• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by heppolo View Post
    1 (NEW) Ashley O (Miley Cyrus) – On A Roll
    Chart Run: *1*- / 1w

Hannah Montana was more bubblegum tbh.
    So... you're not liking "On A Roll" that much?

Originally posted by heppolo View Post
    12 (NEW) Inna – Te Vas
    Chart Run: *12*- / 1w

Another day, another new single/video/song from Inna, this one is not bad at all.
    Haha, true. It's really tough to keep up with her singles/videos lately But yes, this is not bad - actually the highlight of her new album for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainshow View Post
      Nice to see Miley's double reign! 2019 will clearly be her year again.
      "Ausländer" is my favoruite Rammstein single taken from their latest record. I'm glad it's part of your chart although it seems to be falling like crazy already
      "Arcade" is stable! That's great! However, a Top 3 placing/peak would be incredible but since there's basically sadly no hype, I don't think it's possible anymore :( - His concert in Cologne is officially sold-out (after it got a new location due to high demand), though.
      Nice new entry by Taylor! - She can be fake and annyoing somedays but I appreciate her effort and her last 3 eras made me dislike her less. She's slaying.
      Nice little rise for hottie Shawn.

"Only Love, L" being #20 right now is worrying.I don't want to see it gone next week

I love to see your mid-year album chart. I would like to see "Resist" winning the race in the end but there are still 6 months to go!
      Seeing "Replay" on your mid-year single chart is a bit random, I think, is that song your favourite entry of 2019 in the end?
      I like "Chameloen", "Don't Lie To Me" and "Supernova" as well but I think that this year needs more hits to convince me (in general).

Waiting for Selegend Godmez to slay with her upcoming record
      Yay, thanks for coming by

Yes, 2019 is already a great year for Miley and I'm so excited to hear what she releases next!
      Oh, that's interesting - I thought you may have enjoyed "Deutschland" even more. Did you already enjoy Rammstein in the past? Because this is the first time I ever got into their stuff so much.
      "Arcade" got a real second life with me. Definitely a deserved winner this year but as you say, I also think #4 may end up its peak but he already did so well and he surely goes Gold (I don't see him falling down fast now) and that would be the first time the winner gets certified with Gold since 2015. Ah, did you get tickets for it?
      Glad you're enjoying the new Taylor single as well. However I'm slightly the opposite; I liked her much more at the beginning of her career and she got a little bit too calculated since "1989".
      Shawn <3

There'll be quite a few new albums out tomorrow that should make it onto my charts, so it will be tough for Lena. BUT... she's doing her Swiss concert this Saturday (after delaying it two times...) and the chances are high that I will be there as well, so this could give her a very nice boost. We'll see

Glad you like the Mid-Year Chart! Within Temptation are definitely a contender for the #1 but the race is really tight there at the moment.
      Hmm... Tamta just made it right for me. She wasn't one of my faves during ESC week but the song itself (just as a song, not as an ESC entry) does it for me, if that makes sense? I keep playing it and I still love it so much, it even just became my most played ESC track of this year with already 200 plays...
      Nice to hear there are a few songs you enjoy(ed) but I also agree with you. 2019 has been a great year IMO but a real standout is clearly missing so far, and in previous years we often already got one in the first half so I'm worried about that.

Aaahhh.... I just can't wait until she finally announces something. I hope she doesn't wait much longer...

Comment

• Sorry for doing yet another post, but I just remembered that exactly one year ago, I made a post in this topic where I was freaking happy and thanked everyone as My Charts reached 200,000 views and 4,000 replies. Just one year later, this topic has already almost 284,000 views and 4,545 replies – and I’m speechless!

From the bottom of my heart, thank you all so much for taking the time to visit this topic. It’s still the thing I enjoy the most and it’s amazing to see people care to check it out – let alone also doing a reply here and there. Special shoutouts to [MENTION=32891]Mainshow[/MENTION] [MENTION=17613]crystalphoenix[/MENTION] [MENTION=1071]Magnus[/MENTION] [MENTION=23043]heppolo[/MENTION] [MENTION=32221]luckyONE[/MENTION] [MENTION=32158]Haribo[/MENTION] (I miss you ), [MENTION=23802]JSparksFan[/MENTION] and [MENTION=36343]JakeP[/MENTION] who all contributed 100+ posts each to this little topic here that started as something that I thought would be forgotten after a few weeks but over seven years later it’s as big as never before. Thank you (and I hope you all don’t mind that I mentioned you <3).

Comment

• Originally posted by Tansike View Post
          Sorry for doing yet another post, but I just remembered that exactly one year ago, I made a post in this topic where I was freaking happy and thanked everyone as My Charts reached 200,000 views and 4,000 replies. Just one year later, this topic has already almost 284,000 views and 4,545 replies – and I’m speechless!

From the bottom of my heart, thank you all so much for taking the time to visit this topic. It’s still the thing I enjoy the most and it’s amazing to see people care to check it out – let alone also doing a reply here and there. Special shoutouts to [MENTION=32891]Mainshow[/MENTION] [MENTION=17613]crystalphoenix[/MENTION] [MENTION=1071]Magnus[/MENTION] [MENTION=23043]heppolo[/MENTION] [MENTION=32221]luckyONE[/MENTION] [MENTION=32158]Haribo[/MENTION] (I miss you ), [MENTION=23802]JSparksFan[/MENTION] and [MENTION=36343]JakeP[/MENTION] who all contributed 100+ posts each to this little topic here that started as something that I thought would be forgotten after a few weeks but over seven years later it’s as big as never before. Thank you (and I hope you all don’t mind that I mentioned you <3).
          It's throughly deserved Tansike <3

We do share quite a few similarities in our music tastes which always makes your chart more endearing and interesting to follow every week - even if i'm just browsing threads which seems to be have the case for me in recent months. I really wish there were more hours in a day.

So i must comment on your latest chart whilst i'm gushing here.

2 (1) Miley Cyrus – Mother’s Daughter

YES Tansike. Miley getting that #1 + #2 on lock. It's got such sparkly production, it provides the pure pop goodness i crave for in music. I'd love to see On a roll become a hit but it's unlikely to happen. But nonetheless, it's been one of my go to tracks over the last couple of days - i actually don't like the fact it's 2:30 because to me it finishes too soon so i've tended to repeat the song to really get those vibes.

