Mainshow Goes Eurovision - 2019 | POST YOUR TOP 10s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by heppolo View Post
    at least there's someone who likes classic europop formula (with a little bit of EDM)
    Not my cup of tea, cause for me the more original and outlandish, the more outside the norm the better.
    I think I slightly prefer the more original entries as well but from time to time, I enjoy some plastic, trashy entries such as Sweden 2017, Belarus 2013 or Hungary 2011
    Mainshow Goes Diva: Kylie Minogue

Comment

• Let's move on to 2018 which is my favourite edition when it comes to the Eurovision Song Contest. Actually, coming up with a Top 10 was really difficult. More than 20 entries made it onto my all-time favourite playlist

Please post your own Top 10- Let's see if we agree/disagree + I'll count the points altogether again ;)

Here's a little reminder of the amazing tracks from 2018:

RECAP of the FIRST SEMI FINAL
      RECAP of the SECOND SEMI FINAL
      RECAP of the GRAND FINAL

Comment

• my 2018 top 10
        12 Portugal - Festival da Canção improved so much that year, almost any of the potential winners that year (Diogo Piçarra, janeiro, Peu Madureira) would have been my overall #1
        10 Hungary - one of the heaviest ever entries
        8 Italy - didn't expect them in televoters' top 3 tbh, Ermal Meta's voice is so soft and beautiful
        7 Denmark - theatrical, Vikings the musical
        6 Greece - great studio version which came crushing live (pt. 1)
        5 Slovenia - she projected such a strong vibe
        4 Lithuania - just awww
        3 Sweden - plastic-fantastic, but that staging was awesome + I love falsettos
        2 Romania - reminded me a bit of one Silbermond's song
        1 Albania - completely forgot about this one, sounded awesome live
        Honourable mentions: Estonia, Ukraine, Switzerland, Ireland, Belgium
        Last edited by heppolo; Sat June 29th, 2019, 07:15.
        Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainshow View Post
          Let's move on to 2018 which is my favourite edition when it comes to the Eurovision Song Contest. Actually, coming up with a Top 10 was really difficult.
          Possibly you like 3-4 songs from my bottom 5.

Originally posted by Mainshow View Post
          I'm a bit surprised you didn't like Russia 2016 which won the televoting.
          2015 is tragic, though. I absolutely adore my Top 2 and I'm quite sure I would place both tracks inside my Top 10 of this decade probably
          I have Albania 2015 at 11th place.

Russia in this decade
          6 / 10 : Tolmachevy Sisters - Shine (5th place in 2014)
          5 / 10 : Peter Nalitch and Friends - Lost And Forgotten (12th place in 2010)
          5 / 10 : Alexej Vorobjov - Get You (15th place in 2011)
          4 / 10 : Buranovskiye Babushki - Party For Everybody (18th place in 2012)
          4 / 10 : Julia Samoylova - I Won't Break (18th place in 2018)
          3 / 10 : Sergey Lazarev - Scream (26th place in 2019)
          3 / 10 : Sergey Lazarev - You Are The Only One (25th place in 2016)
          1 / 10 : Polina Gagarina - A Million Voices (34th place in 2015)
          0 / 10 : Dina Garipova - What If (37th place in 2013)

Average : 3.10

31st place from 46 countries in this decade.
          Last edited by LastDreamer; Sat June 29th, 2019, 06:27.
          My celebrity crushes : Monika Sedziuviene, Kristina Ivanova (YVA).
          In my head I like to imagine LastDreamer in the land of Lithuania right now with a suitcase of simcards, a box of chocolates and a wedding ring. It would be a great base for an epic Eurovision fan fiction.

Comment

• Originally posted by LastDreamer View Post
            4 / 10 : Julia Samoylova - I Won't Break (18th place in 2018)
            What is your score of "A Flame Is Burning", by the way?

Comment

What is your score of "A Flame Is Burning", by the way?
              5/10

"Believe Me" is my favourite Russian entry.
              Last edited by LastDreamer; Sat June 29th, 2019, 07:32.
              My celebrity crushes : Monika Sedziuviene, Kristina Ivanova (YVA).
              In my head I like to imagine LastDreamer in the land of Lithuania right now with a suitcase of simcards, a box of chocolates and a wedding ring. It would be a great base for an epic Eurovision fan fiction.

