Paulboard Top 30 | 04.12.24 | I just need a little air...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • crystalphoenix
    Site Supporter
    • 29 Nov 2007

Originally posted by JSparksFan
    Definitely a lot more commonalities this year compared to last year!
    The ladies really came through to salvage 2020 (from a music standpoint, at least) When the severity of COVID truly took hold in the spring, I thought 2020 would become the year of album postponments (or outright cancellations); instead, we found ourselves awash in good-to-GREAT offerings from a long list of big-name females, and some noteworthy newer/lesser-known talents too. The queens kept us fed, and I am SO grateful!

I've bolded my faves and I doubt any of them would come as surprises to you. I suspected "August" might've fallen short when I looked at your most-played songs of 2020 a few days ago and saw "Rain on Me" at no. 1. I think you know how much I love "August", but even though I rooted against "Rain on Me" in Tansike's thread, I do like it; I just had certain expectations given my longstanding love for Gaga and my recent adoration of Ari, but they definitely delivered on the video end of things!
    Phew. I thought you'd tear. me. APART. for letting "August" fall short Although the precise positions didn't perfectly align, I'm still encouraged by the overlap of songs in our Year-End Top 2 (and across the whole Top 50). I'm also touched to know you peep my last.fm on occasion!

The video for "STFU!" actually sold that song's case to me more than "Comme Des Garçons"'s, but fast forward to my YECs this year and "XS" finished no. 11, Sawayama no. 2, and Rina no. 5 so a pretty incredible year for the relative newbie and in large part thanks to you!
    I think the "Comme Des Garçons" vid works well for the song, and got several repeat viewings from me throughout the year, but the "STFU!" vid definitely has more to offer and packs way more of a punch. Rina was easily my favorite discovery/"newcomer" of 2020, so it's massively exciting that she resonated with you in such a strong way too. Rina FTW!

Thanks again, Akini!
    last.fm​ ❖ Top 30

Comment

• cheapthrills
      Administrator and Site Supporter
      • 08 Jul 2016

Wow, I could have sworn I commented on your top fifty(one), but I guess it never posted, and now I don't remember what I wrote. I'm sure it was incredibly brilliant though

You have two songs - Midnight Sky and Kings and Queens that I have revisited because of your YEC and others - I don't really have a good reason for giving them short shrift the first time around - in Miley's case, it's probably just fatigue with her. But I do enjoy these songs now!

Obviously, I think your #1 is excellent - it would have been amazing to see August top both our charts but between, you, me, and Akini, maybe that would have been overkill and I certainly don't mind her missing out to Gaga and Ari. Also pleased to see Stupid Love in your top ten as you know - I'll admit it's no longer my favorite track of the album, but I do enjoy it still, and I don't regret all my dance-pop thirst spins for her when it came out.

Also pleased to finally see another year-end where Break My Heart is the king of the Dua tracks - take that #30, Physical

I am amused by the lack of men - I think I count just Lauv and Marshmello and even then, both of them need a woman's help to make your list Is Niall not a favorite of yours? For some reason, I thought he was, so I thought I might see his second single here (it didn't make my list either, tho.) (Oh wait, I see Bon Iver backing up Taylor too.)

Gosh, to Never Really Over bleeding into the 2020s!

Comment

• crystalphoenix
        Site Supporter
        • 29 Nov 2007

Originally posted by cheapthrills
        Wow, I could have sworn I commented on your top fifty(one), but I guess it never posted, and now I don't remember what I wrote. I'm sure it was incredibly brilliant though
        Damn, NEWkmix strikes again Huge "THANK YOU!" for taking the time to write up a whole 'nother post after that mishap!

You have two songs - Midnight Sky and Kings and Queens that I have revisited because of your YEC and others - I don't really have a good reason for giving them short shrift the first time around - in Miley's case, it's probably just fatigue with her. But I do enjoy these songs now!
        At first I'm like "Miley fatigue in 2020? How?," but I'd forgotten just how much she released in 2019 despite not dropping a proper album that year: a 6-track EP, the Ashley O stuff, "Slide Away," "Don't Call Me Angel." Any rate, I'm extremely pleased and honored to have helped those two tracks enjoy a major resurgence with you now!

