Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paulboard Top 30 | 09.23.22 | tearing down the doors of the city...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by heppolo View Post
    Moving Like That" - Omar Rudberg - nice to see something chating related to both FSC, Eurovision (Swedish National Final) and other personal charts
    Both Akini and Cheapthrills have been BIG advocates of that song here in Personal Charts, so their insistence finally wore me down.

    Many thanks for that Phoebe recommendation! So soft, tender, beautiful - and really gutwrenching at times (though I'm not sure what else I expected from a song called "Funeral," ha) She doesn't hold back on being candid, raw, bleak. It's easy to see how her music would deeply resonate with people.

    Thanks again, heppolo!

    last.fmPaulboard Top 30

    Comment


    • I'm going to have to give New Shapes another chance as I didn't realize Caroline Polachek was on it, and I can't resist a Colorado connection. She was part of a local duo called Chairlift when she was going to college here.

      I'm delighted more with the lower half obviously because it's full of songs/artists I've also charted - Orville! Bruno , Tove Lo, Shinigami Eyes, Mitski! More than pleased that Mitski is in your top ten especially. What a great playlist you've come up with at your mid-year (Seeing Shinigami Eyes makes me realize that Grimes didn't give us anything after that, did she? So weird. I guess when your baby dadyy has enough to buy Twitter, you can take your time with everything.)

      AS for your weekly, #30 is courtesy play territory, but I'll take it! I hope it grows on you! Also hoping Break My Soul can squeak up to #1 at least one week - what are her #1s on your chart? Nice to see the Years & Years tracks in here as well, though Make It Out Alive doesn't look likely to do so with the latest round

      Comment


      • Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
        I'm going to have to give New Shapes another chance as I didn't realize Caroline Polachek was on it, and I can't resist a Colorado connection. She was part of a local duo called Chairlift when she was going to college here.
        I didn't know Caroline was a CU alumna! Do you have any Charlift recs? Sadly, "New Shapes" doesn't seem to be a fan fave, but I really don't understand why I think that trio works some serious magic together.

        Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
        I'm delighted more with the lower half obviously because it's full of songs/artists I've also charted - Orville! Bruno , Tove Lo, Shinigami Eyes, Mitski! More than pleased that Mitski is in your top ten especially. What a great playlist you've come up with at your mid-year (Seeing Shinigami Eyes makes me realize that Grimes didn't give us anything after that, did she? So weird. I guess when your baby dadyy has enough to buy Twitter, you can take your time with everything.)
        Mitski owes that entirely to you! I'd seen her name around, but who knows if/when I would've actually given her a listen if you hadn't charted "Love Me More." Ha, yeah, Grimes is a tad notorious for handling releases on her own extremely-unpredictable/fickle timeline and ugh, don't get me started on this immensely talented, creative, outspoken artpop pixie somehow falling head-over-heels for the world's biggest, richest, conservative Twitter troll. It hurts my brain and my heart far too much.

        Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
        AS for your weekly, #30 is courtesy play territory, but I'll take it! I hope it grows on you! Also hoping Break My Soul can squeak up to #1 at least one week - what are her #1s on your chart? Nice to see the Years & Years tracks in here as well, though Make It Out Alive doesn't look likely to do so with the latest round
        Shamefully (of me), B only has two Paulboard No. 1's (so far): "Best Thing I Never Had" and "XO" She's come close with a few No. 2's, though: "Countdown," "Drunk In Love," "Sorry" (and probably "Break My Soul" too). People are really sleeping on "Make It Out Alive" It's SUCH a lovely song, and the tempo change is much appreciated/refreshing on that album.

        "and maybe that's the way I was made,
        to hold on to the things that I can't change,
        I just wish I had the courage to see the truth..."


        Thanks again, CT!

        last.fmPaulboard Top 30

        Comment


        • Okay, I think this chart answers the question I posed in my daily chart thread about your fave Night Call songs. I'll have to revisit them.

          I did check out "Runner's High" and I like it. Super happy that Omar was able to just sneak in there! I see that our "Sweeter Than Fiction" discussion brought that one back as well.

