Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

13 years of My Charts - the Artist Countdown (2007 - 2019)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 13 years of My Charts - the Artist Countdown (2007 - 2019)

13 years of My Charts - the Artist Countdown

Welcome to my first countdown ever - the Artist Countdown of My Charts

In celebration of the 13th anniversary of my own personal charts - simply called 'My Charts' - I'd like to present you the most successful artists that made it on my weekly charts. I always wanted to do some kind of a countdown and missed this opportunity when My Charts celebrated its 10th years anniversary, but with 13 being one of my lucky numbers I thought it's finally the right time to do it.

Why am I doing an artist countdown?
    Well, because doing a single or an album countdown based on My Charts wouldn't be as exciting as an artist countdown, because I'm working with certifications for my weekly chart and it would be easy to guess which songs or albums would rank high. Doing a countdown of my most favorite singles or albums based on personal liking would be too difficult for me, so going with an artist countdown based on My Charts made the most sense to me.

How does the countdown work?
    Every song and every album that made My Charts during the last 13 years gives points to every artist that is involved. A weekly #1 single gets 40 points, a #2 single 39 points ... and a #40 single gives one point. On the album charts, it's 20 points for the weekly #1, 19 points for #2 ... and one point for #20.

A song like "Only" by Nicki Minaj featuring Drake, Lil Wayne and Chris Brown gives points to all four artists.

Meanwhile, the points from a song like "In And Out Of Love" by Armin Van Buuren featuring Sharon Den Adel doesn't count for the discography of Within Temptation, where Sharon Den Adel is the lead singer.

What else can be expected from this?
    Overall, even though this countdown will be points-based, it still gives a picture of what was going on in my last 13 years when it comes to music - the biggest and my most favorite part of my life.

You can expect a lot of mainstream artists, Pop singers, former teen stars, Symphonic Metal bands and artists from similar genres, the biggest music contest of the world and a lot more.

In between the regular updates, I will be sharing some other interesting informations about My Charts as well, such as longest running number one hits, the most successful singles, most successful albums and more! Maybe - but only maybe - I'll be sharing some personal stuff as well

Important: This isn't planned as being as regular as my other things. There's no planned roster how or when I post updates - this will depend on my 'real life' schedule. But I definitely plan to keep this updated as regularly as possible!

So, that's it!
    The first position - #100 - is most likely to be revealed next week. There'll be some bubbling under positions every now and then as well, so don't worry - as usual with my YEC, i'm going to present ALL artists that got points, so EVERY artist that EVER made My Charts will be revealed.

If you enjoy this countdown, please check out my regular chart topic and my Year-End Charts 2019 as well:

>>> My Charts
    >>> My Year-End Charts 2019

reserved

Comment

Ah, I love such comprehensive countdowns!

I'm not sure who's gonna win this, but I'll take a shot in the dark and go with Lindsey. I'm certainly expecting big things of Ariana, Selena, and Within Temptation, too.
      Akini's Top 100 Artists of the Decade: [#1]

Comment

Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
        Ah, I love such comprehensive countdowns!

I'm not sure who's gonna win this, but I'll take a shot in the dark and go with Lindsey. I'm certainly expecting big things of Ariana, Selena, and Within Temptation, too.
        Thanks! I also love such countdowns, so I kinda had to do one by myself at some time and I thought this was the perfect opportunity to do so now

Ah, nice choice! It will take some time until we will find out, but the names you mentioned are definitely some of my most favorite artists. As for Lindsey, her debuting in 2013 and only having half of those 13 years of charts action may be a disadvantage for her. We'll see

Comment

Originally posted by Tansike View Post
          Thanks! I also love such countdowns, so I kinda had to do one by myself at some time and I thought this was the perfect opportunity to do so now

Ah, nice choice! It will take some time until we will find out, but the names you mentioned are definitely some of my most favorite artists. As for Lindsey, her debuting in 2013 and only having half of those 13 years of charts action may be a disadvantage for her. We'll see
          Wait, I just realised you never started this.

Comment

Yeah, too bad,eh?

Comment

I know...

Unfortunately, 2020 has been a messy year when it comes to my "real life". Even posting my own weekly chart has been a struggle most of the times. And as a perfectionist, I wanted to do a countdown like this in the best way possible, not just posting the countdown with position & artist name. I just had absolutely no time to care for this and it looks like I won't doing this anymore, and hopefully, I will be able to do something for the 15 years anniversary.

But thanks for remembering this <3

Comment

Originally posted by Tansike View Post
                I know...

Unfortunately, 2020 has been a messy year when it comes to my "real life". Even posting my own weekly chart has been a struggle most of the times. And as a perfectionist, I wanted to do a countdown like this in the best way possible, not just posting the countdown with position & artist name. I just had absolutely no time to care for this and it looks like I won't doing this anymore, and hopefully, I will be able to do something for the 15 years anniversary.

But thanks for remembering this <3
                Sorry to hear 2020's been a rough year for you. You're definitely not alone there and I certainly get not wanting to throw together a half-assed countdown just to say you did one. Hopefully, 2022 will be kinder to us all!

Comment

Working...
                X