Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Akini's Daily Top 20: #1 You fronting in them streets, keep saying we just friends...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
    14.(02) Ariana Grande, Miley Cyrus, & Lana Del Rey - Don't Call Me Angel (Biggest Free Faller)
    16.(RE) P!nk - Courage
    17.(RE) Calvin Harris - Open Wide (feat. Big Sean)
    18.(RE) Madonna - Like a Virgin
    19.(RE) Madonna - Justify My Love
    only 6 for today
    Personal Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by Phoenixx View Post
      WUT? :O :O :O
      Yep, I'm finding recently that a number of high-profile collabs are underwhelming.

Originally posted by Phoenixx View Post
      only 6 for today
      And I count even fewer - 5!
      Akini's Top 100 Albums of the Decade: [90-86]

Comment

• Sunday's Top 20 (September 15th)

01.(RE) Amy Winehouse - Back to Black (Best Comeback)
        02.(10) Megan Thee Stallion - Hot Girl Summer (feat. Nicki Minaj & Ty Dolla $ign) (Greatest Gainer)
        03.(RE) ABBA - Voulez-Vous
        04.(RE) Kanye West - Diamonds from Sierra Leone
        05.(RE) Mariah Carey - Butterfly
        06.(RE) Kanye West - I'm in It
        07.(RE) Madonna - Music
        08.(RE) David Guetta - She Wolf (Falling to Pieces) (feat. Sia)
        09.(RE) Madonna - Vogue
        10.(NE) Audra McDonald - She Loves Me: Vanilla Ice-cream (Highest Debut)
        11.(RE) Coldplay - Viva la Vida
        12.(RE) Nicki Minaj - Moment 4 Life (feat. Drake)
        13.(07) Michelle Williams - Tightrope (Biggest Free Faller)
        14.(RE) Janet Jackson - Doesn't Really Matter
        15.(RE) Mariah Carey - Heartbreaker (feat. Jay-Z)
        16.(RE) Rihanna - Don't Stop the Music
        17.(RE) Barbra Streisand - The Way We Were
        18.(RE) Aaliyah - I Care 4 U
        19.(RE) Whitney Houston - All the Man That I Need
        20.(RE) Kanye West - Power

Comment

• 01.(RE) Amy Winehouse - Back to Black (Best Comeback)
          03.(RE) ABBA - Voulez-Vous
          05.(RE) Mariah Carey - Butterfly
          07.(RE) Madonna - Music
          08.(RE) David Guetta - She Wolf (Falling to Pieces) (feat. Sia)
          09.(RE) Madonna - Vogue
          11.(RE) Coldplay - Viva la Vida
          14.(RE) Janet Jackson - Doesn't Really Matter
          15.(RE) Mariah Carey - Heartbreaker (feat. Jay-Z)
          16.(RE) Rihanna - Don't Stop the Music
          19.(RE) Whitney Houston - All the Man That I Need

'Back to Black' is the best thing Amy ever did!
          My YouTube Channel - The best songs of the 80s, 90s and 2000s

Comment

• Yay for Vanilla Ice Cream, glad you liked it. The best thing about it is that the only version is Audra singing live, and it shows you what an incredible vocalist she is.

Comment

• Oh no, don't tell me you're being influenced by [MENTION=22209]Spartan[/MENTION] now (That Audra song is not bad tbh)

Diamonds From Sierra Leone was the first song I ever heard by Kanye; I really liked that one.

I will always be happy to see Amy on a chart

Comment

• Originally posted by Benny View Post
                'Back to Black' is the best thing Amy ever did!
                It really is! It's one of the best songs ever, in my opinion.

Originally posted by Spartan View Post
                Yay for Vanilla Ice Cream, glad you liked it. The best thing about it is that the only version is Audra singing live, and it shows you what an incredible vocalist she is.
                Yeah, she absolutely knocks it out of the park, vocally speaking.

Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
                Oh no, don't tell me you're being influenced by @Spartan now (That Audra song is not bad tbh)

Diamonds From Sierra Leone was the first song I ever heard by Kanye; I really liked that one.

I will always be happy to see Amy on a chart
                Yeah, Pete's introduced me to about 300 or so really quality tunes over the years.

Ah, it is? That's a pretty solid first impression to make.

Yes, Sunday was her birthday! Seeing that on Twitter made me revisit my favourite song of hers.

Comment

• Monday's Top 20 (September 16th)

01.(RE) Lana Del Rey - The Greatest (Best Comeback)
                  02.(RE) Taylor Swift - Daylight
                  03.(RE) Lady Gaga - Bad Romance
                  04.(13) Michelle Williams - Tightrope (Greatest Gainer)
                  05.(04) Kanye West - Diamonds from Sierra Leone (feat. Jay-Z)
                  06.(RE) Delta Goodrem - The River
                  07.(RE) Lizzo - Juice
                  08.(RE) Girls Aloud - The Promise
                  09.(RE) Lady Gaga - Angel Down
                  10.(RE) Mika - Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)
                  11.(RE) Taylor Swift - The Man
                  12.(RE) Sam Smith - How Do You Sleep?
                  13.(08) David Guetta - She Wolf (Falling to Pieces) (feat. Sia)
                  14.(RE) P!nk - Courage
                  15.(RE) Fergie - Big Girls Don't Cry
                  16.(RE) Christina Aguilera - Beautiful
                  17.(RE) Will Young - All the Songs
                  18.(RE) Ava Max - Torn
                  19.(10) Audra McDonald - She Loves Me: Vanilla Ice-cream (Biggest Free Faller)
                  20.(RE) Demi Lovato - Sorry Not Sorry

Comment

And I count even fewer - 5!
                    lol ur right
                    Personal Chart

Comment

01.(RE) Lana Del Rey - The Greatest (Best Comeback)
                      03.(RE) Lady Gaga - Bad Romance5.(04) Kanye West - Diamonds from Sierra Leone (feat. Jay-Z)
                      11.(RE) Taylor Swift - The Man
                      12.(RE) Sam Smith - How Do You Sleep?
                      13.(08) David Guetta - She Wolf (Falling to Pieces) (feat. Sia)
                      15.(RE) Fergie - Big Girls Don't Cry
                      16.(RE) Christina Aguilera - Beautiful
                      20.(RE) Demi Lovato - Sorry Not Sorry
                      Personal Chart

Comment

• I was watching Christina on Kelly and it made me think about her songs. I was thinking how I haven't been listening to ballads much the last couple years, and I remembered how amazing Beautiful is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Phoenixx View Post
                          lol ur right
                          Glad to see you liking nine from the previous day.

Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
                          I was watching Christina on Kelly and it made me think about her songs. I was thinking how I haven't been listening to ballads much the last couple years, and I remembered how amazing Beautiful is.
                          Yeah, I think Christina is the supreme balladeer of her generation. Each of her albums has at least one magnificent ballad. When it's all said and done, "Beautiful" may be her magnum opus, but she has so many incredible ballads, it's insane. Her discography is criminally underrated.

Comment

• Tuesday's Top 20 (September 17th)

01.(RE) Michela - Chameleon (Best Comeback)
                            02.(RE) Mika - We Are Golden
                            03.(RE) Kygo & Whitney Houston - Higher Love
                            04.(RE) Aaliyah - Miss You
                            05.(RE) Mariah Carey - Hero
                            06.(RE) The Supremes - You Can't Hurry Love
                            07.(RE) Janet Jackson - I Get Lonely
                            08.(RE) 3OH!3 - Starstrukk (feat. Katy Perry)
                            09.(RE) Lady Gaga - Paparazzi
                            10.(07) Lizzo - Juice
                            11.(RE) Ariana Grande - Breathin
                            12.(14) P!nk - Courage (Greatest Gainer)
                            13.(RE) Beyoncé - Before I Let Go
                            14.(02) Taylor Swift - Daylight (Biggest Free Faller)
                            15.(RE) The Supremes - I Hear a Symphony
                            16.(RE) Diggy - Text Me (feat. Leven Kali)
                            17.(RE) P!nk - (Hey Why) Miss You Sometime
                            18.(RE) Ari Lennox - BMO
                            19.(RE) Natasha Bedingfield - Pocketful of Sunshine
                            20.(RE) Katy Perry - Roulette

