Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Akini's Daily Top 20: #1 You can’t front like this ain’t way realer...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I had to RUN in here to see Nicki at the top and then see she is all over the top 20!

    My guess is you played Lindsey first and that made you look up Kylie?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
      I had to RUN in here to see Nicki at the top and then see she is all over the top 20!

      My guess is you played Lindsey first and that made you look up Kylie?
      Yep, I think Nicki's baby bump () should make her a pretty significant presence this week.

      Correct! When I type "Crystallize" into my Spotify library, 98% of the time I intend on listening to Lindsey's track, and then I'll see Kylie's song, too, and think, "Oh, yeah, this one is also cute", and I play it as well.
      Akini's Top 100 Albums of the Decade: [90-86]

      Comment


      • Tuesday's Top 20 (July 21st)

        01.(RE) Nicki Minaj - Moment 4 Life (feat. Drake) (Best Comeback)
        02.(RE) Lindsey Stirling - The Phoenix
        03.(RE) Nicki Minaj - Can Anybody Hear Me?
        04.(RE) Nicki Minaj - Still I Rise
        05.(RE) Lindsey Stirling - Crystallize
        06.(RE) Nicki Minaj - Up in Flames
        07.(RE) Nicki Minaj - Last Chance (feat. Natasha Bedingfield)
        08.(RE) Nicki Minaj - Ganja Burn
        09.(RE) Nicki Minaj - Good Form
        10.(16) Nicki Minaj - Want Some More (Greatest Gainer)
        11.(01) Nicki Minaj - Win Again (Biggest Free Faller)
        12.(03) Jill Scott - He Loves Me (Lyzel in E Flat)
        13.(RE) Nicki Minaj - Chun-Li
        14.(RE) Nicki Minaj - Pound the Alarm
        15.(RE) Harry Styles - Watermelon Sugar
        16.(RE) Orla Gartland - Did It to Myself
        17.(NE) Mýa - Space and Time (Highest Debut)
        18.(RE) Nicki Minaj - Come on a Cone
        19.(RE) Kylie Minogue - Tears on My Pillow
        20.(NE) P. Diddy - I Need a Girl (feat. Usher & Loon)
        Akini's Top 100 Albums of the Decade: [90-86]

        Comment


        • Wednesday's Top 20 (July 22nd)

          01.(17) Mýa - Space and Time (Greatest Gainer)
          02.(RE) Deborah Cox - Absolutely Not (Best Comeback)
          03.(02) Lindsey Stirling - The Phoenix
          04.(12) Jill Scott - He Loves Me (Lyzel in E Flat)
          05.(NE) Tinashe - Rascal (Superstar) (Highest Debut)
          06.(NE) Raye - Natalie Don't
          07.(RE) Mýa - Case of the Ex (Whatcha Gonna Do)
          08.(RE) Lady Gaga - Poker Face
          09.(RE) Christina Aguilera - Keeps Gettin' Better
          10.(RE) Lizzo - Juice
          11.(RE) Kelly Clarkson - I Dare You
          12.(RE) Lady Gaga - Babylon
          13.(RE) Tinashe - 2 On (feat. ScHoolBoy Q)
          14.(RE) The Chicks - March March
          15.(RE) Lady Gaga - Do What U Want (feat. Christina Aguilera)
          16.(RE) Bobby McFerrin - Don't Worry, Be Happy
          17.(RE) Janelle Monáe - I Got the Juice (feat. Pharrell Williams)
          18.(RE) Lana Del Rey - Happiness is a Butterfly
          19.(09) Nicki Minaj - Good Form (Biggest Free Faller)
          20.(RE) Carly Rae Jepsen - Curiosity
          Akini's Top 100 Albums of the Decade: [90-86]

          Comment


          • Oh I missed the return of Orla yesterday! Yay! I really can't be mad at any of the songs ahead of her either.

            But in the most recent chart, I see you've picked up on Natalie Don't. That's a pretty good showing - does that mean you like it?

            And I'm always here for a Janelle appearance, even if I suspect it's only there because you listened to Lizzo first

            Comment


            • Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
              Oh I missed the return of Orla yesterday! Yay! I really can't be mad at any of the songs ahead of her either.

              But in the most recent chart, I see you've picked up on Natalie Don't. That's a pretty good showing - does that mean you like it?

              And I'm always here for a Janelle appearance, even if I suspect it's only there because you listened to Lizzo first
              The Orla song is such a bouncy bop.

              Oh, I more than like "Natalie Don't"; the song actually brought tears to my eyes last night. It is damn good! I just love grade A pop music. It does something to my soul.

