My Charts - week 13 - Pop revival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tansike
    ^ "Green Lights" instead of "Green Light" - or what do you mean?
    Yeah, that. But it was also meant as a joke (and to prove I actually read it!). Think of someone who just read a technical report about some complicated subject and whose only comment is: "Why is there a double space between the last two words in footnote 42?" I would have found that very funny!

Real comments will be come later!

Comment

• I'm hearing "Disconnect" for the first time, and it sounds so much more Marina and the Diamonds than Clean Bandit. It's not bad on the first listen, but I'll definitely need to revisit it.

Great to see you embracing "Praying" so warmly! Ke$ha's been gone for far too long. :(

Yay, another chart where "Feels" is in the Top 5.

I'm listening to "Sorry Not Sorry" right now...and it sounds so noisy. The good sis Demi needs to be reminded of the unlimited power of MELODY!

1 (NEW) Kesha – Praying
      2 (1) Clean Bandit feat. Marina And The Diamonds – Disconnect
      3 (NEW) Demi Lovato – Sorry Not Sorry
      4 (9) Calvin Harris feat. Pharrell Williams, Katy Perry & Big Sean – Feels
      7 (4) Zedd & Alessia Cara – Stay
      8 (7) Katy Perry feat. Migos – Bon Appétit *G*
      9 (6) Katy Perry feat. Nicki Minaj – Swish Swish *G*
      12 (NEW) Zedd & Liam Payne – Get Low
      13 (14) Halsey – Now Or Never *G*
      14 (10) Lindsey Stirling – Lost Girls *G*
      15 (24) Lorde – Perfect Places
      16 (13) Imagine Dragons – Thunder
      17 (12) Rita Ora – Your Song
      18 (11) Lorde – Green Light
      19 (16) Imagine Dragons – Believer
      20 (15) Selena Gomez – Bad Liar
      21 (18) Bruno Mars – Versace On The Floor
      23 (17) Shania Twain – Life’s About To Get Good
      24 (21) Fifth Harmony feat. Gucci Mane – Down
      27 (23) Camila Cabello – Crying In The Club
      28 (25) Little Mix – Power
      30 (26) Carly Rae Jepsen – Cut To The Feeling
      31 (39) ZZ Ward – Help Me Mama
      33 (28) Charlie Puth – Attention
      34 (40) Lady GaGa – The Cure *G*
      38 (27) David Guetta feat. Justin Bieber – 2U
      Akini's Top 400 Songs of the Decade: [325-321]

Comment

• Originally posted by marat2408
        Good to see Kesha back to music industry, but I don't like her new songs. Nice stability for Clean Bandit, a bit unusual song for them but very well done. And nice debut forr Zedd & Liam Payne, good song.
        Oh, then i hope you will at least like the other songs on "Rainbow". So far i really like both, "Praying" and "Woman", with the latter having a most likely good debut on my charts next week Glad you like "Disconnect" and "Get Low"

Originally posted by Magnus
        Originally posted by Tansike
        Yeah, that. But it was also meant as a joke (and to prove I actually read it!). Think of someone who just read a technical report about some complicated subject and whose only comment is: "Why is there a double space between the last two words in footnote 42?" I would have found that very funny!

Ah okay. I won't edit that though, simply because i hate the 'last edited' thing on the bottom of a post...
        Anyways, when i read your comment, i really was like 'wow, someone read the text ' ... Makes me actually very happy, and, when there would have been a bigger mistake somewhere, i'm always glad to know about it.

Originally posted by JSparksFan
        I'm hearing "Disconnect" for the first time, and it sounds so much more Marina and the Diamonds than Clean Bandit. It's not bad on the first listen, but I'll definitely need to revisit it.

Great to see you embracing "Praying" so warmly! Ke$ha's been gone for far too long. :(

Yay, another chart where "Feels" is in the Top 5.

I'm listening to "Sorry Not Sorry" right now...and it sounds so noisy. The good sis Demi needs to be reminded of the unlimited power of MELODY!

I know, that's probably why Clean Bandit didn't release it for a long time, as they already recorded the song like two years ago iirc. Nice to hear you think it's not bad on first listen, as i really like it at the moment

Yeah, so glad she's finally back, and even with strong material so far

"Feels" is a summer bop Katy's voice is so smooth there.

Oh... i think it's solid enough. Demi can do much better though, and the song will most likely already drop quite a few spots on my charts next week.

Comment

• 26 (NEW) Jennifer Lopez feat. Gente de Zona – Ni tú ni yo
          Chart Run: *26*- / 1w
          It could have been better and more catchy, but even in terms of pop it's mediocre.
          GOLD
          Artsvik – Fly With Me [single]
          That's good, ESC needs to go beyond their time of year
          1 (NEW) Kesha – Praying
          This lacks originality to me, sounds like a pretty generic ballad in fact
          Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

The other song you mean was most likely “Break Free”? It’s actually a cover as she’s currently on a TV show where some singer cover songs from other singers, and they also release them.
            Ahh ok i didn't realise it was a cover. I kept going on YouTube to listen but all videos were either blocked or clickbait where the video is just a screenshot and silence for 3 minutes! :x So i've still not even heard this version of Break free.

What drag queen lyric video? The one with Gretchen? She’s not a drag queen Or do you mean the drag queen live performance on SNL?
            OMG! Complete eyesight FAIL I thought it was a drag queen because i also saw that Saturday night live performance and thought that drag queens was a continued theme in the lyric video. Sorry Gretchen!

Oh then I really hope you will like this. At first I thought it’s not even close to other songs from her like “Homeless” or “Sounds Like Heaven”, but then it still managed to get me every time I listened to it so that’s also why this showed some great longevity on my charts so far, and now I’d even name this as one of the best pop releases of the year so far
            I gave On my own a listen but its not as strong as Homeless. I've still added the song to my list of potential future hits as it might grow on me, but it won't enter my chart tomorrow.

Glad to hear you like that jump It’s also my favorite song of his album, and definitely even one of his best ones ever. Katy’s parts are sooo smooth, she didn’t sound that good for ages
            It seems like Feels has been a big grower on many people which is great to see. I agree as well about Katy Perry's voice it's like a softer tone than how she usually sings but it works so well on the track.

...and now to this weeks chart.

1 (NEW) Kesha – Praying

Amazing new #1 and also one of my most played songs of the week. Expect Kesha to have an equally impressive debut in my chart tomorrow.

I've been reading the comments in the pop forum and this has been slated so bad. The real issue i've had is hearing this song at all as its not on YouTube just a poor quality live performance. Unless they put this on YouTube then there's little chance of this making my chart. Maybe the official music video will change that. I'm surprised they haven't even realised a lyric video. :-?

Another big climb, getting ever closer to #1 Even if Feels peaks at #4, that's still a great result for a song you weren't so keen on three weeks ago.

This is so much better than the rather basic Strip that down. Whilst i do find it disappointing how many artists seem to be copying each others music, i can't deny the beat in this song is quite irresistible and Liam's vocals are good. I still hope that Liam will eventually release a song that has his identity all over it, so that whenever i hear the song i can think to myself "this is Liam Payne" rather than "i can't tell who the singer is, i think its Zayn?"