Comment

• Wednesday's Top 20 (September 18th)

01.(06) The Supremes - You Can't Hurry Love (Greatest Gainer)
                              02.(01) Michela - Chameleon
                              03.(RE) Michelle Williams - Tightrope (Best Comeback)
                              04.(RE) Mika - Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)
                              05.(NE) Céline Dion - Imperfections (Highest Debut)
                              06.(RE) Mariah Carey - Heartbreaker (feat. Jay-Z)
                              07.(12) P!nk - Courage
                              08.(NE) Céline Dion - Flying on My Own
                              09.(RE) Lauren Jauregui - Expectations
                              10.(RE) Mariah Carey - Caution
                              11.(RE) Niall Horan - Too Much to Ask
                              12.(RE) Hurts - Beautiful Ones
                              13.(RE) Pat Benatar - Love Is a Battlefield
                              14.(RE) Madonna - Papa Don't Preach
                              15.(RE) Mary J. Blige - Beautiful Ones
                              16.(RE) Justin Bieber - Heartbreaker
                              17.(RE) Fleetwood Mac - Landslide
                              18.(RE) Fergie - Big Girls Don't Cry
                              19.(15) The Supremes - I Hear a Symphony (Biggest Free Faller)
                              20.(NE) Mariah Carey - In the Mix

Comment

• Wow, I saw your thread title and thought of the Supremes, but thought no, it must be a different song. I love so many of their songs. Someday We'll Be Together (which I think is really a solo Diana song) is another favorite. And I see you also have I Hear a Symphony, which was the song that got me started listening to them.

Comment

• Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
                                  Wow, I saw your thread title and thought of the Supremes, but thought no, it must be a different song. I love so many of their songs. Someday We'll Be Together (which I think is really a solo Diana song) is another favorite. And I see you also have I Hear a Symphony, which was the song that got me started listening to them.
                                  They managed to churn out SO many iconic singles in a span of less than 5 years (during their '64-'68 heyday), and "I Hear A Symphony" is among my top-favorites from that glorious phase too.

• "You Can't Hurry Love" feels like a strong contender for their most enduring/memorable smash, though (along with "Stop! In The Name Of Love"). It seems to get referenced and covered a lot (and I vaguely recall it getting a lot of airtime on the "oldies" station I'd tune into as a kid). Diana's voice <3
                                  • I don't monitor Céline as closely as other divas and popstars, so I hadn't really thought about how it's already been six years since her last English album! I added "Flying On My Own" back when steophonic was charting it, but it never got many spins from me, and "Imperfections" is doing much more for me right away!
                                  • "In The Mix" at No. 20 I'm not mad, though, and I don't think it'll fare much better on my chart. There have been some TV show theme songs over the years that can absolutely stand on their own as strong songs, but those are vastly outnumbered by the plethora of merely-serviceable themes, and "In The Mix" undoubtedly falls into the latter category.
                                  • Hopefully ATL's been treating you well (and you're not regretting moving every minute of every day...)

Yet another chart worth waiting for, Akini!
                                  last.fm

Comment

• Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
                                    Wow, I saw your thread title and thought of the Supremes, but thought no, it must be a different song. I love so many of their songs. Someday We'll Be Together (which I think is really a solo Diana song) is another favorite. And I see you also have I Hear a Symphony, which was the song that got me started listening to them.
                                    Yeah, the Supremes are my mom's favourite music act, so I grew up listening to their music. Diana's voice is one of the most comforting ones in music for me.

