Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tony's Charts ft Hits / Albums (15th Feb 2020)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^Well it's #5 so it's not "that bad". There is none of the power, ferocity or melody of before - i was expecting a lot because the previous albums gave me so much. Melody is the crucial ingredient, it's not enough to have feedback or texture. Admittedly i've not heard it on CD and may be losing some of the power but previous YouTube audios drew me in before the album because they had the melody. Where is the melody in lead single Straight? There's no hook, no riff, nothing. The "metal/hard rock" element is missing and it's just indie rock now. If i hadn't been a fan i wouldn't be made one by this.
    Tony's Charts ft Hits / Albums (15th Feb 20) - Cam, Polly Scattergood, Cerrone, Blanche, Seth Lakeman, La Roux

Comment

• MY CHART MARCH 1st 2015

1 NEW Spector - All The Sad Young Men
      VIDEO

Remember this band? They had a top 20 UK album and acres of positive press coverage. This is their best yet (and most synthtastic).

2 2 Charli XCX - Gold Coins LIVE VIDEO (7 weeks; peak #2)

3 1 Charli XCX - Need Ur Luv (2 weeks; peak #1)
      4 NEW Kelly Clarkson - Take You High AUDIO STREAM

One of several grat tracks out this week and two that i'm charting - both better than single Heartbeat Song. This is euphoric midtempo dance-pop.

5 6 Taylor Swift - Style (7 weeks; peak #1)

Kanye hits Swifty's g spot!
      The world is a much more interesting place with these two!

6 NEW All Tvvins - Thank You AUDIO STREAM VIDEO

Irish duo - from two indie bands, including The Cast Of Cheers. Now embracing pop and straight on to XFM's Daytime Playlist with Radio 1 supporting as well. I think it's pronounced All Twins. It's a bit like the best pop moments on The 1975's album - great bass and drums and eighties soundtrack vibe.

7 5 Charli XCX - Breaking Up (13 weeks; peak #5)
      8 3 Charli XCX - Boom Clap (24 weeks; peak #1)
      9 4 Charli XCX - London Queen (8 weeks; peak #2)
      10 RE Clare Maguire - Boomerang / NEW Don't Mess Me Around VIDEO / Dream Big / Sherlock (Don't Mess Me Around EP) EP STREAM (6 weeks; peak #3)

So demo Boomerang now has strings and appears on this EP - the lead song is great but not as good as Boomerang and overall it's lacking the spark she had before.

11 12 Marina and The Diamonds - I'm A Ruin (5 weeks; peak #3)
      12 10 Jessie Ware - Champagne Kisses (5 weeks; peak #2)
      13 7 Charli XCX with Rita Ora - Doing It (8 weeks; peak #5)
      14 9 Susanne Sundfor - Fade Away (7 weeks; peak #9)
      15 8 Charli XCX - Break The Rules (11 weeks; peak #2)
      16 11 Susanne Sundfor - Delirious (3 weeks; peak #11)
      17 14 Team Me - Blind As Night / The All Time High (5 weeks; peak #4)
      18 NEW Dutch Uncles - Decided Knowledge VIDEO
      More of that bass-driven eighties synth sound. They've sent a puppet to lip-sync their video!

19 18 Bright City - Colour (2 weeks; peak #18)
      20 NEW The Pop Group - Citizen Zombie AUDIO STREAM VIDEO
      Not pop - first album for 35 years for alt band and big hitters in the early days of the Indie (Independent) Charts.

21 13 Bjork - Stonemilker (6 weeks; peak #1)
      22 NEW Purity Ring - Bodyache AUDIO STREAM VIDEO
      23 16 The Prodigy with Martina Topley-Bird - The Day Is My Enemy (5 weeks; peak #9)
      24 17 Monarchy - Dancing In The Corner (6 weeks; peak #8)
      25 15 Ellie Goulding - Love Me Like You Do (8 weeks; peak #4)
      26 19 The War On Drugs - An Ocean In Between The Waves (3 weeks; peak #12)
      27 20 Pussy Riot with Richard Hell, Nick Zinner, Andrew Wyatt, The Jack Wood and Scofferlane - I Can't Breathe (2 weeks; peak #20)
      28 21 Erasure - Sacred (5 weeks; peak #10)
      29 NEW Blancmange - The Fall AUDIO STREAM
      Mark E Smith from The Fall was a key figure in getting Blancmange noticed.

30 22 Meadowlark - Eyes Wide (Dual EP) (3 weeks; peak #14)
      31 NEW Priest - The Game AUDIO STREAM VIDEO
      Formerly X Priest X.