              The accuracy!
              Akini's Top 100 Albums of the Decade: [90-86]

              Comment


              • Thursday's Top 20 (July 23rd)

                01.(06) Raye - Natalie Don't (Greatest Gainer)
                02.(NE) The Highwomen - Don't Call Me (Highest Debut)
                03.(RE) Dolly Parton - Jolene (Best Comeback)
                04.(05) Tinashe - Rascal (Superstar)
                05.(RE) Trey Songz - Still Scratchin Me Up
                06.(01) Mýa - Space and Time
                07.(RE) Katy Perry - Roulette
                08.(02) Deborah Cox - Absolutely Not
                09.(RE) Nicki Minaj - Nip Tuck
                10.(RE) Tina Turner - The Best
                11.(RE) The Beatles - Eleanor Rigby
                12.(04) Jill Scott - He Loves Me (Lyzel in E Flat) (Biggest Free Faller)
                13.(RE) Shania Twain - Up!
                14.(RE) Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory
                15.(RE) Johnny Cash - I Walk the Line
                16.(NE) Smokey Robinson and the Miracles - The Tears of a Clown
                17.(RE) Kylie Minogue - Tears on My Pillow
                18.(RE) Luther Vandross - Get It Right (feat. Precise)
                19.(RE) Charles Aznavour - What Makes a Man
                20.(RE) Tones and I - Dance Monkey
                Akini's Top 100 Albums of the Decade: [90-86]

                Comment


                • Friday's Top 20 (July 24th)

                  01.(RE) Katy Perry - Part of Me (Best Comeback)
                  02.(RE) Demi Lovato - Sorry Not Sorry
                  03.(01) RAYE - Natalie Don't
                  04.(06) Mýa - Space and Time (Greatest Gainer)
                  05.(NE) Kylie Minogue - Say Something (Highest Debut)
                  06.(RE) Ariana Grande - Into You
                  07.(RE) Kelly Clarkson - The Sun Will Rise
                  08.(RE) Céline Dion - A New Day Has Come
                  09.(RE) Demi Lovato - Confident
                  10.(RE) Lana Del Rey - Summertime Sadness
                  11.(02) The Highwomen - Don't Call Me (Biggest Free Faller)
                  12.(RE) Christina Aguilera - Keeps Gettin' Better
                  13.(NE) Taylor Swift - The Last Great American Dynasty
                  14.(RE) Lana Del Rey - Radio
                  15.(RE) Taylor Swift - Out of the Woods
                  16.(RE) Barbra Streisand - With One Look
                  17.(09) Nicki Minaj - Nip Tuck
                  18.(RE) Céline Dion - I'm Alive
                  19.(RE) Lana Del Rey - Diet Mountain Dew
                  20.(RE) Lana Del Rey - Carmen
                  Akini's Top 100 Albums of the Decade: [90-86]

                  Comment


                  • Saturday's Top 20 (July 25th)

                    01.(RE) Jessie Ware - The Kill (Best Comeback)
                    02.(NE) Taylor Swift - The 1 (Highest Debut)
                    03.(RE) Jill Scott - He Loves Me (Lyzel in E Flat)
                    04.(RE) Deborah Cox - Absolutely Not
                    05.(NE) Taylor Swift - Exile (feat. Bon Iver)
                    06.(RE) Nightmares on Wax - You Wish
                    07.(13) Taylor Swift - The Last Great American Dynasty (Greatest Gainer)
                    08.(11) The Highwomen - Don't Call Me
                    09.(RE) Nicki Minaj - Roman's Revenge (feat. Eminem)
                    10.(RE) Avril Lavigne - Girlfriend
                    11.(RE) Rina Sawayama - Love Me 4 Me
                    12.(RE) Anastacia - Love Is a Crime
                    13.(RE) Drake - Losses
                    14.(NE) Taylor Swift - Mad Woman
                    15.(RE) Drake - Chicago Freestyle
                    16.(NE) Taylor Swift - Cardigan
                    17.(NE) Taylor Swift - Illicit Affairs
                    18.(RE) Drake - Landed
                    19.(NE) Taylor Swift - Betty
                    20.(NE) Taylor Swift - Mirrorball
                    Akini's Top 100 Albums of the Decade: [90-86]

                    Comment


                    • Sunday's Top 20 (July 26th)

