Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tony's Charts ft Hits / Albums (15th Feb 2020)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just checked some entries from your Top 20 i've never heard of and wow found so many interesting tracks, "Que Sont-Ils Devenus?" is really good!
    ¡Eh, mamá!
    Me quiero matar
    El mundo se va a la mierda
    Y no he hecho nada

Comment

• ^Thanks for checking!

MY CHART JANUARY 18th 2015

1 1 Marina and The Diamonds - Immortal
      VIDEO (3 weeks; peak #1) 3 WEEKS AT #1!

2 2 Moulettes - Glorious Year (Turn Of The Centuries) (2 weeks; peak #2)
      3 3 Man Without Country with White Sea - Laws Of Motion (5 weeks; peak #1)
      4 4 Sia - Elastic Heart (11 weeks; peak #2)
      5 5 Ellie Goulding - Love Me Like You Do (2 weeks; peak #5)
      6 9 Jessie Ware - You and I (Forever) (10 weeks; peak #2)
      7 10 Charli XCX with Rita Ora - Doing It (2 weeks; PEAK)
      8 6 Holly Johnson - Heaven's Eyes (4 weeks; peak #2)
      9 7 Pawws - Sugar / Outside / Give You Love / Just Be Kind (Sugar EP) (5 weeks; peak #4)
      10 8 Alex Winston - Careless LYRIC VIDEO (5 weeks; peak #5)
      11 12 Najoua Belyzel - Que Sont-Ils Devenus? (What Have We Become?) (7 weeks; peak #4)
      12 14 Shy For Shore - Steal My Car (4 weeks; peak #11)
      13 11 Veronica Maggio - Latsas Som Det Regnar (Pretend That It's Raining) (4 weeks; peak #6)
      14 13 Princess Chelsea - No Church On Sunday (4 weeks; peak #10)
      15 NEW Taylor Swift - Style AUDIO
      16 NEW Krystal Klear with Yasmin - One Night Only VIDEO
      She's back! Nice 80s flecked dance track.

17 NEW Errors - Lease Of Life AUDIO STREAM VIDEO
      Indie synth.

18 NEW The Prodigy - Nasty VIDEO
      Or "Narsty Narsty"! Anti-fox hunting (and by extension anti-Tory government) video.

19 NEW Purity Ring - Begin Again AUDIO STREAM VIDEO
      20 NEW 2:54 - Crest VIDEO
      21 NEW Hillsong Young and Free - Energy AUDIO STREAM VIDEO
      22 NEW Clare Maguire - Cosmic Dancer / Whenever You Want It / Shadows / House Of The Rising Sun (Live for Burberry EP) FULL PERFORMANCE VIDEO
      23 NEW Tricky with Ajeya - Nicotine Love (French) AUDIO STREAM VIDEO / Ready AUDIO STREAM VIDEO / Same Old Song AUDIO STREAM VIDEO (European Tour Bonus Tracks EP)
      ^^Clare's EP of tracks from a fashion show are on sale, Tricky's set is free and previews work with a new French vocalist.

24 18 Purity Ring - Push Pull (5 weeks; peak #14)
      25 NEW The Unthanks - Flutter VIDEO
      This one is on 6 Music's playlist - a shame they ignored the more radio friendly Mount The Air though Radio 2 should have played that, too.

26 16 Charli XCX - Breaking Up (7 weeks; peak #6)
      27 17 Faith No More - Motherf*cker (7 weeks; peak #2)
      28 15 The Unthanks - Mount The Air (9 weeks; peak #1)
      29 19 Echosmith - Cool Kids (29 weeks; peak #1)
      30 20 Ron Van Den Beuken with Imogen Heap - Headlock (2 weeks; peak #20)
      31 NEW Team Me - F Is For Faker VIDEO
      If you like Arcade Fire...

32 NEW Bright Light Bright Light - There Are No Miracles VIDEO
      33 23 Pawws - Time To Say Goodbye / Slow Love (5 weeks; peak #14)
      34 24 Man Without Country - Sweet Harmony (5 weeks; peak #16)
      35 28 First Aid Kit - Walk Unafraid (4 weeks; peak #22)
      36 31 Shura - Indecision VIDEO (7 weeks; peak #10)
      37 RE First Aid Kit - Master Pretender VIDEO (language) (2 weeks; PEAK)
      38 21 Moulettes - Constellations (2 weeks; peak #21)
      39 NEW Echosmith - March Into The Sun VIDEO (Animated - "Extras")
      Presumably by the notifications in the video posting title this is not an official new single.

