Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tansike View Post
    Hey Jake!

Ok, first, I agree on Eleni being an ESC staple now. I mean, her short performance on the Final was one of the clear highlights this year and she may end up as yet another Verka, so one of the rare cases when the runner-up will be more known and loved by ESC people than the winner that year.
    Oh totally. I mean even when they introduced Eleni and they played a tiny clip of Fuego, the reaction was electric. It really is going to become a eurovison staple, such a shame Cyprus didn't win because it's now in iconic status. Oddly enough Verka has become something of a eurovision legend and his 2007 entry is just as legendary and in retrospect would've been a far more memorable winner compared to Molitva which doesn't exactly provoke the same type of excitement.

Originally posted by Tansike View Post
    Yes! That's what I'm loving about the ESC! A country where people thought it may be a non-qualifier becomes one of the favorites to win the whole thing. The staging was PERFECT plus Kate seems sooo lovely. Kate can be so proud and Australia should be proud as well - though it's weird how she ended up 9th just like Isaiah
    Gosh i hadn't realised that. That's actually shocking that Kate ended up in the same placing as Isaiah thanks to all the jury drooling for such a painfully bland entry.

You're happy? I wasn't... simply because the song didn't deserve that position. I love Sergey (I'm low-key having a crush on him since the ESC 2016) and his vocals were on point, but the staging was surprisingly weak and the song itself didn't do much compared to some other entries, so going 3rd when he already got the same result with a much better song in 2016 was shocking to me. So we kinda agree on this one
    Ohh no! I should've phrased my comment better. I basically meant i was glad that Russia didn't win considering Russia had been tipped as a potential winner. Scream just never really clicked with me and i still don't think the staging match all the hype beforehand. I still firmly believe You are the only one is the better song and also had the better staging.

Ok, this is too much. Dear Jake, please. You preferred The Common Linnets over "Rise Like A Phoenix" is one thing, but misspelling the one and only Queen of Europe Conchita Wurst? How dare you!
    jk of course... but I'm really surprised to hear that as Conchita's entry has been the most important ESC victory in the last 15 years or so (or since I'm following it) plus it's just so strong in my eyes. The song itself isn't something I put on heavy rotation but based on importance and impact it's definitely the best winner (judged my song alone it would be "Euphoria" <3).

Not by much though, Conchita was my second favourite but there was something really touching about Calm after the storm and it clearly resonated with many people. Euphoria is untouchable when it comes to insanely amazing eurovision winners. It's quite comfortably my favourite winning entry from this decade. <3

Only shows that the current voting system doesn't really work because it can't be the case that very few people from a country have as much power as a whole country.
    Also, with the old voting system, Norway would have won exactly ten years after Alexander Rybak, that would have been wonderful.
    Sorry for cutting this comment down but wanted to emphasise this point about juries. I totally agree with you on this, hence referring to my above comment about Isaiah doing so well thanks purely to jury love when in the televote iirc Australia got the least number of televotes so i'd say the televoting was 100% spot on.

I'm glad he did so well as the Big Five always have it more difficult than the others.
    Italy seems to buck that trend though. They've had a string of top 10 finishes since 2011 when they became part of the big 5.

...and so to this weeks chart.

1 (7) Michela – Chameleon

Great to see that the overall results didn't hinder Michaela's success. It has remained amongst my favourites but as you already know this ended up #6 in my chart but its so unfortunate as it literally could've been #1 in a quiet week without all the other eurovision songs in direct competition.

2 (6) Kate Miller-Heidke – Zero Gravity

I honestly wrote off this song when i first heard it. It didn't connect or resonate with me, and i even found the chorus slightly annoying. Who'd have thought Australia would transform their fortunes. As soon as i watched the semi final performance, everything suddenly clicked and it was as if i hearing the song for the first time in the contest it should've been presented all along. I don't think live final performance had quite the same impact but i think because i already knew what to expect, that element of surprise wasn't there anymore, but kudos to Kate and her team. They truly brought Zero gravity to life. <3 A #5 entry in my chart again in such a competitive field is nothing to snub. Like Michaela, this could've been a #1 without the other competition.

3 (RE) Luca Hänni – She Got Me

Well done Switzerland. It's been a long time coming but you truly deserved to be in the final and 4th is so respectable. <3 Plus it brought Luca HONEY (mmm pure honey ) to my attention and he is just fabulous. Sexual, charismatic and amazing dancer. Thankfully the vocals weren't affected and he totally owned that stage and sold the song perfectly. A #3 in my chart in the end but alas would've definitely been a #1 in a less competitive week.

4 (34) Keiino – Spirit In The Sky

Just like Australia, Norway ended up so much higher with my affections after the semi finals. When i first heard Spirit in the sky i thought it was a great track, just ruined somewhat by the chanting halfway through. Yet by the time the live final rolled round i actually appreciated the Sámi jolk twist on the song. A clever gimmick that got the public to vote for Norway more than any other country. <3

5 (3) Tamta – Replay

It never did live up to Fuego but that was always going to be tough ask. Tamta certainly redeemed herself in the final. I still enjoy the song but for me there were much stronger songs in the final.

6 (29) Duncan Laurence – Arcade

Gosh how tense was that final part of the results when it was the Netherlands vs Sweden. They really did drag out the suspense didn't they? But i was so elated for Duncan when they confirmed he had won. It's been one of my favourites all along. I love how tender and fragile the song is yet its chorus is so powerful and also does dramatic in a complimentary way, rather than Russia's rather cold and calculated way. Plus, the music video is equally simple yet effective, and beautifully shot too. <3

7 (NEW) Chingiz – Truth

Azerbaijan are usually very reliable at sending high quality pop music to eurovision, and Chingiz didn't disappoint. It wasn't a big favourite of mine all along but he really sold the song in the semi final so that's where my appreciation for the track developed.

8 (35) Mahmood – Soldi

*clap clap* Amazing achievement to have a song sang entirely in italian to have such a massive impact. I know Salvador won for Portugal with an entirely portuguese song, but honestly if i had to choose a favourite between these two, i would choose Soldi. The production on the track is so distinctive and sharp and elevates the song perfectly. A very strong #2 in my chart, i know for sure that Mahmood racked up more plays over the last week compared what some of my #1s earlier on in the year received in their respective weeks.

10 (5) Bilal Hassani – Roi

I was expecting Bilal to fare much better in the final but his live vocals on the night weren't really up to scratch and reminded me of an earlier performance i'd watched on YouTube that also hadn't left me convinced.

12 (16) Zena – Like It

Such was the high standard of the live final, it meant some songs didn't make the cut. Zena was one of them who got close to the top 20, just not close enough. It would've been the next highest ranked eurovision song in my top 20 after Katerine Duska. At a guess Like it would've been my #23 or at least just outside the top 20.

16 (26) Sergey Lazarev – Scream

A huge step down compared to the #3 peak of You are the only one in 2016. Scream didn't have much replay value as a song. As i mentioned above, i didn't think the staging was that spectacular in the end so because of all the hype, it washed over me. To reiterate my point, i'm glad Russia didn't win. It would've been the first time since Jamala in 2016 where the winning song failed to make my chart.

18 (NEW) Miki – La venda

Miki was another artist who fell short of my top 20 and would've been not far behind Zena in my order of favourites. Still surprised it fared so badly with the juries though.

19 (12) Hatari – Hatrið mun sigra

A bit like Russia, this just never had any replay value. As a band, i actually found Hatari far more captivating in their interviews than when they perform. There's no doubt though that these guys definitely stood out and i'm sure will be one of the few acts people in general will remember.

24 (NEW) John Lundvik – Too Late For Love

Sweden never fail (or rarely fail ) when it comes to eurovision. It's clear to see that they're really trying to equal Ireland's record of most wins in the competition. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before Sweden send another amazing song that appeals to both juries and televoters.

25 (36) Zala Kralj & Gašper Šantl – Sebi

This is a weird track for me. I love the first minute of the song, but then after the first chorus the song doesn't really change gear or go through some extraordinary twist. As a result, i tend to lose interest and zone out before the song finishes. It just becomes too samey throughout for me to fully enjoy.

