No announcement yet.

Shane's Top 1000 Of The Last 8 Years [DONE!] :With Graphix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When members of Tony Toni Tone, A Tribe Called Quest and En Vogue teamed up to make Hip Hop supergroup, Lucy Pearl - the results were as expected, amazing. Their first (and only) album was one of the most critically aclaimed album of 2000. Here's the first of 3 tracks from the album on my chart. Hollywood was a bit more rock than some of the other tracks, you could tell from Dawn Robinsons solo album that it was a direction she was happy with, especially when compared to her material with En Vogue.

Code:
    03 - Hollywood [#900]
    02 -
    01 -

The debut single from TQ, Westside was a world wide smash and especially launched a massive career for him across Europe. I loved Westside because it was a great mix of rap and song. This track has been on my mp3 player for months and months and I'm still not bored of it even though it seems to come round faster than most tracks on it. Though there's another track of his still to come.

Code:
    02 - Westside [#899]
    01 -

So Geri and Victoria have one song on the chart, Emma has 3 but the 2 Melanie's lead the way with 4 each, this being the first from Scary Spice, Melanie Brown. Featuring Missy Elliott this gave them both a first solo Spice #1 in 1998, though wasn't one of her 3 chart toppers in my own personal chart.

Code:
    04 - I Wan't You Back (ft.Missy Elliott) [#898]
    03 -
    02 -
    01 -

Joss Stone's career may have been relatively short so far, but she's still clocked up 6 tracks in my alltime top 1000 with this being the first. A Beach Boys cover, this was taken from the special edition re-release of her massive album, Mind, Body & Soul. The song was also done very nicely by Mandy Moore, unfortunately her version falls short of this list.

Code:
    06 - God Only Knows [#897]
    05 -
    04 -
    03 -
    02 -
    01 -

The 4th American Idol winner has done surprisingly well in my personal chart for a Country singer. This is the first of 3 tracks in my chart from Carrie Underwood. The track which launched her into the Billboard charts was this. It's very much the typical American Idol winner debut release, A Moment Like This/Flying Without Wings/I Believe, but her beautiful voice carried (haha) the song very well!

Code:
    03 - Inside Your Heaven [#896]
    02 -
    01 -

Time for a dance anthem then. A single which I bought first time around was totally converted into something alright to something excellent. A great pumping bassline, a catchy chorus and funky rap verses made this shoot straight into the top of my personal chart.

Confession Alert! I like Javine This is the first of six songs on my top 1000 from her. A Jade cover, this was her final single from her "Surrender" album. Which to be fair was a rather weak CD despite some excellent singles from it, this being one of them.

Code:
    06 - Don't Walk Away [#894]
    05 -
    04 -
    03 -
    02 -
    01 -

Following Joss and Javine here's yet another act with a first of 6 appearances. Girlgroup, Mis-Teeq were doing so well in the UK with an unbroken run of top 10 hits, until they bombed with Style. This song was originally recorded by US group, Blaque (Ivory) which also made the top 5 on my personal chart, though not my alltime top 1,000. I think Mis-Teeq have much more energy generally, though Blaque do have a few songs to come too.

Code:
    06 - Can't Get It Back [#893]
    05 -
    04 -
    03 -
    02 -
    01 -

A second from UK Garage act, Lovestation then. Well this was probably their most Garage offering anyway. The song which was re-released every 5 minutes got a re-working from Joey Negro at the turn of the Millennium sounding rather different to the 1998 version which was far more disco inspired.

Code:
    04 - Sensuality [#979]
    03 - Teardrops '2000 [#892]
    02 -
    01 -

The second song from TLC on my chart comes from their amazing 3rd studio album, Fanmail. This gorgeous mid-tempo ballad worked great with T-Boz's sexy, smokey voice and Chilli's great range. It was a great end to a wonderful album.

Code:
    07 - I Bet [#988] 
    06 - Don't Pull Out On Me Yet [#891]
    05 -
    04 -
    03 -
    02 -
    01 -

These were a one hit wonder (well sort of) in 1999. A track that came out of nowhere and went nowhere either, but I liked it! It was an R&B take on a classic by Crowded House. Am I the only one who remembers it though?

Not only is this the first of 3 songs on the chart by girl band, Precious, but it's the first of 3 songs that were UK Eurovision entries. I remember catching the end of this song on Top Of The Pops and thinking What Was That?! I loved it..then I found out it was a hopeful for Eurovision, so of course I was excited when it was selected as out entry. Unfortunately there was definitely nerves on the night and they did crap, but they did release a few more singles...

Code:
    03 - Say It Again [#889]
    02 -
    01 -

Another surprising choice from Catatonia? This gorgeous song was a single from their breakthrough album, International Velvet, and was one of the first singles I ever bought. I still love Cerys Matthews, I think she has one of the most amazing voices I've ever heard. There's only one Catatonia song left then!