Miley Cyrus literally on a roll coming off the back of Nothing breaks like a heart and now all this music we're getting now. Amazing time to be a Miley fan. <3

5 (NEW) Taylor Swift – You Need To Calm Down

On first listen i was underwhelmed. The way Taylor sings the verses is right outta We are never ever getting back together which was good but not exactly a firm favourite of mine even back then. The chorus is easily the best part of the song but again pre-music video i wasn't sold. Then the music video got released the other day and something started to click. It made me enjoy the more with the visual content. It's still not one of my ultimate Taylor favourites - i dare say i still prefer ME!. But the boost in the last couple of days should help Taylor gain another top 10 entry in my chart. Top 5 may well be out of the question though.

7 (NEW) BTS & Zara Larsson – A Brand New Day

I really wanted to love this but it just falls flat for me. I know Zara is releasing her new single tomorrow and the live performance clip has given me hope that Zara will bring back the pop. However, A brand new day hasn't quite succeeded in making me want to listen to the song more.

10 (11) Katy Perry – Never Really Over

I was just gonna focus on new entries but i'm delighted to see Katy rebound a little. I still think this is now pop perfection and easily her best since Chained to the rhythm, but if this continues to hold up it could even be Katy's biggest hit for me since Roar.

32 (NEW) Little Mix – Bounce Back

Aww what happened to my precious Little Mix? <--- actual tears I was curious to check out Bounce back last Friday night when i got home from work. I did like elements of the song but overall this has been missing the mark for me. I also only know the radio version of Back to life so i genuinely thought "steady...are you ready" were new lyrics. Apparently it was part of the original album version which i'd never heard until this week. A part of me just wishes Little Mix would stick to glorious pure pop because i love the girls when they deliver frothy pop gems. This is sadly a bit too americanised for my liking.

Bubbling under

Gosh at the Miley Cyrus domination here but i must admit Mother's daughter is in a different league and rightly so become the big hit from this ep.

8 (NEW) Flume feat. London Grammar – Let You Know

I do love London Grammar and whilst i found Flume's production on the track a bit jarring at first, i've grown to enjoy the song more over this past week. I still don't see this charting high in my chart on Saturday but it's likely to enter.

10 (NEW) BTS & Charli XCX – Dream Glow

Needless to say i kinda enjoyed this track more than the Zara Larsson track. However, Dream glow failed to make the cut last weekend and didn't enter my chart. That doesn't look likely to change - if anything, it's got even less chance now as more new music breaks through and gets all my attention.

Comment

So... you're not liking "On A Roll" that much?
            I'm alright with it, but I think "Black Mirror" actually presented a rather credible song despite aiming to show the bubblegum glory
            Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• Thanks for keeping this sub-forum alive, you contribute a lot to it and it's no secret your personal charts are some of the most beloved ones here! Also one of the longest active charts here, I think. More than 7 years already!

Comment

• Originally posted by JakeP View Post
                It's throughly deserved Tansike <3

We do share quite a few similarities in our music tastes which always makes your chart more endearing and interesting to follow every week - even if i'm just browsing threads which seems to be have the case for me in recent months. I really wish there were more hours in a day.

So i must comment on your latest chart whilst i'm gushing here.
                Hey Jake

Thank you so much!
                Haha, yeah, it’s the same with me. Even though I stepped down with making comments (simply because a day doesn’t have enough hours for me as well) but I still check out many charts every week to see what’s happening there. This is still my favorite section on here and I’m glad it seems to be more alive again.

Originally posted by JakeP View Post
                2 (1) Miley Cyrus – Mother’s Daughter

YES Tansike. Miley getting that #1 + #2 on lock. It's got such sparkly production, it provides the pure pop goodness i crave for in music. I'd love to see On a roll become a hit but it's unlikely to happen. But nonetheless, it's been one of my go to tracks over the last couple of days - i actually don't like the fact it's 2:30 because to me it finishes too soon so i've tended to repeat the song to really get those vibes.

Miley Cyrus literally on a roll coming off the back of Nothing breaks like a heart and now all this music we're getting now. Amazing time to be a Miley fan. <3
                I love how we both have “On A Roll” high on our charts But it’s the Pop I love and it only helps that I also enjoyed her Black Mirror episode. I’m not sure yet how “On A Roll” will hang on with me though, I think it may fall rather fast, but it’s definitely a great pop tune for now. As for the success, she actually started to enter some Spotify charts a few days ago and even entered the UK Charts at #71, that’s already a lot more than probably everyone involved expected The songs length is too short, I agree, but that’s a good move for today’s streaming era as it gets played more

True! Even though I have to admit that I would have loved her to follow the “Nothing Breaks Like A Heart” route but maybe we will get something similar with one of the two upcoming mini albums. But it’s sooo good to have her back like this, especially following the underwhelming “Younger Now” era.

5 (NEW) Taylor Swift – You Need To Calm Down

On first listen i was underwhelmed. The way Taylor sings the verses is right outta We are never ever getting back together which was good but not exactly a firm favourite of mine even back then. The chorus is easily the best part of the song but again pre-music video i wasn't sold. Then the music video got released the other day and something started to click. It made me enjoy the more with the visual content. It's still not one of my ultimate Taylor favourites - i dare say i still prefer ME!. But the boost in the last couple of days should help Taylor gain another top 10 entry in my chart. Top 5 may well be out of the question though.
                Ah, nice to read that as it’s been exactly the same for me – well, apart from the “ME!” part as I still don’t really like that. But other than that, “You Need To Calm Down” also didn’t really get me at first but was a grower through the week. As you say, this is definitely not one of her best songs but it’s definitely a good pop track and I hope it does well for her.

7 (NEW) BTS & Zara Larsson – A Brand New Day

I really wanted to love this but it just falls flat for me. I know Zara is releasing her new single tomorrow and the live performance clip has given me hope that Zara will bring back the pop. However, A brand new day hasn't quite succeeded in making me want to listen to the song more.
                Aww… sad to hear it somehow, but also understandable as after the first week hype (I mean, Zara doing a collaboration with BTS had me hyped ) I also got over it rather quickly and it looks to drop a lot on the next chart. Hopefully the new Zara song makes a better impression on you

10 (11) Katy Perry – Never Really Over

I was just gonna focus on new entries but i'm delighted to see Katy rebound a little. I still think this is now pop perfection and easily her best since Chained to the rhythm, but if this continues to hold up it could even be Katy's biggest hit for me since Roar.
                This is slaying your charts which is cool for Katy, but somehow it doesn’t get me as much as I think it should – if that makes sense? It’s a great pop song but a spark is missing for me so I actually preferred the “Witness” singles to this, but it’s good to see her getting some people back on board with it and it looks like it’s becoming a nice hit as well which is fantastic.

