Cheapthrills' Cheap 20 - July 11, 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cheapthrills' Cheap 20

Yay, thanks for checking in! It also reminded me I didn't post this week's chart so I will do that next.

I use Google Sheets and then copy and paste it into Paint and save as jpg, then link to imgur - it's kind of a pain, but it's also a pain to try to line everything up here. I wish they had a table tool on UKMix because if I make a mistake, I could fix it easier.

Janelle has been killing it this year, and she is in contention this week. Guatemala is proving to be strong competition because it's got such a nice summery vibe. As for Make Me Feel, that 13 week reign stacks pretty high - tied for longest ever! And the last time was 20 years ago, so it was a really special accomplishment! Only five songs have even topped ten weeks and two of them were back when the chart started.

Martin Garrix is so pretty <3 and he is also so talented! I've been following him since Animals.

Comment

• Chart Notes:

For the week ending 7/7:

* I am up to #37 on my top 100 Artists countdown!

* Guatemala blocks Janelle for the third week in a row, and with a bevy of songs climbing up the top ten, it's going to be competitive next week. The good news - Make Me Feel gets an 18th week in the top five. The last song to do so was Rolling in the Deep by Adele, which spent 22 weeks in the top five

* After a long absence, Christina Aguilera returns to the top ten. Her last appearance was as featured on Moves Like Jagger in October of 2011. Her last solo appearance was with Not Myself Tonight in May of 2010.

After debuting the previous year on my chart, Eminem exploded on the chart in 2000. This was his first lead solo #1, after being featured on Dr. Dre's Forgot About Dre earlier that year. For good measure, Dr. Dre shared space with Em in this top five with what was the only Dre song to make mychart without an Em feature. Meanwhile Pink was charting for the first time, and Aaliyah was in the top five with what was one of only two of her songs to ever make my list - the other being Are You That Somebody? (Both from movie soundtracks!)

Comment

• Originally posted by cheapthrills
        I use Google Sheets and then copy and paste it into Paint and save as jpg, then link to imgur - it's kind of a pain, but it's also a pain to try to line everything up here. I wish they had a table tool on UKMix because if I make a mistake, I could fix it easier.
        Ah, so it's a multi-step/multi-program process each week, but the end result does look worth it! A table tool here would be MUCH appreciated - I'd certainly utilize it!

Originally posted by cheapthrills
        Janelle has been killing it this year, and she is in contention this week. Guatemala is proving to be strong competition because it's got such a nice summery vibe. As for Make Me Feel, that 13 week reign stacks pretty high - tied for longest ever! And the last time was 20 years ago, so it was a really special accomplishment! Only five songs have even topped ten weeks and two of them were back when the chart started.
        After a quick bit of browsing here, it looks like "The Mummer's Dance" was the smash that shares the 13-week record with "Make Me Feel"? Not gonna lie, both that song and artist are brand-new to me What are the other three hits that lasted 10+ weeks on top?

Martin Garrix is so pretty <3 and he is also so talented! I've been following him since Animals.
        I was pretty into that one for a while too, but I like the way his sound has evolved since then, and I've really enjoyed some of his more recent collaborations with other artists ("Ocean," "There For You," and especially "Scared To Be Lonely").

• Aw, looks like Janelle has to settle for the runner-up spot for another week Do you know which song has spent the most weeks at No. 2 without ever reaching No. 1? **Fingers crossed** she doesn't get leap-frogged by Cardi & co…

• Speaking of Cardi, I'm diggin' that debut for "Girls Like You." I generally stick to the original/album version, since that's the version I knew/liked fist, but I'm definitely glad that she's helped them score another global smash after "Wait" seriously under-performed. :x
        last.fm

Comment

• Thank you so much for all the reflection on my chart

Originally posted by phoenix98
          After a quick bit of browsing here, it looks like "The Mummer's Dance" was the smash that shares the 13-week record with "Make Me Feel"? Not gonna lie, both that song and artist are brand-new to me What are the other three hits that lasted 10+ weeks on top?
          On one hand, I love that The Mummer's Dance held the record because it's such an oddball distinction -Loreena McKennit never hit my c hart again. My chart moved very slowly in the early years, so it benefited from that. Five of the eight songs that have been #1 for 9 weeks or more are from the first five years of my chart:

1. Make Me Feel - Janelle Monae (13 weeks) - 2018
          2. The Mummer's Dance - Loreen McKennett - (13 weeks) 1998
          3. Rolling in the Deep - Adele - (11 weeks) 2011
          4. The Rockafeller Skank - Fatboy Slim - (11 weeks) 1998
          5. Lose Yourself - Eminem - (10 weeks) - 2002
          6. Born This Way - Lady Gaga - (9 weeks) -2011
          7. Down - Stone Temple Pilots (9 weeks) - 1999
          8. Nookie - Limp Bizkit (9 weeks) - 1999

As you can see, outside of 2011, nothing has lasted more than 8 weeks at #1 in the last fifteen years.

