No announcement yet.

Cheapthrills' Cheap 20 - August 15, 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I expect to see Kween’s In The Mix on the chart next week.

Originally posted by beredy
    When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thriller View Post
      Good to see Lizzo.
      I am in the midst of compiling my Halloween playlist for October and I lowkey added Good As Hell which should help it come October.

Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
      I expect to see Kween’s In The Mix on the chart next week.
      I didn't even know she was doing this song. It sounds right out of the 90s. I don't know how I feel about the kids with all the "YAYYYY US." They should drop it. I'm not really a fan of kids singing

Comment

• Originally posted by crystalphoenix View Post
        Although "Juice" was done dirty by the American public, there's a cool "power to the people" aspect to her breakthrough this year, with listeners choosing to embrace these older singles despite her team trying to push newer songs.
        Hmm, that's an interesting point. Music has really been democratized through Spotify. Just six or seven years ago, radio had a lot more pull on the charts. In some ways, I miss music on the radio. There was always something kind of fun and expected when a song you liked randomly got played. But anymore, if I'm stuck in my car without my phone, I flip endlessly through radio stations looking for something I like.

Originally posted by crystalphoenix View Post
        Bonnie strikes again! Also, "Underneath Your Clothes" is a MIGHTY intimate song to be singing in your car at the top of your lungs That must be either incredibly arousing - or incredibly awkward - for your passengers "...there's my territory, and all the things I deserRrRve, for being such a good girl, HUNAYYYYY!"
        YASSS, and you just inspired to pull it up and sing it again And yes that would intimidate any passengers, but car karaoke tends to be a solo project. I'm no James Corden. And Bonnie generally kills it all the time. I'd probably talk about her more on here, but UKmix isn't here for her. She's #4 for most total weeks at #1, and now tied for most #1s.

• Lauv can give me a jolt of testosterone anytime.
        I RAN to look him up - I've never known what he looks like. Looks like I'll have to get in line.

• Ecstatic over "Lover"s Top 10 ascension!
        It's been awhile since I liked a Taylor song this much - I think Blank Space was the last one I embraced like this.

• Speaking of Top 10 climbs, your timing is perfect with "Someone You Loved," since it just (finally) entered that tier on the Hot 100 too!
        Did it? I need to check this week's chart! It lingered so long just outside of the top 10, I thought he'd miss his chance. I'm thrilled he pushed through.

• Usually I'd be more concerned about such an underwhelming start for a new Ari single, but "Don't Call Me Angel" isn't doing a ton for me either.
        SIGHHH, I just don't know with this song. I actually LOVE the metallic plinkiness of the background. Like a lot! It's actually more of a selling point for me than the vocals, but I don't know... it feels kind of phoned in from Ariana. I never thought I'd say this because I really have never been into her, but Lana is the stand-out more than the other two for me. However, it annoys me that they all solo during this - where's the unity of Independent Women? Charlie's Angels are supposed to be a team!

Thanks, as always for commenting

Comment

• Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
          I didn't even know she was doing this song. It sounds right out of the 90s. I don't know how I feel about the kids with all the "YAYYYY US." They should drop it. I'm not really a fan of kids singing
          If you’re not gonna chart In The Mix, can you at least rechart GOAT since there’s a new acapella version out?

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• LOL, where did that come from? Looks like it's fan released?

Comment

• Great to see "Hot Girl Summer" climb into the top 5! I'm excited to see how much further it can go here.

Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
              I'm glad you like Blithe. I've just started listening to another song by her called Masochistic, and I'm thinking she is a great discovery.
              I just checked out "Masochistic". I like it!
              Akini's Top 100 Albums of the Decade: [75-71]

Comment

• OMG Move Your Feet and Faint bring back so many memories!

Would be amazing to see Torn growing
                2019 Year End Charts: The 20/20 Experience

Comment

• Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
                  Great to see "Hot Girl Summer" climb into the top 5! I'm excited to see how much further it can go here.

I just checked out "Masochistic". I like it!
                  Your taste is flawless
                  I wish I had good news for Hot Girl Summer, but well, you'll see the next chart...

