Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paulboard Top 30 | 08.12.22 | I could be your personal arcade...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by RayRay View Post
    Great new entries for Lady Gaga and Ava Max.

    Now hoping Ava Max will go Top 5 next week.
    The week's still young, but it's looking pretty possible (if not Top 5, definitely Top 10). "My Head & My Heart" had an even weaker start (debuted at No. 13), but wound up going all the way to No. 1, so it wouldn't be Ava's first major grower.

    Thanks again, RayRay!

    last.fmPaulboard Top 30

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Blondini View Post
      I seem to be an influencer right now!
      Ha, truly! My new favorite dreampop dealer (OK, not sure if LEG technically qualify as "dreampop," but Two Ribbons is dreamy enough to me).

      Thanks again, Blondini!

      last.fmPaulboard Top 30

      Comment


      • Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
        Just played your #1 and it's not bad. There's a certain other "Enchanted" track from another artist that comes to mind, which is a hell of a lot better.
        Fair, but they're definitely different enough to scratch separate itches/suit separate moods. Speaking of Tay's: that seems like a very strong candidate to be the "All Too Well" of Speak Now (TV).

        Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
        From our brief time together, I gathered that he struggles with severe depression and apathy, and I just can't do it.
        Damn, that's rough, but makes perfect sense to not want to get further entangled with someone battling demons of that size. Hopefully he gets the help/support he needs (and then re-emerges to give you the snogging of a lifetime).

        Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
        A lot of our fave shows didn't age too seamlessly; Sex and the City is one of 'em, but I still like it!
        Ha, yeah, don't think there's many old faves I can recommend without throwing in an * (or two).

        Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
        That's not on you; people are just awful life forms.
        **Sigh** Too. damn. true.

        Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
        Yeah, I mean the electric guitar bit, too. I love it! Summer Walker added a similar kind of outro to her "Insane" live performance and I got my entire life!
        I'm extremely on-board with today's R&B up-&-comers bringing the electric guitar solo back in style. SZA next?

        Thanks again, Akini!

        last.fmPaulboard Top 30

        Comment


        • Paulboard Top 30
          Chart Date: 05/13/22

          • Hatchie continues to work her magic at the summit, though Tove's dying to break her spell.



          TW | LW | WKS ON | TITLE | ARTIST | PEAK | CERT

          01 (01) 02 | "This Enchanted" - Hatchie | 1 (2) | [G]
          02 (07) 02 | "No One Dies From Love" - Tove Lo | 2 | [G]
          03 (02) 02 | "Hold My Hand" - Lady Gaga | 2 | [G]
          04 (04) 03 | "Let Me Drown" - Orville Peck | 1 (1) | [P]
          05 (11) 02 | "Maybe You're The Problem" - Ava Max | 5
          06 (R-) 05 | "This Love" - Taylor Swift | 6 | [P]
          07 (N-) 01 | "Western Wind" - Carly Rae Jepsen | 7
          08 (R-) 05 | "Bodies" - The Knocks ft. MUNA | 2 | [P]
          09 (05) 06 | "Levitation" - Let's Eat Grandma | 1 (2) | [P]
          10 (N-) 01 | "Two Ribbons" - Let's Eat Grandma | 10
          11 (R-) 05 | "Angel Baby" - Troye Sivan | 1 (1) | [G]
          12 (R-) 04 | "Hasta Los Dientes" - Camila Cabello ft. Maria Becerra | 4 | [G]
          13 (12) 05 | "Boys Don't Cry" - Camila Cabello | 1 (1) | [P]
          14 (10) 03 | "Hexie Mountains" - Orville Peck | 5 | [G]
          15 (03) 03 | "C'mon Baby, Cry" - Orville Peck | 3 | [G]
          16 (R-) 08 | "Slow Song" - The Knocks ft. Dragonette | 2 | [P]
          17 (14) 02 | "Sunday" - Let's Eat Grandma | 14
          18 (06) 03 | "What A Lie" - Justine Skye | 6
          19 (09) 02 | "Watching You Go" - Let's Eat Grandma | 9
          20 (N-) 01 | "This Love (Taylor's Version)" - Taylor Swift | 20
          21 (R-) 07 | "Everytime I Cry" - Ava Max | 10 | [G]
          22 (R-) 06 | "Trouble" - Troye Sivan ft. Jay Som | 1 (1) | [P]
          23 (R-) 14 | "Bloom" - Troye Sivan | 1 (1) | [P]
          24 (R-) 09 | "Bikini Porn" - Tove Lo | 7 | [G]
          25 (R-) 11 | "Do What U Want" - Lady Gaga ft. R. Kelly | 1 (2) | [2xP]
          26 (R-) 04 | "I Don't Search I Find" - Madonna | 9 | [G]
          27 (R-) 05 | "Wait" - Troye Sivan ft. Gordi | 8 | [G]
          28 (R-) 13 | "My Gun" - Tove Lo | 1 (1) | [P]
          29 (20) 02 | "Private Life" - Allie X | 20
          30 (R-) 12 | "OMG What's Happening" - Ava Max | 3 | [P]

