Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paulboard Top 30 | 02.03.23 | feels so good I had to jump the octave...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impressed with Mimi's hold! Especially in this crush of Taylor, Rina, and Carly songs. I don't know why I have no interest in checking out Carly - I did hear BeachHouse in the FSC a couple months ago and really really really really really really liked it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blondini View Post
      Have the new Anti-Hero mixes had an effect?

Yay Mastermind.
      Kind of, in the sense that her bid to hold onto the Hot 100 No. 1 by releasing them kept the song at the forefront of my mind, but I didn't properly dive into most of them until today (past the chart deadline). I don't foresee them making the same Paulboard splash that some of the "Willow" mixes did.

"Mastermind" has a lot of great lines (including the cute "plot twist" at the end). Definitely a strong closer to the standard edition.

Thanks again, Blondini!
      last.fmPaulboard Top 30

Comment

• Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
        Impressed with Mimi's hold! Especially in this crush of Taylor, Rina, and Carly songs. I don't know why I have no interest in checking out Carly - I did hear BeachHouse in the FSC a couple months ago and really really really really really really liked it.
        We all have our shortcomings/blindspots, but what's important is awareness and working to improve them as best we can I'm sure Akini would love to have you join him (alongside several other UKMIXers) in the "Beach House" Brigade (and I'll always celebrate seeing more Carly Rae on your chart). I also appreciate your clever nod to another CRJ classic. "all I wanna do is get into your head..."

Thanks again, CT!
        last.fmPaulboard Top 30

Comment

• Nice rise for Meghan's I Made You Look. And love to see P!nk enters the list.
          My most streamed artists: 1. Mariah 2. Madonna 3. Debbie Gibson 4. Céline Dion 5. Lara Fabian 6. Kylie 7. Meghan Trainor 8. Whitney 9. Ariana Grande 10. Tina Arena 11. Sam Smith 12. Janet Jackson

Comment

• Yaay what a great #1 this week, while her recent releases have not always been up my alley, this one for me is just pop perfection
            Some great re-entries this week too with RAYE, Rina and Brit's classic!
            Happy to see I'm a Mess here too, loving the early 00s classic Avril vibe I get from it
            Ne me cherche pas, je ne suis plus là, baby

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post
              Nice rise for Meghan's I Made You Look. And love to see P!nk enters the list.
              Glad Meghan made you look...at my chart I don't think "Made You Look" will be climbing much higher here, but I'm definitely rooting for its success around the world (predicted to go Top 5 on the next UK chart)!

Thanks again, RayRay!

last.fmPaulboard Top 30

Comment

• Originally posted by flopho View Post
                Yaay what a great #1 this week, while her recent releases have not always been up my alley, this one for me is just pop perfection
                YES! It's so refreshing to have an artist actually pick my clear-favorite track to be their next single, I'm a bit shellshocked.

Originally posted by flopho View Post
                Some great re-entries this week too with RAYE, Rina and Brit's classic!
                Akini's epic Top 100 Albums countdown was responsible for that.

Happy to see I'm a Mess here too, loving the early 00s classic Avril vibe I get from it
                Yeah, though I do hope the other new Love Sux deluxe edition track(s) are more in-line with the high-energy pop/punk jams from the standard version.

Thanks again, flopho!
                last.fmPaulboard Top 30

Comment

• Paulboard Top 30
                  Chart Date: 11/18/22

• Anna reaches the northernmost Paulboard point for the first time with "I Do You," while Silver Sphere Sophie enjoys a nice little EP-release boost elsewhere in the Top 10.