Originally posted by LOVE+FEAR View Post
                  OMG Move Your Feet and Faint bring back so many memories!

Would be amazing to see Torn growing
                  I do have good news for Torn!

And those songs, gosh, I remember watching them on MTV and that was around the time I started to disengage form the network. Carson Daly stopped doing TRL, and MTV got further and further away from videos - I mean, it had been for a long time already. Then YouTube came around and I don't think I ever saw a video on MTV after that.

Comment

• I'll post the next chart on the new page.

Comment

• Chart Notes:

For the week ending Sep. 28:
                      • It's a 4th week at #1 for Rebecca Levy. it's the 4th song this year to hit 4 weeks - three of them have been by Brits (Jack Savoretti and Shingai are the other two.) The other, Lolo Zouai, is American, but born in France. So, a great turnaround for Brits following 2018 - a year in which no Brit acts had #1 for themselves (Bastille was featured on Happier, and Labrinth had to share space with Sia and Diplo.) and had four weeks total at #1.
                      • Unfortunately [MENTION=23802]JSparksFan[/MENTION] Hot Girl Summer drops out of the top ten this week. I still love the song, but overplayed it to the point of burnout. And it is now officially autumn, so maybe it was its time anyway. (Summer Days by Martin Garrix, dropped from the top ten completely out of the chart last week.)
                      • While Summer Days dropped from #9 last week, Cameron Hawthorn drops out from #8 this week. That might be the biggest drop out of the chart this year.

So this week in 2004, my computer unexpectedly died and I thought I lost all my personal charts for good as I had no back-up. One of my tech friends somehow managed to save all the data, or you'd have no retro charts of the early years today. At the time, I tried to match Billboard's date. They would release on Thursday with a chart ending date of the following week. I changed it during this time as I missed a week anyhow, so the chart ends the same week I post it.

In any case, this chart saw the ascendance of the Scissor Sisters, who exploded to #1 and stayed there. It ended being the #2 song of the year (Incredibly, they'd have the #2 song of the year two years later with I Don't Feel Like Dancin', their only other #1.)

Two acts saw their final song to chart in this top five - Fatboy Slim, an early superstar of the chart - he was the first act to achieve five #1s and in the early years had the most weeks at #1 (28). Alicia Keys was the first to get the 6th #1 in 2009, and Eminem surpassed the week total in 2010.

Destiny's Child had their 4th and final top ten this week too with Lose My Breath, coincidentally a song that just got eliminated in my Homecoming Survivor today (shameless plug if you've read this far.)

So, if you've read this far, I will reward you by sharing some news! As you may know, a very exciting announcement on UKMix happened this month for me. No, not the mod thing... it's that I shared we finally decided we were ready for a dog again and adopted one from the shelter. She looks a lot like Sadie and she is 4 years old. She is very affectionate, shy, and thinks Science Dog Food is complete trash. Here is a picture of her

20190910_151545.jpg

Comment

• Ah, well, despite "Hot Girl Summer" tumbling out of the top 10, there's still quite a bit of great stuff to appreciate this week. Nice to see the climbs for: "Lover", "Torn", "All the Good Girls Go to Hell", and "Don't Call Me Angel". All four songs were growers for me.

I just checked out "Boy Bye". It was bleh. BROCKHAMPTON are hit or miss with me tho.

Thank goodness for your tech friend! "Baby Boy" and "The Remedy" are the standouts (also known as "the only songs I know") from your retro list. I always felt like the latter was fairly underrated.

Aw, I'm not that much into dogs (I much prefer cats, despite them being far more self-absorbed) but happy to hear you were ready to adopt a new pet. What's her name? I know I've said it to you before, but I still find it crazy how much animals can become a part of the family. My cat can be a handful, but I really do love her so much, and it's cute how they have their own, unique personalities. My cat used to be a lot more independent in her earlier years, but as she gets older, she's become a lot more interested in being around people, which is endearing (when it's not extremely uncomfortable with me trying to sleep and her tapping my nose thinking I'm dead).
                        Akini's Top 100 Albums of the Decade: [75-71]

Comment

• Glad to see Grimes' sneaking into the Top20 with "Violence". Loving it!