22 (NEW) Dua Lipa – New Rules

This caught me off guard but i'm enjoying this track so much. Dua is no stranger to my top 5 with Be the one (#3), Hotter than hell (#4) and Scared to be lonely (#1). Now this track looks set for my top 5 tomorrow. I especially love the choreography and cinematography of the music video, its really sold the song to me all week.

26 (NEW) Jennifer Lopez feat. Gente de Zona – Ni tú ni yo

I already like this more than Ain't your mama and its got to #11 in my chart on just three days of airplay. Have to admit i was expecting a really hot sexy music video and whilst J-Lo looks gorgeous in the vid, the whole concept of it being a photoshoot video left me disappointed. I usually find these type of videos look really amateurish. Still, Ni tú ni yo looks set to stabilise nicely in my chart with the possibility of climbing into the top 10.

Comment

• 1 (NEW) Kesha – Praying
              9 (6) Katy Perry feat. Nicki Minaj – Swish Swish
              13 (14) Halsey – Now Or Never
              19 (16) Imagine Dragons – Believer
              32 (29) Noah Cyrus – I’m Stuck
              34 (40) Lady GaGa – The Cure
              39 (NEW) HAIM – Want You Back

Sorry for not commenting for a while. I've been lazy with comments and updating my own chart! Awesome to see Praying at no.1. Love it! I'm praying it becomes a hit. That would be brilliant after all the shit she has been through since her last album!

Love a lot this week like usual! Wait Green Light is still charting? Did it have another surge! Both that and Perfect Places are incredible.

Nice entry for that HAIM song. It's real catchy and gets better each time I hear it!

Well Kesha better enjoy being number 1 because we all know FETISH will be there next week.
              #Pray4AL6

Comment

• Originally posted by Magnus

#Pray4AL6

Comment

• Originally posted by MrRager
                  Well Kesha better enjoy being number 1 because we all know FETISH will be there next week.
                  ** fast forwards to Thursday 20th July 2017 **

Originally posted by future-tansike

1 (3) Demi Lovato – Sorry Not Sorry
                  Chart Run: 3-*1*- / 2w

2 (NEW) Selena Gomez feat. Gucci Mane - Fetish
                  Chart Run: *2*- / 1w
                  MrRager AGOG

Comment

• ^ No way! Even Tansike will realize how bad SNS really is. (Hoping for a surprise #1 by someone I've never heard of.)

Edit: Confirmed fake. The dash between artist and title is too short!

Comment

• Well, currently it looks like the whole Top3 will be new entries, though all of these artists already scored some big(ger) hits on my charts...

Doing some proper replies to everyone's comments later this week

Comment

• Noooooo Jake!! That Demi song is truly disgusting! The worst song since Britneys Private Show!!!! It's just so awful i basically threw up!
                        #Pray4AL6

Comment

Well, currently it looks like the whole Top3 will be new entries, though all of these artists already scored some big(ger) hits on my charts...
                          I'm totally on board with Fetish, its a million times better than Bad liar and could even rival It ain't me as Selena's most successful track in my chart for 2017. That music video is oddly hypnotic.

I'm intrigued by the all new top 3 as i think i know what the second song could be, but not the third. Unless you're including two new songs from the same artist.

Originally posted by MrRager
                          Noooooo Jake!! That Demi song is truly disgusting! The worst song since Britneys Private Show!!!! It's just so awful i basically threw up!
                          Aww no that's dreadful. :( Have you seen your doctor about this condition? Have they prescribed any medication to help with the vomiting?

Comment

• Originally posted by heppolo
                            Chart Run: *26*- / 1w
                            It could have been better and more catchy, but even in terms of pop it's mediocre.
                            Agree about J.Lo's new song, though i think it's actually surprisingly catchy (at least it's been stuck in my head for a short time last week)

Originally posted by heppolo
                            GOLD
                            Artsvik – Fly With Me [single]
                            That's good, ESC needs to go beyond their time of year
                            True. Artsvik also deserved a better placement in the final!

1 (NEW) Kesha – Praying
                            This lacks originality to me, sounds like a pretty generic ballad in fact
                            Aww. Kinda sad you don't like "Praying", hopefully it will be different with her other upcoming songs

Originally posted by JakeP
                            Ahh ok i didn't realise it was a cover. I kept going on YouTube to listen but all videos were either blocked or clickbait where the video is just a screenshot and silence for 3 minutes! :x So i've still not even heard this version of Break free.
                            I also haven’t heard it yet but I guess we won’t miss too much since it’s a cover. But I’m already excited for more original music by her. A shame “Daughter” didn’t do better on the charts :(

OMG! Complete eyesight FAIL I thought it was a drag queen because i also saw that Saturday night live performance and thought that drag queens was a continued theme in the lyric video. Sorry Gretchen!
                            Well to be fair Gretchen looks awful…

I gave On my own a listen but its not as strong as Homeless. I've still added the song to my list of potential future hits as it might grow on me, but it won't enter my chart tomorrow.
                            Glad you checked it out! I thought the same at first, but it got better with time and now I think it’s not even much weaker than “Homeless”.

It seems like Feels has been a big grower on many people which is great to see. I agree as well about Katy Perry's voice it's like a softer tone than how she usually sings but it works so well on the track.
                            True… it also looks like it could be quite a big hit

...and now to this weeks chart.

1 (NEW) Kesha – Praying

Amazing new #1 and also one of my most played songs of the week. Expect Kesha to have an equally impressive debut in my chart tomorrow.
                            After reading that comment a few days ago I somehow already expected it to be your next #1 and my thoughts were correct What an amazing comeback this is!

I've been reading the comments in the pop forum and this has been slated so bad. The real issue i've had is hearing this song at all as its not on YouTube just a poor quality live performance. Unless they put this on YouTube then there's little chance of this making my chart. Maybe the official music video will change that. I'm surprised they haven't even realised a lyric video. :-?
                            Haha yeah. I kinda get the people who are disappointed with this as it’s definitely not as strong as most of her latest lead singles, or even singles overall, but it’s not even that bad IMO. There’ll be a video out soon so you’ll hear it soon I hope

Another big climb, getting ever closer to #1 Even if Feels peaks at #4, that's still a great result for a song you weren't so keen on three weeks ago.
                            Since you already saw my comment about a whole new Top3, it’s probably clear that this won’t get a new peak this week, and I also don’t expect this to go higher than #4 in the future. True though, this was a nice grower, and now I even like every part of the track, even the one by Big Sean.

This is so much better than the rather basic Strip that down. Whilst i do find it disappointing how many artists seem to be copying each others music, i can't deny the beat in this song is quite irresistible and Liam's vocals are good. I still hope that Liam will eventually release a song that has his identity all over it, so that whenever i hear the song i can think to myself "this is Liam Payne" rather than "i can't tell who the singer is, i think its Zayn?"
                            Yas! Happy to hear this, as this seems to get a lot of criticism as well. The chorus is so incredibly catchy, and I really like Liam’s voice. He’s not only sexy by his looks, but also by his voice Well, I think he won’t care about identity as long as he gets hits with it…

This caught me off guard but i'm enjoying this track so much. Dua is no stranger to my top 5 with Be the one (#3), Hotter than hell (#4) and Scared to be lonely (#1). Now this track looks set for my top 5 tomorrow. I especially love the choreography and cinematography of the music video, its really sold the song to me all week.
                            Definitely a great pick for her next single and it could be a nice surprise hit for her as it’s doing quite well for her standards lately. I have to admit that I haven’t seen the video yet…

I already like this more than Ain't your mama and its got to #11 in my chart on just three days of airplay. Have to admit i was expecting a really hot sexy music video and whilst J-Lo looks gorgeous in the vid, the whole concept of it being a photoshoot video left me disappointed. I usually find these type of videos look really amateurish. Still, Ni tú ni yo looks set to stabilise nicely in my chart with the possibility of climbing into the top 10.
                            See Dua, another video I didn’t see yet, though you probably still remember that I don’t watch that many videos… Anyways, the song is nice, nothing too exciting, but somehow better than I expected. Glad she’s got another hit on your charts

Comment

• Originally posted by MrRager

Sorry for not commenting for a while. I've been lazy with comments and updating my own chart! Awesome to see Praying at no.1. Love it! I'm praying it becomes a hit. That would be brilliant after all the shit she has been through since her last album!