40 NEW First Aid Kit - America VIDEO
      FAK have three songs on promo at once! The Wild theme is at 35 - film now out in UK - and the actual new single Master Pretender now has a video, with this Black Friday cover of Simon and Garfunkel now on digital release, as well!

-----------------------------------------------

MY ALBUM CHART JANUARY 18th 2015

1 1 Olafur Arnalds - Broadchurch (OTVST - S1/S2)
      (2 weeks; peak #1) SPOTIFY

2 6 Sky Ferreira - Night Time, My Time (23 weeks; peak #1)
      3 7 Beck - Morning Phase (10 weeks; peak #1)
      4 5 The Birthday Massacre - Superstition (10 weeks; peak #1)
      5 9 Banks - Goddess (12 weeks; peak #1)
      6 10 Blondie - Ghosts Of Download (12 weeks; peak #1)
      7 2 Hans Zimmer - Interstellar (OST) (4 weeks; peak #1)
      8 RE The Jezabels - The Brink (8 weeks; peak #1)
      9 RE Jessie Ware - Tough Love (12 weeks; peak #1)
      10 RE Kitten - Kitten (12 weeks; peak #1)
      11 RE Moulettes - Constellations (8 weeks; peak #1)
      12 4 Man Without Country - Foe (5 weeks; peak #2)
      13 NEW Hayseed Dixie - Hair Down To My Grass SPOTIFY
      Best tracks are the ballads weirdly - including German version of Scorpions' Wind Of Change.

14 RE Missing Persons / Dale Bozzio - Missing In Action (10 weeks; peak #1)
      15 RE Bird - My Fear and Me (7 weeks; peak #1)

Tony's Charts ft Hits / Albums (15th Feb 20) - Cam, Polly Scattergood, Cerrone, Blanche, Seth Lakeman, La Roux

Comment

• Good to see Marina, Charli XCX and Ellie in the Top5 and i love Taylor's debut with "Style"

Comment

• *tries to get chart up before Navi's Saturday morning comment*

MY CHART JANUARY 25th 2015

1 NEW Bjork - Stonemilker
          AUDIO (Track 1)

:x :x
          These are all the emotions i went through this week after her new album turned up on iTunes only a week after it was announced because of a ridiculously early leak. What would i do? I had no money for another week. I wasn't planning for this. There's no official streams yet. I don't do illegal downloads. I don't even buy legal downloads if it's good enough for a CD purchase - which this is. I'm not buying it twice. Anyway after a fruitless Google search i eventually found an unofficial stream - which supposedly uses the same source as the original leak. A stream is OK for me as you're not downloading it therefore it's not yours to keep - and i can't see any download link at all on that site. Honestly why do people in the business insist on ruining the artists' plans? I'm grateful i can hear it but the whole joy of absorbing an album when you buy the CD has gone completely. You're not a fan if you're not keeping up with everyone else and everyone else wants it RIGHT FRIGGING NOW.

So, the song. Well it's a tear-jerking thing of beauty - a return to the beats and strings of the immortal Joga. The ominous precursor to her breakdown with former partner Matthew Barney - milking a stone being her unique take on the blood from a stone analogy. The only song on the album that sounds like an obvious single and would no doubt be a grat if she'd taken the Madonna option. Hence this album track makes my Hits chart despite not being earmarked for single/video/promo yet at all - nothing has, she's only just finalised the physical release date - 9th March for the album. See Album Chart.

2 1 Marina and The Diamonds - Immortal (4 weeks; peak #1)
          And Marina's next promo song was also leaked on Tuesday (a week before radio premiere). :evil: She has said - somewhat in contrast to her past opinions on leaks - that she doesn't mind people listening but it's low quality so i've resisted. I would hope she's not so relaxed about leaked albums anymore as my whole UKMix Forum stance would be shot to pieces, and i certainly don't want another Bjork situation. :x

3 2 Moulettes - Glorious Year (Turn Of The Centuries) (3 weeks; peak #2)
          4 5 Ellie Goulding - Love Me Like You Do VIDEO (3 weeks; PEAK)

Clearly, the film is about "love". Not until near the end of the vid do you get a hint of the true nature of their "love". One wonders if Dougie "loves" her like this.