Originally posted by crystalphoenix View Post
                                    They managed to churn out SO many iconic singles in a span of less than 5 years (during their '64-'68 heyday), and "I Hear A Symphony" is among my top-favorites from that glorious phase too.

Yeah, I feel "I Hear a Symphony" sometimes gets lost in the pack, so great to see both you and CT appreciating it.

• "You Can't Hurry Love" feels like a strong contender for their most enduring/memorable smash, though (along with "Stop! In The Name Of Love"). It seems to get referenced and covered a lot (and I vaguely recall it getting a lot of airtime on the "oldies" station I'd tune into as a kid). Diana's voice <3
                                    Yeah, I believe when I did my all-time favourite songs countdown in 2013, "You Can't Hurry Love" was #36. If I did a redo today, it'd be somewhere around that place again.

• I don't monitor Céline as closely as other divas and popstars, so I hadn't really thought about how it's already been six years since her last English album! I added "Flying On My Own" back when steophonic was charting it, but it never got many spins from me, and "Imperfections" is doing much more for me right away!
                                    Glad to hear you like "Imperfections"! It doesn't seem to be getting that much love in its song thread.

• "In The Mix" at No. 20 I'm not mad, though, and I don't think it'll fare much better on my chart. There have been some TV show theme songs over the years that can absolutely stand on their own as strong songs, but those are vastly outnumbered by the plethora of merely-serviceable themes, and "In The Mix" undoubtedly falls into the latter category.
                                    Yeah, I was shocked by how mediocre it was.

• Hopefully ATL's been treating you well (and you're not regretting moving every minute of every day...)
                                    I still think it's a bit early to make a fair assessment. I think, despite it sometimes feeling a bit much, it was an absolutely necessary change, and a decision that I think I will look back and be happy I made. It's been a bumpy start, though.

Yet another chart worth waiting for, Akini!
                                    Thanks for visiting, Paul!

Comment

• Thursday's Top 20 (September 19th)

01.(RE) The Shirelles - Will You Love Me Tomorrow? (Best Comeback)
                                      02.(RE) Girls Aloud - Untouchable
                                      03.(RE) Lil Nas X - Old Town Road (feat. Billy Ray Cyrus)
                                      04.(03) Michelle Williams - Tightrope
                                      05.(RE) Sia - Bird Set Free
                                      06.(RE) Taylor Swift - The Man
                                      07.(RE) Janet Jackson - Love Will Never Do (Without You)
                                      08.(RE) Taylor Swift - It's Nice to Have a Friend
                                      09.(NE) Carole King - Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow? (Highest Debut)
                                      10.(RE) B.o.B. - Out of My Mind (feat. Nicki Minaj)
                                      11.(07) P!nk - Courage
                                      12.(RE) SWV - Weak
                                      13.(NE) Amy Winehouse - Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow?
                                      14.(NE) Rachel Talbott - Bird Set Free
                                      15.(RE) Dixie Chicks - Not Ready to Make Nice
                                      16.(RE) will.i.am - Scream & Shout (feat. Britney Spears)
                                      17.(RE) Meghan Trainor - No
                                      18.(02) Michela - Chameleon (Biggest Free Faller)
                                      19.(RE) The Supremes - Love Child
                                      20.(RE) Nicki Minaj - Good Form

Comment

• Three different Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow? Is Winehouse also a cover of the song too? Love the Carole King version, and the mash-up they did on Glee with Alanis Morrisette's Head Over Feet.

Untouchable, Tightrope and Love Child. <3

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartan View Post
                                          Three different Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow? Is Winehouse also a cover of the song too? Love the Carole King version, and the mash-up they did on Glee with Alanis Morrisette's Head Over Feet.

Untouchable, Tightrope and Love Child. <3
                                          Yep! Not sure why I'm randomly obsessing over multiple versions of that one and "Bird Set Free". I actually don't remember that Glee mash-up. Will have to revisit it.