32 (NEW) Little Mix – Bounce Back

Aww what happened to my precious Little Mix? <--- actual tears I was curious to check out Bounce back last Friday night when i got home from work. I did like elements of the song but overall this has been missing the mark for me. I also only know the radio version of Back to life so i genuinely thought "steady...are you ready" were new lyrics. Apparently it was part of the original album version which i'd never heard until this week. A part of me just wishes Little Mix would stick to glorious pure pop because i love the girls when they deliver frothy pop gems. This is sadly a bit too americanised for my liking.
                Yeah, this is a rather disappointing comeback and I’m not even their biggest fan so I can only imagine how it is for bigger fans like you. It also looks like they’re struggling with it on the UK Charts. Fingers crossed this is just one bad choice for a single and the next one will be great again. It would be a pity if they are less successful once they left Syco…

Bubbling under

Gosh at the Miley Cyrus domination here but i must admit Mother's daughter is in a different league and rightly so become the big hit from this ep.
                Haha… Miley has been super successful for me lately thanks to “She Is Coming”. Her discography already has some real gems and the whole “She Is Coming” release is a great addition – but I agree that “Mother’s Daughter” is the best of the six songs.

8 (NEW) Flume feat. London Grammar – Let You Know

I do love London Grammar and whilst i found Flume's production on the track a bit jarring at first, i've grown to enjoy the song more over this past week. I still don't see this charting high in my chart on Saturday but it's likely to enter.
                As I always say: An entry is better than none at all, even if it’s a low entry I remember that you enjoyed London Grammar in the past, but they never really left a big impression on me so this is yet another song that I like but don’t really love by them.

10 (NEW) BTS & Charli XCX – Dream Glow

Needless to say i kinda enjoyed this track more than the Zara Larsson track. However, Dream glow failed to make the cut last weekend and didn't enter my chart. That doesn't look likely to change - if anything, it's got even less chance now as more new music breaks through and gets all my attention.
                Somehow I missed to check this out when it got released but only did it after I heard the Zara track, and since I’m a fan of Zara but only a casual listener in Charli’s case, “A Brand New Day” overshadowed “Dream Glow” for me. It’s definitely a solid song though, but BTS need to be cautious as I feel like they are releasing too many new things lately…

Comment

I'm alright with it, but I think "Black Mirror" actually presented a rather credible song despite aiming to show the bubblegum glory
                  Ah, that's true! But they are probably surprised as well at how much the people like it, that's probably also why they didn't release it at first.

Comment

• Originally posted by luckyONE View Post
                    Thanks for keeping this sub-forum alive, you contribute a lot to it and it's no secret your personal charts are some of the most beloved ones here! Also one of the longest active charts here, I think. More than 7 years already!
                    Aww, thank you so much
                    Yes, time flies by so fast, can’t believe I’m sharing them for over 7 years already
                    But yours as well - I forgot that we basically started at the same time here on UKMix and I just read you already started back in 2006, that’s a year before I started mine, wow!

Comment

Do you remember which one you played back in the day and on which console? Was it one of the first ones on the Nintendo 64? I've been playing solo and with my partner, though he's not a big fan of it yet. There are ways to play it solo and I'm loving it that much that I don't mind playing it solo. Haha, well, half of the times we played together he was better than me and the other half I was better than him, so it's all good between us

Oh, is SwSh the 'official' shortcut for Sword/Shield? I like that! Anyways, yes, it should have been a great week for Pokémon but some of the news weren't that pleasing and unfortunately that stuff kin-da weighted more than the positive stuff (at least for me and I felt like it's similar with many other people). After a while I made peace with that though. As long as the game is great (and in that case it has to be really, really good) I'm fine with it and they can get the National Dex back with the next game. I also assume we may get Sword/Shield 2 a year or two later and maybe they will add the Na-tional Dex onto these games, with SwSh having the task to introduce die hard fans to a new Poké-mon World (=open world, new evolution, new Pokémon, back to Gyms...) and also tries to attract new Pokémon Fans without too many possible Pokémon to catch. If they will do it right, it may be a win-win situation after all.
                      I'm pretty sure I've only played the original N64 Mario Party (though I've watched some people stream Super Mario Party on Twitch). I'm glad to hear it still has completely-enjoyable solo modes, and it's also awesome that you two seem evenly-matched when you play together! If I remember, Pokkén victories weren't as balanced between you and your partner?

Ha, well, it's the abbreviation I like using (especially since SS could get confused with SoulSilver). I really love your response to the whole "Dexit" situation! I'm disappointed by Game Freak's choice, and would prefer if they took the time to find another solution - but the intense, relentless anger from fans all over Twitter, YouTube, etc ever since that announcement has made me want to avoid the issue (and the fanbase in general).

Originally posted by Tansike View Post
                      Ok, thanks for clearing that up. The 'big pressure to attend college' sounds exactly the same like it is over here but with an apprenticeship. I really like the US education system on paper, though I obviously only can judge it from what I heard and read. Yes, that's really young to make decisions like this but yeah, it worked out for me. Interestingly, there has been a change in the last few years as more young people decide to go to university after their apprentice-ship instead of working full-time.
                      I haven't done much research on the subject, but it seems like the opposite trend has been happening here in the US, with more young people willing to pass on college (or attend shorter 2-year programs), especially due to the high costs. Teens should be supported in making the choice that feels right for them at the time and actually matches their ambitions, instead of facing so much pressure that they either "MUST go to college" or "NEVER waste your time with college." There's more than one road to becoming a successful adult, especially in 2019.

True. But it's often that way; the bigger the country is, the bigger its in-fluence. There are some Swiss TV stations with own shows for example, but most people still watch German TV stations with German shows. Same with the music (=German artists being successful in Austria/Switzerland as well, but Swiss artists barely making it in Austria/Germany, same with Aus-trian artists). Or Australia/New Zealand with more Australian artists making it big in NZ as well but less NZ artists making it in Australia.
                      **Nod** Great points. I think you'd mentioned something similar happening with regard to the influence of the German language in Switzerland too, right?