Love a lot this week like usual! Wait Green Light is still charting? Did it have another surge! Both that and Perfect Places are incredible.

Nice entry for that HAIM song. It's real catchy and gets better each time I hear it!

No need to apologize! I'm not good at all in doing comments on other personal charts lately so...
                              I'll check out your charts asap
                              Glad you like my latest #1. I hope so too, she would deserve a hit, and the track is also better than expected. It looks good so far.

Haha yes, Lorde's song is still charting, as i got back into the song due to the album which came out not too long ago. "Perfect Places" currently keeps on growing on me as well, so i hope it may be a hit for her...

Nice you like it, unfortunately their album doesn't have a big Impact on me and the song will most likely already leave the Top40 tomorrow...

Well, who knows? The competition is big

I'm intrigued by the all new top 3 as i think i know what the second song could be, but not the third. Unless you're including two new songs from the same artist.
                              Ah i know which one you mean, but no, i won't include two new songs by the same artist. Actually, none of these two songs will debut on my charts tomorrow...

Comment

• Originally posted by Tansike (almost)
                                10 (5) Lena – If I Wasn’t Your Daughter
                                11 (8) Marina Kaye – On My Own *G*
                                18 (11) Lorde – ??????? ????
                                23 (17) Shania Twain – Life’s About To Get Good
                                35 (30) Helene Fischer – Herzbeben
                                Unfortunately these are the only singles on your chart currently that are worth listening to for me, and even some of these aren't that good. The new Shania single for example was a big disappointment, although it's still decent. Nice to see Lena sticking around in the top 10 though, and Carly staying (at least) the same number of weeks in the top 30 as she did on my chart (with a similar peak as well).

There are quite a few songs I haven't checked out, but most of them are by artists that flopped for me before so I'm not sure I'll bother listening to them. I did check out the #1 and #3 but didn't like them. Why is K€sha famous again? Never liked anything she released (although lots I didn't check out). Demi has been a bit hit and miss and this song definitely belongs to the later category.

Comment

True. That spark… wow. I completely forgot how beautiful it is to feel that way. A shame ‘falling in love’ can bring some negative feelings as well, as I’m currently having more of them so I can’t enjoy the positive feelings as much as I wish I could.
                                  Aw :( It's already turned into somewhat of a roller coaster?

**Sigh** If only that Cloud 9 feeling could last 24/7...

Yes they only started working on tuesday, but thank god it’s working now. But I’m still so bored somehow, even though it’s not that different to my ‘previous life’ with my ex, as we never did something and I always had to be on the computer/at the TV as well. Anyways… it’s probably not even THAT bad to live without these stuff for a while. And no, no sexy neighbors here

Not his wife, but his best friend who is living with him. They have a really special ‘relationship’ and even work together, so they see each other the whole time and while my partner is jealous when that best friend is spending time together with his girlfriend, it’s probably also the other way around. Plus they have a rule that none of them can bring a ‘date’ when the other is at home. Though we already ‘broke’ that rule a few times. So yeah. That’s really tough, plus they will both go on a 3-week-vacation VERY soon so I’m actually pissed that I can’t see him more often right now… (like as if he won't have enough time with his best friend during these three weeks...)
                                  Hmmm :-? So this best friend/roommate is straight (or bi?)...yet some of this stuff makes them sound more like a couple than just friends It's certainly an...interesting dynamic for you to have to navigate. Bummer about the vacation too, especially when it's already hard enough to spend quality time with your man! Is it a trip just for the two of them?

Amazing Top5! Mine definitely looks similar, but with “Miss You More” being no contender for a Top5 spot. I also dislike “Power”, don’t even know the latter. I guess it’s one of the bonus tracks?

I guess I need to give “Prism” another chance then as I haven’t heard it for like 2-3 years or so?! I’m still mad at her for never really releasing “Legendary Lovers” and “Walking On Air”, these were awesome. At least the latter was a promo single, better than nothing… but both were too good to not be released as proper singles, especially when something like “Birthday” got released :x

Well I only check that many albums out now, I didn’t do that when OOTB came out. But it's on my list of albums i'll definitely check out one day, simply because i always liked the singles and also liked most of the stuff Katy has released since then.
                                  Glad you approve Yeah, "Dance With The Devil" is one of the Target bonus tracks. I can't find an undoctored version on YouTube (but I don't think you're really missing much anyway...)

Aw, I really like "Birthday", and I think it made sense as a follow-up to "Dark Horse" at the time...but after that under-performed, I have NO idea why they went with the equally-silly-but-way-less-catchy "This Is How We Do" instead of something like WOA or LL.

I hope you can get around to it sometime, but yeah, with so many brand-new albums to always be checking, it's even harder to make time for older ones like that now.

That’s a good point and I also try to do that, but I have to admit that I still have some kind of prejudices when I see someone like this. And I get your bottom (ha! ) line as it’s the exactly same thing with me. I’ve become so close-minded over the last few years, was always complaining about stuff etc. which was also one of the reasons why I broke up with my ex, as I wanted to be me again. I used to be such a kind person, at least that’s what I thought I was and people also told me. I’m slowly getting there, also because I’m trying new things out which I didn’t try out before (and therefor I kinda judged the people who did some stuff simply because I didn’t know about it, and now I want to change that). Same thing with these, let me call them ‘pink handbag’-gays. I never went to a gay bar during my relationship, now I went there a very few times and I’m slowly getting used to it.

Were you a kinder person in the past? Because it also sounds a little bit like that, so you want to be a kinder person. I’m actually surprised you aren’t one, or you think you need to be kinder, as you always seemed very kind to me.

What really? Wow, that’s a huge compliment for me now! I still feel my English is very limited though. The sister in law of my partner just came here from America so I finally have someone to talk English to in real life and I’m actually shocked that I know much fewer words than I thought I would. My pronunciation is bad as well…
                                  It's SO hard to imagine you as close-minded/negative/unkind I guess that means you're more like your true self on UKMIX, at least? I've never been a massive fan of bars either (and I was already in my current relationship when I turned 21, so I've never experienced the bar/club scene while single.) I generally prefer clubs, since I usually want to dance when I'm drinking, and bars are often so loud that it's impossible to just have a conversation anyway.

I try ;) It's a lot like what you described about yourself: I've become increasingly negative, irritable, bitter over the recent years. That's not to say I'm always yelling at everybody, but I'm definitely more quick to anger than I remember being, and I'm almost always complaining/ranting about something trivial in my head (like something someone posted online, or having to dodge a cyclist while I'm walking on the sidewalk, etc) I'm way too much of a grumpy old man for 28 (or any age, really.)