32 23 Sia - Salted Wound (3 weeks; peak #16)
      33 24 LoneLady - Bunkerpop (3 weeks; peak #15)
      34 25 Cherry Ghost - Finally (2 weeks; peak #25)
      35 NEW Kelly Clarkson - Invincible AUDIO STREAM VIDEO
      36 NEW Emile Haynie with Lykke Li and Romy - Come Find Me AUDIO STREAM VIDEO
      Haynie is a producer known for work with Eminem and Lana Del Rey. This is from his first artist album and is the clear highlight of the set. Romy is the singular credit for The XX's Romy Madley Croft.

37 NEW Wolf Alice - Giant Peach LIVE SESSION VIDEO
      38 NEW Jack Garratt - Chemical VIDEO
      39 NEW The Pop Group - Mad Truth VIDEO (flashing imagery)
      Vid directed by Asia Argento (actress and daughter of horror director Dario).

40 26 The Do - Keep Your Lips Sealed (5 weeks; peak #26)
      41 27 Kitten - Like A Stranger (20 weeks; peak #1)
      42 28 Rae Morris - Love Again (4 weeks; peak #27)
      43 29 Swiss Lips - Books (2 weeks; peak #29)
      44 32 Team Me - F Is For Faker (6 weeks; peak #14)
      45 30 Raury - God's Whisper (2 weeks; peak #30)
      46 31 Marina and The Diamonds - Immortal (9 weeks; peak #1)
      47 NEW Seasick Steve - Summertime Boy VIDEO
      48 33 Fiona Grey - Beauty Queen (6 weeks; peak #9)
      49 34 Rene LaVice with Ivy Mairi - The Calling (5 weeks; peak #18)
      50 35 CuckooLander - What's Out There? / Dumb Dee Diddy Dumb / All The Way (CuckooLander EP) (2 weeks; peak #35)
      51 RE Vaults - Poison VIDEO / Vultures / Mend The Love (Vultures EP) (4 weeks; peak #35)
      Their Fifty Shades song was the least impressive thing they've done. This new video makes their EP re-enter (Vultures was once the lead credit here).

52 41 Ed Sheeran and Rudimental - Bloodstream (3 weeks; peak #27)
      53 38 Kid Astray - Taking You With Me / Back To The Ordinary / No Easy Way Out (Back To The Ordinary EP) (3 weeks; peak #22)
      54 NEW Jessie Ware - Meet Me In The Middle VIDEO
      Fifty Shades song now has a video.

55 39 Airling - Wasted Pilots (5 weeks; peak #15)
      56 40 Say Lou Lou - Nothing But A Heartbeat (3 weeks; peak #21)
      57 RE Zella Day - Hypnotic VIDEO / Sweet Ophelia / East Of Eden / Compass (Zella Day EP) (9 weeks; peak #10)
      Another EP re-charts due to a new video - though Hypnotic isn't a patch on Sweet Ophelia as a leader.

58 42 Death Cab For Cutie - Black Sun (5 weeks; peak #28)
      59 43 Charlotte OC - If My House Was Burning (2 weeks; peak #43)
      60 NEW The Wombats - Greek Tragedy VIDEO (violence)
      April Pearson from Skins as a demented stalker!

--------------------------------------------

MY ALBUM CHART MARCH 1st 2015

1 1 Charli XCX - Sucker
      (2 weeks; peak #1) SPOTIFY

*i figured this was more forum-friendly than her BRITs red carpet outfit (cleavage rather than sideboob!)*

2 2 Susanne Sundfor - Ten Love Songs (2 weeks; peak #2)
      3 3 Team Me - Blind As Night (5 weeks; peak #2) 3 WEEKS AT #3!
      4 4 The Do - Shake, Shook, Shaken (3 weeks; peak #1)
      5 NEW The Pop Group - Citizen Zombie SPOTIFY

6 NEW Dutch Uncles - O Shudder SPOTIFY
      7 NEW Little Comets - In Search Of Elusive Little Comets SPOTIFY
      8 NEW Little Comets - Hope Is Just A State Of Mind SPOTIFY
      This group seem to be one of the first beneficiaries of streaming being added to UK album charts as the new self-released album has had a boost during the midweeks. Their debut albums charts one place higher here.

