Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paulboard Top 30 | 09.22.23 | I won't take this lightly...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by flopho View Post
    Really digging Kylie's new track, the only thing I would change is the voice editing in the chorus but nonetheless a great comeback track for her!
    Akini's echoed that sentiment. "Padam Padam (Abbey Road Version)" when?

    Originally posted by flopho View Post
    Very nice to see this year's Eurovision winner on your charts! There was some controversy on social media, especially reddit, because of her win (since she didn't win the televote) but I personally do think she was a deserving winner. Love how well it's doing on the charts too, it's not always like that with the eventual winner.
    Ah, who did Reddit view as the more-legitimate victor?

    Originally posted by flopho View Post
    Peach was finally on my radar this week, both 'Kinda Famous' and 'God Is A Bit Of A Freak' got some spins from me. Made me realize that we don't have anyone doing this kind of pure bubblegum pop in the charts right now, do we? Maybe it's her time to shine then
    YES! Embrace her beautiful blasphemous bubblegum "sorry, I'm not quite anointed..."

    Originally posted by flopho View Post
    ALMA re-entering is always good to see, I guess 'Tell Mama' didn't fully convince you? (honestly same tho)
    Ha, basically! Seeing the "Tell Mama" clip in your weekly video inspired me to revisit those other (superior) singles.

    Thanks again, flopho!
    last.fmPaulboard Top 30

    Comment


    • You'll be pleased to know that Padam Padam has clicked with me! I think the intro was kind of off-putting to me initially, though now that it's clicked. I can't seem to channel the cheapthrills of last week to ask him why he thought that.

      Karma is nice to see back - that song is low-key terrifying because it's complete facts. How can you not look at her career trajectory and not believe that karma cat is purring contentedly on her lap ready to destroy anyone who crosses her?

      Glad to see Jessie is hanging in there with Pearls - definitely was smart for her to drop that ahead of the album. Glad to see the reversal of Freak Me Now, which is starting to become the new star of the album for me.

      And Janelle! Oh I hope she sticks around and gives a dip in the Top 10 pool! What a crazy promo campaign she's got going on - I was scandalized when she was almost topless in the video, but now she's showing the world her goods everywhere - insane! I think I'm inspired to change the graphic for Janelle in the countdown just for posterity based on her Rolling Stone pictures.

      Cupid by 50-50 has been bubbling under my list for awhile now - it was actually an FSC entry a couple months ago; I can't remember if I paid it dust or not tho. So bizarre that this is the organic K-pop hit ahead of just about anything else.

      14 weeks for Cruel Summer - that's unusual, isn't it? Why's that one got such a hold on you!

      Thanks for another chart that makes my heart beat, Paul (I'm so bad at this compared to you)

      Comment


      • Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
        You'll be pleased to know that Padam Padam has clicked with me! I think the intro was kind of off-putting to me initially, though now that it's clicked. I can't seem to channel the cheapthrills of last week to ask him why he thought that.
        Hype! Pleasantly surprised it happened that quickly (I've gotta figure out how to harness the power of Personal Chart peer pressure more often...)

        Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
        Karma is nice to see back - that song is low-key terrifying because it's complete facts. How can you not look at her career trajectory and not believe that karma cat is purring contentedly on her lap ready to destroy anyone who crosses her?
        Ha, as cynical as I am about the concept of karma in general (reading about awful people getting away with awful things on a daily basis), you're very right about it being applicable to Tay's career (the rebound from reputation and Lover has been incredible)

        Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
        Glad to see Jessie is hanging in there with Pearls - definitely was smart for her to drop that ahead of the album. Glad to see the reversal of Freak Me Now, which is starting to become the new star of the album for me.
        I think "Pearls" is safely in a league of its own for me, but I could see "Freak Me Now" really cementing itself as my second-fave on T!FG!.

        Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
        And Janelle! Oh I hope she sticks around and gives a dip in the Top 10 pool! What a crazy promo campaign she's got going on - I was scandalized when she was almost topless in the video, but now she's showing the world her goods everywhere - insane! I think I'm inspired to change the graphic for Janelle in the countdown just for posterity based on her Rolling Stone pictures.
        Almost? Sounds like you need to re-watch the last minute or so but yeah, I'm fully here for Janelle fully embracing her superhuman hottness.

