No announcement yet.

My Charts - week 19 - Eurovision craziness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really enjoy this, but i was surprised it was that popular among televoters. Good for Denmark though. And i guess this also means the live performance was a bit disappointing for you?
    I wanted the staging to be as epic as the song.
    Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• Re: My Charts - week 20 - ESC craziness

^ Ah, makes sense. The performance definitely lacked something, they could have done a lot more...

Comment

• thanks so much for all comments

My Charts - week 21/2018 – 24 may 2018 - Demi isn’t doing it Solo
        • Singles Top40

[spoiler:kkp66cve]It’s a great week for Demi Lovato, as the singer is featured on two new songs and while one of them makes a very big impact, the other one is doing quite well too, making her the featured artists on the two highest new arrivals of the week. The first one is “Solo”, the latest single by Clean Bandit. Following the success of “Rockabye”, “Symphony”, “Disconnect” and “I Miss You”, “Solo” is already their fifth hit collaboration in a row. The song debuts right at the top of the Singles Top40, making it the third chart topper for both, Clean Bandit and Demi Lovato. The former reached the summit last year with “Symphony” and “Disconnect”, while the latter did it with “Neon Lights” (2013) and “Cool For The Summer” (2015). The other Demi featured collaboration is “Fall In Line”, the latest single of Christina Aguilera’s upcoming album “Liberation”. The song enters the charts at #11, one spot below the debut and peak position for Christina’s previous entry “Accelerate”, which drops 27-40 in its third week.

The ESC craziness already starts to slow down with seven entries leaving the Top40 and all others losing some spots this week. Elina Nechayeva’s “La forza” (1-3), Eleni Foureira’s “Fuego” (2-4), Equinox’ “Bones” (5-6), Saara Aalto’s “Monsters” (3-7), Netta’s “Toy” (6-10) and Mikolas Josef’s “Lie To Me” (7-12) seem to be the ones which become real hits this year.

Other new and re-entries this week: Passenger’s new single “Hell Or High Water” starts at #13. Becoming a hit in a few countries only now, Kygo & Miguel’s “Remind Me To Forget” makes a surprising re-entry at #16. Having released two songs at once already two weeks ago, Meghan Trainor didn’t enter the charts with both of these songs until now, with “Can’t Dance” being new at #17 and “Let You Be Right” arriving at #21. Fifth Harmony has released something which is basically a farewell video for the track “Don’t Say You Love Me”, which becomes the girl bands’ tenth and most likely final chart entry by debuting at #20; it’s also their eighth Top20 hit, with “Work From Home” being their only Top10 hit (#3 in 2016). Following a disappointing performance for “Sanctify”, “If You’re Over Me” does even worse for Years & Years and only makes it to #29. Jennifer Lopez’ collaboration with DJ Khaled and Cardi B called “Dinero” arrives at #33 while the final debut of the week goes to “Sangria Wine” at #38, a collaboration by Pharrell Williams and former Fifth Harmony member Camila Cabello.

Other talking points this week: Selena Gomez collects yet another Top3 hit in her discography as “Back To You” ascends 4-2. Shawn Mendes gets a second Top10 hit in a row (out of just two Top10 entries in total!) as “Youth” featuring Khalid jumps 19-8. It’s followed by the much talked about “This Is America”, which becomes the first Top10 entry for Childish Gambino by rising 21-9. Also reaching a new peak is “Attention” by Charlie Puth, as the song still benefits from the album release and reaches the upper half for its first time (22-19) – over a year after its initial release!

Childish Gambino’s “This Is America” is the biggest climber while Ireland’s ESC entry “Together” performed by Ryan O'Shaughnessy falls 14-30 as the biggest loser this week.
        [/spoiler:kkp66cve]
        1 (NEW) Clean Bandit feat. Demi Lovato – Solo
        Chart Run: *1*- / 1w

2 (4) Selena Gomez – Back To You
        Chart Run: 4-*2*- / 2w

3 (1) Elina Nechayeva – La forza
        Chart Run: 3-*1*-1-3- / 4w

4 (2) Eleni Foureira – Fuego
        Chart Run: 3-*2*-4- / 3w

5 (9) Ariana Grande – No Tears Left To Cry
        Chart Run: *1*-1-4-9-5- / 5w

6 (5) Equinox – Bones
        Chart Run: 6-6-*5*-6- / 4w

7 (3) Saara Aalto – Monsters *G*
        Chart Run: 9-2-2-*1*-5-14-27-40-37-Out-RE 5-2-3-7- / 13w

8 (19) Shawn Mendes feat. Khalid – Youth
        Chart Run: 11-19-*8*- / 3w

9 (21) Childish Gambino – This Is America
        Chart Run: 12-21-*9*- / 3w

10 (6) Netta – Toy
        Chart Run: 16-20-39-Out-RE *5*-6-10- / 6w

11 (NEW) Christina Aguilera feat. Demi Lovato – Fall In Line
        Chart Run: *11*- / 1w

12 (7) Mikolas Josef – Lie To Me
        Chart Run: 11-8-*7*-12- / 4w

13 (NEW) Passenger – Hell Or High Water
        Chart Run: *13*- / 1w

14 (11) Céline Dion – Ashes
        Chart Run: *7*-11-14- / 3w

15 (8) Benjamin Ingrosso – Dance You Off
        Chart Run: *8*-15- / 2w

16 (RE) Kygo & Miguel – Remind Me To Forget
        Chart Run: 35-Out-RE *16*- / 2w

17 (NEW) Meghan Trainor – Can’t Dance
        Chart Run: *17*- / 1w

18 (10) Madame Monsieur – Mercy
        Chart Run: *10*-18- / 2w

19 (22) Charlie Puth – Attention
        Chart Run: 29-Out-RE 27-25-29-28-33-38-Out-RE 22-*19*- / 9w

20 (NEW) Fifth Harmony – Don’t Say You Love Me
        Chart Run: *20*- / 1w

21 (NEW) Meghan Trainor – Let You Be Right
        Chart Run: *21*- / 1w

22 (15) Cesar Sampson – Nobody But You
        Chart Run: 17-*15*-22- / 3w

23 (13) Waylon – Outlaw In ‘Em
        Chart Run: *13*-23- / 2w

24 (16) Rasmussen – Higher Ground
        Chart Run: *16*-24- / 2w

25 (18) Marshmello & Anne-Marie – Friends *P*
        Chart Run: 5-*1*-1-2-3-5-5-6-3-7-6-2-9-18-25- / 15w

26 (12) Rita Ora feat. Cardi B, Bebe Rexha & Charli XCX – Girls
        Chart Run: *12*-26- / 2w

27 (31) Charlie Puth feat. Khelani – Done For Me
        Chart Run: 27-24-17-*13*-15-17-22-Out-RE 31-27- / 9w

28 (24) SuRie – Storm
        Chart Run: *24*-28- / 2w

29 (NEW) Years & Years – If You’re Over Me
        Chart Run: *29*- / 1w

30 (14) Ryan O'Shaughnessy – Together
        Chart Run: *14*-30- / 2w

31 (25) Lea Sirk – Hvala, ne!
        Chart Run: *25*-31- / 2w

32 (17) Jessica Mauboy – We Got Love
        Chart Run: 39-Out-RE *17*-32- / 3w

33 (NEW) Jennifer Lopez feat. DJ Khaled & Cardi B – Dinero
        Chart Run: *33*- / 1w

34 (20) Mélovin – Under The Ladder
        Chart Run: *20*-34- / 2w

35 (23) Anne-Marie – 2002
        Chart Run: 12-*7*-14-23-35- / 5w

36 (29) Michael Schulte – You Let Me Walk Alone
        Chart Run: *29*-36- / 2w

37 (39) David Guetta & Sia – Flames
        Chart Run: 16-12-*6*-13-18-20-23-39-37- / 9w

38 (NEW) Pharrell Williams & Camila Cabello – Sangria Wine
        Chart Run: *38*- / 1w

39 (26) Ieva Zasimauskait? – When We’re Old
        Chart Run: *24*-26-39- / 3w

40 (27) Christina Aguilera feat. Ty Dolla $ign & 2 Chainz – Accelerate
        Chart Run: *10*-27-40- / 3w

Out of Top40
        Out (28) AWS – Viszlát nyár (1w)
        Out (30) My Indigo (Sharon den Adel) – My Indigo *P* (15w)
        Out (32) Christabelle – Taboo (1w)
        Out (33) ZiBBZ – Stones (2w)
        Out (34) My Indigo (Sharon den Adel) – Crash And Burn *G* (10w)
        Out (35) Jessika feat. Jenifer Brening – Who We Are (1w)
        Out (36) DoReDoS – My Lucky Day (1w)
        Out (37) Gromee feat. Lukas Meijer – Light Me Up (1w9
        Out (38) Noah Cyrus & MAX – Team (1w)
        Out (40) The Humans – Goodbye (1w)

New certifications
        none

Click here for the Certification Database

Comment

My Charts - week 21/2018 – 24 may 2018 - Demi isn’t doing it Solo
          • Album Top20

[spoiler:3m94tmcq]In a week with just two new releases which only made moderate impacts, it looked like the whole Top4 would stay exactly the same as a week ago at first, though there were some last minute changes. Loreena McKennitt switches places with the Eurovision Song Contest compilation, as her “Lost Souls” rises 3-1 while the compilation falls 1-3 after two weeks on top. Loreena’s “Lost Souls” becomes yet another alternative number one, following The Dark Element’s “The Dark Element”, Leaves’ Eyes’ “Sign Of The Dragonhead”, Auri’s “Auri”, Nightwish’s “Decades”, My Indigo’s “My Indigo” and Evanescence’s “Synthesis”, showing what a good year 2018 is for this genre so far. Meanwhile, the Eurovision compilation already surpasses last years edition when it comes to success, despite its shaky start. Charlie Puth’s “Voicenotes” (2-2) and My Indigo’s “My Indigo” (4-4) remain at their positions.

The first of the two new entries is James Bay’s second album “Electric Light”, which starts at #5. His debut album “Chaos And The Calm” came out over three years ago and debuted and peaked at #4. The other arrival is the soundtrack to the second season of ’13 Reasons Why’, which enters the charts at #12.

It’s a good week for country artists, as the latest albums by Ashley Monroe and Kacey Musgraves gain a lot this week. The former is rising 15-7 with her fourth studio album “Sparrow”, outdoing its previous best mark and reaching a new peak, while the latter climbs 18-10 with her seventh studio album “Golden Hour”.
          [/spoiler:3m94tmcq]
          1 (3) Loreena McKennitt – Lost Souls
          Chart Run: 3-*1*- / 2w

2 (2) Charlie Puth – Voicenotes
          Chart Run: *2*-2- / 2w

3 (1) Eurovision Song Contest 2018 *G*
          Chart Run: 5-7-5-3-*1*-1-3- / 7w

4 (4) My Indigo – My Indigo
          Chart Run: *1*-1-2-4-4- / 5w

5 (NEW) James Bay – Electric Light
          Chart Run: *5*- / 1w

6 (6) Anne-Marie – Speak Your Mind
          Chart Run: *2*-4-6-6- / 4w

7 (15) Ashley Monroe – Sparrow
          Chart Run: 8-11-12-15-*7*- / 5w

8 (5) Saara Aalto – Wild Wild Wonderland
          Chart Run: 4-*3*-5-8- / 4w

9 (10) Faun – XV - Best Of *G*
          Chart Run: *4*-7-10-14-9-10-5-6-9-12-13-11-10-9- / 14w

10 (18) Kacey Musgraves – Golden Hour
          Chart Run: *3*-7-8-11-15-14-18-10- / 8w

11 (7) Sofi Tukker – Treehouse
          Chart Run: *4*-4-7-6-7-11- / 6w

12 (NEW) Soundtrack – 13 Reasons Why, Season 2
          Chart Run: *12*- / 1w

13 (8) Pentatonix – PTX Presents: Top Pop, Vol. I
          Chart Run: *5*-6-9-7-8-13- / 6w

14 (11) Cardi B – Invasion Of Privacy
          Chart Run: 3-*2*-3-8-8-11-14- / 7w

15 (9) Janelle Monae – Dirty Computer
          Chart Run: *5*-5-9-15- / 4w

16 (14) Auri – Auri *G*
          Chart Run: *1*-2-1-3-7-10-10-14-16- / 9w

17 (12) Brandi Carlile – By The Way, I Forgive You *G*
          Chart Run: *1*-1-1-2-4-4-7-9-15-18-12-13-12-17- / 14w

18 (13) Leaves’ Eyes – Sign Of The Dragonhead *G*
          Chart Run: *1*-1-1-1-3-6-9-12-13-15-18-14-13-20-Out-RE 18-13-18- / 17w

19 (17) The Weeknd – My Dear Melancholy,
          Chart Run: *1*-2-6-9-14-15-17-19- / 8w

20 (16) Imagine Dragons – Evolve *P*
          Chart Run: 2-2-2-2-3-5-7-11-14-16-19-Out-RE 17-12-16-15-18-Out-RE *1*-2-6-9-16-20- / 22w

Out of Top20
          Out (19) The Dark Element (Anette Olzon & Jani Liimatainen) – The Dark Element *P* (23w)
          Out (20) Ariana Grande – Dangerous Woman *P* (26w)

New certifications
          none

Comment

• Hi Tansike

It's been a while so let's get those comments coming in.