Comment

• Originally posted by LastDreamer View Post
                5/10

"Believe Me" is my favourite Russian entry.
                "Believe Me" is a good song, but live it wasn't 100% on point sadly, the performance was too complex for Julia to hold her voice and keep it on point throughout the entire performance

Comment

• 12 Norway
                  10 Bulgaria
                  08 Ukraine
                  07 Czech Republic
                  06 France
                  05 Sweden
                  04 The Netherlands
                  03 Cyprus
                  02 Hungary
                  01 Moldova
                  I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

• 01. Jessica Mauboy | We Got Love (Australia)
                    02. Saara Aalto | Monsters (Finland)
                    03. Madame Monsieur | Mercy (France)
                    04. Ryan Oshaughnessy | Together (Ireland)
                    05. César Sampson | Nobody But You (Austria)
                    06. Surie | Storm (UK)
                    07. Michael Schulte | You Let Me Walk Alone (Germany)

It wasn't as strong as this year, so I can't get to ten.
                    But the first six are still on my playlist.

And of course, Jessica Mauboy is my fifth most scrobbled song ever.
                    (With only three Mariah songs and one Ariana Grande song scoring higher).
                    My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                      01. Jessica Mauboy | We Got Love (Australia)
                      02. Saara Aalto | Monsters (Finland)
                      03. Madame Monsieur | Mercy (France)
                      04. Ryan Oshaughnessy | Together (Ireland)
                      05. César Sampson | Nobody But You (Austria)
                      06. Surie | Storm (UK)
                      07. Michael Schulte | You Let Me Walk Alone (Germany)

It wasn't as strong as this year, so I can't get to ten.
                      But the first six are still on my playlist.

And of course, Jessica Mauboy is my fifth most scrobbled song ever.
                      (With only three Mariah songs and one Ariana Grande song scoring higher).
                      Thank you for sharing your Top scores!
                      Interesting list.

If you add three more songs (like making a Top 10), I can include your favourites into our ranking [MENTION=31471]RayRay[/MENTION]

Personally, I think that 2018 was the best year ever - I love it when opinions differ that much when it comes to Eurovision. It just proves that this format is for everyone ;)

Wow! It's incredible to know that "We Got Love" is your 5th most scrobbled track. What a great achievement!

Comment

• Originally posted by Erotica View Post
                        12 Norway
                        10 Bulgaria
                        08 Ukraine
                        07 Czech Republic
                        06 France
                        05 Sweden
                        04 The Netherlands
                        03 Cyprus
                        02 Hungary
                        01 Moldova
                        Nice to see that your #1 back in 2018 is still your #1 this year. Do you prefer this track to "Fairytale" since you "just" placed it #3 back then? Or do you consider 2018 to be a weaker year?

Surprised to see Hungary, I love some rock music from time to time ;)

It's a solid Top 10, 9/10 made it to the final. You must have been happy after the semi finals ;)

Comment

• I don't know if I prefer it, they are kinda equal. Well 2018 was a strong year, I especially noticed that after this year's contest. 2018 is one of the better years in my opinion. But the winner wasn't good.
                          I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

Thank you for sharing your Top scores!
                            Interesting list.

If you add three more songs (like making a Top 10), I can include your favourites into our ranking [MENTION=31471]RayRay[/MENTION]
                            I don't even like #7 that much. It is impossible to pick three more. I remember I couldn't participate here at UKMIX last year at those kind of lists as I only liked six songs. I don't think it's fair to randomly pick three more songs.

Comment

I don't even like #7 that much. It is impossible to pick three more. I remember I couldn't participate here at UKMIX last year at those kind of lists as I only liked six songs. I don't think it's fair to randomly pick three more songs.
                              Oh, I will try to make an exception then. Since you're saying this, I can still remember your comment from last year That's a pity, indeed.. I mean, I think that 2018 is like the best edition ever and you can't even find 10 songs you genuinely like That shade xD

Comment

Oh, I will try to make an exception then. Since you're saying this, I can still remember your comment from last year That's a pity, indeed.. I mean, I think that 2018 is like the best edition ever and you can't even find 10 songs you genuinely like That shade xD

Comment

"Believe Me" is a good song, but live it wasn't 100% on point sadly, the performance was too complex for Julia to hold her voice and keep it on point throughout the entire performance
                                  Actually, I also think that "Believe Me" is a good entry but it was definitely not a good choice for Julia. i would love to see her represent Russia again, though. It seemed that there was some room for improvement.

