• Show
Clear All
  • Tansike
    Site Supporter
    • 28 Jan 2012

thanks so much for all comments

My Charts - week 36/2018 – 6 september 2018 - Love Wins
    • Singles Top40

[spoiler:2d3gbpyk]In a week with not the strongest competition, Carrie Underwood scores her fourth number one single as her new track "Love Wins" immediately debuts atop the Singles Top40. It’s already the second number one hit this year, as the previous single “Cry Pretty” already debuted atop the charts, though it also left the Top40 after a disappointing four weeks. Carrie’s upcoming new album “Cry Pretty” will be released in eight days and will affect the charts in two weeks, so maybe its title track may add some more weeks to its chartrun. Overall, “Love Wins” is already Carrie’s 13th chart entry and the tenth Top10 hit. She’s also continuing her streak of Top5 hits as it’s her eighth Top5 peak in a row now. Completing the Top3 are Ariana Grande’s “No Tears Left To Cry”, which becomes the first song with 20 weeks on the charts this year so far (3-2), and “Right Now” by Nick Jonas & Robin Schulz, which becomes the first Top3 hit for both artists (5-3).

Other new and re-entries this week: It’s not the busiest week when it comes to new releases, as there are only three more new entries, plus four re-entries due to some album releases. It has become quite popular seeing well-known artists from the symphonic metal genre teaming up with other artists or simply doing other projects than the ones they’re known for. First there was former Nightwish singer Anette Olzon teaming up with Sonata Arctica musician Jani Liimatainen to form ‘The Dark Element’, who scored just their first of four Top2 hits exactly a year ago. They were followed by Within Temptation’s Sharon den Adel’s solo project ‘My Indigo’, who scored three Top2 hits in the last nine months, and then came ‘Auri’, a project by Nightwish musicians Tuomas Holopainen & Troy Donockley plus Tuomas’ wife Johanna Kurkela, who scored two number one hits this year. Now it’s the turn for current Nightwish frontwoman Floor Jansen and Pagan’s Mind guitarist Jørn Viggo Lofstad who formed ‘Northward’. They’ve released a first taste of their upcoming debut album, and the song is called “While Love Died” and enters the charts at #5. Coming from a similar musical background, the British band Muse get their highest peaking chart entry ever as their new single “The Dark Side” arrives at #22, joining Alan Walker’s “Darkside” (9-18) when it comes to the song title. The fourth and final debut comes from British singer-songwriter Freya Ridings, who debuts at #36 with her breakthrough single “Lost Without You”.

Now on to the re-entries. Three of the four comebacks are by the same artist, and that’s Troye Sivan. The singer has finally released his second full-length studio album called “Bloom”, which gave a big boost to three of its four singles. Its title track benefits the most from the album release, as it re-enters the charts at #10, becoming only his second Top10 hit so far and easily surpassing its previous peak at #39. It’s followed by the lead single “My My My!”, which returns to #11, the same position as its debut and peak position from January. Last but not least, the Ariana Grande collaboration and his highest peaking song to date – “Dance To This” – makes a rather low comeback at #24. The only single that didn’t re-enter the Top40 is “The Good Side”, which previously peaked at #35. The fourth and final re-entry belongs to Passenger, as his single “Hell Or High Water” comes back at #14 following the release of his new album “Runaway”.

Other talking points this week: Cher gets her very first Top10 hit as “Gimme! Gimme! Gimme!” climbs 12-9. Calvin Harris and Sam Smith made a rather disappointing debut with their collaboration “Promises” two weeks ago, but the song is slowly climbing up the charts now, as it’s reaching the Top20 this week (22-15). Meanwhile, after an impressive run inside the Top10, Bebe Rexha’s “I’m A Mess” starts to fall down now (11-16), though the song gets certified with Platinum this week. It’s her second Platinum certified song, and the interesting thing is that from all of her ten chart entries so far, the two Platinum certified songs are also her only entries with no features so far. There’s another newly certified track this week, as Amy Shark collects her very first Gold certification for “I Said Hi” (16-21). Similar to “Promises”, “Shotgun” by George Ezra also didn’t have the best debut two weeks ago, but the song keeps on rising again, reaching the Top30 now (35-30). On the contrary, Aretha Franklin’s classic “Respect” already tumbles down 17-39 as expected. Last thing worth a mention: With Ariana Grande’s “The Light Is Coming”, Nicki Minaj’s “Bed”, Clean Bandit’s “Solo” and Tarja’s “Love To Hate”, some of the biggest hits of the year are leaving the Top40 now.

George Ezra’s “Shotgun” is the biggest climber while Aretha Franklin’s “Respect” is the biggest loser this week.
    [/spoiler:2d3gbpyk]
    1 (NEW) Carrie Underwood – Love Wins
    Chart Run: *1*- / 1w

2 (3) Ariana Grande – No Tears Left To Cry *P*
    Chart Run: *1*-1-4-9-5-3-4-9-12-8-9-5-2-3-6-8-10-1-3-2- / 20w

3 (5) Nick Jonas & Robin Schulz – Right Now
    Chart Run: 5-*3*- / 2w

4 (1) Amaranthe – 365
    Chart Run: 3-*1*-4- / 3w

5 (NEW) Northward – While Love Died
    Chart Run: *5*- / 1w

6 (4) Ariana Grande – God Is A Woman *G*
    Chart Run: *1*-2-1-1-1-2-4-6- / 8w

7 (2) BTS feat. Nicki Minaj – Idol
    Chart Run: *2*-7- / 2w

8 (6) Katja Krasavice – Sex Tape
    Chart Run: 10-*6*-8- / 3w

9 (12) Cher – Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight)
    Chart Run: 21-12-*9*- / 3w

10 (RE) Troye Sivan – Bloom
    Chart Run: 39-Out-RE *10*- / 2w

11 (RE) Troye Sivan – My My My!
    Chart Run: *11*-16-26-39-Out-RE 11- / 5w

12 (7) Vanessa Mai feat. Olexesh – Wir 2 immer 1 *G*
    Chart Run: 9-9-10-8-4-*3*-6-7-12- / 9w

13 (15) Jain – Alright
    Chart Run: 15-*13*- / 2w

14 (RE) Passenger – Hell Or High Water
    Chart Run: *13*-15-22-39-Out-RE 14- / 5w

15 (22) Calvin Harris & Sam Smith – Promises
    Chart Run: 26-22-*15*- / 3w

16 (11) Bebe Rexha – I’m A Mess *P*
    Chart Run: 5-5-6-*1*-4-4-2-3-4-8-11-16- / 12w

17 (10) Zedd & Elley Duhé – Happy Now
    Chart Run: 16-21-17-*7*-9-10-17- / 7w

18 (9) Alan Walker feat. Au/Ra & Tomine Harket – Darkside
    Chart Run: 3-*2*-2-7-9-18- / 6w

19 (8) Nicki Minaj – Ganja Burn
    Chart Run: *5*-8-19- / 3w

20 (14) Lindsey Stirling – First Light *G*
    Chart Run: *1*-3-5-5-5-6-6-11-14-20- / 10w

21 (16) Amy Shark – I Said Hi *G*
    Chart Run: 7-*1*-4-7-8-13-16-21- / 8w

22 (NEW) Muse – The Dark Side
    Chart Run: *22*- / 1w

23 (21) Halsey feat. Lauren Jauregui – Strangers *G*
    Chart Run: *2*-3-4-6-9-12-16-18-24-21-23- / 11w

24 (RE) Troye Sivan feat. Ariana Grande – Dance To This
    Chart Run: *6*-16-29-38-Out-RE 24- / 5w

25 (24) Dennis Lloyd – Nevermind
    Chart Run: *11*-13-20-24-25- / 5w

26 (20) Camila Cabello feat. Swae Lee – Real Friends
    Chart Run: *15*-20-26- / 3w

27 (13) Cardi B feat. Kehlani – Ring
    Chart Run: *13*-27- / 2w

28 (19) P!nk – Secrets
    Chart Run: *5*-5-12-19-28- / 5w

29 (18) Lo & Leduc – Im erschte Tram
    Chart Run: *18*-29- / 2w

30 (35) George Ezra – Shotgun
    Chart Run: 38-35-*30*- / 3w

31 (33) Nicki Minaj – Chun-Li
    Chart Run: *8*-9-13-35-Out-RE 9-16-33-31- / 8w

32 (29) Imagine Dragons – Natural
    Chart Run: *6*-7-13-16-23-29-32- / 7w

33 (28) Janet Jackson & Daddy Yankee – Made For Now
    Chart Run: *28*-33- / 2w

34 (25) Demi Lovato – Sober *G*
    Chart Run: *11*-11-13-14-18-11-14-14-19-25-34- / 11w

35 (32) Evanescence feat. Lindsey Stirling – Hi-Lo *G*
    Chart Run: *1*-4-10-13-14-16-23-28-31-28-37-32-35- / 13w

36 (NEW) Freya Ridings – Lost Without You
    Chart Run: *36*- / 1w

37 (26) Billie Eilish – You Should See Me In A Crown
    Chart Run: 13-14-*10*-11-18-26-37- / 7w

38 (30) Benny Blanco, Halsey & Khalid – Eastside
    Chart Run: *9*-12-17-30-38- / 5w

39 (17) Aretha Franklin – Respect
    Chart Run: *4*-17-39- / 3w

40 (23) Noah Cyrus & Lil Xan – Live Or Die
    Chart Run: *23*-40- / 2w

Out of Top40
    Out (27) Ariana Grande feat. Nicki Minaj – The Light Is Coming *G* (10w)
    Out (31) Nicki Minaj feat. Ariana Grande – Bed *G* (10w)
    Out (34) Liam Payne & French Montana – First Time (1w)
    Out (36) Jessie Reyez feat. Normani & Kehlani – Body Count (1w)
    Out (37) Clean Bandit feat. Demi Lovato – Solo *P* (15w)
    Out (38) Tarja – Love To Hate *G* (12w)
    Out (39) Charlie Puth – The Way I Am (7w)
    Out (40) David Guetta & Jason DeRulo feat. Nicki Minaj & Willy William – Goodbye (1w)

New certifications
    “I’m A Mess” by Bebe Rexha goes PLATINUM (400+ points)
    ”I Said Hi” by Amy Shark goes GOLD (250+ points)

Click here for the Certification Database
    ?