Gosh, the holy trinity; me, you and Paul. When we're all in agreement with our #1 single its a special moment.

As i just commented in Paul's chart, this has grown on me more and could finally enter my chart. It was overshadowed by eurovision then didn't really impact much last week so missed out on entering my top 20.

La forza remains one of the most breathtaking songs from the whole of eurovision. Safe to say there really isn't another song quite like this in the charts right now.

Fuego has easily been my stand out song this year. It's just such an amazing pop song and Eleni really delivers on stage.

A great recovery here for Ariana. I can see this holding up for a few more weeks yet. I'm still enjoying No tears left to cry. I'm curious to hear the new track The light is coming.

6 (5) Equinox – Bones

The impact of Bones was kinda lost on me in the final. I like the song the song but overall i just preferred other songs in the final so this missed the cut in my chart.

Whereas Saara owned it by returning to my top 10 post-contest. A shame that this failed to do well in the final.

Youth is quite easily the best song Shawn has released off this album. I've still not checked out the rest of his album though. Have you had chance to give the album a listen?

I have to admit, i'm already getting over this. The music video has really helped this song especially going to #1 in America which is incredible.

Wow! I thought you would love this as i know you're a big Demi Lovato fan. What is Christina's chart history in your chart?

Like Fall in line, Ashes is another song i really thought you would love. Céline did really well to make your top 10 so its still a good result. Have you seen Deadpool 2 yet?

Also enters my chart this week. This has grown on me quite a lot over the last couple of weeks and their performance on Tonight with Jimmy Fallon helped to bring the song back to my attention.

Olly in black underwear curled up on a bed. What's not to love? Although its just a quick shot at the end of the video, i'm looking forward to seeing what the next music video has to offer. In the meantime, If you're over me is still an enjoyable pop song. There's also a possibility that this will outperform Sanctify in my chart too. I still hear a bit of early Olly Murs in this track though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tansike
              Ah, these moves sound fantastic. Mine will obviously get Psychic as well, plus it already has Sleep Power. So far, all of my Pokémon only have the moves they get through levelling up though, but I’ll add some more moves later on. I didn’t spoil me so far with which moves they get through level ups so I wanted to wait until they reach a certain level at first before giving them some other moves. But I have to say I just spoiled me a little bit yesterday as I was missing Pikachu’s Swift and had to check out when it learns it, and got shocked that it never gets it, only in Fire/Blue…

I’m moving this Saturday, and I’ll give the keys from my old apartment back next Tuesday. So in a week it all will already be over – thank god! The last time was a huge nightmare so I’m really stressed out at the moment because of this (but also because of other stuff). There are nights where I sleep just 2-3 hours at the moment, so I’ll be VERY happy when it’ll be next week at this time

Ah wow. What’s your current team? This sounds VERY interesting. I think I’ll definitely try it out when the moving is done. Haha yeah, I was soooo obsessed with Yu-Gi-Oh for a few years, I knew everything and did quite well in some tournaments, though nothing too big. I also flopped a bit on the Swiss Championship Unfortunately, no, I gave my whole collection to my brother when I moved out nearly eight years ago, which was one of a few very bad decisions, as I had thousands of cards and they were also worth thousands of swiss francs/dollars. My collections was awesome. No idea what I was thinking when I moved out back then!
              Ah, whoops - hopefully I haven't said anything to spoil their level-up moves Waiting to use any TMs is a smart move in the older gens where they're still single-use-only. Bummer about "Swift" being replaced (though I'm pretty sure you can still teach it via TM), but Pikachu does get "Thunderbolt"/"Donnerblitz" by level-up instead, so that's a pretty nice trade-off (and lets you save the only "Thunderbolt" TM for somebody else).

Ooh...so by the time you're reading this, you'll have moved into your new place? Congrats! Sorry to hear about all the stress (and lack of sleep), though **Hug** Hopefully you're getting more than 2-3 hours now that you're officially in your new home/done with your old apartment! Or maybe you just need the right snuggle buddy...?

I'm about to enter Victory Road/Siegesstraße and my current team = Potentate the Empoleon, Router the Rotom, Malware the Porygon2 (still need to evolve it), Auger the Steelix/Stahlos, Broiler the Magmortar/Magbrant, and Snowplow the Mamoswine/Mamutel. I'm pretty happy with this squad, especially since it includes a few Pokémon that I've never used on any traveling team before. I've had a few "deaths," unfortunately, the saddest of which was Drapery the Wormadam/Burmadame (since I'd never used one before, she had a nifty Bug/Steel type combo, and she was on my main team for a long stretch of the game before getting killed by Commander Saturn's Toxicroak) I’d love to hear more about your Yellow adventure, though I figure you probably haven’t played too much lately, since you just moved this past weekend? Aw, even though you "flopped" at the national Championship, it's pretty awesome that you got to participate at that level at all! Is there any chance of ever getting your cards back from your brother, or has he already sold them/given them away?

Originally posted by Tansike
              True… and I hope the public’s preferences will change soon! Drake will drop his new album soon and I’m so afraid that the charts will be full of Drake… I’m already not the biggest fan of that Post Malone charts slayage, and Drake will easily be even bigger.
              Sad, but true It's times like that when I kind of wish Billboard would adopt a rule like the UK chart did about only allowing a maximum of 3 songs from an act (as the lead artist) on each chart. The Hot 100 Top 10 is already too clogged with songs that don't really interest/appeal to me, and then when albums like theirs drop, they suddenly take up 15-20 spots across the whole chart. :x

Glad to hear that you remember “Bad Girl”! Kinda sad you already forgot all others, with most of them being official singles! Definitely not a good sign at all for the album
              Ah, sorry, I definitely didn't say that well: I was only referring to album tracks when I mentioned not being able to remember how they sound. The singles I can still call to mind (especially "Here's To Never Growing Up" and "Hello Kitty," of course). ;)

I think you may be right. Also, “Happier” is finally starting to take off in a few countries, so it may be possible that it even turns out to be a nice hit for him and he’ll be on the charts for another few months, so by the time it’ll be over it would be summer… and I can see him moving on with new music in 2020 (or he’s taking a break and comes back in 2021). I’m still crossing my fingers for a “Nancy Mulligan” release, maybe alongside a tour video, which could happen as he’s touring the whole summer as well…
              Yeah, a tour video to close out the era couldn't hurt, and the idea of waiting until 2020-2021 for his next album sounds pretty perfect. He could always do a guest appearance or two in 2019 to keep his name out there somewhat, without being as ever-present/inescapable as he's been during the ÷ era.

Glad you turned into an Apple Music fan as well <3 It’s really crazy. Shawn Mendes will release his album this week as well, and Christina Aguilera, Nicki Minaj, Drake, Owl City, Lily Allen, Bebe Rexha and Florence + The Machine are all releasing their new albums next month I’d be broke by now if I still would buy all the albums in physical format
              Woah, looks like the 2018 torrent of noteworthy new releases isn't slowing down anytime soon! Granted, I don't expect to check out all of the ones you mentioned. Might wait to hear your thoughts on a few first. ;)

Ah right. I think it was possible to follow the livestream on YouTube in Canada/US until 2017 but not this year, which is VERY weird and unfair to the American fans. So I’m not sure how Akini managed to watch it.
              Damn, that would've made it so easy to follow along! Shame they stopped making it available that way. :x

Oh I’m sorry, I think I picked the wrong words. Yes, I’m more familiar with Céline than with Janet, Whitney, Mariah or even Kylie, but this doesn’t mean I’m familiar with her albums or album tracks. It’s just that I don’t even know many singles by the other girls, while I’m quite familiar with Céline’s singles. There are also a few album tracks I know, plus her last French album “Sans attender” was quite nice as a whole as well, but that’s pretty much it
              Ha, no worries, I was too quick to assume/interpret that you were some kind of Céline super-fan I'll probably just give whatever album she puts out next (English or French) a try...

Oh… you’re good at remembering these debut positions Even I had to look them up!

Yeah, the ESC is always (or often) a huge event for me and always dominated my charts during the weeks when the Semi Finals and the Grand Final are airing on the TV. Speaking of which, I’d recommend you Eleni Foureira – Fuego, my current #2 and the ESC entry for Cyprus which came 2nd on the contest. I think you may enjoy it
              Ha, it's not just you - I had to look them up to be sure too.

You're absolutely right! I ended up checking out "Fuego" after seeing it on Jake's chart before noticing your comment here, and I liked it right away! "We Got Love" made a pretty good first impression too, but those two are definitely my favorites of the entries that I've heard from this year.

“Attention” was a weird one for me, as I never really got into it until this year. There were a few big hits in the last one and a half years which never got me, others being Julia Michaels’ “Issues” or Portugal. The Man’s “Feel It Still” for example. Picking my favorite ones of “Voicenotes” is reeeaaally difficult at the moment. I’ve heard the album nine times so far according to LastFM but to me it more works like a whole body of work and none of the tracks except the singles really stood out for me. That’s a very good sign for the album though, but I’m not sure if he gets another hit from it. “Done For Me” clearly is the best I’d say, from the album tracks I think I’d pick “The Way I Am” and “Patient”. But if you enjoyed his music so far, you really should give the whole album a listen one day
              Voicenotes really does sound like a pretty consistent/cohesive album overall! I totally forgot to mention it when I was talking about waiting for Love Is Dead the other week, but I've been checking out Voicenotes since it dropped. There are a couple of duds/skippable moments for me ("LA Girls" and "Through It All"), but I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed most of the tracks that I hadn't heard before (since none of the official singles had really wowed me). "Slow It Down," "Somebody Told Me," and "BOY" have been the biggest standouts so far (with "Empty Cups" not too far behind).

10 (6) Netta – Toy
              17 (NEW) Meghan Trainor – Can’t Dance
              19 (22) Charlie Puth – Attention
              21 (NEW) Meghan Trainor – Let You Be Right
              25 (18) Marshmello & Anne-Marie – Friends *P*
              27 (31) Charlie Puth feat. Khelani – Done For Me
              32 (17) Jessica Mauboy – We Got Love
              35 (23) Anne-Marie – 2002
              37 (39) David Guetta & Sia – Flames
              38 (NEW) Pharrell Williams & Camila Cabello – Sangria Wine
              40 (27) Christina Aguilera feat. Ty Dolla $ign & 2 Chainz – Accelerate
              • SO happy that "Solo" has united the trio of you, Jake, and me I wasn't sure how others would react/respond to it, since I thought all the random sound effects might just seem annoying to some listeners, but somehow it all works pretty brilliantly!
              • Glad to see Selena living up to her legacy here by entering your Top 2 I can hear the "It Ain't Me" comparisons that people have mentioned, but I actually prefer "Back To You" overall. It’s a fairly sad song, but it also has this somewhat soothing effect on me.
              • I definitely wasn't expecting such a strong rebound (all the way to a new peak) for "This Is America" Any particular reason? Not that I mind! I'm still not playing the song itself much, but considering we just had another lethal school shooting less than 2 week ago, its message is still as relevant as ever. :x
              • Hmmm...although they're not very far apart here, it looks like we've had different experiences with "Can't Dance" and "Let You Be Right," since I definitely prefer the latter. They're both pretty underwhelming, though (neither are as catchy as "No Excuses," and that wasn't exactly one of her all-time-best offerings anyway). Now I'm REALLY wondering what's going to happen with her next album, after an under-performing lead single and dual-release follow-ups that are totally flopping. :-?