True. I didn't even realize there are basically no typical things from a Pokémon fight in the movie except a very few moves. But honestly, we shouldn't forget it's 'Detective Pikachu' so it's about clearing a case and not becoming the best Pokémon trainer. Speaking of it, have you played the Detective Pikachu game?
                      Yeah, I decided to check out the game after seeing the movie (and one of my favorite Twitch streamers was also replaying it, so I kind of "followed along" with my own playthrough). I'd never played any detective/mystery games before, and I don't think it's the genre for me, but I really appreciated the wide variety of Pokémon that appeared throughout the story.

Hehe... well, to be fair, I never think about our age difference if it wouldn't be for him always reminding me of it...
                      Ha, I'm surprised that he's the one to bring up the age difference, since it seems harder to make fun of the younger one in a relationship (as opposed to all the potential "old man" jokes you could make).

Fingers crossed as Taylor is having a nice lead over "Old Town Road" on iTunes and is above the song on Spotify as well. The song is also definitely better than "ME!" was... what do you think?
                      Now it's become yet another victim of "Old Town Road" on the Hot 100 "ME!" was more instant for me, but I've been enjoying YNTCD too.

I was reading more about Lil Nas X's (alleged) past as a major Nicki stan on Twitter that you'd mentioned, and it did make me a little more interested in/charmed by him, at least.

Yeah. And I think that's really the case with some artists/releases - es-pecially Carly Rae Jepsen. Last and this week I tried to spend a little bit more attention to "Dedicated" and 'really' listen to it - trying to dive into lyrics, the music... and it still didn't work as much as I thought it would. I still enjoy it but it took me a while to be able to name my faves from the al-bum while I was able to name "LA Hallucinations" as a huge favorite of mine of "Emotion" after the very first play for example. But what I heard was that the music on "Dedicated" isn't even that differ-ent to "Emotion" - so it kinda has to be my own taste that makes the difference?
                      That's been me with Madame X lately Dedicated is arguably (at least slightly) weaker than E•MO•TION overall, but the fact that nothing is standing out to you on the album (even after multiple plays) also suggests that maybe your enthusiasm for Carly's sound/style has indeed shifted in recent years. It happens.

Thanks for asking! The trip was very nice... but also very... eh... let's say green
                      Ha, that sounds perfect - especially surrounded by such gorgeous natural scenery! The ultimate relaxing retreat I probably shouldn't ask TOO much about this on UKMIX, but do you generally prefer to smoke it, or use edibles...?

Oh, actually both - "We Can't Stop" and "Adore You" - reached the top spot. But the part '...first time in six years the singer has two consecutive top hits with multiple weeks at number one' wasn't well written from me as the last time she had two consecutive #1s with multi-ple weeks at #1 was with "Who Owns My Heart" (2010, three weeks) -> "Fall Down" (by will.i.am, 2013, two weeks). "We Can't Stop" and "Adore You" both spent just one week at #1.
                      Ha, whoops Guess that's another flop-memory-moment on my part. Just like your partner, I'm becoming an old man...

Not sure about that. As for now, I think #13 may be the peak of "Cross Me" - at least until the album drops. Still a shame this doesn't seem to get picked up by the GP.
                      Yeah, he was able to smash hard with "Shape Of You" and "Castle On The Hill" at the same time in many countries, so it'd be nice to see the same happen with these two. (Well, I don't want "I Don't Care" to become QUITE as over-played as "Shape Of You").

Yep. "D.R.E.A.M." is my least favorite from "She Is Coming" now, but I still enjoy it. "The Most" is second last right now but I'm enjoying it more and more. I don't see it surpassing my personal holy trinity that is "Mother's Daughter"/"Unholy"/"Party Up The Street" that are my clear faves right now - but I'm slowly moving away from "Cattitude".
                      "Cattitude" has some brilliant lines (and I love the fact that she did a track with Ru in the first place), but it's kind of missing the "catchy" factor for me.

• Go Miley go! Are you a Black Mirror fan? I've only seen one episode (the "White Christmas" one with John Hamm), but it was pretty fascinating. It seems like a modern-day Twilight Zone (though I'm no expert on that show either). It's also interesting that these "Ashley O" singles inspired you to reconsider how you counted Miley's Hannah Montana releases for your archive purposes! That's quite the impact.
                      • Ooh, Taylor managed synchronized debuts on our charts with YNTCD! It's exciting to see her back inside your Top 5 after your very underwhelming experience with "ME!"
                      • Speaking of being back inside your chart's top tiers, I'm lovin' that little rebound for Katy!
                      • I was NOT feeling "Bounce Back" at first, but it started sticking in my head toward the end of last week, so it'll at least out-perform "Woman Like Me" for me.
                      • "Dream Glow" was definitely a letdown after "Boy With Luv."
                      • Nothing from Madame X even on the Bubbling Under, though?
                      • Damn, I feel like a flop follower, because I wouldn't have guessed that Alan Walker single would come in at No. 1 on your Mid-Year Update! That seems especially impressive since it "only" peaked at No. 4. Sounds like this has been one of the closest races ever, though? Wonder if something will manage to really pull ahead in the second half of 2019...

Yet another chart that gets the good times rolling, Marsike!
                      last.fm

Comment

• Originally posted by crystalphoenix View Post
                        I'm pretty sure I've only played the original N64 Mario Party (though I've watched some people stream Super Mario Party on Twitch). I'm glad to hear it still has completely-enjoyable solo modes, and it's also awesome that you two seem evenly-matched when you play together! If I remember, Pokkén victories weren't as balanced between you and your partner?

Ha, well, it's the abbreviation I like using (especially since SS could get confused with SoulSilver). I really love your response to the whole "Dexit" situation! I'm disappointed by Game Freak's choice, and would prefer if they took the time to find another solution - but the intense, relentless anger from fans all over Twitter, YouTube, etc ever since that announcement has made me want to avoid the issue (and the fanbase in general).
                        Well, that is still the most epic one from all of the Mario Party’s I’ve played. So many memories to it Are you overall not the biggest Mario fan? Yep, I still enjoy playing it solo as well, even though it’s sometimes really frustrating to have three computer players being against you Hmm, at first I always won but after a while he was the stronger one of us as I didn’t play much anymore while he did, so he was more used to the game overall.

