Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Akini's Daily Top 20: #1 Cross-legged in the dim light...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday's Top 20 (October 29th)

01.(RE) Beyoncé - Bigger (Best Comeback)
    02.(10) Rihanna - Kiss It Better (Greatest Gainer)
    03.(RE) Rihanna - Jump
    04.(RE) Rihanna - Pour It Up
    05.(RE) Beyoncé - Crazy in Love (feat. Jay-Z)
    06.(RE) Beyoncé - Before I Let Go
    07.(RE) Lana Del Rey - Love
    08.(RE) Leona Lewis - Bleeding Love
    09.(RE) Rihanna - Stay (feat. Mikky Ekko)
    10.(RE) Britney Spears - Gimme More
    11.(NE) Eric Bellinger - Remind Her (Highest Debut)
    12.(NE) DVSN - Smile
    13.(04) Taylor Swift - August (Biggest Free Faller)
    14.(RE) Lady Gaga - 1000 Doves
    15.(NE) DVSN - P.O.V.
    16.(RE) Sara Bareilles - 1000 Times
    17.(NE) Janine - Never the Right Time
    18.(RE) Paramore - The Only Exception
    19.(NE) DaniLeigh - Easy
    20.(NE) Xscape - Your Eyes
    Your heart is coloured with the love wrapped in the brilliant blue sky above, the breadth of the jewelled oceans, and the pure heat of the golden sun. And your heart is home to the cosmic creation that is you.

Comment

• Oh, I remember that Paramore song.
      Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• Pour It Up used to be my jam!
        See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
        See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by heppolo View Post
          Oh, I remember that Paramore song.
          It's beautiful!

Originally posted by bm08 View Post
          Pour It Up used to be my jam!
          An iconic bop!
          Your heart is coloured with the love wrapped in the brilliant blue sky above, the breadth of the jewelled oceans, and the pure heat of the golden sun. And your heart is home to the cosmic creation that is you.

Comment

• Friday's Top 20 (October 30th)

01.(NE) Ariana Grande - Motive (feat. Doja Cat) (Hot Shot Debut)
            02.(RE) Whitney Houston - It's Not Right but It's Okay (Best Comeback)
            03.(RE) Ariana Grande - God Is a Woman
            04.(01) Beyoncé - Bigger (Biggest Free Faller)
            05.(RE) Alicia Keys - Karma
            06.(NE) Ariana Grande - 34+35
            07.(RE) 21 Savage - Mr. Right Now (feat. Drake)
            08.(NE) Ariana Grande - POV
            09.(NE) Ariana Grande - Off the Table (feat. The Weeknd)
            10.(NE) Ariana Grande - Safety Net (feat. Ty Dolla $ign)
            11.(RE) Ariana Grande - Love Me Harder (feat. The Weeknd)
            12.(NE) Ariana Grande - My Hair
            13.(NE) Ariana Grande - Shut Up
            14.(NE) Ariana Grande - Nasty
            15.(NE) Steps - Something in Your Eyes
            16.(NE) Ariana Grande - Just Like Magic
            17.(NE) Ariana Grande - Love Language
            18.(RE) Ariana Grande - Positions
            19.(NE) Ariana Grande - Obvious
            20.(NE) The Weeknd - Too Late

Comment

• Saturday's Top 20 (October 31st)

01.(01) Ariana Grande - Motive (feat. Doja Cat)
              02.(RE) Sam Smith - Diamonds (Best Comeback)
              03.(NE) Busta Rhymes - Where I Belong (feat. Mariah Carey) (Highest Debut)
              04.(RE) Nicki Minaj - Can Anybody Hear Me?
              05.(06) Ariana Grande - 34+35
              06.(RE) Idina Menzel - Let It Go
              07.(19) Ariana Grande - Obvious (Greatest Gainer)
              08.(08) Ariana Grande - POV
              09.(RE) The Weeknd - In Your Eyes (feat. Kenny G)
              10.(RE) Little Mix - Holiday
              11.(10) Ariana Grande - Safety Net (feat. Ty Dolla $ign)
              12.(12) Ariana Grande - My Hair
              13.(RE) Lana Del Rey - Let Me Love You Like a Woman
              14.(09) Ariana Grande - Off the Table (feat. The Weeknd) (Biggest Free Faller)
              15.(13) Ariana Grande - Shut Up
              16.(RE) Ariana Grande - Dangerous Woman
              17.(RE) Mýa - Space and Time
              18.(16) Ariana Grande - Just Like Magic
              19.(17) Ariana Grande - Love Language
              20.(NE) Dua Lipa & Angèle - Fever