9 7 Team Me - To The Treetops! (5 weeks; peak #3)
      10 8 Kitten - Kitten (17 weeks; peak #1)
      11 9 The War On Drugs - Lost In The Dream (6 weeks; peak #2)
      12 11 Beck - Morning Phase (15 weeks; peak #1)
      13 10 The Unthanks - Mount The Air (3 weeks; peak #5)
      14 NEW Little Comets - Life Is Elsewhere SPOTIFY
      15 5 A Place To Bury Strangers - Transfixiation (2 weeks; peak #5)
      16 NEW The Pop Group - Y SPOTIFY
      1979 debut (the 1980 second album is still out of print). This is a bit too tunefree for me - new album is better though their influence on others is clear - Nick Cave for one.

17 6 Bjork - Vulnicura (6 weeks; peak #1)
      18 NEW Emile Haynie - We Fall SPOTIFY
      Features Lana Del Rey, Brian Wilson, Andrew Wyatt (he gets around!), Rufus Wainwright, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Dev Hynes, Colin Blunstone, Nate Ruess, Sampha, Father John Misty, Randy Newman and the aforementioned Lykke Li and Romy. Worth a listen at least.

19 13 Pushka - Pushka (MA) (3 weeks; peak #8)
      20 12 Ibeyi - Ibeyi (2 weeks; peak #12)

Tony's Charts ft Hits / Albums (15th Feb 20) - Cam, Polly Scattergood, Cerrone, Blanche, Seth Lakeman, La Roux

Comment

• Your write-up for Charli makes me want to check the album out. I just assumed she was another dull disposable fast food pop starlet that UKMix eats up (ala Ariana et al) but the way you described it makes it sound a lot more interesting, and with guests like Weezer and Vampire Weekend members definitely set it apart from your general generic pop starlet that UKMix goes apeish over.
        My top 100 artists (2018 edition)

Comment

• Originally posted by NothingFails
          Your write-up for Charli makes me want to check the album out. I just assumed she was another dull disposable fast food pop starlet that UKMix eats up (ala Ariana et al) but the way you described it makes it sound a lot more interesting, and with guests like Weezer and Vampire Weekend members definitely set it apart from your general generic pop starlet that UKMix goes apeish over.
          Glad to be of help. She started off as indie/alternative and recently was a sort of protegee of Marina (and The Diamonds). The move into blatant pop was only with Boom Clap. She's basically "corrupting" the pop industry from within.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blondini
            Originally posted by NothingFails
            Your write-up for Charli makes me want to check the album out. I just assumed she was another dull disposable fast food pop starlet that UKMix eats up (ala Ariana et al) but the way you described it makes it sound a lot more interesting, and with guests like Weezer and Vampire Weekend members definitely set it apart from your general generic pop starlet that UKMix goes apeish over.
            Glad to be of help. She started off as indie/alternative and recently was a sort of protegee of Marina (and The Diamonds). The move into blatant pop was only with Boom Clap. She's basically "corrupting" the pop industry from within.
            Yea, that all sounds good.

This also sounds worth checking out:

18 NEW Emile Haynie - We Fall SPOTIFY
            Features Lana Del Rey, Brian Wilson, Andrew Wyatt (he gets around!), Rufus Wainwright, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Dev Hynes, Colin Blunstone, Nate Ruess, Sampha, Father John Misty, Randy Newman and the aforementioned Lykke Li and Romy. Worth a listen at least.

That is a hell of a roster

Comment

• Randy, Colin, Brian & Rufus etc...I should listen to that too!
              My tits are made of silicone, just like the Earth and sea...

Comment

• Great debut for Kelly's songs and wow at that Charli pic

Comment

• Regarding your # 1 NEW Spector - All The Sad Young Men VIDEO
                  Originally posted by navi
                  Originally posted by Blondini
                  8. Spector - Never fade away
                  This group had massive music press hype but literally did fade away...
                  Theres still time for them to come back
                  I'm so glad that i was right, great one,
                  obsessed with this lately, as i am obsessed with 6 NEW All Tvvins - Thank You, too
                  and disappointed with 37 NEW Wolf Alice - Giant Peach

Need more time for the Pop group.
                  (You know, by default, i'm against the reunions,
                  what the hell can you say after 30 years, that you didn't said the first time around?)

Comment

• ^They didn't say much given they only had two albums. Re: Spector, nobody even knows they've come back...

Originally posted by Tansike
                    Great debut for Kelly's songs and wow at that Charli pic
                    She wore that suit (i think that's the pic you mean?) on the MTV EMA Awards, - clip here (if it works in your country?).

MY CHART MARCH 8th 2015

1 NEW Meg Myers - Sorry
                    AUDIO STREAM VIDEO

UKMix Sound Of 2015 shortlisted artist releases brand new single. Has an electronic feel not heard on her angst-rock before but is just as stunning.