          01 (N-) 01 | "Runner's High" - MUNA | 1 (1)
          02 (02) 02 | "Break My Soul" - Beyoncé | 2
          06 (05) 12 | "Message In A Bottle (Taylor's Version)" - Taylor Swift | 1 (2) | [2xP]
          13 (N-) 01 | "Catch Me In The Air" - Rina Sawayama | 13
          14 (N-) 01 | "Carolina" - Taylor Swift | 14
          15 (15) 09 | "Make It Out Alive" - Years & Years | 9 | [P]
          16 (R-) 11 | "New Shapes" - Charli XCX ft. Christine And The Queens & Caroline Polachek | 1 (2) | [2xP]
          19 (06) 04 | "Crush" - Ethel Cain | 1 (1) | [P]
          20 (R-) 09 | "Anything But Me" - MUNA | 1 (2) | [2xP]
          21 (09) 06 | "American Teenager" - Ethel Cain | 1 (3) | [2xP]
          22 (R-) 07 | "The Very First Night (Taylor's Version)" - Taylor Swift | 2 | [P]
          23 (R-) 03 | "Night Call" - Years & Years | 3 | [G]
          24 (R-) 07 | "Crash" - Charli XCX | 2 | [P]
          25 (R-) 08 | "Sweeter Than Fiction" - Taylor Swift | 1 (1) | [2xP]
          26 (04) 05 | "She Don't Know" - Carrie Underwood | 4 | [G]
          27 (R-) 05 | "This Hell" - Rina Sawayama | 8 | [G]
          28 (R-) 06 | "Lucid" - Rina Sawayama | 3 | [G]
          29 (26) 02 | "Texts Go Green" - Drake | 26
          30 (N-) 01 | "Moving Like That" - Omar Rudberg | 30

          Originally posted by crystalphoenix View Post
          No worries, no rush! Normally I wouldn't post those both so close together, but I wanted to drop the Mid-Year Update right on July 1st, and that happens to be a Friday/chart day this year.

          Encanto had pretty much the whole world talking earlier this year! Very curious to see the eventual order of its singles/highlights on your YEC. SMH @ the UKMIX size queens not giving "Lost Track" a chance due to its length, though I get that people are tired of sub-3 minute-songs becoming such a pervasive trend strictly to suit streaming services, but that doesn't mean talented artists can't deliver high-quality, worthwhile products under those restrictions. Songs shouldn't be automatically considered "incomplete" just because they lack a bridge or 3rd repetition of the chorus. Embrace atypical song structures! That mini-rant aside: really glad to see you quote so many entries, and hopefully your appreciation for them continues to grow in the second half of 2022!

          Thanks again, Akini!
          Agreed! My 2021 year-end no. 1 clocks in at 2:17.
          Akini's Top 100 Albums of All-Time: [#58]
          Akini's Favourite Films: [60-56]
          Your Billboard Top Ten: #1 Running Up That Hill [7 weeks]
          AlbumClash 2.0: [Beyoncé vs. Ari Lennox vs. BLACKPINK]

          Yeah, they smile to your face and Prop-8 you in the back.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
            Okay, I think this chart answers the question I posed in my daily chart thread about your fave Night Call songs. I'll have to revisit them.
            There'll be an even bigger Night Call Survivor impact on my next chart, so more of my faves should return (and maybe some of UKMIX's faves will dent it too).

            Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
            I did check out "Runner's High" and I like it. Super happy that Omar was able to just sneak in there! I see that our "Sweeter Than Fiction" discussion brought that one back as well.
            Many thanks for giving "Runner's High" a chance! Much of that song feels pretty typically-MUNA (soft, wistful, pensive/reflective)...and then the chorus abruptly punches you in the eardrum That juxtaposition really works for me! Omar owes you and Cheap BIG-time for making that debut finally happen, so hopefully he compensates you both accordingly.

            Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
            Agreed! My 2021 year-end no. 1 clocks in at 2:17.
            Shame on me for needing to look that up but yes, another PRIME example of a completely-satisfying short song! IMO a truly "incomplete"/"too short" song is something like the original album version of Ri's "Birthday Cake" (where the track literally fades out in the middle of a sentence at the 1:18 mark).