I was pretty into that one for a while too, but I like the way his sound has evolved since then, and I've really enjoyed some of his more recent collaborations with other artists ("Ocean," "There For You," and especially "Scared To Be Lonely").
          If only Martin sang, he could be another Calvin Harris, but I think his career will hopefully go in that same vein of collaboration - they've all been great!

• Aw, looks like Janelle has to settle for the runner-up spot for another week Do you know which song has spent the most weeks at No. 2 without ever reaching No. 1? **Fingers crossed** she doesn't get leap-frogged by Cardi & co…
          It's a really strong top three right four right now - any of them could be #1, but I'll post my newest chart soon. As for the most weeks at #2 without going to #1... hmm, I'll have to research. I know Sam Hunt stayed at #2 for five weeks last year - I think he got blocked by Gaga's The Cure for most of that. I have one song that spent 2 weeks at #1 and 9 weeks at #2 - Superman (It's Not Easy) by Five For Fighting in the last three months of 2001.

Comment

• Chart Notes:

For the week ending 7/14:

* I am about to start posting the top 30 on my top 100 Artists countdown!

* In one of the closest top 3s of the year, Guatemala just holds on to spend a 4th week at the top. It's been nearly four years since a duo of any sort lasted 4 weeks at #1 - the last time being Sam Feldt and De Hofnar for Bloesem, 2014's #1 song.

* Drake is back after Nice For What barely got going and peaked at #19. He brings MJ along with him, who never charted in his lifetime, but did chart with Thriller in the wake of his death in 2009.

It's been 17 years since an all-time favorite first moved to #1 on my chart. It ended up #1 for all of 2001 - Bootylicious, and there's not a week that goes by that I still don't tell them they aren't ready for someone's jelly. They managed to lead a pretty rock-oriented top five - and as the only female representatives that week. Of those songs, I probably only also listen to the Sugar Ray song occasionally.

Comment

• Lookin g at your charts, I'm glad Bloom made it to the top 5 in past weeks
              Follow Me On Instagram

The FIRST user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

#KING

Comment

• Originally posted by MusicRecords
                I'm glad Bloom made it to the top 5 in past weeks
                It deserves it

Loving Creep City as well - such a shame it gets hardly any recognition. The music video though....is kinda too tragic for me.
                Originally posted by SummerPeur
                Time stops for the Kween everytime WBT is performed.
                Originally posted by Goldmoney
                So does her microphone

Comment

Aw, I love Troye - he also hit #1 with My My My earlier this year before Janelle started destroying everyone in sight.

Yess, nice to see someone else who loves Creep City <3- such a great song and that video might be the most unabashedly gayest thing I will see all year

Comment

1. Make Me Feel - Janelle Monae (13 weeks) - 2018
                    2. The Mummer's Dance - Loreen McKennett - (13 weeks) 1998
                    3. Rolling in the Deep - Adele - (11 weeks) 2011
                    4. The Rockafeller Skank - Fatboy Slim - (11 weeks) 1998
                    5. Lose Yourself - Eminem - (10 weeks) - 2002
                    6. Born This Way - Lady Gaga - (9 weeks) -2011
                    7. Down - Stone Temple Pilots (9 weeks) - 1999
                    8. Nookie - Limp Bizkit (9 weeks) - 1999
                    That's a pretty diverse bunch! Thanks for putting that list together! I recognize all of the acts (but not every song) aside from Loreen, but they're names that I definitely don't see lumped together often...or ever That's awesome, though, and a testament to your broad tastes/vast music knowledge! Did something change about your chart policy/methodology around 2002-2003 that sped-up the turnover ever since? Or did you just start checking out more music more often?