Ooh...already getting close with his family, eh? It makes sense that reading and writing would be easier than having a conversation. You can take as much time as you want with reading/writing, and there's no tricky accents to worry about understanding. I took Spanish classes throughout high school, and although I've lost most of it by now, I have a much better chance of translating something I'm reading than understanding something spoken in real time (especially with the accents that native speakers often have.)

Yes he is and yes it is Though it also makes a lot of things even more complicated Anyways, their “Stay” cover is on youtube, here it is. Now it’s up to you to guess which one of them is mine (probably not too difficult to guess…)
                                  Him being a singer makes things even more complicated? Does he have that many groupies...?

Hmmm...I'm a bit nervous about guessing wrong now Looking at their positions at very start of the video: my first guess would be the guy in the top-left (with the hat.) Second guess would be the guy next to that one, in the middle (with the necklace.) Whichever one you've snagged, they all sound great! ;)

The clip is awful. I mean, is she serious? Like, the song is too good to flop, but it really seems that she’s trying to flop with that album when she does things like this. Anyways, have you seen her performance on The Voice Australia? She slayed it! That’s finally another great performance and I would love if she keeps on promoting “Swish Swish”…

Because it’s officially a single. It was actually funny how they released that remix just when I decided to let the song finally on my charts. But it was just a case of an ‘old’ song which is waiting to enter my charts for ages yet I never let it onto my charts because I always found other tracks more worth an entry. But I gave it a go last week and now it’s back on my playlist, so it will be interesting to see how it will perform…
                                  Ha, well, even though I was complaining about the video, it still ended up helping the song reach No. 1 on my chart I still don't think it's very entertaining in itself, but it did its job of keeping the song on my mind. I haven't seen that performance, so I'll definitely have to give it a look!

What are your thoughts on the "Versace" remix VS the original?

1 (NEW) Kesha – Praying
                                  5 (3) Jax Jones feat. Demi Lovato & Stefflon Don – Instruction
                                  7 (4) Zedd & Alessia Cara – Stay
                                  8 (7) Katy Perry feat. Migos – Bon Appétit *G*
                                  9 (6) Katy Perry feat. Nicki Minaj – Swish Swish *G*
                                  10 (5) Lena – If I Wasn’t Your Daughter
                                  13 (14) Halsey – Now Or Never *G*
                                  14 (10) Lindsey Stirling – Lost Girls *G*
                                  17 (12) Rita Ora – Your Song
                                  21 (18) Bruno Mars – Versace On The Floor
                                  28 (25) Little Mix – Power
                                  29 (20) Calvin Harris feat. Young Thug, Pharrell Williams & Ariana Grande – Heatstroke
                                  33 (28) Charlie Puth – Attention
                                  34 (40) Lady GaGa – The Cure *G*
                                  35 (30) Helene Fischer – Herzbeben
                                  38 (27) David Guetta feat. Justin Bieber – 2U
                                  • "Praying" is such a perfect, powerful return for Kesha, especially given how much we've learned about everything that lead to it. I'll miss her old sound a bit, since I definitely liked her first two albums, but this is still plenty enjoyable and very impactful. I'll absolutely pick up Rainbow next month! I'm surprised by some of her previous chart-toppers (mostly because most of my favorites apparently missed out) How did "Your Love Is My Drug", "Take It Off", and "C'Mon" do here?
                                  • I was curious/excited for new Demi, but the "Sorry Not Sorry" chorus really isn't clicking with me. I can't pinpoint exactly why, but something about the way she sings it comes off more grating than catchy. It might have something to do with the sort-of-soul-sound she was going for...
                                  • On the other end of the spectrum, I've been COMPLETELY hooked on "New Rules" after checking out the video last week! The video is so vibrant and cleverly choreographed (not to mention how gorgeous Dua looks.) The song totally holds its own even without the video, though!
                                  • Speaking of videos, did Helene ever drop one for "Herzbeben"?
                                  • Awesome to see "Want You Back" make an appearance!

Yet another divine chart, Tansike!
                                  last.fm

Comment

• Originally posted by Magnus
                                    Unfortunately these are the only singles on your chart currently that are worth listening to for me, and even some of these aren't that good. The new Shania single for example was a big disappointment, although it's still decent. Nice to see Lena sticking around in the top 10 though, and Carly staying (at least) the same number of weeks in the top 30 as she did on my chart (with a similar peak as well).

There are quite a few songs I haven't checked out, but most of them are by artists that flopped for me before so I'm not sure I'll bother listening to them. I did check out the #1 and #3 but didn't like them. Why is K€sha famous again? Never liked anything she released (although lots I didn't check out). Demi has been a bit hit and miss and this song definitely belongs to the later category.
                                    Why 'unfortunately'? I think that's quite a few, and from what i remember there were already weeks when you liked even less While i like "Life's About To Get Good", i still agree with you as i expected a much better song from her. I'm still very excited that she's finally releasing a new album again after all these years. Do you plan to check the album out as well?
                                    Lena... well, i'm currently getting over "Daughter" a bit so she'll have a not-so-nice drop this week...

Aww sad to hear this, especially about "Praying", since it's different from her usual stuff. Well, she's started as songwriter, and somehow got that record contract As for Demi, many people seem to dislike it, but it's still surprisingly successful in the US right now. Maybe it's a grower for many, including you? I think it's nice, but far from her best...

Comment

• Originally posted by phoenix98
                                      Aw :( It's already turned into somewhat of a roller coaster?

**Sigh** If only that Cloud 9 feeling could last 24/7...
                                      Haha yeah more or less. But that's normal i guess. These 'negative' feelings are nothing too bad if one would look at them from a neutral position...

True! But if it would, it could become boring as well, don't you think so?

Originally posted by phoenix98
                                      Hmmm :-? So this best friend/roommate is straight (or bi?)...yet some of this stuff makes them sound more like a couple than just friends It's certainly an...interesting dynamic for you to have to navigate. Bummer about the vacation too, especially when it's already hard enough to spend quality time with your man! Is it a trip just for the two of them?
                                      He's straight. Yeah it really does, which is adorable on one side, weird on another. But i'm okay with it. The only problem i have is that i want to spend more time with him than i can, so i'm not always in the best mood when he says he wants to spend more time with his best friend cause they are already spending lots of time together. But i should be fine with it, i mean i knew it from the beginning, and they're really sweet with each other. Who wouldn't want a best friend like this? Well in the first week they're doing a surprising appearance on a wedding from one of their friends, the other two weeks they will visit the family of my partner (as he's half Filipino).

Glad you approve Yeah, "Dance With The Devil" is one of the Target bonus tracks. I can't find an undoctored version on YouTube (but I don't think you're really missing much anyway...)

Aw, I really like "Birthday", and I think it made sense as a follow-up to "Dark Horse" at the time...but after that under-performed, I have NO idea why they went with the equally-silly-but-way-less-catchy "This Is How We Do" instead of something like WOA or LL.

I hope you can get around to it sometime, but yeah, with so many brand-new albums to always be checking, it's even harder to make time for older ones like that now.
                                      Ok good to know, so I won’t spend time to search it or so. I usually really dislike these Target releases as it’s hard to find the songs online

Funny I’d prefer “This Is How We Do” over “Birthday” which would be my least favorite single ever by her. But yeah, these two really deserved a single treatment.