Obviously, I think your #1 is excellent - it would have been amazing to see August top both our charts but between, you, me, and Akini, maybe that would have been overkill and I certainly don't mind her missing out to Gaga and Ari. Also pleased to see Stupid Love in your top ten as you know - I'll admit it's no longer my favorite track of the album, but I do enjoy it still, and I don't regret all my dance-pop thirst spins for her when it came out.
        Such synchronicity between all three of us would've been glorious, but I'm still pretty excited that it came as close as it did! I often feel out-of-touch with both the GP's preferences and even fan favorite selections, so watching all of us rally around "August" to the degree that we did was a rare treat.

Although other Chromatica offerings overshadowed "Stupid Love" as 2020 progressed, I was revisiting it amidst YEC hype and I think it would still rank in my Chromatica Top 5 after all. Even (nearly) a year later, it still supplies a satisfying endorphin rush.

Also pleased to finally see another year-end where Break My Heart is the king of the Dua tracks - take that #30, Physical
        I definitely see the appeal of "Physical," but "Break My Heart" is on another level of catchiness/replay-value for me.

I am amused by the lack of men - I think I count just Lauv and Marshmello and even then, both of them need a woman's help to make your list Is Niall not a favorite of yours? For some reason, I thought he was, so I thought I might see his second single here (it didn't make my list either, tho.) (Oh wait, I see Bon Iver backing up Taylor too.)
        My tastes have always skewed toward Venus, but 2020 was probably the bleakest year yet for male acts on Paulboard I think that's owed to streaming making it easier to check out full albums and uhLOT of my fave ladies dropping LPs (or at least B-side/rarity compilations) last year: Selena, Halsey, Dua, Meghan, Kesha, Rina, Gaga, Carly Rae, HAIM, Ellie, Tay x 2, Ava, Katy, Mariah, Ari, Kylie, Little Mix, Miley, and more! With that many top-tier women dropping 10+ new tracks each, there just wasn't much room left for the fellas.

Gosh, to Never Really Over bleeding into the 2020s!
        I REALLY love that one, and wish they'd had the sense to drop Smile sooner after its (decent) chart success.

Thanks again, CT!
        last.fm​ ❖ Top 30

Comment

• crystalphoenix
          Site Supporter
          • 29 Nov 2007

Paulboard Mid-Year Update 2021

15.) "SAVE YOUR TEARS (REMIX)" | The Weeknd ft. Ariana Grande | 129pts
          14.) "TEST DRIVE" | Ariana Grande | 129pts
          13.) "LEAVE BEFORE YOU LOVE ME" | Marshmello ft. Jonas Brothers | 133pts
          12.) "I CAN'T BE MYSELF" | Justin Bieber ft. Jaden | 134pts
          11.) "AS I AM" | Justin Bieber ft. Khalid | 141pts

10.) "WITHOUT YOU (MILEY CYRUS REMIX)" | The Kid LAROI ft. Miley Cyrus | 145pts
          09.) "LONG STORY SHORT" | Taylor Swift | 152pts
          08.) "LOVE ME AGAIN" | RAYE | 152pts
          07.) "ANYONE" | Justin Bieber | 154pts
          06.) "IF IT AIN'T ME" | Dua Lipa | 159pts

05.) "IVY" | Taylor Swift | 161pts
          04.) "REGARDLESS" | RAYE ft. Rudimental | 172pts
          03.) "34+35" | Ariana Grande | 184pts
          02.) "CHANGE YOUR MIND" | RAYE | 217pts
          01.) "WILLOW" | Taylor Swift | 233pts

last.fm​ ❖ Top 30

Comment

• JSparksFan
            Moderator and Site Supporter
            • 24 Jul 2009

Great to have insight into what you've been bopping to thus far this year. I am very much here for those two T-Swizzle songs.

Akini's Tribute to Donna Summer [#7]
            Your Billboard Top Ten: #1 Beautiful Things
            AlbumClash 2.0 [Kylie Minogue vs. The Libertines]
            Retro AlbumClash 2.0 [Katy Perry vs. No Doubt]

If honesty matters to you too much, the muscles of your jaws and neck will be forever knotted and your heart will crack. The wishes of business, the wishes of the clock, are all bigger than you. Bigger than humanity. Yielders are survivors. To yield is to be strong.