Code:
    04 - Game On [#956]
    03 - Dead From The Waist Down [#950]
    02 - Strange Glue [#888]
    01 -

Despite having 3 #1s in my personal chart, this is a lone entry for Chilean, Deetah. Relax took a sample of Dire Straits "Why Worry?" and was a surprise hit in 1998. I loved Deetah's rap style and this came out while I was on holiday and sounded great in the sun. She'd previously featured on a hit for 2 Pac and Notorious BIG, slightly more credible than her later guest appearance on a Richard Blackwood single.

And for the other Melanie, Chilsolm, aka Sporty Spice, this is her first of 4 songs listed in my top 1000. Mel was always my favourite Spice Girl, but her solo stuff was always a little hit and miss for me. The lead single from her latest album "Beautiful Intensions" was great though and showed everything I loved in her as a Spice. A great strong rock voice with lots of energy and personality.

Code:
    04 - Next Best Superstar [#886]
    03 -
    02 -
    01 -

The first of 2 tracks from DMX. I loved this, it was the third single from his Grand Champ album and despite "X Gon' Give It To Me" being his big one, I thought this was far and away the best single from the album. It had energy and a great beat.

Code:
    02 - Get It On The Floor [#885]
    01 -

Straight away here's the second song from Precious. This one was from the Summer of 2000 and again I really liked it. It was sliightly more laid back than their previous singles, but I loved the whispery vocals, I guess at this point I was still a victim for the odd girly pop dirge

Code:
    03 - Say It Again [#889]
    02 - It's Gonna Be My Way [#884]
    01 -

Here's a forgotton gem of a song then. Most are probably unaware Babybird released anything other than, Your Gorgeous. But this is actually the first of 2 songs from them on this list, obviously Your Gorgeous is too early to be one, and the other is not "The F Word" - the theme tune to the Gordon Ramsey show either. This was a beautiful ballad which would sound wonderful by Embrace, Snow Patrol or The Feeling, I'm sure.

Code:
    02 - Back Together [#883]
    01 -

OK this song was released in 1997, but it made my chart the following year as I used to borrow my Mums "White On Blonde" album and sing along to all the singles This is the first of 3 songs from Sharlene Spitari and her band, each comes from a different album.

Code:
    03 - Halo [#882]
    02 -
    01 -

Finally we reach the first of 7 songs on the chart from Janet Jackson. This sexy little number from her Velvet Rope album was the first to make my personal chart back in 1998, since then she's become one of the most frequent artists to appear in my top 40.

Code:
    07 - I Get Lonely [#881]
    06 -
    05 -
    04 -
    03 -
    02 -
    01 -
    1 Harry Styles|2 Pet Shop Boys|3 Ciara |4 Sigala|5 Raye|

Comment

Woo for Texas and Catatonia!

Hope Rewind is the highest Precious track
      Let's have a second referendum

Comment

I loved that Precious track too! And I liked Rewind even better as apparently did you!
        Yay for Lucy Pearl and that Janet Jackson track which is possibly my fave of hers!

Comment

Woo for Janet "I Get Lonely" is one of the stand out tracks on The Velvet Rope.

Comment

Great chart Shane. Woo for Janet, love that song. I used to really like the Precious euro entry too
            LFM

Comment

Un-Cut were one big hope for British Music in 2003. Although they never really took off they had a really hot debut album, with this gorgeous mid-tempo track being their best for me.

The only song on the list from her "Under Construction" album, was this ballad dedicated to Aaliyah & Left Eye. Neither of the 2 singles from the album (Work It/Gossip Folks) quite made it.

Code:
              15 - Lick Shots [#920]
              14 - Can You Hear Me? (ft.TLC) [#879]
              13 -
              12 -
              11 -
              10 -
              09 -
              08 -
              07 -
              06 -
              05 -
              04 -
              03 -
              02 -
              01 -

First of 3 from Ms Dynamite. This one went straight into the top of my chart, it's probably the song most will think of straight away when they think of her. Back then it was all good for her, the album was massive and this was a big Summer track in what was one of the hottest Summers I remember.

Code:
              03 - Dy-Na-Mi-Tee [#878]
              02 -
              01 -

It wasn't long ago we had our first track from DMX, but this is the biggest for him. It didn't make my top 10 first time around, but in 2001 when I heard it again on a Street Vibes album, it went straight to #2 in my personal chart. Easily his best.

Code:
              02 - Get It On The Floor [#885]
              01 - Party Up [#877]

R&B girlgroup, Truce have been quickly forgotton, though they never really had a huge fanbase, despite acheiveing a top 20 single in 1998. This one was due to come off a later album and got played quite a bit by Trevor Nelson back in 2000.

Code:
              02 - Hide & Seek [#876]
              01 -

Wish I and They missed out my top 1000, meaning this is the only song in the chart from Jem. This was one of those tracks that you loved or hated. I absolutely adored it. It was so cute and bouncy and I thought it was easily the best track on her debut album.