Also enjoying the entries by Normani, Lauf ft. Anne-Marie, Taylor, Ava Max, The Lumineers, Shawn & Camila, Lizzo, Billie, the "Don't Call Me Angels" trio and Kygo & Whitney. So quite a lot good tunes here

Comment

• Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
                            Ah, well, despite "Hot Girl Summer" tumbling out of the top 10, there's still quite a bit of great stuff to appreciate this week. Nice to see the climbs for: "Lover", "Torn", "All the Good Girls Go to Hell", and "Don't Call Me Angel". All four songs were growers for me.

I just checked out "Boy Bye". It was bleh. BROCKHAMPTON are hit or miss with me tho.
                            Don't Call Me Angel is probably the closest to being a grower for me. I still have issues with it, but it's not as underwhelming as I initially thought. The others are songs that are getting a lot of repeat play. Hopefully, I don't burn myself out on them like Hot Girl Summer. I know Boy Bye is super quirky, so I know it's probably not everyone's taste. Thanks for pointing out the retro - I had the wrong year - that was last week's retro chart!

Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
                            Aw, I'm not that much into dogs (I much prefer cats, despite them being far more self-absorbed) but happy to hear you were ready to adopt a new pet. What's her name? I know I've said it to you before, but I still find it crazy how much animals can become a part of the family. My cat can be a handful, but I really do love her so much, and it's cute how they have their own, unique personalities. My cat used to be a lot more independent in her earlier years, but as she gets older, she's become a lot more interested in being around people, which is endearing (when it's not extremely uncomfortable with me trying to sleep and her tapping my nose thinking I'm dead).
                            Her name is Sasha, which is really close to Sadie (you can see Sadie in my profile picture still) so I call her Sadie by mistake all the time. Losing Sadie was devastating - we'd had her since she was a puppy. But now we are really happy with Sasha - she is four years old and we picked her up form the shelter, and she is starting to figure out our routine. You are right about personalities - even though she looks like Sadie, Sadie was more all of and content to just share the same room as us without being bothered. Sasha is much more of an attention whore.

Originally posted by Tansike View Post
                            Glad to see Grimes' sneaking into the Top20 with "Violence". Loving it!

Also enjoying the entries by Normani, Lauv ft. Anne-Marie, Taylor, Ava Max, The Lumineers, Shawn & Camila, Lizzo, Billie, the "Don't Call Me Angels" trio and Kygo & Whitney. So quite a lot good tunes here
                            Yay, you mentioned acts that have all had previous success on here too! Violence got some cursory listens as I get my Halloween playlist together, and since I added it there, October may be a good month for it.

Thanks both of you for commenting

Comment

• Chart Notes:

For the week ending Oct. 5:
                              • Rebecca Levy manages a 5th week at #1, the longest since Shallow got to a 6th week last November.
                              • This is Taylor's 5th time making it to the top two, but only once has she managed to go all the way, and she needed help to do it. I Don't Want to Live Forever remains her only #1.
                              • I Need Help! is Fotz and the Tantrums 6th top ten, but their first with an exclamation point.

In 2005, Josh Gracin got his 3rd out of 4 number ones. He is exceedingly rare company in that he was the first artist to pull three #1s from one album (The Austin Powers soundtrack was the only album to achieve this prior.) He remains the only male artist to pull this off. It didn't last very long though because Kelly Clarkson got her 2nd #1 the following week - the only time one American Idol alum knocked another off #1. For years, Josh Gracin was the AI alum with the most #1, until Kelly got her 5th at the end of 2013.

Also, as September came to an end, Green Day spent their final week in the top five.

Kanye remains the person with the most #2 songs (four) without going to #1. Gold Digger was his second to do so. Diamonds From Sierra Leone was his first. The most #2s overall (five) is a tie between Lily Allen and Ariana Grande.