Comment

• crystalphoenix
              Site Supporter
              • 29 Nov 2007

Great to have insight into what you've been bopping to thus far this year. I am very much here for those two T-Swizzle songs.

Many thanks for stopping by! I knew you'd approve of those TayTunes (and I knew you're definitely NOT a fan of "Test Drive," thanks to the Positions Survivor) I'm a little surprised that none of RAYE's entries earned a spot in your quote, though! Is this another Caution situaton, where my faves on the album/EP are your least faves (and vice versa)? Granted, I'm pretty sure we both agreed on "Natalie Don't," but that was a 2020 hit for both of us. Aside from "Natalie Don't" and "Please Don't Touch," I didn't check out the rest of Euphoric Sad Songs until this January.

Thanks again, Akini!
              last.fm​ ❖ Top 30

Comment

• Phoenixx
                Legend
                • 03 Apr 2012

Without You

Comment

• crystalphoenix
                  Site Supporter
                  • 29 Nov 2007

Originally posted by Phoenixx
                  Without You
                  Many thanks for stopping by! Admittedly, I didn't check out "Without You" until the Miley version dropped (I still haven't heard the original) but it works so well as a duet. This style of music really suits Miley, and the balance between both artists across the song feels pretty perfect.

Thanks again, Phoenixx!
                  Last edited by crystalphoenix; Thu July 8, 2021, 00:05.
                  last.fm​ ❖ Top 30

Comment

• cheapthrills
                    • 08 Jul 2016

Oh you snuck in an update when I wasn't looking!

These appeared on my won list this year:

10.) "WITHOUT YOU (MILEY CYRUS REMIX)" | The Kid LAROI ft. Miley Cyrus | 145pts
                    04.) "REGARDLESS" | RAYE ft. Rudimental | 172pts

So one each of your faves, haha - except Justin. IDK; I don't dislike the songs, I just don't seem to play them enough that they register with me.

As for Willow, it was also just ok, until the Dancing With remix was released and then I was - No Body No Crime remains my favorite from that album though. 34/35 ended up being Ari's biggest hit from the album for me, even though I still think it's kind of juvenile, I can't ignore its bounce and energy. And I see we are still enjoying our RAYE obsession. I think I prefer Save Your Tears to Blinding Lights.

Comment

• crystalphoenix
                      Site Supporter
                      • 29 Nov 2007

So one each of your faves, haha - except Justin. IDK; I don't dislike the songs, I just don't seem to play them enough that they register with me.
                      Ha, fair. I enjoyed more of Justice than I expected, but it also benefitted from the fact that 2021 hasn't been nearly as packed with big-name album drops as 2020 (AKA fewer new albums vying for my attention/spins).

As for Willow, it was also just ok, until the Dancing With remix was released and then I was - No Body No Crime remains my favorite from that album though.
                      The original is generally my go-to version, but the Dancing Witch Remix is excellent too. I've been digging the recent "90's Trend Remix" as well. In any of those forms, "Willow" definitely outshines "Cardigan" for me (which didn't even make my Top 50 of 2020).

34/35 ended up being Ari's biggest hit from the album for me, even though I still think it's kind of juvenile, I can't ignore its bounce and energy.
                      Same (and by a pretty major margin too)! Its unexpected longevity on the Hot 100 also kept it on my mind over the course of many months.

And I see we are still enjoying our RAYE obsession.
                      Thanks to your chart, I really got into both "Please Don't Touch" and "Natalie Don't" last year, but I didn't explore the rest of Euphoric Sad Songs until this January. That mini-album is STACKED! It's a huge shame that her solo/lead artist singles generally don't do nearly as well on official charts as her collabos/guest appearances.

I think I prefer Save Your Tears to Blinding Lights.
                      Same (and I'd probably agree even before the Ari version dropped). "Blinding Lights" is fine, but it never hooked me or had the massive replay value it seems to have for so many other people. It was such a relief that BL didn't cannibalize SYT's success the way it did to poor IYE.