Comment

• Tansike
      Site Supporter
      • 28 Jan 2012

My Charts - week 36/2018 – 6 september 2018 - Love Wins
      • Album Top20

[spoiler:1a754k9q]Summer is coming to an end and as every year in Fall, there happen to be more new releases. Four of them were able to enter the charts this week, with one of them being a surprise release. However, even though there are many debuts and even some anticipated ones, Ariana Grande is able to regain the top spot with “Sweetener” (2-1). It’s only her second album with multiple weeks atop the charts following “My Everything”, and the first with non-consecutive weeks at number one. Her biggest competitor was an artist who also collaborated with Ariana on his album: Troye Sivan! The Australian singer has released his second album “Bloom” which makes a great start at #2. It’s his third entry on the Album Top20 following the “Wild” EP (peak #3, 7 weeks in the Top20 in 2015) and his debut full-length album “Blue Neighbourhood” (#4, 8 weeks also in 2015).

Other new entries this week: Singer-songwriter Passenger keeps on being very consistent and gets his fourth Top10 album in less than four years as his new set “Runaway” arrives at #5. Interestingly, his lowest peaking set “Whispers” (#6 in 2014) remains his biggest success to date, followed by the #2 peaking “Young As The Morning Old As The Sea” and last years #3 peaking “The Boy Who Cried Wolf”. The Swiss artist Sophie Hunger has released her first album full of English speaking songs called “Molecules” and her fifth studio album overall, which enters the charts at #6. It’s her second entry following “Supermoon”, which debuted and peaked at #4 in 2016. Last but not least, Eminem surprise-released a new album called “Kamikaze”. It’s already his second chart entry this year, as the previous release “Revival” debuted and peaked at #3 in the very first week of 2018 as his very first notation ever on the album charts, and the new set can’t keep up to that peak as it’s new at #8.

Other talking points this week: In its 20th week in the Top10, "My Indigo" by My Indigo (Sharon den Adel) is able to jump back up 9-4, what's its highest placing in over four months. It's the first album since 2015 to spend its first 20 consecutive weeks in the upper half of the charts, as Lena's "Crystal Sky" (22 weeks) and Nightwish's "Endless Forms Most Beautiful" (24 weeks) both did it in that year. It also becomes the first album with 20 or more weeks on the charts in 2018 so far. Surprisingly, the same happens to Ariana Grande’s “No Tears Left To Cry” on the Singles Top40, and both debuted at #1 on the Singles and Album Charts in the exact same week. Meanwhile, after ten weeks, Bebe Rexha’s “Expectations” falls out of the upper half for the first time (8-11). Tarja’s “Act II” also leaves the Top10 (7-12), same for Liam Payne’s “First Time” EP (6-18) and Aretha Franklin’s “30 Greatest Hits” (10-19), though both of them weren’t in the Top10 for that long. Finally, there’s also a certification on the Album Charts, as not only Amy Shark’s single “I Said Hi” goes Gold, but also her debut album “Love Monster” (12-16).
      [/spoiler:1a754k9q]
      1 (2) Ariana Grande – Sweetener
      Chart Run: *1*-2-1- / 3w

2 (NEW) Troye Sivan – Bloom
      Chart Run: *2*- / 1w

3 (1) Vanessa Mai – Schlager
      Chart Run: *1*-2-2-1-3- / 5w

4 (9) My Indigo – My Indigo *P*
      Chart Run: *1*-1-2-4-4-5-7-8-8-7-10-8-5-6-8-9-9-7-9-4- / 20w

5 (NEW) Passenger – Runaway
      Chart Run: *5*- / 1w

6 (NEW) Sophie Hunger – Molecules
      Chart Run: *6*- / 1w

7 (4) Jain – Souldier
      Chart Run: *4*-7- / 2w

8 (NEW) Eminem – Kamikaze
      Chart Run: *8*- / 1w

9 (3) BTS – Love Yourself: Answer
      Chart Run: *3*-9- / 2w

10 (5) Nicki Minaj – Queen
      Chart Run: *1*-3-5-10- / 4w

11 (8) Bebe Rexha – Expectations *G*
      Chart Run: *1*-1-1-1-2-2-3-4-6-8-11- / 11w

12 (7) Tarja – Act II
      Chart Run: *1*-2-3-4-7-12- / 6w

13 (16) Halestorm – Vicious
      Chart Run: *3*-6-8-10-16-13- / 6w

14 (11) Years & Years – Palo Santo *G*
      Chart Run: *2*-2-4-5-4-6-8-11-14- / 9w

15 (13) Ariana Grande – Dangerous Woman *P*
      Chart Run: *1*-2-2-2-2-2-4-5-8-10-13-17-Out-RE 14-7-11-6-10-16-Out-RE 16-Out-RE 3-8-12-Out-RE 16-17-17-20-Out-RE 12-13-15- / 29w

16 (12) Amy Shark – Love Monster *G*
      Chart Run: 3-*1*-6-8-10-11-12-16- / 8w

17 (14) Epica – Epica Vs. Attack On Titan Songs
      Chart Run: *3*-4-5-7-9-14-17- / 7w

18 (6) Liam Payne – First Time EP
      Chart Run: *6*-18- / 2w

19 (10) Aretha Franklin – 30 Greatest Hits
      Chart Run: *5*-10-19- / 3w

20 (17) Ariana Grande – My Everything *2xP*
      Chart Run: *1*-1-1-4-6-9-12-15-17-17-16-9-10-9-9-6-7-7-10-5-4-4-7-8-6-3-3-6-11-10-13-14-16-13-16-16-15-Out-RE 6-14-Out-RE 17-19-Out-RE 17-17-20- / 44w

Out of Top20
      Out (15) Cardi B – Invasion Of Privacy *G* (10w)
      Out (18) Anne-Marie – Speak Your Mind *G* (13w)
      Out (19) All Saints – Testament (5w)
      Out (20) Iggy Azalea – Survive The Summer (4w)

New certifications
      ”Love Monster” by Amy Shark goes GOLD (100+ points)

Comment

• heppolo
        Legend
        • 17 May 2009

Re: My Charts - week 36 - Love Wins

Chart Run: *22*- / 1w

I am on the fence about this, it's not a bad song, but there is something very NewRetroWave about this and I feel like Muse is trying to jump on that train.
        Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• Tansike
          Site Supporter
          • 28 Jan 2012

^ It's actually the best song of the ones we already know from their upcoming album for me, but still much weaker than some of their earlier stuff. Will be interesting to hear how the whole album will sound like...

Comment

• JakeP
            Superstar
            • 19 Aug 2013

Hi Tansike

Wow, Carrie has done incredibly well to get a #1 debut this week. I love the chorus so much, it really sells the song to me and as such this also charted at #3 in my latest chart.

Extraordinary. <3 This is now spending its 21st week in my top 20 - just one more week and it will have equalled the all time chart record of 22 weeks spent on my chart; shared by Hello and Take me to church.

Gosh, the album release really did boost your love for Bloom then. I listened to Troye's entire album via YouTube but i have admit, whilst i enjoyed the album tracks, i would've like a couple more bops.

Nice to see Calvin & Sam continuing their climb up the chart. The song was growing on me anyways but then the music video was released and i thought it was fabulous. <3

...and another chart with Muse entering. I wonder if the song would've had the same impact had it been released as the first single. It's still impressive to see Muse getting some love on UK Mix.

Aww i'm delighted to see Freya getting a chart debut here. <3 Whilst the song may have dropped out of my top 5 this weekend it's still amongst my favourite songs around at the moment.

Comment

• crystalphoenix
              Site Supporter
              • 29 Nov 2007

Originally posted by Tansike
              Awww… now this makes me kinda happy to hear I’m not the only one with situations like this. True, and it definitely wasn’t the ‘normal’ meeting-the-parents-of-your-partner-situation, as we lived there for two weeks and so it was obvious that we couldn’t talk all the time and there ‘had’ to be situations like this. Haha, no, I already had some situations where it was clear I’m going on someones nerves. For example at work… I usually arrive here (‘here’ because I’m writing this at my work ) before 7am, which is very early, and my boss is usually that early as well. So when I arrive and she’s already here, I can already talk to her about lots of blablabla topics and many people (she included sometimes, but it still is kinda okay cause she knows how I am) can’t handle that early in the morning. I couldn’t handle it myself, but I just have to talk about whatever. Like what I saw when I drove to work. Or what happened. Or what came to my mind. Like really tiny things
              You ARRIVE before 7:00am? Damn, so when do you wake up? I know you're quite stylish/fashionable, so you must have to budget a decent chunk of time to get ready in the morning too. When you say your boss is included sometimes, does that mean you're sh*t talking ABOUT your boss to her face first thing in the morning? On one hand, people should obviously consider themselves lucky that you open up to them like that, sharing all your thoughts and feelings so readily...but maybe not at 7:00am.

Actually, no, there were no certain tracks which stood out... but the slow tracks made better impressions on me than I remembered, as I always thought some of them were quite boring which was also the main reason why “Red” was my least favorite album from her so far. “Red” and “Speak Now” both actually made the impression of a strong body of work to me, they’re quite perfect as a whole and as they are. That was also the reason why I didn’t even listen to “Reputation” in full, because the tracks didn’t really belong together there, at least that’s how I felt it. Oh, I thought you added “Number 1 Angel” to your library especially because Charli was SMASHING on your charts for some time
              As much as I love Red, it does have several super-slow songs that blur together a bit: "Treacherous," "All Too Well," "I Almost Do," "Sad Beautiful Tragic," etc.

Charli hadn't quite won me over enough at that point to check out a full album/mixtape of hers yet (and I didn't have Apple Music either) By the time Pop 2 dropped, I took the time to explore the whole thing (and was really glad I did! It's a bit hit-or-miss overall, but its high points are quite high for me).

Yay! I already saw her re-entries on your charts this week and wondered if our talking about her was the reason behind that Yes, “Never Forget You” was a huge smash on my charts and one of the very rare songs to get over 1,000 chart points. But I knew you weren’t the biggest fan of Zara, so everything is a plus for me, and a chart entry & Gold certification are definitely much better than no entry at all. Side note… but “Never Forget You” is not only one of the biggest chart hits, but also one of my absolute favorite songs overall (plus favorite videos too). Some of its lyrics were very fitting to me as it actually came out during a time when I first started to really think about breaking up with my ex…

And they both were very successful on mine It’s interesting how we have different opinions on these ‘new’ pop girls. You really love Dua’s album, but she’s actually the one who impressed me the least of these for example.
              Now I've gotta ask: what are all the songs with 1,000+ points?