        "hundred men telling me cover up my areolas,
        while they blocking equal pay, sippin' on they Coca Colas..."


        Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
        Cupid by 50-50 has been bubbling under my list for awhile now - it was actually an FSC entry a couple months ago; I can't remember if I paid it dust or not tho. So bizarre that this is the organic K-pop hit ahead of just about anything else.
        Yeah, I don't wanna get too accusatory/conspiratorial (and I genuinely like the song), but the fact it blew up so quickly is definitely...unusual (especially from an act I hadn't seen buzz about beforehand, compared to BLACKPINK, TWICE, etc).

        Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
        14 weeks for Cruel Summer - that's unusual, isn't it? Why's that one got such a hold on you!
        It's always been a Lover highlight, and it's enjoying a sizable streaming boost lately (Top 20 on US Spotify, Top 40 on UK Spotify).

        Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
        Thanks for another chart that makes my heart beat, Paul (I'm so bad at this compared to you)
        Don't sell yourself shorter than we already are! Practice makes perfect.

        Thanks again, CT!
        last.fmPaulboard Top 30

        Comment


        • Paulboard Top 30
          Chart Date: 05/26/23

          • Kylie and Loyal Lobos create the first static Top 2 since December, while Kesha clears out a sizable chunk of the chart.



          TW | (LW) | WKS TOTAL | TITLE | ARTIST | PEAK

          01 (01) 02 | "Padam Padam" - Kylie Minogue | 1 (2)
          02 (02) 05 | "Como Si Nada" - Loyal Lobos | 2
          03 (04) 04 | "Karma" - Taylor Swift | 3
          04 (07) 04 | "Loved You Before" - Peach PRC | 1
          05 (05) 04 | "Eyes Closed" - Ed Sheeran | 3
          06 (03) 09 | "Pearls" - Jessie Ware | 1
          07 (06) 15 | "Cruel Summer" - Taylor Swift | 1
          08 (N-) 01 | "Peace & Quiet" - Kesha | 8
          09 (19) 04 | "Freak Me Now" - Jessie Ware | 9
          10 (N-) 01 | "Living In My Head" - Kesha | 10
          11 (N-) 01 | "All I Need Is You" - Kesha | 11
          12 (R-) 06 | "Raising Hell" - Kesha ft. Big Freedia | 7
          13 (N-) 01 | "The Best" - Tina Turner | 13
          14 (R-) 11 | "Lavender Haze" - Taylor Swift | 7
          15 (N-) 01 | "Favorite Kind Of High" - Kelly Clarkson | 15
          16 (N-) 01 | "Hate Me Harder" - Kesha | 16
          17 (N-) 01 | "Only Love Can Save Us Now" - Kesha | 17
          18 (N-) 01 | "Something To Believe In" - Kesha | 18
          19 (R-) 06 | "Kinky" - Kesha ft. Ke$ha | 1
          20 (N-) 01 | "Fine Line" - Kesha | 20
          21 (N-) 01 | "Happy" - Kesha | 21
          22 (12) 04 | "I Wrote A Song" - Mae Muller | 12
          23 (N-) 01 | "Too Far Gone" - Kesha | 23
          24 (R-) 11 | "Anti-Hero" - Taylor Swift | 1
          25 (08) 03 | "Borderline" - Ed Sheeran | 8
          26 (11) 06 | "Pray It Away" - Chl÷e | 1
          27 (N-) 01 | "The Drama" - Kesha | 27
          28 (R-) 10 | "Hymn" - Kesha | 5
          29 (N-) 01 | "Proud Mary" - Tina Turner | 29
          30 (R-) 11 | "Hits Different" - Taylor Swift | 1
          last.fmPaulboard Top 30

          Comment


          • Kesha album is quite decent. Hits Different is now an official digital release, so that's good.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Blondini View Post
              Kesha album is quite decent. Hits Different is now an official digital release, so that's good.
              Just in time for her to release another excessively-exclusive bonus track but I am grateful that HD has finally been liberated from its Target imprisonment.

              Thanks again, Blondini!

              last.fmPaulboard Top 30

              Comment


              • Ah, I didn't realise the new Kesha album was already out. I'll have to check it out.

                "Favourite Kind of High" is easily the best thing we've gotten from KC this era. No. 15 is a respectable start, but hopefully it doesn't end there.

                I checked out the Loyal Lobos song. It's a bit languid, but not bad.