Comment

• Hi cheapthrills
                                Looks like i need to educate myself with some of these tracks. Admittedly the last time i checked out the unknown songs in your chart, i wasn't really fussed over them. (but this was a couple of months back).

My personal highlights is seeing Ava Max climbing to a peak of #4 with Torn. It doesn't look like it's gonna be a hit sadly. Radio and music channels have seemingly shunned the track in the UK.

Big climb for Billie Eilish. I was quite excited to watch the music video premiere - one of the rare times i was actually on YouTube when the premiere happened. I was ultimately left quite disappointed with the end result, still like the song though.

Lizzo moving upwards with Good as hell. It appears Lizzo's record label are now treating this as the new single which is fair enough. A song shouldn't be denied success just because it was originally released in 2016. I mean how many members of UK Mix heard this song in 2016 because i certainly didn't. Like they say, best things come to those who wait...

Ahh yes, the new Christina Aguilera track which just happens to be a halloween song, and i know all about your halloween playlists each year. Curious to see if this could potentially go all the way to #1 in time for halloween or whether another new song in the coming weeks ends up preventing that from happening.

Ohh and a big <3 at Because of you on its way to being #1 in 2005. Gosh i find it fascinating that there are so many others who have been compiling their own charts for years compared to my mere 6 years since joining UK Mix. I loved that Green Day song too. In fact i thought American idiot overall was a great album.

Comment

• Nice to see Lizzo climb.

Comment

• So WBGOAT was already out of the top 5 by this time?

753/754

Comment

• Originally posted by JakeP View Post
                                      Hi cheapthrills
                                      Looks like i need to educate myself with some of these tracks. Admittedly the last time i checked out the unknown songs in your chart, i wasn't really fussed over them. (but this was a couple of months back).
                                      Oh no! I hope you find something you like this time. A few people have said they like the Rebecca Levy song.

Originally posted by JakeP View Post
                                      My personal highlights is seeing Ava Max climbing to a peak of #4 with Torn. It doesn't look like it's gonna be a hit sadly. Radio and music channels have seemingly shunned the track in the UK.
                                      I saw that! I'm shocked - I though she was shaping up to be the next pop girl there! Hopefully Ava is not a one hit wonder here.

Big climb for Billie Eilish. I was quite excited to watch the music video premiere - one of the rare times i was actually on YouTube when the premiere happened. I was ultimately left quite disappointed with the end result, still like the song though.
                                      The only thing I like about the video is all the figures dancing in the houses set aflame. Billie's wings look fake af.

Lizzo moving upwards with Good as hell. It appears Lizzo's record label are now treating this as the new single which is fair enough. A song shouldn't be denied success just because it was originally released in 2016. I mean how many members of UK Mix heard this song in 2016 because I certainly didn't. Like they say, best things come to those who wait...
                                      I definitely had heard this song awhile ago. Actually, it was [MENTION=46858]bluecherry[/MENTION] who made me aware of Lizzo in the Games section a couple years back. But this is a great track by her, and I picked it up with more vigor once I started hearing it again. Two Hell songs on my list!

Ahh yes, the new Christina Aguilera track which just happens to be a halloween song, and i know all about your halloween playlists each year. Curious to see if this could potentially go all the way to #1 in time for halloween or whether another new song in the coming weeks ends up preventing that from happening.
                                      It's definitely the most Halloween appropriate song on the list! And since it's October now, the playlist starts getting used today. Haunted Heart is on there, of course, so we will see. It's kind of an update to I Put a Spell On You. From 2009-2015, a song from the Halloween playlist hit #1, but the last couple years there' s been strong competition to block that from happening (Shallow last year and Feel It Still the year before).

Ohh and a big <3 at Because of you on its way to being #1 in 2005. Gosh i find it fascinating that there are so many others who have been compiling their own charts for years compared to my mere 6 years since joining UK Mix. I loved that Green Day song too. In fact i thought American idiot overall was a great album.
                                      That might be in my top three of all Kelly songs. I think her hit-making days are over unfortunately, but she's one of the most successful acts on my chart. I think she's one of five acts to have 20 top tens (which includes Because of You twice because she released a duet with Reba). Green Day was really strong on my chart from American Idiot through the two follow-up albums.