Ha, sad but true The announcement of Dua's upcoming Complete Edition and the release of "Want To" prompted me to re-visit her album over the weekend, and so much of it still sounds so good to me!

Yep, definitely. I don’t even remember the album tracks nowadays. “Try” and “Just Give Me A Reason” were awesome, but the other singles didn’t do much for me and I have to admit I don’t even remember its lead single… but I guess that must be “Blow Me”, right? Did you enjoy the other singles?
              Aw, "Blow Me" was totally up my alley but I'm glad that/understand why she finally switched up her sassy-lead-single-formula with "What About Us." "Try" is actually my least favorite of that album's four main/international singles.

<3 who says I’m wearing something though?

Yeah. The intro is sooo beautiful to wake up to and once the song starts to ‘pick up’, you really get in a mood to go up.

Thanks for checking out my latest #1! Amaranthe is well known in that genre for combining three vocal styles: clear female voice, clear male voice and male growls (the throat-y one). They are doing that on basically every song, which can be exhausting sometimes as I enjoy the female vocalist the most by far. The part you’ve mentioned (‘365 in a day…’) is my favorite part and is just SO good, which was the reason why this hit #1. Very happy to read your positive feedback for that song!
              It's really cool that they've made that blend their signature style (even if it'd be nice to hear a bit more from the female member sometimes...)

It’s quite shocking how successful BTS are in the US compared to other countries, especially because it’s such a difficult market for foreign-language acts as you say. So you’re overall not the biggest BTS fan or you’re quite familiar with their stuff? “Idol” is such a guilty pleasure and it’s the first time I’ve started to really check them out, and my gosh, their dancing skills are sexy af
              I have a handful of random singles from BTS, but "DNA" and now "IDOL" are their only Top 10 hits on my chart so far. K-Pop choreography is UNREAL! The complexity and dedication to their dance routines completely puts Western pop groups to shame.

Aww. So this means you also didn’t enjoy last years “Find You”? I think Nick is releasing some nice tunes and “Right Now” could end up as my fave of him
              "Find You" didn't do much for me at the time (peaked at No. 15 and fell off after only 2 weeks), but I should re-visit it again now. I didn't realize/expect that "Right Now" stood out from his other stuff THAT much for you!

3 (5) Nick Jonas & Robin Schulz – Right Now
              4 (1) Amaranthe – 365
              6 (4) Ariana Grande – God Is A Woman *G*
              7 (2) BTS feat. Nicki Minaj – Idol
              9 (12) Cher – Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight)
              11 (RE) Troye Sivan – My My My!
              16 (11) Bebe Rexha – I’m A Mess *P*
              17 (10) Zedd & Elley Duhé – Happy Now
              18 (9) Alan Walker feat. Au/Ra & Tomine Harket – Darkside
              19 (8) Nicki Minaj – Ganja Burn
              20 (14) Lindsey Stirling – First Light *G*
              21 (16) Amy Shark – I Said Hi *G*
              23 (21) Halsey feat. Lauren Jauregui – Strangers *G*
              24 (RE) Troye Sivan feat. Ariana Grande – Dance To This
              26 (20) Camila Cabello feat. Swae Lee – Real Friends
              28 (19) P!nk – Secrets
              30 (35) George Ezra – Shotgun
              32 (29) Imagine Dragons – Natural
              33 (28) Janet Jackson & Daddy Yankee – Made For Now
              34 (25) Demi Lovato – Sober *G*
              35 (32) Evanescence feat. Lindsey Stirling – Hi-Lo *G*
              38 (30) Benny Blanco, Halsey & Khalid – Eastside
              39 (17) Aretha Franklin – Respect
              Looks like love really does win after all! Though it sounds like it benefited from a slower week overall? I forgot that "Cry Pretty" tumbled off after only four weeks! Now to see if "Love Wins" will fare any better. I'm not quite as hooked on it as you (and others) seem to be, but it definitely does more for me than "The Champion" or "Cry Pretty," at least!
              • You weren't kidding about "Right Now" having a big impact on you! Has Nick had any other Top 10's here besides this, "Find You," and "Close"?
              • A bit bummed that a rebounding Sweetener blocked Bloom, but its effect on your singles chart is pretty awesome - especially that MUCH better new peak for the title track!

Yet another chart that's a clear winner, Tansike!
              last.fm​ ❖ Top 30

Comment

• Mainshow
                Legend
                • 06 Apr 2012

I am so glad we agree on "Sweetener". It is indeed a good album and tbh, I somehow don't mind the Pharrell tracks on the album anymore but "die vegetieren so vor sich hin"... it could have been the record of the year but it just ended up being a cohesive body of work with very few absolutely amazing highlights.

Carrie's back to slay on your chart haha. - Just listened to the song because of the link you provided (btw, that's really a nice idea)... it's so effing cheesy and sugar-y, I think my teeth hurt... if I hear about "we are all sisters and brothers" in a song, I immediately have to think about church and stuff.. anyway, the melody is quite nice and I appreciate the effort. It's a very important message to sing about but after all, the song itself ain't my cup of tea.

Northward's great debut isn't that surprising even though I think #5 is quite high for a solid but mediocre effort.

Amazing re-entries for Troye! I am surprised the songs didn't do better on your chart. They all deserve some love.
                Mainshow Goes Diva: Kylie Minogue

Comment

• Tansike
                  Site Supporter
                  • 28 Jan 2012

Originally posted by JakeP
                  Hi Tansike

Wow, Carrie has done incredibly well to get a #1 debut this week. I love the chorus so much, it really sells the song to me and as such this also charted at #3 in my latest chart.
                  Hey Jake

I have to admit Carrie was very lucky with that week as it wasn’t very competitive. I’m very excited for her upcoming album which comes out this week, as “Storyteller” (the previous album) is one of my most favorite albums ever. Already saw her debut on your charts and was shocked in a positive way, have to leave a comment as soon as possible

Extraordinary. <3 This is now spending its 21st week in my top 20 - just one more week and it will have equalled the all time chart record of 22 weeks spent on my chart; shared by Hello and Take me to church.
                  Amazing and well deserved <3 As you can see, her run on my charts is also very outstanding.

Gosh, the album release really did boost your love for Bloom then. I listened to Troye's entire album via YouTube but i have admit, whilst i enjoyed the album tracks, i would've like a couple more bops.
                  It did – finally! I get what you mean as I feel similar, but I still enjoy “Bloom” a lot and it’s definitely his best release so far for me. Also, “Bloom” is actually in my Top3 together with “My My My” and “Plum” now, and I’m even surprised how it didn’t click with me earlier…

Nice to see Calvin & Sam continuing their climb up the chart. The song was growing on me anyways but then the music video was released and i thought it was fabulous. <3
                  Same here. The track keeps on growing on me and could turn into a surprise hit for both on my charts.

...and another chart with Muse entering. I wonder if the song would've had the same impact had it been released as the first single. It's still impressive to see Muse getting some love on UK Mix.
                  True. This is probably the best thing from their upcoming album so far, but it’s still far behind the stuff they released years ago.

Aww i'm delighted to see Freya getting a chart debut here. <3 Whilst the song may have dropped out of my top 5 this weekend it's still amongst my favourite songs around at the moment.
                  <3 I knew you would love to see that entry, though I feel kinda ‘sorry’ that she didn’t enter my charts at a higher position. But it’s definitely not over yet

Comment

• Tansike
                    Site Supporter
                    • 28 Jan 2012

Originally posted by phoenix98
                    You ARRIVE before 7:00am? Damn, so when do you wake up? I know you're quite stylish/fashionable, so you must have to budget a decent chunk of time to get ready in the morning too. When you say your boss is included sometimes, does that mean you're sh*t talking ABOUT your boss to her face first thing in the morning? On one hand, people should obviously consider themselves lucky that you open up to them like that, sharing all your thoughts and feelings so readily...but maybe not at 7:00am.
                    Usually I do, yes. It really depends… like today, I wanted to go up at 5:07am (yes, I’m a nerd and can’t put my alarm clock on straight numbers ) but didn’t really go up until 5:45… then I had to prepare myself (taking shower and stuff) and left at around 6:25. I arrived in the office at 6:45 then. Aw, thank you… I don’t even see me as stylish/fashionable at all (I’m probably just showing the best of me on social media ). Ah no, sorry, I meant she’s included into the bunch of people who can’t handle my ‘blablablas’ early in the morning all the time

As much as I love Red, it does have several super-slow songs that blur together a bit: "Treacherous," "All Too Well," "I Almost Do," "Sad Beautiful Tragic," etc.

Charli hadn't quite won me over enough at that point to check out a full album/mixtape of hers yet (and I didn't have Apple Music either) By the time Pop 2 dropped, I took the time to explore the whole thing (and was really glad I did! It's a bit hit-or-miss overall, but its high points are quite high for me).
                    But you still enjoy them, do you? Because previously I didn’t enjoy most of them, but now I did. It makes the album very cohesive.

Oh wow, I had no idea! I think “Number 1 Angel” is quite similar to “Pop 2” so if you liked one of them, you could like the other one as well.

Now I've gotta ask: what are all the songs with 1,000+ points?

