No announcement yet.

My Top 100 Eurovision songs + Top 65 songs from 2010s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

# 43. Anna Bergendahl - This Is My Life (Sweden - 2010)

Back to back with Lena we have the most underrated song from Eurovision 2010. It was very rare time, when Sweden sent something wonderful. Unfortunately we didn't see her revenge with "Ashes To Ashes" in this year.

Interesting fact : I also completed Melodifestivalen yearly rankings for last two decades and some acts already won 2 times (Hanna Hedlund, Lina Hedlund, Anna Bergendahl, Sanna Nielsen, Pernilla Andersson).
    Last edited by LastDreamer; Sat August 31, 2019, 18:18.
    My celebrity crushes : Monika Sedziuviene, Kristina Ivanova (YVA).
    In my head I like to imagine LastDreamer in the land of Lithuania right now with a suitcase of simcards, a box of chocolates and a wedding ring. It would be a great base for an epic Eurovision fan fiction.

Comment

# 42. Sandra Oxenryd - Through My Window (Estonia - 2006)

It's my second favourite Estonian entry and the second place from 2006 too.

Interesting fact : In 2008 year Sandra competed for the chance to represent Poland in Eurovision with the song "Superhero", but got only 8th place.
      Last edited by LastDreamer; Thu October 17, 2019, 10:33.
      In my head I like to imagine LastDreamer in the land of Lithuania right now with a suitcase of simcards, a box of chocolates and a wedding ring. It would be a great base for an epic Eurovision fan fiction.

Comment

I kinda like both, Sandra's one is closer to the traditional schlager formula.
        Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

# 41. Patricia Bredin - All (United Kingdom - 1957)

British debut entry "All" sounds very vintage, more like 20s-30s traditional pop than late 50s songs. For a long time (almost 60 years) it was the shortest performance in the history of the contest.

Interesting fact : "All" became only one British Eurovision entry, which wasn't released as single for unknown (at least for me) reason.
          Last edited by LastDreamer; Thu October 17, 2019, 10:49.

Comment

# 40. Geraldine - Toi (Luxembourg - 1975)

"Toi" was performed in French by Irish singer Geraldine Brannigan.

The song is a ballad, she telling her lover that "my life doesn't exist without you" and pledging her unending love to him. Geraldine recorded the song in two languages; French and her mother tongue English, the latter as "You".

Interesting fact : Geraldine is a mother of six children.

Comment

# 1s from not submitted years :
              1960 : Jacqueline Boyer - Tom Pillibi (France)
              1961 : Greetje Kauffeld - Wat Een Dag (Netherlands)
              1962 : Conny Froboess - Zwei Kleine Italiener (Germany)
              1964 : Rachel - Le Chant De Mallory (France)
              1969 : Lulu - Boom Bang-a-Bang (United Kingdom)
              1988 : Karoline Kruger - For Var Jord (Norway)
              1993 : Inga - Pa Veistu Svarid (Iceland)
              1995 : Stone and Stone - Verliebt in Dich (Germany)
              1998 : Melanie Cohl - Dis Oui (Belgium)
              2000 : Jane Bogaert - La Vita Cos'e (Switzerland)
              2003 : Esther Hart - One More Night (Netherlands)
              2004 : Julia Savicheva - Believe Me (Russia)
              2018 : Humans - Goodbye (Romania)
              2019 : Kate Miller-Heidke - Zero Gravity (Australia) *

* - "Zero Gravity" should be in top 100, but this list was compiled before Eurovision 2019.
              Last edited by LastDreamer; Fri October 18, 2019, 09:22.

Comment

probably in my top 3 of the 1998 edition as well

Comment

# 39. Valentina Monetta - The Social Network Song (San Marino - 2012)

“The Social Network Song” is iconic Eurovision anthem of Internet generation.

My top 4 songs of 2012 were performed in one semifinal and didn’t reach the final. It’s still the worst result for my favourites in all long Eurovision history.

Interesting fact : "The Social Network Song" was 20th Eurovision entrant produced by legendary Ralph Siegel.

Comment

# 38. Gry Johansen - Kloden Drejer (Denmark - 1983)

"Kloden Drejer" got deserved silver medal in my ranking of 1983, also it's the highest Danish entry in this list.

Interesting fact : “Kloder Drejer” was a big hit in her home country and spent 4 weeks on the top of Danish Singles chart.

Comment

• # 37. Susanne Georgi - La Teva Decisio (Get A Life) (Andorra - 2009)

Susanne Georgi started her career along with her sister Pernille in Me & My, the group had a couple of hits around Europe.

In 2007 year Me & My finally got to take part in Dansk Melodi Grand Prix (national selection for Eurovision Song Contest) with "Two Are Stronger Than One". Even though they were the bookmakers' favourites to win, but finished only on 6th place.

Interesting fact : After Susanne's win Andorra became the fourth country with two consecutive wins, after Germany, Ireland and United Kingdom

Comment

• # 36. Jetty Paerl - De Vogels Van Holland (Netherlands - 1956)

Jetty's "De Vogels Van Holland" is my # 1 from the first contest and it's the second highest 50s song in this ranking.

