Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Colbie's Discoveries

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Colbie's Discoveries



    Welcome to my new personal countdown! Since the first half of 2019 has past, i decided to make a personal top 20 of the songs i have discovered in these past six months. So i took a look in my 2019 playlist, and made a top 20 out of them.

    I hope you guys will enjoy this, and maybe even discover some new songs yourselves!

  • #2
    Edit double post
    Last edited by Colbie; Sat July 6th, 2019, 14:41.

    Comment


    • #3
      20. High Valley - Single man

      fallout fun facts

      A nice country song to start the countdown with! High Valley actualy suddenly followed me on twitter a few years ago, so i checked them out. Ever since them i kept an eye on them, which i how i found this one!



      19. Dreamcatcher - Piri



      Dreamcatcher is not a typical kpop group, their style is a bit more different. I like their rock influenced concept, and this song bangs!

      Comment


      • #4
        18. Joci Papai - Az En Apam



        Sadly it didn’t make the final at this years Eurovision, but it was actualy one of my favorites! Joci has such an emotional voice that draws you in, not many artists can do this!



        17. Hunter Hayes -Heartbreak




        Another country song! The story Hunter tells here is realy nice, i love the positive way he looks at heartbreak and love here!

        Comment


        • #5
          Hunter Hayes' Heartbreak sounds wonderful

          Comment


          • #6
            Oh what a lovely idea for a thread!

            I love "Single Man". Thanks for introducing it to me.

            Hungary's entry wasn't that strong this year (imo) but Joci had a stunning performance. I thought that he would qualify easily. It was shocking to see Hungary not making the final.
            Mainshow Goes Diva: Kylie Minogue

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
              Hunter Hayes' Heartbreak sounds wonderful
              Ikr, such a great song! Glad you're liking it!

              Originally posted by Mainshow View Post
              Oh what a lovely idea for a thread!

              I love "Single Man". Thanks for introducing it to me.

              Hungary's entry wasn't that strong this year (imo) but Joci had a stunning performance. I thought that he would qualify easily. It was shocking to see Hungary not making the final.
              Glad you're enjoying Single Man! And i thought Joci would qualify too.... Although i must admit i prefer his previous entry Origo

              Comment


              • #8
                I was also sad that Joci missed the final, one of my top 10 songs this year
                Waffles are checked cookies

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by heppolo View Post
                  I was also sad that Joci missed the final, one of my top 10 songs this year
                  Deff in mine too! Thanks for stopping by!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Edit double post

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      16. Katy Perry - Never Realy Over



                      Such a good track by Katy! I love the fast paced part in the chorus! I liked it better then her previous singles like Bon Appetit.




                      15. Tesky Brothers - Pain And Misery



                      Fun fact is that i found this in a newspaper! They were reviewing their album, so i went to take a listen. I realy like this song, with the trumpets! Also the voice of the singer is realy good!


                      Last edited by Colbie; Fri July 12th, 2019, 13:37.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        14. Gaho & Villain – Then



                        Villain is such an amazing artist, he can both sing and rap! I love his verse here. Gaho sounds realy good too, i played this song alot!



                        13. Chung Ha – Gotta Go



                        She used to be a part of a group, and now has a succesful solo carreer! This is her second solo single, and i like it alot, also the story the song tells!


                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Teskey Brothers is something I do know. They do have that bluesy charm mixed with a very charismatic vocal, enjoyable and (to a certain degree) relaxing music.
                          Waffles are checked cookies

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Cute message on Hunter Hayes's "Heartbreak" indeed. Decent song.
                            Akini's Top 400 Songs of the Decade: [100-96]

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by heppolo View Post
                              Teskey Brothers is something I do know. They do have that bluesy charm mixed with a very charismatic vocal, enjoyable and (to a certain degree) relaxing music.
                              Glad you like them, charismatic vocal indeed, i love it, i have a weak spot for recognizable (unusual) voices!

                              Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
                              Cute message on Hunter Hayes's "Heartbreak" indeed. Decent song.
                              I know right, a realy cute message! Thanks stopping by!

