Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paulboard Top 30 | 11.25.22 | the biggest hearts are the biggest targets...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by flopho View Post
    Same #1 is she coming for a UKMIX Parade #1?
    The power of RINA! My next chart should arrive on-schedule on Friday, and I'm not sure if "Hurricanes" will still be sitting at No. 1 (but even if it's not, it shouldn't fall far).

Thanks again, flopho!
    last.fmPaulboard Top 30

Comment

• Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
      I am sorry for not coordinating a Hurricanes domination with you all.
      You need to play OOTW at least 10 times as penance (or check out the rest of Hold The Girl. Or both).

Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
      Very pleased with Wrongside making it to #11, though hopefully it can at least make it to top 10 at some point.
      Honestly, I was surprised to see that I'd played it as much as I had Akini's enthusiasm must've made an even bigger impact than I realized.

Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
      the drop for Hold Me Closer tho!
      Hopefully the rumored PNAU Remix will help elevate it closer to the quality of "Cold Heart."

Thanks again, CT!
      last.fmPaulboard Top 30

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post
        Great to see "Dat Het Beter Kon" by Claudia de Breij is entering even if it's only at #30.

And fab to see Woke Up In Love by Kygo/Calum Scott entering. I love that song.
        I'd love to hear more Post Malone songs re-imagined like that!

Paulboard competition is pretty tough right now (especially with Rina's album fully available), so "Woke Up In Love" might not shine here as much as it would during calmer times, but hopefully it'll give Calum another big hit on official charts. **Fingers crossed**

Thanks again, RayRay!
        last.fmPaulboard Top 30

Comment

• Originally posted by heppolo View Post
          Great to see Rina at #1, a bit surprising to see such a strong entrance by The 1975, it's an ok song for sure, I'd say I wouldn't be surprsied if I heard similar tune performed by...let's say, One Direction.
          You're not wrong! I love that a band with as much indie/critical cred as The 1975 will occasionally indulge in SUPER-poppy-sounding songs like this, though ("TOOTIMETOOTIMETOOTIME" comes to mind too). Matty's such a great songwriter, and this helps demonstrate the breadth/versatility of his skills (and it's extremely up-my-alley).

Thanks again, heppolo!

last.fmPaulboard Top 30

Comment

• Paulboard Top 30
            Chart Date: 09/23/22

• Nothing can match the force of Rina's "Hurricanes," as Hold The Girl washes most of the chart clean (with some help from Carly Rae and Bey too).

TW | LW | WKS ON | TITLE | ARTIST | PEAK | CERT

01 (01) 02 | "Hurricanes" - Rina Sawayama | 1 (2) | [G]
            02 (N-) 01 | "Talking To Yourself" - Carly Rae Jepsen | 2
            03 (N-) 01 | "Holy (Til You Let Me Go)" - Rina Sawayama | 3
            04 (N-) 01 | "Frankenstein" - Rina Sawayama | 4
            05 (R-) 07 | "Hold The Girl" - Rina Sawayama | 1 (1) | [P]
            06 (12) 08 | "Catch Me In The Air" - Rina Sawayama | 6 | [P]
            07 (03) 02 | "I'm In Love With You" - The 1975 | 3
            08 (R-) 06 | "Cuff It" - Beyoncé | 6 | [P]
            09 (06) 09 | "Superimpose" - ELIO | 1 (1) | [2xP]
            10 (R-) 10 | "American Teenager" - Ethel Cain | 1 (3) | [2xP]
            11 (R-) 05 | "First Time" - Carly Rae Jepsen | 9 | [G]
            12 (R-) 02 | "Church Girl" - Beyoncé | 12
            13 (02) 03 | "Heartbreak Station" - Jocelyn Alice | 2 | [G]
            14 (16) 02 | "Woke Up In Love" - Kygo ft. Gryffin & Calum Scott | 14
            15 (R-) 13 | "Higher" - Carly Rae Jepsen | 1 (2) | [2xP]
            16 (R-) 10 | "Break My Soul" - Beyoncé | 2 | [P]
            17 (R-) 03 | "Energy" - Beyoncé | 17 | [G]
            18 (N-) 01 | "To Be Alive" - Rina Sawayama | 18
            19 (N-) 01 | "Imagining" - Rina Sawayama | 19
            20 (N-) 01 | "Your Age" - Rina Sawayama | 20
            21 (09) 03 | "Million Dollar Baby" - Ava Max | 3
            22 (R-) 14 | "Fever" - Carly Rae Jepsen | 1 (1) | [2xP]
            23 (R-) 10 | "The One" - Carly Rae Jepsen | 3 | [P]
            24 (R-) 04 | "Plastic Off The Sofa" - Beyoncé | 11 | [G]
            25 (N-) 01 | "In The Night" - Fly By Night | 25
            26 (11) 02 | "Wrongside" - MisterWives | 11
            27 (04) 05 | "Black Mascara" - RAYE | 1 (1) | [P]
            28 (R-) 04 | "Alien Superstar" - Beyoncé | 20 | [G]
            29 (05) 04 | "Don't Let The Light Go Out" - Panic! At The Disco | 1 (1) | [G]
            30 (R-) 13 | "Body Language" - Carly Rae Jepsen | 9 | [P]