I've been playing the long/album/six-minute version of "Untouchable" lately, trying to see why you like it so much. It's interesting because even though I'm not quite sold on it yet, when I go back to the single version, the single version feels a bit...short! Like the song's brilliance needs to be fleshed out a bit more.

Comment

• Friday's Top 20 (September 20th)

01.(07) Janet Jackson - Love Will Never Do (Without You) (Greatest Gainer)
                                            02.(NE) Mika - Dear Jealousy (Highest Debut)
                                            03.(RE) Adam Lambert - Superpower (Best Comeback)
                                            04.(NE) Mika - Sanremo
                                            05.(RE) Ariana Grande - Thank U, Next
                                            06.(02) Girls Aloud - Untouchable (Biggest Free Faller)
                                            07.(05) Sia - Bird Set Free
                                            08.(RE) Robyn - Dancing on My Own
                                            09.(RE) Carrie Underwood - Before He Cheats
                                            10.(RE) Janet Jackson - Miss You Much
                                            11.(RE) Ariana Grande, Miley Cyrus, & Lana Del Rey - Don't Call Me Angel
                                            12.(NE) Coldplay - Yellow
                                            13.(RE) Rihanna - Diamonds
                                            14.(NE) Keala Settle - Bird Set Free
                                            15.(NE) Alicia Keys - Show Me Love (feat. Miguel)
                                            16.(RE) Janet Jackson - Someday Is Tonight
                                            17.(RE) Adele - Tired
                                            18.(RE) Janet Jackson - Rhythm Nation
                                            19.(RE) Lady Gaga - LoveGame
                                            20.(NE) Mandy Moore - When I Wasn't Watching

Comment

• Love your #1 and will always stan Robyn’s DOMO.

Comment

• Untouchable is such a dreamy bop! I miss those times!

I need to check out the new stuff by Mika.

2019 Year End Charts: The 20/20 Experience

Comment

• Originally posted by Thriller View Post
                                                  Love your #1 and will always stan Robyn’s DOMO.
                                                  Yes, it's such a classic!

Originally posted by LOVE+FEAR View Post
                                                  Untouchable is such a dreamy bop! I miss those times!

I need to check out the new stuff by Mika.

Yes, "Untouchable" is otherworldly epic.

Comment

• Saturday's Top 20 (September 21st)

01.(11) Ariana Grande, Miley Cyrus, & Lana Del Rey - Don't Call Me Angel (Greatest Gainer)
                                                    02.(02) Mika - Dear Jealousy
                                                    03.(RE) Lady Gaga - Shallow (Best Comeback)
                                                    04.(01) Janet Jackson - Love Will Never Do (Without You)
                                                    05.(RE) Ariana Grande - Let Me Love You (feat. Lil Wayne)
                                                    06.(RE) Rita Ora - Let You Love Me
                                                    07.(RE) Miley Cyrus - Two More Lonely People
                                                    08.(04) Mika - Sanremo
                                                    09.(NE) Rob Thomas - Can't Help Me Now (Highest Debut)
                                                    10.(RE) Britney Spears - Piece of Me
                                                    11.(RE) Sia - Clap Your Hands
                                                    12.(08) Robyn - Dancing on My Own (Biggest Free Faller)
                                                    13.(RE) The Supremes - You Can't Hurry Love
                                                    14.(RE) The Shirelles - Will You Love Me Tomorrow
                                                    15.(NE) 5 Seconds of Summer - Teeth
                                                    16.(RE) Ava Max - Torn
                                                    17.(NE) John Newman & Nina Nesbitt - Without You
                                                    18.(RE) P!nk - Courage
                                                    19.(RE) En Vogue - Rocket
                                                    20.(RE) Britney Spears - Gimme More

Comment

• Sunday's Top 20 (September 22nd)