Ah, makes sense – and as I said, I’m really liking that one! btw thanks for using the word ‘abbreviation’, never heard it so far. That’s what I enjoy the most writing with you (or others here) as I’m not a native English speaker and apart from a little bit in school, I basically got all the words from using UKMix or playing an online game some years ago (or also watching RuPaul these days ) so it’s always nice to widen my vocabulary
                        Anyways, glad you love my response and at “Dexit”! We will have to wait and see how everything turns out. If it’s yet another disappointing game then I’m not sure if they will recover. Like I said, I can live without the National Dex if other stuff makes up for it, but if it doesn’t then I’m not sure what to think of it. As for the angry fans… I hate that culture these days. We also have the same in music with these fans, there’s also a very toxic atmosphere in the fanbase of RuPaul’s world etc.

Originally posted by crystalphoenix View Post
                        I haven't done much research on the subject, but it seems like the opposite trend has been happening here in the US, with more young people willing to pass on college (or attend shorter 2-year programs), especially due to the high costs. Teens should be supported in making the choice that feels right for them at the time and actually matches their ambitions, instead of facing so much pressure that they either "MUST go to college" or "NEVER waste your time with college." There's more than one road to becoming a successful adult, especially in 2019.
                        Ah, that’s interesting! So the high costs are the main reason for that change but the education system would still work that way? Because even though it seems to be more popular to study something after the apprenticeship over here, there are also news that it’s getting harder to find a job when you’ve studied over here (obviously, as more people do it but there aren’t more jobs) yet that trend is still going upwards. That’s also why more young people don’t learn to drive or live at their parents place for a longer time than a few years ago. And it seems like the reason behind that change over here is that people are afraid of getting ‘lost’ in the market, so they want the best possible graduation as soon as possible. I completely agree with the last part of your post but sometimes the pressure can be very high on young people, so I get why they often do what they have to do instead of what they want to do.

**Nod** Great points. I think you'd mentioned something similar happening with regard to the influence of the German language in Switzerland too, right?
                        Yes, like we usually write in German and have to talk in Germany at school even though Swiss German is different and I (and many others) see German as a foreign language.

Yeah, I decided to check out the game after seeing the movie (and one of my favorite Twitch streamers was also replaying it, so I kind of "followed along" with my own playthrough). I'd never played any detective/mystery games before, and I don't think it's the genre for me, but I really appreciated the wide variety of Pokémon that appeared throughout the story.
                        Ah cool! So it’s really just a detective/mystery game and only has appearances by Pokémon, but has nothing to do with the other Pokémon games?

Ha, I'm surprised that he's the one to bring up the age difference, since it seems harder to make fun of the younger one in a relationship (as opposed to all the potential "old man" jokes you could make).
                        Actually he’s not making jokes of the age difference but often says something like ‘oh, you’re still so young, so you don’t know that yet but don’t worry, you’ll get there one day’ etc.

Oh, I just realized that I often sound pretty negative when I write something about him, but it shouldn’t look like I wouldn’t love him or so

Now it's become yet another victim of "Old Town Road" on the Hot 100 "ME!" was more instant for me, but I've been enjoying YNTCD too.

I was reading more about Lil Nas X's (alleged) past as a major Nicki stan on Twitter that you'd mentioned, and it did make me a little more interested in/charmed by him, at least.
                        True. Will be interesting to see how Shawn & Camila’s “Seńorita” will do… if it debuts at #2, “Old Town Road” would have blocked two singles by Taylor and two singles by Shawn

Ah, that’s great! Some people on UKMix already said he’s “one of us” so it’s cool to see someone like him having a smash hit like that. Unfortunately, as big as “Old Town Road” is, I think the chances to ever come close to that one are near zero and having your debut hit being a monster on the charts basically means that you already peaked with your first song, so I’m not sure if that’s a good thing for him or not.

That's been me with Madame X lately Dedicated is arguably (at least slightly) weaker than E•MO•TION overall, but the fact that nothing is standing out to you on the album (even after multiple plays) also suggests that maybe your enthusiasm for Carly's sound/style has indeed shifted in recent years. It happens.
                        I’ve already started with a reply to your charts yesterday, unfortunately I couldn’t finish it on time but I saved it and in one part I was also talking about “Dedicated”, so I keep that for the reply there

Ha, that sounds perfect - especially surrounded by such gorgeous natural scenery! The ultimate relaxing retreat I probably shouldn't ask TOO much about this on UKMIX, but do you generally prefer to smoke it, or use edibles...?
                        True
                        Definitely smoking it. But you know, dealing with or selling it is illegal over here, owning it is mostly also illegal (just a little amount of it is legal; though it doesn’t make sense as you basically can’t get it legally). So if you want to use edibles here you basically have to do cookies or other stuff by yourself and 1) that takes more time and 2) you usually need more of it than when you smoke it. I tried it with cookies once but I wasn’t impressed with it.

Ha, whoops Guess that's another flop-memory-moment on my part. Just like your partner, I'm becoming an old man...
                        Haha, I don’t think that’s the case here as I don’t think you already followed my charts back in 2013

Yeah, he was able to smash hard with "Shape Of You" and "Castle On The Hill" at the same time in many countries, so it'd be nice to see the same happen with these two. (Well, I don't want "I Don't Care" to become QUITE as over-played as "Shape Of You").
                        Oh true. I guess “Cross Me” isn’t something for everyone with the featured artists, while Justin Bieber is obviously a GP darling as well while Ed’s previous singles didn’t have featured artists.

"Cattitude" has some brilliant lines (and I love the fact that she did a track with Ru in the first place), but it's kind of missing the "catchy" factor for me.
                        Agreed. It depends on the mood I think, as sometimes it comes across as irritating as well.

• Go Miley go! Are you a Black Mirror fan? I've only seen one episode (the "White Christmas" one with John Hamm), but it was pretty fascinating. It seems like a modern-day Twilight Zone (though I'm no expert on that show either). It's also interesting that these "Ashley O" singles inspired you to reconsider how you counted Miley's Hannah Montana releases for your archive purposes! That's quite the impact.
                        • Ooh, Taylor managed synchronized debuts on our charts with YNTCD! It's exciting to see her back inside your Top 5 after your very underwhelming experience with "ME!"
                        • Speaking of being back inside your chart's top tiers, I'm lovin' that little rebound for Katy!
                        • I was NOT feeling "Bounce Back" at first, but it started sticking in my head toward the end of last week, so it'll at least out-perform "Woman Like Me" for me.
                        • "Dream Glow" was definitely a letdown after "Boy With Luv."
                        • Nothing from Madame X even on the Bubbling Under, though?
                        • Damn, I feel like a flop follower, because I wouldn't have guessed that Alan Walker single would come in at No. 1 on your Mid-Year Update! That seems especially impressive since it "only" peaked at No. 4. Sounds like this has been one of the closest races ever, though? Wonder if something will manage to really pull ahead in the second half of 2019...