Thanks again, CT!

last.fm​ ❖ Top 30

Comment

• crystalphoenix
                        Site Supporter
                        • 29 Nov 2007

Paulboard Top 50 of 2021

50.) "THERE SHE GO" | Justin Bieber ft. Lil Uzi Vert | 122 points
                        49.) "SIMPLE TIMES" | Kacey Musgraves | 125
                        48.) "BREADWINNER" | Kacey Musgraves | 127
                        47.) "ASKING FOR A FRIEND" | CHVRCHES | 130
                        46.) "BITE ME" | Avril Lavigne | 130
                        45.) "HEARTBREAK IN THIS CITY (SINGLE MIX)" | Steps ft. Michelle Visage | 130
                        44.) "WE'RE GOOD" | Dua Lipa | 131
                        43.) "BUTTER" | BTS | 131
                        42.) "YOU'RE NOT THE ONE" | Sky Ferreira | 134
                        41.) "CHERRY" | Fletcher ft. Hayley Kiyoko | 134

40.) "SMILE LIKE THAT" | Terror Jr | 135
                        39.) "DARLING" | Halsey | 136
                        38.) "SO HOT YOU'RE HURTING MY FEELINGS" | Caroline Polachek | 136
                        37.) "BETTER IF YOU DON'T" | CHVRCHES | 140
                        36.) "ALL TOO WELL (10 MINUTE VERSION) (TAYLOR'S VERSION)" | Taylor Swift | 143
                        35.) "COLD HEART (PNAU REMIX)" | Elton John ft. Dua Lipa | 143
                        34.) "TEST DRIVE" | Ariana Grande | 143
                        33.) "REAL GROOVE (STUDIO 2054 INITIAL TALK REMIX)" | Kylie Minogue ft. Dua Lipa | 145
                        32.) "EVERYTHING IS EMBARRASSING" | Sky Ferreira | 145
                        31.) "RENEGADE" | Big Red Machine ft. Taylor Swift | 146

30.) "COULD CRY JUST THINKIN ABOUT YOU (FULL VERSION)" | Troye Sivan | 148
                        29.) "I CAN'T BE MYSELF" | Justin Bieber ft. Jaden | 152
                        28.) "ANYONE" | Justin Bieber | 154
                        27.) "HE SAID SHE SAID" | CHVRCHES | 156
                        26.) "WHAT DOESN'T KILL ME" | Kacey Musgraves | 159
                        25.) "HEARTBREAK ANTHEM" | Galantis ft. Little Mix & David Guetta | 162
                        24.) "MESSAGE IN A BOTTLE (TAYLOR'S VERSION)" | Taylor Swift | 163
                        23.) "GOOD DAYS" | SZA | 164
                        22.) "I BLAME MYSELF" | Sky Ferreira | 165
                        21.) "GOOD GIRLS" | CHVRCHES | 166

20.) "AS I AM" | Justin Bieber ft. Khalid | 166
                        19.) "WITHOUT YOU (MILEY CYRUS REMIX)" | The Kid LAROI ft. Miley Cyrus | 167
                        18.) "GOOD ONES" | Charli XCX | 170
                        17.) "BAD HABITS" | Ed Sheeran | 172
                        16.) "SAVE YOUR TEARS (REMIX)" | The Weeknd ft. Ariana Grande | 176
                        15.) "HEALING" | Fletcher | 180
                        14.) "REGARDLESS" | RAYE | 183
                        13.) "34+35" | Ariana Grande | 184 | No. 34 of 2020
                        12.) "LOVE ME AGAIN" | RAYE | 187
                        11.) "EASY (REMIX)" | Troye Sivan ft. Kacey Musgraves & Mark Ronson | 191

10.) "IF IT AIN'T ME" | Dua Lipa | 191
                        09.) "LEAVE BEFORE YOU LOVE ME" | Marshmello ft. Jonas Brothers | 195
                        08.) "SCREAMING" | CHVRCHES | 198
                        07.) "VIOLENT DELIGHTS" | CHVRCHES | 209
                        06.) "'TIS THE DAMN SEASON" | Taylor Swift | 222
                        05.) "LONG STORY SHORT" | Taylor Swift | 229
                        04.) "IVY" | Taylor Swift | 270
                        03.) "CHANGE YOUR MIND" | RAYE | 286
                        02.) "FINAL GIRL" | CHVRCHES | 295
                        01.) "WILLOW" | Taylor Swift | 313

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
                        last.fm​ ❖ Top 30

Comment

• JSparksFan
                          • 24 Jul 2009

Another solid year! Glad to see my year-end top two songs in your top 30. Interesting that "Willow", with 313 points, would only have finished third in your 2020 year-end list, but it's the pick of the litter this year. Was 2021 a more competitive chart year for you, or a weaker one?