Ha, sad but true The announcement of Dua's upcoming Complete Edition and the release of "Want To" prompted me to re-visit her album over the weekend, and so much of it still sounds so good to me!
                    I won’t reveal the exact points now but here are all songs with 1,000+ chart points:

[spoiler:1y3iaaqh]Adele – Someone Like You (2011)
                    Anette Olzon – Lies (2014)
                    Ariana Grande feat. Zedd – Break Free (2014)
                    Ashley Tisdale – Be Good To Me (2008)
                    Ashley Tisdale – Suddenly (2008)
                    Bruno Mars – Locked Out Of Heaven (2012)
                    Calvin Harris feat. Ellie Goulding – I Need Your Love (2013)
                    Ed Sheeran – I See Fire (2014)
                    Ellie Goulding – Burn (2013)
                    Kerli – Army Of Love (2010)
                    Kerli – Walking On Air (2008)
                    Kerli – Zero Gravity (2012)
                    Lady Gaga – Bad Romance (2009)
                    Lana Del Rey – Born To Die (2011)
                    Lana Del Rey – Video Games (2011)
                    Lily Allen – Not Fair (2009)
                    Lindsey Stirling – Crystallize (2013)
                    Lindsey Stirling feat. Lzzy Hale – Shatter Me (2014)
                    Loreen – Euphoria (2012)
                    Miley Cyrus – See You Again (2008)
                    Miley Cyrus – The Climb (2009)
                    Miley Cyrus – Wrecking Ball (2013)
                    Nightwish – Élan (2015)
                    OneRepublic – Counting Stars (2013)
                    Selena Gomez & The Scene – Love You Like A Love Song (2011)
                    Zara Larsson & MNEK – Never Forget You (2015)[/spoiler:1y3iaaqh]

So that are 26 songs in nearly 12 years of ‘My Charts’. What’s interesting is that the last song which reached that milestone came out in 2015, so none of the 2016-2018 releases made it so far. 2013 spawned the most 1,000-hits with five.

Also, Kerli and Miley are tied with three songs each as the ones with most songs over 1,000 points, though Kerli even nearly has a fourth as “Feral Hearts” from 2016 currently has 999 points and may get there with the upcoming album release.

Some of them are even surprising to me, like Bruno’s “Locked Out Of Heaven”. While big artists like Katy Perry or Rihanna have none.

Oh, good for Dua! I’ve read about that edition too and it’s definitely a cool thing for her fans & to make the gap between now and her next album a little bit shorter.

Aw, "Blow Me" was totally up my alley but I'm glad that/understand why she finally switched up her sassy-lead-single-formula with "What About Us." "Try" is actually my least favorite of that album's four main/international singles.
                    Ah… so it was a hit for her on your charts? Yes, I liked her change to another lead-single-formula and it really worked with “What About Us”. I’m surprised to hear your thoughts about “Try”. Its video alone is already so good, but the song also is quite powerful to me. JGMAR remains my favorite song of that era though.

<3

It's really cool that they've made that blend their signature style (even if it'd be nice to hear a bit more from the female member sometimes...)
                    True. I don’t think there’s another band doing something similar. It’s also cool to see it working well for them on a commercial basis. Last week I completely forgot that there was a ballad on their last album where only the female singer sung, so they actually already tried this out

I have a handful of random singles from BTS, but "DNA" and now "IDOL" are their only Top 10 hits on my chart so far. K-Pop choreography is UNREAL! The complexity and dedication to their dance routines completely puts Western pop groups to shame.
                    Ah okay It really is! I wonder how long it took them to get to a level like that

"Find You" didn't do much for me at the time (peaked at No. 15 and fell off after only 2 weeks), but I should re-visit it again now. I didn't realize/expect that "Right Now" stood out from his other stuff THAT much for you!
                    It really does at the moment and i’m quite confident to say it will become his first certified single ever

Looks like love really does win after all! Though it sounds like it benefited from a slower week overall? I forgot that "Cry Pretty" tumbled off after only four weeks! Now to see if "Love Wins" will fare any better. I'm not quite as hooked on it as you (and others) seem to be, but it definitely does more for me than "The Champion" or "Cry Pretty," at least!
                    • You weren't kidding about "Right Now" having a big impact on you! Has Nick had any other Top 10's here besides this, "Find You," and "Close"?
                    • A bit bummed that a rebounding Sweetener blocked Bloom, but its effect on your singles chart is pretty awesome - especially that MUCH better new peak for the title track!

Yet another chart that's a clear winner, Tansike!
                    Yes, Carrie was lucky having released in a less competitive week. I’m already quite over the song and “Love Wins” will have a considerably big drop from #1 this week. But the album is out very soon, so it could go up again.

Yes, “Levels” and “Jealous” also made the Top10, though “Levels” left the charts after four weeks. Here's Nick's discography for all his entries so far, and as you can see, he may have some Top10 peaks, but all but “Jealous” didn’t stay on the charts for too long. In fact, his second lowest peaking entry so far is his most successful one to date.

I’m finally into “Bloom” (the song) I can’t believe the album release had such a strong effect on a song which I didn’t really enjoy previously. Ariana & Troye are both going really strong at the moment and it looks they will battle for the #1 this week as well.

Thanks so much

Comment

• Tansike
                      Site Supporter
                      • 28 Jan 2012

Originally posted by Mainshow
                      I am so glad we agree on "Sweetener". It is indeed a good album and tbh, I somehow don't mind the Pharrell tracks on the album anymore but "die vegetieren so vor sich hin"... it could have been the record of the year but it just ended up being a cohesive body of work with very few absolutely amazing highlights.

Carrie's back to slay on your chart haha. - Just listened to the song because of the link you provided (btw, that's really a nice idea)... it's so effing cheesy and sugar-y, I think my teeth hurt... if I hear about "we are all sisters and brothers" in a song, I immediately have to think about church and stuff.. anyway, the melody is quite nice and I appreciate the effort. It's a very important message to sing about but after all, the song itself ain't my cup of tea.

Northward's great debut isn't that surprising even though I think #5 is quite high for a solid but mediocre effort.

Amazing re-entries for Troye! I am surprised the songs didn't do better on your chart. They all deserve some love.
                      Ah i feel completely similar with "Sweetener"! At first i was annoyed by the Pharrell tracks but i'm fine with them now, but as you say, they're just there. One can listen to them but they have zero effect on me. It definitely would have been a huge disappointment without the three singles, but these are just so amazing that it makes the whole album good again.

Are you familiar with Carrie? Haha... i get what you mean, but i still like it Glad you checked it out!

Looking forward to Northward's next song, as i'm already completely over "While Love Died" and their second week drop will be quite shocking for a NW-related project

They do get some love now <3 Apart from "My My My", none of the singles really impressed me so far, but i'm very glad the album release changed that. Very glad to hear you're liking them too

Comment

• Tansike
                        Site Supporter
                        • 28 Jan 2012

My Charts - week 37/2018 – 13 september 2018 - calm before the storm
                        • Singles Top40

[spoiler:xza2usti]It’s the calm before the storm… as while there were a few new releases this week, some highly anticipated new releases are expected to arrive on the next charts and will definitely bring lots of changes into the Top40. As for this week, there’s also a new entry atop the charts and it’s writing a little bit of history. For the first time ever since streaming took over my charts over three years ago, a song enters my charts based on being solely released on YouTube. This used to happen before the streaming era as well, but didn’t happen ever since and especially not atop the charts. The lucky one is Romanian dance-pop queen Inna, who has released the video for the song “No Help”. It’s her 18th chart entry and also the 18th Top10 peak, plus it’s her third chart topper following “More Than Friends” in 2013 and “Heaven” in 2016.

Ariana Grande’s “No Tears Left To Cry” stays a second week at number two, having nearly made it back to the top. Her other charting single “God Is A Woman” also returns to the Top5 (6-5).

Other new and re-entries this week: Noah Cyrus keeps on releasing singles which are either hit or miss. Her song “Live Or Die” makes it to a third week on the charts (40-37), but there’s already a follow-up called “Mad At You”, a collaboration with Gallant. The song makes a very strong arrival at #3, becoming her third Top3 hit following the Platinum certified “Again” (#2) and her number one single “My Way”. It’s already her tenth chart entry in nearly two years, with half of them having a peak in the Top20 and the other half having peaked below the Top20. Being described as ‘an American contemporary Christian music singer-songwriter’, Lauren Daigle makes her charts debut with “You Say” at #15. “Electricity” enters the charts at #24 for the all star collaboration between Silk City, Dua Lipa, Diplo and Mark Ronson. Following “7 Years” (#13 in 2016) and “You’re Not There” (#22 in 2017), Danish group Lukas Graham get their third chart entry as their new single “Love Someone” is new at #36 as the fifth and final new entry of the week.

Apart from the new entries, there are also four re-entries in the Top40. It’s only September, but Violinist Lindsey Stirling is already preparing herself for the upcoming Christmas season. Following last years success of her Christmas album “Warmer In The Winter”, she decided to do a re-release which will come out next month, with the pre-order being released last Friday. The announcement alone is the reason for the re-entry of “Carol Of The Bells” (#23), which stands a big chance of becoming the Christmas number one song for yet another year. German-Spanish singer Alvaro Soler has released his second album which brings back the single “La cintura” (#29). Also following an album release, MNEK owns two re-entries this week. Even though the debut album by the singer-songwriter doesn’t have the highest debut on the album charts this week, his singles “Tongue” (#27) and “Colour” with Hailee Steinfeld (#30) are able to pull little comebacks.

Other talking points this week: Carrie Underwood’s “Love Wins” has a rather big drop from the top spot as the track falls 1-8. Meanwhile, a second week into the album release, Troye Sivan still does very well and both, “Bloom” (10-7) and “My My My!” (11-10) reach new peaks this week as well. The latter becomes his third Top10 this year, with the other one being “Dance To This” (24-33). The boost from Troye Sivan’s album really reminds of Shawn Mendes’ album release from earlier this year. The Canadian singer also already had a few chart entries and only one Top10, but following the album release, he scored two other Top10 hits and became as successful as never before. Jain’s “Alright” (13-11) and Calvin Harris & Sam Smith’s “Promises” (15-12) both reach new peaks just outside the Top10 too. Also worth a mention but due to something negative is Northward’s “While Love Died”. The track just entered the charts inside the Top5 a week ago but already drops 5-19 this week, which is quite shocking considering how well other similar projects such as The Dark Element, Auri or My Indigo did this year.