Thanks so much for stopping by, Jake

Comment

Nice to see Lizzo climb.
                                        I anticipate top ten for her now that she's on my playlist.

Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                                        So WBGOAT was already out of the top 5 by this time?
                                        753/754
                                        She spent like three months in the top five though! Not everyone has that!

I can't that WBT didn't even give AIWFCIY room to breathe!

Comment

SIGHHH, I just don't know with this song. I actually LOVE the metallic plinkiness of the background. Like a lot! It's actually more of a selling point for me than the vocals, but I don't know... it feels kind of phoned in from Ariana. I never thought I'd say this because I really have never been into her, but Lana is the stand-out more than the other two for me. However, it annoys me that they all solo during this - where's the unity of Independent Women? Charlie's Angels are supposed to be a team!
                                          Ha, that's a brilliant way of describing it, and it's definitely a cool effect (just a shame that the rest of the track is so unremarkable).

• Congrats on the dogdoption! Any chance we might get to see a shot of this beautiful girl alongside her handsome father? Maybe matching Halloween costumes...?
                                          • I'm tearing up at the sight of "Lover" inside your Top 2! TOP 2! I'm beyond satisfied with this outcome...but it would be pretty awesome if Tay could finally score her first "solo" No. 1 here. Rebecca's been guarding that top spot for quite a while now...
                                          • I had no idea Christina just dropped something! I guess she really wanted to secure a coveted spot on your Halloween playlist I've never been as into her as several other popstars from the past couple decades, but there's no denying she's got the voice to slay a song like this. Also: thank you for mentioning "I Put A Spell On You." I was wondering what song this reminded me of, but couldn't put my finger on it!
                                          • I was underwhelmed by "Violence" at first, but Tansike's enthusiasm for it has started rubbing off on me a little. Those "and I like it like that, and I like it like that" bits are pretty catchy.

Yet another friendly chart, CT!
                                          last.fm

Comment

• Originally posted by crystalphoenix View Post
                                            Ha, that's a brilliant way of describing it, and it's definitely a cool effect (just a shame that the rest of the track is so unremarkable).
                                            I know. I'm over it, I'm surprised it had enough to make the list this week. What a missed opportunity.

• Congrats on the dogdoption! Any chance we might get to see a shot of this beautiful girl alongside her handsome father? Maybe matching Halloween costumes...?
                                            It is so hard to find dog costumes when it's a medium size dog. I always wanted to find bat wings for Sadie. She would have looked perfect as a bat! Sasha too, I suppose, though she has some white on her neck. Instead, we got Sadie a "Rufferee" outfit, which we might haul out for Sasha too. I guess I'd have to go as a football player.

• I'm tearing up at the sight of "Lover" inside your Top 2! TOP 2! I'm beyond satisfied with this outcome...but it would be pretty awesome if Tay could finally score her first "solo" No. 1 here. Rebecca's been guarding that top spot for quite a while now...
                                            Honestly, a huge grower for me! Probably the thing I've most enjoyed from her since Blank Space, which really should have been a #1.

• I had no idea Christina just dropped something! I guess she really wanted to secure a coveted spot on your Halloween playlist I've never been as into her as several other popstars from the past couple decades, but there's no denying she's got the voice to slay a song like this. Also: thank you for mentioning "I Put A Spell On You." I was wondering what song this reminded me of, but couldn't put my finger on it!
                                            Christina is so crafty - she's really angling for a #1 before the decade is out. That is literally the ONLY reason she released such a perfect song for my playlist! I've been playing the hell out of it (see what I did there? HELL? Anyhow...)