The first of FIVE songs from a little known artist called Peppercorn. I found her album, Free Love for 2 in a HMV sale, I remembered hearing something about her that I liked so bought it and WOW ...what an album!! It scored 6 #1s in a row on my personal chart, with a 7th later on. This was one of them, and a song that starts with the line "So here I stand stark b*****k naked" just demands your attention.

Code:
              05 - Bowing To Convention [#874]
              04 -
              03 -
              02 -
              01 -

This was set to be Moony's 3rd single, but I remember a lot of people getting very frustrated that it never saw the light of day. Myself included, this could've been a huge hit. It had all those lovely enchanted noises of "Dove" and DB Boulevard's "Point Of View" and would've been a perfect Summer smash.

Code:
              02 - Flying Away [#873]
              01 -

Here comes the first of 2 songs from Holly Valance and her only song ever to reach #1 on my personal chart. Loved this song, loved the freshness of the video and thought it was her best single by a mile.

Code:
              02 - Naughty Girl [#872]
              01 -

Shy FX had been a big name on the Drum & Bass underground scene for many years before he broke through to the mainstream with this track which went top 10 in the UK. It had the Shy FX sound stamped over it, but thanks to vocals from Di was an easily accessible dance offering. There was a better single though for me..

Code:
              02 - Shake Ur Body [#871]
              01 -

Comment

Ms. Dynamite stands out for me.
                DRINK. SMOKE. DANCE. VIBE A LITTLE BIT | My last.fm

Comment

Might get another 10 in tomorrow, been busy all night!

Comment

[#898] Melanie B ft.(featuring) Missy Elliott - I Want U Back
                    [#896] Carrie Underwood - Inside Your Heaven
                    [#895] Studio B - I See Girls 2005
                    [#893] Mis-Teeq - Can't Get It Back
                    [#889] Precious - Say It Again
                    [#881] Janet Jackson - I Get Lonely
                    [#875] Jem - Just A Ride
                    [#873] Moony - Flying Away
                    [#872] Holly Valance - Naughty Girl

Some great tunes especially Melania B(/)Missy Elliott, Carrie Underwood, Studio B, Mis-Teeq, Precious, Janet Jackson, Jem and Holly Valance - I'm ALMOST sure that I know Moony but not 100% - I like it if I do
                    These foolish games are tearing me apart

My CHART

Comment

The first of 3 tracks from Zero 7. This was lifted from their critically aclaimed album "Simple Things". Following the huge hit "Destiny" with Sophie and Sia, this second single featured just Sophie and was another beautiful piece of chill out.

Code:
                      03 - In The Waiting Line [#870]
                      02 -
                      01 -

And the first song from the Artful Dodger was their debut, Re-Rewind, which was semi-responsible for the UK Garage explosion at the turn of the century. It was also responsible for launching the career of one of the most talented and successful artists of the last 6 years, Craig David.

Code:
                      03 - Re-Rewind (ft.Craig David) [#869]
                      02 -
                      01 -

A great song now which kicked off Brandy's "Never Say Never" album. This track started off with a great intro which sounded like it could've been some 90s Balearic dance. However it soon turns into a mid-tempo Brandy classic.

Code:
                      13 - Necessary [#905]
                      12 - Angel In Disguise [#868]
                      11 -
                      10 -
                      09 -
                      08 -
                      07 -
                      06 -
                      05 -
                      04 -
                      03 -
                      02 -
                      01 -

The most recent single from the Big Brovaz is their comeback, Hanging Around which samples the Carptenters classic "Rainy Days & Mondays". Typically them, despite being down to just 4 members, but some may say that was their downfall as they hadn't really moved on with this single. I really liked it though, a nice subtle sample which was catchy and cute. Their first of 5 on this chart.

Code:
                      05 - Hanging Around [#867]
                      04 -
                      03 -
                      02 -
                      01 -

Here's an act I know Matthew is a big fan of, this is their only track in my top 1000 though. A great catchy (annoying to some) single from their 1998 album, Tin Planet, which also featured the classics, The Ballad Of Tom Jones and Avenging Angels. I used to play this song all the time and it used to really annoy my Mum

The most recent single from Joss Stone was a catchy little radio friendly song, for me it slightly lacked the excellence of some of her big ballads, but was a perfect Summer single for her.

Code:
                      05 - Dontcha Wanna Ride [#865]
                      04 -
                      03 -
                      02 -
                      01 -

The first of 3 songs from Liberty X and 2 from Richard X (would've been 3 if he'd have been credited for Freak Like Me). This bridged the gap between LX's first 2 albums. A great cover of a Chaka Khan classic, they put their own spin on it, despite it being covered numerous times, and was the lead single from top producer, Richards, artist album.

Code:
                      03 - Being Nobody (vs.Richard X)
                      02 -
                      01 -
                      Code:
                      02 - Being Nobody (vs.Liberty X)
                      01 -

A surprise single that did really well for the Wu Tang Clan back in 2000 is Gravel Pit. A track where a young lady asked you to check out her gravel pit (whether you wanted to or not!) I really liked it anyway.