27 (NEW) Jonida Maliqi – Ktheju tokës

As far as ethnic eastern eurovision songs go, Albania definitely had one of the strongest and her vocals were pretty much identical to the studio recording. That said, in a field full of amazing songs this ended up getting lost in the crowd for me. It's a good song, but not an exceptional song.

28 (NEW) Nevena Bozovic – Kruna

See Albania but less exceptional.

30 (NEW) Katerine Duska – Better Love

As much as i do love this song, i don't think Katerine did herself any favours in the live final. Her semi final performance was vocally so much better compared to the live final. Whether she was ill i'm unsure because i know people expressed concern when Katerine performed one of these eurovision concerts a few weeks ago and even then her vocals were incredibly weak but supposedly down to illness.

31 (NEW) Tamara Todevska – Proud

Not gonna lie, i really wasn't expecting this to do well with the juries. It's a nice pleasant song and there's no denying she sang her heart out in the semi final. I just wasn't completely won over in the same way i was with Australia for comparisons sake. It did climb up my rankings in the final but in terms of my chart, it was still a fair distance away from even competing for a #20 peak.

40 (NEW) Victor Crone – Storm

"don't you worry, don't you worry child, see heaven's got a place for you".

It is Swedish House Mafia just not as good. I thought his vocals in the semi final were horrific and was shocked when Estonia was one of the qualifiers. At least he improved a lot for the live final but it was too little, too late and Storm remains one of my least listened to songs from this years final.

One to watch

15 (24) Lil Nas X feat. Billy Ray Cyrus – Old Town Road

Usually a music video effect can send a song right up my chart even if its already peaked high beforehand. Had it not been for eurovision, Lil Nas X would've been #2 in my chart this week. Such was the immediate impact from the amazingly funny video for Old town road. It ended up climbing to #8 instead but its effect was totally dwarfed thanks to the power of eurovision.

20 (NEW) OneRepublic – Rescue Me

No doubt this would've entered my chart last week without eurovision but with a chart entry low top 20 so similarly to your chart. However, the music video effect should give the song a nice little boost so is likely to make its debut for me next weekend.

Comment

• 5 out of your top 6 were my favourite Eurovision entries too!
      Ste's Personal Chart 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by crystalphoenix View Post
        Ah, Diablo's a classic series, but I don't know much about The Division All of those games that just seem like nonstop shooting/battlefield chaos blur together for me.

I did decide to step (slightly) outside my game-comfort-zone by giving Undertale a try (since it's available on the Switch), and finished it in about a week (with a little help from some online guides).
        Don’t worry, if it wouldn’t be for my partner then I’d know nothing about Division either as I’m not a fan of these shooting games. Though I have to say that one is actually really well done.

Just googled Undertale as I never heard about it and the pictures look great! I’ll read more into it as it looks like something that I’d have a lot of fun playing it as well

Originally posted by crystalphoenix View Post
        Thanks for asking! The college process/experience definitely varies depending on which one you attend, and might've changed over the past 10-15 years, but I'll try to explain without rambling TOO much! Back when I applied, you had to take at least one big entrance test (there were a couple options depending on where you were applying) and fill out a whole application (which included your grades and at least one essay question). You do have to pay (unless you get a scholarship based on grades, athletic performance, etc), and public schools are generally cheaper than private ones. Most colleges (especially the four-year-ones) have dormitories, but whether or not you HAVE to live in those varies. Mine required you to live on-campus for your first two years (with rare exceptions if you had family living very close). The school makes a little more money that way and it helps you meet/bond with other students (plus you have less of an excuse for skipping classes when you're living right there). People often refer to college as "the best years of your life," and I'd agree with that! You're living "independently" for the first time, surrounded by people your own age, and without all the stress of a full-time-job/adult responsibilities yet.

Aw, sounds like telling your mom was pretty chill/natural! I'd love if someday every parent would react in such a casual way, instead of it being this huge dramatic revelation when someone says "boyfriend" instead of "girlfriend." The person's character should matter, not their gender. For me, it was kind of the opposite scenario to yours, because my mom had one of those "let's sit down and talk" moments with me when I was in middle school, but I wasn't ready to discuss it with family yet (I think that was before I even started telling my friends). It remained understood-but-mostly-unspoken for a while (I was one of those teens who didn't share much with my parents in general), and my mom passed away before I met my current bf. My dad's met him several times now, and it's been chill enough/he accepts it.
        Thanks a lot for explaining it all to me! So it really sounds like I imagined... I would love if they would have the same thing over here. So you have to pay for these four years without a scholarship; is it common to receive a scholarship or is it more a rare thing? Also living on campus is probably a cool thing as you're getting the full college experience that way and you can really concentrate on it, right (in addition to meet/bond with others as you said)? Wow, sounds really cool!
        Another related question: What happens after college? Do you get a full time shop afterwards? Because over here it's like school -> apprenticeship -> full time (normal) job so I wonder if college is basically the time in the US when we would do an apprenticeship over here

Yep, it was. I never realized that she reacted the way someone should until recently - like it's something natural and normal.

Thanks for sharing your story! I feel for you, these feelings are our own feelings and we should share it when we're ready, so having to share it when you weren't ready yet must have been a bad feeling at that point. Also sorry to hear that about your mom I hope things turned out better at some point and it's nice to hear your dad has been chill enough now

Ah, I'd hate that too! Although I'd like to be more flexible/easy-going, I usually get pretty irritated when plans change at the last minute.
        Well, after all the stories I’ve told you, it’s probably easy to guess what or who the reason for these spontaneous changes was… So it wasn’t even something like let’s say school that changed the evening (as I have school on evenings every now and then) or similar stuff what would be a ‘good’ reason for a spontaneous change. In these two cases where I missed to see a concert completely despite having bought tickets it was due to something changing spontaneously even though it was a known thing for certain people for a while yet they didn’t care to tell about that early enough.

Kylie's chart history in the US definitely breaks my heart Thankfully, the US didn't sleep on "Can't Get You Out Of My Head," which was right around when I started buying CDs more often and actively following the current music scene. "Love At First Sight" was also a moderate Hot 100 hit (No. 23), and when I was on vacation in London with my parents (I think it was Spring Break 2003), I noticed that Fever had a different cover than the one I'd seen in the US - so I decided to pick up this "rare" version while I had the opportunity, and instantly fell in love. <3
        Ah, I forgot about “Can’t Get You Out Of My Head” being a hit in the US as well. Good to know the US didn’t sleep on this one at least, as it’s definitely one of her biggest signature hits ever. It’s weird how she never really break through in the US though as she did it in the UK, all over Europe and obviously in Australia/NZ. Sometimes I feel like foreign artists have it very hard to make it through in the US…

Amazing story about “Fever”! I love how some artists did different covers for their releases back then, but that obviously doesn’t work the same way these days…

Nifty! Letting you gawk at D from all over the world (or are you not allowed to include that in your default pic anyway?)
        I’m sorry, but that’s not allowed. But there are some nice bodeeh pics here and there and sometimes some nice profiles lead to even nicer Instagram accounts

Ha, well, I'm kind of OK with that outcome, since it feels like "Poker Face" has become the defining/most-remembered single from The Fame (before "Bad Romance") for most people, but I prefer "Just Dance" and "Paparazzi."
        …so it must be nice to know that “Paparazzi” is the most successful single for the original “The Fame” era followed by “Just Dance”, “LoveGame” being third and “Poker Face” last

Ah, yes! A lot is resting on Dua to break your disappointing-pop-streak with Zara, Ellie, Carly, Ed, etc. (though maybe the release of Dedicated has redeemed Carly a bit?)
        To be fair, Dua has never been on the same level for me as the other girls so I wouldn’t be that disappointed in her new stuff if it’s weak as I was in Zara’s, Carly’s and other cases. As for Carly, yeah, the album redeemed her a bit. It’s actually a great album and I’m enjoying it a lot, but it’s more a body of work for me so far and none of the songs stand out that’s why the album does well on my charts yet none of the singles made it (back).