            Thanks again, Akini!
            last.fmPaulboard Top 30

            Comment


            • Paulboard Top 30
              Chart Date: 07/08/22

              • Thanks to the Survivor Effect, "Make It Out Alive" completes the longest climb to No. 1 since Taylor Swift's "Ivy" reached the top spot in its 14th week. This marks the fourth No. 1 for Years & Years, following "Shine," "If You're Over Me," and "All For You."



              TW | LW | WKS ON | TITLE | ARTIST | PEAK | CERT

              01 (15) 10 | "Make It Out Alive" - Years & Years | 1 (1) | [P]
              02 (R-) 11 | "King" - Years & Years | 2 | [2xP]
              03 (01) 02 | "Runner's High" - MUNA | 1 (1) | [G]
              04 (02) 03 | "Break My Soul" - Beyoncé | 2 | [G]
              05 (03) 04 | "Voor Altijd" - Maxine | 1 (1) | [G]
              06 (R-) 02 | "Currents" - Drake | 6
              07 (R-) 04 | "Starstruck (Kylie Minogue Remix)" - Years & Years ft. Kylie Minogue | 7 | [G]
              08 (23) 04 | "Night Call" - Years & Years | 3 | [G]
              09 (05) 06 | "Home By Now" - MUNA | 3 | [P]
              10 (04) 02 | "Ghosts!" - Silver Sphere | 4
              11 (R-) 08 | "Runway" - Mariah Carey | 4 | [P]
              12 (R-) 02 | "About Damn Time" - Lizzo | 12 | [G]
              13 (07) 02 | "Loose Garment" - MUNA | 7
              14 (21) 07 | "American Teenager" - Ethel Cain | 1 (3) | [2xP]
              15 (N-) 01 | "Blue Dream Baby" - Fancy Hagood ft. Kacey Musgraves | 15
              16 (R-) 05 | "A Second To Midnight" - Kylie Minogue ft. Years & Years | 5 | [G]
              17 (13) 02 | "Catch Me In The Air" - Rina Sawayama | 13
              18 (R-) 07 | "Lost Track" - HAIM | 1 (2) | [P]
              19 (29) 03 | "Texts Go Green" - Drake | 19
              20 (26) 06 | "She Don't Know" - Carrie Underwood | 4 | [P]
              21 (09) 02 | "Waste My Time" - Silver Sphere | 9
              22 (R-) 04 | "See You Again" - Years & Years | 10 | [G]
              23 (R-) 37 | "We Found Love" - Rihanna ft. Calvin Harris | 1 (6) | [8xP]
              24 (11) 02 | "Shooting Star" - MUNA | 11
              25 (R-) 18 | "Shine" - Years & Years | 1 (1) | [2xP]
              26 (R-) 05 | "Late Night Talking" - Harry Styles | 3 | [G]
              27 (R-) 11 | "I'm So Tired..." - Lauv ft. Troye Sivan | 2 | [P]
              28 (N-) 01 | "Falling Back" - Drake | 28
              29 (R-) 03 | "So Good" - Halsey | 5
              30 (20) 10 | "Anything But Me" - MUNA | 1 (2) | [2xP]

              [GOLD] = 25+ total plays
              [PLAT] = 50+ total plays
              last.fmPaulboard Top 30

              Comment


              • Great to see so many Years & Years songs in your list. I started to play Hallucination and Immaculate more now. Two songs that don't make your list.

                Did you hear Runway by Mariah before it was released to streaming or is it totally new to you?

                Maxine may have dropped out of the UKMIX chart, but still got a mention at being #81.
                Treated me kind, sweet destiny, carried me through desperation... Prayed through the nights, carried the weight on my own and now I know I've succeeded in finding the place I conceived... I had a Vision of Love

                Comment


                • Interesting #1! For me, it's a big forgettable as the album is pretty competitive in terms of attention-grabbing jams, but I'll revisit it.

                  What brought back "We Found Love" - the 2011 survivor?

                  As you're already aware, there's more Drake on my chart in these last few days than is normally the case. His new album is a grower and the best we've heard from him in a while indeed. Certainly his best since Scorpion!