[GOLD] = 25+ total plays
            [PLAT] = 50+ total plays
            last.fmPaulboard Top 30

Comment

• Holy is brilliant.

Comment

• Hats off to Rina, "Holy" is a good one.
                Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• Whew where to start, so many good songs!
                  Your choices from the Rina album are pretty strong! Holy didn't immediately catch me on first listen, but love it now.
                  And yess @ at Ethel re-entering, is that the impact of opening the thread here?
                  Great that Fly by Midnight made it to your Top 30, I haven't heard of them before but they instantly delivered with this one.
                  Uff that jump for Panic, but hey when there's so much Rina, somebody's gotta lose

Ne me cherche pas, je ne suis plus là, baby

Comment

• Originally posted by Blondini View Post
                    Holy is brilliant.
                    Originally posted by heppolo View Post
                    Hats off to Rina, "Holy" is a good one.
                    Amen to that! Definitely a serious standout among the songs she hadn't already released from Hold The Girl (though "Frankenstein" has been on my mind a lot too, especially with Halloween on the horizon). "found my peace when I lost my religion..."

Thanks again, Blondini and heppolo!

last.fmPaulboard Top 30

Comment

Your choices from the Rina album are pretty strong! Holy didn't immediately catch me on first listen, but love it now.
                      Hopefully "Holy" will pull a "Hurricane" and keep growing on you!

Originally posted by flopho View Post
                      And yess @ at Ethel re-entering, is that the impact of opening the thread here?
                      You deserve 100% of the credit for bringing Ethel back, so thanks for making that Songs Section thread (and for giving her some more much-deserved UKMIX exposure).

Great that Fly by Midnight made it to your Top 30, I haven't heard of them before but they instantly delivered with this one.
                      Yeah, they're uncharted territory for me too. How'd you discover them?

Uff that jump for Panic, but hey when there's so much Rina, somebody's gotta lose
                      Ha, yeah, unfortunately, Brendon might become a fatality of Hurricane Rina I still enjoy the song, but my attention keeps getting pulled in different directions now.

Thanks again, flopho!
                      last.fmPaulboard Top 30

Comment

• Paulboard Top 30
                        Chart Date: 09/30/22

• Carly Rae manages to talk her way into her 18th No. 1, though Rina's grip on the rest of the Top 5 remains quite tight.