5 7 Charli XCX with Rita Ora - Doing It VIDEO (3 weeks; PEAK)

It's not a Telephone copy, it just uses the same influences. My God, she looks like Raquel Welch in that pic. EDIT: i think i mean Sophia Loren or Gina Lollobrigida.

6 3 Man Without Country with White Sea - Laws Of Motion (6 weeks; peak #1)
          7 4 Sia - Elastic Heart (12 weeks; peak #2)
          8 NEW Monarchy - Dancing In The Corner VIDEO

One of their best yet - like a stoned slowed-down Scissor Sisters.

9 NEW Fiona Grey - Beauty Queen VIDEO

A friend of both Charli XCX and Chloe from Kitten (who appears in this video the "tart" - see Break The Rules). Fiona is a little more arty - this track (not a Foxes cover) is another vaguely LDR kind of light pop ballad.

10 6 Jessie Ware - You and I (Forever) (11 weeks; peak #2)
          11 8 Holly Johnson - Heaven's Eyes (5 weeks; peak #2)
          12 10 Alex Winston - Careless (6 weeks; peak #5)
          13 NEW The Go! Team - The Scene Between VIDEO
          They've turned into The Polyphonic Spree! Pure hippy rock vibes! Great melody and happiness.

14 15 Taylor Swift - Style (2 weeks; PEAK)
          15 19 Purity Ring - Begin Again (2 weeks; PEAK)
          16 9 Pawws - Sugar / Outside / Give You Love / Just Be Kind (Sugar EP) (6 weeks; peak #4)
          17 16 Krystal Klear with Yasmin - One Night Only (2 weeks; peak #16)
          18 17 Errors - Lease Of Life (2 weeks; peak #17)
          19 18 The Prodigy - Nasty (2 weeks; peak #18)
          20 11 Najoua Belyzel - Que Sont-Ils Devenus? (What Have We Become?) (8 weeks; peak #4)
          21 12 Shy For Shore - Steal My Car (5 weeks; peak #11)
          22 13 Veronica Maggio - Latsas Som Det Regnar (Pretend That It's Raining) (5 weeks; peak #6)
          23 NEW Mew - Satellites AUDIO STREAM
          Never thought they'd be even recording these days never mind being great again.

24 14 Princess Chelsea - No Church On Sunday (5 weeks; peak #10)
          25 25 The Unthanks - Flutter (2 weeks; peak #25)
          26 20 2:54 - Crest (2 weeks; peak #20)
          27 21 Hillsong Young and Free - Energy (2 weeks; peak #21)
          28 NEW Little Big Town - Girl Crush LIVE SESSION VIDEO
          Country group make girl-group homage with a complicated love triangle lyric.

29 NEW Aphex Twin - Diskhat1 AUDIO STREAM (Track 3)
          Not the best on the new mini-album but selected as a "single" by BBC 6 Music.

30 26 Charli XCX - Breaking Up (8 weeks; peak #6)
          Gets Chris Stein's seal of approval in latest Classic Pop magazine. Maybe it will eventually be a proper single.

31 24 Purity Ring - Push Pull (6 weeks; peak #14)
          Still no video for this despite Radio 1 playlisting. :-?

32 NEW Chicane with Lisa Gerrard - Orleans AUDIO STREAM VIDEO
          Lisa returns to trance. And Chicane is back to remind Above and Beyond he was there first.

33 NEW Giorgio Moroder with Kylie Minogue - Right Here, Right Now AUDIO STREAM VIDEO
          34 NEW Thumpers with Jena Malone - Devotee VIDEO / Thumpers with Chloe Howl - Yolanda / Thumpers with Blood Red Shoes and Sun Club - Parachute / Thumpers - Together Now (Together EP) EP STREAM
          Outpeaks Jena's recent The Shoe hits.

35 NEW Saint Saviour - Bang VIDEO
          36 34 Man Without Country - Sweet Harmony (6 weeks; peak #16)
          37 22 Clare Maguire - Cosmic Dancer / Whenever You Want It / Shadows / House Of The Rising Sun (Live for Burberry EP) (2 weeks; peak #22)
          38 RE Chvrches - Get Away VIDEO (7 weeks; peak #19)
          39 28 The Unthanks - Mount The Air (10 weeks; peak #1)
          40 29 Echosmith - Cool Kids (30 weeks; peak #1)