                  01 (15) 10 | "Make It Out Alive" - Years & Years | 1 (1) | [P]
                  02 (R-) 11 | "King" - Years & Years | 2 | [2xP]
                  03 (01) 02 | "Runner's High" - MUNA | 1 (1) | [G]
                  04 (02) 03 | "Break My Soul" - Beyoncé | 2 | [G]
                  06 (R-) 02 | "Currents" - Drake | 6
                  07 (R-) 04 | "Starstruck (Kylie Minogue Remix)" - Years & Years ft. Kylie Minogue | 7 | [G]
                  08 (23) 04 | "Night Call" - Years & Years | 3 | [G]
                  11 (R-) 08 | "Runway" - Mariah Carey | 4 | [P]
                  12 (R-) 02 | "About Damn Time" - Lizzo | 12 | [G]
                  14 (21) 07 | "American Teenager" - Ethel Cain | 1 (3) | [2xP]
                  16 (R-) 05 | "A Second To Midnight" - Kylie Minogue ft. Years & Years | 5 | [G]
                  17 (13) 02 | "Catch Me In The Air" - Rina Sawayama | 13
                  18 (R-) 07 | "Lost Track" - HAIM | 1 (2) | [P]
                  19 (29) 03 | "Texts Go Green" - Drake | 19
                  20 (26) 06 | "She Don't Know" - Carrie Underwood | 4 | [P]
                  23 (R-) 37 | "We Found Love" - Rihanna ft. Calvin Harris | 1 (6) | [8xP]
                  26 (R-) 05 | "Late Night Talking" - Harry Styles | 3 | [G]
                  28 (N-) 01 | "Falling Back" - Drake | 28
                  30 (20) 10 | "Anything But Me" - MUNA | 1 (2) | [2xP]
                  Akini's Top 100 Albums of All-Time: [#58]
                  Akini's Favourite Films: [60-56]
                  Your Billboard Top Ten: #1 Running Up That Hill [7 weeks]
                  AlbumClash 2.0: [Beyoncé vs. Ari Lennox vs. BLACKPINK]

                  Yeah, they smile to your face and Prop-8 you in the back.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                    Great to see so many Years & Years songs in your list. I started to play Hallucination and Immaculate more now. Two songs that don't make your list.
                    Ha, well, those two still need to grow on me but the Survivor definitely increased my appreciation for the album overall.

                    Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                    Did you hear Runway by Mariah before it was released to streaming or is it totally new to you?
                    I've been playing it for a while thanks to YouTube, but I'm glad she finally made it properly available everywhere! Not sure why she waited quite so long but it did inspire me to revisit Caution now.

                    Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                    Maxine may have dropped out of the UKMIX chart, but still got a mention at being #81.
                    So close! It was great to see CZB still give her a shout-out anyway, though.

                    Thanks again, RayRay!

                    last.fmPaulboard Top 30

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
                      Interesting #1! For me, it's a big forgettable as the album is pretty competitive in terms of attention-grabbing jams, but I'll revisit it.
                      I'm definitely in a very small minority (possibly the only one) for feeling this way, but it had the opposite effect on me! The fact that it's slower, softer, sweeter (and just a lovely/heartfelt song in general) helped it stand out more to me, whereas some of that album's many horny-n-sassy uptempos feel a bit samey/blur together. Y&Y do vulnerable well too ("Memo," "Eyes Shut," etc).

                      Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
                      What brought back "We Found Love" - the 2011 survivor?
                      Nah, that one’s all you! I mentioned how I couldn't relate to the massive "This Hell" enthusiasm around UKMIX (after LOVING SAWAYAMA), and you mentioned that you'd been in the same boat with "We Found Love” back in the day.

                      Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
                      As you're already aware, there's more Drake on my chart in these last few days than is normally the case. His new album is a grower and the best we've heard from him in a while indeed. Certainly his best since Scorpion!
                      That album's SUCH a pleasant surprise (though it seems like most of his usual fanbase disagrees - aside from "Jimmy Cooks" and "Sticky," anyway).