Nicki Minaj’s “Ganja Burn” is the biggest climber (19-14) while Muse’ “The Dark Side” is the biggest loser this week (22-38).
                        [/spoiler:xza2usti]
                        1 (NEW) Inna – No Help

2 (2) Ariana Grande – No Tears Left To Cry *P*
                        Chart Run: *1*-1-4-9-5-3-4-9-12-8-9-5-2-3-6-8-10-1-3-2-2- / 21w

3 (NEW) Noah Cyrus & Gallant – Mad At You
                        Chart Run: *3*- / 1w

4 (3) Nick Jonas & Robin Schulz – Right Now
                        Chart Run: 5-*3*-4- / 3w

5 (6) Ariana Grande – God Is A Woman *G*
                        Chart Run: *1*-2-1-1-1-2-4-6-5- / 9w

6 (7) BTS feat. Nicki Minaj – Idol
                        Chart Run: *2*-7-6- / 3w

7 (10) Troye Sivan – Bloom
                        Chart Run: 39-Out-RE 10-*7*- / 3w

8 (1) Carrie Underwood – Love Wins
                        Chart Run: *1*-8- / 2w

9 (4) Amaranthe – 365
                        Chart Run: 3-*1*-4-9- / 4w

10 (11) Troye Sivan – My My My!
                        Chart Run: 11-16-26-39-Out-RE 11-*10*- / 6w

11 (13) Jain – Alright
                        Chart Run: 15-13-*11*- / 3w

12 (15) Calvin Harris & Sam Smith – Promises
                        Chart Run: 26-22-15-*12*- / 4w

13 (9) Cher – Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight)
                        Chart Run: 21-12-*9*-13- / 4w

14 (19) Nicki Minaj – Ganja Burn
                        Chart Run: *5*-8-19-14- / 4w

15 (NEW) Lauren Daigle – You Say
                        Chart Run: *15*- / 1w

16 (8) Katja Krasavice – Sex Tape
                        Chart Run: 10-*6*-8-16- / 4w

17 (20) Lindsey Stirling – First Light *G*
                        Chart Run: *1*-3-5-5-5-6-6-11-14-20-17- / 11w

18 (12) Vanessa Mai feat. Olexesh – Wir 2 immer 1 *G*
                        Chart Run: 9-9-10-8-4-*3*-6-7-12-18- / 10w

19 (5) Northward – While Love Died
                        Chart Run: *5*-19- / 2w

20 (16) Bebe Rexha – I’m A Mess *P*
                        Chart Run: 5-5-6-*1*-4-4-2-3-4-8-11-16-20- / 13w

21 (14) Passenger – Hell Or High Water
                        Chart Run: *13*-15-22-39-Out-RE 14-21- / 6w

22 (21) Amy Shark – I Said Hi *G*
                        Chart Run: 7-*1*-4-7-8-13-16-21-22- / 9w

23 (RE) Lindsey Stirling – Carol Of The Bells
                        Chart Run: *1*-2-2-1-3-10-13-21-29-32-Out-RE 36-Out-RE 23- / 12w

24 (NEW) Silk City, Dua Lipa feat. Diplo & Mark Ronson – Electricity
                        Chart Run: *24*- / 1w

25 (18) Alan Walker feat. Au/Ra & Tomine Harket – Darkside
                        Chart Run: 3-*2*-2-7-9-18-25- / 7w

26 (23) Halsey feat. Lauren Jauregui – Strangers *G*
                        Chart Run: *2*-3-4-6-9-12-16-18-24-21-23-26- / 12w

27 (RE) MNEK – Tongue
                        Chart Run: *24*-Out-RE 27- / 2w

28 (17) Zedd & Elley Duhé – Happy Now
                        Chart Run: 16-21-17-*7*-9-10-17-28- / 8w

29 (RE) Alvaro Soler – La cintura
                        Chart Run: *16*-24-Out-RE 29- / 3w

30 (RE) MNEK feat. Hailee Steinfeld – Colour
                        Chart Run: *11*-22-Out-RE 30- / 3w

31 (25) Dennis Lloyd – Nevermind
                        Chart Run: *11*-13-20-24-25-31- / 6w

32 (28) P!nk – Secrets
                        Chart Run: *5*-5-12-19-28-32- / 6w

33 (24) Troye Sivan feat. Ariana Grande – Dance To This
                        Chart Run: *6*-16-29-38-Out-RE 24-33- / 6w

34 (36) Freya Ridings – Lost Without You
                        Chart Run: 36-*34*- / 2w

35 (26) Camila Cabello feat. Swae Lee – Real Friends
                        Chart Run: *15*-20-26-35- / 4w

36 (NEW) Lukas Graham – Love Someone

37 (40) Noah Cyrus & Lil Xan – Live Or Die
                        Chart Run: *23*-40-37- / 3w

38 (22) Muse – The Dark Side
                        Chart Run: *22*-38- / 2w

39 (30) George Ezra – Shotgun
                        Chart Run: 38-35-*30*-39- / 4w

40 (34) Demi Lovato – Sober *G*
                        Chart Run: *11*-11-13-14-18-11-14-14-19-25-34-40- / 12w

Out of Top40
                        Out (27) Cardi B feat. Kehlani – Ring (2w)
                        Out (29) Lo & Leduc – Im erschte Tram (2w)
                        Out (31) Nicki Minaj – Chun-Li (8w)
                        Out (32) Imagine Dragons – Natural (7w)
                        Out (33) Janet Jackson & Daddy Yankee – Made For Now (2w)
                        Out (35) Evanescence feat. Lindsey Stirling – Hi-Lo *G* (13w)
                        Out (37) Billie Eilish – You Should See Me In A Crown (7w)
                        Out (38) Benny Blanco, Halsey & Khalid – Eastside (5w)
                        Out (39) Aretha Franklin – Respect (3w)

New certifications
                        none

?

Comment

• Tansike
                          Site Supporter
                          • 28 Jan 2012

My Charts - week 37/2018 – 13 september 2018 - calm before the storm
                          • Album Top20

[spoiler:33hf2irh]Ariana Grande and Troye Sivan both had the most successful albums for yet another week, and it wasn’t even a competition compared to the others. Looking at the Singles Top40, it’s probably not even the biggest surprise. In the end, it was Ariana who won the battle again, which gives “Sweetener” a third week atop the charts, making it only the fourth album to do so this year. Troye’s “Bloom” therefor spends a second week at number two.

Rounding up the Top3 is the first of five new entries. Beyond The Black is a German symphonic metal band, who have released their third album “Heart Of The Hurricane” two weeks ago. It becomes their very first chart notation by arriving at #3.

Other new entries this week: Alvaro Soler’s second album “Mar de colores” is new at #4, which is four spots higher than the debut and peak position of his first album “Eterno Agosto”. Interestingly, “Eterno Agosto” debuted in the exact same week three years ago. Singer-songwriter MNEK finally gets his first entry on the album charts as his debut release “Language” is new at #9. Also doing her chart debut is Lauren Daigle, as her second studio album “Look Up Child” debuts at #13. It’s likely to go up in the upcoming weeks considering her first single notation “You Say” just arrived now and keeps on making a good impression. The fifth and last new album of the week belongs to Irish musician Hozier. His self-titled debut album peaked at #6 in early 2015 and spawned the hit “Take Me To Church”, which was a massive hit all over the world. Unfortunately, it got quiet rather fast around him and his new EP “Nina Cried Power” also has a rather weak start at #16.

Other talking points this week: It’s a good week when it comes to certifications. German Schlager-pop singer Vanessa Mai gets her second album certification as Schlager goes Gold after six weeks in the Top5 (3-5). Also going Gold is Tarja’s live release “Act II”, which even returns into the Top10 this week (12-8). All of her 12 chart entries on the album charts are at least Gold certified now. Last but not least, Bebe Rexha’s “Expectations” goes Platinum (11-12). It’s only the second album being released in 2018 to do so. Finally, also worth a mention, Sophie Hunger’s “Molecules” (6-18) and Eminem’s “Kamikaze” (9-18) just debuted in the Top2 on the official Swiss Album Charts, but both have big drops on my charts.
                          [/spoiler:33hf2irh]
                          1 (1) Ariana Grande – Sweetener
                          Chart Run: *1*-2-1-1- / 4w

2 (2) Troye Sivan – Bloom
                          Chart Run: *2*-2- / 2w

3 (NEW) Beyond The Black – Heart Of The Hurricane

4 (NEW) Alvaro Soler – Mar de colores
                          Chart Run: *4*- / 1w

5 (3) Vanessa Mai – Schlager *G*
                          Chart Run: *1*-2-2-1-3-5- / 6w

6 (4) My Indigo – My Indigo *P*
                          Chart Run: *1*-1-2-4-4-5-7-8-8-7-10-8-5-6-8-9-9-7-9-4-6- / 21w

7 (10) Nicki Minaj – Queen
                          Chart Run: *1*-3-5-10-7- / 5w

8 (12) Tarja – Act II *G*
                          Chart Run: *1*-2-3-4-7-12-8- / 7w

9 (NEW) MNEK – Language
                          Chart Run: *9*- / 1w

10 (5) Passenger – Runaway
                          Chart Run: *5*-10- / 2w

11 (7) Jain – Souldier
                          Chart Run: *4*-7-11- / 3w

12 (11) Bebe Rexha – Expectations *P*
                          Chart Run: *1*-1-1-1-2-2-3-4-6-8-11-12- / 12w

13 (NEW) Lauren Daigle – Look Up Child
                          Chart Run: *13*- / 1w

14 (9) BTS – Love Yourself: Answer
                          Chart Run: *3*-9-14- / 3w

15 (13) Halestorm – Vicious
                          Chart Run: *3*-6-8-10-16-13-15- / 7w

16 (NEW) Hozier – Nina Cried Power EP
                          Chart Run: *16*- / 1w

17 (14) Years & Years – Palo Santo *G*
                          Chart Run: *2*-2-4-5-4-6-8-11-14-17- / 10w

18 (6) Sophie Hunger – Molecules
                          Chart Run: *6*-18- / 3w

19 (8) Eminem – Kamikaze
                          Chart Run: *8*-19- / 2w

20 (16) Amy Shark – Love Monster *G*
                          Chart Run: 3-*1*-6-8-10-11-12-16-20- / 9w

Out of Top20
                          Out (15) Ariana Grande – Dangerous Woman *P* (29w)
                          Out (17) Epica – Epica Vs. Attack On Titan Songs (7w)
                          Out (18) Liam Payne – First Time EP (2w)
                          Out (19) Aretha Franklin – 30 Greatest Hits (3w)
                          Out (20) Ariana Grande – My Everything *2xP* (44w)

New certifications
                          “Expectations” by Bebe Rexha goes PLATINUM (200+ points)
                          ”Act II” by Tarja and “Schlager” by Vanessa Mai go GOLD (100+ points)

Comment

• crystalphoenix
                            Site Supporter
                            • 29 Nov 2007

Usually I do, yes. It really depends… like today, I wanted to go up at 5:07am (yes, I’m a nerd and can’t put my alarm clock on straight numbers ) but didn’t really go up until 5:45… then I had to prepare myself (taking shower and stuff) and left at around 6:25. I arrived in the office at 6:45 then. Aw, thank you… I don’t even see me as stylish/fashionable at all (I’m probably just showing the best of me on social media ). Ah no, sorry, I meant she’s included into the bunch of people who can’t handle my ‘blablablas’ early in the morning all the time
                            Ha, that's a really cute quirk! You say "nerd," I say "adorkable" ;) I'm basically the opposite: I try to make sure that all my posts are submitted at times that end in 0 or 5 (and the same goes for sending emails) Well, since she hasn't fired you yet, I guess she doesn't mind your "blablablas" THAT much (or you're such a valuable asset to the team that she's willing to put up with almost anything from you...)