          [GOLD] = 25+ total plays
          [PLAT] = 50+ total plays
          last.fmPaulboard Top 30

          Comment


          • Carly song is great. This Love, too. Hatchie rule.

            Comment


            • Great to see Lady Gaga and Ava Max in your top 5. I am sure they will do well on the UKMIX chart this Sunday.
              Treated me kind, sweet destiny, carried me through desperation... Prayed through the nights, carried the weight on my own and now I know I've succeeded in finding the place I conceived... I had a Vision of Love

              Comment


              • Oh I missed last week, but I am back! OK< I don't know Hatchie, but I don't know how I could be any more pleased with the rest of your top five - all artists I like - I love that Orville is still hanging in there, and as you know I am a fan of the Gaga/Ava songs.

                I see Troye is popping up a few times. I guess neither of us went for that other soundtrack song from Troye - I can't even remember the name of it right now, but Trouble is still great. Angel Baby is worth returning to. Which Troye song is the most successful for you?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Blondini View Post
                  Carly song is great. This Love, too. Hatchie rule.
                  Although I'm still enjoying "This Enchanted," this will probably be its final week on top Holding at No. 1 for 3+ weeks in a row is really rare here (the last time was in June 2019), and streaming makes it easier than ever to constantly discover new gems (not to mention all the great recommendations from people's charts).

                  Thanks again, Blondini!

                  last.fmPaulboard Top 30

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                    Great to see Lady Gaga and Ava Max in your top 5. I am sure they will do well on the UKMIX chart this Sunday.
                    Yeah, I'm glad "Hold My Hand" is getting a lot of love on people's charts here (especially since it isn't making as much of a splash on official charts) Hopefully Ava can bounce back into the UKmixPARADE Top 10 soon too (though I'm not sure if she'll manage to stay inside my next Top 5. Your chart got me hooked on Emeli's "Brighter Days," among other competition).

                    Thanks again, RayRay!

                    last.fmPaulboard Top 30

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
                      Oh I missed last week, but I am back! OK< I don't know Hatchie, but I don't know how I could be any more pleased with the rest of your top five - all artists I like - I love that Orville is still hanging in there, and as you know I am a fan of the Gaga/Ava songs.
                      I owe Blondini's chart for sharing the good word of Hatchie with me, and I'm chuffed that the entire rest of my Top 5 gets your seal of approval Hopefully that means "No One Dies From Love" will soon pop up on your chart too...?

                      Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
                      I see Troye is popping up a few times. I guess neither of us went for that other soundtrack song from Troye - I can't even remember the name of it right now, but Trouble is still great. Angel Baby is worth returning to. Which Troye song is the most successful for you?
                      Ha, poor neglected "Wait" did sneak back in at No. 27 I do like it, but it does get easily overshadowed by "Trouble." Apparently "Angel Baby" has been blowing up in a bunch of APAC countries (currently No. 1 on Spotify in Malaysia, No. 2 in Indonesia, No. 2 in Singapore, No. 2 in Thailand, etc), and he recently released a couple new versions of it, so that really put it back on my brain.

                      Regarding Troye's greatest Paulboard triumphs so far: "Bloom" sets the bar (No. 1 peak, 14 weeks total, nearly 2x Platinum), but "Easy (Remix)" isn't far behind (No. 2 peak, 13 weeks total, nearly 2x Plat).

                      Thanks again, CT!

                      last.fmPaulboard Top 30

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by crystalphoenix View Post
                        Your chart got me hooked on Emeli's "Brighter Days.