True. And if I would have time to check something old out, I usually what to listen to other older albums I’m already familiar with, as I don’t do that too often… (like currently I’m having a Selena Gomez (& The Scene) phase)…

It's SO hard to imagine you as close-minded/negative/unkind I guess that means you're more like your true self on UKMIX, at least? I've never been a massive fan of bars either (and I was already in my current relationship when I turned 21, so I've never experienced the bar/club scene while single.) I generally prefer clubs, since I usually want to dance when I'm drinking, and bars are often so loud that it's impossible to just have a conversation anyway.

I try ;) It's a lot like what you described about yourself: I've become increasingly negative, irritable, bitter over the recent years. That's not to say I'm always yelling at everybody, but I'm definitely more quick to anger than I remember being, and I'm almost always complaining/ranting about something trivial in my head (like something someone posted online, or having to dodge a cyclist while I'm walking on the sidewalk, etc) I'm way too much of a grumpy old man for 28 (or any age, really.)

Ooh...already getting close with his family, eh? It makes sense that reading and writing would be easier than having a conversation. You can take as much time as you want with reading/writing, and there's no tricky accents to worry about understanding. I took Spanish classes throughout high school, and although I've lost most of it by now, I have a much better chance of translating something I'm reading than understanding something spoken in real time (especially with the accents that native speakers often have.)
                                      Thank you! And yes, that’s probably the case. Oh well dancing while drinking sounds fun, my main problem there is that I’m just way too shy to do that when there are many people around me

Really? But then I could ask the same question like you’ve asked me: You’re more like your true self on UKMIX then?! Because I’ve never had the felling you’re negative or so on here, not at all. Then I hope you can change that somehow. It’s most likely just a phase, and things like these can depend on other things as well, like having stress at the job or so.

yes. He already met my dad as well, we’re kinda fast. But we were fast with everything so it’s okay, I guess That’s so true! Like, it actually happens quite a lot that I don’t know a word while writing something on UKMIX, so I can google translate it (or take another translator) and no one knows that I wouldn’t know that word. When I have to talk and I don’t know a word, I have to find another one or try to describe what I want to say. Oh wow, Spanish is a cool language! Are there other languages you’re speaking?

Him being a singer makes things even more complicated? Does he have that many groupies...?

Hmmm...I'm a bit nervous about guessing wrong now Looking at their positions at very start of the video: my first guess would be the guy in the top-left (with the hat.) Second guess would be the guy next to that one, in the middle (with the necklace.) Whichever one you've snagged, they all sound great! ;)
                                      Haha well that's not the problem, the spontaneous schedule it is. Especially because i'm a person who needs to plan stuff like weeks before they happen But hey, that's a great mixture so far. I'm happy when i'm more spontaneous, while he's happy to get more things planned.

It's the other guy with the hat, who sings the chorus (probably obvious now that i mentioned he's half Filipino above...)

Ha, well, even though I was complaining about the video, it still ended up helping the song reach No. 1 on my chart I still don't think it's very entertaining in itself, but it did its job of keeping the song on my mind. I haven't seen that performance, so I'll definitely have to give it a look!

What are your thoughts on the "Versace" remix VS the original?
                                      I know Just made a comment on your charts yesterday... so i think i'm fine with the video if it's helping that much. Here's the performance, if you'd like to watch it. I also liked the SNL performance to be honest...

Oh, i haven't heard the remix yet...

• "Praying" is such a perfect, powerful return for Kesha, especially given how much we've learned about everything that lead to it. I'll miss her old sound a bit, since I definitely liked her first two albums, but this is still plenty enjoyable and very impactful. I'll absolutely pick up Rainbow next month! I'm surprised by some of her previous chart-toppers (mostly because most of my favorites apparently missed out) How did "Your Love Is My Drug", "Take It Off", and "C'Mon" do here?
                                      • I was curious/excited for new Demi, but the "Sorry Not Sorry" chorus really isn't clicking with me. I can't pinpoint exactly why, but something about the way she sings it comes off more grating than catchy. It might have something to do with the sort-of-soul-sound she was going for...
                                      • On the other end of the spectrum, I've been COMPLETELY hooked on "New Rules" after checking out the video last week! The video is so vibrant and cleverly choreographed (not to mention how gorgeous Dua looks.) The song totally holds its own even without the video, though!
                                      • Speaking of videos, did Helene ever drop one for "Herzbeben"?
                                      • Awesome to see "Want You Back" make an appearance!

Yet another divine chart, Tansike!
                                      Yes! Very glad to hear you like “Praying“ and i agree about it being a perfect comeback for her. What do you think about the follow-up, “Woman”? It’s more like her old sound so you may like it… as for the songs you’ve mentioned, “Your Love Is My Drug” peaked at #5 with just 4 weeks on the chart, “Take It Off” peaked at #4 but with 16 weeks on the chart (her second biggest hit on my charts going by points!) while I never really liked “C’mon”… it still was able to debut at #3 but it left the chart after just 5 weeks.

Aww. Demi used to score quite a few hits on your charts, didn’t she? So I hope “Sorry Not Sorry” will grow on you. I liked it more than I thought I would, but it’s definitely not one of her best ones yet…

Haven’t seen the video for “New Rules” yet, but the song was such an obvious single choice. Glad it seems to become a hit for Dua, and glad you like it

No she didn’t :evil:

Nice you like its appearance, though it will be a short one…

Thanks a lot!
                                      And, looking back at it, I didn’t realize how much I was talking about my new partner, so sorry for that

Comment

• thanks so much for all comments

week 29/2017 – 20 july 2017 Fetish for a Woman’s Body

• Singles Top40

In a week with a meager four new arrivals in the whole Top40, it’s quite impressive to see three of them making the Top3. It’s also interesting to see all of them having a song title with just one word, which now means the whole Top7 is full of songs with one single word as song titles.

The one who left the competition behind was obviously Selena Gomez. The singer has released “Fetish” as a new single, the follow-up to “Bad Liar”, and she immediately gets her 12th top hit out of 22 chart entries in total, including her collaborations with Zedd, Charlie Puth, Cashmere Cat and Kygo. Selena now has as many top hits as Lana Del Rey, Miley Cyrus and Tarja, who all are the artists with the third most number ones in their discographies, behind Kerli with 14 #1s and Lady GaGa with 15 #1s. “Fetish” also pushes “Bad Liar”, which continues to have a weird chartrun by climbing 20-10 and also goes Gold this week. Also impressive is the fact that “Fetish” got an incredible 118 plays as of yesterday, which is the second biggest start for a song during 2017 so far. Selena’s closest rival this week just scored a top hit only a week ago as well, as it’s Kesha who already has released the follow-up to “Praying”. The track is called “Woman” and debuts at #2. Last but not least, Loreen fills out the complete new Top3. The Swedish ESC queen from 2012 is back with a song called “Body”, and collects her ninth Top40 entry with it. The singer will finally release her long-awaited new album or EP soon which will be called “Nude”, as the follow-up to “Heal”, which spent an incredible 58 weeks on my album charts back in 2012/2013.

So there’s just one more new entry on the whole charts, and that’s “Don’t Let Me Be Yours” by Zara Larsson, which debuts at #13. “Galway Girl” by Ed Sheeran is the only re-entry, coming back at #32.