2 1 Spector - All The Sad Young Men VIDEO (2 weeks; peak #1)
                    Now what's the point in this group returning if radio ignores you? Once regarded as a Next Big Thing but now Radio 1, 2, 6 and XFM are all not bothering to playlist them. :evil: How quick they forget. Even Glasvegas weren't shunned this quickly. Especially odd as it's their most commercial sounding song yet - if it was The Killers it would be playlisted. Zane Lowe had it as a Hottest Record recently before he left for Apple but that didn't help.

3 NEW Marina and The Diamonds - Forget VIDEO

Her album has been brought forward to March 16th because of the leak, which means i'll be getting the CD same week as Bjork's.
                    More great pop and a slinky sexy video (those legs!). I love the way she says "tortoise"! This was briefly #1 on US iTunes yet here she can't get top ten because - RADIO ARE IGNORING HER. :evil:

4 4 Kelly Clarkson - Take You High YOUTUBE AUDIO STREAM VIDEO (2 weeks; peak #4)
                    5 3 Charli XCX - Need Ur Luv (3 weeks; peak #1)
                    6 5 Taylor Swift - Style (8 weeks; peak #1)
                    7 6 All Tvvins - Thank You (2 weeks; peak #6)
                    8 10 Clare Maguire - Boomerang YOUTUBE AUDIO STREAM VIDEO (language) / Don't Mess Me Around / Dream Big / Sherlock (Don't Mess Me Around EP) (7 weeks; peak #3)
                    9 11 Marina and The Diamonds - I'm A Ruin (6 weeks; peak #3)
                    10 NEW Torche - Minions AUDIO STREAM VIDEO
                    Stoner rock / sludge metal. More here and on Albums.

11 2 Charli XCX - Gold Coins (8 weeks; peak #2)
                    12 12 Jessie Ware - Champagne Kisses (6 weeks; peak #2)
                    13 NEW Torche - Restarter AUDIO STREAM VIDEO
                    14 22 Purity Ring - Bodyache (2 weeks; PEAK)
                    15 16 Susanne Sundfor - Delirious (4 weeks; peak #11)
                    16 17 Team Me - Blind As Night / The All Time High (6 weeks; peak #4)
                    17 7 Charli XCX - Breaking Up (14 weeks; peak #5)
                    18 NEW Torche - Undone AUDIO STREAM VIDEO
                    19 18 Dutch Uncles - Decided Knowledge (2 weeks; peak #18)
                    20 9 Charli XCX - London Queen (9 weeks; peak #2)
                    21 19 Bright City - Colour (3 weeks; peak #18)
                    22 20 The Pop Group - Citizen Zombie (2 weeks; peak #20)
                    23 RE Purity Ring - Begin Again (5 weeks; peak #15)
                    24 NEW Clare Maguire - Will You Love Me Tomorrow? / Give Me / House Of The Rising Sun (long version) / My Sweet Lord (Live for Burberry 2 EP) EP STREAM
                    25 13 Charli XCX with Rita Ora - Doing It (9 weeks; peak #5)
                    26 14 Susanne Sundfor - Fade Away (8 weeks; peak #9)
                    27 8 Charli XCX - Boom Clap (25 weeks; peak #1)
                    28 23 The Prodigy with Martina Topley-Bird - The Day Is My Enemy (6 weeks; peak #9)
                    Now Bear Grylls' theme tune as both ITV and Channel Four are using it to trail his shows.

29 24 Monarchy - Dancing In The Corner (7 weeks; peak #8)
                    30 NEW Dorothy's Legs - 4am AUDIO STREAM VIDEO
                    31 26 The War On Drugs - An Ocean In Between The Waves (4 weeks; peak #12)
                    32 27 Pussy Riot with Richard Hell, Nick Zinner, Andrew Wyatt, The Jack Wood and Scofferlane - I Can't Breathe (3 weeks; peak #20)
                    33 28 Erasure - Sacred (6 weeks; peak #10)
                    34 RE Purity Ring - Push Pull (8 weeks; peak #14)
                    35 NEW Electro Velvet - Still In Love VIDEO
                    Just announced - as i was compiling this chart! - as UK's ESC entry - a curious retro-modern track that is great fun and certainly different. Caro Emerald fans would love it though it's getting mixed opinions at this very early stage.