                01 (01) 02 | "Padam Padam" - Kylie Minogue | 1 (2)
                02 (02) 05 | "Como Si Nada" - Loyal Lobos | 2
                03 (04) 04 | "Karma" - Taylor Swift | 3
                05 (05) 04 | "Eyes Closed" - Ed Sheeran | 3
                06 (03) 09 | "Pearls" - Jessie Ware | 1
                07 (06) 15 | "Cruel Summer" - Taylor Swift | 1
                09 (19) 04 | "Freak Me Now" - Jessie Ware | 9
                13 (N-) 01 | "The Best" - Tina Turner | 13
                14 (R-) 11 | "Lavender Haze" - Taylor Swift | 7
                15 (N-) 01 | "Favorite Kind Of High" - Kelly Clarkson | 15
                22 (12) 04 | "I Wrote A Song" - Mae Muller | 12
                24 (R-) 11 | "Anti-Hero" - Taylor Swift | 1
                25 (08) 03 | "Borderline" - Ed Sheeran | 8
                26 (11) 06 | "Pray It Away" - Chl÷e | 1
                28 (R-) 10 | "Hymn" - Kesha | 5
                29 (N-) 01 | "Proud Mary" - Tina Turner | 29
                30 (R-) 11 | "Hits Different" - Taylor Swift | 1

                Originally posted by crystalphoenix View Post
                Were you...in the hospital...? (Or did none of those meetups let you set the soundtrack for the evening)?
                Maybe I was spending too much time with guys that week. That and Madam Secretary on Netflix, which is so damn good!
                Originally posted by crystalphoenix View Post
                I was. SHOCKED. to see that he actually got MULTIPLE votes in a showdown with Jessie but yeah, if you weren't already a fan of Ed's slower side, - definitely won't change that (it certainly didn't win over Pitchfork).
                Ngl, I'm low-key obsessed with "Stoned". I've charged Ed with being soulless in the past, but damn, "Stoned" hits me smack dab in the feels.
                Akini's Top 100 Songs of All-Time [2023 Edition: #1]
                Your Billboard Top Ten: #1 Cruel Summer (x3)
                AlbumClash 2.0: [Carly Rae Jepsen vs. Olivia Rodrigo]

                Consider this – no businessman in America had sold a million of anything until Colt sold his millionth handgun.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
                  Ah, I didn't realise the new Kesha album was already out. I'll have to check it out.
                  For what it's worth, it's Pitchfork-approved It's definitely her least commerical/hook-y album (though not quite as left-field/avant-garde as "Eat The Acid" had me expecting heading into it).

                  Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
                  "Favourite Kind of High" is easily the best thing we've gotten from KC this era. No. 15 is a respectable start, but hopefully it doesn't end there.
                  Ask, and you shall receive (Well, you and Kelly both...)

                  Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
                  I checked out the Loyal Lobos song. It's a bit languid, but not bad.
                  I think it has such an enchanting sad beauty to it. That "una pooooobre diaaabla" hook really grabs me too. You're not alone, though: Blondini's chart introduced me to Loyal Lobos, but "Como Si Nada" isn't among his faves from her.

                  Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
                  Ngl, I'm low-key obsessed with "Stoned". I've charged Ed with being soulless in the past, but damn, "Stoned" hits me smack dab in the feels.
                  I don't see myself ever coming around to "Toughest," but I'll spend more time with "Stoned" on your (and Tansike's) behalf.

                  Thanks again, Akini!
                  last.fmPaulboard Top 30

                  Comment


                  • Paulboard Top 30
                    Chart Date: 06/02/23

                    • Kelly reaches the highest possible Paulboard peak for the first time in over 10 years, tallying her fifth No. 1 in total.