Kesha’s “Praying” drops 1-4, followed by Clean Bandit and Marina And The Diamonds’ “Disconnect” (2-5). Katy is decreasing from three Top10 hits to one, as “Bon Appétit” (8-14) and “Swish Swish” (9-16) both leave that part, while her collaboration with Calvin Harris, Pharrell Williams and Big Sean on “Feels” remains strong (4-6). Demi still has two Top10 entries with “Instruction” by Jax Jones (5-7) and her own “Sorry Not Sorry”, which has a better second week than expected (3-8). Last but not least, Tarja has the last Top10 entry with “An Empty Dream” (6-9).

Zedd’s “Stay” may just leave the Top10 (7-12), but he nearly got another one as “Get Low” with Liam Payne is up 12-11. After a good start, Lena has been falling more and more with “If I Wasn’t Your Daughter”, so it’s probably not the biggest surprise to see the track dropping 10-19 now. Apart from all that, there’s not that much going on in the lower half of the charts, which is typical for summer.

Selena Gomez’ “Bad Liar” is the biggest climber while Calvin Harris’ “Heatstroke” drops 29-40 as the biggest loser this week.

1 (NEW) Selena Gomez feat. Gucci Mane – Fetish
                                        Chart Run: *1*- / 1w

2 (NEW) Kesha feat. The Dap-Kings Horns – Woman
                                        Chart Run: *2*- / 1w

3 (NEW) Loreen – Body
                                        Chart Run: *3*- / 1w

4 (1) Kesha – Praying
                                        Chart Run: *1*-4- / 2w

5 (2) Clean Bandit feat. Marina And The Diamonds – Disconnect
                                        Chart Run: 3-*1*-2-5- / 4w

6 (4) Calvin Harris feat. Pharrell Williams, Katy Perry & Big Sean – Feels
                                        Chart Run: 24-21-9-*4*-6- / 5w

7 (5) Jax Jones feat. Demi Lovato & Stefflon Don – Instruction
                                        Chart Run: 7-4-*3*-5-7- / 5w

8 (3) Demi Lovato – Sorry Not Sorry
                                        Chart Run: *3*-8- / 2w

9 (6) Tarja – An Empty Dream
                                        Chart Run: *1*-2-6-9- / 4w

10 (20) Selena Gomez – Bad Liar *G*
                                        Chart Run: 3-8-15-16-*2*-6-15-20-10- / 9w

11 (12) Zedd & Liam Payne – Get Low
                                        Chart Run: 12-*11*- / 2w

12 (7) Zedd & Alessia Cara – Stay
                                        Chart Run: 39-Out-RE 20-12-9-*4*-7-12- / 7w

13 (NEW) Zara Larsson – Don’t Let Me Be Yours
                                        Chart Run: *13*- / 1w

14 (8) Katy Perry feat. Migos – Bon Appétit *G*
                                        Chart Run: 39-*2*-8-13-22-21-11-6-8-7-8-14- / 12w

15 (11) Marina Kaye – On My Own *G*
                                        Chart Run: 8-*5*-6-5-8-10-8-11-15- / 9w

16 (9) Katy Perry feat. Nicki Minaj – Swish Swish *G*
                                        Chart Run: 6-*2*-2-3-5-6-9-16- / 8w

17 (15) Lorde – Perfect Places
                                        Chart Run: 40-Out-RE 24-*15*-17- / 4w

18 (13) Halsey – Now Or Never *G*
                                        Chart Run: 7-*3*-3-8-17-36-Out-RE 9-15-11-13-14-13-18- / 13w

19 (10) Lena – If I Wasn’t Your Daughter
                                        Chart Run: *1*-1-1-2-5-10-19- / 7w

20 (14) Lindsey Stirling – Lost Girls *G*
                                        Chart Run: *1*-2-3-4-4-4-7-10-14-20- / 10w

21 (16) Imagine Dragons – Thunder
                                        Chart Run: 21-36-Out-RE 38-35-15-*13*-16-21- / 8w

22 (21) Bruno Mars – Versace On The Floor
                                        Chart Run: *17*-18-21-22- / 4w

23 (22) Dua Lipa – New Rules
                                        Chart Run: *22*-23- / 2w

24 (19) Imagine Dragons – Believer
                                        Chart Run: *13*-21-29-28-31-32-Out-RE 20-16-19-24- / 10w

25 (17) Rita Ora – Your Song
                                        Chart Run: 17-11-*10*-10-11-12-17-25- / 8w

26 (23) Shania Twain – Life’s About To Get Good
                                        Chart Run: *13*-14-17-23-26- / 5w

27 (18) Lorde – Green Light
                                        Chart Run: *6*-16-37-Out-RE 22-12-11-18-27- / 8w

28 (24) Fifth Harmony feat. Gucci Mane – Down
                                        Chart Run: *13*-14-20-22-21-24-28- / 7w

29 (26) Jennifer Lopez feat. Gente de Zona – Ni tú ni yo
                                        Chart Run: *26*-29- / 2w

30 (31) ZZ Ward – Help Me Mama
                                        Chart Run: 39-31-*30*- / 3w

31 (32) Noah Cyrus – I’m Stuck
                                        Chart Run: 25-18-*17*-21-24-29-32-31- / 8w

32 (RE) Ed Sheeran – Galway Girl
                                        Chart Run: *2*-2-4-8-16-15-24-35-Out-RE 32- / 9w

33 (25) Robin Schulz feat. James Blunt – OK
                                        Chart Run: 30-7-8-*6*-9-16-22-25-33- / 9w

34 (27) Camila Cabello – Crying In The Club
                                        Chart Run: 22-14-*12*-12-15-18-23-27-34- / 9w

35 (30) Carly Rae Jepsen – Cut To The Feeling
                                        Chart Run: *13*-14-13-17-23-26-30-35- / 8w

36 (34) Lady GaGa – The Cure *G*
                                        Chart Run: *1*-1-4-9-10-11-16-22-29-34-37-40-34-36- / 14w

37 (28) Little Mix – Power
                                        Chart Run: 27-*25*-28-37- / 4w

38 (33) Charlie Puth – Attention
                                        Chart Run: 29-Out-RE 27-*25*-29-28-33-38- / 7w

39 (35) Helene Fischer – Herzbeben
                                        Chart Run: *1*-2-5-8-16-26-30-35-39- / 9w

40 (29) Calvin Harris feat. Young Thug, Pharrell Williams & Ariana Grande – Heatstroke
                                        Chart Run: *7*-12-18-23-32-Out-RE 20-29-40- / 8w

Out of Top40
                                        Out (36) Linkin Park feat. Pusha T & Stormzy – Good Goodbye *G* (13w)
                                        Out (37) Artsvik – Fly With Me *G* (11w)
                                        Out (38) David Guetta feat. Justin Bieber – 2U (5w)
                                        Out (39) HAIM – Want You Back (1w)
                                        Out (40) OneRepublic – Truth To Power (2w)

• Album Top20

It’s still summer, so it may be no surprise to see just a single new release making the album charts, which results in a quite boring and very stagnant Top20 this week. Halsey spends a sixth week atop the charts with “hopeless fountain kingdom”, now having the longest running number one album since Nightwish spent ten weeks at number one with “Endless Forms Most Beautiful” during 2015. Imagine Dragons are the unlucky ones, as their “Evolve” remains at #2 for the fourth week in a row, with Coldplay’s “Kaleidoscope” filling out the Top3 as the only debut of the week.