49.) "SIMPLE TIMES" | Kacey Musgraves | 125
                          48.) "BREADWINNER" | Kacey Musgraves | 127
                          46.) "BITE ME" | Avril Lavigne | 130
                          45.) "HEARTBREAK IN THIS CITY (SINGLE MIX)" | Steps ft. Michelle Visage | 130
                          44.) "WE'RE GOOD" | Dua Lipa | 131
                          43.) "BUTTER" | BTS | 131
                          42.) "YOU'RE NOT THE ONE" | Sky Ferreira | 134
                          41.) "CHERRY" | Fletcher ft. Hayley Kiyoko | 134
                          36.) "ALL TOO WELL (10 MINUTE VERSION) (TAYLOR'S VERSION)" | Taylor Swift | 143
                          35.) "COLD HEART (PNAU REMIX)" | Elton John ft. Dua Lipa | 143

34.) "TEST DRIVE" | Ariana Grande | 143
                          31.) "RENEGADE" | Big Red Machine ft. Taylor Swift | 146
                          30.) "COULD CRY JUST THINKIN ABOUT YOU (FULL VERSION)" | Troye Sivan | 148
                          26.) "WHAT DOESN'T KILL ME" | Kacey Musgraves | 159
                          18.) "GOOD ONES" | Charli XCX | 170
                          17.) "BAD HABITS" | Ed Sheeran | 172
                          16.) "SAVE YOUR TEARS (REMIX)" | The Weeknd ft. Ariana Grande | 176
                          13.) "34+35" | Ariana Grande | 184 | No. 34 of 2020
                          12.) "LOVE ME AGAIN" | RAYE | 187
                          11.) "EASY (REMIX)" | Troye Sivan ft. Kacey Musgraves & Mark Ronson | 191
                          10.) "IF IT AIN'T ME" | Dua Lipa | 191
                          06.) "'TIS THE DAMN SEASON" | Taylor Swift | 222
                          05.) "LONG STORY SHORT" | Taylor Swift | 229
                          04.) "IVY" | Taylor Swift | 270
                          03.) "CHANGE YOUR MIND" | RAYE | 286
                          01.) "WILLOW" | Taylor Swift | 313

If honesty matters to you too much, the muscles of your jaws and neck will be forever knotted and your heart will crack. The wishes of business, the wishes of the clock, are all bigger than you. Bigger than humanity. Yielders are survivors. To yield is to be strong.

Comment

• crystalphoenix
                            Site Supporter
                            • 29 Nov 2007

Another solid year! Glad to see my year-end top two songs in your top 30. Interesting that "Willow", with 313 points, would only have finished third in your 2020 year-end list, but it's the pick of the litter this year. Was 2021 a more competitive chart year for you, or a weaker one?
                            Many thanks for popping in here!

Good catch regarding the point total comparisons. It's interesting: I'd definitely say 2020 was the stronger year for music overall due to SO many album drops from favorite artists (Selena, Halsey, Meghan Trainor, Kesha, Allie X, Charli, Carly Rae, Gaga, Ellie, Tay x2, Mariah, Ava, Ari, Kylie, and more), but the threshold for reaching the Year-End Top 50 was actually higher this year (requiring 122 points to be No. 50 compared to last year's 109).

"Willow" was also hurt a little by the fact that I chart remixes separately, and both the "Dancing Witch Version" and "90's Trend Remix" had strong enough chart runs on their own to each go Gold. If I only had the album version to turn to whenever I was in the mood for the song, it almost certainly would've racked up even more points. I (foolishly) didn't archive the point totals from every prior Year-End Countdown, but from the data I can access easily, "Willow"s 313 is at least higher than the 311 points that landed Kylie's "Stop Me From Falling" at No. 1 for 2018 and the 286 that got Tay's "Lover" to No. 1 for 2019.