TW | LW | WKS ON | TITLE | ARTIST | PEAK | CERT

01 (04) 04 | "I Do You" - Anna Of The North | 1 (1) | [P]
                  02 (01) 04 | "Surrender My Heart" - Carly Rae Jepsen | 1 (1) | [G]
                  03 (02) 04 | "Anti-Hero" - Taylor Swift | 2 | [P]
                  04 (N-) 01 | "Weapons" - Ava Max | 4
                  05 (R-) 04 | "Cardigan" - Sophie Cates | 3 | [G]
                  06 (03) 04 | "Hits Different" - Taylor Swift | 1 (1) | [G]
                  07 (N-) 01 | "Nasty" - Sophie Cates | 7
                  08 (07) 04 | "Bejeweled" - Taylor Swift | 4 | [G]
                  09 (R-) 08 | "This Enchanted" - Hatchie | 1 (2) | [P]
                  10 (12) 05 | "Grapefruit" - Tove Lo | 1 (1) | [P]
                  11 (14) 04 | "Lavender Haze" - Taylor Swift | 7 | [G]
                  12 (15) 05 | "Midnight Rain" - Taylor Swift | 1 (1) | [G]
                  13 (05) 04 | "Keep Away" - Carly Rae Jepsen | 5 | [G]
                  14 (09) 06 | "The Loneliest Time" - Carly Rae Jepsen ft. Rufus Wainwright | 4 | [G]
                  15 (08) 09 | "Talking To Yourself" - Carly Rae Jepsen | 1 (2) | [P]
                  16 (10) 05 | "Let It Die (2022)" - Ellie Goulding | 6 | [G]
                  17 (R-) 02 | "Nobody" - Anna Of The North | 13
                  18 (N-) 01 | "Clean Break" - ILIRA | 18
                  19 (N-) 01 | "Nosedive" - Hatchie | 19
                  20 (R-) 02 | "Maroon" - Taylor Swift | 17
                  21 (R-) 03 | "You're On Your Own, Kid" - Taylor Swift | 16
                  22 (R-) 03 | "Question...?" - Taylor Swift | 8 | [G]
                  23 (13) 03 | "Made You Look" - Meghan Trainor | 13
                  24 (R-) 05 | "Million Dollar Baby" - Ava Max | 3 | [G]
                  25 (R-) 07 | "Maybe You're The Problem" - Ava Max | 5 | [P]
                  26 (22) 03 | "Anxious" - Carly Rae Jepsen | 22
                  27 (23) 03 | "Bends" - Carly Rae Jepsen | 21
                  28 (R-) 03 | "Diet Heartbreak" - Chloe Moriondo | 8
                  29 (N-) 01 | "Cdbaby<3" - Chloe Moriondo | 29
                  30 (R-) 02 | "Hearteyes" - Chloe Moriondo | 17

[GOLD] = 25+ total plays
                  [PLAT] = 50+ total plays
                  last.fmPaulboard Top 30

Comment

• I'm so glad you caught my CRL joke I was very proud of it haha! Maybe I'll return to Beach House once the holidays are over, but it's on you to help me remember it I am going on vacation in January, so it might be a good addition then!
                    • I see Hatchie has debuted a song describing Mimi Webb's performance on the chart this week.
                    • Glad to see all the Taylor tracks I like holding strong this week!
                    • Did Weapons help bring back the other Ava songs? How many songs has Ava charted on the Paulboard?
                    • Very much enjoying Grapefruit returning to the top ten, but a little sad its co-fruit track is gone.
                    • Your #1 is very good! It would be a good FSC entry for Norway. hint hint

Comment

• Nice to see the debut for 'Clean Break', it's veery Ava Max imo but that doesn't have to bad thing at all!
                      Glad that Nobody re-entered too, atm I'm preferring it over 'I Do You' but maybe that'll change in the future.
                      Nosedive by Hatchie sounds quite nice on first listen, lemme put it on my playlist

Comment

• Great new entry for Ava Max.
                        My most streamed artists: 1. Mariah 2. Madonna 3. Debbie Gibson 4. Céline Dion 5. Lara Fabian 6. Kylie 7. Meghan Trainor 8. Whitney 9. Ariana Grande 10. Tina Arena 11. Sam Smith 12. Janet Jackson

Comment

• It's great that Anna Of The North scored a #1 hit.