It's a really strong top three right four right now - any of them could be #1, but I'll post my newest chart soon. As for the most weeks at #2 without going to #1... hmm, I'll have to research. I know Sam Hunt stayed at #2 for five weeks last year - I think he got blocked by Gaga's The Cure for most of that. I have one song that spent 2 weeks at #1 and 9 weeks at #2 - Superman (It's Not Easy) by Five For Fighting in the last three months of 2001.
                    After a little digging, it looks like "Body Like A Back Road" was blocked by "It Ain't Me" and "Venus Fly" I guess Janelle's been a force on your charts since well before the Dirty Computer era? Art Angels was my first taste of Grimes, and became my second-most-played album of 2016. It was a really pleasant surprise to see her drop a video for that collabo last year (since I definitely wasn’t expecting any more promo at that point).

• Wow, "Guatemala" continues to hold its ground against the stiff competition! It seems like Janelle's chance at No. 1 glory has passed this time around (but having one of your longest-running-No. 1's ever isn't a bad consolation prize). ;)
                    • My only prior exposure to Bahari is their collaboration with Grey ("I Miss You"), but "Savage" makes a pretty good first impression too!
                    • "Palo Santo" has been getting a lot of positive reception around UKMIX! Admittedly, I'm more drawn to the poppier, uptempo moments on the album ("All For You," "If You're Over Me," "Preacher," etc.), but there's still a lot to like about the title track too. What's Y&Y's biggest hit here so far?
                    last.fm

Comment

• Originally posted by phoenix98
                      That's awesome, though, and a testament to your broad tastes/vast music knowledge! Did something change about your chart policy/methodology around 2002-2003 that sped-up the turnover ever since? Or did you just start checking out more music more often?
                      Thanks, I try to be open! I think it's more fun that way As for the change, I never thought about it, but starting in 2003 is when I started sharing my top ten with my friends and not just for myself, and they would comment, or ask me why a certain song hadn't charted and now that you mention it, that probably influenced it quite a bit. 2011 (and now this year) seem to be anomalies in lengthy #1s since then.

After a little digging, it looks like "Body Like A Back Road" was blocked by "It Ain't Me" and "Venus Fly" I guess Janelle's been a force on your charts since well before the Dirty Computer era? Art Angels was my first taste of Grimes, and became my second-most-played album of 2016. It was a really pleasant surprise to see her drop a video for that collabo last year (since I definitely wasn’t expecting any more promo at that point).
                      Oh, wow, thanks for researching. I still have to get back to you on your original question - I'm curious to know myself! It's probably one of the early charts. But yes, Janelle has been a favorite of mine for awhile, going back to 2010. Venus Fly charted probably because of Janelle and not Grimes, but now Grimes has a new audience in me. Venus Fly was fantastic and it was the #1 song the week I got my graduate degree. If you've been following my top 100 Artists countdown, you might notice Janelle hasn't shown up yet, but stayed tuned...

• Wow, "Guatemala" continues to hold its ground against the stiff competition! It seems like Janelle's chance at No. 1 glory has passed this time around (but having one of your longest-running-No. 1's ever isn't a bad consolation prize). ;)
                      • My only prior exposure to Bahari is their collaboration with Grey ("I Miss You"), but "Savage" makes a pretty good first impression too!
                      Well, I'm goign to post my next chart soon, so you'll have to see if Guatemala held out for a 5th week I don't know much about Bahari myself, but they did feature on a Zedd song called Addicted to a Memory, which was #2 for 2015! Then this song came up on New Music Friday and I loved it!

• "Palo Santo" has been getting a lot of positive reception around UKMIX! Admittedly, I'm more drawn to the poppier, uptempo moments on the album ("All For You," "If You're Over Me," "Preacher," etc.), but there's still a lot to like about the title track too. What's Y&Y's biggest hit here so far?
                      So I just mentioned Zedd 's song was #2 for the whole year of 2015 and number 1 song that year was... King by Years & Years! It was their first song to chart and so far been their biggest success, though they have hit #1 three times (with Shine and Meteorite being the other two).

Comment

• Chart Notes:

For the week ending 7/21:

* So you might want to check the top 100 Artists countdown as one of the artists on this list will show up in the next update. I will be up to #13 and should be done with the countdown at the end of the week.

* Janelle reverses course and wins the war of attrition this week as she back-doors her way to her sixth #1. Janelle is only the seventh act to have a sixth #1. This is Janelle's third consecutive album to yield a #1. In a slow week, she also manages to get the Biggest Jump. I'll have to see when that honor last went to a #1 song.

* Well, once again a Drake release is short-lived as Don't Matter With Me spent a solitary week at #20, but he is replaced with another Drake song, so we'll see if one of his Scorpion songs can catch fire with me this year.