• I was underwhelmed by "Violence" at first, but Tansike's enthusiasm for it has started rubbing off on me a little. Those "and I like it like that, and I like it like that" bits are pretty catchy.
                                            I'm kind of a sucker for dance-pop with these kind of vocals. That's how Alan Walker keeps charting so successfully. Thanks for commenting, PHX

Comment

• Chart Notes:

For the week ending Oct. 12:
                                              • Christina Aguilera gets her third #1 in dramatic fashion, with one of the biggest jumps to #1 of all time. It's the biggest in over five years since The Walker set the record with a 19-1 move.
                                              • It's the tightest top three of the year, and she just edges out Billie Eilish. This is Billie Eilish's third top 10. She's the second youngest to get three top tens behind Lorde, who got her third in 2015, just a few months younger then than Billie is now.
                                              • None of the songs in the top 20 hold the position they had last week. Really unusual!

Just two years after Take Your Mama, Scissor Sisters had another huge success with I Don't Feel Like Dancin'. Both songs ended up at #2 on my year-end list (behind Maroon 5's This Love and Gnarls Barkley's Crazy respectively). This made one of only (I think) three acts which have finished in the top two twice. (I believe Sia and Eminem are the other two - Sia having both top two songs in 2016.)

While Ring the Alarm got shut out, just 2 months later, she'd be riding high with Irreplaceable, and 2 months after that she'd hit #1 with Listen from Dreamgirls. This was a peak Bey time.

Comment

• Bye Higher Love

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                                                  Bye Higher Love

I know - the Halloween playlist killed it off But I'm sure she'll do pretty good on the year-end.

Comment

• Hey cheapthrills

Firstly, gosh with a capital GOSH I wasn't expecting that climb for Christina Aguilera. I did wonder whether it'd peak at #1 at the end of October but wow that's some serious climbing.

It feels like the halloween themes have kicked in early this month with Billie Eilish's "hell" related single up to #2.

Aww i'm hoping Lizzo continues to climb with her halloween anthem Good as hell.

Hmm i checked out that A$AP Rocky track a few weeks back. Why? Because i read the song title and had visions of "omg he didn't just sample Kate Bush did he?". He didn't but needless to say i wasn't impressed anyways.

LOL i see another halloween song in the shape of Graveyard making its presence known. Another contender for halloween #1 in a fortnights time? I've noticed this is making headway on Spotify charts so perhaps this might become another decent sized hit and considered the follow up to Without me.

...but the greatest halloween gift is of course Niall Horan. He's one handsome ghost...erm, guy!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by JakeP View Post
                                                      Hey cheapthrills

Firstly, gosh with a capital GOSH I wasn't expecting that climb for Christina Aguilera. I did wonder whether it'd peak at #1 at the end of October but wow that's some serious climbing.

It feels like the halloween themes have kicked in early this month with Billie Eilish's "hell" related single up to #2.

Aww i'm hoping Lizzo continues to climb with her halloween anthem Good as hell.
                                                      Hi Jake I was on it with my Halloween playlist this year. I don't why I was so ready for it. And Christina released her song just ahead of me creating it. This is the earliest a song from the playlist has hit #1 (and Halloween playlist songs don't always go to #1 - they hadn't since 2015). All the songs you mentioned are on it. I had some friends with me in the car this weekend and was using my playlist, and they were, like, pissed that I included Lizzo They were all "how is THAT Halloween?" hahahahaha

Hmm i checked out that A$AP Rocky track a few weeks back. Why? Because i read the song title and had visions of "omg he didn't just sample Kate Bush did he?". He didn't but needless to say i wasn't impressed anyways.
                                                      Haha, can't say I expect to see too many people rooting for Rocky, but there's some parts of the song that really work for me. I'm not sure of its prospects since obviously the playlist effect is pretty strong this year. It would be surreal to hear Kate sampled on a rap track!

LOL i see another halloween song in the shape of Graveyard making its presence known. Another contender for halloween #1 in a fortnights time? I've noticed this is making headway on Spotify charts so perhaps this might become another decent sized hit and considered the follow up to Without me.
                                                      It did make the playlist cut! I've only had a couple years where multiple playlist songs hit #1 (in 2013, it was THREE), but I love my playlist this year.