Also nice debut for Hatchie, it's one of her bouncier/more energetic tunes.
                          Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• Go AOTN!

Comment

• Looks like there are two acts I need to check out. Will get to that shortly.

02 (01) 04 | "Surrender My Heart" - Carly Rae Jepsen | 1 (1) | [G]
                              03 (02) 04 | "Anti-Hero" - Taylor Swift | 2 | [P]
                              04 (N-) 01 | "Weapons" - Ava Max | 4
                              08 (07) 04 | "Bejeweled" - Taylor Swift | 4 | [G]
                              10 (12) 05 | "Grapefruit" - Tove Lo | 1 (1) | [P]
                              11 (14) 04 | "Lavender Haze" - Taylor Swift | 7 | [G]
                              12 (15) 05 | "Midnight Rain" - Taylor Swift | 1 (1) | [G]
                              13 (05) 04 | "Keep Away" - Carly Rae Jepsen | 5 | [G]
                              14 (09) 06 | "The Loneliest Time" - Carly Rae Jepsen ft. Rufus Wainwright | 4 | [G]
                              15 (08) 09 | "Talking To Yourself" - Carly Rae Jepsen | 1 (2) | [P]
                              20 (R-) 02 | "Maroon" - Taylor Swift | 17
                              21 (R-) 03 | "You're On Your Own, Kid" - Taylor Swift | 16
                              22 (R-) 03 | "Question...?" - Taylor Swift | 8 | [G]
                              23 (13) 03 | "Made You Look" - Meghan Trainor | 13
                              24 (R-) 05 | "Million Dollar Baby" - Ava Max | 3 | [G]
                              25 (R-) 07 | "Maybe You're The Problem" - Ava Max | 5 | [P]
                              26 (22) 03 | "Anxious" - Carly Rae Jepsen | 22
                              27 (23) 03 | "Bends" - Carly Rae Jepsen | 21
                              Your Billboard Top Ten: #1 Flowers
                              AlbumClash 2.0: [SZA vs. Ava Max]

"These gays, they're trying to murder me."

Comment

• Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
                                I'm so glad you caught my CRL joke I was very proud of it haha! Maybe I'll return to Beach House once the holidays are over, but it's on you to help me remember it I am going on vacation in January, so it might be a good addition then!
                                Hype! Where are you headed? (You should use the flights to spend some time with The Loneliest Time in its entirety, tbh).

Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
                                I see Hatchie has debuted a song describing Mimi Webb's performance on the chart this week.
                                Yeah, poor Mimi fell straight off a cliff (I might've jinxed her back when I was saying how I hadn't gotten sick of the song yet, despite Halloween being behind us. Whoops)!

Did Weapons help bring back the other Ava songs? How many songs has Ava charted on the Paulboard?
                                Exactly! Quite impressively, Ava's already racked up 25 entries (and that's not even counting guest appearances like "Clap Your Hands").

Very much enjoying Grapefruit returning to the top ten, but a little sad its co-fruit track is gone.
                                Unfortunately, most of Dirt Femme got overshadowed/swept away by the influx of major albums released right after it. It deserved better, but competition's so stiff this season!

Your #1 is very good! It would be a good FSC entry for Norway. hint hint
                                Really glad it made a good first impression (and I'd totally forgotten that Anna's native to Norway)!

Thanks again, CT!
                                last.fmPaulboard Top 30

Comment

• Originally posted by flopho View Post
                                  Nice to see the debut for 'Clean Break', it's veery Ava Max imo but that doesn't have to bad thing at all!
                                  Absolutely! Spot-on.

Glad that Nobody re-entered too, atm I'm preferring it over 'I Do You' but maybe that'll change in the future.
                                  I know Blondini agrees with you there I do like "Nobody," but "I Do You" is on a whole 'nother level of catchiness for me (and I love its simple-but-effective video too).