36 21 Bjork - Stonemilker (7 weeks; peak #1)
                    37 25 Ellie Goulding - Love Me Like You Do (9 weeks; peak #4)
                    38 15 Charli XCX - Break The Rules (12 weeks; peak #2)
                    39 30 Meadowlark - Eyes Wide (Dual EP) (4 weeks; peak #14)
                    40 29 Blancmange - The Fall (2 weeks; peak #29)
                    41 31 Priest - The Game (2 weeks; peak #31)
                    42 NEW Laces - Love Me Sober AUDIO STREAM VIDEO
                    Artist formerly known as Charlotte Sometimes.

43 NEW Giant Drag - Garbage Heart VIDEO (language)
                    Loved this duo ten/nine years ago. Was reminded of them by a Charli XCX interview / mix for radio. The second album finally came out in 2013 on Bandcamp only (and with no stream ). Many of the songs had lo-fi videos made by Annie Hardy and this one is the best of those songs.

44 37 Wolf Alice - Giant Peach (2 weeks; peak #37)
                    45 46 Marina and The Diamonds - Immortal (10 weeks; peak #1)
                    46 32 Sia - Salted Wound (4 weeks; peak #16)
                    47 33 LoneLady - Bunkerpop VIDEO (4 weeks; peak #15)
                    48 RE Marina and The Diamonds - Froot LYRIC VIDEO (album version) (12 weeks; peak #5)
                    Third different YouTube upload for the song.

49 35 Kelly Clarkson - Invincible (2 weeks; peak #35)
                    50 NEW 8:58 with Cillian Murphy - The Clock VIDEO
                    Murphy's monologue gets more time (and he appears in the vid) on this second Paul Hartnoll track and first official single. I wish it was as good as 8:58 the track.

-------------------------------------------

MY ALBUM CHART MARCH 8th 2015

1 1 Charli XCX - Sucker
                    SPOTIFY (3 weeks; peak #1) 3 WEEKS AT #1!

2 2 Susanne Sundfor - Ten Love Songs (3 weeks; peak #2)
                    3 NEW Purity Ring - Another Eternity SPOTIFY

4 NEW Torche - Restarter SPOTIFY

5 NEW Torche - Torche SPOTIFY (2007 VERSION - most of)
                    6 NEW Purity Ring - Shrines SPOTIFY
                    7 NEW Torche - Meanderthal SPOTIFY
                    8 3 Team Me - Blind As Night (6 weeks; peak #2)
                    9 NEW Torche - Harmonicraft SPOTIFY
                    10 4 The Do - Shake, Shook, Shaken (4 weeks; peak #1)
                    11 NEW Nikki Jumper - Sinful Youth (MA) STREAM / FREE DOWNLOAD
                    Canadian pop singer who made name as photographer (she did a Fefe Dobson cover). Firecracker is a great moody track and the title track is nice electro / rock throwback.

12 NEW Torche - In Return (MA) SPOTIFY
                    13 NEW Torche - Songs For Singles (MA) SPOTIFY
                    14 5 The Pop Group - Citizen Zombie (2 weeks; peak #5)
                    15 6 Dutch Uncles - O Shudder (2 weeks; peak #6)
                    16 9 Team Me - To The Treetops! (6 weeks; peak #3)
                    17 NEW Kelly Clarkson - Piece By Piece SPOTIFY
                    18 10 Kitten - Kitten (18 weeks; peak #1)
                    19 11 The War On Drugs - Lost In The Dream (7 weeks; peak #2)
                    20 12 Beck - Morning Phase (16 weeks; peak #1)
                    21 8 Little Comets - Hope Is Just A State Of Mind (2 weeks; peak #8)
                    22 NEW Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds - Chasing Yesterday SPOTIFY
                    23 7 Little Comets - In Search Of Elusive Little Comets (2 weeks; peak #7)
                    24 13 The Unthanks - Mount The Air (4 weeks; peak #5)
                    25 15 A Place To Bury Strangers - Transfixiation (3 weeks; peak #5)

Comment

• Turns out Little Comets' odd sales chart boost was to do with an array of physical formats rather than streams - albums with personal signed pop-up covers. It has vanished from any OCC chart this week.

Comment

• I've been stanning hard over the Noel album. Admittedly here he is more of a cult act and not the overexposed icon he is in the UK (I subscribe to NME's daily newsletter and they post about him almost as much as they did Alex Turner last year lol) so it's a bit different in how he's taken here.

I really wanted to like Purity Ring and I checked the album out when it was pre-streaming but couldn't really warm up to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tansike
                          Great debut for Kelly's songs and wow at that Charli pic
                          She wore that suit (i think that's the pic you mean?) on the MTV EMA Awards, - clip here (if it works in your country?).
                          Oh i watched it live and somehow forgot she wore it there. Great, she looks fantastic in it!