                        Thanks again, RayRay!
                        That's good to hear. It's my most streamed song of 2022 so far.
                        Treated me kind, sweet destiny, carried me through desperation... Prayed through the nights, carried the weight on my own and now I know I've succeeded in finding the place I conceived... I had a Vision of Love

                        Comment


                        • Some fantastic new and re-entries this week. However, should I phone the cancellation police for that version of "Do What U Want"? For me, it was my #5 song of the 2010s.

                          "This Love" flopping everywhere, deservedly so.

                          01 (01) 02 | "This Enchanted" - Hatchie | 1 (2) | [G]
                          02 (07) 02 | "No One Dies From Love" - Tove Lo | 2 | [G]
                          05 (11) 02 | "Maybe You're The Problem" - Ava Max | 5
                          06 (R-) 05 | "This Love" - Taylor Swift | 6 | [P]
                          07 (N-) 01 | "Western Wind" - Carly Rae Jepsen | 7
                          09 (05) 06 | "Levitation" - Let's Eat Grandma | 1 (2) | [P]
                          10 (N-) 01 | "Two Ribbons" - Let's Eat Grandma | 10
                          11 (R-) 05 | "Angel Baby" - Troye Sivan | 1 (1) | [G]
                          13 (12) 05 | "Boys Don't Cry" - Camila Cabello | 1 (1) | [P]
                          16 (R-) 08 | "Slow Song" - The Knocks ft. Dragonette | 2 | [P]
                          18 (06) 03 | "What A Lie" - Justine Skye | 6
                          20 (N-) 01 | "This Love (Taylor's Version)" - Taylor Swift | 20
                          21 (R-) 07 | "Everytime I Cry" - Ava Max | 10 | [G]
                          23 (R-) 14 | "Bloom" - Troye Sivan | 1 (1) | [P]
                          25 (R-) 11 | "Do What U Want" - Lady Gaga ft. R. Kelly | 1 (2) | [2xP]
                          26 (R-) 04 | "I Don't Search I Find" - Madonna | 9 | [G]
                          30 (R-) 12 | "OMG What's Happening" - Ava Max | 3 | [P]

                          Originally posted by crystalphoenix View Post
                          Fair, but they're definitely different enough to scratch separate itches/suit separate moods. Speaking of Tay's: that seems like a very strong candidate to be the "All Too Well" of Speak Now (TV).
                          Oh, I would cry tears of joy if we get an extended "Enchanted" version.

                          Originally posted by crystalphoenix View Post
                          Damn, that's rough, but makes perfect sense to not want to get further entangled with someone battling demons of that size. Hopefully he gets the help/support he needs (and then re-emerges to give you the snogging of a lifetime).
                          Hopefully!

                          Originally posted by crystalphoenix View Post
                          I'm extremely on-board with today's R&B up-&-comers bringing the electric guitar solo back in style. SZA next?
                          Taking forever and a year to give us a new album.
                          Akini's Top 100 Albums of All-Time: [#77]
                          Akini's Favourite TV Series: [5-1!
                          Your Billboard Top Ten: #1 Break My Soul [2 weeks]
                          AlbumClash 2.0: [Lizzo vs. Beyoncé]
                          The Killers: Pressure Machine Album Survivor [R6 --> Final]

                          I'm not saying I love you unconditionally, but we have been through a shitload of conditions and I'm still here.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
                            Some fantastic new and re-entries this week. However, should I phone the cancellation police for that version of "Do What U Want"? For me, it was my #5 song of the 2010s.
                            Calling. me. OUT! "Hold My Hand" inspired me to revisit Gaga's catalog, and I had a minor existential crisis when last.fm informed me that I'd played DWUW enough to re-enter. After my mental gymnastics to (kind of) absolve Camila (or at least give her the benefit of the doubt in 2022), I can't do that with R.'s crimes, and I wouldn't add new material from him today...but I just love DWUW too much to purge it from my library (and the Christina version is just so inferior). I guess DWUW is my truly "guilty" pleasure. I didn't realize it had held up so well with you too (enough to land at No. 5 for the whole decade)! I know you like the Xtina version more than I do, so did that play a big role in its longevity for you, or would it probably have done as well even without her?

                            Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
                            "This Love" flopping everywhere, deservedly so.
                            Ha, I still think the original deserves another chance/re-evaluation from you but I don't have much interest in the new version.