------------------------------------

MY ALBUM CHART JANUARY 25th 2015

1 NEW Bjork - Vulnicura
          UNOFFICIAL STREAM

Co-produced by Arca, it's her best and most accessible album since Vespertine (though it's not in the same league) and most recalls the beats and strings of Homogenic while having the consistency of sound and feeling of Vespertine. Stonemilker aside, the other standouts are Mouth Mantra with its infectious skipping beats and the dark jazz frills of Notget. Elsewhere it's very dark and frank - particularly on the epic Black Lake - not actually her longest ever track, that is the 15 minute Prayer Of The Heart she did for John Tavener which i bought his album for back when i was an obsessive - where she accuses ex Matthew Barney of being so obsessed with his art he neglected his family. Ouch!
          Now if only i had a CD copy so i could appreciate the bass properly. There isn't even an Amazon CD pre-order AutoRip version (just a CD at present) :-? - though maybe it will be uploaded on Amazon digital soon so that can happen?

For most of the week this next album was #1...
          2 NEW Man Without Country - Maximum Entropy SPOTIFY

As before (in fact a lot of it was already released on EPs). A pity they had no coverage bar the critics who know. The album never even made the iTunes top 1500 when i checked on release.

3 1 Olafur Arnalds - Broadchurch (OTVST - S1/S2) (3 weeks; peak #1)
          One Icelander knocks off another!

4 NEW Aphex Twin - Computer Controlled Acoustic Instruments Pt2 (MA) SPOTIFY
          It's a shorter set but it's more consistent and satisfying than Syro. Don't go looking for Pt1.

5 NEW Fiona Grey - Belladonna (MA) SPOTIFY

6 NEW Justin Hurwitz and Tim Simonec - Whiplash (OST) SPOTIFY

Fantastic film - Full Metal Drumkit, basically in which a young drum player gets a harsh run of lessons from a tyrant of a teacher (JK Simmons who is Oscar-bound). Hurwitz and Simonec provide most of the score though a different Spotify upload assigns some tracks to other artists (but misses off some from the stream). Never thought i'd be charting a drum-based instrumental jazz album!

7 NEW Above and Beyond - We Are All We Need SPOTIFY
          8 12 Man Without Country - Foe (6 weeks; peak #2)
          9 NEW Beatrice Eli - Die Another Day SPOTIFY
          10 NEW Saor Patrol - Outlander SPOTIFY
          Scottish folk rock and pipes band who raced up iTunes after a UK TV appearance for upcoming Burns Night. Pronounced "shore" patrol - means freedom in Gaelic.

11 NEW The Feminine Complex - Livin' Love SPOTIFY
          All-female psychedelic band from the 60s who i saw Charli XCX rave about in an interview. The first half of the reissue is spruced up sessions, the second half raw demos of just the girls.

12 NEW The Waterboys - Modern Blues SPOTIFY
          13 2 Sky Ferreira - Night Time, My Time (24 weeks; peak #1)
          14 3 Beck - Morning Phase (11 weeks; peak #1)
          15 NEW Johan Johannsson - The Theory Of Everything (OST) SPOTIFY
          Another great film - two amazing performances. Over-rated soundtrack, though - little more than a set of short cues with only a few standout themes. The third Icelander on the chart and the second soundtrack composer.

16 4 The Birthday Massacre - Superstition (11 weeks; peak #1)
          17 5 Banks - Goddess (13 weeks; peak #1)
          18 6 Blondie - Ghosts Of Download (13 weeks; peak #1)
          19 8 The Jezabels - The Brink (9 weeks; peak #1)
          20 9 Jessie Ware - Tough Love (13 weeks; peak #1)
          21 10 Kitten - Kitten (13 weeks; peak #1)
          22 11 Moulettes - Constellations (9 weeks; peak #1)
          23 NEW Mark Ronson - Uptown Special SPOTIFY
          24 7 Hans Zimmer - Interstellar (OST) (5 weeks; peak #1)
          25 14 Missing Persons / Dale Bozzio - Missing In Action (11 weeks; peak #1)

Tony's Charts ft Hits / Albums (15th Feb 20) - Cam, Polly Scattergood, Cerrone, Blanche, Seth Lakeman, La Roux

Comment

• *tries to get chart up before Navi's Saturday morning comment*
            And you succeed
            Now i have a double work to do.
            34 NEW Thumpers with Jena Malone - Devotee (love)
            out for about two months (thought you don't like it)

Comment

• ^I didn't know about it. And i just discovered EP with two more great guests. Edited entry.