                      01.(01) Jessie Ware - The Kill
                      02.(07) Taylor Swift - The Last Great American Dynasty (Greatest Gainer)
                      03.(RE) RAYE - Natalie Don't (Best Comeback)
                      04.(02) Taylor Swift - The 1 (Biggest Free Faller)
                      05.(RE) Lady Gaga - Sine from Above (feat. Elton John)
                      06.(RE) Lady Gaga - Alice
                      07.(RE) Lady Gaga - Babylon
                      08.(RE) Jessie Ware - What's Your Pleasure?
                      09.(RE) Luther Vandross - Get It Right (feat. Precise)
                      10.(RE) Céline Dion - I Surrender
                      11.(RE) Jessie Ware - Spotlight
                      12.(RE) Billie Eilish - You Should See Me in a Crown
                      13.(RE) Demi Lovato - Anyone
                      14.(RE) Taylor Swift - The Man
                      15.(RE) Kylie Minogue - Say Something
                      16.(RE) Kelly Clarkson - I Dare You
                      17.(RE) Teyana Taylor - We Got Love (feat. Lauryn Hill)
                      18.(RE) Kylie Minogue - Tears on My Pillow
                      19.(NE) Juice WRLD & Marshmello - Come & Go (Highest Debut)
                      20.(RE) Melanie C - Blame It on Me
                      Akini's Top 100 Albums of the Decade: [90-86]

                      Comment


                      • Monday's Top 20 (July 27th)

                        01.(02) Taylor Swift - The Last Great American Dynasty (Greatest Gainer)
                        02.(RE) Lindsey Stirling - Crystallize (Best Comeback)
                        03.(01) Jessie Ware - The Kill (Biggest Free Faller)
                        04.(RE) Lindsey Stirling - The Phoenix
                        05.(05) Lady Gaga - Sine from Above (feat. Elton John)
                        06.(RE) 6LACK - Seasons (feat. Khalid)
                        07.(RE) Meredith Brook - Bitch
                        08.(RE) Mariah Carey - Portrait
                        09.(RE) Kylie Minogue - Breathe
                        10.(RE) Chloe x Halle - Everywhere
                        11.(RE) P!nk - Leave Me Alone (I'm Lonely)
                        12.(RE) Mika - Relax, Take It Easy
                        13.(RE) Nicki Minaj - Chun-Li
                        14.(RE) Teyana Taylor - Lose Each Other
                        15.(RE) Lady Gaga - Enigma
                        16.(RE) The Weeknd - Blinding Lights
                        17.(RE) Avril Lavigne - The Best Damn Thing
                        18.(RE) MIGOS - MotorSport (feat. Cardi B & Nicki Minaj)
                        19.(RE) Cardi B - Be Careful
                        20.(NE) RuPaul - Clapback (feat. Jujubee, Miz Cracker, & Shea Couleé) (Highest Debut)
                        Akini's Top 100 Albums of the Decade: [90-86]

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
                          Done with that being the modal intention.
                          Ha, very fair. So few (if any) of the eligible men in ATL are looking for love (just "to have you on their skin")?

                          Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
                          Yeah, "Love Me 4 Me" has actually replaced "Chosen Family" as my top track from the album!


                          Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
                          "Your Disco..." brings me such joy! This summer makes nine years since you introduced me to it! <3
                          Joy is definitely in short supply lately, so I'm beyond honored to have helped unite you with a song that still reliably evokes that feeling (nearly) a decade later!
                          • Your No. 1 hasn't been among my early Folklore standouts, but I'd never heard of the woman who inspired it, so I owe Tay for the American history lesson. I'm surprised that it appears to be the only Folklore keeper for you at this point; granted, that album's packed with the type of material that's more likely to be growers/slow burners than instant earworms. It's not exactly a contender for my favorite Taylor album, but the production is incredibly pretty, and her ear for melodies makes the songs less painfully plodding than they might've been in other hands.
                          • So a *5* - OUT - 15 - OUT run for "Say Something" so far, eh? Usually I'd be more indignant on Kylie's behalf, but I'm underwhelmed by it too I keep reading about how it's people's favorite lead single since "All The Lovers" (or even further back), but it's probably my least favorite lead since "2 Hearts" (and that was more a matter of it being a sound/style I'm generally not drawn toward).
                          • "Leave Me Alone (I'm Lonely)" is fantastic, and should've gotten a full international single push. If memory serves, they didn't really push anything else from I'm Not Dead in the States after re-releasing "Who Knew," despite several other tracks (like "Leave Me Alone") getting some sort of release abroad. "cuttin' off the phone, leave me the f**k alone, tomorrow I'll be beggin' you to come home..."
                          Yet another great chart, Akini!


                          last.fm

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by crystalphoenix View Post
                            Ha, very fair. So few (if any) of the eligible men in ATL are looking for love (just "to have you on their skin")?
                            Correct. Most seem to just want a quick fling, which I understand, but I don't care for those.