Apart from that, the Top10 has nothing new to offer. Katy Perry’s “Witness” (3-4) and ZZ Ward’s “The Storm” (4-5) both slip one spot each, with the first one going Gold this week. Lorde’s “Melodrama” goes up 7-6, followed by Calvin Harris’ “Funk Wav Bounces Vol. 1” (5-7). And while “All Is Vanity” by Christina Grimmie remains at #8, Anette Olzon’s “Shine” (10-9) and Seven Lions’ “Where I Won’t Be Found” (9-10) switch places with each other.

HAIM’s “Something To Tell You” already leaves the upper half after its debut a week ago, as the set falls 6-11. While Zara Larsson and Ed Sheeran are both back in having an entry on the Singles Top40, their albums remain incredibly stable just outside the Top10, with Zara’s “So Good” holding at #12 and Ed’s “÷” going up 14-13. Following the hype of new single “Fetish”, Selena Gomez returns to the album charts with “Revival” (#15). Next week will see the arrival of Lana Del Rey’s new studio album “Lust For Life”, which could be a big competitor for Halsey’s “hopeless fountain kingdom”.

1 (1) Halsey – hopeless fountain kingdom *G*
                                        Chart Run: *1*-1-2-1-1-1-1- / 7w

2 (2) Imagine Dragons – Evolve
                                        Chart Run: *2*-2-2-2- / 4w

3 (NEW) Coldplay – Kaleidoscope EP

4 (3) Katy Perry – Witness *G*
                                        Chart Run: *2*-3-3-3-3-4- / 6w

5 (4) ZZ Ward – The Storm
                                        Chart Run: 5-*4*-5- / 3w

6 (7) Lorde – Melodrama
                                        Chart Run: *4*-5-7-7-6- / 5w

7 (5) Calvin Harris – Funk Wav Bounces Vol. 1
                                        Chart Run: *4*-5-7- / 3w

8 (8) Christina Grimmie – All Is Vanity
                                        Chart Run: *1*-4-6-8-8- / 5w

9 (10) Anette Olzon – Shine *6xP*
                                        Chart Run: *1*-1-2-1-3-5-7-6-3-4-4-3-4-4-3-1-2-1-3-1-1-2-3-3-1-2-5-7-5-8-11-9-12-11-15-12-9-9-12-15-16-14-13-10-6-8-9-5-4-4-5-3-3-3-2-3-4-6-7-10-10-10-14-15-13-11-12-16-19-17-13-11-14-19-Out-RE 8-4-5-3-5-2-5-4-6-8-13-18-Out-RE 19-Out-RE 17-12-18-Out-RE 20-17-Out-RE 12-14-11-8-7-15-Out-RE 16-Out-RE 10-10-9- / 101w

10 (9) Seven Lions – Where I Won’t Be Found
                                        Chart Run: *9*-10- / 2w

11 (6) HAIM – Something To Tell You
                                        Chart Run: *6*-11- / 2w

12 (12) Zara Larsson – So Good *P*
                                        Chart Run: 2-*1*-1-1-1-4-6-6-9-13-13-12-13-14-11-12-12-12- / 18w

13 (14) Ed Sheeran – ÷ *P*
                                        Chart Run: *1*-4-1-2-3-4-3-5-5-7-8-11-12-13-15-13-13-13-14-13- / 20w

14 (11) Lindsey Stirling – Brave Enough *3xP*
                                        Chart Run: *1*-1-1-3-3-2-6-7-6-9-11-10-8-11-14-9-7-8-14-10-2-2-1-1-4-8-10-7-2-1-4-5-8-13-16-14-12-11-3-8-11-7-11-8-7-8-11-14- / 48w

15 (RE) Selena Gomez – Revival *2xP*
                                        Chart Run: *1*-1-3-6-7-8-11-9-18-11-14-8-4-5-5-6-8-11-14-20-Out-RE 19-13-11-9-11-10-7-3-3-6-10-17-Out-RE 19-16-15-20-Out-RE 17-Out-RE 20-17-Out-RE 16-Out-RE 18-Out-RE 15- / 42w

16 (13) Linkin Park – One More Light *G*
                                        Chart Run: *2*-2-3-3-6-9-9-13-16- / 9w

17 (20) Pentatonix – PTX, Vol. IV – Classics
                                        Chart Run: *6*-12-20-16-10-13-14-17-16-19-17-14-17-20-17- / 15w

18 (16) Lady Antebellum – Heart Break
                                        Chart Run: *7*-10-12-15-16-18- / 6w

19 (19) Dua Lipa – Dua Lipa
                                        Chart Run: *4*-6-9-15-19-19-19- / 7w

20 (18) London Grammar – Truth Is A Beautiful Thing
                                        Chart Run: *8*-12-17-20-18-20- / 6w

Out of Top20
                                        Out (15) Tarja – The Brightest Void *G* (15w)
                                        Out (17) Aura – Can’t Steal The Music *G* (8w)

(sorry for eventual mistakes!)

Comment

• New certifications

GOLD
                                          Selena Gomez – Bad Liar [single]

Katy Perry – Witness [album]

(these certifications were already added to the charts above)

Click here for the Certification Database

Comment

• 3 (NEW) Loreen – Body
                                            That's a high debut, interesting song I should say.

Comment

• Originally posted by heppolo
                                              3 (NEW) Loreen – Body
                                              You don't sound too enthusiastic though? I think it's actually a great song

Comment

3 (NEW) Loreen – Body
                                                You don't sound too enthusiastic though? I think it's actually a great song
                                                It's not an "instant classic", but it has that something that makes it exciting.

Comment

• ^ yes, kinda agree with that. Wasn't impressed at first but now i'm really liking it actually.

Comment

Haha yeah more or less. But that's normal i guess. These 'negative' feelings are nothing too bad if one would look at them from a neutral position...

True! But if it would, it could become boring as well, don't you think so?
                                                    Glad you're taking it all in stride! Being able to take a step back and look at things neutrally can be a real challenge, especially when emotions are involved (perhaps even love...?)

Ha, you might have a point there. On one hand, I don't have much patience for most "drama"...but things do get stale if people are always agreeable, passive. I guess the goal is to keep a little spice without letting it turn into strife.

He's straight. Yeah it really does, which is adorable on one side, weird on another. But i'm okay with it. The only problem i have is that i want to spend more time with him than i can, so i'm not always in the best mood when he says he wants to spend more time with his best friend cause they are already spending lots of time together. But i should be fine with it, i mean i knew it from the beginning, and they're really sweet with each other. Who wouldn't want a best friend like this? Well in the first week they're doing a surprising appearance on a wedding from one of their friends, the other two weeks they will visit the family of my partner (as he's half Filipino).
                                                    I think I hear you. There's no fear of cheating, since this guy is definitely straight - you're just tired of having to share your man so much It does sound like a really deep, beautiful friendship...but it still sucks to feel like a 3rd wheel (especially when you're his actual romantic partner!)

Funny I’d prefer “This Is How We Do” over “Birthday” which would be my least favorite single ever by her. But yeah, these two really deserved a single treatment.

