Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paulboard Top 30 | 12.02.22 | I should learn to just let go...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RayRay
    replied
    Jordin Sparks... One Step At A Time. Such a great song. Really catchy and I love the lyrics. Her best song (with No Air).

Leave a comment:

• crystalphoenix
    replied
    Paulboard Top 30
    Chart Date: 12/02/22

• Year-end reminiscing randomness has already begun, which helps Hatchie's "This Enchanted" surge back to No. 1 for a third frame. Elsewhere on the chart, you'll find a Love Sux Deluxe Edition impact and RENAISSANCE Survivor effect as well.

TW | LW | WKS ON | TITLE | ARTIST | PEAK | CERT

01 (09) 10 | "This Enchanted" - Hatchie | 1 (3) | [2xP]
    02 (02) 06 | "Anti-Hero" - Taylor Swift | 2 | [P]
    03 (18) 08 | "The Loneliest Time" - Carly Rae Jepsen ft. Rufus Wainwright | 3 | [P]
    04 (05) 02 | "Crumbs" - Rebecca Black | 4
    05 (01) 03 | "Weapons" - Ava Max | 1 (1) | [G]
    06 (08) 06 | "Hits Different" - Taylor Swift | 1 (1) | [P]
    07 (R-) 02 | "I'm A Mess" - Avril Lavigne ft. YUNGBLUD | 7
    08 (R-) 06 | "Kiss Me Like The World Is Ending" - Avril Lavigne | 2 | [P]
    09 (10) 02 | "Attraverso Te" - Marco Mengoni ft. La Rappresentante Di Lista | 9
    10 (06) 06 | "Surrender My Heart" - Carly Rae Jepsen | 1 (1) | [P]
    11 (11) 06 | "Keep Away" - Carly Rae Jepsen | 5 | [G]
    12 (20) 05 | "Diva" - La Rappresentante Di Lista | 2 | [G]
    13 (R-) 12 | "Cuff It" - Beyoncé | 3 | [2xP]
    14 (23) 10 | "Hurricanes" - Rina Sawayama | 1 (2) | [2xP]
    15 (21) 04 | "Nobody" - Anna Of The North | 13 | [G]
    16 (03) 06 | "I Do You" - Anna Of The North | 1 (1) | [P]
    17 (N-) 01 | "Virgo's Groove" - Beyoncé | 17
    18 (25) 02 | "Fake It" - SIIGHTS | 18
    19 (N-) 01 | "Mercury In Retrograde" - Avril Lavigne | 19
    20 (N-) 01 | "Pity Party" - Avril Lavigne | 20
    21 (N-) 01 | "One Step At A Time" - Jordin Sparks | 21
    22 (29) 12 | "Hold The Girl" - Rina Sawayama | 1 (1) | [2xP]
    23 (07) 07 | "Grapefruit" - Tove Lo | 1 (1) | [P]
    24 (17) 06 | "Bejeweled" - Taylor Swift | 4 | [P]
    25 (R-) 05 | "Alien Superstar" - Beyoncé | 20 | [G]
    26 (R-) 02 | "Cozy" - Beyoncé | 22 | [G]
    27 (15) 02 | "Promise Me" - Rose Gray | 15
    28 (R-) 04 | "Bends" - Carly Rae Jepsen | 21 | [G]
    29 (R-) 17 | "'Tis The Damn Season" - Taylor Swift | 1 (2) | [2xP]
    30 (R-) 06 | "Waste Of Emotion" - ELIO | 2 | [P]

[GOLD] = 25+ total plays
    [PLAT] = 50+ total plays

Leave a comment:

• Blondini
    replied
    Originally posted by crystalphoenix View Post
    If it's any consolation, FKA did make it to No. 1 before Rebecca (thanks to "Tears In The Club") Admittedly, I don't know FKA's or Banks's catalogs well at all. Do you have any recommendations from them that are similar-but-superior to "Crumbs"?

Thanks again, Blondini!
    oh in terms of Banks, virtually everything! Twigs has gone off the boil recently. The first Banks album is a masterpiece.

Leave a comment:

• crystalphoenix
    replied
    Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
    One song at a time - I just played "I Do You" and it's good.
    Yes! Not to bombard you with too many recs (no rush), but several other UKMIXers seem to prefer her "Nobody" over "I Do You."

