Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paulboard Top 30 | 01.20.23 | I'm so mature, I'm so mature, I'm so mature...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by crystalphoenix View Post
    Hype! Where are you headed? (You should use the flights to spend some time with The Loneliest Time in its entirety, tbh).
    I am leaving for Hawaii on New Year's Eve! I'm so excited! And the cheeseball in me loves that I get to close the door behind you all on 2022. I'll be there for two weeks.

    Originally posted by crystalphoenix View Post
    Yeah, poor Mimi fell straight off a cliff (I might've jinxed her back when I was saying how I hadn't gotten sick of the song yet, despite Halloween being behind us. Whoops)!
    She's also taken her swan dive off my chart unfortunately, Perhaps this is a lesson to everyone to get their Halloween entries in earlier next year!

    As for your current chart, Weapons isn't quite as strong for me, but we'll see where I stand after Christmas. Nice to see both Tove and Anti-Hero rebounding. In fact, your top three is flames. I'm not crazy about Crumbs, but always here for a comeback story - did Rebecca chart before on your chart - maybe with Friday? Also, why do you hate Beach House with every fiber of your being?

    Comment


    • One song at a time - I just played "I Do You" and it's good.

      Yay at my "Swine" impact - words I didn't expect to type on this good Sunday.

      01 (04) 02 | "Weapons" - Ava Max | 1 (1) | [G]
      02 (03) 05 | "Anti-Hero" - Taylor Swift | 2 | [P]
      03 (01) 05 | "I Do You" - Anna Of The North | 1 (1) | [P]
      06 (02) 05 | "Surrender My Heart" - Carly Rae Jepsen | 1 (1) | [P]
      07 (10) 06 | "Grapefruit" - Tove Lo | 1 (1) | [P]
      08 (06) 05 | "Hits Different" - Taylor Swift | 1 (1) | [P]
      11 (13) 05 | "Keep Away" - Carly Rae Jepsen | 5 | [G]
      12 (12) 06 | "Midnight Rain" - Taylor Swift | 1 (1) | [G]
      16 (11) 05 | "Lavender Haze" - Taylor Swift | 7 | [G]
      17 (08) 05 | "Bejeweled" - Taylor Swift | 4 | [P]
      18 (14) 07 | "The Loneliest Time" - Carly Rae Jepsen ft. Rufus Wainwright | 4 | [P]
      19 (15) 10 | "Talking To Yourself" - Carly Rae Jepsen | 1 (2) | [P]
      20 (R-) 04 | "Diva" - La Rappresentante Di Lista | 2 | [G]
      22 (R-) 05 | "Swine" - Lady Gaga | 4 | [P]
      23 (R-) 09 | "Hurricanes" - Rina Sawayama | 1 (2) | [2xP]
      26 (22) 04 | "Question...?" - Taylor Swift | 8 | [G]
      29 (R-) 11 | "Hold The Girl" - Rina Sawayama | 1 (1) | [2xP]
      30 (R-) 08 | "Message In A Bottle (Taylor's Version) (Fat Max G Remix)" - Taylor Swift | 1 (1) | [P]
      Akini's Top 100 Albums of All-Time: [#1]
      Akini's Top 100 Songs of 2022: [#1]
      Akini's Top 25 Albums of 2022: [#1]
      Akini's Top 25 Artists of 2022: [#1]
      Akini's Favourite Music Videos: [#1]
      Your Billboard Top Ten: #1 Anti-Hero [6 weeks]
      AlbumClash 2.0: [SZA vs. Bruce Springsteen]

      "These gays, they're trying to murder me."

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Blondini View Post
        Wow. That's very high for Crumbs. I wouldn't rank it as high as some of Banks or FKA Twigs which she's clearly following in style.
        If it's any consolation, FKA did make it to No. 1 before Rebecca (thanks to "Tears In The Club") Admittedly, I don't know FKA's or Banks's catalogs well at all. Do you have any recommendations from them that are similar-but-superior to "Crumbs"?

        Thanks again, Blondini!

        last.fmPaulboard Top 30

        Comment


        • Originally posted by heppolo View Post
          "Diva" is a very sticky tune, might be ending up quite high on my YE chart.
          It really is! flopho's chart introduced me to another new song featuring La Rappresentante Di Lista, which put "Diva" back on my brain in a big way.