                            Originally posted by crystalphoenix View Post
                            Joy is definitely in short supply lately, so I'm beyond honored to have helped unite you with a song that still reliably evokes that feeling (nearly) a decade later!
                            There's this quote by Albert Camus that I love: "Once in the midst of a seemingly endless winter, I discovered within myself an invincible spring."

                            I find music helps to string together more 'spring' moments.

                            Originally posted by crystalphoenix View Post
                            Your No. 1 hasn't been among my early Folklore standouts, but I'd never heard of the woman who inspired it, so I owe Tay for the American history lesson. I'm surprised that it appears to be the only Folklore keeper for you at this point; granted, that album's packed with the type of material that's more likely to be growers/slow burners than instant earworms. It's not exactly a contender for my favorite Taylor album, but the production is incredibly pretty, and her ear for melodies makes the songs less painfully plodding than they might've been in other hands.
                            Honestly, "The Last Great American Dynasty" stood out from day one - it was the only song from the LP that charted the day of the album's release. I do really like "The 1" and "Exile" as well, but I'm hoping the rest of the album grows on me. I'm hearing such praise for her songwriting and I do feel that a lot of critics and fans believe that well-penned songs have to be slower and more melancholy, when in reality bops can be well-written, too!

                            Originally posted by crystalphoenix View Post
                            So a *5* - OUT - 15 - OUT run for "Say Something" so far, eh? Usually I'd be more indignant on Kylie's behalf, but I'm underwhelmed by it too I keep reading about how it's people's favorite lead single since "All The Lovers" (or even further back), but it's probably my least favorite lead since "2 Hearts" (and that was more a matter of it being a sound/style I'm generally not drawn toward).
                            I had a big breakthrough with "Say Something" today actually!

                            Originally posted by crystalphoenix View Post
                            "Leave Me Alone (I'm Lonely)" is fantastic, and should've gotten a full international single push. If memory serves, they didn't really push anything else from I'm Not Dead in the States after re-releasing "Who Knew," despite several other tracks (like "Leave Me Alone") getting some sort of release abroad. "cuttin' off the phone, leave me the f**k alone, tomorrow I'll be beggin' you to come home..."
                            Love that lyric you posted. I actually feel like the song represents how I feel a lot of times with communication - there's a fine line between just enough and too much (and too little).

                            Originally posted by crystalphoenix View Post
                            Yet another great chart, Akini!
                            Thanks for visiting, Paul!
                            Akini's Top 100 Albums of the Decade: [90-86]

                            Comment


                            • Tuesday's Top 20 (July 28th)

                              01.(RE) Kylie Minogue - Say Something (Best Comeback)
                              02.(01) Taylor Swift - The Last Great American Dynasty
                              03.(RE) Bruno Mars - 24K Magic
                              04.(04) Lindsey Stirling - The Phoenix
                              05.(RE) A Tribe Called Quest - Electric Relaxation
                              06.(RE) Nicki Minaj - Right by My Side (feat. Chris Brown)
                              07.(03) Jessie Ware - The Kill (Biggest Free Faller)
                              08.(RE) Madonna - Deeper and Deeper
                              09.(RE) Demi Lovato - Sorry Not Sorry
                              10.(RE) RAYE - Natalie Don't
                              11.(NE) Samantha Fish - Kill or Be Kind (Highest Debut)
                              12.(RE) Kylie Minogue - Wow
                              13.(13) Nicki Minaj - Chun-Li
                              14.(RE) Nicki Minaj - Marilyn Monroe
                              15.(RE) P!nk - Courage
                              16.(RE) The Divine Comedy - National Express
                              17.(NE) Bree Runway- Gucci (feat. Maliibu Mitch)
                              18.(RE) Lady Gaga - Rain on Me (feat. Ariana Grande)
                              19.(RE) Anastacia - Stupid Little Things
                              20.(RE) The Highwomen - Don't Call Me
                              Akini's Top 100 Albums of the Decade: [90-86]

                              Comment


                              • Wednesday's Top 20 (July 29th)

                                01.(RE) Nicki Minaj - Ganja Burn (Best Comeback)
                                02.(04) Lindsey Stirling - The Phoenix
                                03.(RE) Nightmares on Wax - You Wish
                                04.(10) RAYE - Natalie Don't
                                05.(02) Taylor Swift - The Last Great American Tragedy (Biggest Free Faller)
                                06.(07) Jessie Ware - The Kill
                                07.(20) The Highwomen - Don't Call Me (Greatest Gainer)
                                08.(RE) Taylor Swift - The 1
                                09.(RE) Sister Sledge - We Are Family
                                10.(RE) Kylie Minogue - Say Something
                                11.(RE) Doja Cat - Say So (feat. Nicki Minaj)
                                12.(RE) Lady Gaga - Alice
                                13.(RE) George Michael - One More Try
                                14.(NE) Bob the Drag Queen - Purse First (feat. DJ Mitch Ferrino) (Highest Debut)
                                15.(RE) Beyoncé - ***Flawless (feat. Nicki Minaj)
                                16.(RE) Rita Ora - Anywhere
                                17.(RE) Sister Sledge - Lost in Music
                                18.(RE) Taylor Swift - I Knew You Were Trouble
                                19.(RE) Kylie Minogue - Crystallize
                                20.(RE) Ariana Grande - Side to Side (feat. Nicki Minaj)
                                Akini's Top 100 Albums of the Decade: [90-86]