Yet another chart that gets the good times rolling, Marsike!
                        No, I’m not. I watched the Black Mirror movie that came out last year I think and the episode with Miley, that’s it. But both of them were really good and as you say also fascinating, so I probably should watch more episodes of this series. Ha, yeah… I forgot that she had an entry as Hannah Montana back in 2008 and back when I built my discography file I didn’t want that song to be part of Miley’s discography, but last year had another clear case for me with Sharon den Adel / My Indigo being the same artist so it had to be in the same discography and adding the Ashley O release to Miley’s discography was clear as well, so I thought I have to count the Hannah Montana song as a Miley song as well.

Yas! This is definitely a better song than “Me!” was plus it also came out during a better time as it wasn’t that busy last week so I had more time to get into it, unlike it was the case with “Me!”. I have to admit “Me!” is still in my head these days and there were many weeks where it would have been near the Top40, so it was just unlucky during its release time. Maybe it will come back to a new peak once the album comes out.

I knew you would enjoy that little climb for Katy this week

Glad “Bounce Back” grew on you but honestly, it’s still pretty disappointing, isn’t it?

It was I feel like BTS are releasing too much lately and there’s still a lot coming soon. Quality over quantity…

Eh… yeah… “Madame X” didn’t really click with me yet.

Haha… don’t worry, as mentioned in the little text in the Mid-Year Report post, these are the ten most successful songs and albums of the year so far but in alphabetical order by artist name and not by their current YTD position. I didn’t want to reveal who is #1 and who is #10 for example. That would have been too much of a reveal and would have taken away some excitement for the Year-End Charts IMO. But you’re right about it being a close race this year, as it’s theoretically possible that all of these ten songs will be out of the Top10 by the end of the year while basically all previous years already had a clear #1 (or even Top3) at this point.

Thank you so much

Comment

Yay, thanks for coming by

Yes, 2019 is already a great year for Miley and I'm so excited to hear what she releases next!
                          Oh, that's interesting - I thought you may have enjoyed "Deutschland" even more. Did you already enjoy Rammstein in the past? Because this is the first time I ever got into their stuff so much.
                          "Arcade" got a real second life with me. Definitely a deserved winner this year but as you say, I also think #4 may end up its peak but he already did so well and he surely goes Gold (I don't see him falling down fast now) and that would be the first time the winner gets certified with Gold since 2015. Ah, did you get tickets for it?
                          Glad you're enjoying the new Taylor single as well. However I'm slightly the opposite; I liked her much more at the beginning of her career and she got a little bit too calculated since "1989".
                          Shawn <3

There'll be quite a few new albums out tomorrow that should make it onto my charts, so it will be tough for Lena. BUT... she's doing her Swiss concert this Saturday (after delaying it two times...) and the chances are high that I will be there as well, so this could give her a very nice boost. We'll see

Glad you like the Mid-Year Chart! Within Temptation are definitely a contender for the #1 but the race is really tight there at the moment.
                          Hmm... Tamta just made it right for me. She wasn't one of my faves during ESC week but the song itself (just as a song, not as an ESC entry) does it for me, if that makes sense? I keep playing it and I still love it so much, it even just became my most played ESC track of this year with already 200 plays...
                          Nice to hear there are a few songs you enjoy(ed) but I also agree with you. 2019 has been a great year IMO but a real standout is clearly missing so far, and in previous years we often already got one in the first half so I'm worried about that.

Aaahhh.... I just can't wait until she finally announces something. I hope she doesn't wait much longer...
                          Tbh, I am not a fan of Rammstein but I appreciate their artistry. I haven't listend to any of their albums before but their latest effort is quite good. I think that "Deutschland" could have been more well-thought, though. I definitely prefer "Ausländer" to it.

Yea, I got a ticket for Duncan's concert <3 Can't wait to hear "Arcade" live! He better hurry up releasing his debut album! - Taylor seems so basic to me (when it comes to her music) anyway but oh well, she has become way more likeable, in my opinion.

Great to read that WT have a real chance to get that trophy in the end! Wow" Replay" is your most played ESC track! - I guess it will stay that way.. It's catchy and a perfect bop for the summer.

Btw, happy anniversary! 7 years for your chart is incredibly huge. Thanks for keeping up the good work with all the updates, chart-runs (and good taste, ofc)
                          Mainshow Goes Diva: Kylie Minogue

Comment

• ^ Ah, so we're probably feeling similar when it comes to Rammstein. Never expected to enjoy one of their singles as much as I enjoyed "Deutschland", let alone a whole album and now I'm even thinking about going to their concert in 2020 as they just announced a date in Zurich (near to where I live). My mom and my brother already went to see them two weeks ago and they loved it. A shame "Ausländer" just missed to become another #1 for them in Germany (it was #1 in the Midweeks).

That's great! Can't wait to hear more from Duncan. Glad you're enjoying Taylor more these days.

Yes, summer is definitely the right time for "Replay" so it may remain the most played ESC track of 2019. Though Keiino is still doing really well too. How did you actually enjoy that one? iirc I never saw you writing something about Norway this year.

Thanks! Yes, over seven years since I'm posting on UKMix. Outside of UKMix it's actually already the 13th year doing my charts Thank you so much for your words

Comment

• You should definitely go. All people I know having attended a concert by Rammstein were totally blown away.

Personally, I like KEiiNO's track but I enjoy it for what it is: A very Eurovision-esque trashy pop track. Tbh, I thought that they wouldn't even qualify since they somehow reminded me of Waldo's People back in 2009. However, they clearly had a great performance. It was warm, joyful and entertaining.. However, I'm VERY glad that they didn't win...it would have been the most random Eurovision winner since 2002 (or at least 2011)... In the end, quality won (The Netherlands #1, Italy #2) even though both sides were totally unpredictable. Placing Norway #1 in the televoting and North Macedonia #1 in the jury voting was SO out of touch. I can't believe dated productions were so successful this year

Comment

• ^ My brother just asked me. They're playing two dates on a Saturday and Sunday at the beginning of June 2020, that's a good time. I really will think about that because as you say, everyone seems to enjoy their shows a lot.