Thanks again, Akini!
                            Last edited by crystalphoenix; Sun January 2, 2022, 21:50.
                            last.fm​ ❖ Top 30

Comment

• JSparksFan
                              • 24 Jul 2009

Originally posted by crystalphoenix
                              Many thanks for popping in here!

Good catch regarding the point total comparisons. It's interesting: I'd definitely say 2020 was the stronger year for music overall due to SO many album drops from favorite artists (Selena, Halsey, Meghan Trainor, Kesha, Allie X, Charli, Carly Rae, Gaga, Ellie, Tay x2, Mariah, Ava, Ari, Kylie, and more), but the threshold for reaching the Year-End Top 50 was actually higher this year (requiring 122 points to be No. 50 compared to last year's 109).

"Willow" was also hurt a little by the fact that I chart remixes separately, and both the "Dancing Witch Version" and "90's Trend Remix" had strong enough chart runs on their own to each go Gold. If I only had the album version to turn to whenever I was in the mood for the song, it almost certainly would've racked up even more points. I (foolishly) didn't archive the point totals from every prior Year-End Countdown, but from the data I can access easily, "Willow"s 313 is at least higher than the 311 points that landed Kylie's "Stop Me From Falling" at No. 1 for 2018 and the 286 that got Tay's "Lover" to No. 1 for 2019.

Thanks again, Akini!
                              Interestingly enough, it felt like 2021 was the better year in music, but when I did a rank-by-rank CY/PY quality comparison, 2020 actually came out on top and I think it boils down to exactly what you pointed out - more established, experienced acts cranking out albums in 2020 than in 2021.

Noted on the remix versions. I always merge remixes, but I can understand the argument against doing so, too.

Comment

• crystalphoenix
                                Site Supporter
                                • 29 Nov 2007

Paulboard Top 30
                                Chart Date: 02/11/22

• Attempting to post this more regularly again (though no promises about how long I'll manage to keep that up) Charli successfully scores the first No. 1 of the Crash era (and her 8th overall). Tove's underwhelming new single put her older material on my mind, and I'm not sure what exactly got me thinking about The Vamps in 2022. Many thanks to anyone who takes the time to give this a look!

THIS WEEK | LAST WEEK | WEEKS ON | TITLE | ARTIST | PEAK | CERT

01 (03) 04 | "New Shapes" - Charli XCX ft. Christine And The Queens & Caroline Polachek | 1 (1) | [G]
                                02 (N-) 01 | "Where Are You Now" - Lost Frequencies ft. Calum Scott | 2 (1)
                                03 (01) 03 | "Shinigami Eyes" - Grimes | 1 (1)
                                04 (17) 03 | "Message In A Bottle (Taylor's Version) (Fat Max G Remix)" - Taylor Swift | 1 (1)
                                05 (13) 04 | "Love It When You Hate Me" - Avril Lavigne ft. blackbear | 2 (1) | [G]
                                06 (05) 10 | "Good Ones" - Charli XCX | 2 (1) | [P]
                                07 (11) 04 | "I'm Coming" - Tove Lo | 4 | [G]
                                08 (R-) 04 | "Sweettalk My Heart" - Tove Lo | 3 | [G]
                                09 (R-) 04 | "Can We Dance" - The Vamps | 1 (1) | [P]
                                10 (N-) 01 | "Watching You From A Distant Place" - Bob's Burgers Cast | 10
                                11 (R-) 09 | "Undo" - Naughty Boy ft. Calum Scott & Shenseea | 1 (2) | [P]
                                12 (06) 03 | "Crying On The Inside" - Little Boots | 2 (1)
                                13 (R-) 04 | "Wild Heart" - The Vamps | 3 | [G]
                                14 (04) 02 | "Beg For You" - Charli XCX ft. Rina Sawayama | 4
                                15 (N-) 01 | "New Moon" - | 15
                                16 (10) 04 | "Player Of Games" - Grimes | 10
                                17 (N-) 01 | "That's The Way Love Goes" - Janet Jackson | 17
                                18 (R-) 07 | "Somebody To You" - The Vamps ft. Demi Lovato | 11 | [G]
                                19 (R-) 05 | "Oh Cecilia (Breaking My Heart)" - The Vamps | 4 | [G]
                                20 (23) 04 | "Sooner Or Later" - Years & Years | 6
                                21 (N-) 01 | "Because Of Love" - Janet Jackson | 21
                                22 (R-) 05 | "You Want This" - Janet Jackson | 14 | [P]
                                23 (07) 08 | "Bikini Porn" - Tove Lo | 7 | [G]
                                24 (R-) 15 | "ME!" - Taylor Swift ft. Brendon Urie | 1 (2) | [2xP]
                                25 (R-) 10 | "IDORU" - Grimes | 1 (2) | [P]
                                26 (20) 04 | "Sweet Talker" - Years & Years ft. Galantis | 7
                                27 (R-) 06 | "Lady Wood" - Tove Lo | 9 | [G]
                                28 (R-) 08 | "All Too Well (10 Minute Version) (Taylor's Version)" - Taylor Swift | 1 (1) | [P]
                                29 (19) 03 | "Make It Out Alive" - Years & Years | 9
                                30 (22) 03 | "See You Again" - Years & Years | 10