Comment

• Sunday's Top 20 (November 1st)

01.(11) Ariana Grande - Safety Net (feat. Ty Dolla $ign) (Greatest Gainer)
                02.(07) Ariana Grande - Obvious
                03.(RE) Ariana Grande - My Hair (Best Comeback)
                04.(RE) Ariana Grande - Positions
                05.(05) Ariana Grande - 34+35
                06.(RE) Roxette - It Must Have Been Love
                07.(RE) Blondie - Call Me
                08.(RE) ABBA - The Winner Takes It All
                09.(RE) Alicia Keys - Try Sleeping with a Broken Heart
                10.(RE) Mariah Carey - Love Takes Time
                11.(RE) Florence + the Machine - Spectrum
                12.(04) Nicki Minaj - Can Anybody Hear Me?
                13.(RE) Ariana Grande - POV
                14.(01) Ariana Grande - Motive (feat. Doja Cat) (Biggest Free Faller)
                15.(17) Mýa - Space and Time
                16.(13) Lana Del Rey - Let Me Love You Like a Woman
                17.(16) Ariana Grande - Dangerous Woman
                18.(NE) The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band - Colorado Christmas (Highest Debut)
                19.(RE) Mariah Carey & Boyz II Men - One Sweet Day
                20.(18) Ariana Grande - Just Like Magic

Comment

• Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
                  "Mesmerized" has been getting a lot of love from the other personal chart creators here, so I've been giving that one a good number of spins recently trying to figure out what it is that they seem to hear with it. I think it's okay.
                  It has a funky feel that's a bit different/rarer for her, and given some of her head-scratching official releases from the 2010's, it sounds even better/more special by comparison. It definitely strikes me as album-worthy (if not single-worthy), but I'm not sure if the fact that it was originally intended for that movie soundtrack impacted her ability to slap it onto an album of her own (before now).

Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
                  His singles are all so great that it was only ever going to happen to good songs.
                  Ha, wow, so Bruno has a flawless singles discography IYO?

Yeah, the thing about Ari's voice is that it works so well on those chill/cool tracks, but only if the song is decently written. I feel like her voice, on the wrong kind of song, can also come off as super disengaged, as it does on "Positions". The video is cute tho. Makes me think about what could've been four years ago...but also what could be four years from now.
                  YES! Which is a shame, cause she does some interesting layering and various vocal flexing elsewhere on the album.

Is it too early to ask where you'd rank Folkore among T-Swizzle's LPs?
                  Ha, well, I can be pretty wishy-washy/non-committal with rankings, especially when I like (or LOVE) all of the options. I can say for sure that folklore wouldn't rank first or last, at least Does it have a more solidifed standing with you at this point?
                  • Your daily chart format is especially interesting to follow in the wake of a major album release like Ari's. "Safety Net" really broke away from the middle of the pack all of a sudden! Your early fave "Motivate" has been speaking to me more, since it boasts some of the most engaging, upbeat production on the album. "34+35" is such an eyeroll-inducing title (exacerbated by the fact that she still felt the need to spell it out by the end of the song) but it does have another one of the album's catchier choruses. "Shut Up" is a fun (relatable) way to kick things off - a much mellower sister song to one of my absolute faves this year: Rina's "STFU!". Overall, positions's consistent vibe/tone hurts more than helps for me, but at least there were definitely better offerings than the title track left to discover.
                  • Miley's "Heart Of Glass" cover put Blondie on my brain the other week. "Call Me" is such a classic.
                  • "Try Sleeping With A Broken Heart" is lush. One of my chart's earliest No. 1's.
                  Yet another chart that doesn't play it safe, Akini!
                  last.fm

Comment

• Originally posted by crystalphoenix View Post
                    It has a funky feel that's a bit different/rarer for her, and given some of her head-scratching official releases from the 2010's, it sounds even better/more special by comparison. It definitely strikes me as album-worthy (if not single-worthy), but I'm not sure if the fact that it was originally intended for that movie soundtrack impacted her ability to slap it onto an album of her own (before now).
                    Ah, I definitely think it's album-worthy, but I wouldn't go as far as single-worthy. Maybe it'll still grow on me.