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                12. Mahmood –Soldi



                                Mahmood was my favorite this year, i’m so glad he came second! Also the lyrics of this are realy touching, and i admire him for that! One of my favorite artists discovered this year for sure!




                                11. Bruce Springsteen – Hello Sunshine



                                My family are big Springsteen fans, so ofcourse this is in my playlist! Bruce is a legend, i have so much respect for him for being in the industry for so long! Yet another good song by him!


                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  10. Ikon - I'm Ok



                                  Sadly the last single by Ikon as we knew it. Hanbin, the leader and one of the rappers, left the group. I always liked their comebacks, and i hope the group can survive without him, and he can still recover from being kicked out by the management.



                                  09. Avi Kaplan - Change On The Rise




                                  Avi used to be part of Pentatonix. He now releases his own music, and i found this song becouse it was in my youtube recomandations. I liked it on first listen, he has an amazing voice!

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    08. Hwasa - Twit



                                    Hwasa made her solo debut this year, eventhough she has been a part of Mamamoo for a few years already. I realy love Twit, and the lyrics are realy interesting, please take a look into it if you have time! Hwasa looks stunning as always in the video.



                                    07. Yola - Faraway Look



                                    Yola has such an amazing voice, and i love the transitions in the verses of this song! The lyrics are mysterious. Her whole album is actualy a good recomendation to listen!

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      "Faraway Look" isn't bad.
                                      Akini's Top 400 Songs of the Decade: [100-96]

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
                                        "Faraway Look" isn't bad.
                                        Glad you like it sweetie! ;-)

                                        Comment


                                        • #21
                                          6. Morgan Wallen - Whiskey Glasses



                                          I found this song on spotify, and i put it in my own playlist. It has gotten alot of streams since then! This country song may be typicial, but it has a nice twist.



                                          5. Danny Vera - Rollercoaster



                                          Danny Vera has an amazing voice! He’s known in the Netherlands by playing in one of the popular tv shows here, where he also played this beautiful song.

                                          Last edited by Colbie; Wed July 31st, 2019, 10:01.

                                          Comment


                                          • #22
                                            4. BTS - Dionysus



                                            This performance is epic! The first time i heard this song i immediately loved it,it reminded me of older BTS. Jin doing the high note is everything! Also the clever writing is something to be admired.



                                            3. Mamamoo - My Star



                                            Mamamoo is my favorite girgroup, and i realy loved their White Wind comeback! ‘My Star’ is my favorite from their mini-album, and i love the chorus, and high notes at the end!


                                            Comment


                                            • #23
                                              OoOh, quite a few unfamiliar songs (and artists) here, but it's great to see so much K-pop representation! Admittedly, I've been neglecting the genre a bit in 2019 but I've had a handful of major K-pop smashes on my chart in the past: GOT7's "딱 좋아 (Just Right)," VIXX's "다이너마이트 (Dynamite)," TWICE's "Knock Knock," Red Velvet's "러시안 룰렛 (Russian Roulette)," and more. There's so many groups - and they release new material so often - it's tough to keep up! Like you mentioned, the quality of their performances is often unreal. I might be off-base here, but on first listen, I'm getting some cool retro-soul/doo-wop vibes from Gaho's "Then."

                                              "Never Really Over" is the biggest highlight for me <3 I did enjoy some of Witness, but this is my favorite single from Katy in a while (and really shows that she doesn't need Dr. Luke to make incredibly infectious pop) The fast-paced part in particular is ridiculously catchy!
                                              last.fm

                                              Comment


                                              • #24
                                                They are showing some BTS content on my city's cinema. Not my cup of tea but it's listenable, for sure. Mamamoo sounds better, in my opinion, love the pulsating beat and the pre-chorus. Great productiion.
                                                Mainshow Goes Diva: Kylie Minogue

                                                Comment


                                                • #25
                                                  Originally posted by crystalphoenix View Post
                                                  OoOh, quite a few unfamiliar songs (and artists) here, but it's great to see so much K-pop representation! Admittedly, I've been neglecting the genre a bit in 2019 but I've had a handful of major K-pop smashes on my chart in the past: GOT7's "딱 좋아 (Just Right)," VIXX's "다이너마이트 (Dynamite)," TWICE's "Knock Knock," Red Velvet's "러시안 룰렛 (Russian Roulette)," and more. There's so many groups - and they release new material so often - it's tough to keep up! Like you mentioned, the quality of their performances is often unreal. I might be off-base here, but on first listen, I'm getting some cool retro-soul/doo-wop vibes from Gaho's "Then."