                      Thanks again, Akini!
                      Last edited by crystalphoenix; Thu July 14, 2022, 13:55.
                      last.fmPaulboard Top 30

                      Comment


                      • "King" is an amazing pop song.
                        Waffles are checked cookies

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by heppolo View Post
                          "King" is an amazing pop song.
                          Yeah, I've enjoyed a lot of their material since then, but that one really is something special. During its original run on my chart back in 2015, it got blocked from No. 1 by Ryn Weaver's "OctaHate."

                          Thanks again, heppolo!

                          last.fmPaulboard Top 30

                          Comment


                          • Paulboard Top 30
                            Chart Date: 07/15/22

                            • Drake rides the waves to his third No. 1 (as the lead artist), a feat he last achieved with "Hold On, We're Going Home" way back in 2013.



                            TW | LW | WKS ON | TITLE | ARTIST | PEAK | CERT

                            01 (06) 03 | "Currents" - Drake | 1 (1) | [G]
                            02 (15) 02 | "Blue Dream Baby" - Fancy Hagood ft. Kacey Musgraves | 2
                            03 (N-) 01 | "Other Side Of Love" - Karen Harding | 3
                            04 (26) 06 | "Late Night Talking" - Harry Styles | 3 | [P]
                            05 (01) 11 | "Make It Out Alive" - Years & Years | 1 (1) | [2xP]
                            06 (03) 03 | "Runner's High" - MUNA | 1 (1) | [G]
                            07 (09) 07 | "Home By Now" - MUNA | 3 | [P]
                            08 (04) 04 | "Break My Soul" - Beyoncé | 2 | [G]
                            09 (08) 05 | "Night Call" - Years & Years | 3 | [G]
                            10 (R-) 02 | "What I Want" - MUNA | 10
                            11 (N-) 01 | "Consequences" - Years & Years | 11
                            12 (N-) 01 | "Flight's Booked" - Drake | 12
                            13 (R-) 04 | "As It Was" - Harry Styles | 13 | [G]
                            14 (07) 05 | "Starstruck (Kylie Minogue Remix)" - Years & Years ft. Kylie Minogue | 7 | [P]
                            15 (N-) 01 | "Hypnotized" - Sophie Ellis-Bextor ft. Wuh Oh | 15
                            16 (R-) 02 | "Keep Driving" - Harry Styles | 16
                            17 (05) 05 | "Voor Altijd" - Maxine | 1 (1) | [P]
                            18 (R-) 02 | "Music For A Sushi Restaurant" - Harry Styles | 18
                            19 (R-) 02 | "Satellite" - Harry Styles | 13
                            20 (12) 03 | "About Damn Time" - Lizzo | 12 | [G]
                            21 (19) 04 | "Texts Go Green" - Drake | 19
                            22 (10) 03 | "Ghosts!" - Silver Sphere | 4 | [G]
                            23 (28) 02 | "Falling Back" - Drake | 23
                            24 (R-) 03 | "Running Up That Hill (A Deal With God)" - Kate Bush | 13
                            25 (30) 11 | "Anything But Me" - MUNA | 1 (2) | [2xP]
                            26 (13) 03 | "Loose Garment" - MUNA | 7
                            27 (24) 03 | "Shooting Star" - MUNA | 11
                            28 (R-) 04 | "Cherry Blossom" - Kacey Musgraves | 8 | [G]
                            29 (R-) 07 | "This Enchanted" - Hatchie | 1 (2) | [P]
                            30 (R-) 06 | "Sooner Or Later" - Years & Years | 6 | [G]

                            [GOLD] = 25+ total plays
                            [PLAT] = 50+ total plays
                            last.fmPaulboard Top 30

                            Comment


                            • Don't you like Hallucination and Immaculate by Years & Years?
                              Treated me kind, sweet destiny, carried me through desperation... Prayed through the nights, carried the weight on my own and now I know I've succeeded in finding the place I conceived... I had a Vision of Love

                              Comment


                              • Drake topping both of our charts this week - what a time! So his lead no. 1s here are "Current", "Hold On...", and what? "Best I Ever Had"?

                                I appreciate the strong Drake presence, despite "Calling My Name" being nowhere to be found, and these MUNA/Harry Styles entries are gonna need to be played/replayed as I've forgotten how several sound.

                                Great chart overall, though. No surprise as average isn't something you do!