Comment

• Hi Blondini

Wanted to check out your chart as we sometimes have the same songs in our top 5's so naturally your taste in music must be amazing. lol

So let's see, comments for songs i know, or have heard.

1 NEW Bjork - Stonemilker AUDIO (Track 1)

Well i have to admit Bjork isn't an artist i can honestly say i'm a fan of, although some of her songs i have found quite mesmerising. I had tried to check out the song on YouTube but all that played was Darude Sandstorm as it must've been like the old Rick roll videos. I checked the previews on iTunes but like i say, i find Bjork's music difficult to get into. :(

Now this is such an incredible song, i fell in love with this the first time i heard it. Everything about the song is perfect, the atmospheric synths building up with the drums and Ellie's delicate vocals. The chorus is repetitive but it's go catchy, and i'm a sucker for a catchy chorus. Currently my #1 and who knows how long its gonna stay there for.

My Doing it points buddy. Can't believe this dropped out of the UK Mix chart from #19 but i like i posted, it will be back at some point.

Another excellent track from Sia doing what she does best, and i love this whole era even more for the music videos. I do wonder if there's a third single if Sia will get young Maddie again to star in the video.

14 15 Taylor Swift - Style (2 weeks; PEAK)

Initially made my top 5 after the album release, could well return to my chart soon. I guess that'll be when the music video is released.

19 18 The Prodigy - Nasty (2 weeks; peak #18)

I've loved The Prodigy since i was a kid. They were a group that all my mates loved when i was at high school and i loved Invaders must die but for some reason i really struggled to get into Nasty. Not sure what i was expecting as the announcement got me all excited but when i finally heard this song, i was underwhelmed.

33 NEW Giorgio Moroder with Kylie Minogue - Right Here, Right Now AUDIO STREAM VIDEO

Oh man, i knew there was a song i forgot to chart this week. I'm gonna note this song right now and make sure it charts next week. I love how Giorgio at the age of 74 is still making music that is bound to be popular with 18-30 year olds. I have so much admiration for artists like this. You'd expect someone aged 74 to be doing ballads, or swing music so this is such a brilliant thing.

Comment

• ^Thanks for such detailed comments.
                  Yeah, the #1 song for Bjork is still up on that stream i linked. It's really quite pleasant and accessible if you give it the time. You should also check Fiona Grey.

Comment

• 29 NEW Aphex Twin - Diskhat1 AUDIO STREAM (Track 3)
                    you still hadn't dropped that rule of charting singles only? duh.
                    KUBA'S CHART

Comment

• 2 1 Marina and The Diamonds - Immortal (4 weeks; peak #1)
                      3 2 Moulettes - Glorious Year (Turn Of The Centuries) (3 weeks; peak #2)
                      12 10 Alex Winston - Careless (6 weeks; peak #5)
                      20 11 Najoua Belyzel - Que Sont-Ils Devenus? (What Have We Become?) (8 weeks; peak #4)
                      24 14 Princess Chelsea - No Church On Sunday (5 weeks; peak #10)

40 29 Echosmith - Cool Kids (30 weeks; peak #1)

Hope i can find some time soon (after my last exam) to check out all the songs i don't know from your chart, this was the best source of good new music to me this month, keep up the good work.
                      ¡Eh, mamá!
                      Me quiero matar
                      El mundo se va a la mierda
                      Y no he hecho nada

Comment

• Great to see Little Big Town on someone's chart, I haven't heard Girl Crush yet but I intend to listen to their Painkiller album soon. Have you heard Day Drinking? I love it.
                        Elastic Heart is amazing, great to see it so high on your chart.

Comment

• Originally posted by jszmiles
                          29 NEW Aphex Twin - Diskhat1 AUDIO STREAM (Track 3)
                          you still hadn't dropped that rule of charting singles only? duh.
                          It's a hits chart that is based on songs or singles or EPs that are promoted by the artist or record company in some way. I don't want to flood it with several album tracks by different artists - plus it's a headache to sort out when you have a new album and can't decide the order. You've seen how many albums i chart! I've relaxed the rules considerably by adding videos that aren't singles, instant grat songs, radio playlist songs and in this week's case - a standout track by Bjork i just had to chart (though it is the most played track so far on UK radio).
                          For the record it's track 1 on the Aphex set that is the best - the one that starts Diskhat ALL...
                          Maybe he serviced that other track to radio so it is a "single" but i doubt it! I think they just picked it.