[GOLD] = 25+ total plays
                                [PLAT] = 50+ total plays
                                Last edited by crystalphoenix; Fri February 11, 2022, 22:05.
                                last.fm​ ❖ Top 30

Comment

• cheapthrills
                                  • 08 Jul 2016

I didn't realize you had posted a chart until I saw the Chart of Charts. I wish there was a way to physically tie you to UKMix so you could post your chart more often

I also like I can see what your chart was doing last week, and while I'm thrilled Grimes was #1 for you, I see it dropped this week Oh well at least your post helped get Grimes her #1 on the Chart of Charts

I also am surprised that the New Shapes collab is doing better than Beg For You.

You don't like the new Tove Lo?

Comment

• JSparksFan
                                    • 24 Jul 2009

So I'm seeing the impact of the Janet Jackson survivor and our "Me!" convo!

04 (17) 03 | "Message In A Bottle (Taylor's Version) (Fat Max G Remix)" - Taylor Swift | 1 (1)
                                    06 (05) 10 | "Good Ones" - Charli XCX | 2 (1) | [P]
                                    14 (04) 02 | "Beg For You" - Charli XCX ft. Rina Sawayama | 4
                                    17 (N-) 01 | "That's The Way Love Goes" - Janet Jackson | 17
                                    21 (N-) 01 | "Because Of Love" - Janet Jackson | 21
                                    22 (R-) 05 | "You Want This" - Janet Jackson | 14 | [P]
                                    24 (R-) 15 | "ME!" - Taylor Swift ft. Brendon Urie | 1 (2) | [2xP]
                                    28 (R-) 08 | "All Too Well (10 Minute Version) (Taylor's Version)" - Taylor Swift | 1 (1) | [P]

Comment

• crystalphoenix
                                      Site Supporter
                                      • 29 Nov 2007

I didn't realize you had posted a chart until I saw the Chart of Charts. I wish there was a way to physically tie you to UKMix so you could post your chart more often
                                      Offering to tie me up now, eh? "tie me up, tie me down..."

I also like I can see what your chart was doing last week, and while I'm thrilled Grimes was #1 for you, I see it dropped this week ​ Oh well at least your post helped get Grimes her #1 on the Chart of Charts
                                      Our timing was a smidge off, but it's still pretty exciting that "Shinigami Eyes" became our first shared No. 1 from Grimes ("We Appreciate Power" topped out at No. 10 here, but it had solid longevity and enough total plays for a Platinum cert, similar to what happened with Janet's "All For You" on your chart).

I also am surprised that the New Shapes collab is doing better than Beg For You
                                      Yeah, I really love both Charli and Rina (and "Cry For You"), so my expectations might've been too high. They're both so creative, I'm surprised they didn't do something more unexpected and innovative with the sample. It feels so similar to CFY that I might as well just re-visit that instead.

You don't like the new Tove Lo?
                                      Nah, it's been very in-one-ear-and-out-the-other for me, even after several tries. I haven't seen Euphoria at all, so maybe it'd make a bigger impact if I heard it in the context of the show?