                                01 (06) 03 | "Currents" - Drake | 1 (1) | [G]
                                04 (26) 06 | "Late Night Talking" - Harry Styles | 3 | [P]
                                05 (01) 11 | "Make It Out Alive" - Years & Years | 1 (1) | [2xP]
                                06 (03) 03 | "Runner's High" - MUNA | 1 (1) | [G]
                                07 (09) 07 | "Home By Now" - MUNA | 3 | [P]
                                08 (04) 04 | "Break My Soul" - Beyoncé | 2 | [G]
                                09 (08) 05 | "Night Call" - Years & Years | 3 | [G]
                                11 (N-) 01 | "Consequences" - Years & Years | 11
                                12 (N-) 01 | "Flight's Booked" - Drake | 12
                                13 (R-) 04 | "As It Was" - Harry Styles | 13 | [G]
                                14 (07) 05 | "Starstruck (Kylie Minogue Remix)" - Years & Years ft. Kylie Minogue | 7 | [P]
                                16 (R-) 02 | "Keep Driving" - Harry Styles | 16
                                18 (R-) 02 | "Music For A Sushi Restaurant" - Harry Styles | 18
                                19 (R-) 02 | "Satellite" - Harry Styles | 13
                                20 (12) 03 | "About Damn Time" - Lizzo | 12 | [G]
                                21 (19) 04 | "Texts Go Green" - Drake | 19
                                23 (28) 02 | "Falling Back" - Drake | 23
                                24 (R-) 03 | "Running Up That Hill (A Deal With God)" - Kate Bush | 13
                                25 (30) 11 | "Anything But Me" - MUNA | 1 (2) | [2xP]
                                28 (R-) 04 | "Cherry Blossom" - Kacey Musgraves | 8 | [G]
                                30 (R-) 06 | "Sooner Or Later" - Years & Years | 6 | [G]
                                Akini's Top 100 Albums of All-Time: [#58]
                                Akini's Favourite Films: [60-56]
                                Your Billboard Top Ten: #1 Running Up That Hill [7 weeks]
                                AlbumClash 2.0: [Beyoncé vs. Ari Lennox vs. BLACKPINK]

                                Yeah, they smile to your face and Prop-8 you in the back.

                                Comment


                                • 03 (N-) 01 | "Other Side Of Love" - Karen Harding - сlassic house sound, Karen gives her all vocally
                                  Waffles are checked cookies

                                  Comment


                                  • Loving all the MUNA here, especially 'What I Want'! Listened to 'Voor Altijd' and I like it
                                    Nice to see Kacey, Kate and Harry as well; About Damn Time is growing on me.
                                    Ne me cherche pas, je ne suis plus là, baby

                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by flopho View Post
                                      Loving all the MUNA here, especially 'What I Want'! Listened to 'Voor Altijd' and I like it
                                      Nice to see Kacey, Kate and Harry as well; About Damn Time is growing on me.
                                      Great to see you like "Voor Altijd". There is also an English version: "Only Us".

                                      https://open.spotify.com/track/5icnT...33bdd7dc864fd1
                                      Treated me kind, sweet destiny, carried me through desperation... Prayed through the nights, carried the weight on my own and now I know I've succeeded in finding the place I conceived... I had a Vision of Love

                                      Comment


                                      • Is Fancy Hagood the same person that was behind whoisfancy years ago? I fell like it's the same voice? I guess I could google. It's really Kacey being on the song that made me check it out.

                                        You must ne so disappointed in me that I paid Late Night Talking dust compared to the sushi song. But I don't dislike it! It's just my head was turned I'm glad Sushi is getting some notice as well though! Harry's House is probably in my top five albums for the year.

                                        Loving the Years & Years resurgence even if Make It Out Alive isn't my favorite - I love when Olly gets any sort of attention, and at least we seem to agree on Consequences!

                                        Ghosts is wonderful - never heard it before - will file it away into my Halloween playlist

                                        As for your #1, I did not realize you were a Drake fan! I feel like I paid his album dust this year, and it's not that I dislike it. it just feels kind of... there to me. It's inoffensive and feels like background music for me.