TW | LW | WKS ON | TITLE | ARTIST | PEAK | CERT

01 (02) 02 | "Talking To Yourself" - Carly Rae Jepsen | 1 (1) | [G]
                        02 (01) 03 | "Hurricanes" - Rina Sawayama | 1 (2) | [G]
                        03 (04) 02 | "Frankenstein" - Rina Sawayama | 3
                        04 (05) 08 | "Hold The Girl" - Rina Sawayama | 1 (1) | [2xP]
                        05 (03) 02 | "Holy (Til You Let Me Go)" - Rina Sawayama | 3
                        06 (06) 09 | "Catch Me In The Air" - Rina Sawayama | 6 | [P]
                        07 (08) 07 | "Cuff It" - Beyoncé | 6 | [P]
                        08 (N-) 01 | "Leave It On The Dancefloor" - Hope Tala | 8
                        09 (R-) 05 | "Hypnotized" - Sophie Ellis-Bextor ft. Wuh Oh | 9 | [G]
                        10 (R-) 07 | "Talk" - Beabadoobee | 10 | [G]
                        11 (N-) 01 | "Sad" - Lissie | 11
                        12 (18) 02 | "To Be Alive" - Rina Sawayama | 12
                        13 (N-) 01 | "Nobody" - Anna Of The North | 13
                        14 (19) 02 | "Imagining" - Rina Sawayama | 14
                        15 (27) 06 | "Black Mascara" - RAYE | 1 (1) | [P]
                        16 (12) 03 | "Church Girl" - Beyoncé | 12 | [G]
                        17 (N-) 01 | "Star Walkin'" - Lil Nas X | 17
                        18 (14) 03 | "Woke Up In Love" - Kygo ft. Gryffin & Calum Scott | 14
                        19 (09) 10 | "Superimpose" - ELIO | 1 (1) | [2xP]
                        20 (10) 11 | "American Teenager" - Ethel Cain | 1 (3) | [2xP]
                        21 (R-) 02 | "Beach House" - Carly Rae Jepsen | 21
                        22 (N-) 01 | "Summer Really Hurt Us" - ALMA | 22
                        23 (R-) 05 | "I Forgive Me" - ALMA | 11 | [G]
                        24 (25) 02 | "In The Night" - Fly By Midnight | 24
                        25 (R-) 11 | "Cut To The Feeling" - Carly Rae Jepsen | 1 (1) | [P]
                        26 (21) 04 | "Million Dollar Baby" - Ava Max | 3 | [G]
                        27 (N-) 01 | "Unholy" - Sam Smith ft. Kim Petras | 27
                        28 (20) 02 | "Your Age" - Rina Sawayama | 20
                        29 (13) 04 | "Heartbreak Station" - Jocelyn Alice | 2 | [G]
                        30 (R-) 05 | "Western Wind" - Carly Rae Jepsen | 7 | [G]

[GOLD] = 25+ total plays
                        [PLAT] = 50+ total plays
                        last.fmPaulboard Top 30

Comment

• I'll have a listen to the new Carly Rae songs. I haven't liked anything by her since Call Me Maybe, but who knows. You seem to really love those new songs.
                          My most streamed artists: 1. Mariah 2. Madonna 3. Debbie Gibson 4. Céline Dion 5. Lara Fabian 6. Kylie 7. Whitney 8. Meghan Trainor 9. Ariana Grande 10. Tina Arena 11. Sam Smith 12. Janet Jackson

Comment

I'll have a listen to the new Carly Rae songs. I haven't liked anything by her since Call Me Maybe, but who knows. You seem to really love those new songs.
                            Ah, I still have a lot of learning to do when it comes to yours tastes, cause I would've thought that Carly Rae's brand of pop suits you well! She doesn't have a voice like Mariah or Céline, of course, but a lot of her material feels evocative of upbeat 80's pop/teen pop like early-Debbie. I think she's brilliant, one of the absolute best pop songwriters of the past 10+ years (though we do agree on "Call Me Maybe," which is what got me into her in the first place).

Thanks again, RayRay!
                            last.fmPaulboard Top 30

Comment

• Originally posted by crystalphoenix View Post
                              Ah, I still have a lot of learning to do when it comes to yours tastes, cause I would've thought that Carly Rae's brand of pop suits you well! She doesn't have a voice like Mariah or Céline, of course, but a lot of her material feels evocative of upbeat 80's pop/teen pop like early-Debbie. I think she's brilliant, one of the absolute best pop songwriters of the past 10+ years (though we do agree on "Call Me Maybe," which is what got me into her in the first place).

Thanks again, RayRay!
                              Maybe it's because Call Me Maybe was so strong and the follow up singles were just not that strong and so I lost interest.
                              My most streamed artists: 1. Mariah 2. Madonna 3. Debbie Gibson 4. Céline Dion 5. Lara Fabian 6. Kylie 7. Whitney 8. Meghan Trainor 9. Ariana Grande 10. Tina Arena 11. Sam Smith 12. Janet Jackson

Comment

Hopefully "Holy" will pull a "Hurricane" and keep growing on you!

You deserve 100% of the credit for bringing Ethel back, so thanks for making that Songs Section thread (and for giving her some more much-deserved UKMIX exposure).

Yeah, they're uncharted territory for me too. How'd you discover them?

Ha, yeah, unfortunately, Brendon might become a fatality of Hurricane Rina I still enjoy the song, but my attention keeps getting pulled in different directions now.