                    TW | (LW) | WKS TOTAL | TITLE | ARTIST | PEAK

                    01 (15) 02 | "Favorite Kind Of High" - Kelly Clarkson | 1
                    02 (01) 03 | "Padam Padam" - Kylie Minogue | 1 (2)
                    03 (02) 06 | "Como Si Nada" - Loyal Lobos | 2
                    04 (N-) 01 | "Una Freak" - Loyal Lobos | 4
                    05 (03) 05 | "Karma" - Taylor Swift | 3
                    06 (30) 12 | "Hits Different" - Taylor Swift | 1
                    07 (04) 05 | "Loved You Before" - Peach PRC | 1
                    08 (N-) 01 | "You're Losing Me" - Taylor Swift | 8
                    09 (N-) 01 | "No Hay +" - Loyal Lobos | 9
                    10 (14) 12 | "Lavender Haze" - Taylor Swift | 7
                    11 (08) 02 | "Peace & Quiet" - Kesha | 8
                    12 (R-) 07 | "Trustfall" - P!nk | 2
                    13 (24) 12 | "Anti-Hero" - Taylor Swift | 1
                    14 (R-) 06 | "Funeral" - Loyal Lobos | 3
                    15 (N-) 01 | "Dance The Night" - Dua Lipa | 15
                    16 (N-) 01 | "Love Con Espacio" - Loyal Lobos | 16
                    17 (09) 05 | "Freak Me Now" - Jessie Ware | 9
                    18 (N-) 01 | "Anywhere" - Ellur | 18
                    19 (N-) 01 | "Hardlife" - Summer Walker | 19
                    20 (05) 05 | "Eyes Closed" - Ed Sheeran | 3
                    21 (16) 02 | "Hate Me Harder" - Kesha | 16
                    22 (18) 02 | "Something To Believe In" - Kesha | 18
                    23 (21) 02 | "Happy" - Kesha | 21
                    24 (R-) 18 | "People Like Us" - Kelly Clarkson | 1 (2)
                    25 (R-) 17 | "What Doesn't Kill You (Stronger)" - Kelly Clarkson | 2
                    26 (10) 02 | "Living In My Head" - Kesha | 10
                    27 (N-) 01 | "Snow On The Beach (Featuring More Lana Del Rey)" - Taylor Swift ft. Lana Del Rey | 27
                    28 (N-) 01 | "End Of Time" - Zara Larsson | 28
                    29 (R-) 05 | "Higher Than Heaven" - Ellie Goulding | 1
                    30 (28) 11 | "Hymn" - Kesha | 5
                    last.fmPaulboard Top 30

                    Comment


                    • Great song by Ellur, of course.
                      Waffles are checked cookies

                      Comment


                      • Yay Ellur!


                        You're Losing Me is quite good though not essential. I joined YouTube Premium for a month's trial so i could download it (it's accessed via YT not as a file to keep).

                        Comment


                        • I'm pleasantly surprised to see "Favourite Kind of High" claim the top spot, but unsurprisingly, my greatest delight sits with that "Hardlife" debut. So happy to see it debut in the top 20. This looks like it's the first time she has a song charting here; is that right? I might've thought the SZA effect would've helped get "No Love" some top 30 love.

                          I definitely prefer the "More Lana" version of "Snow on the Beach" to the original mix we got. Good to see "Padam Padam" going well. There's a gay bar that I always select for first-time meet-ups with guys and the last three times I went, they played "Padam Padam", which brought me joy. They even played "Get Outta My Way" Friday night.

                          01 (15) 02 | "Favorite Kind Of High" - Kelly Clarkson | 1
                          02 (01) 03 | "Padam Padam" - Kylie Minogue | 1 (2)
                          03 (02) 06 | "Como Si Nada" - Loyal Lobos | 2
                          05 (03) 05 | "Karma" - Taylor Swift | 3
                          06 (30) 12 | "Hits Different" - Taylor Swift | 1
                          10 (14) 12 | "Lavender Haze" - Taylor Swift | 7
                          12 (R-) 07 | "Trustfall" - P!nk | 2
                          13 (24) 12 | "Anti-Hero" - Taylor Swift | 1
                          15 (N-) 01 | "Dance The Night" - Dua Lipa | 15
                          17 (09) 05 | "Freak Me Now" - Jessie Ware | 9
                          19 (N-) 01 | "Hardlife" - Summer Walker | 19
                          20 (05) 05 | "Eyes Closed" - Ed Sheeran | 3
                          21 (16) 02 | "Hate Me Harder" - Kesha | 16
                          22 (18) 02 | "Something To Believe In" - Kesha | 18
                          23 (21) 02 | "Happy" - Kesha | 21
                          24 (R-) 18 | "People Like Us" - Kelly Clarkson | 1 (2)
                          25 (R-) 17 | "What Doesn't Kill You (Stronger)" - Kelly Clarkson | 2
                          26 (10) 02 | "Living In My Head" - Kesha | 10
                          27 (N-) 01 | "Snow On The Beach (Featuring More Lana Del Rey)" - Taylor Swift ft. Lana Del Rey | 27
                          29 (R-) 05 | "Higher Than Heaven" - Ellie Goulding | 1
                          30 (28) 11 | "Hymn" - Kesha | 5