          Originally posted by heppolo View Post
          What can I say? Yay for Rose Gray
          She's been making the UKMIX Personal Chart rounds, and now I've finally hopped on board. I'm enjoying her "Cupid" too, just not quiiite enough to crack the Top 30 (yet).

          Thanks again, heppolo!

          last.fmPaulboard Top 30

          Comment


          • Originally posted by RayRay View Post
            Yeah! Great to see Ava Max all the way up at #1.
            I surprised myself when I saw the play count totals last Friday "Weapons" is sticking with me way more than I expected (and our combined powers got it all the way to the UKMIX Parade Top 3)!

            Thanks again, RayRay!

            last.fmPaulboard Top 30

            Comment


            • Originally posted by flopho View Post
              01 (04) 02 | "Weapons" - Ava Max | 1 (1) | [G] - growing on me lately!
              It really grew on me too! When it first dropped, I thought it was easily the weakest/most forgettable of the Diamonds & Dancefloors singles so far, but then I kept coming back to it again and again (and again). Definitely cheesy/cliché, but surprisingly effective.

              Originally posted by flopho View Post
              05 (N-) 01 | "Crumbs" - Rebecca Black | 5 - probably her best song to this date? excited for the album, especially to see if it's more dark pop or hyperpop or something else
              Yeah, I'll be keeping a closer eye on her releases now.

              Originally posted by flopho View Post
              10 (N-) 01 | "Attraverso Te" - Marco Mengoni ft. La Rappresentante Di Lista | 10 - yass another Italian smash on your charts!
              You came through as Italian Pop Ambassador once again! LRDL seem to have the Midas Touch.

              Originally posted by flopho View Post
              20 (R-) 04 | "Diva" - La Rappresentante Di Lista | 2 | [G] - This was pretty close to re-entering my chart this week, too, the chorus is so infectious
              Impossible NOT to single along (and that intro >>>)

              Originally posted by flopho View Post
              25 (N-) 01 | "Fake It" - SIIGHTS | 25 - great to see this here, really hoping this song gets more exposure in the future!
              I get some HAIM vibes from them (which is definitely a good thing).

              Thanks again, flopho!
              last.fmPaulboard Top 30

              Comment


              • Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
                I am leaving for Hawaii on New Year's Eve! I'm so excited! And the cheeseball in me loves that I get to close the door behind you all on 2022. I'll be there for two weeks.
                Kicking off 2023 with two. weeks. in. Hawaii?! Now THAT'S how to ring in the New Year right! Promise to show off your tan when you return?

                Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
                As for your current chart, Weapons isn't quite as strong for me, but we'll see where I stand after Christmas. Nice to see both Tove and Anti-Hero rebounding. In fact, your top three is flames. I'm not crazy about Crumbs, but always here for a comeback story - did Rebecca chart before on your chart - maybe with Friday? Also, why do you hate Beach House with every fiber of your being?
                "Crumbs" is Rebecca's first appearance as the lead artist (though she did appear on a remix of MØ's "New Moon" earlier this year). "Friday" was fun as a viral sensation/meme, but I never felt compelled to actually play it much on my own.

                As for "Beach House"...it's because you've never invited me to yours but really, there's a lot of cute/clever ideas in the song, the execution just doesn't work for me. I don't find the chorus very catchy (especially the way she shouts the start of every line: "BOYS around the world, I want to believe that, WHEN you chase a girl..."). Having the jerks she's describing in the lyrics actually chime in themselves at the end of the chorus and throughout the bridge is an interesting concept, but doesn't make for a particularly pleasant listening experience. I'll always celebrate Carly Rae's success around UKMIX, but this specific song is toward the bottom of her latest album for me.

                Thanks again, CT!
                last.fmPaulboard Top 30

                Comment


                • Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
                  One song at a time - I just played "I Do You" and it's good.
                  Yes! Not to bombard you with too many recs (no rush), but several other UKMIXers seem to prefer her "Nobody" over "I Do You."

                  Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
                  Yay at my "Swine" impact - words I didn't expect to type on this good Sunday.
                  Ha, yeah, it's not exactly the most flattering thing to tell someone "You inspired me to play 'Swine' a ton!" so I'll just say...your epic Top 100 Albums thread impacted my listening habits once again.