Thanks again, flopho!
                                atm it's more Send My Love that's doing a Hurricane, which I know is not one of your faves oops

I've seen a clip of the song on a Youtuber's personal chart video

_______

Ooh a new #1, decent song from CRJ! Her recent tracks haven't really caught me 100%, but they're still pretty nice.
                                Love to see the Rina domination in the Top 10 of course

Yesss Hope, this was such an instant bop for me, saw it on JSparksFan's chart first and had to listen immediately cause I loved her song 'All My Girls Like to Fight'.

Bea re-entrying is definitely welcome
                                Haven't heard that Lissie song yet but will give it a spin!

Summer Really Hurt Us is going to debut quite high in my Top, great to see ALMA twice here.

Interesting to see that Anna Of The North song here, it was recommended to me on Youtube two days ago and I added it to my 'New' playlist, it's pretty enjoyable.
                                Ne me cherche pas, je ne suis plus là, baby

Comment

• I hadn't been here in two weeks, so thought I might've walked into a totes unfamiliar chart, but this might be your best chart of the year thus far.

Admittedly, "Beach House" is far superior to "Talking to Yourself" for me, but kudos to Carly Rae for such an MC-sized achievement here.

I just played "Talk" and I like it, so that makes your top 10 10/10 for me!

01 (02) 02 | "Talking To Yourself" - Carly Rae Jepsen | 1 (1) | [G]
                                  02 (01) 03 | "Hurricanes" - Rina Sawayama | 1 (2) | [G]
                                  03 (04) 02 | "Frankenstein" - Rina Sawayama | 3
                                  04 (05) 08 | "Hold The Girl" - Rina Sawayama | 1 (1) | [2xP]
                                  05 (03) 02 | "Holy (Til You Let Me Go)" - Rina Sawayama | 3
                                  06 (06) 09 | "Catch Me In The Air" - Rina Sawayama | 6 | [P]
                                  07 (08) 07 | "Cuff It" - Beyoncé | 6 | [P]
                                  08 (N-) 01 | "Leave It On The Dancefloor" - Hope Tala | 8
                                  09 (R-) 05 | "Hypnotized" - Sophie Ellis-Bextor ft. Wuh Oh | 9 | [G]
                                  10 (R-) 07 | "Talk" - Beabadoobee | 10 | [G]
                                  12 (18) 02 | "To Be Alive" - Rina Sawayama | 12
                                  14 (19) 02 | "Imagining" - Rina Sawayama | 14
                                  15 (27) 06 | "Black Mascara" - RAYE | 1 (1) | [P]
                                  16 (12) 03 | "Church Girl" - Beyoncé | 12 | [G]
                                  17 (N-) 01 | "Star Walkin'" - Lil Nas X | 17
                                  20 (10) 11 | "American Teenager" - Ethel Cain | 1 (3) | [2xP]
                                  21 (R-) 02 | "Beach House" - Carly Rae Jepsen | 21
                                  24 (25) 02 | "In The Night" - Fly By Midnight | 24
                                  25 (R-) 11 | "Cut To The Feeling" - Carly Rae Jepsen | 1 (1) | [P]
                                  26 (21) 04 | "Million Dollar Baby" - Ava Max | 3 | [G]
                                  28 (20) 02 | "Your Age" - Rina Sawayama | 20
                                  30 (R-) 05 | "Western Wind" - Carly Rae Jepsen | 7 | [G]
                                  Akini's Top 100 Albums of All-Time: [#20]
                                  Akini's Favourite Music Videos: [70-66]
                                  Your Billboard Top Ten: #1 Anti-Hero (3 weeks)
                                  AlbumClash 2.0: [Rina Sawayama vs. Rosalía]

History doesn't repeat itself, but it rhymes.

Comment

Maybe it's because Call Me Maybe was so strong and the follow up singles were just not that strong and so I lost interest.
                                    Yeah, I'm surprised her team went with "This Kiss" after "Call Me Maybe" blew up (and the Owl City collab was cute, but not one of her album's best moments either). One of my Kiss faves that might suit you better:

Spoiler!

A lot of fans consider this to be her crowning achievement (which I think is a tad overstated, but I do enjoy it):

Spoiler!
                                    last.fmPaulboard Top 30

Comment

atm it's more Send My Love that's doing a Hurricane, which I know is not one of your faves oops
                                      Ha, I definitely don't hate "Send My Love" or anything - it's just a bit too much of a downer (and not catchy enough) for me to put it in heavy rotation. I do appreciate the purpose it serves in the overall context of the album, though.