Originally posted by crystalphoenix View Post
                    Ha, wow, so Bruno has a flawless singles discography IYO?
                    I just checked his singles discography (as a lead act) on Wikipedia and the only ones I don't have strong positive feelings for are "Count on Me" (just okay for me), "Wake Up in the Sky" (I hardly remember it, but I don't think I liked it), and "Blow" (same as "Wake Up...").

YES! Which is a shame, cause she does some interesting layering and various vocal flexing elsewhere on the album.
                    Especially on "My Hair"!

Ha, well, I can be pretty wishy-washy/non-committal with rankings, especially when I like (or LOVE) all of the options. I can say for sure that folklore wouldn't rank first or last, at least Does it have a more solidifed standing with you at this point?
                    It's definitely towards the lower end of her albums for me. At one point, I was quite comfortable calling it my least-favourite T-Swizzle LP, but I think it may have at least passed her debut and fuelled by my passion for "August", I'm tempted to put it ahead of Reputation, too.

Your daily chart format is especially interesting to follow in the wake of a major album release like Ari's. "Safety Net" really broke away from the middle of the pack all of a sudden! Your early fave "Motivate" has been speaking to me more, since it boasts some of the most engaging, upbeat production on the album. "34+35" is such an eyeroll-inducing title (exacerbated by the fact that she still felt the need to spell it out by the end of the song) but it does have another one of the album's catchier choruses. "Shut Up" is a fun (relatable) way to kick things off - a much mellower sister song to one of my absolute faves this year: Rina's "STFU!". Overall, positions's consistent vibe/tone hurts more than helps for me, but at least there were definitely better offerings than the title track left to discover.
                    Well, Sunday was a bit of a weak day. I was on a phone call with a guy for almost eight hours, so I didn't really listen to as much music as I would have otherwise. That being said, "Safety Net" is definitely one of my top Positions tracks.

I actually find the titling of "34+35" to be cute! It seems as if it's getting the single treatment next and I wholly endorse that decision.

Miley's "Heart Of Glass" cover put Blondie on my brain the other week. "Call Me" is such a classic.
                    I actually know very few Blondie songs. I was just saying in Leo's retro review thread that I should probably explore their catalogue a bit more.

"Try Sleeping With A Broken Heart" is lush. One of my chart's earliest No. 1's.
                    It is a brilliant song!

Yet another chart that doesn't play it safe, Akini!
                    Thanks for visiting, Paul. Fingers crossed for tomorrow!

Comment

• Monday's Top 20 (November 2nd)

01.(NE) Flo Milli - Like That Bitch (Hot Shot Debut)
                      02.(RE) Mariah Carey - Just Be Good to Me (Best Comeback)
                      03.(NE) Flo Milli - Beef FloMix
                      04.(RE) Kylie Minogue - Say Something (feat. The House Gospel Choir)
                      05.(RE) Janet Jackson - Love Will Never Do (Without You)
                      06.(RE) The Chicks - Everybody Loves You
                      07.(NE) Aly & AJ - Rush
                      08.(RE) Cardi B - WAP (feat. Megan Thee Stallion)
                      09.(RE) Mariah Carey - Mesmerized
                      10.(14) Ariana Grande - Motive (feat. Doja Cat) (Greatest Gainer)
                      11.(03) Ariana Grande - My Hair
                      12.(RE) Janet Jackson - Miss You Much
                      13.(RE) Nicki Minaj - LLC
                      14.(NE) Flo Milli - Weak
                      15.(NE) Flo Milli - Pockets Bigger
                      16.(NE) Flo Milli - Pussycat Doll
                      17.(04) Ariana Grande - Positions (Biggest Free Faller)
                      18.(NE) Flo Milli - May I
                      19.(NE) Flo Milli - In the Party
                      20.(NE) Flo Milli - Not Friendly

Comment

• Tuesday's Top 20 (November 3rd)