Haven't heard Marina's "Forget" yet, but her album is out soon so i'm really excited. So far i liked all of her tracks so i'm sure i'll like that one as well.

Good debut for Kelly's album this week, but after the success of her songs i thought it would get a better debut. It's really good IMO

Comment

• Kelly: i never charted Heartbeat Song. It's too pop-to-order and lacks the personality and identity she used to have (not to mention the rock aspect). Take Me High has none of this but compensates by being a fantastic dance track.

Noel G is a walking cliche and i don't rate him very high but it's better than the first. His early Oasis work is still his best by far (Live Forever / Definitely Maybe).

I don't see how there's that much difference between both Purity Ring albums. They may have more accessible melodies but that never harmed Chvrches. Shrines i'm charting late because it fell outside my streaming window but i always charted the singles.

Comment

• I don't

Comment

3 NEW Marina and The Diamonds - Forget VIDEO I love the way she says "tortoise"!
                                Omg I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds the pronunciation strange
                                *CLICK* - FREE AMAZON/ITUNES VOUCHERS - *CLICK*

Comment

• Originally posted by navi
                                  I don't
                                  For future ref he refers to the week's subtitle "Sorry bit i like UK ESC song". Looks weird and had me puzzled for a minute!
                                  The title was to reference Meg Myers - no comments and attract ESC fans - didn't really work . I have two more ESC (Eurovision Song Contest for the few who still don't know) songs this week.

MY CHART MARCH 15th 2015

1 NEW East India Youth - Carousel
                                  VIDEO

William Boyd is East India Youth. I wasn't fussed on what i heard before but this is stunning. An epic ballad with a soaring keyboard melody reminiscent of Badalamenti or Eno.

2 1 Meg Myers - Sorry AUDIO STREAM VIDEO (2 weeks; peak #1)
                                  3 2 Spector - All The Sad Young Men VIDEO (3 weeks; peak #1)
                                  4 NEW Charli XCX - Famous AUDIO / LIVE VIDEO

Need Ur Luv is removed for now as this has been confirmed as her new single/video. This is a Greg Kurstin tune and is a good halfway point between the bubblegum and indie styles she has.

5 NEW East India Youth - Turn Away AUDIO STREAM VIDEO
                                  A grat track from upcoming album and a synth-pop delight.

6 NEW Bjork - Lionsong VIDEO

Her first full video released to the public for Vulnicura and the central image of the album. More amazing visuals from Inez and Vinoodh.

7 NEW Marina and The Diamonds - Blue AUDIO STREAM VIDEO
                                  This was to be the final "Froot" (grat) until the album was brought forward. I assume there'll still be a video so i'm charting it.

8 3 Marina and The Diamonds - Forget (2 weeks; peak #3)
                                  9 4 Kelly Clarkson - Take You High (3 weeks; peak #4)
                                  10 NEW Blanck Mass - Dead Format AUDIO STREAM VIDEO
                                  The F**k Buttons member who soundtracked the London Olympics returns with a slice of brutality.

11 6 Taylor Swift - Style (9 weeks; peak #1)
                                  12 7 All Tvvins - Thank You (3 weeks; peak #6)
                                  13 9 Marina and The Diamonds - I'm A Ruin (7 weeks; peak #3)
                                  14 10 Torche - Minions (2 weeks; peak #10)
                                  15 NEW Fyfe - Solace VIDEO
                                  UK artist similar to Gotye.

16 12 Jessie Ware - Champagne Kisses (7 weeks; peak #2)
                                  17 NEW Shura - 2Shy AUDIO STREAM VIDEO
                                  18 NEW Ella Henderson - Mirror Man VIDEO

Her first real hit on my chart and largely down to a fantastic video - great effects and a sexy fierce performance.

19 8 Clare Maguire - Boomerang / Don't Mess Me Around / Dream Big / Sherlock (Don't Mess Me Around EP) (8 weeks; peak #3)
                                  20 36 Bjork - Stonemilker (8 weeks; peak #1)
                                  21 13 Torche - Restarter (2 weeks; peak #13)
                                  22 11 Charli XCX - Gold Coins (9 weeks; peak #2)
                                  23 15 Susanne Sundfor - Delirious (5 weeks; peak #11)
                                  24 NEW Blancmange - Paddington VIDEO
                                  First official single from new album has a return to the eastern sound of Living On The Ceiling.