Hmm... I get your point. It's really very ESC and that's probably also why it was that popular with the public. They also sold it really good, especially the female vocalist who just had joy all over her face which was nice to see. Even though I enjoy the song much more than I enjoy the Netherlands / Italy, I still think we got a perfect Top2 with them as both of them are quality songs but also songs that work well on radios / the charts. North Macedonia as #1 in the jury voting was a choice to be honest, but I was still happy for them.

Comment

My Charts - week 26/2019 – 27 june 2019 - the violin queen is back!

Singles Top40

Spoiler!

1 (NEW) Lindsey Stirling – Underground

2 (NEW) Keiino – Praying
                                  Chart Run: *2*- / 1w

3 (NEW) Beatrice Egli – Rock mis Härz
                                  Chart Run: *3*- / 1w

4 (2) Miley Cyrus – Mother’s Daughter
                                  Chart Run: *1*-1-2-4- / 4w

5 (NEW) P!nk feat. Wrabel – 90 Days
                                  Chart Run: *5*- / 1w

6 (1) Ashley O (Miley Cyrus) – On A Roll
                                  Chart Run: *1*-6- / 2w

7 (NEW) Tarja – Railroads
                                  Chart Run: *7*- / 1w

8 (3) Keiino – Spirit In The Sky *G*
                                  Chart Run: 14-22-36-34-4-*1*-2-2-3-8- / 10w

9 (4) Duncan Laurence – Arcade
                                  Chart Run: 29-40-Out-RE 29-6-8-11-*4*-4-9- / 9w

10 (12) Inna – Te Vas
                                  Chart Run: 12-*10*- / 2w

11 (NEW) Zara Larsson – All The Time
                                  Chart Run: *11*- / 1w

12 (5) Taylor Swift – You Need To Calm Down
                                  Chart Run: *5*-12- / 2w

13 (9) Tamta – Replay *G*
                                  Chart Run: 17-15-10-18-23-30-31-Out-RE *3*-5-6-10-12-9-13- / 14w

14 (8) Zena – Like It
                                  Chart Run: 16-12-*4*-7-7-8-14- / 7w

15 (NEW) Shawn Mendes & Camila Cabello – Seńorita
                                  Chart Run: *15*- / 1w

16 (14) Lil Nas X feat. Billy Ray Cyrus – Old Town Road
                                  Chart Run: 24-26-31-31-24-15-*5*-8-10-14-16- / 11w

17 (NEW) Imagine Dragons feat. Elisa – Birds
                                  Chart Run: *17*- / 1w

18 (NEW) Eleni Foureira – El Ritmo Psicodélico
                                  Chart Run: *18*- / 1w

19 (36) Astrid S – The First One
                                  Chart Run: 34-27-36-*19*- / 4w

20 (6) Todrick Hall – Nails, Hair, Hips, Heels
                                  Chart Run: 13-5-*3*-6-20- / 5w

21 (10) Katy Perry – Never Really Over
                                  Chart Run: *3*-11-10-21- / 4w

22 (19) Ester Peony – On A Sunday
                                  Chart Run: *17*-17-19-21-19-22- / 6w

23 (11) Kate Miller-Heidke – Zero Gravity
                                  Chart Run: 6-*2*-2-6-8-11-23- / 7w

24 (20) Michela – Chameleon *G*
                                  Chart Run: 2-*1*-3-5-7-1-9-14-17-20-24- / 11w

25 (RE) Adel Tawil feat. Peachy – Tu m’appelles
                                  Chart Run: *18*-Out-RE 25- / 2w

26 (13) The Chainsmokers & Bebe Rexha – Call You Mine
                                  Chart Run: *12*-15-13-26- / 4w

27 (NEW) Nicki Minaj – Megatron
                                  Chart Run: *27*- / 1w

28 (7) BTS & Zara Larsson – A Brand New Day
                                  Chart Run: *7*-28- / 2w

29 (21) Mahmood – Soldi
                                  Chart Run: 34-40-35-*8*-11-16-18-21-29- / 9w

30 (18) Ed Sheeran feat. Chance The Rapper & PnB Rock – Cross Me
                                  Chart Run: 22-20-*13*-18-30- / 5w

31 (23) Shawn Mendes – If I Can’t Have You
                                  Chart Run: 26-*23*-31- / 3w

32 (15) Lana Del Rey – Doin’ Time
                                  Chart Run: 11-7-*4*-6-15-32- / 6w

33 (29) Marina – Superstar
                                  Chart Run: 2-2-*1*-9-14-15-20-29-33- / 9w

34 (37) Mark Ronson feat. Miley Cyrus – Nothing Breaks Like A Heart *P*
                                  Chart Run: *1*-1-1-2-2-2-4-7-9-12-14-21-27-24-20-17-22-29-34-35-32-Out-RE 37-34- / 23w

35 (27) Within Temptation – Mad World *G*
                                  Chart Run: *1*-3-4-6-11-22-21-22-19-27-35- / 11w

36 (17) Rammstein – Ausländer
                                  Chart Run: 13-*9*-17-36- / 4w

37 (25) Kygo & Rita Ora – Carry On *G*
                                  Chart Run: 7-5-8-*2*-13-15-18-22-25-37- / 10w

38 (34) Sofi Tukker & Bomba Estéreo – Playa Grande
                                  Chart Run: *25*-34-38- / 3w

39 (NEW) Lo & Leduc – Online
                                  Chart Run: *39*- / 1w

40 (16) Netta – Nana Banana
                                  Chart Run: 24-24-*5*-16-40- / 5w

Out of Top40
                                  Out (22) Jonas Brothers – Sucker (6w)
                                  Out (24) RuPaul feat. A'Keria C. Davenport, Brooke Lynn Hytes, Silky Nutmeg Ganache, Vanessa Vanjie Mateo & Yvie Oddly – Queens Everywhere (4w)
                                  Out (26) Banks feat. Francis And The Lights – Look What You’re Doing To Me (1w)
                                  Out (28) OneRepublic – Rescue Me (5w)
                                  Out (30) Halsey – Nightmare (5w)
                                  Out (31) Bilal Hassani – Roi (8w)
                                  Out (32) Little Mix – Bounce Back (1w)
                                  Out (33) Miki – La venda (5w)
                                  Out (35) Within Temptation – Supernova *G* (13w)
                                  Out (38) Kerli – Legends *G* (11w)
                                  Out (39) Plastique Tiara – Irresistible (8w)
                                  Out (40) Ed Sheeran & Justin Bieber – I Don't Care (4w)

New certifications
                                  none

Click here for the Certification Database

Comment

Album Top20

Spoiler!