The first of 4 tracks on the chart from Missy's album "Da Real World", though you'll have to wait a while to see any more from it. This was never a single, but a track I liked when I heard Trevor Nelson play it. Featuring Aaliyah and Da Brat, Stickin Chicken had everything you needed in a 90s RnB track. A cute female vocal on the hooks, jerky production, some "uh uh's" and most imporantly getting the often, odd, lingo right, i.e chicken.

Code:
                      15 - Lick Shots [#920]
                      14 - Can You Hear Me? (ft.TLC) [#879]
                      13 - Stickin Chicken (ft.Aaliyah & Da Brat) [#862]
                      12 -
                      11 -
                      10 -
                      09 -
                      08 -
                      07 -
                      06 -
                      05 -
                      04 -
                      03 -
                      02 -
                      01 -

The girl group that supported Girls Aloud, threatened to take them over in 2005, though this single was a complete flop. I really liked it though, but only because it does sound identical to a lot of Girls Aloud stuff.

Here's the only song on my chart from Abs. I believe this was due to be his 4th single from his album, Abstract Theory. I actually have the album and thought it was alright actually. Making RnB accessible for a younger, more mainstream audience (not that you need to any more). The sample from this track was also used on Lethal Bizzle's "Fire" last year.

I know most won't share my enthusiasm, but Fabolous is one of my favourite rappers. Kind of a Ma$e for the 21st Century, I loved his laid back style. Saying that this is his only track on my top 1000. The single featured Tamia, but the version featuring Ashanti is the one I prefer.

The music video to this used to make me cry ( ) or at least a little tearful as you could really see the emotion in her singing it, as it was out of context of the awful film Glitter, it was like she was singing her last song before she went up the mountains with the Von Trap family

Code:
                      13 - Cry Baby [#965]
                      12 - Never Too Far [#858]
                      11 -
                      10 -
                      09 -
                      08 -
                      07 -
                      06 -
                      05 -
                      04 -
                      03 - 
                      02 -
                      01 -

Here's the only song on the chart for Craig David that's not taken from his latest album, The Story Goes. His debut single in the UK was the catchy, quirky, 2 step sound of Fill Me In which came with an equally wonderful Garage remix, and later a remix with Usher.

Code:
                      04 - All The Way [#937]
                      03 - Fill Me In [#857]
                      02 -
                      01 -

Today I find the Corrs a little...hmmm..who cares kinda thing. But in the first year of my personal chart (1998), they were one of the most successful act thanks to their massive album, Talk On Corners. This track was remixed by Tin Tin Out, who were also having quite a year! I have to confess I have used this song as a break up song in the past

Code:
                      03 - So Young [#917]
                      02 - What Can I Do? [#856]
                      01 -

The song that was the one that grabbed me the most the first time I listened to "Three" was the oriental sound of "Million Different Ways", which dare I say has almost a Eurovision sound to it.. I loved that album, but is this the highest from it?

Code:
                      10 - Blue [#982]
                      09 - Switch [#933]
                      08 - Freak Like Me [#901]
                      07 - Million Different Ways [#855]
                      06 -
                      05 -
                      04 -
                      03 -
                      02 -
                      01 -

How weird does it look seeing the old DC line up now?? This was the first non-single from The Writings On The Wall to enter my personal chart. Definitely a stand out track, there was talks at one point of it being a double-a-side with "Independent Women". The intro was one of the best intro's ever IMO and set off a great standard for such a wonderful album.

Code:
                      15 - Survivor [#980]
                      14 - Through With Love [#909]
                      13 - So Good [#854]
                      12 -
                      11 -
                      10 -
                      09 -
                      08 -
                      07 -
                      06 -
                      05 -
                      04 -
                      03 -
                      02 -
                      01 -

The first of FOUR songs on this list for the sweet vocalled, Nivea. Loved her voice since she sang on the Mystikal track. Another song which always makes me tearful but one that you really have to be in that loved up mood to appreciate, I think.

Code:
                      04 - Complicated [#853]
                      03 -
                      02 -
                      01 -

A first of 2 tracks from Garage producer, MJ Cole. The third single in a row to feature the talented vocals of Elisabeth Troy, was the smallest of the 3 in the UK chart. But went straight into #1 on my own personal top 40. But which track is higher?

Code:
                      02 - Hold On To Me [#852]
                      01 -

I think I'm the only person on UK Mix who can be accused of bashing on about Sia at any given oppurtunity She has the most amazing voice, which I'm sure fans of Amy Winehouse would appreciate, especially her earlier work, but she doesn't seem to really have UK Mix fans. This was her second single from one of the kookiest album I've heard, this song is absolutely gorgeous and her vocals totally shine on it.

Code:
                      03 - Little Man [#851]
                      02 -
                      01 -

Comment

LOL...this made me laugh

The music video to this used to make me cry ( ) or at least a little tearful as you could really see the emotion in her singing it, as it was out of context of the awful film Glitter, it was like she was singing her last song before she went up the mountains with the Von Trap family
                        So woo for that Mariah song and Graig David

Comment

Big woo for Artful Dodger, Craig David, the Corrs and MJ Cole. The rest of the chart is too R'n'B for me!
                          Oh, and I've only heard Midnight from Un-Cut, so I imagine the one that charted here must be good as well.