                          Originally posted by crystalphoenix View Post
                          For what it's worth, it's Pitchfork-approved It's definitely her least commerical/hook-y album (though not quite as left-field/avant-garde as "Eat The Acid" had me expecting heading into it).
                          I just finished listening to it about half an hour ago, and it's not bad on first spin. I'll have to give it a second, 'rating' listen tomorrow, but I'll endorse "Eat the Acid" not being representative of the LP.

                          Originally posted by crystalphoenix View Post
                          Ask, and you shall receive (Well, you and Kelly both...)
                          A fantastic leap to glory!

                          Originally posted by crystalphoenix View Post
                          I think it has such an enchanting sad beauty to it. That "una pooooobre diaaabla" hook really grabs me too. You're not alone, though: Blondini's chart introduced me to Loyal Lobos, but "Como Si Nada" isn't among his faves from her.
                          I may revisit it.

                          Originally posted by crystalphoenix View Post
                          I don't see myself ever coming around to "Toughest," but I'll spend more time with "Stoned" on your (and Tansike's) behalf.
                          Fair enough. "Stoned" is the one worth your investment!
                          Akini's Top 100 Songs of All-Time [2023 Edition: #1]
                          Your Billboard Top Ten: #1 Cruel Summer (x3)
                          AlbumClash 2.0: [Carly Rae Jepsen vs. Olivia Rodrigo]

                          Consider this – no businessman in America had sold a million of anything until Colt sold his millionth handgun.

                          Comment


                          • Always happy to see Kelly killing it even if she hasn't grabbed me with her music like she usually has. This does seem to be an improvement on the me/mine double release. Maybe it's that she has this talk show that makes me think she's treating music like a side gig, so I haven't been following as closely. It does feel like a return to form. What is her last #1?

                            So are you not feeling Ice Spice on Karma since she is not credited? And how are you feeling about Hits Different finally being on streaming?

                            Loyal Lobos has really captured your attention!

                            I'm curious to see if Madonna is on your next chart or the chart after. I'm excited for next week's Janelle domination on your chart

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Blondini View Post
                              Yay Ellur!


                              You're Losing Me is quite good though not essential. I joined YouTube Premium for a month's trial so i could download it (it's accessed via YT not as a file to keep).
                              Your "Anywhere" promotional campagin across UKMIX did the trick for me!

                              Ah, that's a really clever workaround that never crossed my mind! I'm less scrupulous when it comes to some of Taylor's exclusive track shenanigans but I admire your commitment to accessing them via more legitimate avenues.

                              Thanks again, Blondini!
                              last.fmPaulboard Top 30

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
                                I'm pleasantly surprised to see "Favourite Kind of High" claim the top spot, but unsurprisingly, my greatest delight sits with that "Hardlife" debut. So happy to see it debut in the top 20. This looks like it's the first time she has a song charting here; is that right? I might've thought the SZA effect would've helped get "No Love" some top 30 love.
                                Shamefully, yes Your comment inspired me to re-visit "No Love," though, and I definitely didn't give SZA's verse enough credit back when the song was making waves. "just CC me, just VV me, just that dick when I call, no more feelings involved..."

                                Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
                                I definitely prefer the "More Lana" version of "Snow on the Beach" to the original mix we got. Good to see "Padam Padam" going well. There's a gay bar that I always select for first-time meet-ups with guys and the last three times I went, they played "Padam Padam", which brought me joy. They even played "Get Outta My Way" Friday night.
                                The taste! More importantly: how did the men you brought react when it came on? ('Cause that alone could/should take them out of contention REAL quick).

                                Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
                                Fair enough. "Stoned" is the one worth your investment!
                                Yeah, you were onto something there. Being toward the end of a fairly-samey/homogenous album probably worked against my initial impressions (and I've always been more of a drinker than a smoker).