Yay at my "Swine" impact - words I didn't expect to type on this good Sunday.
    Ha, yeah, it's not exactly the most flattering thing to tell someone "You inspired me to play 'Swine' a ton!" so I'll just say...your epic Top 100 Albums thread impacted my listening habits once again.

Thanks again, Akini!

Leave a comment:

• crystalphoenix
    replied
    Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
    I am leaving for Hawaii on New Year's Eve! I'm so excited! And the cheeseball in me loves that I get to close the door behind you all on 2022. I'll be there for two weeks.
    Kicking off 2023 with two. weeks. in. Hawaii?! Now THAT'S how to ring in the New Year right! Promise to show off your tan when you return?

As for your current chart, Weapons isn't quite as strong for me, but we'll see where I stand after Christmas. Nice to see both Tove and Anti-Hero rebounding. In fact, your top three is flames. I'm not crazy about Crumbs, but always here for a comeback story - did Rebecca chart before on your chart - maybe with Friday? Also, why do you hate Beach House with every fiber of your being?
    "Crumbs" is Rebecca's first appearance as the lead artist (though she did appear on a remix of MØ's "New Moon" earlier this year). "Friday" was fun as a viral sensation/meme, but I never felt compelled to actually play it much on my own.

As for "Beach House"...it's because you've never invited me to yours but really, there's a lot of cute/clever ideas in the song, the execution just doesn't work for me. I don't find the chorus very catchy (especially the way she shouts the start of every line: "BOYS around the world, I want to believe that, WHEN you chase a girl..."). Having the jerks she's describing in the lyrics actually chime in themselves at the end of the chorus and throughout the bridge is an interesting concept, but doesn't make for a particularly pleasant listening experience. I'll always celebrate Carly Rae's success around UKMIX, but this specific song is toward the bottom of her latest album for me.

Thanks again, CT!

Leave a comment:

• crystalphoenix
    replied
    Originally posted by flopho View Post
    01 (04) 02 | "Weapons" - Ava Max | 1 (1) | [G] - growing on me lately!
    It really grew on me too! When it first dropped, I thought it was easily the weakest/most forgettable of the Diamonds & Dancefloors singles so far, but then I kept coming back to it again and again (and again). Definitely cheesy/cliché, but surprisingly effective.

05 (N-) 01 | "Crumbs" - Rebecca Black | 5 - probably her best song to this date? excited for the album, especially to see if it's more dark pop or hyperpop or something else
    Yeah, I'll be keeping a closer eye on her releases now.

10 (N-) 01 | "Attraverso Te" - Marco Mengoni ft. La Rappresentante Di Lista | 10 - yass another Italian smash on your charts!
    You came through as Italian Pop Ambassador once again! LRDL seem to have the Midas Touch.

20 (R-) 04 | "Diva" - La Rappresentante Di Lista | 2 | [G] - This was pretty close to re-entering my chart this week, too, the chorus is so infectious
    Impossible NOT to single along (and that intro >>>)

25 (N-) 01 | "Fake It" - SIIGHTS | 25 - great to see this here, really hoping this song gets more exposure in the future!
    I get some HAIM vibes from them (which is definitely a good thing).

Thanks again, flopho!

Leave a comment:

• crystalphoenix
    replied
    Originally posted by RayRay View Post
    Yeah! Great to see Ava Max all the way up at #1.
    I surprised myself when I saw the play count totals last Friday "Weapons" is sticking with me way more than I expected (and our combined powers got it all the way to the UKMIX Parade Top 3)!

Thanks again, RayRay!

Leave a comment:

• crystalphoenix
    replied
    Originally posted by heppolo View Post
    "Diva" is a very sticky tune, might be ending up quite high on my YE chart.
    It really is! flopho's chart introduced me to another new song featuring La Rappresentante Di Lista, which put "Diva" back on my brain in a big way.

What can I say? Yay for Rose Gray
    She's been making the UKMIX Personal Chart rounds, and now I've finally hopped on board. I'm enjoying her "Cupid" too, just not quiiite enough to crack the Top 30 (yet).

Thanks again, heppolo!

Leave a comment:

• crystalphoenix
    replied
    Originally posted by Blondini View Post
    Wow. That's very high for Crumbs. I wouldn't rank it as high as some of Banks or FKA Twigs which she's clearly following in style.
    If it's any consolation, FKA did make it to No. 1 before Rebecca (thanks to "Tears In The Club") Admittedly, I don't know FKA's or Banks's catalogs well at all. Do you have any recommendations from them that are similar-but-superior to "Crumbs"?