Yet another chart that stands on its own, Tansike!
              last.fmPaulboard Top 30

Comment

• Re: My Charts - week 21 - Demi isn’t doing it Solo

I've enjoyed the full version and the new music video of ''Dance You Off'', both were released last week.

Comment

• Thanks for all comments!

My Charts will be delayed this week. My internet isn‘t running since Monday and i didn‘t have the time to prepare the charts at work either. Hopefully tomorrow or on the weekend i‘ll be able to post this weeks update!

Comment

• Originally posted by JakeP
                    Hi Tansike
                    It's been a while so let's get those comments coming in.
                    Hey Jake – thanks for coming by!

Originally posted by JakeP
                    Gosh, the holy trinity; me, you and Paul. When we're all in agreement with our #1 single its a special moment.
                    I agree!! <3 <3 <3

We know what’s good

As i just commented in Paul's chart, this has grown on me more and could finally enter my chart. It was overshadowed by eurovision then didn't really impact much last week so missed out on entering my top 20.
                    Good news for Selena! I think “Back To You” is a very cute pop song. It’s nothing outstanding but definitely better than expected, as I didn’t expect her to release a song which could become a hit for the soundtrack.

La forza remains one of the most breathtaking songs from the whole of eurovision. Safe to say there really isn't another song quite like this in the charts right now.
                    YAS! Love your praise for this! This was and still is stunning. I would have loved to see this winning the competition, but it’s always hard to predict how songs like these will do so I’m just happy it ended up in the Top10.

Fuego has easily been my stand out song this year. It's just such an amazing pop song and Eleni really delivers on stage.
                    +1 – plus she’s sooo lovely!

A great recovery here for Ariana. I can see this holding up for a few more weeks yet. I'm still enjoying No tears left to cry. I'm curious to hear the new track The light is coming.
                    I agree – this is showing better longevity for me than I thought it would. I was worried that I may be over it after a few weeks as I played it to death when it came out, but so far I’m still enjoying it a lot. Glad to hear it’s the same for you.

6 (5) Equinox – Bones
                    The impact of Bones was kinda lost on me in the final. I like the song the song but overall i just preferred other songs in the final so this missed the cut in my chart.
                    Aww, sad to hear this, as this has been one of my faves since the first time I’ve heard it, and they didn’t disappoint with the performance.

Whereas Saara owned it by returning to my top 10 post-contest. A shame that this failed to do well in the final.
                    Yeah, no idea why it didn’t do better. Ok, it wasn’t the biggest shock since it already fell down a lot in the betting odds, but still, she deserved more.

Youth is quite easily the best song Shawn has released off this album. I've still not checked out the rest of his album though. Have you had chance to give the album a listen?
                    I agree – and I’d go so far that I’m even saying this is his best song ever!
                    Yes, and I’m absolutely enjoying it – which is unexpected, as his last album was so mediocre. From the album tracks “Nervous”, “Particular Taste”, “Queen” and “Mutual” are my favorite ones.

I have to admit, i'm already getting over this. The music video has really helped this song especially going to #1 in America which is incredible.
                    After this sudden climb a week ago I’m also starting to get over it now, so #9 will definitely be its peak here. But yes, the video is massive and could end up as the best video of the year.

Wow! I thought you would love this as i know you're a big Demi Lovato fan. What is Christina's chart history in your chart?
                    Me a big Demi fan? I really like her usually, but I wouldn’t call me a big fan of hers to be honest… same with Christina. Also, based on the names alone, I was actually a bit disappointed in “Fall In Line” as it didn’t hit me as much as I was hoping for. You can see Christina’s Discography here – she has yet to get a big hit on both of my charts…

Like Fall in line, Ashes is another song i really thought you would love. Céline did really well to make your top 10 so its still a good result. Have you seen Deadpool 2 yet?
                    Well, as you say, making my Top10 is still a big thing for Céline as similar to Christina, she wasn’t that big on my charts so far. “Ashes” is even already her second most successful entry ever, only behind “The Show Must Go On”, which features Lindsey Stirling

Also enters my chart this week. This has grown on me quite a lot over the last couple of weeks and their performance on Tonight with Jimmy Fallon helped to bring the song back to my attention.
                    Yay! Same with me. It also became a nice hit in a few countries, even peaking at #2 over here in Switzerland.

Olly in black underwear curled up on a bed. What's not to love? Although its just a quick shot at the end of the video, i'm looking forward to seeing what the next music video has to offer. In the meantime, If you're over me is still an enjoyable pop song. There's also a possibility that this will outperform Sanctify in my chart too. I still hear a bit of early Olly Murs in this track though.
                    I didn’t see the video yet and also don’t have the interest in doing so, as I don’t find Olly attractive at all Glad you’re liking this, but so far this second album era has been much weaker than the first one for me. Still excited to hear the full thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by phoenix98
                      Ah, whoops - hopefully I haven't said anything to spoil their level-up moves Waiting to use any TMs is a smart move in the older gens where they're still single-use-only. Bummer about "Swift" being replaced (though I'm pretty sure you can still teach it via TM), but Pikachu does get "Thunderbolt"/"Donnerblitz" by level-up instead, so that's a pretty nice trade-off (and lets you save the only "Thunderbolt" TM for somebody else).

Ooh...so by the time you're reading this, you'll have moved into your new place? Congrats! Sorry to hear about all the stress (and lack of sleep), though **Hug** Hopefully you're getting more than 2-3 hours now that you're officially in your new home/done with your old apartment! Or maybe you just need the right snuggle buddy...?

I'm about to enter Victory Road/Siegesstraße and my current team = Potentate the Empoleon, Router the Rotom, Malware the Porygon2 (still need to evolve it), Auger the Steelix/Stahlos, Broiler the Magmortar/Magbrant, and Snowplow the Mamoswine/Mamutel. I'm pretty happy with this squad, especially since it includes a few Pokémon that I've never used on any traveling team before. I've had a few "deaths," unfortunately, the saddest of which was Drapery the Wormadam/Burmadame (since I'd never used one before, she had a nifty Bug/Steel type combo, and she was on my main team for a long stretch of the game before getting killed by Commander Saturn's Toxicroak) I’d love to hear more about your Yellow adventure, though I figure you probably haven’t played too much lately, since you just moved this past weekend? Aw, even though you "flopped" at the national Championship, it's pretty awesome that you got to participate at that level at all! Is there any chance of ever getting your cards back from your brother, or has he already sold them/given them away?
                      Ah no, you didn’t, no worries! Oh… Pikachu didn’t get Thunderbolt in Red/Blue? I’m so clueless about the moves from back then to be honest, I only knew that it gets Swift in some Gens so I was expecting it to get it in Yellow as well… But yeah, getting Thunderbolt instead of Switch is a fair-enough trade.

Yes! It’s all over now. Well, basically, as I still need to clean up some chaos in the new apartment. Was very stressful and I’m still completely powerless & my sleep still didn’t get better, and I have lots of things to do this weekend and the next week, so I’m already happy when it’s getting a bit more quiet. At least the moving is done. Internet & TV aren’t working though so I hope this gets fixed as soon as possible. Two days were ok but I’m on the fifth day now and it’s getting exhausting
                      Haha… well, thankfully there is a good snuggle buddy…

Woah, what an amazing Team you have I’ve always loved Empoleon so it’s nice to hear this was your choice for the starter. Never played Rotom, Porygon2, Steelix or Magbrant, as there’s usually no one to trade them so I never picked them – how are they? Especially Magbrant and Porygon always seemed interesting to me. As for Mamoswine, I’ve tried it once and was pleasantly surprised, so I hope it also does its job for you Wait – so if one of your team member dies, you switch them out by another one? Poor Wromadam!
                      You’re right about my Yellow adventure, I didn’t play much lately. I have six batches now, and everyone’s fully evolved, so there’s that.
                      And no, my brother doesn’t have my collection anymore, at least that’s what he said when I asked him last year or so. But apart from the collection being awesome, I would have to get so many new cards anyway as there were so many new stuff appearing in the past few years, even some rules changed, so I would need to start from zero again…

Originally posted by phoenix98
                      Sad, but true It's times like that when I kind of wish Billboard would adopt a rule like the UK chart did about only allowing a maximum of 3 songs from an act (as the lead artist) on each chart. The Hot 100 Top 10 is already too clogged with songs that don't really interest/appeal to me, and then when albums like theirs drop, they suddenly take up 15-20 spots across the whole chart. :x
                      Agree! Switzerland already has the same rules for years now. At first I didn’t like it at all (also in cases when one of my favorite ones would smash) but in the end it’s a very good rule.

Ah, sorry, I definitely didn't say that well: I was only referring to album tracks when I mentioned not being able to remember how they sound. The singles I can still call to mind (especially "Here's To Never Growing Up" and "Hello Kitty," of course). ;)
                      Ah, okay! And what about “Rock N Roll”?

Yeah, a tour video to close out the era couldn't hurt, and the idea of waiting until 2020-2021 for his next album sounds pretty perfect. He could always do a guest appearance or two in 2019 to keep his name out there somewhat, without being as ever-present/inescapable as he's been during the ÷ era.
                      His manager just said it’s expected to get a new album in 2020, so there’s definitely a break in 2019, which is wise considering how he’s everywhere lately.

Woah, looks like the 2018 torrent of noteworthy new releases isn't slowing down anytime soon! Granted, I don't expect to check out all of the ones you mentioned. Might wait to hear your thoughts on a few first. ;)
                      Which releases are you still looking forward to this year?

Damn, that would've made it so easy to follow along! Shame they stopped making it available that way. :x
                      Yeah… doesn’t make sense to me as there were quite a few fans in the US and they probably watching it now in a not so legal way…

Ha, no worries, I was too quick to assume/interpret that you were some kind of Céline super-fan I'll probably just give whatever album she puts out next (English or French) a try...
                      That’s a good thing! I’ve started to do the same with some artists, like Janet for example. Never checked an album out from her but I was always interested to finally get to know her, so when she dropped “Unbreakable”, I checked it out. Same with Kylie when she released “Kiss Me Once” back in 2014.

Ha, it's not just you - I had to look them up to be sure too.

You're absolutely right! I ended up checking out "Fuego" after seeing it on Jake's chart before noticing your comment here, and I liked it right away! "We Got Love" made a pretty good first impression too, but those two are definitely my favorites of the entries that I've heard from this year.

YAS! Actually I already saw your comment on Jake’s charts and was really happy that you checked it out and also liked it so much! As for “We Got Love”, it’s not a bad song but ‘only’ solid to me. Glad you’re liking another ESC entry as well though!

Voicenotes really does sound like a pretty consistent/cohesive album overall! I totally forgot to mention it when I was talking about waiting for Love Is Dead the other week, but I've been checking out Voicenotes since it dropped. There are a couple of duds/skippable moments for me ("LA Girls" and "Through It All"), but I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed most of the tracks that I hadn't heard before (since none of the official singles had really wowed me). "Slow It Down," "Somebody Told Me," and "BOY" have been the biggest standouts so far (with "Empty Cups" not too far behind).
                      Oh, nice to hear you also checked it out! It’s a shame how it seems to flop though, as it’s definitely the better of his two albums so far. I’m a bit surprised with you mentioning “LA Girls” as one of the more skippable moments, as it’s one of the songs I’m also enjoying quite a lot, but I’m glad you’re enjoying the album as a whole as well.