2002 was an interesting year as it contains the longest unbroken streak of women at the top of the chart - 26 weeks in a row with eight different song. Advancing that streak was the #2 song of the year Soak Up the Sun. The song blocked Eminem from getting to #1 with Without Me. But he had the last laugh - Lose Yourself was released later that year and became the #1 song of 2002, blocking Sheryl.

Comment

Fantastic debut for "God Is A Woman" - such a strong song <3

Comment

• Originally posted by Tansike
                            Fantastic debut for "God Is A Woman" - such a strong song <3
                            Much better to me than that promo with Nicki, and the video is gorgeous.

Thanks for checking in on my chart <3

Comment

Thanks, I try to be open! I think it's more fun that way As for the change, I never thought about it, but starting in 2003 is when I started sharing my top ten with my friends and not just for myself, and they would comment, or ask me why a certain song hadn't charted and now that you mention it, that probably influenced it quite a bit. 2011 (and now this year) seem to be anomalies in lengthy #1s since then.
                              Ah, that makes perfect sense! Sharing my chart on UKMIX, and following other charts, has definitely influenced the music I check out/what appears on mine.

Oh, wow, thanks for researching. I still have to get back to you on your original question - I'm curious to know myself! It's probably one of the early charts. But yes, Janelle has been a favorite of mine for awhile, going back to 2010. Venus Fly charted probably because of Janelle and not Grimes, but now Grimes has a new audience in me. Venus Fly was fantastic and it was the #1 song the week I got my graduate degree. If you've been following my top 100 Artists countdown, you might notice Janelle hasn't shown up yet, but stayed tuned...
                              That's awesome, congrats! What was your area of study? I remember playing Lady Antebellum's "Bartender" a lot when I got my MA, since I had family flying in for the ceremony, which definitely made me want to grab a drink (or two...) "What I’m really needing now, is a double shot of Crown..."

Well, I'm goign to post my next chart soon, so you'll have to see if Guatemala held out for a 5th week I don't know much about Bahari myself, but they did feature on a Zedd song called Addicted to a Memory, which was #2 for 2015! Then this song came up on New Music Friday and I loved it!
                              I had no idea they'd collaborated with Zedd, so thanks for filling me in! I've really enjoyed several of his singles ("Stay," "Clarity," "I Want You To Know," "Spectrum," "The Middle," "Stay The Night," etc.), so I'll have to give that one a listen! How has he done here (aside from ATAM)?

So I just mentioned Zedd 's song was #2 for the whole year of 2015 and number 1 song that year was... King by Years & Years! It was their first song to chart and so far been their biggest success, though they have hit #1 three times (with Shine and Meteorite being the other two).
                              Wow, so Y&Y got off to a VERY strong start here! "King" was their first entry on my chart too (but it stalled at No. 2, so they didn't claim their first No. 1 until "Shine").

• Ooh...shame on me for counting Janelle out too soon! This unexpected turnaround makes for an especially nice surprise, though!
                              • Here I thought "I Like It" was a shoo-in for your next No. 1, and it ends up with the biggest drop I'm lovin' all these plot twists!
                              • A solid Top 10 start for Ari's latest offering! Admittedly, I'm not feeling it quite as much as a lot of UKMIXers seem to be, but I'm always glad to see her material connecting with people!
                              last.fm

Comment

YES at "I Like That" finally making it to #1! "God Is a Woman" is fantastic, so great to see it debut. Hope it climbs next week.

"Soak Up the Sun" is nice, but "Without Me" is the best song on the retro list.
                                Akini's Top 400 Songs of the Decade: [2-1!]

Comment

• Originally posted by phoenix98
                                  • Ooh...shame on me for counting Janelle out too soon! This unexpected turnaround makes for an especially nice surprise, though!
                                  • Here I thought "I Like It" was a shoo-in for your next No. 1, and it ends up with the biggest drop I'm lovin' all these plot twists!
                                  • A solid Top 10 start for Ari's latest offering! Admittedly, I'm not feeling it quite as much as a lot of UKMIXers seem to be, but I'm always glad to see her material connecting with people!
                                  Originally posted by JSparksFan
                                  YES at "I Like That" finally making it to #1! "God Is a Woman" is fantastic, so great to see it debut. Hope it climbs next week.

