Albums Rate (ABBA - Arrival)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crystalphoenix View Post
    • Only one single made your Lover Top 5, while your One Of The Boys Top 5 is almost all singles! Poor under-appreciated "Thinking Of You" is the only one not to make the cut That album did have some fantastic, memorable singles (especially "Hot N Cold"), but there's still some gems hidden among the album tracks too (especially "Mannequin"). There was more of a pop/rock edge to a lot of her material this era (kind of like P!nk or Avril), but she pretty much left that sound/style behind starting with Teenage Dream.
    "One of the Boys" is fantastic album. Katy had so much potential and sadly she wasted her music career.

Possibly you will like Sunny - Carrie from Norwegian ESC pre-selection - 2009, which sounds like missed track from "One Of The Boys".

My celebrity crushes : Monika Sedziuviene, Kristina Ivanova (YVA).
    In my head I like to imagine LastDreamer in the land of Lithuania right now with a suitcase of simcards, a box of chocolates and a wedding ring. It would be a great base for an epic Eurovision fan fiction.

Comment

Christina Aguilera - Keeps Gettin' Better : A Decade of Hits (2008)

My rate : B (Good)

Top 5 songs :
      1. Keeps Gettin' Better
      2. Genie 2.0
      3. Hurt
      4. Candyman
      5. Nobody Wants To Be Lonely

Don't like : Dirrty, Beautiful, Fighter
      In my head I like to imagine LastDreamer in the land of Lithuania right now with a suitcase of simcards, a box of chocolates and a wedding ring. It would be a great base for an epic Eurovision fan fiction.

Comment

Cheeky Girls - Partytime (2003)

My rate : C (Average)

Top 5 songs :
        1. Have A Cheeky Christmas
        2. Follow My Star
        3. Take Your Shoes Off
        4. Get The Party On
        5. Cheeky Song (Touch My Bum)

Sadly Cheeky Girls' album have only some good tracks, mostly the singles and beautiful "Follow My Star" (only one non-dance song). "Get The Party On" is their version of 70s Middle of The Road hit "Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep".

Comment

Kylie Minogue - The Best (2012)

Top 5 songs :
          1. Tears On My Pillow
          2. I Should Be So Lucky
          3. Better The Devil You Know
          4. Confide In Me
          5. On A Night Like This

Don't like : All The Lovers, Can't Get You Out Of My Head, Celebration

Comment

Do you want see any albums with my negative rate here ?

Comment

ABBA - Ring Ring (1973)

My rate : S (Masterpiece)

Top 5 songs :
              1. I Am Just A Girl
              2. Disillusion
              3. Ring Ring
              4. Nina, Pretty Ballerina
              5. Me and Bobby and Bobby's Brother

# 1 singles : Ring Ring, Nina Pretty Ballerina

"Disillusion" is notable as the only song ABBA recorded to have a songwriting credit from Agnetha.
              Last edited by LastDreamer; Fri July 3, 2020, 14:50.

Comment

'Ring Ring' is my least favourite ABBA album. It's still not bad though, just not as strong as their other work.
                My favourite song is 'Another Town, Another Train', followed by the title track. 'Nina' and 'Love Isn't Easy' are also nice.
                My YouTube Channel - The best songs of the 80s, 90s and 2000s

Comment

Originally posted by Benny View Post
                  'Ring Ring' is my least favourite ABBA album. It's still not bad though, just not as strong as their other work.
                  "Ring Ring" is my favourite ABBA album, I really like the diversity of songs.
                  Least favourite - "ABBA".

Comment

Kym Marsh - Standing Tall (2003)

Top 5 songs :
                    1. Live Forever
                    2. Sentimental
                    3. Here Comes Haven
                    4. The Girl I Used To Be
                    5. Glow

Comment

Aqua - Greatest Hits (2009)

Top 5 songs :
                      1. My Oh My
                      2. Barbie Girl
                      3. Doctor Jones
                      4. Around The World
                      5. Back To The 80s

This album could be much better without "Aquarius" non-singles. "Cuba Libre" is awful.

Comment

Britney Spears - Circus (2008)

My rate : A (Wonderful)

Top 5 songs :
                        1. If You Seek Amy
                        2. Lace And Leather
                        3. Womanizer
                        4. Radar
                        5. Unusual You

"If You Seek Amy" was crowned as my favourite single from 2009 year.
                        Last edited by LastDreamer; Thu November 21, 2019, 15:30.

Comment

Madonna - Like A Virgin (1984)

Top 5 songs :
                          1. Material Girl
                          2. Like A Virgin
                          3. Dress You Up
                          4. Angel
                          5. Love Don't Live Here Anymore

Best Madonna album and true pure pop classic.
                          It's very rare time, when I totally agree with singles selection.

All 4 singles were # 1s in my retrospective chart :
                          - Like A Virgin (7 weeks at # 1) (Best single of 1984)
                          - Material Girl (7 weeks at # 1) (Best single of 1985)
                          - Angel (3 weeks at # 1)
                          - Dress You Up (5 weeks at # 1)
                          Last edited by LastDreamer; Tue November 26, 2019, 14:52.

Comment

Kim Wilde - The Singles Collection (1993)

Top 5 songs :
                            1. Love Is Holy
                            2. You Came
                            3. Love Blonde
                            4. Four Letter Word
                            5. Never Trust A Stranger

Don't like : Cambodia

Comment

Amy Macdonald - A Curious Thing (2010)

Top 5 songs :
                              1. Don't Tell Me That It's Over
                              2. This Pretty Face
                              3. Love Love
                              4. Your Time Will Come
                              5. Next Big Thing

Comment

Geri Halliwell - Scream If You Wanna Go Faster (2001)

Top 5 songs :
                                1. Circles Round The Moon
                                2. Calling
                                3. Strength Of A Woman
                                4. I Was Made That Way
                                5. Love Is The Only Light

I strongly dislike "It's Raining Men", that's why I didn't give the highest mark for this album.
                                Last edited by LastDreamer; Mon December 16, 2019, 14:55.

Comment

Lene Alexandra - Welcome To Sillycone Valley (2008)

Top 5 songs :
                                  1. Sexy Wonderland
                                  2. I'm Just A Tease
                                  3. Sillycone Valley
                                  4. Hot Boy Hot Girl
                                  5. Sexy, Naughty, Bitchy Me

Lene Alexandra unsuccessfully tried to represent Norway in Eurovision with "Sillycone Valley".

Comment

ABBA - Arrival (1976)

Top 5 songs :
                                    1. That's Me
                                    2. When I Kissed The Teacher
                                    3. Knowing Me, Knowing You
                                    4. Dancing Queen
                                    5. Money, Money, Money

The highest score was obvious, because I'm a huge fan of "That's Me" (my favourite ABBA song) and "When I Kissed The Teacher"

Comment

Working...
                                    X