Comment

[#869] Artful Dodger ft.Craig David - Re-Rewind
                            [#868] Brandy - Angel In Disguise
                            [#867] Big Brovaz - Hanging Around
                            [#865] Joss Stone - Don(')t()Cha Wanna Ride
                            [#864] Liberty X vs.Richard X - Being Nobody
                            [#863] Wu(-)Tang Clan - Gravel Pit
                            [#861] Cookie - Do It Again
                            [#859] Fabolous ft.Ashanti - Into You
                            [#858] Mariah Carey - Never Too Far
                            [#857] Craig David - Fill Me In
                            [#856] (The) Corrs - What Can I Do?
                            [#854] Destiny's Child - So Good
                            [#853] Nivea - Complicated

WELL THEN some great songs like (The Corrs), Craig David, Mariah Carey, Cookie, Liberty X vs.Richard X, Joss Stone, Big Brovaz, Brandy, Artful Dodger ft. Craig David, also I think I know Nivea and Destiny's Child since I have those albums but I can't guarantee and I recall if I know Fabolous ft.Ashanti and Wu(-) Tang Clan either - again can't guarantee ;)
                            These foolish games are tearing me apart

My CHART

Comment

One hit wonder from 1999, Supercar had a Euro-smash with "Tonite". A topic recently surfaced on UK Mix with mixed reactions to the song, I really liked it at the time, but kinda got bored of it now.

Originally released in 1999, this song just missed out on #1 on my chart. Then in the Summer of 2000 it became a UK #1 and hit my top 5 once more. The Australian act had another top 10 hit in my chart with "Who The Hell Are You", while lead singer, Cheyne also scored a top 10 hit with "Taste You", though neither make my top 1000.

Taking a sample from Paul McCartney's "Silly Love Songs", I thought this could've been a really big hit last year but for some reason Dance music was well and truly out.

When the film "Alfie" was re-made with Jude Law I was really excited to hear Joss Stone had been asked to record this Cilla Black classic. She did a fantastic job of it too.

Code:
                              05 - Dontcha Wanna Ride [#865]
                              04 - Alfie [#847]
                              03 -
                              02 -
                              01 -

Another great track that could've done much better than it did. They also hit my top 20 with follow up "Around You".

When I first saw the video to this song I started off like what the hell is this load of crap? But by the end of the video I had decided that I absolutely loved it. It hung around forever in my chart despite never actually reaching my top 10.

Code:
                              02 - Rhythm Bandits [#845]
                              01 -

This debut solo single from Hear'Say's Kym Marsh was a great pop song in my opinion. But she soon became cheap, naff and a bit of a joke.

Another track from her "One Wish" album, this had a small sample of Jacksons "Rock With You", but was mostly a ballad. A great 90s sound, though it didn't reach my chart til 2001 as I didn't buy the album til later on.

Code:
                              08 - We Can't Be Friends (with RL) [#974]
                              07 - Love Is On The Way [#843]
                              06 -
                              05 -
                              04 -
                              03 -
                              02 -
                              01 -

One hit wonder, Martay got massive airplay on Music channel, The Box back in 1999 with this ZZ Top sampling track. I loved it. Fast furious, fusing Rock and Hip Hop. She has had 2 other top 30 hits on my chart but none as big as this.

This was the first single from Janets crap latest album "Damita Jo". When this track came out I was still quite excited about the album because I really liked this song, although the whole album sounded just like it and it quickly grew very boring.

Code:
                              07 - I Get Lonely [#881]
                              06 - Just A Little While [#841]
                              05 -
                              04 -
                              03 -
                              02 -
                              01 -

The second track on my chart from Peppercorn. This was the final of 6 consecutive #1s from the amazing album "Free Love". It was almost a Christmas #1, but not quite and climbed to #1 on the chart after Christmas. This one was a much more mellow track from the album with gorgeous vocals and orchestral music.

Code:
                              05 - Bowing To Convention [#874]
                              04 - Karma [#840]
                              03 -
                              02 -
                              01 -

Finally we arrive at the first of 9 songs from Jenny-Lo. This track was one of a few of hers that claimed she's still a down to earth girl, just "Jenny From The Block". Yeah right we all thought. But this was still a pretty cool R&B number with help from the Swiz Beats.

Code:
                              09 - Jenny From The Block [#839]
                              08 -
                              07 -
                              06 -
                              05 -
                              04 -
                              03 -
                              02 -
                              01 -

This is the first of 3 songs from De La Soul. I actually really loved De La Soul throughout the Art Official Intellgence albums. Shout outs must go to some great songs, "Trying People" "Simply" "Babyphat" and "Much More" which didn't quite make my chart, but this was a great chilled out Hip Hop number.