"Soak Up the Sun" is nice, but "Without Me" is the best song on the retro list.
                                  LOL, yes Cardi was soooo close last week, and now it appears she has missed out at a second #1. I burned out on it much quicker than I thought I would and while Guatemala and I Like That are both decreasing, Guatemala managed to decrease just a little faster than Janelle. So, it was an unusual week! As for Ariana, she has debuted in the top ten with six songs previously - 4 of those went on to #1 (out of 5 #1s) and 2 went to #2 behind monster songs (Hello and Make Me Feel), so I think God is a Woman will do well!

Comment

Phoenix98:

I just checked over my charts and the longest a song has spent at #2 without going to #1 is 6 weeks. This has happened five times. As I suspected, most of these are in the 1998-2002 era. Here they are (with the week they first hit #2 in parenthesis).

You're Still the One - Shania Twain (7/18/98)
                                    Lady Marmalade - Christina Aguilera, Pink, Mya, and Lil' Kim (5/12/01)
                                    Island in the Sun - Weezer (8/18/01)
                                    Without Me - Eminem (6/15/02)
                                    You Know I'm No Good - The Arctic Monkeys (6/23/07) [4 of these behind Amy's version]

Three songs have spent 5 weeks at #2:
                                    1985 - Bowling For Soup (10/16/04)
                                    Shut Up and Let Me Go - The Ting Tings (5/10/08)
                                    Last year's Body Like a Back Road - Sam Hunt (4/22/17)

Looking at this, I guess Sam's 5 weeks at #2 were more interesting than I realized.

Comment

• Chart Notes:

For the week ending 7/28:

* My last week mentioning the top 100 Artists countdown which wrapped up over this past weekend. You can now see the full list.

* Janelle and Rae Sremmurd continue to tangle atop the chart as Guatemala reclaims the throne.

* Surprisingly, the two point hop for In My Feelings makes it the highest placing song for Drake this year. Nice For What stopped at #19, and Don't Matter To Me just made the gate at #20.

2003 and Queen Bey was killing it with her iconic debut. Her course was running to an end as she faced challenges from Jason Mraz and Pink. Oddly, Feel Good Time was Pink's first #1 after six previous appearances in the top ten, and it's hardly remembered today. I think it was even a flop back then.

Comment

I just checked over my charts and the longest a song has spent at #2 without going to #1 is 6 weeks. This has happened five times. As I suspected, most of these are in the 1998-2002 era. Here they are (with the week they first hit #2 in parenthesis).
                                        Huge "THANKS!" for taking the time to research and compile all that! Like basically every list that I've seen from you so far, it's a pretty eclectic group! Funnily enough, "You're Still The One" holds a similar distinction on the Hot 100 (spending nine weeks at No. 2 without ever hitting No. 1, when the all-time-record is 10 weeks). "Without Me" stalled at No. 2 there too, but I don't remember exactly how long. Any rate - so Sam was just one week shy of tying that record here!

• Wow - now I'm especially glad that Janelle managed to sneak in that week on top, since "Guatemala" is apparently STILL a force to be reckoned with!
                                        • "Feel Good Time" was a funny case on official charts, since it became P!nk's biggest flop up to that point in the US (No. 60), but managed to go Top 5 in the UK.
                                        last.fm

Comment

I didn't know Feel Good Time was a it in the UK!

Guatemala and I Like That have been tangling for weeks - haha. They both fit summer so well for me.

Comment

• Chart Notes:

For the week ending 8/4:

* I Like That continues its yo-yo run, reclaiming the #1 spot for a second week while Guatemala falls out of the top five completely.

* Next week should be a competitive week as all songs in the top five move up!

* Martin Garrix nabs his 10th top ten with Ocean. It is also Khalid's second top ten appearance after being featured on Logic's 1-800 song last year.

It was a pretty rock heavy week this year in 2004, as only Alicia Keys managed to break through. Three rock songs in a row topped the chart for at least three weeks each, but it was Modest Mouse's dreamy Float On which held the crown in 2004.

Comment

Of course I'm still happy to see "I Like That" at #1, but I just checked out "Savage" and that one's really good. It sounds like a grower, too.

Yay at the rapid ascent for "God Is a Woman"! Hope #1 is in the cards for Ariana's finest single yet.

As for the retro chart, "Somebody Told Me" is far and away the Killers' best song. Classic anthem.
                                              Akini's Top 400 Songs of the Decade: [2-1!]

Comment

• Originally posted by JSparksFan
                                                Of course I'm still happy to see "I Like That" at #1, but I just checked out "Savage" and that one's really good. It sounds like a grower, too.