Comment

my 2018 top 10
                                    12 Portugal - Festival da Canção improved so much that year, almost any of the potential winners that year (Diogo Piçarra, janeiro, Peu Madureira) would have been my overall #1
                                    10 Hungary - one of the heaviest ever entries
                                    8 Italy - didn't expect them in televoters' top 3 tbh, Ermal Meta's voice is so soft and beautiful
                                    7 Denmark - theatrical, Vikings the musical
                                    6 Greece - great studio version which came crushing live (pt. 1)
                                    5 Slovenia - she projected such a strong vibe
                                    4 Lithuania - just awww
                                    3 Sweden - plastic-fantastic, but that staging was awesome + I love falsettos
                                    2 Romania - reminded me a bit of one Silbermond's song
                                    1 Albania - completely forgot about this one, sounded awesome live
                                    Honourable mentions: Estonia, Ukraine, Switzerland, Ireland, Belgium
                                    Interesting choices! I agree! The Portuguese National Final has improved a lot and after a few years of mediocre to bland entries, I think that Portugal has found a great strategy to find its entrant. Diogo Picarra needs to try it again! I would love to see him represent Portugal someday!
                                    Nice to see that you enjoy a few rock entries like Hungary and Albania and Romania as well "plastic" stuff like Sweden

Comment

I only "like" the #7 in my list as it was a hit here and I heard it on the radio all the time, so it sort of grew on me.

Comment

• 12 Israel (the right song won!)
                                        10 Cyprus
                                        08 Austria
                                        07 Finland
                                        06 Netherlands
                                        05 Norway
                                        04 Czech Republic
                                        03 Sweden
                                        02 Moldova
                                        01 Italy
                                        Akini's Top 400 Songs of the Decade: [110-106]

Comment

• Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
                                          12 Israel (the right song won!)
                                          10 Cyprus
                                          08 Austria
                                          07 Finland
                                          06 Netherlands
                                          05 Norway
                                          04 Czech Republic
                                          03 Sweden
                                          02 Moldova
                                          01 Italy
                                          Thank you for sharing your Top 10! I'm glad that you can agree on the actual winner! And even the #2 and #3!
                                          It seems that 2018 was your year!

Comment

I only "like" the #7 in my list as it was a hit here and I heard it on the radio all the time, so it sort of grew on me.
                                            It's really great to read that the German entry was able to become a hit in the Netherlands.
                                            I didn't expect it ending up that high in the end but it was lovely to see Sharon den Adel (one of my favourite vocalists) ranked it #1!

Hopefully, her involvement in Eurovision 2018 means that Within Temptation will (re-)consider being part of Eurovision in the near future. It would be amazing to see them represent the Netherlands or, at least, performing as an intervall act. There's no need for an American entertainer to steal the spotlight in the NL. You have so many great artists!

Comment

• 12. Albania
                                              10. Armenia
                                              08. Denmark
                                              07. Austria
                                              06. Germany
                                              05. Hungary
                                              04. Estonia
                                              03. Greece
                                              02. Lithuania
                                              01. Bulgaria

Comment

• Originally posted by Colbie View Post
                                                12. Albania
                                                10. Armenia
                                                08. Denmark
                                                07. Austria
                                                06. Germany
                                                05. Hungary
                                                04. Estonia
                                                03. Greece
                                                02. Lithuania
                                                01. Bulgaria
                                                Thanks for sharing your Top 10. What a lovely mix. I think it's interesting that you English/non-English entries ratio is 5/5. A pity your #2 didn't małe the final, though. It was a very strong semi.

Comment

• #10 SERBIA (1 point)

Sanja Ilić & Balkanika - Nova Deca

After a few years in which Serbia wasn't able to catch my attention, "Nova Deca" turned Serbia to be one of my favourite countries in a recent edition of the contest. I've liked the song before but personally, I think that the live performance helped the entry to grow on me. I even voted for it (1x).
                                                  I'm a sucker for this ethno-type of singing and the artist combining it with modern sounds make it a perfect Eurovision entry!

Comment

• #9 ISRAEL (2 points)

Netta - Toy

That placing might come across as very shocking to some, but even though I do adore this track, I simply couldn't rank it higher. 2018 is my favourite Eurovision edition and the competition was THAT strong...
                                                    When I listened to "Toy" for the very first time, I turned around my friends (were had been watching the final shows of Sweden and Norway together a few moments before) and said, that this is so progressive, instant, catchy and out of this world, that it's going to win. We just had the audio back then and no one wanted to believe me at that stage... Anyway, the entry is a well-deserved winner!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X