• SO happy that "Solo" has united the trio of you, Jake, and me I wasn't sure how others would react/respond to it, since I thought all the random sound effects might just seem annoying to some listeners, but somehow it all works pretty brilliantly!
                      • Glad to see Selena living up to her legacy here by entering your Top 2 I can hear the "It Ain't Me" comparisons that people have mentioned, but I actually prefer "Back To You" overall. It’s a fairly sad song, but it also has this somewhat soothing effect on me.
                      • I definitely wasn't expecting such a strong rebound (all the way to a new peak) for "This Is America" Any particular reason? Not that I mind! I'm still not playing the song itself much, but considering we just had another lethal school shooting less than 2 week ago, its message is still as relevant as ever. :x
                      • Hmmm...although they're not very far apart here, it looks like we've had different experiences with "Can't Dance" and "Let You Be Right," since I definitely prefer the latter. They're both pretty underwhelming, though (neither are as catchy as "No Excuses," and that wasn't exactly one of her all-time-best offerings anyway). Now I'm REALLY wondering what's going to happen with her next album, after an under-performing lead single and dual-release follow-ups that are totally flopping. :-?

Yet another chart that stands on its own, Tansike!
                      <3<3<3
                      It’s an amazing song… Clean Bandit are doing REALLY well lately! Since “Rockabye”, they basically only released strong tunes and I’m so here for that. Really hoping this one also turns into a hit. It was basically love on first listen for me

Hmm… it’s still difficult for me to rank “Back To You” compared to the rest of her discography, including “It Ain’t Me”. I think “Back To You” will have a longer effect on me than “It Ain’t Me” though, while that one made a much better first impression on me. It’s really impressive how Selena has turned into such a force when it comes to hits.

Yes – I wanted my partner to see the video, so we watched it together and he ended up watching lots of reactions videos etc. sooo I heard the song all the time and it was stuck in my head, which is why it climbed a lot last week. Though #9 will definitely be its peak now. The video may end up as the best of the year, so strong!

Oh, you have to wait for my latest chart to be posted I think both “Let You Be Right” and “Can’t Dance” are far from her best days, but they’re still very good and it really depends on my mood which one is the better one for me. Good question… no idea if they just drop the album and let it flop, or if it gets cancelled…

Thanks so much

Comment

• Originally posted by heppolo

I've enjoyed the full version and the new music video of ''Dance You Off'', both were released last week.
                        Thanks - i saw that they got released but didn't check them out yet, have to do it asap as i'm quite enjoying the original one. Still a surprise to me how he flopped in the televoting...

Comment

My Charts - week 22/2018 – 31 may 2018 - Jessie J Vs. Shawn Mendes
                          • Singles Top40

[spoiler:raxp52ki]It’s an amazing week for Jessie J and Shawn Mendes, as their new album releases pushed their singles a lot, and both artists have three songs each on the Top40 this week, though none of them were able to top this weeks Singles Top40. Clean Bandit and Demi Lovato’s “Solo” is doing it for a second week, already making it the longest running top hit for the latter.

Shawn Mendes has a fantastic year so far. He not only scored his very first Top10 hit earlier this year with “In My Blood”, he even got a second one just last week with “Youth”, which climbs even further this week as it jumps 8-2. The former is making a stellar return to #12, while “Lost In Japan” even becomes his third Top10 arrival in a row as it re-enters the charts at #9 following the release of his new self-titled album. It’s also a great week for Jessie J, as she arrives at #7 with “Queen” while “Think About That” (#14) and “Real Deal” (#19) are both able to come back into the Top20 following the releases of her four EP’s “R.O.S.E.”.

Other new and re-entries this week: Blanche, who represented Belgium on the Eurovision Song Contest 2017 with “City Lights”, which ended up fourth in the Grand Final and became the biggest hit from last years contest on my charts, finally released a follow-up called “Wrong Turn” which just misses the Top10 at #11. And speaking of the contest, with some more songs falling out of the Top40, “Happier” by Ed Sheeran (#32) and “Across The Sea” by Leaves’ Eyes (#38) are able to come back to the charts this week.

Other talking points this week: Ariana Grande returns to the Top3 as “No Tears Left To Cry” climbs 5-3. A new single is expected to come out pretty soon. Meghan Trainor failed to get yet another Top10 entry with her two latest releases, but at least they seem to be very stable, nearly switching places this week as “Let You Be Right” rises 21-18 and overtakes “Can’t Dance” which dips 17-20. The ESC entries keep on falling down the charts, for example this years winner “Toy” by Netta (10-21) or Saara Aalto’s “Monsters” (7-22), but only two weeks after the contest’s final was held, the songs of this years ESC are already more successful than the songs from last years contest. In fact, only the cumulative total points of 2012, 2013 and 2016 are higher than the ones from 2018, and things still may change with “Fuego” (4-5), “La forza” (3-6), “Bones” (6-8) and “Lie To Me” (12-10) still being in the Top10.

Shawn Mendes’ and Khalid’s “Youth” is the biggest climber while Christina Aguilera’s and Demi Lovato’s “Fall In Line” drops 11-28 as the biggest loser this week.
                          [/spoiler:raxp52ki]
                          1 (1) Clean Bandit feat. Demi Lovato – Solo
                          Chart Run: *1*-1- / 2w

2 (8) Shawn Mendes feat. Khalid – Youth
                          Chart Run: 11-19-8-*2*- / 4w

3 (5) Ariana Grande – No Tears Left To Cry
                          Chart Run: *1*-1-4-9-5-3- / 6w

4 (2) Selena Gomez – Back To You
                          Chart Run: 4-*2*-4- / 3w

5 (4) Eleni Foureira – Fuego
                          Chart Run: 3-*2*-4-5- / 4w

6 (3) Elina Nechayeva – La forza
                          Chart Run: 3-*1*-1-3-6- / 5w

7 (NEW) Jessie J – Queen
                          Chart Run: *7*- / 1w

8 (6) Equinox – Bones
                          Chart Run: 6-6-*5*-6-8- / 5w

9 (RE) Shawn Mendes – Lost In Japan
                          Chart Run: 28-Out-RE *9*- / 2w

10 (12) Mikolas Josef – Lie To Me
                          Chart Run: 11-8-*7*-12-10- / 5w

11 (NEW) Blanche – Wrong Turn

12 (RE) Shawn Mendes – In My Blood
                          Chart Run: *7*-10-15-32-Out-RE 12- / 5w

13 (9) Childish Gambino – This Is America
                          Chart Run: 12-21-*9*-13- / 4w

14 (RE) Jessie J – Think About That
                          Chart Run: 15-*9*-18-38-Out-RE 14- / 5w

15 (13) Passenger – Hell Or High Water
                          Chart Run: *13*-15- / 2w

16 (16) Kygo & Miguel – Remind Me To Forget
                          Chart Run: 35-Out-RE *16*-16- / 3w

17 (14) Céline Dion – Ashes
                          Chart Run: *7*-11-14-17- / 4w

18 (21) Meghan Trainor – Let You Be Right
                          Chart Run: 21-*18*- / 2w

19 (RE) Jessie J – Real Deal
                          Chart Run: 40-Out-RE *19*- / 2w

20 (17) Meghan Trainor – Can’t Dance
                          Chart Run: *17*-20- / 2w

21 (10) Netta – Toy
                          Chart Run: 16-20-39-Out-RE *5*-6-10-21- / 7w

22 (7) Saara Aalto – Monsters *G*
                          Chart Run: 9-2-2-*1*-5-14-27-40-37-Out-RE 5-2-3-7-22- / 14w

23 (15) Benjamin Ingrosso – Dance You Off
                          Chart Run: *8*-15-23- / 3w

24 (26) Rita Ora feat. Cardi B, Bebe Rexha & Charli XCX – Girls
                          Chart Run: *12*-26-24- / 3w

25 (20) Fifth Harmony – Don’t Say You Love Me
                          Chart Run: *20*-25- / 2w

26 (19) Charlie Puth – Attention
                          Chart Run: 29-Out-RE 27-25-29-28-33-38-Out-RE 22-*19*-26- / 10w

27 (27) Charlie Puth feat. Khelani – Done For Me
                          Chart Run: 27-24-17-*13*-15-17-22-Out-RE 31-27-27- / 10w

28 (11) Christina Aguilera feat. Demi Lovato – Fall In Line
                          Chart Run: *11*-28- / 2w

29 (18) Madame Monsieur – Mercy
                          Chart Run: *10*-18-29- / 3w

30 (23) Waylon – Outlaw In ‘Em
                          Chart Run: *13*-23-30- / 3w

31 (24) Rasmussen – Higher Ground
                          Chart Run: *16*-24-31- / 3w

32 (RE) Ed Sheeran – Happier
                          Chart Run: *8*-16-Out-RE 32- / 3w

33 (25) Marshmello & Anne-Marie – Friends *P*
                          Chart Run: 5-*1*-1-2-3-5-5-6-3-7-6-2-9-18-25-33- / 16w

34 (22) Cesar Sampson – Nobody But You
                          Chart Run: 17-*15*-22-34- / 4w

35 (31) Lea Sirk – Hvala, ne!
                          Chart Run: *25*-31-35- / 3w

36 (28) SuRie – Storm
                          Chart Run: *24*-28-36- / 3w

37 (30) Ryan O'Shaughnessy – Together
                          Chart Run: *14*-30-37- / 3w

38 (RE) Leaves’ Eyes – Across The Sea *G*
                          Chart Run: *1*-1-1-2-4-6-11-14-16-22-Out-RE 33-28-25-37-33-28-Out-RE 38- / 17w

39 (37) David Guetta & Sia – Flames
                          Chart Run: 16-12-*6*-13-18-20-23-39-37-39- / 10w

40 (35) Anne-Marie – 2002
                          Chart Run: 12-*7*-14-23-35-40- / 6w

Out of Top40
                          Out (29) Years & Years – If You’re Over Me (1w)
                          Out (32) Jessica Mauboy – We Got Love (3w)
                          Out (33) Jennifer Lopez feat. DJ Khaled & Cardi B – Dinero (1w)
                          Out (34) Mélovin – Under The Ladder (2w)
                          Out (36) Michael Schulte – You Let Me Walk Alone (2w)
                          Out (38) Pharrell Williams & Camila Cabello – Sangria Wine (1w)
                          Out (39) Ieva Zasimauskait? – When We’re Old (3w)
                          Out (40) Christina Aguilera feat. Ty Dolla $ign & 2 Chainz – Accelerate (3w)

New certifications
                          none

Comment

My Charts - week 22/2018 – 31 may 2018 - Jessie J Vs. Shawn Mendes
                            • Album Top20

[spoiler:2e5du5ie]It’s currently a very competitive time. Three new arrivals are on the charts and while the lowest debuting of these nearly missed the upper half of the Album Top20, it still was a strong one, which shows how big the competition in the Top10 currently is. In the end it was Jessie J who grabbed the top spot with her new release(s). The singer has finally released her fourth album “R.O.S.E.” in form of four EPs: “R (Realisations)”, “O (Obsessions)”, “S (Sex)” and “E (Empowerment)”. The set is counted as one and arrives atop the charts, making it her third number one album following her debut “Who You Are” (one week in 2011) and her third album “Sweet Talker”, which makes a re-entry at #17 this week and has topped the charts for two weeks in late 2014. The latter is also her most successful release to date as it’s certified with 2x Platinum, followed by her debut which went Platinum. Her second release “Alive” didn’t do that well, as it only peaked at #7 and is not even halfway to Gold, despite having spawned the Gold certified single “Thunder”.

As expected, Shawn Mendes also owns a strong debut with his third, self-titled studio album. While Jessie J’s success isn’t that surprising following her previous successes, Shawn never really got a big hit so far (in fact, his current two entries “Youth” and “In My Blood” are by far his biggest successes to date) and he also has yet to get a hit on the album charts, as his debut “Handwritten” missed them completely while follow-up “Illuminate” only peaked at #9. “Shawn Mendes” may change things now, as the set arrives at the runner-up position.

Last but not least, the third album by Scottish synth-pop band CHVRCHES called “Love Is Dead” is the third and final debut of the week at #9, and their very first notation on the album charts.