                                Comment


                                • Thursday's Top 20 (July 30th)

                                  01.(NE) Taylor Swift - August (Hot Shot Debut)
                                  02.(05) Taylor Swift - The Last Great American Dynasty
                                  03.(RE) Whitney Houston - A Song for You (Best Comeback)
                                  04.(RE) Deborah Cox - Absolutely Not
                                  05.(RE) Lorde - Green Light
                                  06.(10) Kylie Minogue - Say Something (Greatest Gainer)
                                  07.(04) RAYE - Natalie Don't (Biggest Free Faller)
                                  08.(07) The Highwomen - Don't Call Me
                                  09.(RE) Taylor Swift - Illicit Affairs
                                  10.(RE) Mariah Carey - My All
                                  11.(NE) Oleta Adams - Get Here
                                  12.(13) George Michael - One More Try
                                  13.(RE) Mariah Carey - Do You Know Where You're Going To (Theme from Mahogany)
                                  14.(RE) Willow - Whip My Hair
                                  15.(RE) SWV - Weak
                                  16.(RE) Boyz II Men - A Song for Mama
                                  17.(RE) Leona Lewis - Run
                                  18.(RE) George Michael - Faith
                                  19.(RE) Trey Songz - Still Scratchin Me Up
                                  20.(RE) Mika - Rain
                                  Akini's Top 100 Albums of the Decade: [90-86]

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
                                    There's this quote by Albert Camus that I love: "Once in the midst of a seemingly endless winter, I discovered within myself an invincible spring."

                                    I find music helps to string together more 'spring' moments.
                                    What an absolutely gorgeous, poetic metaphor. I'm definitely bookmarking that for future use.

                                    Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
                                    Honestly, "The Last Great American Dynasty" stood out from day one - it was the only song from the LP that charted the day of the album's release. I do really like "The 1" and "Exile" as well, but I'm hoping the rest of the album grows on me. I'm hearing such praise for her songwriting and I do feel that a lot of critics and fans believe that well-penned songs have to be slower and more melancholy, when in reality bops can be well-written, too!
                                    Ha, too true. It's a tad sad that she had to make an album this slow and folksy for certain critics to FINALLY acknowledge her songwriting skills (8 albums and 14+ years into a prolific career of self-penned material).

                                    Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
                                    I had a big breakthrough with "Say Something" today actually!
                                    Still waiting for that to happen to me, but it's always a treat to see people pumped for Kylie.
                                    • I'm even more excited to see that you've had a Folklore-tracks-other-than-"The Last Great American Dynasty" breakthrough, ESPECIALLY "August," which debuted at No. 1 on my latest chart too! "Cardigan" is alright, but I think "August" or "Mirrorball" would've had a better chance at getting decent pop airplay (in addition to the streaming and sales success the album's enjoying). "cause you weren't miiine to lOoOoOoOose..."
                                    • "Illicit Affairs" is also among my highest-ranking Folklore songs right now. It has a lot of great lines throughout, but that part toward the end sticks with me the most: "don't call me kid, don't call me baby, look at this godforsaken mess that you made me..." Catchy, and reminds me of my favorite lines from "Cold As You": "and you come away with a great little story, of a mess of a dreamer with the nerve to adore you..."
                                    Yet another chart that gives me hope, Akini!

                                    last.fm

                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by crystalphoenix View Post
                                      Ha, too true. It's a tad sad that she had to make an album this slow and folksy for certain critics to FINALLY acknowledge her songwriting skills (8 albums and 14+ years into a prolific career of self-penned material).
                                      Especially on Speak Now where she was the sole songwriter!

                                      Originally posted by crystalphoenix View Post
                                      Still waiting for that to happen to me, but it's always a treat to see people pumped for Kylie.
                                      I know the feeling. I was on your side of the emotional pond with "We Found Love".