25 14 Purity Ring - Bodyache (3 weeks; peak #14)
                                  26 NEW Death Cab For Cutie - The Ghosts Of Beverly Drive LYRIC VIDEO
                                  27 16 Team Me - Blind As Night / The All Time High (7 weeks; peak #4)
                                  28 NEW Zella Day - Sacrifice AUDIO STREAM VIDEO
                                  Grat from Insurgent soundtrack.

29 17 Charli XCX - Breaking Up (15 weeks; peak #5)
                                  30 NEW Aminata - Love Injected VIDEO (temporary)
                                  Latvia's ESC entry is an unusually brittle dance-flecked ballad that has beats like Jessie Ware backing a power ballad.

31 20 Charli XCX - London Queen (10 weeks; peak #2)
                                  32 RE Laura Welsh - Unravel (7 weeks; peak #17)
                                  33 RE Laura Welsh - Cold Front (6 weeks; peak #14)
                                  34 29 Monarchy - Dancing In The Corner (8 weeks; peak #8)
                                  35 19 Dutch Uncles - Decided Knowledge (3 weeks; peak #18)
                                  36 18 Torche - Undone (2 weeks; peak #18)
                                  37 21 Bright City - Colour (4 weeks; peak #18)
                                  38 NEW Howard Jones - The Human Touch LIVE VIDEO
                                  39 26 Susanne Sundfor - Fade Away (9 weeks; peak #9)
                                  40 NEW Carly Rae Jepsen - I Really Like You VIDEO
                                  Ton Hanks stars in the video.

41 22 The Pop Group - Citizen Zombie (3 weeks; peak #20)
                                  42 28 The Prodigy with Martina Topley-Bird - The Day Is My Enemy (7 weeks; peak #9)
                                  43 23 Purity Ring - Begin Again (6 weeks; peak #15)
                                  44 NEW Robert Plant - Somebody There FAN VIDEO
                                  45 NEW Dancing With Ruby - Tomorrow People / Dance Move Feel / Nightmare (Becoming Undone EP) EP STREAM
                                  Synth duo that began life as Northern Kind - see Album Chart.

46 NEW Maria Olafs - Unbroken VIDEO
                                  Iceland ESC entry - a little cutie.

47 44 Wolf Alice - Giant Peach VIDEO (3 weeks; peak #37)
                                  48 25 Charli XCX with Rita Ora - Doing It (10 weeks; peak #5)
                                  49 24 Clare Maguire - Will You Love Me Tomorrow? / Give Me / House Of The Rising Sun (long version) / My Sweet Lord (Live for Burberry 2 EP) (2 weeks; peak #24)
                                  50 NEW Miranda Lambert - Little Red Wagon VIDEO (language)
                                  In which Miranda explains how hot she is.

51 NEW East India Youth - Hearts That Never AUDIO STREAM
                                  Another grat and more in line with the dance style of the first album.

52 30 Dorothy's Legs - 4am (2 weeks; peak #30)
                                  53 RE Laura Welsh - Ghosts (3 weeks; peak #44)
                                  54 33 Erasure - Sacred (7 weeks; peak #10)
                                  55 31 The War On Drugs - An Ocean In Between The Waves (5 weeks; peak #12)
                                  56 27 Charli XCX - Boom Clap (26 weeks; peak #1)
                                  57 32 Pussy Riot with Richard Hell, Nick Zinner, Andrew Wyatt, The Jack Wood and Scofferlane - I Can't Breathe (4 weeks; peak #20)
                                  58 35 Electro Velvet - Still In Love (2 weeks; peak #35)
                                  59 45 Marina and The Diamonds - Immortal (11 weeks; peak #1)
                                  60 39 Meadowlark - Eyes Wide (Dual EP) (5 weeks; peak #14)

--------------------------------------------------

MY ALBUM CHART MARCH 15th 2015

1 NEW Northern Kind - Fifty Three Degrees North
                                  SPOTIFY

Synth duo that i followed on MySpace years back but never got round to buying. This is the 2007 debut. The female half has now left and Matt has a different woman on vocals - a singer with Electrobelle who charted on my top 40 in 2007. They are performing as Dancing With Ruby. Check out that Yazoo-ish Seen The Light on this debut.

2 1 Charli XCX - Sucker (4 weeks; peak #1)
                                  NOTE: i'm not sure why last week's pic now shows as a TM Racing photo.