                  Thanks again, Akini!
                  last.fmPaulboard Top 30

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by crystalphoenix View Post
                    If it's any consolation, FKA did make it to No. 1 before Rebecca (thanks to "Tears In The Club") Admittedly, I don't know FKA's or Banks's catalogs well at all. Do you have any recommendations from them that are similar-but-superior to "Crumbs"?

                    Thanks again, Blondini!
                    oh in terms of Banks, virtually everything! Twigs has gone off the boil recently. The first Banks album is a masterpiece.

                    Comment


                    • Paulboard Top 30
                      Chart Date: 12/02/22

                      • Year-end reminiscing randomness has already begun, which helps Hatchie's "This Enchanted" surge back to No. 1 for a third frame. Elsewhere on the chart, you'll find a Love Sux Deluxe Edition impact and RENAISSANCE Survivor effect as well.



                      TW | LW | WKS ON | TITLE | ARTIST | PEAK | CERT

                      01 (09) 10 | "This Enchanted" - Hatchie | 1 (3) | [2xP]
                      02 (02) 06 | "Anti-Hero" - Taylor Swift | 2 | [P]
                      03 (18) 08 | "The Loneliest Time" - Carly Rae Jepsen ft. Rufus Wainwright | 3 | [P]
                      04 (05) 02 | "Crumbs" - Rebecca Black | 4
                      05 (01) 03 | "Weapons" - Ava Max | 1 (1) | [G]
                      06 (08) 06 | "Hits Different" - Taylor Swift | 1 (1) | [P]
                      07 (R-) 02 | "I'm A Mess" - Avril Lavigne ft. YUNGBLUD | 7
                      08 (R-) 06 | "Kiss Me Like The World Is Ending" - Avril Lavigne | 2 | [P]
                      09 (10) 02 | "Attraverso Te" - Marco Mengoni ft. La Rappresentante Di Lista | 9
                      10 (06) 06 | "Surrender My Heart" - Carly Rae Jepsen | 1 (1) | [P]
                      11 (11) 06 | "Keep Away" - Carly Rae Jepsen | 5 | [G]
                      12 (20) 05 | "Diva" - La Rappresentante Di Lista | 2 | [G]
                      13 (R-) 12 | "Cuff It" - Beyoncé | 3 | [2xP]
                      14 (23) 10 | "Hurricanes" - Rina Sawayama | 1 (2) | [2xP]
                      15 (21) 04 | "Nobody" - Anna Of The North | 13 | [G]
                      16 (03) 06 | "I Do You" - Anna Of The North | 1 (1) | [P]
                      17 (N-) 01 | "Virgo's Groove" - Beyoncé | 17
                      18 (25) 02 | "Fake It" - SIIGHTS | 18
                      19 (N-) 01 | "Mercury In Retrograde" - Avril Lavigne | 19
                      20 (N-) 01 | "Pity Party" - Avril Lavigne | 20
                      21 (N-) 01 | "One Step At A Time" - Jordin Sparks | 21
                      22 (29) 12 | "Hold The Girl" - Rina Sawayama | 1 (1) | [2xP]
                      23 (07) 07 | "Grapefruit" - Tove Lo | 1 (1) | [P]
                      24 (17) 06 | "Bejeweled" - Taylor Swift | 4 | [P]
                      25 (R-) 05 | "Alien Superstar" - Beyoncé | 20 | [G]
                      26 (R-) 02 | "Cozy" - Beyoncé | 22 | [G]
                      27 (15) 02 | "Promise Me" - Rose Gray | 15
                      28 (R-) 04 | "Bends" - Carly Rae Jepsen | 21 | [G]
                      29 (R-) 17 | "'Tis The Damn Season" - Taylor Swift | 1 (2) | [2xP]
                      30 (R-) 06 | "Waste Of Emotion" - ELIO | 2 | [P]

                      [GOLD] = 25+ total plays
                      [PLAT] = 50+ total plays
                      last.fmPaulboard Top 30