But you still enjoy them, do you? Because previously I didn’t enjoy most of them, but now I did. It makes the album very cohesive.

Oh wow, I had no idea! I think “Number 1 Angel” is quite similar to “Pop 2” so if you liked one of them, you could like the other one as well.
                            Eh, I can appreciate "All Too Well" and "I Almost Do"..."Treacherous" is OK...but "Sad Beautiful Tragic" would rank toward the very bottom of Red for me/I don't think it would've been a loss to cut it.

I won’t reveal the exact points now but here are all songs with 1,000+ chart points:
                            Wow, Queen Kerli tied for the most entries on that list despite only having one full album (so far) - AND she's just one point away from having the top honor all to herself! #icon

I don't keep an ongoing/all-time point system (aside from certifications), but "Break Free" and "Love You Like A Love Song" were massive hits for me too. Cute to see Lily's "Not Fair" make the list - that one's SUCH cheeky fun! The post-2015 dry spell you mentioned is interesting. Is it just a matter of not enough time having passed for songs to rack up that many points, or has it been somewhat of a drought for music that deeply connects with you? Bit of both, I guess? Are any hits from 2016-today even close to the 1,000 mark (aside from "Feral Hearts")?

Ah… so it was a hit for her on your charts? Yes, I liked her change to another lead-single-formula and it really worked with “What About Us”. I’m surprised to hear your thoughts about “Try”. Its video alone is already so good, but the song also is quite powerful to me. JGMAR remains my favorite song of that era though.
                            Yeah, I think I'm in a VERY small minority for not being drawn to "Try." Just looking at the Truth About Love singles:

"Just Give Me A Reason" = No. 3 peak | 14 weeks total | [P]
                            "Blow Me (One Last Kiss)" = No. 4 | 10 wks | [P]
                            "True Love" = No. 5 | 7 wks | [G]

Damn, I forgot that "Try" never even charted...

<3
                            In light of that juicy tidbit you shared about your usual nighttime apparel, we should definitely arrange a slumber party ASAP ;) Or you should start sharing more "just woke up" selfies...

Ah okay It really is! I wonder how long it took them to get to a level like that
                            Right? It seems like the choreography would take FOREVER to learn (and get the entire group in perfect sync too), yet they still pull off brand-new routines for each video!

Yes, “Levels” and “Jealous” also made the Top10, though “Levels” left the charts after four weeks. Here's Nick's discography for all his entries so far, and as you can see, he may have some Top10 peaks, but all but “Jealous” didn’t stay on the charts for too long. In fact, his second lowest peaking entry so far is his most successful one to date.
                            Ah, so his songs that peaked between No. 10 - No. 20 actually lasted quite a bit longer than the ones that peaked even higher! Also somewhat surprising that "Chains" couldn't manage a cert despite lasting almost 20 weeks total.

I’m finally into “Bloom” (the song) I can’t believe the album release had such a strong effect on a song which I didn’t really enjoy previously. Ariana & Troye are both going really strong at the moment and it looks they will battle for the #1 this week as well.
                            Guess it was just a late bloomer for you. ;)

1 (NEW) Inna – No Help
                            2 (2) Ariana Grande – No Tears Left To Cry *P*
                            4 (3) Nick Jonas & Robin Schulz – Right Now
                            5 (6) Ariana Grande – God Is A Woman *G*
                            6 (7) BTS feat. Nicki Minaj – Idol
                            7 (10) Troye Sivan – Bloom
                            8 (1) Carrie Underwood – Love Wins
                            9 (4) Amaranthe – 365
                            10 (11) Troye Sivan – My My My!
                            12 (15) Calvin Harris & Sam Smith – Promises
                            13 (9) Cher – Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight)
                            14 (19) Nicki Minaj – Ganja Burn
                            17 (20) Lindsey Stirling – First Light *G*
                            20 (16) Bebe Rexha – I’m A Mess *P*
                            22 (21) Amy Shark – I Said Hi *G*
                            23 (RE) Lindsey Stirling – Carol Of The Bells
                            24 (NEW) Silk City, Dua Lipa feat. Diplo & Mark Ronson – Electricity
                            25 (18) Alan Walker feat. Au/Ra & Tomine Harket – Darkside
                            26 (23) Halsey feat. Lauren Jauregui – Strangers *G*
                            27 (RE) MNEK – Tongue
                            28 (17) Zedd & Elley Duhé – Happy Now
                            30 (RE) MNEK feat. Hailee Steinfeld – Colour
                            32 (28) P!nk – Secrets
                            33 (24) Troye Sivan feat. Ariana Grande – Dance To This
                            34 (36) Freya Ridings – Lost Without You
                            35 (26) Camila Cabello feat. Swae Lee – Real Friends
                            39 (30) George Ezra – Shotgun
                            40 (34) Demi Lovato – Sober *G*
                            • You really do love songs with plenty of references to "self-love," eh? Zara's "Only You", your new No. 1, and I'm sure there's at least one more that I'm forgetting...
                            • Fantastic to see "Bloom" AND "My My My!" still climbing to new peaks!
                            • Aw, I would've loved an even stronger start for "Electricity"...but given your lack of enthusiasm for much of Dua's album, I guess I should be pretty happy with this debut.

Yet another chart that stands on its own, Tansike!
                            last.fm​ ❖ Top 30

Comment

• Tansike
                              Site Supporter
                              • 28 Jan 2012

Ha, that's a really cute quirk! You say "nerd," I say "adorkable" ;) I'm basically the opposite: I try to make sure that all my posts are submitted at times that end in 0 or 5 (and the same goes for sending emails) Well, since she hasn't fired you yet, I guess she doesn't mind your "blablablas" THAT much (or you're such a valuable asset to the team that she's willing to put up with almost anything from you...)
                              <3 Love that ‘adorkable’ <3 Oh wow, really? I never noticed it. Like, you’re trying to do the same on UKMix or is it just a huge coincidence that your post was made at 6.00pm (UKMix time)? Haha… I think it’s both.

Eh, I can appreciate "All Too Well" and "I Almost Do"..."Treacherous" is OK...but "Sad Beautiful Tragic" would rank toward the very bottom of Red for me/I don't think it would've been a loss to cut it.
                              Ah ok, makes sense. I think “Sad Beautiful Tragic” is also my least fave of them all. “Treacherous” was the one I used to skip back then but it grew on me.

Wow, Queen Kerli tied for the most entries on that list despite only having one full album (so far) - AND she's just one point away from having the top honor all to herself! #icon

I don't keep an ongoing/all-time point system (aside from certifications), but "Break Free" and "Love You Like A Love Song" were massive hits for me too. Cute to see Lily's "Not Fair" make the list - that one's SUCH cheeky fun! The post-2015 dry spell you mentioned is interesting. Is it just a matter of not enough time having passed for songs to rack up that many points, or has it been somewhat of a drought for music that deeply connects with you? Bit of both, I guess? Are any hits from 2016-today even close to the 1,000 mark (aside from "Feral Hearts")?
                              Well, Kerli currently has 14 chart entries on my Singles Charts, with five of them being collaborations with other artists (so these are on other albums or on none) and another seven are stand alone singles… so only two of these singles were on albums As I told you in your topic, there were some scrapped projects from her, but she still managed to release two singles from a scrapped album in 2010/2012 (which both have crossed 1,000 points).

Glad to hear this about “Break Free” and especially “Love You Like A Love Song”. That one was so good back then and I still like it a lot. I still remember how I came home from vacation, had jetlag and woke up at 2.00am and started to watch the video non-stop as it just came out <3 Lily’s “Not Fair” also has a special place in my heart and it’s definitely among my all-time-faves, so I’m glad this also was so successful on my charts. Hmm… the main problem is that in 2015 I discovered Apple Music and I am able to discover much more music than I did before that. For example, in 2014, 300 different songs made it onto my singles charts, this year I’m already at 360 different songs, so it got more difficult for a song to a) get to 1,000 points as there’s much more competition and b) due to lots of competition, it’s also more difficult for a song to get my attention for long enough and I’m even moving on faster emotionally.

Looking at how it’s doing at the moment, I honestly think Ariana’s “No Tears Left To Cry” will be the next song to cross 1,000 points. Looking through my excels, Kerli’s “Spirit Animal” (2016, 816 pts), Lady Gaga’s “Million Reasons” (2016, 852 pts), Selena Gomez’ “Kill Em With Kindness” (2016, 793 pts), Clean Bandit & Zara Larsson’s “Symphony” (2017, 741 pts) and Noah Cyrus & XXXTentacion’s “Again” (2017, 756 pts) are the ones I found since 2016 which have a lot of points as well, though most of them will never reach 1,000 points. Kerli with an album release boost and Gaga/Selena with future concert effects could do it.
                              side note: This may be the first time I’m revealing exact chart points I feel like the German Charts which never reveals its sales

Yeah, I think I'm in a VERY small minority for not being drawn to "Try." Just looking at the Truth About Love singles:

"Just Give Me A Reason" = No. 3 peak | 14 weeks total | [P]
                              "Blow Me (One Last Kiss)" = No. 4 | 10 wks | [P]
                              "True Love" = No. 5 | 7 wks | [G]

Damn, I forgot that "Try" never even charted...
                              Oh, even “True Love” went Gold At least “Just Give Me A Reason” was the most successful one of the bunch :cool:

In light of that juicy tidbit you shared about your usual nighttime apparel, we should definitely arrange a slumber party ASAP ;) Or you should start sharing more "just woke up" selfies...

that’s all I can say, you make me blush!