Yep, agreed! Although I try not to worry much about critics, I was relieved that they didn't tear the movie to shreds (66% on Rotten Tomatoes feels like a triumph, especially for a video game movie). Apparently a sequel is already in the works, but I'm not sure where the story will go after that "twist" ending.
        Yep, it’s actually the best-reviewed video game movie on Rotten Tomatoes, so that’s a real triumph and I’m so glad it’s getting some love from the critics. It’s also a box office success which is very cool! So as a big Pokémon fan you enjoyed it, but what were your thoughts about it overall? Because I loved the animation of the Pokémon, they all looked pretty awesome. But I wasn’t too keen on the storyline.

I had no idea, but that's amazing! If that trend continues, maybe I'll start paying more attention to the competition in the future.
        That would be amazing :cool:

**Fingers crossed** your man can help you see the light You two can start duetting it together! Though who will be Ed and who will be Bieber...?

Eh...it's nice to see a newcomer like Lil Nas X achieve such success, but he'd already been No. 1 on the Hot 100 for four weeks before blocking "ME!," and I think that's plenty of time to shine. The turnover on top would've been SO glorious if he wasn't blocking all of these recent No. 2's: "ME!," then "If I Can't Have You," then "I Don't Care."
        Good question! I guess he’d be Ed while I’d be Bieber

Ok, that’s a good point and that change atop the charts with all of these songs (and artists) would have been way cooler than Lil Nas X spending even more weeks atop the chart. I wonder if he’ll break the all time record when it comes to weeks at number one, “Old Town Road” is so unstoppable right now and has been such a huge hit out of nowhere!

• Ah, so Tamta really benefitted from the timing of the semifinal performances last week, and now Michela has reclaimed her throne.
        • I just checked out "Zero Gravity" yesterday after seeing it enter pretty high on steophonic's chart. Wikipedia mentioned that Kate's "classically trained," and you can certainly hear that on "Zero Gravity." What a voice!
        • I guess neither of us is really loving "Nightmare" Admittedly, I've only given it a couple of listens so far, since I've been much more interested in Dedicated/Carly fever and singles from Madonna, Charli, Ed, etc. Props to Halsey for taking a chance with something like this to follow-up a smash like "Without Me," I guess.
        • Speaking of Charli, looks like "Blame It On Your Love" is another recent bop that has to settle for "Bubbling Under" status here Maybe/hopefully it (and "I Don't Care") will have another chance once Eurovision hype dies down...

Yet another vibrant chart, Tancel!
        Yeah. In lots of weeks I’m usually already compiling my charts earlier in the week (often between Sunday-Tuesday, so it’s ready for Thursday morning to post it) but during ESC week I always wait to compile it until Wednesday, as I know the first Semi-Final already has a huge effect on me and it would be kinda unfortunate if the whole contest has its impact on just one week, that way its first Semi-Final has an impact on one week and the second Semi-Final plus the Grand Final have an effect on another week.

Kate was amazing! Her voice is wonderful and her staging was truly impressive. Glad you checked it out

While it’s the Carly fever and other singles that overshadow “Nightmare” for you, it was obviously the ESC that overshadowed it for me. I’m really enjoying it and I love that direction change for her, so #14 may not be its peak
        But on my way home from work today I just realized that Halsey and Lana Del Rey may be two other cases with 'pop' girls that I love releasing songs that are underwhelming compared to their previous releases...

The Bubbling Under chart really had some great songs lately that would have been an easy entry on the Top40 in most other cases yet it’s so busy lately… anyways, one of them is actually VERY likely to appear on the main chart this week

Thank you so much

Comment

• Originally posted by LOVE+FEAR View Post
          Wow at Malta slaying here!

First I thought you had Germany at #5 and I was like girl ... *speaks in Tatianna* CHOICES

But then I realized sh!!!!!t
          Love "Chameleon" so much, but I have to say I didn't enjoy her performance that much at the Grand Final... thankfully, it didn't destroy the song for me.

Poor Germany. The song isn't even that bad but compared to the other entries it simply wasn't enough to stand out.

Comment

• Originally posted by JakeP View Post
            Oh totally. I mean even when they introduced Eleni and they played a tiny clip of Fuego, the reaction was electric. It really is going to become a eurovison staple, such a shame Cyprus didn't win because it's now in iconic status. Oddly enough Verka has become something of a eurovision legend and his 2007 entry is just as legendary and in retrospect would've been a far more memorable winner compared to Molitva which doesn't exactly provoke the same type of excitement.
            Yeah… I guess winning the ESC may be a great thing but these days it’s even more important who makes the biggest impact, and these things are often a different pair of shoes. Years will show if Netta will be invited as well or if it’s Eleni who gets more invitations… but I can’t remember the last time when the runner-up was still invited for the next contest (except Verka of course) so this was a great sign for Eleni. She really won the hearts of the people.

Originally posted by JakeP View Post
            Gosh i hadn't realised that. That's actually shocking that Kate ended up in the same placing as Isaiah thanks to all the jury drooling for such a painfully bland entry.
            Also kinda funny as Isaiah was pushed a lot by juries and ended up flopping with the public

Ohh no! I should've phrased my comment better. I basically meant i was glad that Russia didn't win considering Russia had been tipped as a potential winner. Scream just never really clicked with me and i still don't think the staging match all the hype beforehand. I still firmly believe You are the only one is the better song and also had the better staging.
            Ah, got it now. And I agree. #3 was still WAY too good for that entry. “You Are The Only One” is much better than “Scream” and still one of the biggest bops of ESC history. And speaking of staging, I still don’t get why that one got so much hype prior the contest because it didn’t look that outstanding at all…

Not by much though, Conchita was my second favourite but there was something really touching about Calm after the storm and it clearly resonated with many people. Euphoria is untouchable when it comes to insanely amazing eurovision winners. It's quite comfortably my favourite winning entry from this decade. <3
            Good to hear Conchita was your runner-up that year and I get your point about “Calm After The Storm”. They also had a fantastic performance and delivered the song so well. Also glad to hear this about “Euphoria” – same here! Unfortunately I feel like we have many different opinions about some winners (Portugal would be at the bottom with me for example )

Sorry for cutting this comment down but wanted to emphasise this point about juries. I totally agree with you on this, hence referring to my above comment about Isaiah doing so well thanks purely to jury love when in the televote iirc Australia got the least number of televotes so i'd say the televoting was 100% spot on.
            True!

Italy seems to buck that trend though. They've had a string of top 10 finishes since 2011 when they became part of the big 5.
            That’s what surprises me the most because I never got into their entries since their comeback, so I never really understood why they’re always so successful, basically no matter what they send. But I feel like Italy is overall more popular among Europe than Germany or the UK?

...and so to this weeks chart.

1 (7) Michela – Chameleon

Great to see that the overall results didn't hinder Michaela's success. It has remained amongst my favourites but as you already know this ended up #6 in my chart but its so unfortunate as it literally could've been #1 in a quiet week without all the other eurovision songs in direct competition.
            Even though her performance was clearly not the best of the evening, the song is still a very strong pop tune so it still made its impact on me during the ESC week. Though it’s expected to fall quite a lot this week so it definitely has peaked for now. I wished Michela would have shown more confidence as she could have had a much better result…

2 (6) Kate Miller-Heidke – Zero Gravity

I honestly wrote off this song when i first heard it. It didn't connect or resonate with me, and i even found the chorus slightly annoying. Who'd have thought Australia would transform their fortunes. As soon as i watched the semi final performance, everything suddenly clicked and it was as if i hearing the song for the first time in the contest it should've been presented all along. I don't think live final performance had quite the same impact but i think because i already knew what to expect, that element of surprise wasn't there anymore, but kudos to Kate and her team. They truly brought Zero gravity to life. <3 A #5 entry in my chart again in such a competitive field is nothing to snub. Like Michaela, this could've been a #1 without the other competition.
            Haha… guess you are not the only one when it comes to “Zero Gravity”! Even though I’d usually love an female-led pop opera track (see Estonia last year, Sweden with Malena Ernman some years ago, or my taste overall with Nightwish / Tarja for example) I still didn’t like this at all at first plus I hated (!) the performance on the Australian pre-selection. So I got why many said this will be the first non-qualifier for Australia. Thankfully, the song has been a huge grower and as you say, the performance / staging was simply incredible during the first Semi. Interestingly, I guess you also are not the only one thinking that it wasn’t as impressive in the Final as it was in the Semi, as she was #1 in the Semi and only ended up 9th in the Final.