01.(02) Mika - Dear Jealousy
                                                      02.(RE) Whitney Houston - It's Not Right but It's Okay (Best Comeback)
                                                      03.(RE) will.i.am - Scream & Shout (feat. Britney Spears)
                                                      04.(03) Lady Gaga - Shallow (Biggest Free Faller)
                                                      05.(RE) Kygo & Whitney Houston - Higher Love
                                                      06.(RE) Whitney Houston - I Wanna Dance with Somebody (Who Loves Me)
                                                      07.(RE) Aretha Franklin - (You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman
                                                      08.(17) John Newman & Nina Nesbitt - Without You (Greatest Gainer)
                                                      09.(RE) Ariana Grande - No Tears Left to Cry
                                                      10.(15) 5 Seconds of Summer - Teeth
                                                      11.(NE) Tiësto, Jonas Blue, & Rita Ora - Ritual (Highest Debut)
                                                      12.(RE) The Shirelles - Will You Love Me Tomorrow
                                                      13.(RE) Demi Lovato - Cool for the Summer
                                                      14.(RE) Lauren Jauregui - Expectations
                                                      15.(NE) Blithe - Masochistic
                                                      16.(RE) Jennifer Lopez - On the Floor (feat. Pitbull)
                                                      17.(RE) Alicia Keys - Show Me Love (feat. Miguel)
                                                      18.(RE) Coldplay - Yellow
                                                      19.(RE) Maren Morris - To Hell & Back
                                                      20.(RE) Rita Ora - Anywhere

Comment

• I'm late, but I still need to mention how I loved seeing Michela's "Chameleon" making a re-entry atop your chart a few days ago! Did it already topped your charts previously or was this its first day at #1?

From your latest chart, I love those re-entries for Whitney. Some real classics there!
                                                        Also nice to see "Scream & Shout" back. The song is kinda terrible but so addictive

Comment

• Originally posted by Tansike View Post
                                                          I'm late, but I still need to mention how I loved seeing Michela's "Chameleon" making a re-entry atop your chart a few days ago! Did it already topped your charts previously or was this its first day at #1?

From your latest chart, I love those re-entries for Whitney. Some real classics there!
                                                          Also nice to see "Scream & Shout" back. The song is kinda terrible but so addictive
                                                          Yeah, "Chameleon" was #1 back in late April, when I discovered it through you! So thanks again for that.

"Scream & Shout" actually sounds better now that it did back then, funnily enough.

Comment

• Monday's Top 20 (September 23rd)

01.(RE) Amy Winehouse - Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow? (Best Comeback)
                                                            02.(RE) Girls Aloud - The Promise
                                                            03.(RE) Taylor Swift - Everything Has Changed (feat. Ed Sheeran)
                                                            04.(RE) Panic! At the Disco - High Hopes
                                                            05.(RE) Girls Aloud - Untouchable
                                                            06.(RE) Delta Goodrem - Wings
                                                            07.(RE) Lorde - Green Light
                                                            08.(20) Rita Ora - Anywhere (Greatest Gainer)
                                                            09.(RE) Madonna - Deeper and Deeper
                                                            10.(RE) Whitney Houston - So Emotional
                                                            11.(RE) Glee Cast - Rumour Has It/Someone Like You
                                                            12.(03) will.i.am - Scream & Shout (feat. Britney Spears) (Biggest Free Faller)
                                                            13.(RE) Kelly Clarkson - How I Feel
                                                            14.(RE) Kylie Minogue - Wow
                                                            15.(RE) Little Mix - Wings
                                                            16.(RE) Michelle Williams - Tightrope
                                                            17.(RE) Sia - Bird Set Free
                                                            18.(RE) Girls Aloud - Sound of the Underground
                                                            19.(RE) Kelly Clarkson - My Life Would Suck Without You
                                                            20.(RE) P!nk - Courage

Comment

• After listening to the Winehouse version, it's probably my least favourite of the ones I've now heard but I'm not a massive fan of her voice at times. I'd definitely chose the Carole King version as my favourite, then the Glee, Shirelles and then Winehouse - but the song itself is so fantastic. Obvs all the Glee, Girls Aloud and Delta is great here too.

Comment

Working...
                                                              X