                                Thanks again, Akini!
                                last.fmPaulboard Top 30

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
                                  Always happy to see Kelly killing it even if she hasn't grabbed me with her music like she usually has. This does seem to be an improvement on the me/mine double release. Maybe it's that she has this talk show that makes me think she's treating music like a side gig, so I haven't been following as closely. It does feel like a return to form. What is her last #1?
                                  Too true! (Well, her talk show + some Christmas material, anyway). She last sat atop the Paulboard throne on 03.10.13 (the second and final week for "People Like Us").

                                  Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
                                  So are you not feeling Ice Spice on Karma since she is not credited? And how are you feeling about Hits Different finally being on streaming?
                                  Nah and now I'm annoyed that the remix didn't even help the song dethrone Morgan on the Hot 100, so there's truly nothing redeeming about it.

                                  We need a Midnights (The Til Dawn Edition) Survivor so "Hits Different" can receive some justice.

                                  Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
                                  I'm curious to see if Madonna is on your next chart or the chart after. I'm excited for next week's Janelle domination on your chart
                                  It's wild to think that a Weeknd + Madonna collab might struggle to chart at all, but "Popular" is just....not it. (Granted, even 21-No. 1-holder Ari couldn't help "Die For You" chart, so I guess Abel's on a bit of a cold streak with me lately).

                                  Thanks again, CT!
                                  last.fmPaulboard Top 30

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by crystalphoenix View Post
                                    Shamefully, yes Your comment inspired me to re-visit "No Love," though, and I definitely didn't give SZA's verse enough credit back when the song was making waves. "just CC me, just VV me, just that dick when I call, no more feelings involved..."
                                    You out-scrobbled me again last week! Guess it's the Kylie impact.

                                    "No Love" is still Summer's highest-charting song on the Hot 100, but I actually think it's overrated.

                                    Originally posted by crystalphoenix View Post
                                    The taste! More importantly: how did the men you brought react when it came on? ('Cause that alone could/should take them out of contention REAL quick).
                                    Two guys didn't know who she was, the third did. I actually ended up making out with him...though that had more to do because of who he mentioned as his fave drag queen.

                                    Originally posted by crystalphoenix View Post
                                    Yeah, you were onto something there. Being toward the end of a fairly-samey/homogenous album probably worked against my initial impressions (and I've always been more of a drinker than a smoker).
                                    Sameies.

                                    Akini's Top 100 Songs of All-Time [2023 Edition: #1]
                                    Your Billboard Top Ten: #1 Cruel Summer (x3)
                                    AlbumClash 2.0: [Carly Rae Jepsen vs. Olivia Rodrigo]

                                    Consider this – no businessman in America had sold a million of anything until Colt sold his millionth handgun.

                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
                                      You out-scrobbled me again last week! Guess it's the Kylie impact.

                                      "No Love" is still Summer's highest-charting song on the Hot 100, but I actually think it's overrated.
                                      My Dad's coming to town next week, so my Scrobbles are guaranteed to plummet while he's staying with us.

                                      Ha, oop Well, I'm still gonna credit you for getting me to finally appreciate it anyway...

                                      Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
                                      Two guys didn't know who she was, the third did. I actually ended up making out with him...though that had more to do because of who he mentioned as his fave drag queen.
                                      OK, now I FULLY understand your disdain for the dating pool. Who was the kiss-earning fave queen?

                                      Thanks again, Akini!
                                      last.fmPaulboard Top 30

                                      Comment


                                      • Paulboard Top 30
                                        Chart Date: 06/09/23

                                        • Tove likely likes coming out on top on 6/9, dominating the chart for the sixth time overall.