3 (RE) Luca Hänni – She Got Me

Well done Switzerland. It's been a long time coming but you truly deserved to be in the final and 4th is so respectable. <3 Plus it brought Luca HONEY (mmm pure honey ) to my attention and he is just fabulous. Sexual, charismatic and amazing dancer. Thankfully the vocals weren't affected and he totally owned that stage and sold the song perfectly. A #3 in my chart in the end but alas would've definitely been a #1 in a less competitive week.
            Yes, our best result since 1993 This has been such a fantastic ride for us and it felt so incredibly good to have people rooting for our ESC entry again and people also being excited about the contest. This didn’t happen for ages over here, in fact everyone always complained about the contest. He also reached #1 on our official charts this week as our first ESC entry doing so since the 70s! I’m glad I’m not the only one who has a little crush on him now as I had one for quite some time now (as he’s overall popular over here).

4 (34) Keiino – Spirit In The Sky

Just like Australia, Norway ended up so much higher with my affections after the semi finals. When i first heard Spirit in the sky i thought it was a great track, just ruined somewhat by the chanting halfway through. Yet by the time the live final rolled round i actually appreciated the Sámi jolk twist on the song. A clever gimmick that got the public to vote for Norway more than any other country. <3
            Agreed on that one. The chanting also wasn’t my favorite part, but it worked so well during their live performances and now I’m also enjoying them when I listen to the studio version. Definitely a deserved #1 by the public vote

5 (3) Tamta – Replay

It never did live up to Fuego but that was always going to be tough ask. Tamta certainly redeemed herself in the final. I still enjoy the song but for me there were much stronger songs in the final.
            Glad you still enjoy “Replay”. It’s such a catchy summer tune that would have done well with me even without the contest, so I’m glad I got to know it through the ESC. I got why it wasn’t more successful there but it still did really well compared to pre-“Fuego” entries by Cyrpus.

6 (29) Duncan Laurence – Arcade

Gosh how tense was that final part of the results when it was the Netherlands vs Sweden. They really did drag out the suspense didn't they? But i was so elated for Duncan when they confirmed he had won. It's been one of my favourites all along. I love how tender and fragile the song is yet its chorus is so powerful and also does dramatic in a complimentary way, rather than Russia's rather cold and calculated way. Plus, the music video is equally simple yet effective, and beautifully shot too. <3
            They did. They repeated how many points Sweden needs like four or five times I have to say once all entries did their performances, the contest really became boring and dragged on for way too long. Anyways, yes, a deserved winner for sure. Glad one of your favorites won and I clearly got into it much more following his Semi Final performance, but it wasn’t until his performance at the Final where I thought for the first time ‘yes, this looks like a winning entry’. So happy for the Netherlands!

7 (NEW) Chingiz – Truth

Azerbaijan are usually very reliable at sending high quality pop music to eurovision, and Chingiz didn't disappoint. It wasn't a big favourite of mine all along but he really sold the song in the semi final so that's where my appreciation for the track developed.
            True… plus he’s cute

8 (35) Mahmood – Soldi

*clap clap* Amazing achievement to have a song sang entirely in italian to have such a massive impact. I know Salvador won for Portugal with an entirely portuguese song, but honestly if i had to choose a favourite between these two, i would choose Soldi. The production on the track is so distinctive and sharp and elevates the song perfectly. A very strong #2 in my chart, i know for sure that Mahmood racked up more plays over the last week compared what some of my #1s earlier on in the year received in their respective weeks.
            Sorry to point this out, but “Soldi” isn’t entirely in Italian but has some lines in Arabic as well – but this makes it even more amazing IMO. Definitely a deserved runner-up this year as he slayed his performance, and the claps were so simple yet so effective! Glad he also made it to #2 on your chart… despite Keiino being the #1 in the televotes, I wouldn’t be surprised if Mahmood will have the most successful song on the charts this year (similar to “Fuego” last year).

10 (5) Bilal Hassani – Roi

I was expecting Bilal to fare much better in the final but his live vocals on the night weren't really up to scratch and reminded me of an earlier performance i'd watched on YouTube that also hadn't left me convinced.
            Did you see his performance during the first Semi Final or didn’t they show it in the UK? Because he sounded much better there and that’s also why I fell in love with it (= #5 re-entry in the previous week). Unfortunately, as you say, he didn’t sound that well in the Final and I felt like he’s sick or simply exhausted. Still a good song with a fantastic message sung by a very charismatic young man.

12 (16) Zena – Like It

Such was the high standard of the live final, it meant some songs didn't make the cut. Zena was one of them who got close to the top 20, just not close enough. It would've been the next highest ranked eurovision song in my top 20 after Katerine Duska. At a guess Like it would've been my #23 or at least just outside the top 20.
            That sounds actually really good as I didn’t expect you to enjoy this one so much. She also didn’t deliver the best performance on the Final (especially compared to her Semi Final performance) but I still thought she did fantastic – also considering she’s only 16 years young! Her energy was insane and the song has been a huge grower for me during the last few days, so it’s even likely to climb further on my charts

16 (26) Sergey Lazarev – Scream

A huge step down compared to the #3 peak of You are the only one in 2016. Scream didn't have much replay value as a song. As i mentioned above, i didn't think the staging was that spectacular in the end so because of all the hype, it washed over me. To reiterate my point, i'm glad Russia didn't win. It would've been the first time since Jamala in 2016 where the winning song failed to make my chart.
            Agree about this as I also wrote on the comment above. #3 is still a big mystery for me to be honest.

18 (NEW) Miki – La venda

Miki was another artist who fell short of my top 20 and would've been not far behind Zena in my order of favourites. Still surprised it fared so badly with the juries though.
            I was shocked how the audience sang along with Miki despite the song being in Spanish, so I thought this may end up as a dark horse. Poor Spain, they deserved a better result with this tune. And Miki is yet another cutie from this year <3

19 (12) Hatari – Hatrið mun sigra

A bit like Russia, this just never had any replay value. As a band, i actually found Hatari far more captivating in their interviews than when they perform. There's no doubt though that these guys definitely stood out and i'm sure will be one of the few acts people in general will remember.
            This could have been a winner a few years ago (remember Lordi in 2007 or Turkey’s Manga coming second in 2010) but they still did really well after all. I see that this is the entry that divided people’s opinions the most this year and it absolutely makes sense. Even I don’t play it that often (hence the ‘lower’ chart position) despite being a fan of these singing styles and that genre overall.

24 (NEW) John Lundvik – Too Late For Love

Sweden never fail (or rarely fail ) when it comes to eurovision. It's clear to see that they're really trying to equal Ireland's record of most wins in the competition. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before Sweden send another amazing song that appeals to both juries and televoters.
            This year was already a step into the right direction when it comes to the televotes but somehow John came across as not that likeable. Maybe it was just me though, but I was so glad Sweden didn’t win and they deserved an even lower result IMO (after the corrections, they’re even above Norway now

The song is solid though.

25 (36) Zala Kralj & Gašper Šantl – Sebi

This is a weird track for me. I love the first minute of the song, but then after the first chorus the song doesn't really change gear or go through some extraordinary twist. As a result, i tend to lose interest and zone out before the song finishes. It just becomes too samey throughout for me to fully enjoy.
            Completely getting your point as I often feel the same while listening to “Sebi”. But that’s the style what seems to be ‘in’ right now, as it slightly reminds me of Billie Eilish or what Lana Del Rey did.

27 (NEW) Jonida Maliqi – Ktheju tokës

As far as ethnic eastern eurovision songs go, Albania definitely had one of the strongest and her vocals were pretty much identical to the studio recording. That said, in a field full of amazing songs this ended up getting lost in the crowd for me. It's a good song, but not an exceptional song.
            I also agree on this one, except that I thought her live vocals were even better than on the studio version. She was one of the – if not THE – best live singer there for me. The song isn’t really my thing but I appreciate that there are still entries like this on the contest and she seems lovely.