Other talking points this week: My Indigo’s self-titled album remains in the Top5 for its sixth straight week (4-5) and goes Gold. Cardi B’s debut album “Invasion Of Privacy” also goes Gold, but already falls down 14-18.
                            [/spoiler:2e5du5ie]
                            1 (NEW) Jessie J – R.O.S.E.

2 (NEW) Shawn Mendes – Shawn Mendes
                            Chart Run: *2*- / 1w

3 (1) Loreena McKennitt – Lost Souls
                            Chart Run: 3-*1*-3- / 3w

4 (2) Charlie Puth – Voicenotes
                            Chart Run: *2*-2-4- / 3w

5 (4) My Indigo – My Indigo *G*
                            Chart Run: *1*-1-2-4-4-5- / 6w

6 (3) Eurovision Song Contest 2018 *G*
                            Chart Run: 5-7-5-3-*1*-1-3-6- / 8w

7 (7) Ashley Monroe – Sparrow
                            Chart Run: 8-11-12-15-*7*-7- / 6w

8 (6) Anne-Marie – Speak Your Mind
                            Chart Run: *2*-4-6-6-8- / 5w

9 (NEW) CHVRCHES – Love Is Dead
                            Chart Run: *9*- / 1w

10 (11) Sofi Tukker – Treehouse
                            Chart Run: *4*-4-7-6-7-11-10- / 7w

11 (5) James Bay – Electric Light
                            Chart Run: *5*-11- / 2w

12 (9) Faun – XV - Best Of *G*
                            Chart Run: *4*-7-10-14-9-10-5-6-9-12-13-11-10-9-12- / 15w

13 (8) Saara Aalto – Wild Wild Wonderland
                            Chart Run: 4-*3*-5-8-13- / 5w

14 (10) Kacey Musgraves – Golden Hour
                            Chart Run: *3*-7-8-11-15-14-18-10-14- / 9w

15 (18) Leaves’ Eyes – Sign Of The Dragonhead *G*
                            Chart Run: *1*-1-1-1-3-6-9-12-13-15-18-14-13-20-Out-RE 18-13-18-15- / 18w

16 (16) Auri – Auri *G*
                            Chart Run: *1*-2-1-3-7-10-10-14-16-16- / 10w

17 (RE) Jessie J – Sweet Talker *2xP*
                            Chart Run: 3-*1*-2-4-3-5-8-2-1-3-6-9-8-9-11-12-14-11-12-16-19-Out-RE 19-13-10-14-15-16-19-13-11-9-13-15-Out-RE 11-14-15-19-18-17-19-Out-RE 17- / 41w

18 (14) Cardi B – Invasion Of Privacy *G*
                            Chart Run: 3-*2*-3-8-8-11-14-18- / 8w

19 (13) Pentatonix – PTX Presents: Top Pop, Vol. I
                            Chart Run: *5*-6-9-7-8-13-19- / 7w

20 (15) Janelle Monae – Dirty Computer
                            Chart Run: *5*-5-9-15-20- / 5w

Out of Top20
                            Out (12) Soundtrack – 13 Reasons Why, Season 2 (1w)
                            Out (17) Brandi Carlile – By The Way, I Forgive You *G* (14w)
                            Out (19) The Weeknd – My Dear Melancholy, (8w)
                            Out (20) Imagine Dragons – Evolve *P* (22w)

New certifications
                            My Indigo’s “My Indigo” and Cardi B’s “Invasion Of Privacy” both go GOLD (100+ points)

Comment

• Re: My Charts - week 22 - Jessie J Vs. Shawn Mendes

High debut for Blanche.
                              However, for me ''Wrong Turn'' does not sound as polished and well-crafted as ''City Lights''

Comment

Love your number #1!
                                Also the eurovision entry's!

Comment

• Fantastic Top 3. Seeing "Solo" so high on Jake's chart prompted me to revisit it, and I've been loving it ever since. I love bops that have some emotional value to accompany their basic catchiness.

Yay at the big re-entry for "Lost in Japan". I listened to Shawn's album last week, and though it was underwhelming, "Youth" and "Lost in Japan" stood out as the two big keepers for me (which was kinda bleh since I already heard them before the album dropped). "In My Blood" is growing on me, though.

10 (12) Mikolas Josef – Lie To Me
                                  15 (13) Passenger – Hell Or High Water
                                  21 (10) Netta – Toy
                                  23 (15) Benjamin Ingrosso – Dance You Off
                                  24 (26) Rita Ora feat. Cardi B, Bebe Rexha & Charli XCX – Girls
                                  30 (23) Waylon – Outlaw In ‘Em
                                  34 (22) Cesar Sampson – Nobody But You
                                  36 (28) SuRie – Storm
                                  Akini's Top 100 Albums of All-Time [2022 Edition: #95]
                                  Your Billboard Top Ten: #1 As It Was [4 weeks]
                                  AlbumClash 2.0: [Kendrick Lamar vs. Florence + the Machine]

I'm not saying I love you unconditionally, but we have been through a shitload of conditions and I'm still here.

Comment

Ah no, you didn’t, no worries! Oh… Pikachu didn’t get Thunderbolt in Red/Blue? I’m so clueless about the moves from back then to be honest, I only knew that it gets Swift in some Gens so I was expecting it to get it in Yellow as well… But yeah, getting Thunderbolt instead of Switch is a fair-enough trade.

Yes! It’s all over now. Well, basically, as I still need to clean up some chaos in the new apartment. Was very stressful and I’m still completely powerless & my sleep still didn’t get better, and I have lots of things to do this weekend and the next week, so I’m already happy when it’s getting a bit more quiet. At least the moving is done. Internet & TV aren’t working though so I hope this gets fixed as soon as possible. Two days were ok but I’m on the fifth day now and it’s getting exhausting Haha… well, thankfully there is a good snuggle buddy…

Woah, what an amazing Team you have I’ve always loved Empoleon so it’s nice to hear this was your choice for the starter. Never played Rotom, Porygon2, Steelix or Magbrant, as there’s usually no one to trade them so I never picked them – how are they? Especially Magbrant and Porygon always seemed interesting to me. As for Mamoswine, I’ve tried it once and was pleasantly surprised, so I hope it also does its job for you Wait – so if one of your team member dies, you switch them out by another one? Poor Wromadam!

You’re right about my Yellow adventure, I didn’t play much lately. I have six batches now, and everyone’s fully evolved, so there’s that.
                                    And no, my brother doesn’t have my collection anymore, at least that’s what he said when I asked him last year or so. But apart from the collection being awesome, I would have to get so many new cards anyway as there were so many new stuff appearing in the past few years, even some rules changed, so I would need to start from zero again…
                                    Phew! Ha, yeah, I often forget just how limited most Pokémon's level-up movesets were in the original games. That particular example just stood out to me for being especially weird, since "Thunderbolt" was always treated like Pikachu's signature/most-used move in the anime, but you had to use a TM to teach it (until Yellow).

Success! Glad to hear you're officially in the new place now, but I can understand how it's not really livable until you have Internet, TV, etc. :x Hopefully it's all working by the time you're reading this! Did you get everything done that you'd hope over the weekend? How does this new place compare to your last one?

Thanks I didn't realize you were a fan of Empoleon, since I just remember you mentioning loving the Turtwig/Chelast family! Magmortar/Magbrant is a little slow-ish, but it has a pretty great Special Attack stat that it can put to good use with coverage moves like "Thunderbolt" and "Psychic." Porygon-Z is an interesting case, since it has lower defenses than Porygon2, but gains speed and power (so it can hit hard, but I need to be more careful about when I switch it into battle, since it can't take hits as well). It also has a lot of great coverage options (especially thanks to the TMs you can get over and over at the Game Corner/Schleiede Spielhalle). Since I'm doing this Platinum playthrough as a Nuzlocke, fainting = death Speaking of deaths, poor Snowplow the Mamoswine/Mamutel died in a battle against Barry right before the Elite Four, so I brought Volitant the Staraptor back onto my main team. I'd been using her earlier in the playthrough, but put her in the PC when I caught more interesting options.

It's a pretty funny coincidence that while you're doing a playthrough in the original Yellow, "remakes" are announced in the form of Let's Go, Pikachu! and Eevee! BOOO @ your brother losing/giving away your entire competitive card collection :x Even if most of those old cards wouldn't be playable today, the nostalgia factor alone is pretty priceless. Bummer! I think he owes you something for being so careless with your childhood treasures...

Agree! Switzerland already has the same rules for years now. At first I didn’t like it at all (also in cases when one of my favorite ones would smash) but in the end it’s a very good rule.
                                    Interesting! I had no idea the Swiss charts worked like that too, so thanks for filling me in! So it's the exact same policy as the UK, where an artist can only have 3 songs (as the lead act) on each week's chart?

Ah, okay! And what about “Rock N Roll”?
                                    Ha, well, that one I remember more for its video Wasn't there a random sharkbear or something, and her making out with some woman? Now that I think about it, it feels like some of Katy's Witness videos in the sense of trying REALLY hard to go viral. The song itself was alright, though.

His manager just said it’s expected to get a new album in 2020, so there’s definitely a break in 2019, which is wise considering how he’s everywhere lately.
                                    Sweet, that sounds like a sensible plan to me! He can always do some writing for other artists in the meantime too.

Which releases are you still looking forward to this year?
                                    HmMmMm...Ari leaps to mind, of course, and there were rumors about Grimes releasing something, but I'm not sure if that's changed. There's Years & Years's Palo Santo next month, and whenever Troye's Bloom drops...plus others I'm surely forgetting Which ones have you the most excited? Maybe you can remind me of some I've missed...

Yeah… doesn’t make sense to me as there were quite a few fans in the US and they probably watching it now in a not so legal way…
                                    Exactly! It's just like those pointless and frustrating region-locked music videos on YouTube. :x

Oh, nice to hear you also checked it out! It’s a shame how it seems to flop though, as it’s definitely the better of his two albums so far. I’m a bit surprised with you mentioning “LA Girls” as one of the more skippable moments, as it’s one of the songs I’m also enjoying quite a lot, but I’m glad you’re enjoying the album as a whole as well.
                                    Yeah :-? He took a risk by pushing back the album after "Attention" blew up (probably because he/his team thought they could score another smash hit or two before releasing it?), and that ultimately backfired, it seems. Granted, Voicenotes still entered in the US and UK Top 5, but it almost certainly would've done better back in slow January, when "Attention" was fresher in people's minds. There's a lot of single-worthy stuff left on the album, so hopefully whatever he picks next can out-perform "Done For Me."

Yes – I wanted my partner to see the video, so we watched it together and he ended up watching lots of reactions videos etc. sooo I heard the song all the time and it was stuck in my head, which is why it climbed a lot last week. Though #9 will definitely be its peak now. The video may end up as the best of the year, so strong!
                                    Ah, so "This Is America" benefitted from the "getting-your-partner-into-it-too" effect? Right on! The video definitely has messages worth spreading.

4 (2) Selena Gomez – Back To You
                                    6 (3) Elina Nechayeva – La forza
                                    18 (21) Meghan Trainor – Let You Be Right
                                    20 (17) Meghan Trainor – Can’t Dance
                                    21 (10) Netta – Toy
                                    38 (RE) Leaves’ Eyes – Across The Sea *G*
                                    40 (35) Anne-Marie – 2002
                                    • Awesome that "Solo" managed to hold onto the top spot The excitement of CHVRCHES's new album over-shadowed it for me last week, but it might rebound on my next chart...
                                    • Looks like "Youth" has emerged as your clear favorite from Shawn Mendes? The three singles have all been alright for me, but not quite enough to make me super excited for his album. If June ends up having some slow weeks, I might check it out. It's off to a pretty strong start on your album chart, so would you say there's a lot to discover beyond those three tracks?
                                    • This entire Top 5 is pretty solid! I either like or love the whole bunch.
                                    • Glad to see "Let You Be Right" jump ahead of "Can't Dance." ;)
                                    • Aw, "only" No. 9 for Love Is Dead hurts my heart a bit - but at least CHVRCHES got their first-ever entry, and first-ever Top 10 album!