Nosedive by Hatchie sounds quite nice on first listen, lemme put it on my playlist
                                  Still not 100% sure how I feel about "Nosedive." I like its energy, but I wish the chorus had more...words.

Thanks again, flopho!
                                  last.fmPaulboard Top 30

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                                    Great new entry for Ava Max.
                                    At first, I thought "Weapons" was pretty forgettable/easily the weakest of the Diamonds & Dancefloors singles so far, but it REALLY grew on me by the end of last week (and it should hold pretty strong on my next chart too, though reaching a new peak will be tricky).

Thanks again, RayRay!

last.fmPaulboard Top 30

Comment

• Originally posted by heppolo View Post
                                      It's great that Anna Of The North scored a #1 hit.
                                      Blondini introduced me to her with "Nobody," and then "I Do You" really took my Anna appreciation to the next level. Happy to help give her a little more exposure (she definitely deserves it)!

Originally posted by heppolo View Post
                                      Also nice debut for Hatchie, it's one of her bouncier/more energetic tunes.
                                      There's some interesting stuff going on in "Nosedive," and I agree about its energy - I just wish the chorus had more lyrics (the way it is now makes it harder for the song to stick in my head).

Thanks again, heppolo!

last.fmPaulboard Top 30

Comment

• Originally posted by Thriller View Post
                                        Go AOTN!
                                        Hype! Now she just needs to inch up ever-so-slightly on your next chart so we can give her some more UKMIX Parade exposure.

Thanks again, Thriller!

last.fmPaulboard Top 30

Comment

• Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
                                          Looks like there are two acts I need to check out. Will get to that shortly.
                                          No worries, you've got several threads in here to juggle (and your ongoing duties in the Games section too)! I miiight do a proper Paulboard Year-End Countdown thread for 2022, but that wouldn't start until Jan 1st, so you can catch up with some of these gems then.

Thanks again, Akini!

last.fmPaulboard Top 30

Comment

• Paulboard Top 30
                                            Chart Date: 11/25/22

• Ava uses her "Weapons" to seize the first No. 1 of the Diamonds & Dancefloors era (and her fourth chart-topper overall).

TW | LW | WKS ON | TITLE | ARTIST | PEAK | CERT

01 (04) 02 | "Weapons" - Ava Max | 1 (1) | [G]
                                            02 (03) 05 | "Anti-Hero" - Taylor Swift | 2 | [P]
                                            03 (01) 05 | "I Do You" - Anna Of The North | 1 (1) | [P]
                                            04 (05) 05 | "Cardigan" - Sophie Cates | 3 | [G]
                                            05 (N-) 01 | "Crumbs" - Rebecca Black | 5
                                            06 (02) 05 | "Surrender My Heart" - Carly Rae Jepsen | 1 (1) | [P]
                                            07 (10) 06 | "Grapefruit" - Tove Lo | 1 (1) | [P]
                                            08 (06) 05 | "Hits Different" - Taylor Swift | 1 (1) | [P]
                                            09 (09) 09 | "This Enchanted" - Hatchie | 1 (2) | [P]
                                            10 (N-) 01 | "Attraverso Te" - Marco Mengoni ft. La Rappresentante Di Lista | 10
                                            11 (13) 05 | "Keep Away" - Carly Rae Jepsen | 5 | [G]
                                            12 (12) 06 | "Midnight Rain" - Taylor Swift | 1 (1) | [G]
                                            13 (07) 02 | "Nasty" - Sophie Cates | 7 | [G]
                                            14 (18) 02 | "Clean Break" - ILIRA | 14
                                            15 (N-) 01 | "Promise Me" - Rose Gray | 15
                                            16 (11) 05 | "Lavender Haze" - Taylor Swift | 7 | [G]
                                            17 (08) 05 | "Bejeweled" - Taylor Swift | 4 | [P]
                                            18 (14) 07 | "The Loneliest Time" - Carly Rae Jepsen ft. Rufus Wainwright | 4 | [P]
                                            19 (15) 10 | "Talking To Yourself" - Carly Rae Jepsen | 1 (2) | [P]
                                            20 (R-) 04 | "Diva" - La Rappresentante Di Lista | 2 | [G]
                                            21 (17) 03 | "Nobody" - Anna Of The North | 13 | [G]
                                            22 (R-) 05 | "Swine" - Lady Gaga | 4 | [P]
                                            23 (R-) 09 | "Hurricanes" - Rina Sawayama | 1 (2) | [2xP]
                                            24 (R-) 12 | "American Teenager" - Ethel Cain | 1 (3) | [2xP]
                                            25 (N-) 01 | "Fake It" - SIIGHTS | 25
                                            26 (22) 04 | "Question...?" - Taylor Swift | 8 | [G]
                                            27 (19) 02 | "Nosedive" - Hatchie | 19
                                            28 (R-) 04 | "Fruity" - Chloe Moriondo | 3 | [G]
                                            29 (R-) 11 | "Hold The Girl" - Rina Sawayama | 1 (1) | [2xP]
                                            30 (R-) 08 | "Message In A Bottle (Taylor's Version) (Fat Max G Remix)" - Taylor Swift | 1 (1) | [P]