Originally posted by IrishLamb
                          Great to see Little Big Town on someone's chart, I haven't heard Girl Crush yet but I intend to listen to their Painkiller album soon. Have you heard Day Drinking? I love it.
                          Elastic Heart is amazing, great to see it so high on your chart.
                          I charted Pain Killer last year - #5 on my chart and #43 on YE chart. Day Drinking only made my weekly top 50 - there is better than both on the album. This song is now being promoted by US radio so i charted it (also has two official promoting videos/streams so far).

Originally posted by fpfbm54

Hope i can find some time soon (after my last exam) to check out all the songs i don't know from your chart, this was the best source of good new music to me this month, keep up the good work.
                          Gee, thanks, April! I could kiss you!

Comment

• Originally posted by Blondini
                            in this week's case - a standout track by Bjork i just had to chart (though it is the most played track so far on UK radio).
                            and it's now also playlisted by 6 Music which means it's likely she means it be the first single. http://www.bbc.co.uk/6music/playlist

Comment

• I fell in love with "Vulnicura"! Glad it made such an impact on your charts <3

Comment

• So much responses on your chart this week.
                                (Your moaning is paid off )

Comment

• Originally posted by Blondini
                                  Originally posted by Blondini
                                  in this week's case - a standout track by Bjork i just had to chart (though it is the most played track so far on UK radio).
                                  and it's now also playlisted by 6 Music which means it's likely she means it be the first single. http://www.bbc.co.uk/6music/playlist

it is officially confirmed as 1st single, yes!
                                  KUBA'S CHART

Comment

• ^@Navi. Seems so.

MY CHART FEBRUARY 1st 2015

1 1 Bjork - Stonemilker
                                    AUDIO (Track 1) (2 weeks; peak #1)

Now confirmed as a single.

2 NEW Jessie Ware - Champagne Kisses AUDIO

Poppy album highlight becomes her 4th #2 hit in a row.

3 NEW Marina and The Diamonds - I'm A Ruin AUDIO STREAM VIDEO

First official radio single from Froot.

4 2 Marina and The Diamonds - Immortal (5 weeks; peak #1)
                                    5 NEW Team Me - Blind As Night VIDEO / The All Time High FAN VIDEO

A double-a side release with Blind As Night being my fave. More orchestrated indie pop on the Album Chart.

6 3 Moulettes - Glorious Year (Turn Of The Centuries) (4 weeks; peak #2)
                                    7 4 Ellie Goulding - Love Me Like You Do (4 weeks; peak #4)
                                    8 5 Charli XCX with Rita Ora - Doing It (4 weeks; peak #5)
                                    9 8 Monarchy - Dancing In The Corner (2 weeks; peak #8)
                                    10 NEW Erasure - Sacred FAN VIDEO
                                    Album highlight is now a single.

11 9 Fiona Grey - Beauty Queen (2 weeks; peak #9)
                                    12 7 Sia - Elastic Heart (13 weeks; peak #2)
                                    13 6 Man Without Country with White Sea - Laws Of Motion (7 weeks; peak #1)
                                    14 12 Alex Winston - Careless / NEW We Got Nothing AUDIO STREAM VIDEO (7 weeks; peak #5)
                                    15 NEW Airling - Wasted Pilots VIDEO

Australian alt-pop / downtempo singer who i discovered via the next entry (she's in this video)...

16 NEW Thelma Plum - How Much Does Your Love Cost? AUDIO STREAM VIDEO / Young In Love VIDEO / Monsters / Candle (Monsters EP) EP STREAM

...Who i discovered on Shell (Virgostar)'s YE list on UKMix. Although downtempo track YIL is the selected video, it's the track How Much... that is the stand-out with its guitar riff.

17 RE Team Me - F Is For Faker (2 weeks; PEAK)
                                    18 NEW The Prodigy with Martina Topley-Bird - The Day Is My Enemy AUDIO STREAM VIDEO
                                    A take on a classic Cole Porter song sung by Ella Fitzgerald with an uncredited Martina recreating Ella's vocal. Second #18 entry in a row!

19 NEW Rene LaVice with Ivy Mairi - The Calling AUDIO STREAM VIDEO
                                    Indie (read Florence etc) female / drum and bass cross.

20 RE Lights - Running With The Boys VIDEO (7 weeks; peak #9)
                                    21 10 Jessie Ware - You and I (Forever) (12 weeks; peak #2)
                                    22 11 Holly Johnson - Heaven's Eyes (6 weeks; peak #2)
                                    23 NEW Glowbug - Death Of The Party VIDEO (gore horror)
                                    Synth alt rock with a guest "straight" acting spot by porn babe Dani Daniels.