Yet another chart that's in a class of its own, Tansike!
                                    last.fmPaulboard Top 30

Comment

• Originally posted by heppolo

High debut for Blanche.
                                      However, for me ''Wrong Turn'' does not sound as polished and well-crafted as ''City Lights''
                                      Completely agree with you. I like it, but it's not as good as "City Lights". But i like that she didn't release something generic.

Originally posted by Colbie
                                      Love your number #1!
                                      Also the eurovision entry's!
                                      Glad to hear this! "Solo" is an awesome tune
                                      YASSS... always nice to hear someone else enjoying the contest

Comment

• Originally posted by JSparksFan
                                        Fantastic Top 3. Seeing "Solo" so high on Jake's chart prompted me to revisit it, and I've been loving it ever since. I love bops that have some emotional value to accompany their basic catchiness.

Yay at the big re-entry for "Lost in Japan". I listened to Shawn's album last week, and though it was underwhelming, "Youth" and "Lost in Japan" stood out as the two big keepers for me (which was kinda bleh since I already heard them before the album dropped). "In My Blood" is growing on me, though.

Very happy to hear you're enjoying the Top3 that much! Also nice to hear you got back into "Solo"... i already saw that it was your last weeks #1 on the UKMixParade and i loved that! I think Clean Bandit definitely delivered with that one and i hope this also becomes a hit for them and Demi.

I didn't mind "Lost In Japan" before the album came out, so that one was a big grower for me during the album release week. Glad to hear "Youth" is a keeper for you as it's definitely the highlight of "Shawn Mendes", though i have to say i'm absolutely positively surprised by the whole album. Did you already check out his previous releases? I think this new one is his best by far

Comment

• Originally posted by phoenix98
                                          Phew! Ha, yeah, I often forget just how limited most Pokémon's level-up movesets were in the original games. That particular example just stood out to me for being especially weird, since "Thunderbolt" was always treated like Pikachu's signature/most-used move in the anime, but you had to use a TM to teach it (until Yellow).

Success! Glad to hear you're officially in the new place now, but I can understand how it's not really livable until you have Internet, TV, etc. :x Hopefully it's all working by the time you're reading this! Did you get everything done that you'd hope over the weekend? How does this new place compare to your last one?

Thanks I didn't realize you were a fan of Empoleon, since I just remember you mentioning loving the Turtwig/Chelast family! Magmortar/Magbrant is a little slow-ish, but it has a pretty great Special Attack stat that it can put to good use with coverage moves like "Thunderbolt" and "Psychic." Porygon-Z is an interesting case, since it has lower defenses than Porygon2, but gains speed and power (so it can hit hard, but I need to be more careful about when I switch it into battle, since it can't take hits as well). It also has a lot of great coverage options (especially thanks to the TMs you can get over and over at the Game Corner/Schleiede Spielhalle). Since I'm doing this Platinum playthrough as a Nuzlocke, fainting = death Speaking of deaths, poor Snowplow the Mamoswine/Mamutel died in a battle against Barry right before the Elite Four, so I brought Volitant the Staraptor back onto my main team. I'd been using her earlier in the playthrough, but put her in the PC when I caught more interesting options.

It's a pretty funny coincidence that while you're doing a playthrough in the original Yellow, "remakes" are announced in the form of Let's Go, Pikachu! and Eevee! BOOO @ your brother losing/giving away your entire competitive card collection :x Even if most of those old cards wouldn't be playable today, the nostalgia factor alone is pretty priceless. Bummer! I think he owes you something for being so careless with your childhood treasures...
                                          Oh yeah, this makes it even more weird then! I mean, isn’t Thunderbolt even like Pikachu’s signature move?

No, it’s still not working, but it will (or should) get fixed later today. So, a week and a half without internet & TV No, there’s still a lot to do and it will take some time until I feel like home there, so let’s see how this will turn out with time. My new place is smaller than the last one, but it's at a much better place as it has much more sun and the previous one was in the ground floor, which turned out to be a no-go for me. It also costs a bit less (still enough though…). Last but not least, I only have around 15 minutes from my new place to work, and around 10-15 minutes to my partner’s place, while previously I had 30 minutes from my place to work in the morning, and in the evening sometimes even an hour or more due to traffic.

I’m not sure if I ever mentioned that but penguins used to be my favorite animal during my childhood, so while I loved Turtwig’s family, I also loved Empoleon. Once we did a ranking with the starters and I did rank this Generation quite high I think, as it’s ALWAYS very difficult to pick between these two for me. I think it’s even the Gen where it’s the most difficult choice to pick the starter for me.
                                          Sounds interesting for Magmortar/Porygon-Z. As I said, I was always interested into these two but never came around playing with them, so it’s nice to hear they got into your Team. Aaaah… I didn’t realize fainting = death when you’re doing a playthrough as a Nuzlocke Oh no, poor Snowplow!! I hope Volitant does well in your team though.

True! What do you think of Let’s Go? I think it sounds really interesting and I’m actually really looking forward to it, even though I was hoping to get a ‘normal’ Pokémon game this year as well. Ah well… It’s not the only childhood treasure I lost. When I moved out for the first time nearly eight years ago to live with my ex partner, I have no idea what I was thinking cause there were quite a few stuff I left ‘at home’ and which is gone now. Something else would be tons of comics I drew when I was a child – I was a very good drawer back then! I still have some of them in my mind, especially some stories, and sometimes I really regret that I didn’t keep them. I even made a whole series called ‘The DigiPoké Team’ which was a mash-up of Pokémon, Digimon and Case Closed. Pokémon and Digimon were like humans in that series and there was a group (The DigiPoké Team) which had to solve murder cases and stuff like this. As a child it was way easier to draw Pokémon and Digimon instead of humans which is why I mixed up these three things I drew at least 40 different ‘episodes’…

Interesting! I had no idea the Swiss charts worked like that too, so thanks for filling me in! So it's the exact same policy as the UK, where an artist can only have 3 songs (as the lead act) on each week's chart?
                                          Yes, it’s the same – that’s also why “Perfect” by Ed Sheeran debuted at #7, but left the Top100 completely the week afterwards as “Galway Girl” had more sales and debuted at #10. There are probably other examples but this is the best one which was affected by these rules I think. Also, there’s an exception in Switzerland, which is when an artist dies (like Avicii recently or back then Michael Jackson) this artist is allowed to have more than three entries for a period of time.

Ha, well, that one I remember more for its video Wasn't there a random sharkbear or something, and her making out with some woman? Now that I think about it, it feels like some of Katy's Witness videos in the sense of trying REALLY hard to go viral. The song itself was alright, though.
                                          Yeah I think so, don’t really remember it that exactly to be honest But yeah, it definitely was meant to go viral (same as “Hello Kitty”) but it didn’t really work out for her.

Sweet, that sounds like a sensible plan to me! He can always do some writing for other artists in the meantime too.
                                          Exactly! I’m so here for new Ed in 2020 after a year (and a half?) break. It would also makes sense as he would have released an album all three years (2011, 2014, 2017 and 2020).

HmMmMm...Ari leaps to mind, of course, and there were rumors about Grimes releasing something, but I'm not sure if that's changed. There's Years & Years's Palo Santo next month, and whenever Troye's Bloom drops...plus others I'm surely forgetting Which ones have you the most excited? Maybe you can remind me of some I've missed...
                                          Ah, Grimes is something I’m really looking forward to as well! Her last album was brilliant!
                                          I’m probably not too up-to-date with some of the most recent announcements, but the ones I’m currently looking forward to are Bebe Rexha’s “Expectations”, which drops later this month, Ariana’s “Sweetener” obviously, Carrie Underwood’s “Cry Pretty” in September, a new live album by Tarja and an upcoming, yet untitled (and with an unknown release date) album by my second most favorite band ever, Within Temptation. Also, my absolute fave (Kerli) is likely to finally release something this year, but I’m waiting for five years now so I’m not expecting too much anymore at this point

Yeah :-? He took a risk by pushing back the album after "Attention" blew up (probably because he/his team thought they could score another smash hit or two before releasing it?), and that ultimately backfired, it seems. Granted, Voicenotes still entered in the US and UK Top 5, but it almost certainly would've done better back in slow January, when "Attention" was fresher in people's minds. There's a lot of single-worthy stuff left on the album, so hopefully whatever he picks next can out-perform "Done For Me."
                                          Well, I think “Attention” wasn’t even the problem. I mean, “Attention” came out and was a hit months before they even announced the album, so I really think “Voicenotes” wasn’t ready at that time and they tried to see if Charlie still gets a hit or not with something following his debut album, and I think they were a bit surprised how big “Attention” was. Then “How Long” came and I think during that time they also announced the album, though “How Long” didn’t take off the way they thought it could, so they delayed the album and “Done For Me” did even worse… speaking of which, that one still is my highlight of “Voicenotes”. A shame how it wasn’t a hit…

Ah, so "This Is America" benefitted from the "getting-your-partner-into-it-too" effect? Right on! The video definitely has messages worth spreading.
                                          Yeah exactly! It really does!

• Awesome that "Solo" managed to hold onto the top spot The excitement of CHVRCHES's new album over-shadowed it for me last week, but it might rebound on my next chart...
                                          • Looks like "Youth" has emerged as your clear favorite from Shawn Mendes? The three singles have all been alright for me, but not quite enough to make me super excited for his album. If June ends up having some slow weeks, I might check it out. It's off to a pretty strong start on your album chart, so would you say there's a lot to discover beyond those three tracks?
                                          • This entire Top 5 is pretty solid! I either like or love the whole bunch.
                                          • Glad to see "Let You Be Right" jump ahead of "Can't Dance." ;)
                                          • Aw, "only" No. 9 for Love Is Dead hurts my heart a bit - but at least CHVRCHES got their first-ever entry, and first-ever Top 10 album!

Yet another chart that's in a class of its own, Tansike!
                                          Glad you’re liking its ongoing success here. Kinda sad it already fell a bit on your charts, as Akini had it as his #1 last week and it would have been so awesome to have us four (Jake, Akini, you & me) having the same #1
                                          But you were really looking forward to the new album by CHVRCHES so it’s no big surprise that they overshadowed “Solo”.

Yep, definitely! I’d even go that far and say it’s my most favorite song ever by Shawn. I think there really is and I was (and still am) so positively surprised, as I never saw him as an artist I would look forward to to hear new music. But “Shawn Mendes” has some awesome tunes – “Nervous”, “Like To Be You”, “Fallin’ All For You”, “Particular Taste”, “Queen” and “Mutual” are all single-worthy IMO.

That’s amazing! Will be interesting to see if this will stay the same this week

It’s somehow funny, as just in the moment when you said you’re enjoying “Let You Be Right” more than “Can’t Dance”, it also started to become my fave of the two. I still enjoy “Can’t Dance” as well though. They both weren’t instant hits for me like “No Excuses”, but they most likely will show a much longer effect…

Glad you can see it from a positive side as well! #9 ain’t the best debut but it’s also not the worst considering they never did it so far. I also can already reveal that it won’t fall a lot this week at least, like some other #9 debuts. It’s a very good album, but last week was competitive.

Thank you

Comment

glad to see Solo at #1. not my favorite from them but still a great pop song

happy NTLTC is steady too. surprised This Is America made your top 10 I love it but not as much as Redbone, which definitely deserved better
                                            Charlie's Year End Hot 100 Countdown: #100-96

Bruno Mars '24K Magic' Album Survivor

Comment

^ very glad to hear you're enjoying "Solo" as well! I agree though that this isn't their best.

"This Is America" definitely benefitted a lot from its awesome video. The song is also really good, despite me being usually not the biggest fan of that genre.

Comment

My Charts - week 23/2018 – 7 june 2018 - Love To Hate
                                                • Singles Top40

[spoiler:36vw17f2]It’s a busier week than the last time, when the two album releases by Jessie J and Shawn Mendes brought the most attention onto the Singles Top40. This time there were also two new album releases, but only one of them is able to bring an entry onto the singles charts, and there are even eight other debuts, bringing the total of new arrivals in the Top40 to nine.