...but the greatest halloween gift is of course Niall Horan. He's one handsome ghost...erm, guy!!!
                                                      I never understood why Harry seemed to be the one that got the most attention for looks. Teen girls have crappy taste - seriously you've got Zayn looking snatched, Niall looking adorable, and Liam looking ripped. There's no need for Harry in our gangbang.

Oops, sorry my interior fanfiction was supposed to stay internal.

Thanks for commenting, Jake

Comment

It is so hard to find dog costumes when it's a medium size dog. I always wanted to find bat wings for Sadie. She would have looked perfect as a bat! Sasha too, I suppose, though she has some white on her neck. Instead, we got Sadie a "Rufferee" outfit, which we might haul out for Sasha too. I guess I'd have to go as a football player.
                                                        SPLOOSH! From the few (only?) photos I've seen, I think you could pull that off QUITE well. Which team would you play for?

Christina is so crafty - she's really angling for a #1 before the decade is out. That is literally the ONLY reason she released such a perfect song for my playlist! I've been playing the hell out of it (see what I did there? HELL? Anyhow...)
                                                        I already peeked below, and it looks like Xtina successfully squeaked in a No. 1 just in time, but that has me wondering: what's her biggest hit of the 2010's here?

I'm kind of a sucker for dance-pop with these kind of vocals. That's how Alan Walker keeps charting so successfully. Thanks for commenting, PHX
                                                        I love that! I generally like shortening people's names, but I felt a bit rude calling you "cheap," so I've been opting for CT instead. Unless there's other things you'd rather be called...?

• Woah! I was NOT expecting a No. 15 ---> No. 1 rocket launch for "Haunted Heart" in week 2, but I guess that's shame on me for underestimating the power of the playlist!
                                                        • Hmmm...on first listen, I'm skeptical of "Corrupted"s potential to replicate the success of "Tell Your Girlfriend." That line about eating him like a carnivore made me smile, though.
                                                        • "Graveyard" is another obvious playlist candidate that hadn't crossed my mind. Her "Nightmare" would actually work too, but that one has a somewhat...abrasive...sound that kept me from really getting into it.
                                                        • So "This Love" was your No. 1 of 2004? No sign of "Memories," though (not like I've been paying it much attention either).

Yet another hair-raising chart, CT!
                                                        last.fm

Comment

• I need to get into the Christina song, listened to it once and thought it was a bit weird!

Comment

Violence got some cursory listens as I get my Halloween playlist together, and since I added it there, October may be a good month for it.
                                                            Oh, this is amazing news! At first I thought "Violence" is one of her weakest songs (that I know) but it has ended up as such a big grower for me, so I'm really excited to see how it will do on your chart in the upcoming weeks

Interesting #1 this week. Unfortunately, while I do appreciate what Christina is doing with this song, I don't really like "Haunted Heart".
                                                            Nice to see "Graveyard" appearing and Billie climbing a lot this week. I guess both of them are also part of your Halloween playlist?

Loving Niall's debut this week as well. Hopefully a hit for him!

Comment

I need to get into the Christina song, listened to it once and thought it was a bit weird!
                                                              Well, it is weird! I don't think radio will be playing it any time soon! But I do think the mix of Christina and a spooky song is a combination I didn't know I needed.

Originally posted by Tansike View Post
                                                              Oh, this is amazing news! At first I thought "Violence" is one of her weakest songs (that I know) but it has ended up as such a big grower for me, so I'm really excited to see how it will do on your chart in the upcoming weeks

Interesting #1 this week. Unfortunately, while I do appreciate what Christina is doing with this song, I don't really like "Haunted Heart".
                                                              Nice to see "Graveyard" appearing and Billie climbing a lot this week. I guess both of them are also part of your Halloween playlist?

Loving Niall's debut this week as well. Hopefully a hit for him!
                                                              I think you'll be pleased with the next chart for both Grimes and Niall! Grimes' song is a grower; a little subdued compared to some of her other songs - well, as subdued for Grimes anyhow. Graveyard and Billie are both part of the playlist - haha!, which is incredibly strong this year. For some reason, many artists I like are in the spirit this year.

Thanks to both of you for commenting

Comment

Working...
                                                              X