Interesting fact : The song is particularly significant for being the first song performed in Eurovision Song Contest history.

Comment

• Originally posted by heppolo View Post
                          probably in my top 3 of the 1998 edition as well
                          My top 3 of 1998 : Belgium, Croatia, Sweden.

Comment

• Only 27 countries are represented in my top 100, but competition was very strong, so I like to post some my favourites from other nations.

Belarus
                            3+2 - Butterflies (2010 - 4th place)

Last edited by LastDreamer; Tue October 22, 2019, 07:16.

Comment

• Belarus 3+2 - Butterflies
                              (but why the Eneda Tarifa video is attached?)

Comment

• Originally posted by LastDreamer View Post
                                My top 3 of 1998 : Belgium, Croatia, Sweden.
                                Great picks. Since I am not opposed to male vocalists, I have also enjoyed Cyprus & Norway a lot, plus that legendary Guildo joke.
                                Last edited by heppolo; Tue October 22, 2019, 07:18.

Comment

• Just a mistake, it's fixed now.

Bosnia and Herzegovina
                                  Feminnem - Call Me (2005 - 5th place)

Bulgaria
                                  Deepzone and Balthazar - DJ, Take Me Away (2008 - 4th place)

Comment

• Croatia
                                    Daria Kinzer - Celebrate (2011 - 2nd place)

Hungary
                                    Kati Wolf - What About My Dreams ? (2011 - 4th place)

Comment

• Surprising how the schlager-ish Kati Wolf's song was such a fan favourite back then.

Comment

Jetty's "De Vogels Van Holland" is my # 1 from the first contest and it's the second highest 50s song in this ranking.
                                        Actually a decent song, I am a huge fan, but can still listen to it.

Comment

• Malta
                                          Lynn Chircop - To Dream Again (2003 - 4th place)

Moldova
                                          Lidia Isac - Falling Stars (2016 - 2nd place)

Comment

• Portugal
                                            Suzy - Quero Ser Tua (2014 - 3rd place)

Serbia
                                            Moje 3 - Ljubav Je Svuda (2013 - 4th place)

Comment

• Originally posted by heppolo View Post
                                              Surprising how the schlager-ish Kati Wolf's song was such a fan favourite back then.
                                              The studio version was a perfect mix of Celine Dion and well-received pop schlager.
                                              I can even remember my mother saying that Hungary has chances to win Personally, I still think that Eurovision was on its way to become more modern, contemporary and younger back in 2011. However, one still has a glimpse of old Eurovision (Hungary, Israel, Croatia, Spain).
                                              Mainshow Goes Diva: Kylie Minogue

Comment

• I love it how LastDreamer basically picks my least favourite entries from each country to present them as her favourite ones of modern times I love it how we both listen to the same music but like completely different stuff
                                                Mainshow Goes Diva: Kylie Minogue

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainshow View Post
                                                  I love it how LastDreamer basically picks my least favourite entries from each country to present them as her favourite ones of modern times I love it how we both listen to the same music but like completely different stuff
                                                  sometimes there are true guilty pleasures like Suzy.
                                                  I wasn't opposed to "Ljubav je svuda", it was kinda alright.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainshow View Post
                                                    I love it how LastDreamer basically picks my least favourite entries from each country to present them as her favourite ones of modern times I love it how we both listen to the same music but like completely different stuff
                                                    I'm not a female
                                                    Almost all Eurovision fans dislike my modern favourites, so I'm not surprised.

I don't like current ESC trends, so for me watching Eurovision now is more like tradition and good reason for blaming contest's fans for their mostly awful music taste.
                                                    Last edited by LastDreamer; Wed October 23, 2019, 16:36.

Comment

I'm not a female
                                                      Almost all Eurovision fans dislike my modern favourites, so I'm not surprised.

I don't like current ESC trends, so for me watching Eurovision now is more like tradition and good reason for blaming contest's fans for their mostly awful music taste.
                                                      Eurovision slowly moves on from the schlager cliche (yet there are still some fans). At the end of the day, the contest (incl. the national finals) is responsible for hundreds of songs, so there's the reason why some choose to follow the general music trends rather than go by Eurovision standards.
                                                      Which brings me to a point that I miss proper joke entries the most.

Comment

• # 34. Clodagh Rodgers - Jack In The Box (United Kingdom - 1971)

# 35. Alice and Ellen Kessler - Heute Abend Wollen Wir Tanzen Geh'n (Germany - 1959)

Last edited by LastDreamer; Mon October 28, 2019, 08:45.

Comment

• # 32. Tina Reynolds - Cross Your Heart (Ireland - 1974)

# 33. Brotherhood Of Man - Save Your Kisses For Me (United Kingdom - 1976)

Comment

• # 30. Bucks Fizz - Making Your Mind Up (United Kingdom - 1981)

# 31. Sheeba - Horoscopes (Ireland - 1981)

Comment

• # 28. Prima Donna - Love Enough For Two (United Kingdom - 1980)

# 29. Maggie MacNeal - Amsterdam (Netherlands - 1980)

Comment

Working...
                                                              X