The highest of them immediately makes it to the top. Finnish singer Tarja (Turunen) is no stranger to my charts, as the siren collected 15 chart entries in the years 2007 to 2017, with 14 of them even being top hits, and now she’s getting the fifteenth number one hit with “Love To Hate”. The track was originally released on her last rock album “The Shadow Self” in 2016, but only got its release now as part of her upcoming live album “Act II”, which will be released at the end of next month.

The second highest arrival is a rather surprising one. Since her breakthrough alongside the Swedish pop duo Icona Pop on the track “I Love It” in 2013, Charli XCX already got some hits here and there, but apart from “Break The Rules” (#2) none of them really took off, with the mentioned one also being just a short hit as it already left the Top40 after seven weeks. Now it may be finally the time she’s getting a real hit on her own, as the new single “5 In The Morning” makes a great entry at #5 – her second highest peak ever as a lead artist and third highest peak ever overall!

A third entry makes the Top10 and that’s “I Like It” by Cardi B, Bad Bunny and J Balvin. The rapper finally released a video for the track which has been successful on streaming services since the release of her debut album “Invasion Of Privacy” – despite never being declared an official single! But it’s the time now and so the track also finally arrives on my charts. It’s already Cardi’s eighth chart entry in less than a year (including yet another debut this week) but only her second Top10 hit as a lead artist following her breakthrough single “Bodak Yellow” (#2).

Other new and re-entries this week: MNEK has teamed up with Hailee Steinfeld on “Colour” and enters the charts at #11, Maroon 5 has picked up “Girls Like You” as their new single and remixed it with an additioned verse by Cardi B, which immediately turns the song into a hit as it’s new at #17 – the band’s third highest peaking track ever. Kylie Minogue debuts at #18 with “Golden”, the third single of her latest album with the same name. German singer Namika had a big hit in 2015 with her song “Lieblingsmensch”, and while her debut album “Nador” also was a nice hit in Germany, she was labelled as a one hit wonder so far. Now with her second album “Que Walou” just being released, she’s getting a second entry with “Je ne parle pas français”, which starts at #21 and is likely to climb even further. Mrs. Greenbird are also from Germany and also own an entry this week, as their new single “One Day In June” starts at #34 as the first taste of their upcoming third album. Last but not least, All Saints have the ninth and final new entry with “Love Lasts Forever” at #38.

Other talking points this week: Since “No Tears Left To Cry” has started to stabilize on the charts, Ariana Grande now collects a Gold certification for her latest song (3-4). Meghan Trainor reaches a new peak for yet another week as “Let You Be Right” rises 18-13, meanwhile, “Can’t Dance” also recovers a little bit (20-19). Kygo & Miguel reach a new peak as well as “Remind Me To Forget” is up 16-14. “Friends” by Marshmello and Anne-Marie had a fantastic run in the Top10, but once it left that part of the charts, it fell down rather fast and this week it leaves the Top40 completely after 16 weeks. It still was the only song released this year to get a Platinum certification, up until this week, as two are doing it as well with “Across The Sea” by Leaves’ Eyes (38-30) and the ESC hit “Monsters” by Saara Aalto (22-37).

Leaves’ Eyes’ “Across The Sea” is the biggest climber while Jessie J’s “Think About That” drops 14-39 as the biggest loser this week.
                                                [/spoiler:36vw17f2]
                                                1 (NEW) Tarja – Love To Hate

2 (1) Clean Bandit feat. Demi Lovato – Solo
                                                Chart Run: *1*-1-2- / 3w

3 (2) Shawn Mendes feat. Khalid – Youth
                                                Chart Run: 11-19-8-*2*-3- / 5w

4 (3) Ariana Grande – No Tears Left To Cry *G*
                                                Chart Run: *1*-1-4-9-5-3-4- / 7w

5 (NEW) Charli XCX – 5 In The Morning

6 (4) Selena Gomez – Back To You
                                                Chart Run: 4-*2*-4-6- / 4w

7 (6) Elina Nechayeva – La forza
                                                Chart Run: 3-*1*-1-3-6-7- / 6w

8 (5) Eleni Foureira – Fuego
                                                Chart Run: 3-*2*-4-5-8- / 5w

9 (NEW) Cardi B, Bad Bunny & J Balvin – I Like It
                                                Chart Run: *9*- / 1w

10 (8) Equinox – Bones
                                                Chart Run: 6-6-*5*-6-8-10- / 6w

11 (NEW) MNEK feat. Hailee Steinfeld – Colour

12 (7) Jessie J – Queen
                                                Chart Run: *7*-12- / 2w

13 (18) Meghan Trainor – Let You Be Right
                                                Chart Run: 21-18-*13*- / 3w

14 (16) Kygo & Miguel – Remind Me To Forget
                                                Chart Run: 35-Out-RE *16*-16-14- / 4w

15 (10) Mikolas Josef – Lie To Me
                                                Chart Run: 11-8-*7*-12-10-15- / 6w

16 (9) Shawn Mendes – Lost In Japan
                                                Chart Run: 28-Out-RE *9*-16- / 3w

17 (NEW) Maroon 5 feat. Cardi B – Girls Like You
                                                Chart Run: *17*- / 1w

18 (NEW) Kylie Minogue – Golden
                                                Chart Run: *18*- / 1w

19 (20) Meghan Trainor – Can’t Dance
                                                Chart Run: *17*-20-19- / 3w

20 (11) Blanche – Wrong Turn
                                                Chart Run: *11*-20- / 2w

21 (NEW) Namika – Je ne parle pas français
                                                Chart Run: *21*- / 1w

22 (15) Passenger – Hell Or High Water
                                                Chart Run: *13*-15-22- / 3w

23 (17) Céline Dion – Ashes
                                                Chart Run: *7*-11-14-17-23- / 5w

24 (12) Shawn Mendes – In My Blood
                                                Chart Run: *7*-10-15-32-Out-RE 12-24- / 6w

25 (29) Madame Monsieur – Mercy
                                                Chart Run: *10*-18-29-25- / 4w

26 (25) Fifth Harmony – Don’t Say You Love Me
                                                Chart Run: *20*-25-26- / 3w

27 (13) Childish Gambino – This Is America
                                                Chart Run: 12-21-*9*-13-27- / 5w

28 (23) Benjamin Ingrosso – Dance You Off
                                                Chart Run: *8*-15-23-28- / 4w

29 (27) Charlie Puth feat. Khelani – Done For Me
                                                Chart Run: 27-24-17-*13*-15-17-22-Out-RE 31-27-27-29- / 11w

30 (38) Leaves’ Eyes – Across The Sea *P*
                                                Chart Run: *1*-1-1-2-4-6-11-14-16-22-Out-RE 33-28-25-37-33-28-Out-RE 38-30- / 18w

31 (26) Charlie Puth – Attention
                                                Chart Run: 29-Out-RE 27-25-29-28-33-38-Out-RE 22-*19*-26-31- / 11w

32 (21) Netta – Toy
                                                Chart Run: 16-20-39-Out-RE *5*-6-10-21-32- / 8w

33 (30) Waylon – Outlaw In ‘Em
                                                Chart Run: *13*-23-30-33- / 4w

34 (NEW) Mrs. Greenbird – One Day In June
                                                Chart Run: *34*- / 1w

35 (24) Rita Ora feat. Cardi B, Bebe Rexha & Charli XCX – Girls
                                                Chart Run: *12*-26-24-35- / 4w

36 (31) Rasmussen – Higher Ground
                                                Chart Run: *16*-24-31-36- / 4w

37 (22) Saara Aalto – Monsters *P*
                                                Chart Run: 9-2-2-*1*-5-14-27-40-37-Out-RE 5-2-3-7-22-37- / 15w

38 (NEW) All Saints – Love Lasts Forever
                                                Chart Run: *38*- / 1w

39 (14) Jessie J – Think About That
                                                Chart Run: 15-*9*-18-38-Out-RE 14-39- / 6w

40 (34) Cesar Sampson – Nobody But You
                                                Chart Run: 17-*15*-22-34-40- / 5w

Out of Top40
                                                Out (19) Jessie J – Real Deal (2w)
                                                Out (28) Christina Aguilera feat. Demi Lovato – Fall In Line (2w)
                                                Out (32) Ed Sheeran – Happier (3w)
                                                Out (33) Marshmello & Anne-Marie – Friends *P* (16w)
                                                Out (35) Lea Sirk – Hvala, ne! (3w)
                                                Out (36) SuRie – Storm (3w)
                                                Out (37) Ryan O'Shaughnessy – Together (3w)
                                                Out (39) David Guetta & Sia – Flames (10w)
                                                Out (40) Anne-Marie – 2002 (6w)

New certifications
                                                ”Across The Sea” by Leaves’ Eyes and “Monsters” by Saara Aalto go PLATINUM (400+ points)
                                                "No Tears Left To Cry” by Ariana Grande goes GOLD (250+ points)

Comment

My Charts - week 23/2018 – 7 june 2018 - Love To Hate
                                                  • Album Top20

[spoiler:1yk6rx9r]There keep on being new releases each week, with two of them arriving on the charts this week alongside two re-entries. But the top album of the week is one of last weeks new entry which didn’t debut atop – Shawn Mendes’ third self-titled studio album. The set rises 2-1. Loreena McKennitt’s “Lost Souls” (3-2) and Charlie Puth’s “Voicenotes” (4-3) are also rising one spot each.

The two new entries belong to American electronica artist Owl City and German singer Namika. “Cinematic” becomes the seventh chart entry on the album charts for Owl City, as it’s arriving at #4. The electronica artist becomes one of the very few artists with more entries on the album charts than on the singles charts again, as only six songs from his discography made it to the charts. His biggest hit by far is “Good Time”, a collaboration with Carly Rae Jepsen, which topped the weekly charts for two weeks during summer 2012 and went Platinum, plus it was also the hit of his most successful album to date, which is called “The Midsummer Station”, topped the weekly chart for three weeks in the second half 2012 and went Platinum as well. Despite debuting one spot lower at #5, German singer Namika has more reasons to celebrate with the arrival of her second album “Que Walou”. The Top5 entry is much better than the weak #20 peak for her debut “Nador”, which obviously just made it to one week on the charts in late 2015.

As mentioned, there are also two re-entries, and both of them are in the lower half of the Album Top20. Demi Lovato’s latest album “Tell Me You Love Me” is back at #14 due to the anticipation of tonight’s concert, so it’s expected to see her discography getting a nice boost on next weeks chart. The other re-entry goes to Tarja’s “The Shadow Self” at #18, as the set benefits from the release of “Love To Hate”.