[GOLD] = 25+ total plays
                                            [PLAT] = 50+ total plays
                                            last.fmPaulboard Top 30

Comment

• Wow. That's very high for Crumbs. I wouldn't rank it as high as some of Banks or FKA Twigs which she's clearly following in style.

Comment

• "Diva" is a very sticky tune, might be ending up quite high on my YE chart.
                                                What can I say? Yay for Rose Gray
                                                Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• Yeah! Great to see Ava Max all the way up at #1.

Comment

• oh wow once again one of your best charts, so many great new entries and re-entries <3

01 (04) 02 | "Weapons" - Ava Max | 1 (1) | [G] - growing on me lately!
                                                    02 (03) 05 | "Anti-Hero" - Taylor Swift | 2 | [P]
                                                    03 (01) 05 | "I Do You" - Anna Of The North | 1 (1) | [P]
                                                    05 (N-) 01 | "Crumbs" - Rebecca Black | 5 - probably her best song to this date? excited for the album, especially to see if it's more dark pop or hyperpop or something else
                                                    06 (02) 05 | "Surrender My Heart" - Carly Rae Jepsen | 1 (1) | [P]
                                                    07 (10) 06 | "Grapefruit" - Tove Lo | 1 (1) | [P]
                                                    10 (N-) 01 | "Attraverso Te" - Marco Mengoni ft. La Rappresentante Di Lista | 10 - yass another Italian smash on your charts!
                                                    14 (18) 02 | "Clean Break" - ILIRA | 14
                                                    15 (N-) 01 | "Promise Me" - Rose Gray | 15
                                                    19 (15) 10 | "Talking To Yourself" - Carly Rae Jepsen | 1 (2) | [P]
                                                    20 (R-) 04 | "Diva" - La Rappresentante Di Lista | 2 | [G] - This was pretty close to re-entering my chart this week, too, the chorus is so infectious
                                                    21 (17) 03 | "Nobody" - Anna Of The North | 13 | [G]
                                                    23 (R-) 09 | "Hurricanes" - Rina Sawayama | 1 (2) | [2xP]
                                                    24 (R-) 12 | "American Teenager" - Ethel Cain | 1 (3) | [2xP] - I can see this becoming one of those timeless classics in the future (for me personally at least)
                                                    25 (N-) 01 | "Fake It" - SIIGHTS | 25 - great to see this here, really hoping this song gets more exposure in the future!
                                                    27 (19) 02 | "Nosedive" - Hatchie | 19
                                                    29 (R-) 11 | "Hold The Girl" - Rina Sawayama | 1 (1) | [2xP]

Comment

Working...
                                                    X