                      Comment


                      • Jordin Sparks... One Step At A Time. Such a great song. Really catchy and I love the lyrics. Her best song (with No Air).
                        My most streamed artists: 1. Mariah 2. Madonna 3. Debbie Gibson 4. Céline Dion 5. Lara Fabian 6. Kylie 7. Meghan Trainor 8. Whitney 9. Ariana Grande 10. Tina Arena 11. Sam Smith 12. Janet Jackson

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by crystalphoenix View Post
                          Yeah, I have a handful of Kim's collabs in my library (with Charli, Cheat Codes, Kygo), but I never took an active interest in her material (I mostly just noticed the general online buzz around her being the biggest trans popstar). What are your favorites from her so far?
                          Ah, sorry, in the meantime I already recommended her song Icy over in my topic - but if you have time for more, I'd truly recommend to check out her whole album Clarity. It's one of these Charli XCX / Tove Lo esque Pop records and sounds good from start to finish, plus it's also not too long (38 minutes).

                          Originally posted by crystalphoenix View Post
                          **Bows** Thank you, thank you The drastic shift in people's perceptions of her on here feels especially weird, since UKMIX is the reason I was introduced to her/got into her in the first place, and now it's a place where people just line up to take cheap shots at her. **Shrug** (Fickle gays...)
                          Yeah, Ellie has been such an "IT girl" for some time on here, people loved her so much and now this? Kinda similar like with Ed Sheeran or Sam Smith, but even in a bigger change as these two never got as much love as Ellie did. Anyways, it is what it is... at least she still got us who keep supporting her

                          Originally posted by crystalphoenix View Post
                          It's cute, playful, uplifting - VERY Meghan. Her charms/style just don't hit me as hard as they did when she first broke through, and it also lacks the variety she started exploring on her last couple albums (especially Treat Myself). So yeah...Takin' It Back is fine, it's fun, and I'm glad it's given her another hit single on official charts - I might just be too much of a bitter old man now to get as swept up in her adorkable feel-good shtick as I did in the past Still rooting for her, though!
                          Totally get your points... I think the going back to her original sound is why more people are vibing with her again, and it's refreshing to see how she made it through TikTok with Made You Look as well. Interesting enough, you seem to have the same feelings towards her that I experience towards Carly these days.

                          ...

                          Wow, this is already like the third or fourth week for Anti-Hero at #2, right? Glad she's holding up this well - but would love to see her getting one spot higher to finally grab another #1! But I imagine with all the year-end stuff starting to make an impact soon, it will be difficult. Overall it's nice to see some of Taylor's songs still charting, Midnights truly turned into one of the best albums of 2022 despite its late release date.

                          Woah, Weapons has been doing so well for you, glad for Ava! We've been talking about how her stuff isn't clicking with us the same anymore, but it looks like she truly won you over again with Weapons and the song will also experience a nice climb for me this week, so that comes so well with the soon-ish album release!

                          Great to see Crumbs doing well - who would've thought?
                          And good debut for Virgo's Groove. I guess that one wasn't among your faves of Renaissance, but the album survivor must've helped?

                          What caused the Swine re-entry for Gaga last week? Looove that song, so nice to see it having a Platinum certification.

                          Final shoutout goes out to Ilira's Clean Break that peaked at #14 a week ago!! So happy she made that appearance, definitely a great Pop tune and similar to Ava (as you already said yourself) in the best possible way.

                          Comment


                          • Great to see Hatchie scoring a #1 here, I should probably give her whole discography a few spins and not just Quicksand
                            Jordin debuting with 'One Step at a Time' is a major surprise, I really loved the holy trinity of 'One Step at a Time', 'Battlefield' and 'Tattoo' back then
                            Ne me cherche pas, je ne suis plus là, baby

                            Comment


                            • Nice climb for CRJ, great to see Rebecca in another top 5!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                                Jordin Sparks... One Step At A Time. Such a great song. Really catchy and I love the lyrics. Her best song (with No Air).
                                For sure, such a perfect pick-me-up! Akini's Top 100 Albums countdown got around to covering Jordin's debut, and "One Step At A Time" is probably my favorite on there too. My chart didn't exist during that era, but I was surprised to check my archives and see that song hadn't randomly entered at all in the years since then (until now). I guess I don't give Jordin the "recurrent airplay" she deserves.