Yay at the rapid ascent for "God Is a Woman"! Hope #1 is in the cards for Ariana's finest single yet.

As for the retro chart, "Somebody Told Me" is far and away the Killers' best song. Classic anthem.
                                                Hi JSparks:

I missed your comment since I was on vacation the last week.

I was introduced to Somebody Told Me by a friend named Vicki. I told her oh that is such a Vicki song, and dismissed it, and then found myself playing it all the time.

So glad to hear you checked out Savage! It was a grower for me as well. It took nearly three months to hit #2! Though (spoiler) the song moves down this week.

And as for Ariana, she does move up in the next chart...

Comment

• Chart Notes:

For the week ending 8/11:

* Knocking off Janelle's 6th #1 is Ariana's 6th #1! God is a Woman hits number one, giving Ariana, like Janelle, three albums in a row with at least one #1 on the chart.

* An error in my image - Say Something by Sam Callahan is the song that falls off. He posts a lot of thirst traps on Instagram and that's why I gave the song a listen in the first place.

* Palo Santo as the title song from Years and Years' new album becomes their 2nd top ten. Their debut album, yielded four top ten songs, and two #1s.

This week thirteen years ago saw Mimi's biggest hit fall from #1, and replaced with Get It Poppin'. But the real star of the chart was Audioslave, who ended up having the #3 song of the year with Doesn't Remind Me. It was the biggest success for the late Chris Cornell on my chart. Meanwhile, Green Day's song debuted in the top five in August and managed to stay in the top ten until well after September ended, ending it's run when October ended instead.

Comment

• • Looks like Ari's prayers have been answered! What were her five prior chart-toppers here? I was wondering what blocked "No Tears...", but I should've figured it was the song that spent 13 weeks at No. 1 this year!
                                                    • I hadn't heard of Sam before, but your comments inspired me to check out his Instagram...
                                                    • I know "King" and "Shine" made it to No. 1 here, so which of the following Communion offerings missed out on the Top 10: "Desire," "Eyes Shut," or "Worship"?
                                                    • Really pleased to see "Americans" enter! It's another of my favorites from Dirty Computer, and definitely one of the most instant tracks when I first played through the album.
                                                    • So much high school nostalgia in that 2005 chart! "Pon De Replay," "Wake Me Up...", and ESPECIALLY "We Belong Together" were all over the radio that year.

Yet another divine chart, cheapthrills!
                                                    last.fm

Comment

A divine chart - I see what you did there

LOL, am I not right about Sam Callahan? I think he was a contestant on X Factor or something there.

Ari's previous chart toppers: Problem, Bang Bang, Santa Tell Me, Dangerous Woman, and Into You She also has four #2s! I think she is in the running for most top 2 songs now! Adele or Eminem might have her beat. I'll have to check. Y&Y's single to miss the top 10 was Worship. Eyes Shut just managed to squeak in there.

The Janelle train just keeps going

2005 was a great year for music -one of my favorites

Comment

• Chart Notes:

For the week ending 8/18:

* The biggest Jump goes to Years and Years who now have six top fives under their belt.

* Have been returning to the Dirty Computer and so we see a week in which two tracks move up while I Like That maintains a place in the top ten.

* Haven't been able to find a video, not even a lyric one for The One, a nice slice of retro R&B from singer Porcelan. It came up on a New Music Friday in Spotify and it was instant with me. I am puzzled why it's so hard to find.

Probably one of the most forgettable #1s, Smiley Faces by Gnarls Barkley ensured they weren't a one hit wonder (they actually had four top tens). They likely got to #1 purely on the afterglow of Crazy, which remains an all-time classic for me. Crazy had spent eight weeks at the top. We also had one of the trademark ridiculously long titles from Fall Out Boy - in fact, it's the longest titled song to ever hit my chart. Somehow, Smile did not go to #1. SexyBack, however did and would be #1 the following week.

Comment

• As I begin to collect this week's new top fives for tonight's new UKmixParade, I see that the image in the post above doesn't display your new chart as described in the commentary, but repeats last week's instead !

Counting down this week - the UKMixParade Top 200 of 2019

Comment

• Originally posted by CZB
                                                            As I begin to collect this week's new top fives for tonight's new UKmixParade, I see that the image in the post above doesn't display your new chart as described in the commentary, but repeats last week's instead !
                                                            Thanks for the heads up! I'll fix it tonight and part my top five in your thread for now.

Comment

Updated

Comment

Working...
                                                              X