24 13 The Go! Team - The Scene Between (2 weeks; peak #13)
                                    25 14 Taylor Swift - Style (3 weeks; peak #14)
                                    26 15 Purity Ring - Begin Again (3 weeks; peak #15)
                                    27 NEW Rae Morris - Love Again LIVE VIDEO
                                    This was a grat track last week but i had no full link for it. Should be a proper single. Not to be confused with Shy For Shore's Love, Again.

28 NEW Death Cab For Cutie - Black Sun LYRIC VIDEO
                                    29 17 Krystal Klear with Yasmin - One Night Only (3 weeks; peak #16)
                                    30 18 Errors - Lease Of Life (3 weeks; peak #17)
                                    31 19 The Prodigy - Nasty (3 weeks; peak #18)
                                    32 32 Chicane with Lisa Gerrard - Orleans (2 weeks; peak #32)
                                    33 NEW Chicane with Duane Harden - One More Time AUDIO STREAM VIDEO
                                    34 NEW AC/DC - Rock Or Bust VIDEO
                                    35 NEW Dark Waves - I Don't Wanna Be In Love VIDEO
                                    36 NEW SPC ECO - Hear Me Now VIDEO
                                    37 NEW A Place To Bury Strangers - We've Come So Far AUDIO STREAM VIDEO
                                    38 23 Mew - Satellites (2 weeks; peak #23)
                                    39 34 Thumpers with Jena Malone - Devotee / Thumpers with Chloe Howl - Yolanda / Thumpers with Blood Red Shoes and Sun Club - Parachute / Thumpers - Together Now (Together EP) (2 weeks; peak #34)
                                    40 25 The Unthanks - Flutter (3 weeks; peak #25)
                                    41 RE Selah Sue - Alone VIDEO (3 weeks; peak #36)
                                    42 NEW Juliet Simms - Before It Rains AUDIO
                                    43 30 Charli XCX - Breaking Up (9 weeks; peak #6)
                                    44 16 Pawws - Sugar / Outside / Give You Love / Just Be Kind (Sugar EP) (7 weeks; peak #4)
                                    45 NEW Brooke Fraser - Magical Machine VIDEO
                                    46 NEW The Do - Keep Your Lips Sealed AUDIO STREAM VIDEO
                                    47 NEW Carrie Underwood - Little Toy Guns VIDEO
                                    48 20 Najoua Belyzel - Que Sont-Ils Devenus? (What Have We Become?) (9 weeks; peak #4)
                                    49 NEW Cattle and Cane - Then You Came Along AUDIO STREAM VIDEO
                                    50 21 Shy For Shore - Steal My Car (6 weeks; peak #11)
                                    51 26 2:54 - Crest (3 weeks; peak #20)
                                    52 NEW A Place To Bury Strangers - Straight VIDEO
                                    53 NEW Ginger Wildheart and Courtney Love - Honour VIDEO (language)
                                    One of 36 songs Ginger is giving to subscribers of his G.A.S.S. site this year - still managed to get playlisted by XFM - video uses live footage along with studio track.

54 22 Veronica Maggio - Latsas Som Det Regnar (Pretend That It's Raining) (6 weeks; peak #6)
                                    55 28 Little Big Town - Girl Crush (2 weeks; peak #28)
                                    56 24 Princess Chelsea - No Church On Sunday (6 weeks; peak #10)
                                    57 35 Saint Saviour - Bang (2 weeks; peak #35)
                                    58 27 Hillsong Young and Free - Energy (3 weeks; peak #21)
                                    59 31 Purity Ring - Push Pull (7 weeks; peak #14)
                                    60 33 Giorgio Moroder with Kylie Minogue - Right Here, Right Now (2 weeks; peak #33)

------------------------------------------

MY ALBUM CHART FEBRUARY 1st 2015

1 1 Bjork - Vulnicura
                                    (2 weeks; peak #1) UNOFFICIAL STREAM
                                    2 NEW Team Me - Blind As Night SPOTIFY

3 NEW Team Me - To The Treetops! SPOTIFY
                                    4 NEW Airling - Love Gracefully (MA) SPOTIFY
                                    5 NEW Team Me - Female Lead (MA) SPOTIFY
                                    6 2 Man Without Country - Maximum Entropy (2 weeks; peak #2)
                                    7 3 Olafur Arnalds - Broadchurch (OTVST - S1/S2) (4 weeks; peak #1)
                                    8 NEW Team Me - EP (MA) SPOTIFY
                                    9 4 Aphex Twin - Computer Controlled Acoustic Instruments Pt2 (MA) (2 weeks; peak #4)
                                    10 5 Fiona Grey - Belladonna (MA) (2 weeks; peak #5)
                                    5 mini-albums in my top ten!