                            Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
                            Oh, I would cry tears of joy if we get an extended "Enchanted" version.
                            **Everything crossed** It'd be surprising for her not to do anything special with such a beloved fan fave (granted, "This Love" was quite the curveball).

                            Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
                            Taking forever and a year to give us a new album.
                            Ha, a part of me tells myself to "respect her creative/artistic process," but other parts of me are perpetually impatient The fact that the singles have been SO good just makes our thirst for the full album that much stronger!

                            Thanks again, Akini!
                            last.fmPaulboard Top 30

                            Comment


                            • Paulboard Top 30
                              Chart Date: 05/20/22

                              • Tove still has enough life left in her to claw her way to the top, thus seizing her fourth Paulboard No. 1 (following "My Gun," "Imaginary Friend," and "Really Don't Like U").



                              TW | LW | WKS ON | TITLE | ARTIST | PEAK | CERT

                              01 (02) 03 | "No One Dies From Love" - Tove Lo | 1 (1) | [G]
                              02 (12) 05 | "Hasta Los Dientes" - Camila Cabello ft. Maria Becerra | 2 | [G]
                              03 (03) 03 | "Hold My Hand" - Lady Gaga | 2 | [G]
                              04 (N-) 01 | "What Would You Do?" - Tate McRae | 4
                              05 (N-) 01 | "Brighter Days" - Emeli Sandé | 5
                              06 (04) 04 | "Let Me Drown" - Orville Peck | 1 (1) | [P]
                              07 (N-) 01 | "Janet Planet" - TOPS | 7
                              08 (N-) 01 | "This Hell" - Rina Sawayama | 8
                              09 (01) 03 | "This Enchanted" - Hatchie | 1 (2) | [G]
                              10 (05) 03 | "Maybe You're The Problem" - Ava Max | 5 | [G]
                              11 (07) 02 | "Western Wind" - Carly Rae Jepsen | 7
                              12 (R-) 09 | "STFU!" - Rina Sawayama | 1 (1) | [P]
                              13 (R-) 06 | "She's All I Wanna Be" - Tate McRae | 2 | [P]
                              14 (R-) 08 | "Tokyo Love Hotel" - Rina Sawayama | 2 | [P]
                              15 (14) 04 | "Hexie Mountains" - Orville Peck | 5 | [G]
                              16 (R-) 12 | "Comme Des Garçons (Like The Boys)" - Rina Sawayama | 1 (2) | [2xP]
                              17 (R-) 06 | "Make It Out Alive" - Years & Years | 9 | [G]
                              18 (13) 06 | "Boys Don't Cry" - Camila Cabello | 1 (1) | [P]
                              19 (R-) 04 | "Paradisin'" - Rina Sawayama | 5 | [G]
                              20 (R-) 10 | "Running Shoes" - Troye Sivan | 1 (1) | [P]
                              21 (10) 02 | "Two Ribbons" - Let's Eat Grandma | 10
                              22 (R-) 04 | "Swine" - Lady Gaga | 4 | [P]
                              23 (N-) 01 | "Moscow Mule" - Bad Bunny | 23
                              24 (09) 07 | "Levitation" - Let's Eat Grandma | 1 (2) | [P]
                              25 (R-) 10 | "Wonder" - Naughty Boy ft. Emeli Sandé | 1 (1) | [P]
                              26 (N-) 01 | "Chaotic" - Tate McRae | 26
                              27 (R-) 03 | "Quiet" - Camila Cabello | 16
                              28 (R-) 05 | "Lucid" - Rina Sawayama | 3 | [G]
                              29 (R-) 08 | "XS" - Rina Sawayama | 6 | [P]
                              30 (R-) 17 | "Problem" - Ariana Grande ft. Iggy Azalea | 1 (1) | [3xP]

                              [GOLD] = 25+ total plays
                              [PLAT] = 50+ total plays
                              last.fmPaulboard Top 30

                              Comment


                              • I've played "Hold My Hand" a few times in the last 24 hours and I like it a bit more now. It's got this grand kind of melody that doesn't really rise to anything meaningful, so maybe that's why I dismissed it early. It's earnest, but Gaga has done earnest so much better before ("The Cure" is the first example that comes to mind). Pleased to see that it's having staying power here, though. I don't know how much people consider it, but Gaga's 14+ years into her career now and I really appreciate how many different shades of herself she's shared with us.