                                Thanks again, RayRay!
                                last.fmPaulboard Top 30

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by Tansike View Post
                                  Ah, sorry, in the meantime I already recommended her song Icy over in my topic - but if you have time for more, I'd truly recommend to check out her whole album Clarity. It's one of these Charli XCX / Tove Lo esque Pop records and sounds good from start to finish, plus it's also not too long (38 minutes).
                                  Ha, you really know how to pique my interest with the Charli and Tove comparisons I probably won't get to it just yet (especially if SZA drops her album soon), but I'll keep it in mind for the typically-slow early months of 2023. Thanks!

                                  Originally posted by Tansike View Post
                                  Totally get your points... I think the going back to her original sound is why more people are vibing with her again, and it's refreshing to see how she made it through TikTok with Made You Look as well. Interesting enough, you seem to have the same feelings towards her that I experience towards Carly these days.
                                  Sad, but fair Hopefully you can give TLT another chance sometime, since it's definitely grown on me even more.

                                  Originally posted by Tansike View Post
                                  ...Wow, this is already like the third or fourth week for Anti-Hero at #2, right? Glad she's holding up this well - but would love to see her getting one spot higher to finally grab another #1! But I imagine with all the year-end stuff starting to make an impact soon, it will be difficult. Overall it's nice to see some of Taylor's songs still charting, Midnights truly turned into one of the best albums of 2022 despite its late release date.
                                  Good catch! If "Anti-Hero" doesn't manage to climb higher than No. 2, it'll be the first song to ever spend four weeks at a No. 2 peak (the previous record was three, held by several songs).

                                  Originally posted by Tansike View Post
                                  .Woah, Weapons has been doing so well for you, glad for Ava! We've been talking about how her stuff isn't clicking with us the same anymore, but it looks like she truly won you over again with Weapons and the song will also experience a nice climb for me this week, so that comes so well with the soon-ish album release!
                                  Ha, yeah, I feel a bit fickle for changing my tune about the era so abruplty (but I'm glad it happened). Honestly, a lot of my interest in music tends to be more emotional than rational, so sometimes something just clicks in my head (& my heart) for reasons I don't fully understand myself.

                                  Originally posted by Tansike View Post
                                  And good debut for Virgo's Groove. I guess that one wasn't among your faves of Renaissance, but the album survivor must've helped?
                                  Exactly! I'd thought it was too long/bloated/repetitive, but seeing how many UKMIXers consider it one of (if not THE) best tracks on the album inspired me to sit with it more, and I do appreciate it slightly more now.

                                  Originally posted by Tansike View Post
                                  What caused the Swine re-entry for Gaga last week? Looove that song, so nice to see it having a Platinum certification.
                                  Akini covered ARTPOP in his Top 100 Albums list, and "Swine" was one of my ARTPOP faves that he didn't mention at all in his review, so I had to gush about it a bit (and spin it again a few times).

                                  Originally posted by Tansike View Post
                                  Final shoutout goes out to Ilira's Clean Break that peaked at #14 a week ago!! So happy she made that appearance, definitely a great Pop tune and similar to Ava (as you already said yourself) in the best possible way.
                                  Sorry it didn't last longer here but your chart played a key role in helping it reach that peak!

                                  Thanks again, Tancel!
                                  last.fmPaulboard Top 30

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by flopho View Post
                                    Great to see Hatchie scoring a #1 here, I should probably give her whole discography a few spins and not just Quicksand
                                    I still haven't dove into her earlier albums/EPs either, but I can confidently say that Giving The World Away is worth exploring in full (knowing you like "Quicksand," and maybe "This Enchanted" too). It's among my Top 15 most-played albums this year (which I guess isn't THAT strong of an endorsement but it really is a satisfying, consistent/cohesive listening experience).

                                    Originally posted by flopho View Post
                                    Jordin debuting with 'One Step at a Time' is a major surprise, I really loved the holy trinity of 'One Step at a Time', 'Battlefield' and 'Tattoo' back then
                                    Ha, I surprised myself when I checked and saw that I'd never charted it before (since I consider it one of my Jordin Sparks faves too). My chart didn't exist during her debut album era, but I thought it had randomly popped up at least once or twice in all the years since then. Akini's Top 100 Albums list was responsible for putting it back on my brain this time.