Right? It seems like the choreography would take FOREVER to learn (and get the entire group in perfect sync too), yet they still pull off brand-new routines for each video!
                              True. That’s absolutely impressive. But then, I remember reading somewhere that their contracts are very strict, so imagine they really have to spend lots of time to practice. Anyways, the “Idol” video and some of their performances actually made me think about trying to dance as well

Ah, so his songs that peaked between No. 10 - No. 20 actually lasted quite a bit longer than the ones that peaked even higher! Also somewhat surprising that "Chains" couldn't manage a cert despite lasting almost 20 weeks total.
                              Yes. This was the chartrun for “Chains”: 29-26-23-38-Out-RE 31-28-25-19-*16*-21-26-24-31-34-32-36-29-34-Out
                              So even with 18 weeks on the charts and a #16 peak, most of its weeks were quite low which is why it’s uncertified. But it’s quite near to a certification.

Guess it was just a late bloomer for you. ;)
                              It was – but better late than never

• You really do love songs with plenty of references to "self-love," eh? Zara's "Only You", your new No. 1, and I'm sure there's at least one more that I'm forgetting...
                              • Fantastic to see "Bloom" AND "My My My!" still climbing to new peaks!
                              • Aw, I would've loved an even stronger start for "Electricity"...but given your lack of enthusiasm for much of Dua's album, I guess I should be pretty happy with this debut.

Yet another chart that stands on its own, Tansike!
                              Damn, I didn’t even think about this yet, but you’re right! “Hands To Myself” by Selena or “Love Myself” by Hailee would be two other examples

Yes, the album release really made me love those singles. I think these are their peaks now but considering Troye only had one Top10 hit before the album release (“Dance To This”) and now he has three is quite amazing. It’s even funny to me as the exact same happened to Shawn Mendes this year, who scored his very first Top10 hit with “In My Blood”, and the follow-ups didn’t do well until the album dropped and he got two more Top10s at once.

“Electricity” is really disappointing to me, sorry It doesn’t even have to do with Dua, the track itself just lacks something for me and this #24 entry was actually better than it deserved looking back at it

Thank you

Comment

• heppolo
                                Legend
                                • 17 May 2009

Re: My Charts - week 37 - calm before the storm

Quite a significant drop.
                                Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• Mainshow
                                  Legend
                                  • 06 Apr 2012

Originally posted by heppolo

It's quite bland and they have already released a new single. I thought Tansike would love the track a bit more but I totally understand why it fell that hard.

---

OMG; YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!
                                  BEYOND THE BLACK's new record debuted on your chart and it got a great new entry! This is excellent and totally flawless! - I mean, obviously, they are not as good as WT, NW, Epica or even Delain yet but they sound so freaking good and they have so much potential. Their album is still on heavy rotation on my iTunes and iPod! I would be deliriously happy to see it becoming a minor hit on your chart!
                                  Mainshow Goes Diva: Kylie Minogue

Comment

• Tansike
                                    Site Supporter
                                    • 28 Jan 2012

Originally posted by heppolo

The song isn't too strong sadly. I expected more from that project

Comment

• Tansike
                                      Site Supporter
                                      • 28 Jan 2012

Originally posted by Mainshow
                                      It's quite bland and they have already released a new single. I thought Tansike would love the track a bit more but I totally understand why it fell that hard.

---

OMG; YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!
                                      BEYOND THE BLACK's new record debuted on your chart and it got a great new entry! This is excellent and totally flawless! - I mean, obviously, they are not as good as WT, NW, Epica or even Delain yet but they sound so freaking good and they have so much potential. Their album is still on heavy rotation on my iTunes and iPod! I would be deliriously happy to see it becoming a minor hit on your chart!
                                      "While Love Died" has some nice parts but yes, overall it's quite bland. The second single also doesn't do much for me, sadly

Haha i knew you would love that entry for Beyond The Black! Especially the first half of the album is quite good, its title track is by far my favorite song. Unfortunately, i think the second half is just solid, so i'm not too sure how their chartrun will look like over the next weeks.

Comment

• Tansike
                                        Site Supporter
                                        • 28 Jan 2012

My Charts - week 38/2018 – 20 september 2018 - they’ll bring The Reckoning
                                        • Singles Top40

[spoiler:18580jm1]As expected, this week has lots of new arrivals on the Singles Top40, including one of the most anticipated new singles of the year. It’s been nearly exactly five years since Dutch symphonic-rock band Within Temptation has released “Paradise (What About Us?)” featuring Finnish singer Tarja (Turunen) as the lead single of their last album “Hydra”. It went Platinum and was followed by four more singles, three of them went Platinum too, plus the album was certified with 3x Platinum, being one of the most successful albums ever. After a very long break and lead singer Sharon den Adel’s solo project ‘My Indigo’, Within Temptation are finally ready to return as they have released “The Reckoning”, the lead single of their upcoming seventh studio album “Resist”, which still comes out later this year. The track features Papa Roach singer Jacoby Shaddix and to no ones surprise, it immediately tops the charts this week. It’s Within Temptation’s sixth chart topper and their 14th chart entry in total, though six of these chart entries were released prior my chart came out and made it onto the Top40 following a concert effect in early 2014. “The Reckoning” has gathered more than 100 plays since its release last Friday, making it one of the most played track in a single week this year.

A second new entry made a big impression as well, as Lana Del Rey also released a new single and as usual, the singer gets a very high debut. The song is called “Mariners Apartment Complex” and enters the charts at #3 as Lana’s 15h entry since her breakthrough nearly seven years ago. Lana has one of the most impressive discographies so far, as all of her first 12 releases made it to number one. Inna makes the Top3 complete, as her former top hit “No Help” dips 1-2.

Other new and re-entries this week: A third new entry made the Top10, coming from Nicki Minaj. The rapper has released the video for “Barbie Dreams”, which is new at #10. It’s already her eighth chart entry this year (including the featurings), with all but one making the Top10. Therefor, it ties 2012 as her year with the most chart entries so far. Back in 2009, a German rock-pop band called Eisblume appeared and immediately scored a big hit with their debut single “Eisblumen”, which topped the charts for four weeks and even reached the Top3 in Germany. It was followed by three other Top10 hits, including another #1 single called “Louise”. All these years later, their lead singer and frontwoman Sotiria has decided to go solo and teamed up with German singer Unheilig. Their collaboration called “Hallo Leben” enters the charts at #14. Three spots lower there’s another collaboration, and a very interesting one. Country legend Dolly Parton and Australian singer-songwriter Sia have teamed up on the track “Here I Am” (#17). Yet another start in the upper half goes to Scottish singer-songwriter Amy MacDonald, who is preparing the release of her first best of “Woman Of The World”. Its lead single and title track arrives at #19, which continues the streak of peaking lower with each release as it’s her lowest peaking track to date.

Six debuts are done, still five more and two re-entries to go, which all landed in the lower half of the Singles Top40. Dolly Parton is not the only legend to enter the charts this week, as R&B diva Mariah Carey also owns one of the new entries. Her buzz single for her upcoming new studio album is called “GTFO” and is new at #24. Shockingly, it’s only her third chart entry to date, following “I Want To Know What Love Is” (#10 in 2010) and “All I Want For Christmas Is You” (#2 in 2016). Mariah is closely followed by fellow R&B singer Ciara, who gets her third entry this year with the new single “Dose” (#25). Northward just experience a huge drop as “While Love Died” leaves the Top40 completely after being placed at #19 a week ago, and its follow-up “Get What You Give” is only able to debut at #27. 2018 has been a great year for Khalid, as he was featured on five songs so far, including the Gold certified “Youth” (Shawn Mendes) and the Top10 success “Lovely” (Billie Eilish). It’s finally time for the singer to earn his very first notation as a lead singer and on his own, as “Better” arrives at #36. Last but not least, even with an involved superstar like Bruno Mars, the single “Wake Up In The Sky” by Gucci Mane featuring Kodak Black barely sneaks in at #40.

The two mentioned re-entries belong to country superstar Carrie Underwood. Following the release of her sixth studio album “Cry Pretty”, the singer comes back with “The Champion” (#23) and “Cry Pretty” (#30), plus her current single “Love Wins” also benefits a little bit (8-7).

Other talking points this week: As expected, Lauren Daigle’s chart debut “You Say” improves in its second week as it’s up 15-12. Lindsey Stirling is also rising as “First Light” is going up 17-13. Other than that, there aren’t many climbers, as there are much more fallers due to all the new entries this week. Some of the biggest drops belong to Amaranthe’s “365” (9-22), Vanessa Mai’s “Wir 2 immer 1” (18-33), Katja Krasavice’s “Sex Tape” (16-35), Passenger’s “Hell Or High Water” (21-37) and Zedd & Elley Duhé’s “Happy Now” (28-39).

Demi Lovato’s “Sober” is up 40-31 as the biggest climber while Katja Krasavice’s “Sex Tape” is the biggest loser this week.
                                        [/spoiler:18580jm1]
                                        1 (NEW) Within Temptation feat. Jacoby Shaddix – The Reckoning

2 (1) Inna – No Help
                                        Chart Run: *1*-2- / 2w

3 (NEW) Lana Del Rey – Mariners Apartment Complex

4 (2) Ariana Grande – No Tears Left To Cry *P*
                                        Chart Run: *1*-1-4-9-5-3-4-9-12-8-9-5-2-3-6-8-10-1-3-2-2-4- / 22w

5 (5) Ariana Grande – God Is A Woman *G*
                                        Chart Run: *1*-2-1-1-1-2-4-6-5-5- / 10w

6 (4) Nick Jonas & Robin Schulz – Right Now
                                        Chart Run: 5-*3*-4-6- / 4w

7 (8) Carrie Underwood – Love Wins
                                        Chart Run: *1*-8-7- / 3w

8 (3) Noah Cyrus & Gallant – Mad At You
                                        Chart Run: *3*-8- / 2w

9 (6) BTS feat. Nicki Minaj – Idol
                                        Chart Run: *2*-7-6-9- / 4w

10 (NEW) Nicki Minaj – Barbie Dreams
                                        Chart Run: *10*- / 1w

11 (7) Troye Sivan – Bloom
                                        Chart Run: 39-Out-RE 10-*7*-11- / 4w

12 (15) Lauren Daigle – You Say
                                        Chart Run: 15-*12*- / 2w