28 (NEW) Nevena Bozovic – Kruna

See Albania but less exceptional.
            True… that’s why it’s one spot below Albania for me

30 (NEW) Katerine Duska – Better Love

As much as i do love this song, i don't think Katerine did herself any favours in the live final. Her semi final performance was vocally so much better compared to the live final. Whether she was ill i'm unsure because i know people expressed concern when Katerine performed one of these eurovision concerts a few weeks ago and even then her vocals were incredibly weak but supposedly down to illness.
            Oh, I had no idea about that story prior the contest, so yeah, maybe she was ill (again) during the Final. Fair enough, I’ve never been the biggest fan of “Better Love” so it didn’t bother me that much about her vocals, to me it was a clear ‘filler entry’ so I already saw it somewhere around or below #20 in the Final even before the performance.

31 (NEW) Tamara Todevska – Proud

Not gonna lie, i really wasn't expecting this to do well with the juries. It's a nice pleasant song and there's no denying she sang her heart out in the semi final. I just wasn't completely won over in the same way i was with Australia for comparisons sake. It did climb up my rankings in the final but in terms of my chart, it was still a fair distance away from even competing for a #20 peak.
            Same here! That was shocking and at first I thought it were just the first few juries giving them that many points yet basically all juries showed so much love to North Macedonia this year. It was a good ballad and she has a great voice but Albania and Serbia were better in these cases for me. It’s solid but nothing outstanding, so her public vote made more sense to me than the jury votes.

40 (NEW) Victor Crone – Storm

"don't you worry, don't you worry child, see heaven's got a place for you".

It is Swedish House Mafia just not as good. I thought his vocals in the semi final were horrific and was shocked when Estonia was one of the qualifiers. At least he improved a lot for the live final but it was too little, too late and Storm remains one of my least listened to songs from this years final.

That or Avicii! Ah, same here when it comes to his vocals in the Semi Final. That’s why I was so surprised that he still qualified… but good for him and Estonia. Also one of my least favorite entries in the Final this year, but it’s still okay.

One to watch

15 (24) Lil Nas X feat. Billy Ray Cyrus – Old Town Road

Usually a music video effect can send a song right up my chart even if its already peaked high beforehand. Had it not been for eurovision, Lil Nas X would've been #2 in my chart this week. Such was the immediate impact from the amazingly funny video for Old town road. It ended up climbing to #8 instead but its effect was totally dwarfed thanks to the power of eurovision.
            Fingers crossed that video effect is still going on next week or once the ESC hype dies down, as I’d love to see this climbing up your charts even more. It definitely will do so on mine this week

20 (NEW) OneRepublic – Rescue Me

No doubt this would've entered my chart last week without eurovision but with a chart entry low top 20 so similarly to your chart. However, the music video effect should give the song a nice little boost so is likely to make its debut for me next weekend.
            Glad to hear that! This is finally a good song by them again as I was kinda disappointed in most of their releases since their last album. Will be interesting to see if they’re also getting a hit with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by steophonic View Post
              5 out of your top 6 were my favourite Eurovision entries too!
              That's fantastic!
              I see Keiino is on your latest chart so I wonder what the other four of these five favorites of yours were?

Comment

My Charts - week 22/2019 – 30 may 2019 - Number One with everyone and me

Singles Top40

Spoiler!

1 (4) Keiino – Spirit In The Sky
                Chart Run: 14-22-36-34-4-*1*- / 6w

2 (2) Kate Miller-Heidke – Zero Gravity
                Chart Run: 6-*2*-2- / 3w

3 (NEW) RuPaul feat. A'Keria C. Davenport, Brooke Lynn Hytes, Silky Nutmeg Ganache, Vanessa Vanjie Mateo & Yvie Oddly – Queens Everywhere
                Chart Run: *3*- / 1w

4 (12) Zena – Like It
                Chart Run: 16-12-*4*- / 3w

5 (15) Lil Nas X feat. Billy Ray Cyrus – Old Town Road
                Chart Run: 24-26-31-31-24-15-*5*- / 7w

6 (5) Tamta – Replay *G*
                Chart Run: 17-15-10-18-23-30-31-Out-RE *3*-5-6- / 10w

7 (11) Lana Del Rey – Doin’ Time
                Chart Run: 11-*7*- / 2w

8 (6) Duncan Laurence – Arcade
                Chart Run: 29-40-Out-RE 29-*6*-8- / 5w

9 (1) Michela – Chameleon *G*
                Chart Run: 2-*1*-3-5-7-1-9- / 7w

10 (14) Halsey – Nightmare
                Chart Run: 14-*10*- / 2w

11 (8) Mahmood – Soldi
                Chart Run: 34-40-35-*8*-11- / 5w

12 (7) Chingiz – Truth
                Chart Run: *7*-12- / 2w

13 (NEW) Todrick Hall – Nails, Hair, Hips, Heels
                Chart Run: *13*- / 1w

14 (9) Marina – Superstar
                Chart Run: 2-2-*1*-9-14- / 5w

15 (13) Kygo & Rita Ora – Carry On
                Chart Run: 7-5-8-*2*-13-15- / 6w

16 (3) Luca Hänni – She Got Me
                Chart Run: *3*-5-16-37-Out-RE 3-16- / 6w

17 (17) Ester Peony – On A Sunday
                Chart Run: *17*-17- / 2w

18 (20) OneRepublic – Rescue Me
                Chart Run: 20-*18*- / 2w

19 (10) Bilal Hassani – Roi
                Chart Run: 20-35-Out-RE *5*-10-19- / 5w

20 (18) Miki – La venda
                Chart Run: *18*-20- / 2w

21 (22) Within Temptation – Mad World
                Chart Run: *1*-3-4-6-11-22-21- / 7w

22 (NEW) Ed Sheeran feat. Chance The Rapper & PnB Rock – Cross Me
                Chart Run: *22*- / 1w

23 (16) Sergey Lazarev – Scream
                Chart Run: 30-Out-RE 26-*16*-23- / 4w

24 (NEW) Netta – Nana Banana
                Chart Run: *24*- / 1w

25 (NEW) Ally Brooke feat. A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie – Lips Don’t Lie
                Chart Run: *25*- / 1w

26 (21) Plastique Tiara – Irresistible
                Chart Run: *1*-3-8-21-26- / 5w

27 (19) Hatari – Hatrið mun sigra
                Chart Run: *12*-19-27- / 3w

28 (35) Carousel – That Night
                Chart Run: 35-*28*- / 2w

29 (23) Ciara – Thinkin Bout You
                Chart Run: 39-Out-RE *9*-23-29- / 4w

30 (29) Cellar Darling – Freeze
                Chart Run: *2*-6-9-14-29-30- / 6w

31 (25) Zala Kralj & Gašper Šantl – Sebi
                Chart Run: 36-*25*-31- / 3w

32 (27) Jonida Maliqi – Ktheju tokës
                Chart Run: *27*-32- / 2w

33 (28) Nevena Bozovic – Kruna
                Chart Run: *28*-33- / 2w

34 (31) Tamara Todevska – Proud
                Chart Run: *31*-34- / 2w

35 (33) Lena – Don’t Lie To Me *G*
                Chart Run: 3-3-6-*2*-3-5-10-15-18-33-35- / 11w

36 (32) Blackpink – Kill This Love
                Chart Run: 12-5-*4*-8-12-19-32-36- / 8w

37 (RE) RuPaul feat. Monét X Change, Monique Heart, Naomi Smalls & Trinity The Tuck – Super Queen
                Chart Run: *1*-2-9-18-29-34-Out-RE 37- / 7w

38 (30) Katerine Duska – Better Love
                Chart Run: *30*-38- / 2w

39 (NEW) Ed Sheeran & Justin Bieber – I Don't Care
                Chart Run: *39*- / 1w

40 (24) John Lundvik – Too Late For Love
                Chart Run: *24*-40- / 2w

Out of Top40
                Out (26) Tarja – Dead Promises (3w)
                Out (34) Pápai Joci – Az Én Apám (5w)
                Out (36) David Guetta feat. Anne-Marie – Don’t Leave Me Alone (9w)
                Out (37) Srbuk – Walking Out (1w)
                Out (38) Rudimental & Major Lazer feat. Anne-Marie & Mr Eazi – Let Me Live (4w)
                Out (39) Ashley Tisdale – Love Me & Let Me Go *P* (17w)
                Out (40) Victor Crone – Storm (1w)

New certifications
                “Replay” by Tamta and “Chameleon” by Michela go GOLD (250+ points)

Click here for the Certification Database

Comment

Album Top20

Spoiler!