Code:
                              03 - What We Do For Love [#838]
                              02 -
                              01 -

Here's a song that missed my top 40 alltogether when it first came out, but I started listening to it again about a year later and it went straight into #1. Pretty much one-hit wonders again, they had 2 other songs in my chart, with "Please Don't Mind" being the biggest reaching #17.

The first of 3 songs on the chart from Dru Hill's Sisqo. This was taken from his debut album "Unleash The Dragon". Oringally a terribly boring ballad, a remix from Stargate helped it go straight to #1 in my personal chart.

Code:
                              03 - Incomplete (Remix) [#836]
                              02 -
                              01 -

And the first of 3 songs from Will Smith. A quickly forgotton release from his "Willennium" album, some thought this one showed Will to be egotistical and vain, but I really enjoyed it.

Code:
                              03 - Freakin It' [#835]
                              02 -
                              01 -

Never had a #1 in my chart but Simon Webbe of Blue has had 4 #2's, though this is the only one that's done well enough to make this list. "No Worries" sold a lot of albums for him over Christmas and into 2006.

This wicked dance track only made #11 in my chart but it stuck inside my top 15 for ages. Yet another ace dance song from 2005 that flopped, I actually thought 2005 was one of the best years for dance ever, though it just didn't sell.

From the "Charmbracelet" album, this was a really strong track for me on what was quite an average album. This song would've sounded great on her latest album, but at least gave this particular album something to shine about.

Code:
                              13 - Cry Baby [#965]
                              12 - Never Too Far [#858]
                              11 - You Got Me (ft.Jay-Z & Freeway) [#832]
                              10 -
                              09 -
                              08 -
                              07 -
                              06 -
                              05 -
                              04 -
                              03 - 
                              02 -
                              01 -

And another from Deborah Cox, a track which was a cute ballad before Hex Hector turned it into one of a few wicked Deb/Hex gay floor filling anthems.

Code:
                              08 - We Can't Be Friends (with RL) [#974]
                              07 - Love Is On The Way [#843]
                              06 - Nobody's Supposed To Be Here (Remix) [#831]
                              05 -
                              04 -
                              03 -
                              02 -
                              01 -

Comment

Woo for Studio B, Madison Avenue and Commander Tom.

Comment

De La Soul representin'!
                                  Could their track with Chaka be higher??

I was a HUGE fan of Sisqo's remix to Incomplete at the time too! I'm so embarressed to say that!

Comment

Woo for Motorcyle, Janet, J-LO, Sisqo, Will Smith, and Deborah Cox

Comment

Starting this set off with a bit of rock. This song only just scraped my top 40 when it was first released but after hearing it on a few nights out last year, and pretty much ever since, it went back into my chart and reached #3. Certainly better than anything I've heard from Babyshambles.

Gorgeous track now from the head of Murder Inc, Irv Gotti. This track featured vocals from the 2 acts that were really doing it for the label in 2002, Ja Rule and Ashanti - but also found room to squeeze in the often left out, Charli Baltimore and Vita. I loved the production on this track and thought the song was so cute. Plus I love Charli B so it was great to hear her in the top 10.

There was a bit of a cabinet re-shuffle for Bad Boy Entertainment in 2003 and this track was released from the Bad Boy Soundtrack. This was kinda fresh for me at the time despite not sounding too different to a lot of Nelly stuff P Diddy made an obvious appearance and it also introduced us to Murphy Lee.

Code:
                                      04 - Hot In Herre [#992]
                                      03 - Shake Ya Tailfeather (ft.P Diddy & Murphy Lee) [#828]
                                      02 -
                                      01 -

Another track from my favourite Kel's album, TP-2.com, this one was..well, as I'm sure you can guess from the title, quite horny with the climax of "this is the best sex I've ever had", it was R just getting his sex on But was more a song about love making than just bonking!

Code:
                                      10 - Fiesta [#931]
                                      09 - The Greatest Sex [#827]
                                      08 -
                                      07 -
                                      06 -
                                      05 -
                                      04 -
                                      03 -
                                      02 -
                                      01 -

The first of just 2 tracks from LL on the chart is this old skool jam from his "G.O.A.T" (GREATEST OF ALL TIME) album. There was never a UK single from the album, but "Deepest Bluest" was close to a release. This was a track I heard first on Trevor Nelsons Rhthym Nation all those years ago!

Code:
                                      02 - Take It Off [#826]
                                      01 -

This was a track I used to see every single week on a Saturday morning when MTV used to do the European top 20. The "robot sex" video was quite entertaining, but I found the song pretty boring. Many months later the track finally reached the UK, the ace video was scrapped, but the song was slightly remixed and made #1. It also spent 3 charts at the top of my chart too!

I hated Chocolate Salty Balls. But for some reason I really liked this follow up. It's strange to think of a legen like Isaac Hayes recording material like this. This was due to be Chefs second UK single though was scrapped. It was all about orgy's and spent close to 20 charts inside my top 40!