Thanks again, CT!
                                      last.fm​ ❖ Top 30

Comment

• crystalphoenix
                                        Site Supporter
                                        • 29 Nov 2007

So I'm seeing the impact of the Janet Jackson survivor and our "Me!" convo!
                                        An extremely-sensible guess, but it was actually this ongoing blog about every Hot 100 No. 1 ever that put "That's The Way Love Goes" (and janet. in general) on my mind. Those articles are a really great mix of history/behind-the-scenes factoids and thoughtful reviews/breakdowns of the songs.

YOU are absolutely the reason for "ME!," though.

Thanks again, Akini!

last.fm​ ❖ Top 30

Comment

• crystalphoenix
                                          Site Supporter
                                          • 29 Nov 2007

Paulboard Top 30
                                          Chart Date: 02/18/22

• Charli capitalizes on an uneventful week to secure her first multi-week-No. 1 since "Unlock It" back in 2017, while the rest of the chart is awash in random (re)entries from years (and decades) past.

THIS WEEK | LAST WEEK | WEEKS ON | TITLE | ARTIST | PEAK | CERT

01 (01) 05 | "New Shapes" - Charli XCX ft. Christine And The Queens & Caroline Polachek | 1 (2) | [P]
                                          02 (14) 03 | "Beg For You" - Charli XCX ft. Rina Sawayama | 2 (1)
                                          03 (04) 04 | "Message In A Bottle (Taylor's Version) (Fat Max G Remix)" - Taylor Swift | 1 (1) | [G]
                                          04 (02) 02 | "Where Are You Now" - Lost Frequencies ft. Calum Scott | 2 (1)
                                          05 (03) 04 | "Shinigami Eyes" - Grimes | 1 (1) | [G]
                                          06 (R-) 11 | "Dreamlover" - Mariah Carey | 4 | [P]
                                          07 (R-) 06 | "Feeling Of Falling" - Cheat Codes ft. Kim Petras | 2 (1) | [G]
                                          08 (R-) 05 | "Good 4 U" - Olivia Rodrigo | 1 (1) | [G]
                                          09 (R-) 05 | "We Don't Talk About Bruno" - Encanto Cast | 1 (1) | [G]
                                          10 (06) 11 | "Good Ones" - Charli XCX | 2 (1) | [P]
                                          11 (R-) 10 | "Unlock It" - Charli XCX ft. Kim Petras & Jay Park | 1 (2) | [P]
                                          12 (N-) 01 | "She's All I Wanna Be" - Tate McRae | 12
                                          13 (N-) 01 | "Where Did You Go?" - Jax Jones ft. MNEK | 13
                                          14 (R-) 08 | "At Night (I Think About You)" - MNEK | 8 | [G]
                                          15 (N-) 01 | "How Long" - Tove Lo | 15
                                          16 (15) 02 | "New Moon" - | 15
                                          17 (R-) 04 | "Mr. Perfectly Fine (Taylor's Version)" - Taylor Swift | 13
                                          18 (R-) 05 | "Don't Start Now" - Dua Lipa | 17 | [G]
                                          19 (R-) 16 | "Break My Heart" - Dua Lipa | 1 (2) | [2xP]
                                          20 (N-) 01 | "Brad Pitt" - | 20
                                          21 (R-) 04 | "Tears" - Charli XCX ft. Caroline Polachek | 7 | [G]
                                          22 (R-) 12 | "Levitating" - Dua Lipa | 3 | [P]
                                          23 (R-) 03 | "Jacques" - Jax Jones ft. Tove Lo | 22
                                          24 (N-) 01 | "Kindness" - | 24
                                          25 (20) 05 | "Sooner Or Later" - Years & Years | 6
                                          26 (05) 05 | "Love It When You Hate Me" - Avril Lavigne ft. blackbear | 2 (1) | [G]
                                          27 (N-) 01 | "Fill Me In" - Craig David | 27
                                          28 (N-) 01 | "I Will Always Love You" - Dolly Parton | 28
                                          29 (R-) 04 | "Crave" - Years & Years | 8 | [G]
                                          30 (10) 02 | "Watching You From A Distant Place" - Bob's Burgers Cast | 10

[GOLD] = 25+ total plays
                                          [PLAT] = 50+ total plays
                                          Last edited by crystalphoenix; Fri February 18, 2022, 16:48.
                                          last.fm​ ❖ Top 30

Comment

Working...