1 (1) Eurovision Song Contest 2019 *G*
                  Chart Run: *1*-3-5-2-1-1- / 6w

2 (2) Ashley Tisdale – Symptoms
                  Chart Run: *1*-1-2-2- / 4w

3 (NEW) Todrick Hall – Haus Party 1

4 (3) Carly Rae Jepsen – Dedicated
                  Chart Run: *3*-4- / 2w

5 (5) Rammstein – Rammstein
                  Chart Run: *5*-5- / 2w

6 (4) Marina – Love + Fear
                  Chart Run: *1*-2-4-4-6- / 5w

7 (7) Ciara – Beauty Marks
                  Chart Run: *3*-7-7- / 3w

8 (6) Bilal Hassani – Kingdom
                  Chart Run: 12-*6*-8- / 3w

9 (10) Lena – Only Love, L *G*
                  Chart Run: *2*-2-3-6-8-9-10-9- / 8w

10 (11) P!nk – Hurts 2B Human
                  Chart Run: *2*-4-8-11-10- / 5w

11 (8) Aly & AJ – Sanctuary EP
                  Chart Run: *5*-8-11- / 3w

12 (12) Billie Eilish – When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go? *G*
                  Chart Run: *1*-3-3-4-8-9-10-12-12- / 9w

13 (16) Kerli – Shadow Works *G*
                  Chart Run: *1*-1-1-1-2-3-4-5-8-11-14-17-16-13- / 14w

14 (15) Eluveitie – Ategnatos *G*
                  Chart Run: *1*-1-2-7-10-13-15-14- / 8w

15 (13) Various Artists – For The Throne
                  Chart Run: *4*-7-11-13-15- / 5w

16 (RE) Within Temptation – Resist *G*
                  Chart Run: *1*-1-1-3-2-3-4-7-8-11-8-14-17-20-Out-RE 16- / 15w

17 (17) Mrs. Greenbird – Dark Waters
                  Chart Run: *5*-10-13-15-17-17- / 6w

18 (9) Lewis Capaldi – Divinely Uninspired To A Hellish Extent
                  Chart Run: *9*-18- / 2w

19 (19) Lizzo – Cuz I Love U
                  Chart Run: *11*-16-17-16-19-19- / 6w

20 (14) James Bay – Oh My Messy Mind EP
                  Chart Run: *6*-14-20- / 3w

Out of Top20
                  Out (18) Anne-Marie – Speak Your Mind *G* (16w)
                  Out (20) Passenger – Sometimes It’s Something, Sometimes It’s Nothing At All (3w)

New certifications
                  The compilation for the Eurovision Song Contest 2019 and “Ategnatos” by Eluveitie go GOLD (100+ points)

Comment

Bubbling Under

Spoiler!

1 (NEW) Astrid S – The First One
                    Chart Run: *1*- / 1w

2 (NEW) Kygo & Chelsea Cutler – Not Ok
                    Chart Run: *2*- / 1w

3 (1) Ashley Tisdale – Insomnia
                    Chart Run: *1*-1-1-3- / 4w

4 (2) Charli XCX feat. Lizzo – Blame It On Your Love
                    Chart Run: *2*-4- / 2w

5 (3) Jurijus – Run With The Lions
                    Chart Run: *3*-5- / 2w

6 (7) Leonora – Love Is Forever
                    Chart Run: 7-*6*- / 2w

7 (NEW) Conchita Wurst – To The Beat
                    Chart Run: *7*- / 1w

8 (NEW) Mans Zelmerlöw – Fuego
                    Chart Run: *8*- / 1w

9 (4) Anna Odobescu – Stay
                    Chart Run: *4*-9- / 2w

10 (5) S!sters – Sister
                    Chart Run: *5*-10- / 2w

Comment

• Lovely to see the compilation of this year's Eurovision going gold! That's amazing!

I actually came to this thread to see "Soldi" and "Arcade" rise but I got slightly disappointed, haha. Personally, I think that the Top 2 of the contest has never ever been that perfect [I would have loved to see Luca being #3].

Your top 2 looks very "Eurovision-esque" to me. I enjoyed both performances, Australia was visually stunning (but I still dislike the song heavily) and Norway is so random. It's fun and enjoyable but tbh, I'm glad it didn't win.

It's great to see Lena's album holding on so well despite not having reached your #1 spot. I guess that her doing so well on the German chart(s) and releasing new videos/singles does help a bit.

"Dead Promises" surprisingly did flop Oo Does your love for Tarja also come to an "end"?
                      Mainshow Goes Diva: Kylie Minogue

Comment

• 4 (12) Zena – Like It
                        One of my least favourite songs from this year's edition. So repetitive.

I expected more from Netta, this is just bubblegum.
                        Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainshow View Post
                          Lovely to see the compilation of this year's Eurovision going gold! That's amazing!

I actually came to this thread to see "Soldi" and "Arcade" rise but I got slightly disappointed, haha. Personally, I think that the Top 2 of the contest has never ever been that perfect [I would have loved to see Luca being #3].

Your top 2 looks very "Eurovision-esque" to me. I enjoyed both performances, Australia was visually stunning (but I still dislike the song heavily) and Norway is so random. It's fun and enjoyable but tbh, I'm glad it didn't win.

It's great to see Lena's album holding on so well despite not having reached your #1 spot. I guess that her doing so well on the German chart(s) and releasing new videos/singles does help a bit.

"Dead Promises" surprisingly did flop Oo Does your love for Tarja also come to an "end"?
                          Yeah, after all the Eurovision still did its impact on me and I feel like this years edition will end up as one of the most successful ones on my charts

Haha I really enjoy "Soldi" and "Arcade" but there are a few others that I enjoy a lot more. The highlights of this year were really strong to me though, as "Soldi" and "Arcade" could have been clear faves of mine in some other years.

Australia's song was a huge grower for me, now I'm also enjoying it but it really was the breathtaking staging that impressed me the most. Love Norway, would have been a great winner to me

Lena's album is a great pop record and may even end up this year as one of the best pop releases. Strong from start to finish IMO, even though it's obviously not on the same level as "Crystal Sky". So damn happy how well she's doing with it!

Ah... yeah, it looks like I've started to get a bit over Tarja as some of her latest singles didn't do as well as her songs used to do with me. Still looking forward to "In The Raw" as the first singles of her albums ended up as my least favorite songs on the last two albums so there's hope it's similar with "Dead Promises"

Comment

• Originally posted by heppolo View Post
                            4 (12) Zena – Like It
                            One of my least favourite songs from this year's edition. So repetitive.

I expected more from Netta, this is just bubblegum.
                            "Like It" is a bop for me and a huge guilty pleasure. Nothing to take seriously but I'm loving it.

Aw. I'm enjoying "Nana Banana" and it has more substance than "Toy" for sure.

Comment

"Like It" is a bop for me and a huge guilty pleasure. Nothing to take seriously but I'm loving it.

Aw. I'm enjoying "Nana Banana" and it has more substance than "Toy" for sure.
                              "Toy" had more oomph in the chorus, "Nana Banana" is less in-your-face.

Comment

• I'm listening to "Zero Gravity" now. The studio version definitely eclipses her live performance! Good to see "Queens Everywhere" debut so high. I think the verses were pretty solid throughout, but I love Yvie's verse the most (surprise, surprise ) as well as the ad-libs by Silky and Vanjie towards the end. "Nana Banana" is also pretty good!