The first of 2 songs on the chart from Irish girl group, B*witched. Now back in 1998 everyone loved B*witched, but I found them frightful. Then in 1999 when everyone started to go off them, I started to like them, especially their ballads. This was a real nice song with a gorgeous video and was their last #1 in the UK.

Code:
                                      02 - Blame It On The Weatherman [#823]
                                      01 -

The first of 4 songs on my chart from UK R&B boys, Damage. Just when everyone thought they were over, the boys made a return in 2000, when UK R&B and Garage was really taking over. This one only just scraped into my top 10, but hung around forever. It was almost a 2 step sound with whispery vocals.

Code:
                                      04 - Rumours [#822]
                                      03 -
                                      02 -
                                      01 -

And now the (ex?) girlfriend of Damage's Jade Jones. She has 3 songs on the chart and today is my favourite solo spice. It was a fun salsa song about getting her sex on with a boy and the whole family bursting in. Very odd, very interesting, very fun!

Code:
                                      03 - Crickets Sing For Anamaria [#821]
                                      02 -
                                      01 -

Despite "Why Don't We Fall In Love?" giving her a #1 in my chart, this is actually the only Amerie song to make my chart. Yes no "1 Thing". I absolutely loved the album this came from straight away, "All I Have" and used to play it fairly frequently on a night time when I was chilling out on the computer or doing college work. This was a particular highlight for me on the album, just a shame the follow up took a different direction, I found it over-produced and lost the simplicity of this kind of sound.

One of the HAPPIEST intro's to a song I think I know Absolutely loved this song, I guess it suffered on being too similar to their debut hit. Their album was scrapped which I thought was a real shame because I really liked their material. "8 Days A Week" had a great catchy chorus and fun production but missed the UK top 40.

Code:
                                      02 - 8 Days A Week [#819]
                                      01 -

Possibly the most well known and popular dance anthems of all time, Channel 4 once listed this at #9 on the alltime floor fillers chart. It introduced most to the vocals of the wonderful Sophie Ellis-Bextor, a totally different sound to what she was doing with her group, theaudience. First time I heard this I thought it must be the new Moloko single "Pure Pleasure Seeker", but as it turned out, it was miles and miles better.

Didn't really take much notice of Fiddy with his early material, then when he came out in 2003 with tracks like "PIMP" and "In Da Club", I decided I hated him. However with his later album "Massacre", I became a fan, with each single outdoing the previous one in my chart. "Disco Inferno" gave him a first top 10 hit, "Outta Control" his first top 5, all leading up to this - his only appearance in my top 1000.

So this is the second highest track from All Saints! What could #1 be? Well it's not "Never Ever", as that was just a little too early for my personal chart. This track was totally sexy and catchy. I remember it being #1 when I ran away from home once

Code:
                                      04 - Under The Bridge [#929]
                                      03 - All Hooked Up [#911]
                                      02 - Bootie Call [#816]
                                      01 -

First of 2 tracks from Lina. What an interesting and unique artist she is. Inspired by sounds of the 20s, she makes old fashioned sound fresh, weird eh? This was my favourite track from her second album "The Inner Beauty Movement".

Code:
                                      02 - It Could Be [#815]
                                      01 -

And the first of 2 for the Cardigans. The album "Super Extra Gravity" didn't even make the UK chart and this single was a total flop too. Such a shame because this was easily one of their best, a bit rockier than some of their best known material and to be fair it took a while to grow on me, but once I was there, I was really there!

Code:
                                      02 - I Need Some Fine Wine And You, You Need To Be Nicer [#814]
                                      01 -

Here's the only song on the chart from a wonderful new artist, KT Tunstall. I loved her album so much, but the songs didn't really set my chart alight, despite about half a dozen top 5 hits coming from it. This was her breakthrough track and was absolutely gorgeous! Hands down better than anything Dido has ever spat out.

There really is quite a few flop songs in my chart but never mind. This was an odd dance track that featured Tina Arena, usually churning out ballads. Absolutely loved it and it went straight to #1 on my chart. Some may remember me playing it a lot when I was on Ice Radio.

And completing this section. The first track from her wonderful "Full Moon" album, for Brandy. You all know it, it was a great solid effort, catchy, nice production, but nowhere near her best.

Code:
                                      13 - Necessary [#905]
                                      12 - Angel In Disguise [#868]
                                      11 - Full Moon [#811]
                                      10 -
                                      09 -
                                      08 -
                                      07 -
                                      06 -
                                      05 -
                                      04 -
                                      03 -
                                      02 -
                                      01 -

Comment

Afrodisiac her worst album!

Sholasssssss!!!!!!!!!!!

:x
                                        Check out my page, and the mad love from Brandy:

www.myspace.com/zuzushafi
                                        http://twitter.com/ZuZuBrandy

Comment

Originally posted by Zuzu18

Sholasssssss!!!!!!!!!!!