                                      Originally posted by crystalphoenix View Post
                                      I'm even more excited to see that you've had a Folklore-tracks-other-than-"The Last Great American Dynasty" breakthrough, ESPECIALLY "August," which debuted at No. 1 on my latest chart too! "Cardigan" is alright, but I think "August" or "Mirrorball" would've had a better chance at getting decent pop airplay (in addition to the streaming and sales success the album's enjoying). "cause you weren't miiine to lOoOoOoOose..."
                                      I've so enamoured with "August". I had it on repeat for five hours yesterday while I was working. The lyrics really struck me.

                                      I don't usually give tracks 10/10 days, but I was forced to improve August's initial rating from 7.5/10 to 10/10.

                                      Originally posted by crystalphoenix View Post
                                      "Illicit Affairs" is also among my highest-ranking Folklore songs right now. It has a lot of great lines throughout, but that part toward the end sticks with me the most: "don't call me kid, don't call me baby, look at this godforsaken mess that you made me..." Catchy, and reminds me of my favorite lines from "Cold As You": "and you come away with a great little story, of a mess of a dreamer with the nerve to adore you..."
                                      "Illicit Affair" hasn't made the big click yet, but I'll definitely spend some more time with it this weekend.

                                      Originally posted by crystalphoenix View Post
                                      Yet another chart that gives me hope, Akini!
                                      Thanks for visiting, Paul!
                                      Akini's Top 100 Albums of the Decade: [90-86]

                                      Comment


                                      • Friday's Top 20 (July 31st)

                                        01.(01) Taylor Swift - August
                                        02.(NE) Jordin Sparks - Red Sangria (Highest Debut)
                                        03.(06) Kylie Minogue - Say Something (Greatest Gainer)
                                        04.(07) RAYE - Natalie Don't
                                        05.(RE) Tamia - Stranger in My House (Best Comeback)
                                        06.(RE) Lady Gaga - Government Hooker
                                        07.(RE) Ariana Grande & Justin Bieber - Stuck with U
                                        08.(02) Taylor Swift - The Last Great American Dynasty (Biggest Free Faller)
                                        09.(04) Deborah Cox - Absolutely Not
                                        10.(RE) Lady Gaga - Sour Candy (feat. BLACKPINK)
                                        11.(NE) Billie Eilish - My Future
                                        12.(NE) OneRepublic - Better Days
                                        13.(NE) August Alsina - Entanglements (feat. Rick Ross)
                                        14.(NE) John Lennon - Isolation
                                        15.(NE) Dolly Parton - When Life Is Good Again
                                        16.(RE) Diana Ross - Ain't No Mountain High Enough
                                        17.(RE) Dinah Washington - What a Diff'rence a Day Made
                                        18.(RE) Mariah Carey - The Beautiful Ones (feat. Dru Hill)
                                        19.(RE) Taylor Swift - The 1
                                        20.(RE) Jordin Sparks - Skipping a Beat
                                        Akini's Top 100 Albums of the Decade: [90-86]

                                        Comment


                                        • Saturday's Top 20 (August 1st)

                                          01.(RE) Nicki Minaj - Last Chance (feat. Natasha Bedingfield) (Best Comeback)
                                          02.(01) Taylor Swift - August
                                          03.(05) Tamia - Stranger in My House (Greatest Gainer)
                                          04.(RE) Nicki Minaj - Muny
                                          05.(03) Kylie Minogue - Say Something
                                          06.(RE) Aretha Franklin - Until the Real Thing Comes Along
                                          07.(RE) Emeli Sandé - Hurts
                                          08.(RE) Nicki Minaj - Can Anybody Hear Me?
                                          09.(RE) Beyoncé - Sorry
                                          10.(RE) Brita, Crystal Methyd, Gigi Goode, Heidi N. Closet, Jackie Cox, Nicky Doll, & Widow Von'Du - I'm That Bitch
                                          11.(NE) Bill Laurance - Red Sand (Highest Debut)
                                          12.(RE) Kacey Musgraves - Lonely Weekend
                                          13.(RE) Taylor Swift - False God
                                          14.(RE) Aaliyah - Are You That Somebody?
                                          15.(RE) Kylie Minogue - All the Lovers
                                          16.(RE) Beyoncé - Spirit
                                          17.(02) Jordin Sparks - Red Sangria (Biggest Free Faller)
                                          18.(RE) Nicki Minaj - Here I Am
                                          19.(RE) Kylie Minogue - Slow
                                          20.(RE) Beyoncé - Hold Up
                                          Akini's Top 100 Albums of the Decade: [90-86]

                                          Comment


                                          • Sunday's Top 20 (August 2nd)