Thanks again, Blondini!

Leave a comment:

• JSparksFan
    replied
    One song at a time - I just played "I Do You" and it's good.

Yay at my "Swine" impact - words I didn't expect to type on this good Sunday.

01 (04) 02 | "Weapons" - Ava Max | 1 (1) | [G]
    02 (03) 05 | "Anti-Hero" - Taylor Swift | 2 | [P]
    03 (01) 05 | "I Do You" - Anna Of The North | 1 (1) | [P]
    06 (02) 05 | "Surrender My Heart" - Carly Rae Jepsen | 1 (1) | [P]
    07 (10) 06 | "Grapefruit" - Tove Lo | 1 (1) | [P]
    08 (06) 05 | "Hits Different" - Taylor Swift | 1 (1) | [P]
    11 (13) 05 | "Keep Away" - Carly Rae Jepsen | 5 | [G]
    12 (12) 06 | "Midnight Rain" - Taylor Swift | 1 (1) | [G]
    16 (11) 05 | "Lavender Haze" - Taylor Swift | 7 | [G]
    17 (08) 05 | "Bejeweled" - Taylor Swift | 4 | [P]
    18 (14) 07 | "The Loneliest Time" - Carly Rae Jepsen ft. Rufus Wainwright | 4 | [P]
    19 (15) 10 | "Talking To Yourself" - Carly Rae Jepsen | 1 (2) | [P]
    20 (R-) 04 | "Diva" - La Rappresentante Di Lista | 2 | [G]
    22 (R-) 05 | "Swine" - Lady Gaga | 4 | [P]
    23 (R-) 09 | "Hurricanes" - Rina Sawayama | 1 (2) | [2xP]
    26 (22) 04 | "Question...?" - Taylor Swift | 8 | [G]
    29 (R-) 11 | "Hold The Girl" - Rina Sawayama | 1 (1) | [2xP]
    30 (R-) 08 | "Message In A Bottle (Taylor's Version) (Fat Max G Remix)" - Taylor Swift | 1 (1) | [P]

Leave a comment:

• cheapthrills
    replied
    Hype! Where are you headed? (You should use the flights to spend some time with The Loneliest Time in its entirety, tbh).
    I am leaving for Hawaii on New Year's Eve! I'm so excited! And the cheeseball in me loves that I get to close the door behind you all on 2022. I'll be there for two weeks.

Yeah, poor Mimi fell straight off a cliff (I might've jinxed her back when I was saying how I hadn't gotten sick of the song yet, despite Halloween being behind us. Whoops)!
    She's also taken her swan dive off my chart unfortunately, Perhaps this is a lesson to everyone to get their Halloween entries in earlier next year!

As for your current chart, Weapons isn't quite as strong for me, but we'll see where I stand after Christmas. Nice to see both Tove and Anti-Hero rebounding. In fact, your top three is flames. I'm not crazy about Crumbs, but always here for a comeback story - did Rebecca chart before on your chart - maybe with Friday? Also, why do you hate Beach House with every fiber of your being?

Leave a comment:

• flopho
    replied
    oh wow once again one of your best charts, so many great new entries and re-entries <3

01 (04) 02 | "Weapons" - Ava Max | 1 (1) | [G] - growing on me lately!
    05 (N-) 01 | "Crumbs" - Rebecca Black | 5 - probably her best song to this date? excited for the album, especially to see if it's more dark pop or hyperpop or something else
    10 (N-) 01 | "Attraverso Te" - Marco Mengoni ft. La Rappresentante Di Lista | 10 - yass another Italian smash on your charts!
    14 (18) 02 | "Clean Break" - ILIRA | 14
    15 (N-) 01 | "Promise Me" - Rose Gray | 15
    20 (R-) 04 | "Diva" - La Rappresentante Di Lista | 2 | [G] - This was pretty close to re-entering my chart this week, too, the chorus is so infectious
    21 (17) 03 | "Nobody" - Anna Of The North | 13 | [G]
    24 (R-) 12 | "American Teenager" - Ethel Cain | 1 (3) | [2xP] - I can see this becoming one of those timeless classics in the future (for me personally at least)
    25 (N-) 01 | "Fake It" - SIIGHTS | 25 - great to see this here, really hoping this song gets more exposure in the future!
    27 (19) 02 | "Nosedive" - Hatchie | 19

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    Yeah! Great to see Ava Max all the way up at #1.