                                Solid debut for "This Hell". That one's grown on me a bit more, but it had a much higher starting point than "Hold My Hand".

                                Yay at me bringing back treble-times-platinum "Problem".

                                01 (02) 03 | "No One Dies From Love" - Tove Lo | 1 (1) | [G]
                                03 (03) 03 | "Hold My Hand" - Lady Gaga | 2 | [G]
                                08 (N-) 01 | "This Hell" - Rina Sawayama | 8
                                09 (01) 03 | "This Enchanted" - Hatchie | 1 (2) | [G]
                                10 (05) 03 | "Maybe You're The Problem" - Ava Max | 5 | [G]
                                11 (07) 02 | "Western Wind" - Carly Rae Jepsen | 7
                                12 (R-) 09 | "STFU!" - Rina Sawayama | 1 (1) | [P]
                                14 (R-) 08 | "Tokyo Love Hotel" - Rina Sawayama | 2 | [P]
                                16 (R-) 12 | "Comme Des Garçons (Like The Boys)" - Rina Sawayama | 1 (2) | [2xP]
                                18 (13) 06 | "Boys Don't Cry" - Camila Cabello | 1 (1) | [P]
                                19 (R-) 04 | "Paradisin'" - Rina Sawayama | 5 | [G]
                                21 (10) 02 | "Two Ribbons" - Let's Eat Grandma | 10
                                22 (R-) 04 | "Swine" - Lady Gaga | 4 | [P]
                                23 (N-) 01 | "Moscow Mule" - Bad Bunny | 23
                                24 (09) 07 | "Levitation" - Let's Eat Grandma | 1 (2) | [P]
                                28 (R-) 05 | "Lucid" - Rina Sawayama | 3 | [G]
                                29 (R-) 08 | "XS" - Rina Sawayama | 6 | [P]
                                30 (R-) 17 | "Problem" - Ariana Grande ft. Iggy Azalea | 1 (1) | [3xP]

                                Originally posted by crystalphoenix View Post
                                Calling. me. OUT! "Hold My Hand" inspired me to revisit Gaga's catalog, and I had a minor existential crisis when last.fm informed me that I'd played DWUW enough to re-enter. After my mental gymnastics to (kind of) absolve Camila (or at least give her the benefit of the doubt in 2022), I can't do that with R.'s crimes, and I wouldn't add new material from him today...but I just love DWUW too much to purge it from my library (and the Christina version is just so inferior). I guess DWUW is my truly "guilty" pleasure. I didn't realize it had held up so well with you too (enough to land at No. 5 for the whole decade)! I know you like the Xtina version more than I do, so did that play a big role in its longevity for you, or would it probably have done as well even without her?
                                I think the Christina version certainly helped. Any time you have a song you love, then you find another version of it that's also pretty damn good, that only bolsters the song for you, as it gives you variety so you don't overplay your preferred version. So with DWUW, I had the R. Kelly studio version, which is still my favourite, the live performance with R. Kelly at the AMAs, the studio version with Christina, and quite significantly the live performance with Christina at the Voice finale in 2013, which is one of my favourite live performances of all-time.

                                Originally posted by crystalphoenix View Post
                                Ha, I still think the original deserves another chance/re-evaluation from you but I don't have much interest in the new version.
                                I'll spend time with it soon.

                                Originally posted by crystalphoenix View Post
                                **Everything crossed** It'd be surprising for her not to do anything special with such a beloved fan fave (granted, "This Love" was quite the curveball).
                                QUITE.

                                Originally posted by crystalphoenix View Post
                                Ha, a part of me tells myself to "respect her creative/artistic process," but other parts of me are perpetually impatient The fact that the singles have been SO good just makes our thirst for the full album that much stronger!
                                Yeah, I try not to disrespect the creative process either, but in the same breath, Rihanna was taking four weeks to record high-quality albums in the early 2010s, so Idk.

                                Originally posted by crystalphoenix View Post
                                Thanks again, Akini!
                                Anytime, Paul! <3
                                Akini's Top 100 Albums of All-Time: [#77]
                                Akini's Favourite TV Series: [5-1!
                                Your Billboard Top Ten: #1 Break My Soul [2 weeks]
                                AlbumClash 2.0: [Lizzo vs. Beyoncé]
                                The Killers: Pressure Machine Album Survivor [R6 --> Final]

                                I'm not saying I love you unconditionally, but we have been through a shitload of conditions and I'm still here.