11 NEW Meghan Trainor - Title SPOTIFY
                                    Bang Dem Sticks and Credit are really good!

12 8 Man Without Country - Foe (7 weeks; peak #2)
                                    13 NEW Rae Morris - Unguarded SPOTIFY
                                    14 6 Justin Hurwitz and Tim Simonec - Whiplash (OST) (2 weeks; peak #6)
                                    15 NEW Marsheaux - A Broken Frame SPOTIFY
                                    Cover of Depeche Mode's second album.

16 NEW Glowbug - Headhunters BANDCAMP
                                    Free download.

17 7 Above and Beyond - We Are All We Need (2 weeks; peak #7)
                                    18 NEW Chicane - The Sum Of Its Parts SPOTIFY
                                    19 NEW Bethel Music - We Will Not Be Shaken (Live) SONGS ON YOUTUBE
                                    20 9 Beatrice Eli - Die Another Day (2 weeks; peak #9)
                                    21 10 Saor Patrol - Outlander (2 weeks; peak #10)
                                    22 13 Sky Ferreira - Night Time, My Time (25 weeks; peak #1)
                                    23 14 Beck - Morning Phase (12 weeks; peak #1)
                                    24 16 The Birthday Massacre - Superstition (12 weeks; peak #1)
                                    25 17 Banks - Goddess (14 weeks; peak #1)

Comment

• Good to see Björk still on top of both charts, and i also like the new entries for Marina And The Diamonds & Carrie Underwood

Comment

• 1 1 Bjork - Vulnicura (2 weeks; peak #1) UNOFFICIAL STREAM
                                        First time i saw Bjork 1990 on promo concert for Here Today, Tomorrow Next Week! in my hometown Zagreb,
                                        probably the biggest attendance concert (5.000) of the whole tour.
                                        My first thoughts were - nutcase
                                        I could never imagine that this unpretty (sorry) short chick in stretch dress
                                        which reveals hers imperfect figure, would become most appreciated art-pop diva
                                        or so called "avant-garde primadona".
                                        Album is great, but you have to be in the right mood for listening this,
                                        or you become nut.

Great chart as always with so many news.
                                        Highlights after the partial hearing
                                        Have so little time, that i can't handle all of that. :(
                                        35 NEW Dark Waves - I Don't Wanna Be In Love
                                        37 NEW A Place To Bury Strangers - We've Come So Far

Comment

• Yes, she's a most unlikely superstar / icon! We should be thankful for Einar being even more of a nut and The Sugarcubes imploding!

Comment

• I know I'm late but I need to leave a round of applause for your Whiplash love. Film and soundtrack absolutely great. I also never expected to get into jazz but the story and the music scenes are so powerful that I can't understant how someone would dislike the ST.

Comment

• I really envy you Tony, I have such ADD that I couldn't rank that many albums a week. Usually I have to give it my undivided attention

Glad to see Vulnicura at #1, I didn't like it at first now I adore it.

The cover album of DM's A Broken Frame sounds intriguing
                                              My top 100 artists (2018 edition)

Comment

• Great for Bjork, the album is great as is the #1 track.
                                                My tits are made of silicone, just like the Earth and sea...

Comment

• Rae Morris's album is good though nothing is as good as Under The Shadows sadly, though Love Again comes close, agree should push this as a single

Champagne Kisses is nice but really want her to release Cruel as this is turning into an undeserved flop era and can't see CK getting her much more album sales which is just wrong

Marina's new tracks have been good so far, looking forward to the album

Sia's track has grown on me, still can't get over the weird video though
                                                  RIP The Queen Of Disco

Comment

• ^Wow - long time no see, John and Nick! I wouldn't call it a flop era for Ware - she's had her two top 40 hits - her first - and biggest hit yet with Say You Love Me - the album did just as well as the first - it only charted lower because of the busy period it came out. Yes, the last single didn't do well but CK is a big pop song and easily one of the standouts. Cruel wouldn't do a thing.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X