01.(RE) Ariana Grande - Safety Net (feat. Ty Dolla $ign) (Best Comeback)
                        02.(NE) Whitney Houston & CeCe Winans - Bridge over Troubled Water (Highest Debut)
                        03.(RE) Aretha Franklin - Bridge over Troubled Water
                        04.(RE) Janelle Monáe - Americans
                        05.(RE) Mariah Carey - Dreamlover
                        06.(RE) Ariana Grande - Just Like Magic
                        07.(RE) Christina Aguilera - Underappreciated
                        08.(RE) Beyoncé - Bigger
                        09.(RE) Janelle Monáe - Cold War
                        10.(RE) Alicia Keys - Brand New Me
                        11.(RE) Mariah Carey - Honey
                        12.(RE) The Pussycat Dolls - React
                        13.(RE) Aretha Franklin - Respect
                        14.(RE) Dua Lipa - Break My Heart
                        15.(RE) Carly Rae Jepsen - Love Again
                        16.(RE) Janelle Monáe - Turntables
                        17.(RE) Mariah Carey - Fantasy
                        18.(RE) Taylor Swift - Begin Again
                        19.(01) Flo Milli - Like That Bitch (Biggest Free Faller)
                        20.(RE) Ariana Grande - Thank U, Next

Comment

• Wednesday's Top 20 (November 4th)

01.(02) Whitney Houston & CeCe Winans - Bridge over Troubled Water (Greatest Gainer)
                          02.(RE) Ariana Grande - Positions (Best Comeback)
                          03.(RE) Janelle Monáe - PrimeTime (feat. Miguel)
                          04.(RE) Marina & the Diamonds - Primadonna
                          05.(RE) Aretha Franklin - Don't Play That Song (You Lied)
                          06.(RE) Kygo x Whitney Houston - Higher Love
                          07.(RE) Kylie Minogue - Say Something
                          08.(01) Aretha Franklin - Safety Net (feat. Ty Dolla $ign) (Biggest Free Faller)
                          09.(NE) Mariah Carey - Don't Play That Song (You Lied) (Highest Debut)
                          10.(RE) P!nk - Try
                          11.(RE) Taylor Swift - August
                          12.(RE) Jessie Ware - The Kill
                          13.(RE) Cardi B - WAP (feat. Megan Thee Stallion)
                          14.(14) Dua Lipa - Break My Heart
                          15.(RE) Katy Perry - Not the End of the World
                          16.(RE) Calvin Harris - Open Wide (feat. Big Sean)
                          17.(RE) Demi Lovato - Sorry Not Sorry
                          18.(RE) George Michael & Elton John - Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me
                          19.(RE) Shakira - Hips Don't Lie
                          20.(RE) Ashe - Moral of the Story (feat. Niall Horan)

Comment

• Bridge over troubled water is such a beautiful song. My favorite version:

My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• ^ Just played it and it's not bad. According to LastFM, I also played it on 2/22/2018, so I'm guessing maybe I saw it on your chart then.

Comment

• Thursday's Top 20 (November 5th)

01.(NE) Luke Combs - Forever After All (Hot Shot Debut)
                                02.(01) Whitney Houston & CeCe Winans - Bridge over Troubled Water
                                03.(02) Ariana Grande - Positions
                                04.(RE) Nicki Minaj - Ganja Burn (Best Comeback)
                                05.(13) Cardi B - WAP (feat. Megan Thee Stallion) (Greatest Gainer)
                                06.(11) Taylor Swift - August
                                07.(RE) Ariana Grande - My Hair
                                08.(RE) The Weeknd - Blinding Lights
                                09.(RE) Lady Gaga - 1000 Doves
                                10.(RE) Ava Max - So Am I
                                11.(RE) Sara Bareilles - 1000 Times
                                12.(RE) Taylor Swift - Mary's Song (Oh My My My)
                                13.(RE) Ava Max - Salt
                                14.(RE) Taylor Swift - My Tears Ricochet
                                15.(08) Ariana Grande - Safety Net (feat. Ty Dolla $ign) (Biggest Free Faller)
                                16.(RE) Ava Max - Sweet but Psycho
                                17.(RE) DVSN - P.O.V.
                                18.(RE) Ava Max - Torn
                                19.(RE) Lady Gaga - 911
                                20.(NE) Ava Max - Take You to Hell

Comment

• Friday's Top 20 (November 6th)