It is! However I've been thinking that about a lot of acts lately. I was wondering if it was that I used to listen to albums more thoroughly years ago, but these days, not nearly as much since I have so much music on my PC I hardly ever listen to full albums. Maybe it would've grown on me if I listened to it as much as her previous 2.

Comment

Originally posted by SholasBoy
                                            Originally posted by Zuzu18

Sholasssssss!!!!!!!!!!!

It is! However I've been thinking that about a lot of acts lately. I was wondering if it was that I used to listen to albums more thoroughly years ago, but these days, not nearly as much since I have so much music on my PC I hardly ever listen to full albums. Maybe it would've grown on me if I listened to it as much as her previous 2.
                                            Im heartbroken that u cud call that masterpiece her worst! It was great!

I agree tho...i dismiss albums quicly but nowadys i listen to em propa! N like em!
                                            Check out my page, and the mad love from Brandy:

www.myspace.com/zuzushafi
                                            http://twitter.com/ZuZuBrandy

Comment

Wow - didn't expect the Libertines in there - good call!

Also Wamdue Project, Chef, Spiller & KT Tunstall.

Interested to see what your number one All Saints tune is.
                                              Ste's Personal Chart 2020

Comment

It was actually a surprise to me when I realised Enrique has FOUR songs in my alltime top 1000. This was his breakthrough song in 1999 during the latin explosion. I really wanted his album back then, these days the thought of buying an Enrique albums gives me chills. They actually played this song at a rock club I go to on beach party night

Code:
                                                04 - Bailamos [#810]
                                                03 -
                                                02 -
                                                01 -

I remember this track getting so much airplay on The Box back in 1999. A rare released answer back track - this one of TLC's "No Scrubs" - which appears in 2 more seperate versions in the chart. They later did a track called "Independent N****z"

The second track from Hil St Soul is for a song which didn't do all that well in my chart to start with. But a year later I had decided I really loved Hil and this then went to #2 on my chart. Taken from her debut album "Soul Organic", though there's 2 tracks higher. Her voice is just SO unique and for those who know her, instantly recognisable.

Code:
                                                04 - I've Got Me [#947]
                                                03 - Nostalgia [#808]
                                                02 -
                                                01 -

As much as I liked their debut "Somebody To Love", it was their follow up, "Sunny" that gave Boogie Pimps a #1 in my personal chart. With it's rollerdisco video coming much earlier than Madonna's, this was a cover of a Boney M classic and gives them their only appearance on my chart.

This may be the highest appearance from wonder-producer Richard X, but there's still 4 songs to come from vocalist, Javine. This was due to be the final release from his album "Richard X presents his X Factor", but for some reason it never materialised. I believe this took a heavy sample from Thelma Houston's 80's flop "You used to hold me so tight."

Code:
                                                06 - Don't Walk Away [#894]
                                                05 - You Used To (vs.Richard X) [#806]
                                                04 -
                                                03 -
                                                02 -
                                                01 -
                                                Code:
                                                02 - Being Nobody (vs.Liberty X) [#864]
                                                01 - You Used To (vs.Javine) [#806]

This one was actually a b-side to Big Brovaz hit "Baby Boy" and I actually preferred it to the A-Side, despite it never actually making my top 10. It had a bit of a Calypso influence.

Code:
                                                05 - Hanging Around [#867]
                                                04 - Anything [#805]
                                                03 -
                                                02 -
                                                01 -

Here's one that I'm going to struggle finding pictures for, especially since it's her first of FIVE songs on the chart. A very underrated album which I feel priviliged to have. "Respect" is absolutely beautiful, Jerzee has a voice that just melts me, makes me smile, can always make me happy.

Code:
                                                05 - Respect [#804]
                                                04 -
                                                03 -
                                                02 -
                                                01 -

An early solo effort from Beyonce gave her a first solo #1 in my personal chart, reaching 19 places higher than the 50 Cent original. Certainly wasn't right for a single release but was a bloody good version of the song (much better than Mary J's anyway!)

Code:
                                                03 - In Da Club [#803]
                                                02 -
                                                01 -

Maybe someone that people wouldn't automatically think I'd be a fan of, but I absolutely loved Nick Carters solo work and am not too proud to admit I have the album. Although the only single from it, "Help Me", reached #1 on my chart, it didn't hang around long enough to make my alltime top 1000. This was a bonus track from him which made my top 5 and stuck around forever!

Code:
                                                02 - Payback [#802]
                                                01 -

And just before we get into the top 800, we come to our first song from the incredibe Mary J Blige. This reached #2 in my chart from her "No More Drama" album and was very uplifting, you could really tell in parts of the album that Mary just wanted to have a good time and this track was certainly showing that.

Code:
                                                09 - Dance For Me (ft.Common) [#801]
                                                08 -
                                                07 -
                                                06 -
                                                05 -
                                                04 -
                                                03 -
                                                02 -
                                                01 -

Comment

Ooh, I thought your highest Richard X track would be the one with Kelis!
                                                  Yay for Sporty Thievz! I loved that track!

Comment

I liked Nick Carter's I Got You.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X