1 (4) Keiino – Spirit In The Sky
                                2 (2) Kate Miller-Heidke – Zero Gravity
                                3 (NEW) RuPaul feat. A'Keria C. Davenport, Brooke Lynn Hytes, Silky Nutmeg Ganache, Vanessa Vanjie Mateo & Yvie Oddly – Queens Everywhere
                                4 (12) Zena – Like It
                                5 (15) Lil Nas X feat. Billy Ray Cyrus – Old Town Road
                                8 (6) Duncan Laurence – Arcade
                                9 (1) Michela – Chameleon *G*
                                10 (14) Halsey – Nightmare
                                11 (8) Mahmood – Soldi
                                14 (9) Marina – Superstar
                                15 (13) Kygo & Rita Ora – Carry On
                                16 (3) Luca Hänni – She Got Me
                                18 (20) OneRepublic – Rescue Me
                                20 (18) Miki – La venda
                                23 (16) Sergey Lazarev – Scream
                                37 (RE) RuPaul feat. Monét X Change, Monique Heart, Naomi Smalls & Trinity The Tuck – Super Queen
                                40 (24) John Lundvik – Too Late For Love

Don't worry, that chart only showed the impact of the first Semi Final and me listening to some entries prior the contest. Sweden will debut on tomorrow's update
                                Glad you're enjoying quite a few entries on the Top40
                                24-40 isn't looking like the hottest chart run ever, but it's something at least!

Oh, that's good to know! I liked both as well and "Froot" is also one of my clear faves from Marina, though I probably prefer "Living Dead" and "Power & Control" from "Electra Heart" more.
                                Hmm...I hardly remember what those two sound like. I need to revisit them.

Same! The album as a whole turned out better than expected, but there's still a clear standout missing for me. I was hoping for another "Run Away With Me"...
                                Yeah, unfortunately, there's no "Run Away with Me", but "Right Words, Wrong Time" isn't terribly far off, I think.

Well, she made it to the Final, that's better than nothing
                                Plus she lacked stage presence, she seemed way too nervous.
                                Agreed!

Sounds great! Glad it finally grew on you... it's probably my most favorite song by Ariana to date now
                                Wow, that's a big honour!
                                Akini's Top 400 Songs of the Decade: [305-301]

Comment

• I just noticed a big mistake on my latest Singles Top40 as two positions (#22 and #39) are actually missing!

As mentioned in the text, these are the following two new entries:

22 (NEW) Ed Sheeran feat. Chance The Rapper & PnB Rock – Cross Me
                                  Chart Run: *22*- / 1w

39 (NEW) Ed Sheeran & Justin Bieber – I Don't Care
                                  I'm adding them to the chart above now as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
                                    I'm listening to "Zero Gravity" now. The studio version definitely eclipses her live performance! Good to see "Queens Everywhere" debut so high. I think the verses were pretty solid throughout, but I love Yvie's verse the most (surprise, surprise ) as well as the ad-libs by Silky and Vanjie towards the end. "Nana Banana" is also pretty good!

Oh, so you actually enjoy the studio version more than the live performance? Took me a while to get into “Queens Everywhere” but I got there! Agreed about Yvie’s part being the clear highlight, though I also love Vanjie’s parts. I would live for a Vanjie/Yvie-only version to be honest

Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
                                    24-40 isn't looking like the hottest chart run ever, but it's something at least!
                                    True. I liked his performance during the Final a lot but somehow the studio version doesn’t give me the same feelings as his performance did, that’s why he’s not doing better.

Hmm...I hardly remember what those two sound like. I need to revisit them.
                                    I’m sure (or I hope) you will enjoy them

Yeah, unfortunately, there's no "Run Away with Me", but "Right Words, Wrong Time" isn't terribly far off, I think.
                                    Despite having listened to the album a few times already, I don’t have that song in my mind right now. Guess I need to dive into the whole album better than I did so far…

Comment

Yeah, after all the Eurovision still did its impact on me and I feel like this years edition will end up as one of the most successful ones on my charts

Haha I really enjoy "Soldi" and "Arcade" but there are a few others that I enjoy a lot more. The highlights of this year were really strong to me though, as "Soldi" and "Arcade" could have been clear faves of mine in some other years.

Australia's song was a huge grower for me, now I'm also enjoying it but it really was the breathtaking staging that impressed me the most. Love Norway, would have been a great winner to me

Lena's album is a great pop record and may even end up this year as one of the best pop releases. Strong from start to finish IMO, even though it's obviously not on the same level as "Crystal Sky". So damn happy how well she's doing with it!

Ah... yeah, it looks like I've started to get a bit over Tarja as some of her latest singles didn't do as well as her songs used to do with me. Still looking forward to "In The Raw" as the first singles of her albums ended up as my least favorite songs on the last two albums so there's hope it's similar with "Dead Promises"
                                      It somehow makes sense, though, since Luca Hänni did slay and brought the best result for Switzerland/your country in your life (so far)... I can still remember how much I did love 2010 due to Lena's victory [and it's still one of my favourite years].

After you being not so keen on the entries before the actual contest, it's really great to read that so many songs have grown on you! ;)

Lena's album doesn't have instant favourites like Crystal Sky but as a whole, I think it's a pretty good and cohesive record. Maybe it will have some longevity.

Btw, have you noticed that Tarja's "dead Promises" will be a feature on the album? xD

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainshow View Post
                                        It somehow makes sense, though, since Luca Hänni did slay and brought the best result for Switzerland/your country in your life (so far)... I can still remember how much I did love 2010 due to Lena's victory [and it's still one of my favourite years].

After you being not so keen on the entries before the actual contest, it's really great to read that so many songs have grown on you! ;)

Lena's album doesn't have instant favourites like Crystal Sky but as a whole, I think it's a pretty good and cohesive record. Maybe it will have some longevity.

Btw, have you noticed that Tarja's "dead Promises" will be a feature on the album? xD
                                        True. It really was such a different feeling this year compared to all previous years I've witnessed. People finally were into the contest again and also rooting for our own entry, which is weird as it was the first time in years we didn't choose our entry by ourselfs

Agreed about Lena's album. The highlight's aren't as strong as on "Crystal Sky" but it's still a great record as a whole.

What do you mean about "Dead Promises" being a feature on the album?

Comment

• Sry on the run but you can listen to the studio version which is a feature on FB (a snippet):
                                          The album version of “Dead Promises” came to life with the help of none other but Björn “Speed” Strid of Soilwork! The song gets an all new twist from his fantastic vocals.

Pre-order “In The Raw”, out August 30th: https://tarja-intheraw.com/
                                          Listen to the single version of “Dead Promises”: https://tarja.lnk.to/DeadPromises

Comment

• [MENTION=32891]Mainshow[/MENTION]

Thanks! I just saw it on Facebook during my lunch break today but I really don't like that duet version based on that snippet

Comment

My Charts - week 23/2019 – 6 june 2019 - Miley got the power

Singles Top40

Spoiler!

1 (NEW) Miley Cyrus – Mother’s Daughter

2 (1) Keiino – Spirit In The Sky
                                              Chart Run: 14-22-36-34-4-*1*-2- / 7w

3 (NEW) Katy Perry – Never Really Over

4 (7) Lana Del Rey – Doin’ Time
                                              Chart Run: 11-7-*4*- / 3w

5 (13) Todrick Hall – Nails, Hair, Hips, Heels
                                              Chart Run: 13-*5*- / 2w

6 (2) Kate Miller-Heidke – Zero Gravity
                                              Chart Run: 6-*2*-2-6- / 4w

7 (4) Zena – Like It
                                              Chart Run: 16-12-*4*-7- / 4w

8 (5) Lil Nas X feat. Billy Ray Cyrus – Old Town Road
                                              Chart Run: 24-26-31-31-24-15-*5*-8- / 8w

9 (3) RuPaul feat. A'Keria C. Davenport, Brooke Lynn Hytes, Silky Nutmeg Ganache, Vanessa Vanjie Mateo & Yvie Oddly – Queens Everywhere
                                              Chart Run: *3*-9- / 2w

10 (6) Tamta – Replay *G*
                                              Chart Run: 17-15-10-18-23-30-31-Out-RE *3*-5-6-10- / 11w

11 (8) Duncan Laurence – Arcade
                                              Chart Run: 29-40-Out-RE 29-*6*-8-11- / 6w