                                                  "Never Really Over" is the biggest highlight for me <3 I did enjoy some of Witness, but this is my favorite single from Katy in a while (and really shows that she doesn't need Dr. Luke to make incredibly infectious pop) The fast-paced part in particular is ridiculously catchy!
                                                  Thanks for stopping by! Yes, the kpop world moves quickly, theres always new comebacks and new groups debuting, i agree it's hard to keep up, but it's exciting as well as there is always something to look foreward too! "Then" gives me also doo-wop vibes!

                                                  I also agree that this is Katy's best release in a while, the fast paced chorus is the best!

                                                  Originally posted by Mainshow View Post
                                                  They are showing some BTS content on my city's cinema. Not my cup of tea but it's listenable, for sure. Mamamoo sounds better, in my opinion, love the pulsating beat and the pre-chorus. Great productiion.
                                                  Glad you're enjoying Mamamoo sweetie! I actualy came second place with their song Egotistic on the fsc here! I'd also reccomend Starry Night, the aestethics are beautiful! Regarding BTS it depends on which songs, since they have alot of variety in their discography!

                                                  Comment


                                                  • #26
                                                    2. Gone West - Gone West



                                                    Gone West is the name of the new band by Colbie Caillat, which she formed with her fiancé and 2 friends. Their title song explains the name of the band, and i love the harmonies! I strongly reccomend their ep Tides, and their new single What Could've Been!



                                                    1. Ateez - Say My Name



                                                    Ateez just debuted last year, and this was their first comeback in january, so it was one of the first songs in my 2019 playlist. I thought it was realy impressive for a rookie group, and love the aesthetics! They continued to give strong performances on music shows, and the comeback after that (Wave/Illusion) shows they are here to stay!

                                                    Last edited by Colbie; Mon August 5th, 2019, 18:58.

                                                    Comment


                                                    • #27
                                                      "Gone West" reminds me of The Corrs sound a bit
                                                      Waffles are checked cookies

                                                      Comment


                                                      • #28
                                                        • Ah, I had no idea that Colbie's formed a group (and damn, her fiancé is KYUTE) I haven't followed her career super-closely, but I did pick up Coco back in the day, and "What If" was her last big hit on my chart. "Gone West" is certainly some hand-clapping, toe-tapping, country-infused fun!

                                                        • This is the first I've heard of Ateez (though I guess that's not too surprising, since you mentioned they're relatively new), and "Say My Name" makes for a pretty strong introduction!
                                                        last.fm

                                                        Comment


                                                        • #29
                                                          Originally posted by heppolo View Post
                                                          "Gone West" reminds me of The Corrs sound a bit
                                                          i can also see the similarities! Thanks for stopping by!

                                                          Comment


                                                          • #30
                                                            Originally posted by crystalphoenix View Post
                                                            • Ah, I had no idea that Colbie's formed a group (and damn, her fiancé is KYUTE) I haven't followed her career super-closely, but I did pick up Coco back in the day, and "What If" was her last big hit on my chart. "Gone West" is certainly some hand-clapping, toe-tapping, country-infused fun!

                                                            • This is the first I've heard of Ateez (though I guess that's not too surprising, since you mentioned they're relatively new), and "Say My Name" makes for a pretty strong introduction!
                                                            Glad you've enjoyed those two songs sweetie! Ateez is realy impressing me, can't wait to see what the future holds for them!
                                                            Thanks for stopping by!

                                                            Comment

                                                            Working...
                                                            X