Other talking points this week: Despite leaving the upper half with a small drop (10-13), Sofi Tukker get their very first certification ever as “Treehouse” goes Gold.
                                                  [/spoiler:1yk6rx9r]
                                                  1 (2) Shawn Mendes – Shawn Mendes
                                                  Chart Run: 2-*1*- / 2w

2 (3) Loreena McKennitt – Lost Souls
                                                  Chart Run: 3-*1*-3-2- / 4w

3 (4) Charlie Puth – Voicenotes
                                                  Chart Run: *2*-2-4-3- / 4w

4 (NEW) Owl City – Cinematic
                                                  Chart Run: *4*- / 1w

5 (NEW) Namika – Que Walou

6 (1) Jessie J – R.O.S.E.
                                                  Chart Run: *1*-6- / 2w

7 (5) My Indigo – My Indigo *G*
                                                  Chart Run: *1*-1-2-4-4-5-7- / 7w

8 (7) Ashley Monroe – Sparrow
                                                  Chart Run: 8-11-12-15-*7*-7-8- / 7w

9 (8) Anne-Marie – Speak Your Mind
                                                  Chart Run: *2*-4-6-6-8-9- / 6w

10 (6) Eurovision Song Contest 2018 *G*
                                                  Chart Run: 5-7-5-3-*1*-1-3-6-10- / 9w

11 (9) CHVRCHES – Love Is Dead
                                                  Chart Run: *9*-11- / 2w

12 (12) Faun – XV - Best Of *G*
                                                  Chart Run: *4*-7-10-14-9-10-5-6-9-12-13-11-10-9-12-12- / 16w

13 (10) Sofi Tukker – Treehouse *G*
                                                  Chart Run: *4*-4-7-6-7-11-10-13- / 8w

14 (RE) Demi Lovato – Tell Me You Love Me
                                                  Chart Run: 2-3-4-7-13-18-16-18-Out-RE 14- / 9w

15 (16) Auri – Auri *G*
                                                  Chart Run: *1*-2-1-3-7-10-10-14-16-16-15- / 11w

16 (15) Leaves’ Eyes – Sign Of The Dragonhead *G*
                                                  Chart Run: *1*-1-1-1-3-6-9-12-13-15-18-14-13-20-Out-RE 18-13-18-15-16- / 19w

17 (14) Kacey Musgraves – Golden Hour
                                                  Chart Run: *3*-7-8-11-15-14-18-10-14-17- / 10w

18 (RE) Tarja – The Shadow Self *P*
                                                  Chart Run: *1*-1-1-2-3-3-4-1-1-4-3-2-4-7-8-4-7-7-11-9-13-16-17-15-14-20-18-17-Out-RE 16-18-Out-RE 13-Out-RE 18- / 32w

19 (13) Saara Aalto – Wild Wild Wonderland
                                                  Chart Run: 4-*3*-5-8-13-19- / 6w

20 (11) James Bay – Electric Light
                                                  Chart Run: *5*-11-20- / 3w

Out of Top20
                                                  Out (17) Jessie J – Sweet Talker *2xP* (41w)
                                                  Out (18) Cardi B – Invasion Of Privacy *G* (8w)
                                                  Out (19) Pentatonix – PTX Presents: Top Pop, Vol. I (7w)
                                                  Out (20) Janelle Monae – Dirty Computer (5w)

New certifications
                                                  ”Treehouse” by Sofi Tukker goes GOLD (100+ points)

Comment

Oh yeah, this makes it even more weird then! I mean, isn’t Thunderbolt even like Pikachu’s signature move?

No, it’s still not working, but it will (or should) get fixed later today. So, a week and a half without internet & TV No, there’s still a lot to do and it will take some time until I feel like home there, so let’s see how this will turn out with time. My new place is smaller than the last one, but it's at a much better place as it has much more sun and the previous one was in the ground floor, which turned out to be a no-go for me. It also costs a bit less (still enough though…). Last but not least, I only have around 15 minutes from my new place to work, and around 10-15 minutes to my partner’s place, while previously I had 30 minutes from my place to work in the morning, and in the evening sometimes even an hour or more due to traffic.

I’m not sure if I ever mentioned that but penguins used to be my favorite animal during my childhood, so while I loved Turtwig’s family, I also loved Empoleon. Once we did a ranking with the starters and I did rank this Generation quite high I think, as it’s ALWAYS very difficult to pick between these two for me. I think it’s even the Gen where it’s the most difficult choice to pick the starter for me.
                                                    Sounds interesting for Magmortar/Porygon-Z. As I said, I was always interested into these two but never came around playing with them, so it’s nice to hear they got into your Team. Aaaah… I didn’t realize fainting = death when you’re doing a playthrough as a Nuzlocke Oh no, poor Snowplow!! I hope Volitant does well in your team though.

True! What do you think of Let’s Go? I think it sounds really interesting and I’m actually really looking forward to it, even though I was hoping to get a ‘normal’ Pokémon game this year as well. Ah well… It’s not the only childhood treasure I lost. When I moved out for the first time nearly eight years ago to live with my ex partner, I have no idea what I was thinking cause there were quite a few stuff I left ‘at home’ and which is gone now. Something else would be tons of comics I drew when I was a child – I was a very good drawer back then! I still have some of them in my mind, especially some stories, and sometimes I really regret that I didn’t keep them. I even made a whole series called ‘The DigiPoké Team’ which was a mash-up of Pokémon, Digimon and Case Closed. Pokémon and Digimon were like humans in that series and there was a group (The DigiPoké Team) which had to solve murder cases and stuff like this. As a child it was way easier to draw Pokémon and Digimon instead of humans which is why I mixed up these three things I drew at least 40 different ‘episodes’…
                                                    Right? I mean, it seemed to be until "Volt Tackle" came along, anyway. After consulting Bulbapedia, it looks like nobody could learn "Thunderbolt" by level-up in Red & Blue (then only Pikachu could in Yellow).

UGH @ Internet and TV access taking that long! I'd be losing my sh*t after more than a week, for sure :x It sounds like this new place is an upgrade in every way except size? That's awesome! How'd you find it? Ha, yeah, I can imagine living on the ground floor being pretty awful (especially if it was on a busy street with people constantly walking by/right outside). Luckily, I haven't had any units above mine since my last apartment in college. A less stressful commute is such a huge plus too! With your partner even closer than before, you'll have even more opportunities for... ;) You should work some of that into one of his group's music videos, actually... #breaktheinternet

Aw, I didn't know you were ever that into penguins, but that's adorable! I just remember you mentioning monkeys before Thankfully, my team made it through the Elite Four and Cynthia without any more deaths. Phew! As much as I hate to say this about a fallen teammate, I think Snowplow's passing was somewhat of a blessing in disguise, since Volitant helped out quite a bit in those final battles Have things calmed down enough with the whole move/transition to give you a chance to pick up Yellow again? Granted, I guess you could just wait for Let's Go! now...

Speaking of - I'll miss wild Pokémon battles, but the Let's Go! games do look like an interesting way to combine some GO features with the usual main-series-type adventure, so I'll definitely still check them out. I skipped FireRed & LeafGreen, so it'll be my first time playing a Gen I remake, and Kanto does look pretty nice in the trailer. I just hope these GO-based gameplay changes aren’t included in next year’s proper core series Switch game. Aw, so all 40 episodes that you drew are gone for good? Damn, that's tragic...especially since there's no way to replace something personal and unique like those They sound so creative, I totally would've read them if you could've uploaded them online! Do you still draw at all? Has your partner posed nude for you yet? That'd be the best way for you to practice drawing humans...

Yes, it’s the same – that’s also why “Perfect” by Ed Sheeran debuted at #7, but left the Top100 completely the week afterwards as “Galway Girl” had more sales and debuted at #10. There are probably other examples but this is the best one which was affected by these rules I think. Also, there’s an exception in Switzerland, which is when an artist dies (like Avicii recently or back then Michael Jackson) this artist is allowed to have more than three entries for a period of time.
                                                    Ah, that's an exception that I totally don't mind, though. Seeing all those hits re-enter is a great/touching way to recognize their impact and legacy. It's like a final farewell to their chart presence too.

Ah, Grimes is something I’m really looking forward to as well! Her last album was brilliant!

I’m probably not too up-to-date with some of the most recent announcements, but the ones I’m currently looking forward to are Bebe Rexha’s “Expectations”, which drops later this month, Ariana’s “Sweetener” obviously, Carrie Underwood’s “Cry Pretty” in September, a new live album by Tarja and an upcoming, yet untitled (and with an unknown release date) album by my second most favorite band ever, Within Temptation. Also, my absolute fave (Kerli) is likely to finally release something this year, but I’m waiting for five years now so I’m not expecting too much anymore at this point
                                                    Agreed! Granted, it's the only album of hers that I've actually heard in full I briefly checked out some of her older singles after falling in love with Art Angels, and they definitely didn't have the same quirky-but-still-poppy appeal, so hopefully she keeps some of the same Art Angels style/sounds for her next project.

I'd be open to checking out Expectations if it makes a good impression on you. Same goes for Kerli's next album, actually, so **fingers crossed** that one actually happens this year!

Well, I think “Attention” wasn’t even the problem. I mean, “Attention” came out and was a hit months before they even announced the album, so I really think “Voicenotes” wasn’t ready at that time and they tried to see if Charlie still gets a hit or not with something following his debut album, and I think they were a bit surprised how big “Attention” was. Then “How Long” came and I think during that time they also announced the album, though “How Long” didn’t take off the way they thought it could, so they delayed the album and “Done For Me” did even worse… speaking of which, that one still is my highlight of “Voicenotes”. A shame how it wasn’t a hit…
                                                    Ah, I might've gotten the whole timeline blurred in my head. "Done For Me" hasn't clicked with me quite as much as you, but I'm still surprised by how poorly it's done :-? He abruptly went from scoring his biggest hit yet (besides "See You Again") to seriously struggling. People/listeners are so fickle sometimes... :x

Glad you’re liking its ongoing success here. Kinda sad it already fell a bit on your charts, as Akini had it as his #1 last week and it would have been so awesome to have us four (Jake, Akini, you & me) having the same #1 But you were really looking forward to the new album by CHVRCHES so it’s no big surprise that they overshadowed “Solo”.
                                                    Sorry for the flop timing on my part but all four of us sending the same song to No. 1 (even at slightly different times) is still pretty incredible! I've no idea when that last happened. I'm pretty sure it was "No Tears Left To Cry" for you, Jake, and me - but I know that one missed out on Akini's chart.

Yep, definitely! I’d even go that far and say it’s my most favorite song ever by Shawn. I think there really is and I was (and still am) so positively surprised, as I never saw him as an artist I would look forward to to hear new music. But “Shawn Mendes” has some awesome tunes – “Nervous”, “Like To Be You”, “Fallin’ All For You”, “Particular Taste”, “Queen” and “Mutual” are all single-worthy IMO.
                                                    Ooh, that's high praise indeed! Well, since I don't think anything else noteworthy is dropping this Friday (Christina's singles haven't really sold me, and I've never been as into her as a lot of the other pop ladies anyway), I might dive into Shawn Mendes later this week...

It’s somehow funny, as just in the moment when you said you’re enjoying “Let You Be Right” more than “Can’t Dance”, it also started to become my fave of the two. I still enjoy “Can’t Dance” as well though. They both weren’t instant hits for me like “No Excuses”, but they most likely will show a much longer effect…
                                                    If only I could influence you like that more often. ;)

2 (1) Clean Bandit feat. Demi Lovato – Solo
                                                    3 (2) Shawn Mendes feat. Khalid – Youth
                                                    4 (3) Ariana Grande – No Tears Left To Cry *G*
                                                    5 (NEW) Charli XCX – 5 In The Morning
                                                    6 (4) Selena Gomez – Back To You
                                                    7 (6) Elina Nechayeva – La forza
                                                    8 (5) Eleni Foureira – Fuego
                                                    11 (NEW) MNEK feat. Hailee Steinfeld – Colour
                                                    13 (18) Meghan Trainor – Let You Be Right
                                                    14 (16) Kygo & Miguel – Remind Me To Forget
                                                    16 (9) Shawn Mendes – Lost In Japan
                                                    17 (NEW) Maroon 5 feat. Cardi B – Girls Like You
                                                    18 (NEW) Kylie Minogue – Golden
                                                    19 (20) Meghan Trainor – Can’t Dance
                                                    23 (17) Céline Dion – Ashes
                                                    24 (12) Shawn Mendes – In My Blood
                                                    27 (13) Childish Gambino – This Is America
                                                    29 (27) Charlie Puth feat. Khelani – Done For Me
                                                    30 (38) Leaves’ Eyes – Across The Sea *P*
                                                    31 (26) Charlie Puth – Attention
                                                    32 (21) Netta – Toy
                                                    37 (22) Saara Aalto – Monsters *P*
                                                    • I'm not totally sold on "Love To Hate" on first listen, but DAMN does Tarja sound flawless live If the video hadn't made it so obvious that it was a live recording, I definitely would've thought those were studio vocals.
                                                    • "5 In The Morning" has been a letdown for me after REALLY loving some of Pop 2.
                                                    • "Colour" struck me as pretty bland/forgettable at first, but I've been coming back to it more than I expected! It's still far from one of my favorites from Hailee, but it's not a total throwaway either!
                                                    • Nice to see "Let You Be Right" pulling well ahead of "Can't Dance" now.
                                                    • Although I don't think Cardi adds much to "Girls Like You," the release of this new version definitely re-kindled my interest in the original.
                                                    • A Top 20 debut for Kylie too "Stop Me From Falling" never made it that high, right?

Yet another chart that's impossible to hate, Tansike!
                                                    last.fmPaulboard Top 30

Comment

Working...
                                                    X