                                            01.(NE) LightSkinKeisha - Ride Good (feat. BSmyth) (Hot Shot Debut)
                                            02.(02) Taylor Swift - August
                                            03.(01) Nicki Minaj - Last Chance (feat. Natasha Bedingfield)
                                            04.(RE) Usher - SexBeat (feat. Lil Jon & Ludacris) (Best Comeback)
                                            05.(04) Nicki Minaj - Muny
                                            06.(RE) Rihanna - Skin
                                            07.(RE) SZA - 20 Something
                                            08.(RE) Ariana Grande - The Way (feat. Mac Miller)
                                            09.(NE) Usher - I Cry
                                            10.(RE) SZA - Broken Clocks
                                            11.(RE) Usher - Euphoria
                                            12.(RE) Drake - Practice
                                            13.(RE) Usher - Dive
                                            14.(RE) Sia - Cheap Thrills
                                            15.(RE) Delta Goodrem - Encore
                                            16.(RE) Lady Gaga - 911
                                            17.(11) Bill Laurance - Red Sand (Biggest Free Faller)
                                            18.(RE) Delta Goodrem - Dear Life
                                            19.(RE) Glee Cast - Thriller/Heads Will Roll
                                            20.(NE) The Bangles - Something That You Said
                                            Akini's Top 100 Albums of the Decade: [90-86]

                                            Comment


                                            • Monday's Top 20 (August 3rd)

                                              01.(RE) Mika - Rain (Best Comeback)
                                              02.(RE) Chris Brown - Wet the Bed (feat. Ludacris)
                                              03.(02) Taylor Swift - August (Biggest Free Faller)
                                              04.(RE) Taylor Swift - Call It What You Want
                                              05.(RE) Rihanna - Umbrella (feat. Jay-Z)
                                              06.(RE) Taylor Hicks - Do I Make You Proud
                                              07.(RE) Madonna - Rain
                                              08.(RE) Taylor Swift - Blank Space
                                              09.(RE) Taylor Swift - The 1
                                              10.(RE) Taylor Swift - Style
                                              11.(RE) Rihanna - Kiss It Better
                                              12.(RE) Madonna - Give Me All Your Luvin' (feat. Nicki Minaj & M.I.A.)
                                              13.(RE) Christina Aguilera - Bionic
                                              14.(RE) Janelle Monáe - Pynk (feat. Grimes)
                                              15.(RE) Fantasia - I Believe
                                              16.(RE) Taylor Swift - The Last Great American Dynasty
                                              17.(RE) Taylor Swift - You Belong with Me
                                              18.(RE) Taylor Swift - Cardigan
                                              19.(RE) Lady Gaga - Rain on Me (feat. Ariana Grande)
                                              20.(RE) Taylor Swift - Stay Beautiful
                                              Akini's Top 100 Albums of the Decade: [90-86]

                                              Comment


                                              • Tuesday's Top 20 (August 4th)

                                                01.(RE) Beyoncé - Daddy Lessons (feat. The Chicks) (Best Comeback)
                                                02.(RE) Lady Gaga - A-YO
                                                03.(RE) Gnarls Barkley - Crazy
                                                04.(RE) Nicki Minaj - Dear Old Nicki
                                                05.(RE) Sia - Cheap Thrills (feat. Sean Paul)
                                                06.(RE) Nicki Minaj - Majesty (feat. Labrinth & Eminem)
                                                07.(RE) P!nk - Slut Like You
                                                08.(03) Taylor Swift - August (Biggest Free Faller)
                                                09.(RE) Sia - The Greatest (feat. Kendrick Lamar)
                                                10.(RE) Adele - Tired
                                                11.(RE) Nicki Minaj - Ganja Burn
                                                12.(RE) Nicki Minaj - Can Anybody Hear Me?
                                                13.(RE) Nicki Minaj - The Crying Game (feat. Jessie Ware)
                                                14.(RE) Nicki Minaj - Did It On'em
                                                15.(RE) The Weeknd - Blinding Lights
                                                16.(RE) Sean Paul - Temperature
                                                17.(RE) Sylvester - You Make Me Feel (Mighty Real)
                                                18.(RE) Glee Cast - Thriller/Heads Will Roll
                                                19.(RE) Trey Songz - Bottoms Up (feat. Nicki Minaj)
                                                20.(RE) Years & Years - Sanctify
                                                Akini's Top 100 Albums of the Decade: [90-86]

                                                Comment


                                                • Wednesday's Top 20 (August 5th)