True. And if I would have time to check something old out, I usually what to listen to other older albums I’m already familiar with, as I don’t do that too often… (like currently I’m having a Selena Gomez (& The Scene) phase)…
                                                    Ever? EVER? Worse than "Ur So Gay"? I can't remember how "Rise" did on your chart...

I feel you there. I've been doing that with Kylie this week (especially her Kiss Me Once album.) I usually try not to get too hung up on the idea of certain songs fitting a certain season, but there's something quite summery about a lot of Kylie's catalog. A lot of perfect pool-lounging tunes.

Thank you! And yes, that’s probably the case. Oh well dancing while drinking sounds fun, my main problem there is that I’m just way too shy to do that when there are many people around me

Really? But then I could ask the same question like you’ve asked me: You’re more like your true self on UKMIX then?! Because I’ve never had the felling you’re negative or so on here, not at all. Then I hope you can change that somehow. It’s most likely just a phase, and things like these can depend on other things as well, like having stress at the job or so.

yes. He already met my dad as well, we’re kinda fast. But we were fast with everything so it’s okay, I guess That’s so true! Like, it actually happens quite a lot that I don’t know a word while writing something on UKMIX, so I can google translate it (or take another translator) and no one knows that I wouldn’t know that word. When I have to talk and I don’t know a word, I have to find another one or try to describe what I want to say. Oh wow, Spanish is a cool language! Are there other languages you’re speaking?
                                                    Just sounds like you haven't had enough to drink, then ;) Or maybe they're just not playing the right music...

Thanks. I'm glad to hear I don't come across that way Although I won't lie/pretend if I really don't like a song, I think a place like UKMIX is more fun when you focus on the stuff you DO like (and have in common with others) than trolling the stuff you don't like.

I took one semester of Japanese in college, but I've forgotten about 90% of that (and I wasn't very good at it even back then.) I just know a handful of words/phrases from watching (undubbed) anime.

Haha well that's not the problem, the spontaneous schedule it is. Especially because i'm a person who needs to plan stuff like weeks before they happen But hey, that's a great mixture so far. I'm happy when i'm more spontaneous, while he's happy to get more things planned.

It's the other guy with the hat, who sings the chorus (probably obvious now that i mentioned he's half Filipino above...)
                                                    Aw! So basically, you're already helping each other grow into even better/balanced people? I definitely prefer preparation too, though. Not a big fan of people just dropping by unannounced or changing plans at the last minute.

Ha, whoops Guess I don't know your type as well as I thought Any rate, is there anywhere I could see some pix of you two together? Perhaps you've recorded and uploaded a certain type of video to XTube...?

I know Just made a comment on your charts yesterday... so i think i'm fine with the video if it's helping that much. Here's the performance, if you'd like to watch it. I also liked the SNL performance to be honest...

Oh, i haven't heard the remix yet...
                                                    Ooh...I'm pleasantly surprised by those live vocals during the verses! Granted, I haven't seen many of Katy's performances, but I didn't think she had a particularly strong reputation for her live singing. The dance routine is pretty adorable (especially that crouch-hopping-in-a-circle bit.) Thanks for linking to that!

Speaking of linking...

Yes! Very glad to hear you like “Praying“ and i agree about it being a perfect comeback for her. What do you think about the follow-up, “Woman”? It’s more like her old sound so you may like it… as for the songs you’ve mentioned, “Your Love Is My Drug” peaked at #5 with just 4 weeks on the chart, “Take It Off” peaked at #4 but with 16 weeks on the chart (her second biggest hit on my charts going by points!) while I never really liked “C’mon”… it still was able to debut at #3 but it left the chart after just 5 weeks.
                                                    Ah, so "Take It Off" had one of her best runs despite never reaching the top. That's some pretty good consolation! Poor "C'Mon", though I really love that one! Easily my favorite Warrior single.

Aww. Demi used to score quite a few hits on your charts, didn’t she? So I hope “Sorry Not Sorry” will grow on you. I liked it more than I thought I would, but it’s definitely not one of her best ones yet…
                                                    Yup! She's scored seven Top 10's so far. Her highest-peakers have been "Give Your Heart A Break" and "Body Say" at No. 2, while her longest-lasting hit has been "Really Don't Care" (No. 5 peak, 13 weeks.) I only count the lead acts when it comes to hit tallies, but she was featured on the chart-topping "No Promises" earlier this year.

And, looking back at it, I didn’t realize how much I was talking about my new partner, so sorry for that
                                                    Ha, noooo worries! I'm being totally nosy and asking a lot ;) Thanks for all the thorough responses to all these personal questions!

1 (NEW) Selena Gomez feat. Gucci Mane – Fetish
                                                    2 (NEW) Kesha feat. The Dap-Kings Horns – Woman
                                                    3 (NEW) Loreen – Body
                                                    4 (1) Kesha – Praying
                                                    5 (2) Clean Bandit feat. Marina And The Diamonds – Disconnect
                                                    6 (4) Calvin Harris feat. Pharrell Williams, Katy Perry & Big Sean – Feels
                                                    7 (5) Jax Jones feat. Demi Lovato & Stefflon Don – Instruction
                                                    8 (3) Demi Lovato – Sorry Not Sorry
                                                    10 (20) Selena Gomez – Bad Liar *G*
                                                    11 (12) Zedd & Liam Payne – Get Low
                                                    12 (7) Zedd & Alessia Cara – Stay
                                                    14 (8) Katy Perry feat. Migos – Bon Appétit *G*
                                                    16 (9) Katy Perry feat. Nicki Minaj – Swish Swish *G*
                                                    17 (15) Lorde – Perfect Places
                                                    18 (13) Halsey – Now Or Never *G*
                                                    19 (10) Lena – If I Wasn’t Your Daughter
                                                    20 (14) Lindsey Stirling – Lost Girls *G*
                                                    21 (16) Imagine Dragons – Thunder
                                                    22 (21) Bruno Mars – Versace On The Floor
                                                    23 (22) Dua Lipa – New Rules
                                                    25 (17) Rita Ora – Your Song
                                                    27 (18) Lorde – Green Light
                                                    28 (24) Fifth Harmony feat. Gucci Mane – Down
                                                    32 (RE) Ed Sheeran – Galway Girl
                                                    34 (27) Camila Cabello – Crying In The Club
                                                    35 (30) Carly Rae Jepsen – Cut To The Feeling
                                                    36 (34) Lady GaGa – The Cure *G*
                                                    37 (28) Little Mix – Power
                                                    38 (33) Charlie Puth – Attention
                                                    39 (35) Helene Fischer – Herzbeben
                                                    40 (29) Calvin Harris feat. Young Thug, Pharrell Williams & Ariana Grande – Heatstroke
                                                    • I'm probably in a VERY small minority (or maybe even the only one), but I'm not feeling "Fetish" as much as "Bad Liar" so far I like it enough to keep coming back to it, though, so there's still a chance it could really click with me (and I definitely prefer it to "Sorry Not Sorry", at least...)
                                                    • Ooh...I'm lovin' the diversity that Kesha's serving up between "Prayer" and now "Woman." Definitely has me even more excited for what's in store on Rainbow!
                                                    "If I Wasn't Your Daugher" is falling pretty fast for a multi-week-No. 1, yeah?
                                                    • Since I know you've seen the "New Rules" video now, hopefully it'll help the song reverse course here!

Yet another gratifying chart, Tansike!
                                                    last.fm

Comment

Working...
                                                    X