                                        Comment


                                        • Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                                          Don't you like Hallucination and Immaculate by Years & Years?
                                          They're OK There's just a lot of other Night Call tracks I enjoy even more. The Survivor really increased my appreciation/affection for that whole album!

                                          Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                                          Great to see you like "Voor Altijd". There is also an English version: "Only Us".

                                          https://open.spotify.com/track/5icnT...33bdd7dc864fd1
                                          Doing Maxine proud with some extra promo! Mentioning the English version is a smart call, since that probably has a better chance of connecting with people here.

                                          Thanks again, RayRay!
                                          last.fmPaulboard Top 30

                                          Comment


                                          • Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
                                            Drake topping both of our charts this week - what a time! So his lead no. 1s here are "Current", "Hold On...", and what? "Best I Ever Had"?
                                            Exactly! You know how to read me like a book, see right through me like I'm bathing in Windex, etc.

                                            Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
                                            I appreciate the strong Drake presence, despite "Calling My Name" being nowhere to be found, and these MUNA/Harry Styles entries are gonna need to be played/replayed as I've forgotten how several sound.
                                            Unfortunately, that "p*sssyyyyy"-filled chorus doesn't have quite the same effect on me but you did make "Flight's Booked" happen!

                                            Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
                                            Great chart overall, though. No surprise as average isn't something you do!
                                            Flattery like that will get you everywhere.

                                            Thanks again, Akini!

                                            last.fmPaulboard Top 30

                                            Comment


                                            • Originally posted by heppolo View Post
                                              03 (N-) 01 | "Other Side Of Love" - Karen Harding - сlassic house sound, Karen gives her all vocally
                                              She really nails it! I only knew of Karen from "Say Something" before this, so I'm glad Shane made a thread for it in the Songs section and brought it to my attention.

                                              Thanks again, heppolo!

                                              last.fmPaulboard Top 30

                                              Comment


                                              • Originally posted by flopho View Post
                                                Loving all the MUNA here, especially 'What I Want'!
                                                I owe Akini for getting me into MUNA by showing "Stayaway" some love over on his chart, and I've really enjoyed exploring their discography! Admittedly, "What I Want" wasn't one of my early favorites from their latest album but seeing all the enthusiasm in its Songs section thread inspired me to re-visit it.

                                                Originally posted by flopho View Post
                                                Listened to 'Voor Altijd' and I like it
                                                Many thanks for giving "Voor Altijd" a chance! RayRay's chart deserves all the credit for introducing me to that Dutch gem.

                                                Originally posted by flopho View Post
                                                Nice to see Kacey, Kate and Harry as well; About Damn Time is growing on me.
                                                Same! It's not one of my absolute favorite songs of 2022, but it's definitely among the more appealing options when it comes to songs that have been big global hits this year.

                                                Thanks again, flopho!
                                                Last edited by crystalphoenix; Wed July 20, 2022, 17:50.
                                                last.fmPaulboard Top 30

                                                Comment


                                                • Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
                                                  Is Fancy Hagood the same person that was behind whoisfancy years ago? I fell like it's the same voice? I guess I could google. It's really Kacey being on the song that made me check it out.
                                                  Exactly! No idea what inspired the name change, though (label issues, personal rebirth, etc). Any chance Kacey's contributions are enough keep you playing the song...? She does get a decent amount of track time/it feels like a proper duet.

                                                  Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
                                                  You must be so disappointed in me that I paid Late Night Talking dust compared to the sushi song. But I don't dislike it! It's just my head was turned I'm glad Sushi is getting some notice as well though! Harry's House is probably in my top five albums for the year.
                                                  Slightly but I know you're not alone in finding "Late Night Talking" to be just OK (I think I'm in a very small minority for having it as my clear Harry's House fave). Right now, HH is my 8th-most-played album this year, but its inevitable Survivor will amost certainly bump it up that list.

                                                  Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
                                                  Loving the Years & Years resurgence even if Make It Out Alive isn't my favorite - I love when Olly gets any sort of attention, and at least we seem to agree on Consequences!
                                                  The Survivor definitely increased my appreciation of that one (and of Night Call overall).