Leave a comment:

• heppolo
    replied
    "Diva" is a very sticky tune, might be ending up quite high on my YE chart.
    What can I say? Yay for Rose Gray

Leave a comment:

• Blondini
    replied
    Wow. That's very high for Crumbs. I wouldn't rank it as high as some of Banks or FKA Twigs which she's clearly following in style.

Leave a comment:

• crystalphoenix
    replied
    Paulboard Top 30
    Chart Date: 11/25/22

• Ava uses her "Weapons" to seize the first No. 1 of the Diamonds & Dancefloors era (and her fourth chart-topper overall).

TW | LW | WKS ON | TITLE | ARTIST | PEAK | CERT

01 (04) 02 | "Weapons" - Ava Max | 1 (1) | [G]
    04 (05) 05 | "Cardigan" - Sophie Cates | 3 | [G]
    05 (N-) 01 | "Crumbs" - Rebecca Black | 5
    08 (06) 05 | "Hits Different" - Taylor Swift | 1 (1) | [P]
    09 (09) 09 | "This Enchanted" - Hatchie | 1 (2) | [P]
    10 (N-) 01 | "Attraverso Te" - Marco Mengoni ft. La Rappresentante Di Lista | 10
    11 (13) 05 | "Keep Away" - Carly Rae Jepsen | 5 | [G]
    12 (12) 06 | "Midnight Rain" - Taylor Swift | 1 (1) | [G]
    13 (07) 02 | "Nasty" - Sophie Cates | 7 | [G]
    14 (18) 02 | "Clean Break" - ILIRA | 14
    15 (N-) 01 | "Promise Me" - Rose Gray | 15
    16 (11) 05 | "Lavender Haze" - Taylor Swift | 7 | [G]
    17 (08) 05 | "Bejeweled" - Taylor Swift | 4 | [P]
    18 (14) 07 | "The Loneliest Time" - Carly Rae Jepsen ft. Rufus Wainwright | 4 | [P]
    20 (R-) 04 | "Diva" - La Rappresentante Di Lista | 2 | [G]
    21 (17) 03 | "Nobody" - Anna Of The North | 13 | [G]
    22 (R-) 05 | "Swine" - Lady Gaga | 4 | [P]
    24 (R-) 12 | "American Teenager" - Ethel Cain | 1 (3) | [2xP]
    25 (N-) 01 | "Fake It" - SIIGHTS | 25
    26 (22) 04 | "Question...?" - Taylor Swift | 8 | [G]
    27 (19) 02 | "Nosedive" - Hatchie | 19
    28 (R-) 04 | "Fruity" - Chloe Moriondo | 3 | [G]
    30 (R-) 08 | "Message In A Bottle (Taylor's Version) (Fat Max G Remix)" - Taylor Swift | 1 (1) | [P]

[GOLD] = 25+ total plays
    [PLAT] = 50+ total plays

Leave a comment:

• crystalphoenix
    replied
    Looks like there are two acts I need to check out. Will get to that shortly.
    No worries, you've got several threads in here to juggle (and your ongoing duties in the Games section too)! I miiight do a proper Paulboard Year-End Countdown thread for 2022, but that wouldn't start until Jan 1st, so you can catch up with some of these gems then.

Thanks again, Akini!

Leave a comment:

• crystalphoenix
    replied
    Originally posted by Thriller View Post
    Go AOTN!
    Hype! Now she just needs to inch up ever-so-slightly on your next chart so we can give her some more UKMIX Parade exposure.

Thanks again, Thriller!

Leave a comment:

• crystalphoenix
    replied
    It's great that Anna Of The North scored a #1 hit.
    Blondini introduced me to her with "Nobody," and then "I Do You" really took my Anna appreciation to the next level. Happy to help give her a little more exposure (she definitely deserves it)!

Also nice debut for Hatchie, it's one of her bouncier/more energetic tunes.
    There's some interesting stuff going on in "Nosedive," and I agree about its energy - I just wish the chorus had more lyrics (the way it is now makes it harder for the song to stick in my head).

Thanks again, heppolo!