01.(RE) Kylie Minogue - Say Something (feat. The House Gospel Choir) (Best Comeback)
                                  02.(RE) Aretha Franklin - Bridge over Troubled Water
                                  03.(02) Whitney Houston & CeCe Winans - Bridge over Troubled Water
                                  04.(01) Luke Combs - Forever After All
                                  05.(06) Taylor Swift - August
                                  06.(03) Ariana Grande - Positions (Biggest Free Faller)
                                  07.(NE) Kylie Minogue - Miss a Thing (Highest Debut)
                                  08.(RE) Lana Del Rey - Let Me Love You Like a Woman
                                  09.(RE) Alicia Keys - Tears Always Win
                                  10.(15) Ariana Grande - Safety Net (feat. Ty Dolla $ign) (Greatest Gainer)
                                  11.(RE) Janet Jackson - Doesn't Really Matter
                                  12.(NE) Kylie Minogue - Monday Blues
                                  13.(RE) Lana Del Rey - West Coast
                                  14.(RE) Gwen Stefani - Rich Girl (feat. Eve)
                                  15.(RE) Jennifer Lopez - Ain't Your Mama
                                  16.(NE) Kylie Minogue - Where Does the DJ Go?
                                  17.(RE) Alicia Keys - Brand New Me
                                  18.(RE) Flo Milli - Like That Bitch
                                  19.(NE) Kylie Minogue - Hey Lonely
                                  20.(RE) RuPaul - Sissy That Walk

Comment

• Saturday's Top 20 (November 7th)

01.(16) Kylie Minogue - Where Does the DJ Go? (Greatest Gainer)
                                    02.(RE) Whitney Houston - I Wanna Dance with Somebody (Who Loves Me) (Best Comeback)
                                    03.(RE) Flo Milli - May I
                                    04.(NE) Kylie Minogue - Celebrate You (Highest Debut)
                                    05.(03) Whitney Houston & CeCe Winans - Bridge over Troubled Water
                                    06.(RE) Lizzo - Good as Hell
                                    07.(RE) Beyoncé - I Care
                                    08.(RE) Whitney Houston - One of Those Days
                                    09.(NE) Kylie Minogue - Dance Floor Darling
                                    10.(19) Kylie Minogue - Hey Lonely
                                    11.(RE) Flo Milli - Beef FloMix
                                    12.(01) Kylie Minogue - Say Something (Biggest Free Faller)
                                    13.(RE) Whitney Houston - You Give Good Love
                                    14.(NE) Kylie Minogue - Last Chance
                                    15.(NE) Kylie Minogue - Real Groove
                                    16.(07) Kylie Minogue - Miss a Thing
                                    17.(RE) Kylie Minogue - Magic
                                    18.(10) Ariana Grande - Safety Net (feat. Ty Dolla $ign)
                                    19.(RE) Whitney Houston - One Moment in Time
                                    20.(RE) Whitney Houston - Do You Hear What I Hear?

Comment

• All of these Kylie tracks except the best one on the album, "supernova". Shame! LOL jk...I do like her album quite a lot. It was released for this moment really.
                                      See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
                                      See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                        All of these Kylie tracks except the best one on the album, "supernova". Shame! LOL jk...I do like her album quite a lot. It was released for this moment really.
                                        I revisited "Supernova" and it's not bad. It's just kinda...noisy? The album is terrific, though - not a bad track on it.

Comment

• Sunday's Top 20 (November 8th)

01.(01) Kylie Minogue - Where Does the DJ Go?
                                          02.(RE) The Chicks - Everybody Loves You (Best Comeback)
                                          03.(RE) Dua Lipa - Boys Will Be Boys
                                          04.(RE) Ariana Grande - Positions
                                          05.(RE) Luke Combs - Forever After All
                                          06.(RE) Lady Gaga - Babylon
                                          07.(RE) Nicki Minaj - Can Anybody Hear Me?
                                          08.(RE) Taylor Swift - August
                                          09.(04) Kylie Minogue - Celebrate You (Biggest Free Faller)
                                          10.(RE) Chloe x Halle - Ungodly Hour
                                          11.(RE) Lady Gaga - Babylon
                                          12.(14) Kylie Minogue - Last Chance (Greatest Gainer)
                                          13.(RE) Kylie Minogue - Monday Blues
                                          14.(09) Kylie Minogue - Dance Floor Darling
                                          15.(RE) Nicki Minaj - Coco Chanel (feat. Foxxxy Brown)
                                          16.(15) Kylie Minogue - Real Groove
                                          17.(RE) Jhené Aiko - Moments (feat. Big Sean)
                                          18.(RE) Kylie Minogue - Supernova
                                          19.(RE) Teyana Taylor - Concrete
                                          20.(NE) 112 - Sweet Love (Highest Debut)