                                    Thanks again, flopho!
                                    last.fmPaulboard Top 30

                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by Thriller View Post
                                      Nice climb for CRJ, great to see Rebecca in another top 5!
                                      Just when I thought "The Loneliest Time" would be running out of steam, it really reeled me in again! Also loving "Crumbs"s Personal Charts takeover.

                                      Thanks again, Thriller!

                                      last.fmPaulboard Top 30

                                      Comment


                                      • Great to see Hatchie at #1
                                        Waffles are checked cookies

                                        Comment


                                        • Originally posted by heppolo View Post
                                          Great to see Hatchie at #1
                                          Yeah, the release of "Nosedive" wound up helping "This Enchanted" more (and the start of Year-End Countdown Season had me in the mood to revisit it, being one of 2022's biggest hits on my chart).

                                          Thanks again, heppolo!

                                          last.fmPaulboard Top 30

                                          Comment


                                          • Paulboard Top 30
                                            Chart Date: 12/09/22

                                            • Taylor's "Anti-Hero" finally fights its way to the top, leaving "Cardigan" as her only lead single (in the Paulboard era) to never reach No. 1. Meanwhile, the Deluxe Edition release of ELIO'S INFERNO brings several songs from this year's biggest Paulboard breakout star back onto the chart.



                                            TW | LW | WKS ON | TITLE | ARTIST | PEAK | CERT

                                            01 (02) 07 | "Anti-Hero" - Taylor Swift | 1 (1) | [P]
                                            02 (04) 03 | "Crumbs" - Rebecca Black | 2 | [G]
                                            03 (06) 07 | "Hits Different" - Taylor Swift | 1 (1) | [P]
                                            04 (R-) 11 | "Superimpose" - ELIO | 1 (1) | [2xP]
                                            05 (R-) 04 | "New And Improved" - ELIO | 5 | [G]
                                            06 (R-) 07 | "9 Lives" - ELIO | 3 | [P]
                                            07 (R-) 05 | "Vitamins" - ELIO | 7 | [G]
                                            08 (N-) 01 | "Look At You" - Rebecca Black | 8
                                            09 (05) 04 | "Weapons" - Ava Max | 1 (1) | [G]
                                            10 (N-) 01 | "Christmas Star" - Debbie Gibson | 10
                                            11 (R-) 03 | "Off My Chest" - ELIO | 11
                                            12 (03) 09 | "The Loneliest Time" - Carly Rae Jepsen ft. Rufus Wainwright | 3 | [P]
                                            13 (07) 03 | "I'm A Mess" - Avril Lavigne ft. YUNGBLUD | 7
                                            14 (29) 18 | "'Tis The Damn Season" - Taylor Swift | 1 (2) | [2xP]
                                            15 (N-) 01 | "Rich Like That" - ELIO | 15
                                            16 (14) 11 | "Hurricanes" - Rina Sawayama | 1 (2) | [2xP]
                                            17 (R-) 08 | "Last Xmas" - Allie X | 2 | [P]
                                            18 (N-) 01 | "Flowers" - Joan | 18
                                            19 (01) 11 | "This Enchanted" - Hatchie | 1 (3) | [2xP]
                                            20 (08) 07 | "Kiss Me Like The World Is Ending" - Avril Lavigne | 2 | [P]
                                            21 (R-) 07 | "Inferno" - ELIO | 1 (1) | [P]
                                            22 (N-) 01 | "Jingle Those Bells" - Debbie Gibson | 22
                                            23 (18) 03 | "Fake It" - SIIGHTS | 18
                                            24 (R-) 11 | "Christmas Tree Farm" - Taylor Swift | 1 (2) | [P]
                                            25 (09) 03 | "Attraverso Te" - Marco Mengoni ft. La Rappresentante Di Lista | 9
                                            26 (R-) 02 | "Apart" - Camden Cox | 15
                                            27 (11) 07 | "Keep Away" - Carly Rae Jepsen | 5 | [G]
                                            28 (N-) 01 | "C'est Si Bon" - Eartha Kitt | 28
                                            29 (N-) 01 | "Un Millón" - The Marias | 29
                                            30 (22) 13 | "Hold The Girl" - Rina Sawayama | 1 (1) | [2xP]

                                            [GOLD] = 25+ total plays
                                            [PLAT] = 50+ total plays
                                            last.fmPaulboard Top 30

                                            Comment


                                            • I'm pleased Taylor finally got her moment to shine, even if we didn't match up when we both did it.