I've seen a clip of the song on a Youtuber's personal chart video
                                      Now I'm curious about this personal chart that inspires the personal chart that inspires me Unless you'd rather keep your sources/YouTube competition secret...

Yesss Hope, this was such an instant bop for me, saw it on JSparksFan's chart first and had to listen immediately cause I loved her song 'All My Girls Like to Fight'.
                                      Nice! I didn't realize Akini was responsible for giving that song traction on UKMIX, but it definitely isn't the first time his tastes are on-point.

Haven't heard that Lissie song yet but will give it a spin!
                                      I saw that jszmiles had it as his No. 1, so I was curious to hear what kind of music UKMIX's hunkiest hunk/studliest stud enjoys that much.

Interesting to see that Anna Of The North song here, it was recommended to me on Youtube two days ago and I added it to my 'New' playlist, it's pretty enjoyable.
                                      I owe Blondini for that one! It was the standout when I was playing through some unfamiliar entries on his chart a week or so ago.

Thanks again, flopho!
                                      last.fmPaulboard Top 30

Comment

• Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
                                        I hadn't been here in two weeks, so thought I might've walked into a totes unfamiliar chart, but this might be your best chart of the year thus far.
                                        Glad to hear I just keep getting better I think we're in for some fairly-stable Rina-heavy domination over the coming weeks, since I'm not planning to check out any other full albums until Tove, Carly Rae, and Tay later this month. It's been nice to slow down a bit, though, and revisit other 2022 albums/Survivor-inspired classics (like Kylie and Tay).

Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
                                        Admittedly, "Beach House" is far superior to "Talking to Yourself" for me, but kudos to Carly Rae for such an MC-sized achievement here.
                                        "Beach House" is definitely more novel/doesn't sound quite like anything CRJ's done before, and those little spoken "responses" are extremely cute-and-quotable ("it was good though," "she was sweet though," etc). The chorus feels more grating than catchy to me, though, and the way the male voices are incorporated just detracts/distracts (I had a similar issue with Hailee's "Coast"). I don't mind Carly Rae sharing her mic with men (I've really enjoyed some of her previous collabs like "Sour Candy" and "Rest From The Streets"), but something about the way those dudebros are mixed in here doesn't mesh for me. I get what she was going for by having the guys she's describing throughout the song actually chime in themselves, which is creative - it's just not particularly pleasant to my ears.

Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
                                        I just played "Talk" and I like it, so that makes your top 10 10/10 for me!
                                        Hype! Thanks for giving it a chance. I owe flopho for that one (a major standout from beabadoobee's latest album).

Thanks again, Akini!
                                        last.fmPaulboard Top 30

Comment

• Go Rina and Carly! The pop girls win 2022.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thriller View Post
                                            Go Rina and Carly! The pop girls win 2022.
                                            Keepin' us fed this fall Tove's not far off either (and now your chart has me curious about Chloe Moriondo too...)

Thanks again, Thriller!

last.fmPaulboard Top 30

Comment

Keepin' us fed this fall Tove's not far off either (and now your chart has me curious about Chloe Moriondo too...)

Thanks again, Thriller!
                                              Chloe is great! Check out the one I charted plus Bodybag, Cdbaby<3 and Dizzy with Thomas Headon and Alfie Templeman.

Comment

Yeah, I'm surprised her team went with "This Kiss" after "Call Me Maybe" blew up (and the Owl City collab was cute, but not one of her album's best moments either). One of my Kiss faves that might suit you better:

Spoiler!

This one is not available for me to watch. What is the song called?

Comment

• Originally posted by Thriller View Post
                                                  Chloe is great! Check out the one I charted plus Bodybag, Cdbaby<3 and Dizzy with Thomas Headon and Alfie Templeman.
                                                  Many thanks! "Bodybag" really clicked with me right away too (and it's pretty fitting for Halloween season).
                                                  last.fmPaulboard Top 30

Comment

This one is not available for me to watch. What is the song called?
                                                    Damn geolocks/region restrictions Can't believe they're still so common in 2022! Thanks for trying to give it a chance (feels like I've been bombarding you with recs lately, ha). That first vid was for "Hurt So Good" (Track 8 on Carly Rae's Kiss album).

last.fmPaulboard Top 30

Comment

Working...
                                                    X