Comment

• Monday's Top 20 (November 9th)

01.(01) Kylie Minogue - Where Does the DJ Go?
                                            02.(NE) Tori Kelly - 25th (Highest Debut)
                                            03.(NE) Jill Scott - A Long Walk
                                            04.(RE) Chaka Khan - Ain't Nobody (Best Comeback)
                                            05.(RE) Ariana Grande - Safety Net (feat. Ty Dolla $ign)
                                            06.(RE) Lady Gaga - Telephone (feat. Beyoncé)
                                            07.(RE) Beyoncé - Bigger
                                            08.(RE) Ariana Grande - Just Like Magic
                                            09.(RE) Jill Scott - He Loves Me (Lyzel in E Flat)
                                            10.(NE) Yello - Lost Again
                                            11.(RE) Beyoncé - All I Could Do Was Cry
                                            12.(NE) My Chemical Romance - Welcome to the Black Parade
                                            13.(NE) Echo & the Bunnymen - Seven Seas
                                            14.(NE) Mylène Farmer - Regrets
                                            15.(NE) Trina - Da Baddest Bitch
                                            16.(NE) Sinéad O'Connor - You Made Me the Thief of Your Heart
                                            17.(RE) Sia - Day Too Soon
                                            18.(NE) Lafee - Was Ist Das
                                            19.(NE) Beastie Boys - Ch-Check It Out
                                            20.(RE) Kylie Minogue - Raining Glitter

Comment

• Tuesday's Top 20 (November 10th)

01.(RE) Kylie Minogue - Say Something (Best Comeback)
                                              02.(RE) Adele - Hello
                                              03.(RE) Nicki Minaj - Majesty (feat. Labrinth & Eminem)
                                              04.(RE) Dua Lipa - Physical
                                              05.(RE) Adele - All I Ask
                                              06.(01) Kylie Minogue - Where Does the DJ Go?
                                              07.(RE) Taylor Swift - August
                                              08.(RE) Nicki Minaj - Ganja Burn
                                              09.(RE) Ariana Grande - Positions
                                              10.(RE) Dua Lipa - Levitating
                                              11.(RE) Adele - Million Years Ago
                                              12.(20) Kylie Minogue - Raining Glitter (Greatest Gainer)
                                              13.(RE) Jessie Ware - What's Your Pleasure?
                                              14.(RE) Nicki Minaj - Anaconda
                                              15.(RE) Lady Gaga - Alejandro
                                              16.(NE) Nina Simone - Sweet Love (Highest Debut)
                                              17.(RE) Lady Gaga - Babylon
                                              18.(RE) Mariah Carey - All I Want for Christmas Is You
                                              19.(02) Tori Kelly - 25th (Biggest Free Faller)
                                              20.(05) Ariana Grande -Safety Net (feat. Ty Dolla $ign)

Comment

• Wednesday's Top 20 (November 11th)

01.(NE) Carrie Underwood - Mary, Did You Know? (Hot Shot Debut)
                                                02.(RE) Kylie Minogue - I'm Over Dreaming (Over You) (Best Comeback)
                                                03.(RE) Nicki Minaj - Only (feat. Drake, Lil Wayne, & Chris Brown)
                                                04.(06) Kylie Minogue - Where Does the DJ Go?
                                                05.(05) Adele - All I Ask
                                                06.(RE) Kelly Clarkson - Tie It Up
                                                07.(18) Mariah Carey - All I Want for Christmas Is You (Greatest Gainer)
                                                08.(07) Taylor Swift - August
                                                09.(RE) Doja Cat - Say So (feat. Nicki Minaj)
                                                10.(NE) Carrie Underwood - Little Drummer Boy
                                                11.(RE) Kylie Minogue - Turn It Into Love
                                                12.(02) Adele - Hello
                                                13.(RE) Kylie Minogue - Real Groove
                                                14.(RE) Luke Combs - Forever After All
                                                15.(01) Kylie Minogue - Say Something
                                                16.(RE) Adam Lambert - Roses
                                                17.(RE) Kylie Minogue - Supernova
                                                18.(04) Dua Lipa - Physical (Biggest Free Faller)
                                                19.(RE) Kylie Minogue - Timebomb
                                                20.(NE) Carrie Underwood - O Come All Ye Faithful