12 (NEW) The Chainsmokers & Bebe Rexha – Call You Mine
                                              Chart Run: *12*- / 1w

13 (NEW) Rammstein – Ausländer

14 (9) Michela – Chameleon *G*
                                              Chart Run: 2-*1*-3-5-7-1-9-14- / 8w

15 (14) Marina – Superstar
                                              Chart Run: 2-2-*1*-9-14-15- / 6w

16 (11) Mahmood – Soldi
                                              Chart Run: 34-40-35-*8*-11-16- / 6w

17 (10) Halsey – Nightmare
                                              Chart Run: 14-*10*-17- / 3w

18 (15) Kygo & Rita Ora – Carry On
                                              Chart Run: 7-5-8-*2*-13-15-18- / 7w

19 (17) Ester Peony – On A Sunday
                                              Chart Run: *17*-17-19- / 3w

21 (18) OneRepublic – Rescue Me
                                              Chart Run: 20-*18*-21- / 3w

20 (22) Ed Sheeran feat. Chance The Rapper & PnB Rock – Cross Me
                                              Chart Run: 22-*20*- / 2w

22 (21) Within Temptation – Mad World
                                              Chart Run: *1*-3-4-6-11-22-21-22- / 8w

23 (20) Miki – La venda
                                              Chart Run: *18*-20-23- / 3w

24 (24) Netta – Nana Banana
                                              Chart Run: *24*-24- / 2w

25 (12) Chingiz – Truth
                                              Chart Run: *7*-12-25- / 3w

26 (19) Bilal Hassani – Roi
                                              Chart Run: 20-35-Out-RE *5*-10-19-26- / 6w

27 (26) Plastique Tiara – Irresistible
                                              Chart Run: *1*-3-8-21-26-27- / 6w

28 (25) Ally Brooke feat. A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie – Lips Don’t Lie
                                              Chart Run: *25*-28- / 2w

29 (NEW) Cardi B – Press
                                              Chart Run: *29*- / 1w

30 (16) Luca Hänni – She Got Me
                                              Chart Run: *3*-5-16-37-Out-RE 3-16-30- / 7w

31 (39) Ed Sheeran & Justin Bieber – I Don't Care
                                              Chart Run: 39-*31*- / 2w

32 (28) Carousel – That Night
                                              Chart Run: 35-*28*-32- / 3w

33 (30) Cellar Darling – Freeze
                                              Chart Run: *2*-6-9-14-29-30-33- / 7w

34 (NEW) Astrid S – The First One
                                              Chart Run: *34*- / 1w

35 (32) Jonida Maliqi – Ktheju tokës
                                              Chart Run: *27*-32-35- / 3w

36 (37) RuPaul feat. Monét X Change, Monique Heart, Naomi Smalls & Trinity The Tuck – Super Queen
                                              Chart Run: *1*-2-9-18-29-34-Out-RE 37-36- / 8w

37 (RE) Rammstein – Deutschland
                                              Chart Run: *5*-8-16-13-30-Out-RE 37- / 6w

38 (33) Nevena Bozovic – Kruna
                                              Chart Run: *28*-33-38- / 3w

39 (NEW) Kygo & Chelsea Cutler – Not Ok

40 (36) Blackpink – Kill This Love
                                              Chart Run: 12-5-*4*-8-12-19-32-36-40- / 9w

Out of Top40
                                              Out (23) Sergey Lazarev – Scream (4w)
                                              Out (27) Hatari – Hatrið mun sigra (3w)
                                              Out (29) Ciara – Thinkin Bout You (4w)
                                              Out (31) Zala Kralj & Gašper Šantl – Sebi (3w)
                                              Out (34) Tamara Todevska – Proud (2w)
                                              Out (35) Lena – Don’t Lie To Me *G* (11w)
                                              Out (38) Katerine Duska – Better Love (2w)
                                              Out (40) John Lundvik – Too Late For Love (2w)

New certifications
                                              none

Comment

Album Top20

Spoiler!

1 (NEW) Miley Cyrus – She Is Coming

2 (1) Eurovision Song Contest 2019 *G*
                                                Chart Run: *1*-3-5-2-1-1-2- / 7w

3 (2) Ashley Tisdale – Symptoms
                                                Chart Run: *1*-1-2-2-3- / 5w

4 (5) Rammstein – Rammstein
                                                Chart Run: 5-5-*4*- / 3w

5 (NEW) Inna – Yo
                                                Chart Run: *5*- / 1w

6 (4) Carly Rae Jepsen – Dedicated
                                                Chart Run: *3*-4-6- / 3w

7 (6) Marina – Love + Fear *G*
                                                Chart Run: *1*-2-4-4-6-7- / 6w

8 (3) Todrick Hall – Haus Party 1
                                                Chart Run: *3*-8- / 2w

9 (7) Ciara – Beauty Marks
                                                Chart Run: *3*-7-7-9- / 4w

10 (9) Lena – Only Love, L *G*
                                                Chart Run: *2*-2-3-6-8-9-10-9-10- / 9w

11 (8) Bilal Hassani – Kingdom
                                                Chart Run: 12-*6*-8-11- / 4w

12 (11) Aly & AJ – Sanctuary EP
                                                Chart Run: *5*-8-11-12- / 4w

13 (16) Within Temptation – Resist *P*
                                                Chart Run: *1*-1-1-3-2-3-4-7-8-11-8-14-17-20-Out-RE 16-13- / 16w

14 (13) Kerli – Shadow Works *P*
                                                Chart Run: *1*-1-1-1-2-3-4-5-8-11-14-17-16-13-14- / 15w

15 (14) Eluveitie – Ategnatos *G*
                                                Chart Run: *1*-1-2-7-10-13-15-14-15- / 9w

16 (12) Billie Eilish – When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go? *G*
                                                Chart Run: *1*-3-3-4-8-9-10-12-12-16- / 10w

17 (20) James Bay – Oh My Messy Mind EP
                                                Chart Run: *6*-14-20-17- / 4w

18 (10) P!nk – Hurts 2B Human
                                                Chart Run: *2*-4-8-11-10-18- / 6w

19 (15) Various Artists – For The Throne
                                                Chart Run: *4*-7-11-13-15-19- / 6w

20 (17) Mrs. Greenbird – Dark Waters
                                                Chart Run: *5*-10-13-15-17-17-20- / 7w

Out of Top20
                                                Out (18) Lewis Capaldi – Divinely Uninspired To A Hellish Extent (2w)
                                                Out (19) Lizzo – Cuz I Love U (6w)

New certifications
                                                “Resist” by Within Temptation and “Shadow Works” by Kerli go PLATINUM (200+ points)
                                                “Love + Fear” by Marina goes GOLD (100+ points)

Comment

Bubbling Under

Spoiler!

1 (NEW) Miley Cyrus feat. RuPaul – Cattitude

2 (NEW) Miley Cyrus – Unholy
                                                  Chart Run: *2*- / 1w

3 (NEW) Tove Lo – Glad He’s Gone

4 (NEW) Rammstein – Puppe
                                                  Chart Run: *4*- / 1w

5 (NEW) Miley Cyrus, Swae Lee & Mike Will Made It – Party Up The Street
                                                  Chart Run: *5*- / 1w

6 (NEW) Sofi Tukker & Bomba Estéreo – Playa Grande
                                                  Chart Run: *6*- / 1w

7 (3) Ashley Tisdale – Insomnia
                                                  Chart Run: *1*-1-1-3-7- / 5w

8 (NEW) Miley Cyrus feat. Ghostface Killah – D.R.E.A.M.
                                                  Chart Run: *8*- / 1w

9 (NEW) Mika – Ice Cream
                                                  Chart Run: *9*- / 1w

10 (NEW) Cheryl – Let You
                                                  Chart Run: *10*- / 1w

Comment

• 13 (NEW) Rammstein – Ausländer

back to business after a rather lacklustre "Radio".

10 (NEW) Cheryl – Let You
                                                    Chart Run: *10*- / 1w

I am on the fence about this, it is not bad by any means, but there's nothing that really sticks and can make it memorable enough

Comment

Working...
                                                    X