                                                  Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
                                                  Ghosts is wonderful - never heard it before - will file it away into my Halloween playlist
                                                  YES! SO glad you checked out "Ghosts!," since its Halloween Playlist potential had absolutely crossed my mind. Mission accomplished!

                                                  Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
                                                  As for your #1, I did not realize you were a Drake fan! I feel like I paid his album dust this year, and it's not that I dislike it. it just feels kind of... there to me. It's inoffensive and feels like background music for me.
                                                  Ha, well, "fan" might be a stretch (of his music, anyway) but that helped make this album such a pleasant surprise! Never would've expected him to put out a full house/club music project. Its tracks are his first Paulboard entries (as the lead) since "Too Good" from 2016.

                                                  Thanks again, CT!

                                                  last.fmPaulboard Top 30

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Paulboard Top 30
                                                    Chart Date: 07/22/22

                                                    • The CheapChart influence is strong enough to send MisterWives straight to No. 1 (with another Top 10 along for the ride) in the band's Paulboard premiere.



                                                    TW | LW | WKS ON | TITLE | ARTIST | PEAK | CERT

                                                    01 (N-) 01 | "Easy" - MisterWives | 1 (1)
                                                    02 (R-) 04 | "What Else Can I Do?" - Encanto Cast | 2 | [P]
                                                    03 (01) 04 | "Currents" - Drake | 1 (1) | [G]
                                                    04 (02) 03 | "Blue Dream Baby" - Fancy Hagood ft. Kacey Musgraves | 2 | [G]
                                                    05 (03) 02 | "Other Side Of Love" - Karen Harding | 3
                                                    06 (N-) 01 | "2 Be Loved (Am I Ready)" - Lizzo | 6
                                                    07 (20) 04 | "About Damn Time" - Lizzo | 7 | [G]
                                                    08 (04) 07 | "Late Night Talking" - Harry Styles | 3 | [P]
                                                    09 (N-) 01 | "Easy Lover" - Ellie Goulding ft. Big Sean | 9
                                                    10 (N-) 01 | "Where Do We Go From Here?" - MisterWives | 10
                                                    11 (08) 05 | "Break My Soul" - Beyoncé | 2 | [P]
                                                    12 (R-) 05 | "Surface Pressure" - Encanto Cast | 1 (1) | [G]
                                                    13 (R-) 06 | "We Don't Talk About Bruno" - Encanto Cast | 1 (1) | [P]
                                                    14 (R-) 06 | "Funny" - Zedd ft. Jasmine Thompson | 6 | [G]
                                                    15 (R-) 05 | "The Family Madrigal" - Encanto Cast | 9
                                                    16 (N-) 01 | "Crying On The Dance Floor" - Mabel | 16
                                                    17 (06) 04 | "Runner's High" - MUNA | 1 (1) | [G]
                                                    18 (07) 08 | "Home By Now" - MUNA | 3 | [P]
                                                    19 (R-) 12 | "Clarity" - Zedd ft. Foxes | 1 (1) | [2xP]
                                                    20 (R-) 10 | "The Middle" - Zedd ft. Maren Morris | 2 | [2xP]
                                                    21 (R-) 11 | "Call On Me" - Starley | 2 | [2xP]
                                                    22 (R-) 08 | "American Teenager" - Ethel Cain | 1 (3) | [2xP]
                                                    23 (10) 03 | "What I Want" - MUNA | 10
                                                    24 (R-) 07 | "Body Talk" - Foxes | 1 (1) | [G]
                                                    25 (R-) 06 | "Tides" - Ellie Goulding | 5 | [G]
                                                    26 (17) 06 | "Voor Altijd" - Maxine | 1 (1) | [P]
                                                    27 (R-) 13 | "Beautiful Trauma" - P!nk | 1 (1) | [P]
                                                    28 (R-) 07 | "Hasta Los Dientes" - Camila Cabello ft. Maria Becerra | 2 | [P]
                                                    29 (R-) 09 | "Weightless" - Natasha Bedingfield | 2 | [2xP]
                                                    30 (R-) 08 | "Tell Me A Lie" - One Direction | 1 (1) | [2xP]

                                                    [GOLD] = 25+ total plays
                                                    [PLAT] = 50+ total plays
                                                    last.fmPaulboard Top 30

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X