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
                                  I've played "Hold My Hand" a few times in the last 24 hours and I like it a bit more now. It's got this grand kind of melody that doesn't really rise to anything meaningful, so maybe that's why I dismissed it early. It's earnest, but Gaga has done earnest so much better before ("The Cure" is the first example that comes to mind). Pleased to see that it's having staying power here, though. I don't know how much people consider it, but Gaga's 14+ years into her career now and I really appreciate how many different shades of herself she's shared with us.
                                  Many thanks for offering such a thoughtful look at "Hold My Hand" (putting it into words better than I could). For me it's basically boiled down to that chorus hitting the feels, especially amidst the nightmarish news in the US this past month. I'm surprised by the amount of adoration I see for "The Cure" around UKMIX! I definitely enjoy it too, but I didn't realize it had aged so well/was held in such high regard for many fans in 2022.

                                  Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
                                  Yay at me bringing back treble-times-platinum "Problem".
                                  Your fingerprints can (almost?) always be found somewhere on my chart Funnily enough, "Problem" just popped up on Cheap's Retro Chart too.

                                  Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
                                  I think the Christina version certainly helped. Any time you have a song you love, then you find another version of it that's also pretty damn good, that only bolsters the song for you, as it gives you variety so you don't overplay your preferred version. So with DWUW, I had the R. Kelly studio version, which is still my favourite, the live performance with R. Kelly at the AMAs, the studio version with Christina, and quite significantly the live performance with Christina at the Voice finale in 2013, which is one of my favourite live performances of all-time.
                                  You really run laps around me when it comes to live-version knowledge! I didn't even realize/remember that she'd done major televised performances of both the R. and Xtina versions.

                                  Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
                                  Yeah, I try not to disrespect the creative process either, but in the same breath, Rihanna was taking four weeks to record high-quality albums in the early 2010s, so Idk.
                                  The pace at which she churned out those first 7 studio albums was UNREAL. I can't think of anyone else who's done it quite that fast since the '60's (maybe some K-Pop acts)? Mariah was pretty comparable in the '90's, but she also had a live EP, holiday album, and hits collection in the mix, whereas Ri was dropping album after album after album each with 11+ original new tunes. As much as I'd love more music from her now, it's understandable if she's burnt out/doesn't want to get pulled back into that machine ever again.

                                  Thanks agan, Akini!

                                  last.fmPaulboard Top 30

                                  Comment


                                    • Just where does Orville Peck think he is going???
                                    • Obv love the #1 - always here for a Tove lo topper!
                                    • And your #2 is cute - I don't know if I've replayed it that much, but it is really fun. It's kind of itneresting we are getting CAmila and Christina releasing Latin songs around the same time, but I think I've preferred this song to Christina's release.
                                    • I actually thought This Hell would be a bigger impact, but maybe it needs a full week still. I actually think this one is ok!
                                    • I can't tell if I like Moscow Mule because of the song or because he's naked in the video.
                                    • How fun for Problem to appear - did my retro chart this week have any impact there?

                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
                                      • Just where does Orville Peck think he is going???
                                      • Obv love the #1 - always here for a Tove lo topper!
                                      • And your #2 is cute - I don't know if I've replayed it that much, but it is really fun. It's kind of itneresting we are getting CAmila and Christina releasing Latin songs around the same time, but I think I've preferred this song to Christina's release.
                                      • I actually thought This Hell would be a bigger impact, but maybe it needs a full week still. I actually think this one is ok!
                                      • I can't tell if I like Moscow Mule because of the song or because he's naked in the video.
                                      • How fun for Problem to appear - did my retro chart this week have any impact there?
                                      • Unfortunately, Orville's making his way down Paulboard Mountain now, but he might rebound around Mid-Year Update time, and whenever the Bronco Survivor happens. Did you snag hosting duties for that?
                                      • Tove really ought to have even more No. 1's here, but a couple of her biggest/most enduring Paulboard hits got blocked at No. 2 ("Talking Body" and "True Disaster")
                                      • Yeah, "Hasta Los Dientes" is definitely my favorite of Camila's Spanish (or even semi-Spanish) offerings so far
                                      • There's a lot I love about "This Hell" (the lyrics giving a massive middle-finger to Christian fundamentalism, the references, the Shania/Gaga-gone-country sound), I just wish the chorus hit a BIT harder (like "STFU!," "XS," etc). The video might help win me over even more, though, since her visuals are usually gripping
                                      • Bad Bunny's so f**king hot but I was genuinely impressed by the song itself too! I hadn't heard his voice much until I checked out the Un Verano Sin Ti Top 10's for UKMIX's weekly Billboard game, and it's sexy as hellll
                                      • Ha, Akini actually got the jump on you there by sending "Problem" to No. 1 last Tuesday, but its timing on your Retro Chart made for some beautiful synchronicity!