                                        TW | (LW) | WKS TOTAL | TITLE | ARTIST | PEAK

                                        01 (N-) 01 | "I Like U" - Tove Lo | 1
                                        02 (01) 03 | "Favorite Kind Of High" - Kelly Clarkson | 1
                                        03 (02) 04 | "Padam Padam" - Kylie Minogue | 1 (2)
                                        04 (N-) 01 | "Love Me Now" - Ofenbach ft. FAST BOY | 4
                                        05 (03) 07 | "Como Si Nada" - Loyal Lobos | 2
                                        06 (N-) 01 | "No Love" - Summer Walker ft. SZA | 6
                                        07 (28) 02 | "End Of Time" - Zara Larsson | 7
                                        08 (N-) 01 | "Greenlight" - Hayley Kiyoko | 8
                                        09 (08) 02 | "You're Losing Me" - Taylor Swift | 8
                                        10 (09) 02 | "No Hay +" - Loyal Lobos | 9
                                        11 (21) 03 | "Hate Me Harder" - Kesha | 11
                                        12 (04) 02 | "Una Freak" - Loyal Lobos | 4
                                        13 (22) 03 | "Something To Believe In" - Kesha | 13
                                        14 (05) 06 | "Karma" - Taylor Swift | 3
                                        15 (15) 02 | "Dance The Night" - Dua Lipa | 15
                                        16 (18) 02 | "Anywhere" - Ellur | 16
                                        17 (11) 03 | "Peace & Quiet" - Kesha | 8
                                        18 (07) 06 | "Loved You Before" - Peach PRC | 1
                                        19 (19) 02 | "Hardlife" - Summer Walker | 19
                                        20 (N-) 01 | "Losing Sleep" - CYN | 20
                                        21 (10) 13 | "Lavender Haze" - Taylor Swift | 7
                                        22 (R-) 02 | "Only Love Can Save Us Now" - Kesha | 17
                                        23 (23) 03 | "Happy" - Kesha | 21
                                        24 (N-) 01 | "Body Do" - Chl÷e | 24
                                        25 (20) 06 | "Eyes Closed" - Ed Sheeran | 3
                                        26 (N-) 01 | "Stoned" - Ed Sheeran | 26
                                        27 (30) 12 | "Hymn" - Kesha | 5
                                        28 (06) 13 | "Hits Different" - Taylor Swift | 1
                                        29 (N-) 01 | "Popular" - The Weeknd ft. Playboy Carti & Madonna | 29
                                        30 (N-) 01 | "Circles" - e-lie ft. Mariah Carey | 30
                                        last.fmPaulboard Top 30

                                        Comment


                                        • Not really into that Tove extra song. Sorry. I'm definitely not into The Idol and the associated songs. I loved Euphoria, as well. Yay Ellur going up.

                                          Comment


                                          • is the early 2000s music dance music back for real? at least "i like u" wants to convince us it is
                                            Last edited by heppolo; Tue June 13, 2023, 04:46.
                                            Waffles are checked cookies

                                            Comment


                                            • Favorite Kind of High is also growing on me. Especially the remix.
                                              Great to see Mariah in your chart. I love her Portuguese version of Circles.
                                              Not sure yet how I feel about the new Madonna song Popular.
                                              Blessed to say I've seen Mariah live 8x, Madonna live 8x, CÚline Dion live 8x and many others once or a few times.

                                              Comment


                                              • Originally posted by Blondini View Post
                                                Not really into that Tove extra song. Sorry. I'm definitely not into The Idol and the associated songs. I loved Euphoria, as well. Yay Ellur going up.
                                                I thought Tove's latest might stand a chance with you, but no worries about "Popular" (I wouldn't have given it more than a couple spins if it wasn't for Madonna's presence/hoping it would click with me more). I knew it was for a TV series, but I had no idea that show's connected to Euphoria (which I haven't seen either, but still an interesting tidbit).

                                                Thanks again, Blondini!

                                                last.fmPaulboard Top 30

                                                Comment


                                                • Originally posted by heppolo View Post
                                                  is the early 2000s music dance music back for real? at least "i love u" wants to convince us it is
                                                  Ha, exactly! Extremely nostalgic. It's almost like it samples something (or at least comes as close as legally possible without needing to credit the original writers) I can't put my finger on exactly what, but definitely of that era. Slots right into a playlist with "Rapture," "Look At Us," etc.

                                                  Thanks again, heppolo!
                                                  last.fmPaulboard Top 30

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                                                    Favorite Kind of High is also growing on me. Especially the remix.
                                                    Great to see Mariah in your chart. I love her Portuguese version of Circles.
                                                    Not sure yet how I feel about the new Madonna song Popular.
                                                    Yes! I liked the dual lead singles well enough, but "Favorite Kind Of High" takes me back to the MLWSWY/"What Doesn't Kill You (Stronger)"/"People Like Us" style of upbeat dopamine-rush pop that she hadn't touched in a while. "I don't have no contrOoOoOl..."

                                                    Portuguese version of "Circles"?! You'll have to fill me in on that one!

                                                    "Vulgar" >> "Popular," for sure.

                                                    Thanks again, RayRay!
                                                    last.fmPaulboard Top 30

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X