3 2 Susanne Sundfor - Ten Love Songs (4 weeks; peak #2)
                                  4 NEW Laura Welsh - Soft Control SPOTIFY

Another "next big thing" that radio has let down - but this time they never even gave the FIRST album a chance! And leaving off Undiscovered as a Fifty Shades exclusive really was not a good idea. :evil:

5 3 Purity Ring - Another Eternity (2 weeks; peak #3)
                                  6 RE Bjork - Vulnicura (7 weeks; peak #1)
                                  I have the Amazon digital AutoRip after pre-ordering the CD digipack. There won't be a stream for some time, it seems.

7 4 Torche - Restarter (2 weeks; peak #4)
                                  8 NEW Monarchy - Around The Sun SPOTIFY

The (hard to find physically) debut by synth duo.

9 NEW Rebecca Ferguson - Lady Sings The Blues SPOTIFY

Out goes the pop and a straight blues / jazz album (Billie Holiday and more are covered) brings out the real Rebecca Ferguson. Now all she should do is channel this into original music.

10 NEW Fyfe - Control SPOTIFY

Half great Gotye-ish alt-pop, half slightly bland. Two "Control" albums in the same week!

11 NEW Northern Kind - Credible Sexy Unit SPOTIFY
                                  12 NEW Monarchy - Abnocto SPOTIFY
                                  The new album.

13 NEW East India Youth - Total Strife Forever SPOTIFY
                                  May have got a Mercury nod and made UK 100 but there's little here on this largely instrumental electronic set that hasn't been done better before.

14 NEW Howard Jones - Engage STREAM
                                  I wanted to check Marc Almond and Jimmy Somerville but neither are on stream yet. This is half great, half dull.

15 5 Torche - Torche (2 weeks; peak #5)
                                  16 NEW Spector - Enjoy It While It Lasts SPOTIFY
                                  The 2012 debut. I charted Grey Shirt and Tie in my top 15 and Celestine in my top 60.

17 8 Team Me - Blind As Night (7 weeks; peak #2)
                                  18 6 Purity Ring - Shrines (2 weeks; peak #6)
                                  19 NEW Northern Kind - Wired SPOTIFY
                                  20 7 Torche - Meanderthal (2 weeks; peak #7)
                                  21 11 Nikki Jumper - Sinful Youth (MA) (2 weeks; peak #11)
                                  22 10 The Do - Shake, Shook, Shaken (5 weeks; peak #1)
                                  23 9 Torche - Harmonicraft (2 weeks; peak #9)
                                  24 14 The Pop Group - Citizen Zombie (3 weeks; peak #5)
                                  25 15 Dutch Uncles - O Shudder (3 weeks; peak #6)
                                  26 16 Team Me - To The Treetops! (7 weeks; peak #3)
                                  27 18 Kitten - Kitten (19 weeks; peak #1)
                                  28 12 Torche - In Return (MA) (2 weeks; peak #12)
                                  29 13 Torche - Songs For Singles (MA) (2 weeks; peak #13)
                                  30 NEW Madonna - Rebel Heart SPOTIFY
                                  Some of it is good, some of it is awful. Not even the involvement of Kanye or Brit girls Delilah and Natalia Kills can stop this feeling tired, hackneyed and out of step. All the self-referencing is boring and laughable (the Natalia co-write Holy Water is the kind of thing N Kills can get away with on her own material because she's budding and a genuine rebel - Madge has long gone past the status of shocking people).

Comment

• [youtube:2u89z9kt]BW3NFKJj5ts[/youtube:2u89z9kt]

Comment

• Some really good debuts this week (Charli, Bj÷rk, Marina and Carly). I still have to check out Bj÷rk's videos for "Vulnicura"

Comment

• East India Youth - CAROUSEL
                                        Atmospheric masterpiece
                                        ... but so gloomy,
                                        that i wanna cut my wrists right now.

Comment

• ^I find it uplifting - that melody line.

Sadly, this new embed feature only lets you post one video per post so only my #1 or the highest new entry each week can be embedded. BUT - i can make individual posts right now with "previews" of this weekend's new entries.
                                          I know they want to encourage talk in threads but Personal Charts are more about sharing than talking.

[youtube:2jj10u3o]KToT4MaglaM[/youtube:2jj10u3o]

Comment

• [youtube:24y0tof7]wk72KxcfJWA[/youtube:24y0tof7]

Comment

• [youtube:52r279rb]HAXvkbOzK6E[/youtube:52r279rb]

Comment

• [youtube:v2sqvxiy]yiqy9_r4ZTI[/youtube:v2sqvxiy]

Comment

• [youtube:3d0976jv]DKlpVZBEOoM[/youtube:3d0976jv]

Comment

• [youtube:36vt9tcp]hzmSotAhLIo[/youtube:36vt9tcp]

Comment

Working...
                                                    X