                                      Thanks again, CT!
                                      last.fmPaulboard Top 30

                                      Comment


                                      • Paulboard Top 30
                                        Chart Date: 05/27/22

                                        • Paulboard newcomer Ethel leads a flurry of debuts toward the top of the chart, while Harry moves into several spots further down.



                                        TW | LW | WKS ON | TITLE | ARTIST | PEAK | CERT

                                        01 (N-) 01 | "American Teenager" - Ethel Cain | 1 (1) | [G]
                                        02 (N-) 01 | "Mon Amour (Remix)" - Zzoilo ft. Aitana | 2
                                        03 (N-) 01 | "Late Night Talking" - Harry Styles | 3
                                        04 (05) 02 | "Brighter Days" - Emeli Sandé | 4
                                        05 (N-) 01 | "She Don't Know" - Carrie Underwood | 5
                                        06 (N-) 01 | "Dead Mom" - Beetlejuice Cast | 6
                                        07 (03) 04 | "Hold My Hand" - Lady Gaga | 2 | [P]
                                        08 (04) 02 | "What Would You Do?" - Tate McRae | 4
                                        09 (01) 04 | "No One Dies From Love" - Tove Lo | 1 (1) | [G]
                                        10 (07) 02 | "Janet Planet" - TOPS | 7
                                        11 (02) 06 | "Hasta Los Dientes" - Camila Cabello ft. Maria Becerra | 2 | [P]
                                        12 (06) 05 | "Let Me Drown" - Orville Peck | 1 (1) | [P]
                                        13 (N-) 01 | "Satellite" - Harry Styles | 13
                                        14 (08) 02 | "This Hell" - Rina Sawayama | 8
                                        15 (09) 04 | "This Enchanted" - Hatchie | 1 (2) | [P]
                                        16 (R-) 07 | "Everything Is Embarrassing" - Sky Ferreira | 1 (1) | [P]
                                        17 (15) 05 | "Hexie Mountains" - Orville Peck | 5 | [G]
                                        18 (N-) 01 | "SloMo" - Chanel | 18
                                        19 (N-) 01 | "Keep Driving" - Harry Styles | 19
                                        20 (N-) 01 | "Don't Forget" - Sky Ferreira | 20
                                        21 (10) 04 | "Maybe You're The Problem" - Ava Max | 5 | [G]
                                        22 (R-) 02 | "As It Was" - Harry Styles | 15
                                        23 (N-) 01 | "Sunday Song" - Hatchie | 23
                                        24 (R-) 02 | "Don't Leave Me In The Rain" - Hatchie | 23
                                        25 (23) 02 | "Moscow Mule" - Bad Bunny | 23
                                        26 (N-) 01 | "Strangers" - Ethel Cain | 26
                                        27 (N-) 01 | "Daydreaming" - Harry Styles | 27
                                        28 (N-) 01 | "Cinema" - Harry Styles | 28
                                        29 (18) 07 | "Boys Don't Cry" - Camila Cabello | 1 (1) | [P]
                                        30 (R-) 02 | "Quicksand" - Hatchie | 25

                                        [GOLD] = 25+ total plays
                                        [PLAT] = 50+ total plays
                                        last.fmPaulboard Top 30

                                        Comment


                                        • My indoctrination continues! Don't Forget needs a boost. Although it could be argued American Teenager needs a boost on my chart - not sure how that will go - its very busy...

                                          Comment


                                          • Originally posted by Blondini View Post
                                            My indoctrination continues! Don't Forget needs a boost. Although it could be argued American Teenager needs a boost on my chart - not sure how that will go - its very busy...
                                            By the end of 2022, this'll just be the Tony's Charts Annex.