Comment

• Oh someone's been in the Christmas spirit lately

or maybe it's the Carrie spirit. Unfortunately two of those are among my least favorite in general - I'll check her album out in any case though. I'm trying to hold off as best as I can because I burned myself out way too early on Christmas music last year

Flo Milli is catching my eye from a few days ago - I have only just heard of her through her feature on one of $NOT's songs (a rapper I like with a name I hate). How did you find her?

Can't help but notice the lack of Ariana this past week. I guess the album didn't do much for you either.

Comment

• Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
                                                    I just checked his singles discography (as a lead act) on Wikipedia and the only ones I don't have strong positive feelings for are "Count on Me" (just okay for me), "Wake Up in the Sky" (I hardly remember it, but I don't think I liked it), and "Blow" (same as "Wake Up...").
                                                    Wow, that's still an extremely strong endorsement, considering two of those few exceptions were collaborations with multiple other artists (not on his albums), so the blame for their mediocrity can easily be placed on shoulders other than his. I don't think "Count On Me" was properly pushed in most markets, so that feels like a minor/forgivable mis-step too.

It's definitely towards the lower end of her albums for me. At one point, I was quite comfortable calling it my least-favourite T-Swizzle LP, but I think it may have at least passed her debut and fuelled by my passion for "August", I'm tempted to put it ahead of Reputation, too.
                                                    Yeah, those are the two albums I can (pretty) confidently rank lower. Fearless also hasn't held up as well as I'd like when I've revisited it in recent years (the lack of polish in her vocals and songwriting has gotten increasingly hard to ignore), but it hurts my heart/nostalgia goggles to bump it down the list too far. You've mentioned developing a greater appreciation for calmer material over the years, and folklore fits that bill for me. It's slow, even somber at times, but rarely feels boring or causes me to tune out (like other artists' more stripped-down endeavors). It hits so hard while sounding so soft. "all this time, we always walked a very thin line, you didn't even hear me out (you didn't even hear me out), you never gave a warning sign (I gave so many signs...)"

Well, Sunday was a bit of a weak day. I was on a phone call with a guy for almost eight hours, so I didn't really listen to as much music as I would have otherwise. That being said, "Safety Net" is definitely one of my top Positions tracks.
                                                    An 8. hour. phone. call? "we started at midnight, got to the sunrise, done at the same time, but who's counting the time..."
                                                    • I'm pretty inconsistent when it comes to spamming Christmas music. Some years it dominates my December charts, and other years it hardly appears at all. Not sure how December 2020 will look, but I can say for sure I'm not in the spirit quite yet. Glad you've been feeling festive, though! Is that at all related to Mr. 8 Hours?
                                                    • LOVIN' the random flashbacks to late-80's-Kylie, and the multiple Disco entries too! Having heard the whole album, my displeasure with "Say Something" being the lead single has grown. It feels so insufficiently disco to introduce an album with that title (and just insufficiently fun in general), especially with get-on-the-Studio-54-dancefloor options like "Real Groove" waiting in the wings. Even my esteem for "Magic" has increased quite a bit over the past month or so. The acoustic version is lovely, though. It looks like "Celebrate You" was among your early faves, and I'm really charmed by that one too. It's catch-tastic, and there's something delightfully dated/retro about her addressing a specific unknown "Mary" throughout (as opposed to sticking with a universal "you").
                                                    • Positions, though. Kylie's eclipsed it for me too (plus Tay's Survivor effect), but I don't think it'll be completely absent from my next chart.
                                                    Yet another chart that knows what's up, Akini!
                                                    Last edited by crystalphoenix; Thu November 12, 2020, 22:55.
                                                    last.fm

Comment

Working...
                                                    X