13 (17) Lindsey Stirling – First Light *G*
                                        Chart Run: *1*-3-5-5-5-6-6-11-14-20-17-13- / 12w

14 (NEW) Sotiria & Unheilig – Hallo Leben
                                        Chart Run: *14*- / 1w

15 (12) Calvin Harris & Sam Smith – Promises
                                        Chart Run: 26-22-15-*12*-15- / 5w

16 (13) Cher – Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight)
                                        Chart Run: 21-12-*9*-13-16- / 5w

17 (NEW) Dolly Parton & Sia – Here I Am
                                        Chart Run: *17*- / 1w

18 (10) Troye Sivan – My My My!
                                        Chart Run: 11-16-26-39-Out-RE 11-*10*-18- / 7w

19 (NEW) Amy MacDonald – Woman Of The World
                                        Chart Run: *19*- / 1w

20 (11) Jain – Alright
                                        Chart Run: 15-13-*11*-20- / 4w

21 (14) Nicki Minaj – Ganja Burn
                                        Chart Run: *5*-8-19-14-21- / 5w

22 (9) Amaranthe – 365
                                        Chart Run: 3-*1*-4-9-22- / 5w

23 (RE) Carrie Underwood feat. Ludacris – The Champion
                                        Chart Run: *3*-5-16-24-Out-RE 23- / 5w

24 (NEW) Mariah Carey – GTFO
                                        Chart Run: *24*- / 1w

25 (NEW) Ciara – Dose
                                        Chart Run: *25*- / 1w

26 (22) Amy Shark – I Said Hi *G*
                                        Chart Run: 7-*1*-4-7-8-13-16-21-22-26- / 10w

27 (NEW) Northward – Get What You Give
                                        Chart Run: *27*- / 1w

28 (20) Bebe Rexha – I’m A Mess *P*
                                        Chart Run: 5-5-6-*1*-4-4-2-3-4-8-11-16-20-28- / 14w

29 (26) Halsey feat. Lauren Jauregui – Strangers *G*
                                        Chart Run: *2*-3-4-6-9-12-16-18-24-21-23-26-29- / 13w

30 (RE) Carrie Underwood – Cry Pretty
                                        Chart Run: *1*-4-10-19-Out-RE 30- / 5w

31 (40) Demi Lovato – Sober *G*
                                        Chart Run: *11*-11-13-14-18-11-14-14-19-25-34-40-31- / 13w

32 (25) Alan Walker feat. Au/Ra & Tomine Harket – Darkside
                                        Chart Run: 3-*2*-2-7-9-18-25-32- / 8w

33 (18) Vanessa Mai feat. Olexesh – Wir 2 immer 1 *G*
                                        Chart Run: 9-9-10-8-4-*3*-6-7-12-18-33- / 11w

34 (31) Dennis Lloyd – Nevermind
                                        Chart Run: *11*-13-20-24-25-31-34- / 7w

35 (16) Katja Krasavice – Sex Tape
                                        Chart Run: 10-*6*-8-16-35- / 5w

36 (NEW) Khalid – Better

37 (21) Passenger – Hell Or High Water
                                        Chart Run: *13*-15-22-39-Out-RE 14-21-37- / 7w

38 (32) P!nk – Secrets
                                        Chart Run: *5*-5-12-19-28-32-38- / 7w

39 (28) Zedd & Elley Duhé – Happy Now
                                        Chart Run: 16-21-17-*7*-9-10-17-28-39- / 9w

40 (NEW) Gucci Mane & Bruno Mars feat. Kodak Black – Wake Up In The Sky
                                        Chart Run: *40*- / 1w

Out of Top40
                                        Out (19) Northward – While Love Died (2w)
                                        Out (23) Lindsey Stirling – Carol Of The Bells (12w)
                                        Out (24) Silk City, Dua Lipa feat. Diplo & Mark Ronson – Electricity (1w)
                                        Out (27) MNEK – Tongue (2w)
                                        Out (29) Alvaro Soler – La cintura (3w)
                                        Out (30) MNEK feat. Hailee Steinfeld – Colour (3w)
                                        Out (33) Troye Sivan feat. Ariana Grande – Dance To This (6w)
                                        Out (34) Freya Ridings – Lost Without You (2w)
                                        Out (35) Camila Cabello feat. Swae Lee – Real Friends (4w)
                                        Out (36) Lukas Graham – Love Someone (1w)
                                        Out (37) Noah Cyrus & Lil Xan – Live Or Die (3w)
                                        Out (38) Muse – The Dark Side (2w)
                                        Out (39) George Ezra – Shotgun (4w)

New certifications
                                        none

?

Comment

• Tansike
                                          Site Supporter
                                          • 28 Jan 2012

My Charts - week 38/2018 – 20 september 2018 - they’ll bring The Reckoning
                                          • Album Top20

[spoiler:3far3b4d]Four new entries and one re-entry are able to bring some changes onto the Album Top20, with all of the new arrivals making the upper and the re-entry the lower half of the charts. Country superstar Carrie Underwood has come a long way since her victory on American Idol back in 2005. Last Friday, she has released her long awaited sixth studio album “Cry Pretty”, which already spawned two number one hits with its title track and the current single “Love Wins”, so it’s not the biggest surprise seeing the album arriving at #1 too. It’s her fourth chart entry on the album charts, following her fourth album “Blown Away” (#3 in 2012, certified Platinum), the “Greatest Hits: Decade #1” compilation (#2 in 2014, Gold) and her fifth album “Storyteller” (#1 for two weeks in 2015/2016, 2x Platinum).

The two most successful albums from the last two weeks remain very strong this week as well, and even though Troye Sivan is at the runner-up position for a third week with “Bloom” (2-2), he’s finally above Ariana Grande, who goes down 1-3 with “Sweetener”.

Other new and re-entries this week: French DJ and producer David Guetta already owns 28 entries on the Singles Charts to his name, which makes him the artist with the third most chart entries ever, tied with Ariana Grande and Taylor Swift. Even though he was also successful on the album charts up until his last release “Listen” from 2014, he stopped releasing albums out of a sudden. Nearly four years later it was finally time again, as he put out his new set “7”, which enters the charts at #4. It’s his fifth entry and fourth Top5 peak. American YouTube sensation Tori Kelly already gathered some chart attention in some countries with her debut album “Unbreakable Smile”, but nothing really became a hit from it. Last week she has released “Hiding Place”, a mini album which is promoted as a gospel release. Surprisingly, it becomes her very first notation ever as it’s new at #7. Finally, the fourth and final new entry belongs to Swedish sisters First Aid Kit. The duo just got another Gold certified album earlier this year with “Ruins”, but they already released a new EP called “Tender Offerings” which makes a rather weak start at #9. Last but not least, the re-entry is Lindsey Stirling’s “Brave Enough”, which is back at #13.

Other talking points this week: Jain’s “Souldier” is able to climb back into the upper half (11-8). Meanwhile, Nicki Minaj’s “Queen” (7-11) leaves them for the first time after five weeks. Also falling out of the Top10 are “Act II” by Tarja (8-15), “Mar de colores” by Alvaro Soler (4-16) and “Runaway” by Passenger (10-19). MNEK’s “Language” sees a horrible drop too, as it leaves the charts completely after debuting at #9 a week ago.
                                          [/spoiler:3far3b4d]
                                          1 (NEW) Carrie Underwood – Cry Pretty

2 (2) Troye Sivan – Bloom
                                          Chart Run: *2*-2-2- / 3w

3 (1) Ariana Grande – Sweetener
                                          Chart Run: *1*-2-1-1-3- / 5w

4 (NEW) David Guetta – 7
                                          Chart Run: *4*- / 1w

5 (6) My Indigo – My Indigo *P*
                                          Chart Run: *1*-1-2-4-4-5-7-8-8-7-10-8-5-6-8-9-9-7-9-4-6-5- / 22w

6 (3) Beyond The Black – Heart Of The Hurricane
                                          Chart Run: *3*-6- / 2w

7 (NEW) Tori Kelly – Hiding Place
                                          Chart Run: *7*- / 1w

8 (11) Jain – Souldier
                                          Chart Run: *4*-7-11-8- / 4w

9 (NEW) First Aid Kit – Tender Offerings EP
                                          Chart Run: *9*- / 1w

10 (5) Vanessa Mai – Schlager *G*
                                          Chart Run: *1*-2-2-1-3-5-10- / 7w

11 (7) Nicki Minaj – Queen
                                          Chart Run: *1*-3-5-10-7-11- / 6w

12 (12) Bebe Rexha – Expectations *P*
                                          Chart Run: *1*-1-1-1-2-2-3-4-6-8-11-12-12- / 13w

13 (RE) Lindsey Stirling – Brave Enough *3xP*
                                          Chart Run: *1*-1-1-3-3-2-6-7-6-9-11-10-8-11-14-9-7-8-14-10-2-2-1-1-4-8-10-7-2-1-4-5-8-13-16-14-12-11-3-8-11-7-11-8-7-8-11-14-18-12-13-16-18-20-Out-RE 11-12-12-19-Out-RE 15-18-Out-RE 18-Out-RE 18-Out-RE 15-14-18-16-19-Out-RE 13- / 68w

14 (13) Lauren Daigle – Look Up Child
                                          Chart Run: *13*-14- / 2w

15 (8) Tarja – Act II *G*
                                          Chart Run: *1*-2-3-4-7-12-8-15- / 8w

16 (4) Alvaro Soler – Mar de colores
                                          Chart Run: *4*-16- / 2w

17 (14) BTS – Love Yourself: Answer
                                          Chart Run: *3*-9-14-17- / 4w

18 (17) Years & Years – Palo Santo *G*
                                          Chart Run: *2*-2-4-5-4-6-8-11-14-17-18- / 11w

19 (10) Passenger – Runaway
                                          Chart Run: *5*-10-19- / 3w

20 (15) Halestorm – Vicious
                                          Chart Run: *3*-6-8-10-16-13-15-20- / 8w

Out of Top20
                                          Out (9) MNEK – Language (1w)
                                          Out (16) Hozier – Nina Cried Power EP (1w)
                                          Out (18) Sophie Hunger – Molecules (2w)
                                          Out (19) Eminem – Kamikaze (2w)
                                          Out (20) Amy Shark – Love Monster *G* (9w)

New certifications
                                          none

Comment

Working...