Leave a comment:

• crystalphoenix
    replied
    Originally posted by RayRay View Post
    Great new entry for Ava Max.
    At first, I thought "Weapons" was pretty forgettable/easily the weakest of the Diamonds & Dancefloors singles so far, but it REALLY grew on me by the end of last week (and it should hold pretty strong on my next chart too, though reaching a new peak will be tricky).

Thanks again, RayRay!

Leave a comment:

• crystalphoenix
    replied
    Nice to see the debut for 'Clean Break', it's veery Ava Max imo but that doesn't have to bad thing at all!
    Absolutely! Spot-on.

Glad that Nobody re-entered too, atm I'm preferring it over 'I Do You' but maybe that'll change in the future.
    I know Blondini agrees with you there I do like "Nobody," but "I Do You" is on a whole 'nother level of catchiness for me (and I love its simple-but-effective video too).

Nosedive by Hatchie sounds quite nice on first listen, lemme put it on my playlist
    Still not 100% sure how I feel about "Nosedive." I like its energy, but I wish the chorus had more...words.

Thanks again, flopho!

Leave a comment:

• crystalphoenix
    replied
    I'm so glad you caught my CRL joke I was very proud of it haha! Maybe I'll return to Beach House once the holidays are over, but it's on you to help me remember it I am going on vacation in January, so it might be a good addition then!
    Hype! Where are you headed? (You should use the flights to spend some time with The Loneliest Time in its entirety, tbh).

I see Hatchie has debuted a song describing Mimi Webb's performance on the chart this week.
    Yeah, poor Mimi fell straight off a cliff (I might've jinxed her back when I was saying how I hadn't gotten sick of the song yet, despite Halloween being behind us. Whoops)!

Did Weapons help bring back the other Ava songs? How many songs has Ava charted on the Paulboard?
    Exactly! Quite impressively, Ava's already racked up 25 entries (and that's not even counting guest appearances like "Clap Your Hands").

Very much enjoying Grapefruit returning to the top ten, but a little sad its co-fruit track is gone.
    Unfortunately, most of Dirt Femme got overshadowed/swept away by the influx of major albums released right after it. It deserved better, but competition's so stiff this season!

Your #1 is very good! It would be a good FSC entry for Norway. hint hint
    Really glad it made a good first impression (and I'd totally forgotten that Anna's native to Norway)!

Thanks again, CT!

Leave a comment:

• JSparksFan
    replied
    Looks like there are two acts I need to check out. Will get to that shortly.

02 (01) 04 | "Surrender My Heart" - Carly Rae Jepsen | 1 (1) | [G]
    03 (02) 04 | "Anti-Hero" - Taylor Swift | 2 | [P]
    04 (N-) 01 | "Weapons" - Ava Max | 4
    08 (07) 04 | "Bejeweled" - Taylor Swift | 4 | [G]
    10 (12) 05 | "Grapefruit" - Tove Lo | 1 (1) | [P]
    11 (14) 04 | "Lavender Haze" - Taylor Swift | 7 | [G]
    12 (15) 05 | "Midnight Rain" - Taylor Swift | 1 (1) | [G]
    13 (05) 04 | "Keep Away" - Carly Rae Jepsen | 5 | [G]
    14 (09) 06 | "The Loneliest Time" - Carly Rae Jepsen ft. Rufus Wainwright | 4 | [G]
    15 (08) 09 | "Talking To Yourself" - Carly Rae Jepsen | 1 (2) | [P]
    20 (R-) 02 | "Maroon" - Taylor Swift | 17
    21 (R-) 03 | "You're On Your Own, Kid" - Taylor Swift | 16
    22 (R-) 03 | "Question...?" - Taylor Swift | 8 | [G]
    23 (13) 03 | "Made You Look" - Meghan Trainor | 13
    24 (R-) 05 | "Million Dollar Baby" - Ava Max | 3 | [G]
    25 (R-) 07 | "Maybe You're The Problem" - Ava Max | 5 | [P]
    26 (22) 03 | "Anxious" - Carly Rae Jepsen | 22
    27 (23) 03 | "Bends" - Carly Rae Jepsen | 21

Leave a comment:

• Thriller
    replied
    Go AOTN!

Leave a comment:

• heppolo
    replied
    It's great that Anna Of The North scored a #1 hit.

Also nice debut for Hatchie, it's one of her bouncier/more energetic tunes.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X