                                                  01.(01) Beyoncé - Daddy Lessons (feat. The Chicks)
                                                  02.(12) Nicki Minaj - Can Anybody Hear Me? (Greatest Gainer)
                                                  03.(RE) Lizzo - Juice (Best Comeback)
                                                  04.(RE) Mariah Carey - Caution
                                                  05.(RE) Beyoncé - Ring Off
                                                  06.(NE) Wyclef Jean - 911 (feat. Mary J. Blige) (Highest Debut)
                                                  07.(RE) Nicki Minaj - Good Form
                                                  08.(08) Taylor Swift - August
                                                  09.(NE) The Chicks - Daddy Lessons
                                                  10.(NE) Alexis Mateo, Jujubee, India Ferrah, Miz Cracker, Mayhem Miller, Blair St. Clair, Ongina, Mariah Paris Balenciaga, & Shea Couleé - I'm in Love
                                                  11.(RE) Mika - Love Today
                                                  12.(RE) Destiny's Child - Survivor
                                                  13.(RE) Toni Braxton - Coping
                                                  14.(RE) Ciara - Love Sex Magic (feat. Justin Timberlake)
                                                  15.(RE) August Alsina - No Love (feat. Nicki Minaj)
                                                  16.(RE) Lady Gaga - Alice
                                                  17.(RE) Anastacia - Stupid Little Things
                                                  18.(RE) RuPaul - Clapback (feat. Jujubee, Miz Cracker, & Shea Couleé)
                                                  19.(RE) Alicia Keys - That's When I Knew
                                                  20.(RE) Lady Gaga - 911
                                                  Akini's Top 100 Albums of the Decade: [90-86]

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Thursday's Top 20 (August 6th)

                                                    01.(15) August Alsina - No Love (feat Nicki Minaj) (Greatest Gainer)
                                                    02,(RE) The Pointer Sisters - I'm So Excited (Best Comeback)
                                                    03.(RE) Lana Del Rey - Cinnamon Girl
                                                    04.(RE) Jessie Ware - The Kill
                                                    05.(RE) The Pussycat Dolls - When I Grow Up
                                                    06.(14) Ciara - Love Sex Magic (feat. Justin Timberlake)
                                                    07.(RE) Janet Jackson - Doesn't Really Matter
                                                    08.(RE) One Direction - Drag Me Down
                                                    09.(RE) Teyana Taylor - How You Want It? (feat. King Combs)
                                                    10.(RE) Lady Gaga - Rain on Me (feat. Ariana Grande)
                                                    11.(RE) Luke James - Stay with Me
                                                    12.(RE) Delta Goodrem - Enough (feat. Gizzle)
                                                    13.(NE) Eminem - Cinderella Man (Highest Debut)
                                                    14.(NE) Michael Jackson - Chicago
                                                    15.(08) Taylor Swift - August (Biggest Free Faller)
                                                    16.(RE) Jill Scott - He Loves Me (Lyzel in E Flat)
                                                    17.(RE) The Roots - You Got Me (feat. Erykah Badu & Eve)
                                                    18.(RE) Céline Dion - Breakaway
                                                    19.(RE) Zayn - Tio
                                                    20.(RE) Lana Del Rey - Happiness is a Butterfly
                                                    Akini's Top 100 Albums of the Decade: [90-86]

                                                    Comment


                                                    • Friday's Top 20 (August 7th)

                                                      01.(01) August Alsina - No Love (feat. Nicki Minaj)
                                                      02.(NE) Cardi B - WAP (feat. Megan Thee Stallion) (Highest Debut)
                                                      03.(RE) Madonna - Hung Up (Best Comeback)
                                                      04.(RE) Christina Aguilera - Deserve
                                                      05.(15) Taylor Swift - August (Greatest Gainer)
                                                      06.(RE) Beyoncé - Sorry
                                                      07.(RE) Aiden Zhane, Dahlia Sin, Jaida Essence Hall, Jan, Rock M. Sakura, & Sherry Pie - You Don't Know Me
                                                      08.(RE) August Alsina - Porn Star
                                                      09.(NE) Big Sean - Deserve It
                                                      10.(RE) Florence + the Machine - Hunger
                                                      11.(RE) Jordin Sparks - Red Sangria
                                                      12.(RE) Ariana Grande - No Tears Left to Cry
                                                      13.(NE) The Doors - Hello, I Love You
                                                      14.(NE) August Alsina - Kissin' on My Tattoos
                                                      15.(RE) Britney Spears - Toxic
                                                      16.(RE) Lauren Jauregui - Expectations
                                                      17.(RE) Britney Spears - Work Bitch
                                                      18.(RE) P!nk - Courage
                                                      19.(RE) Alessia Cara - Scars to Your Beautiful
                                                      20.(RE) P!nk - Try
                                                      Akini's Top 100 Albums of the Decade: [90-86]

                                                      Comment


                                                      • I haven't heard anything by Big Sean in a long while.
                                                        Waffles are checked cookies

                                                        Comment

                                                        Working...
                                                        X