                                            I'm definitely grateful/relieved that we actually got "Don't Forget" (right on its planned release date, to boot), and I'm not sure what could've truly lived up to the hype of a (basically) 10-year hiatus, but it felt like the NTMT singles had grabbier hooks: "it's the middle of the night, and I'm. so. goOoOne..."

                                            Thanks again, Blondini!
                                            last.fmPaulboard Top 30

                                            Comment


                                            • there'd better actually be an album and she'd better put Downhill Lullaby on it, too

                                              Comment


                                              • Originally posted by Blondini View Post
                                                there'd better actually be an album and she'd better put Downhill Lullaby on it, too
                                                Ehhhhhh...

                                                ...but I agree that hopes are extra-high for that second album to (finally) manifest now, so I definitely hope we're not in for another 3-year-gap between singles! **Everything crossed**
                                                last.fmPaulboard Top 30

                                                Comment


                                                • Wow, so much music I've never heard of - I'll have to check more of it out. The #1 song is a little too downbeat when I don't need it right now, but you do augment that with that danceable #2!

                                                  I'm going to need some explanation on this Dead Mom song.

                                                  Originally posted by crystalphoenix View Post
                                                  Unfortunately, Orville's making his way down Paulboard Mountain now, but he might rebound around Mid-Year Update time, and whenever the Bronco Survivor happens. Did you snag hosting duties for that?
                                                  I feel like it would just be you and me! I'm already anticipating my Years & Years and Kendrick survivors will be a bust though, so might as well try with that one, But we need at least three of us! Very pleased Hexie Mountains is sticking in there

                                                  Originally posted by crystalphoenix View Post
                                                  Tove really ought to have even more No. 1's here, but a couple of her biggest/most enduring Paulboard hits got blocked at No. 2 ("Talking Body" and "True Disaster")
                                                  I guess this is a problem for both of us!

                                                  Originally posted by crystalphoenix View Post
                                                  [*]Bad Bunny's so f**king hot but I was genuinely impressed by the song itself too! I hadn't heard his voice much until I checked out the Un Verano Sin Ti Top 10's for UKMIX's weekly Billboard game, and it's sexy as hellll
                                                  He really is - it's the main reason Moscow Mule has had such replay for me - the video

                                                  Originally posted by crystalphoenix View Post
                                                  Ha, Akini actually got the jump on you there by sending "Problem" to No. 1 last Tuesday, but its timing on your Retro Chart made for some beautiful synchronicity!
                                                  Akini ruins everything!

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
                                                    Wow, so much music I've never heard of - I'll have to check more of it out. The #1 song is a little too downbeat when I don't need it right now, but you do augment that with that danceable #2!
                                                    A lot of other personal charts fueling those lesser-known entries! "American Teenager" is an interesting mix of bleak imagery and a sense of hope/resilience (though I might be inferring more optimism in the end than Ethel actually intended), with defintie Taylor country-pop-storytelling vibes (that comparison is how Blondini got me to check it out in the first place). Thanks for giving those a chance!

                                                    Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
                                                    I'm going to need some explanation on this Dead Mom song.
                                                    Ha, I follow a podcast (on-and-off) that discusses/lovingly pokes fun at musicals, and for some reason the Beetlejuice one really stuck in my brain (YouTube also started recommending some clips from the show, which caught my eye). I wound up watching a whole recording of it, and wasn't a huge fan but "Dead Mom" was a highlight. It strikes a great dark humor-but-also-sentimental balance, while sounding like a catchy Kelly Clarkson-esque pop song (well, lyrics aside).

                                                    Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
                                                    I feel like it would just be you and me! I'm already anticipating my Years & Years and Kendrick survivors will be a bust though, so might as well try with that one, But we need at least three of us! Very pleased Hexie Mountains is sticking in there
                                                    Damn, probably I'll be surprised if the Night Call Survivor ends up being a ghost town though (I know at least Akini's familiar with that album too). It seemed like a lot of people thought it was a step down from Communion, but that means they've at least heard it, so **fingers crossed** they turn out for the game.

                                                    Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
                                                    Akini ruins everything!
                                                    A daily chart also means more opportunities to make an impact/put songs back on my brain.

                                                    Thanks again, CT!
                                                    Last edited by crystalphoenix; Wed June 1, 2022, 21:20.
                                                    last.fmPaulboard Top 30

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X