                                              Look like someone needed a little Christmas and got his fix with Debbie Gibson; have you been hanging out with RayRay?

                                              Comment


                                              • Originally posted by crystalphoenix View Post
                                                Ha, you really know how to pique my interest with the Charli and Tove comparisons I probably won't get to it just yet (especially if SZA drops her album soon), but I'll keep it in mind for the typically-slow early months of 2023. Thanks!
                                                Of course I do, haha. Though, the comparison actually work well IMO (probably also why they all already worked together in the past). Ah, yeah, SZA just dropped an album. I hope it can live up to your expectations.

                                                Originally posted by crystalphoenix View Post
                                                Sad, but fair Hopefully you can give TLT another chance sometime, since it's definitely grown on me even more.
                                                I try to give it another chance over the Christmas break.

                                                Originally posted by crystalphoenix View Post
                                                Good catch! If "Anti-Hero" doesn't manage to climb higher than No. 2, it'll be the first song to ever spend four weeks at a No. 2 peak (the previous record was three, held by several songs).
                                                Wow, Taylor still snatching records

                                                Originally posted by crystalphoenix View Post
                                                Ha, yeah, I feel a bit fickle for changing my tune about the era so abruplty (but I'm glad it happened). Honestly, a lot of my interest in music tends to be more emotional than rational, so sometimes something just clicks in my head (& my heart) for reasons I don't fully understand myself.
                                                But that's fantastic!! Sometimes I feel like my interest is more rational and compiling a chart may also be a reason for that. But in the end, music can give you so many emotions and that's why music exists in the first place IMO, to get emotions from it. So if something suddenly clicks out of nowhere, isn't that a beautiful thing? I think it is!

                                                Speaking about that... you do have some favorite artists, so are there scenarios where artists do better on your charts with songs you're not totally feeling but because the song is by one of your favorite artists they do well automatically (at least in the debut week or so)?


                                                Originally posted by crystalphoenix View Post
                                                Akini covered ARTPOP in his Top 100 Albums list, and "Swine" was one of my ARTPOP faves that he didn't mention at all in his review, so I had to gush about it a bit (and spin it again a few times).
                                                Ah, love that! Swine has always been Top5 material on Artpop. I just love how Lady Gaga has truly cemented her status as a legendary Pop artists these days, these "random" re-entries prove that, there's always something to go back to in her discography and it's always so enjoyable. Also, side note, but I loooove how Bloody Mary randomly becomes a hit now.

                                                ...

                                                YASSS Anti-Hero It does have a pretty fantastic chartrun here now, good for it!
                                                iirc Taylor is already among the artists with most #1s on your chart (or even the most?) so I wonder how Anti-Hero reaching #1 this week may have changed something about that list?

                                                Solid debut for Look At You by Rebecca. Crumbs is still the better song, but Look At You is definitely another good tune from her. I especially like how it picks up its tempo at some point.

                                                I definitely need to give Taylor's Christmas Tree Farm a chance this year, as I paid it dust in the past. Impressive how it topped your chart at one point! Is Christmas music a thing for you?

                                                Comment


                                                • Amazing week for ELIO, I suppose it's the deluxe version release impact?
                                                  So great to see Crumbs doing well here, meanwhile Look At You is nice but didn't manage to grab my attention the way Crumbs did.
                                                  Yaay at the debut for joan! It's the first time I've heard from them, I checked a few other songs but so far I haven't found anything as good as Flowers.

                                                  And now the biggest surprise, Un Millon! That is definitely one of my favorites of 2022 such a catchy beat, gotta say thanks to heppolo for including it in his charts.
                                                  Ne me cherche pas, je ne suis plus là, baby

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Great to see two of my favorite Debbie Gibson Christmas songs in your latest chart. Taste!
                                                    My most streamed artists: 1. Mariah 2. Madonna 3. Debbie Gibson 4. Céline Dion 5. Lara Fabian 6. Kylie 7. Meghan Trainor 8. Whitney 9. Ariana Grande 10. Tina Arena 11. Sam Smith 12. Janet Jackson

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X