1 (2) Ashley Tisdale – Symptoms *G*
                                    Chart Run: *1*-1-2-2-3-2-2-1- / 8w

2 (1) Miley Cyrus – She Is Coming
                                    Chart Run: *1*-1-1-2- / 4w

3 (3) Eurovision Song Contest 2019 *G*
                                    Chart Run: *1*-3-5-2-1-1-2-3-3-3- / 10w

4 (NEW) Lil Nas X – 7
                                    Chart Run: *4*- / 1w

5 (NEW) Beatrice Egli – Natürlich!
                                    Chart Run: *5*- / 1w

6 (5) Eleni Foureira – Gypsy Woman EP
                                    Chart Run: *5*-6- / 2w

7 (NEW) Mark Ronson – Late Night Feelings

8 (NEW) Adel Tawil – Alles lebt
                                    Chart Run: *8*- / 1w

9 (NEW) Will Young – Lexicon
                                    Chart Run: *9*- / 1w

10 (6) Jonas Brothers – Happiness Begins
                                    Chart Run: *4*-6-10- / 3w

11 (7) Within Temptation – Resist *P*
                                    Chart Run: *1*-1-1-3-2-3-4-7-8-11-8-14-17-20-Out-RE 16-13-8-7-11- / 19w

12 (4) Madonna – Madame X
                                    Chart Run: *4*-12- / 2w

13 (8) Kerli – Shadow Works *P*
                                    Chart Run: *1*-1-1-1-2-3-4-5-8-11-14-17-16-13-14-7-8-13- / 18w

14 (13) Eluveitie – Ategnatos *G*
                                    Chart Run: *1*-1-2-7-10-13-15-14-15-13-13-14- / 12w

15 (12) Bilal Hassani – Kingdom
                                    Chart Run: 12-*6*-8-11-9-12-15- / 7w

16 (15) Marina – Love + Fear *G*
                                    Chart Run: *1*-2-4-4-6-7-12-15-16- / 9w

17 (20) Lena – Only Love, L *G*
                                    Chart Run: *2*-2-3-6-8-9-10-9-10-16-20-17- / 12w

18 (9) Rammstein – Rammstein
                                    Chart Run: 5-5-*4*-5-9-18- / 6w

19 (10) Bastille – Doom Days
                                    Chart Run: *10*-19- / 2w

20 (14) Avicii – Tim
                                    Chart Run: *10*-14-20- / 3w

Out of Top20
                                    Out (11) Aurora – Infections Of A Different Kind – Step 2 (2w)
                                    Out (16) Carly Rae Jepsen – Dedicated (5w)
                                    Out (17) Selena Gomez – Revival *2xP* (46w)
                                    Out (18) Aly & AJ – Sanctuary EP (6w)
                                    Out (19) Ciara – Beauty Marks (6w)

New certifications
                                    none

Click here for the Certification Database

Comment

Bubbling Under

Spoiler!

1 (NEW) Kameron Michaels – Freedom

2 (NEW) Ellie Goulding & Juice WRLD – Hate Me
                                      Chart Run: *2*- / 1w

3 (1) Miley Cyrus – Unholy
                                      Chart Run: 2-*1*-1-3- / 4w

4 (2) Miley Cyrus, Swae Lee & Mike Will Made It – Party Up The Street
                                      Chart Run: 5-*2*-2-4- / 4w

5 (7) Ashley Tisdale – Feeling So Good
                                      Chart Run: 7-7-*5*- / 3w

6 (9) Ashley Tisdale – Insomnia
                                      Chart Run: *1*-1-1-3-7-10-9-6- / 8w

7 (NEW) Lil Nas X & Cardi B – Rodeo

8 (4) Kerli – One
                                      Chart Run: 5-*2*-2-3-6-5-8-9-Out-RE 9-4-8- / 11w

9 (NEW) Lil Nas X – F9mily (You & Me)
                                      Chart Run: *9*- / 1w

10 (5) Miley Cyrus feat. RuPaul – Cattitude
                                      Chart Run: *1*-3-5-10- / 4w

Comment

• 18 (NEW) Eleni Foureira – El Ritmo Psicodélico

Every next release by Eleni is getting progressively worse imo.
                                        Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• These are my faves in your Top 20:

Chart Run: *1*-1-2-4- / 4w

Chart Run: *1*-6- / 2w

Chart Run: 14-22-36-34-4-*1*-2-2-3-8- / 10w

Chart Run: 29-40-Out-RE 29-6-8-11-*4*-4-9- / 9w

Chart Run: *11*- / 1w

I hope Zara can climb
                                          2019 Year End Charts: The 20/20 Experience

Comment

• Since Tarja's latest music video ain't that great, I assume that it won't have any effect on your chart.

Netta's drop hurts! Ouch! But it was such a busy week! 4 new entries inside your Top 5! Not a fan of KEiiNO's new single, though.

Lovely to see "Lexicon" debuting inside your Top 10! I can't stop listening to it. Hope to see it rise!

Comment

18 (NEW) Eleni Foureira – El Ritmo Psicodélico

Every next release by Eleni is getting progressively worse imo.
                                              Even though I enjoy her latest EP I still agree. But I feel she may end up as the new Inna (= releasing some guilty pleasures / summer bops every year) and that would be better than completely disappearing.

Comment

• Originally posted by LOVE+FEAR View Post
                                                These are my faves in your Top 20:

I hope Zara can climb
                                                Oh, five fantastic songs you've got as your faves!
                                                As for Zara, I don't know yet. Next week seems to be a busy one as well so I think #11 may be its peak for now...

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainshow View Post
                                                  Since Tarja's latest music video ain't that great, I assume that it won't have any effect on your chart.

Netta's drop hurts! Ouch! But it was such a busy week! 4 new entries inside your Top 5! Not a fan of KEiiNO's new single, though.

Lovely to see "Lexicon" debuting inside your Top 10! I can't stop listening to it. Hope to see it rise!
                                                  Probably. I didn't even care to check it out yet, and that's definitely not a good sign at all for an artist like Tarja

Netta's song is a weird one. I do like it but also think it's not that good. So it definitely deserved to peak high but I'm ok with it falling so fast now. Aww, hopefully "Praying" grows on you as I'm absolutely loving it. Though you already weren't the biggest fan of "Spirit In The Sky" while I'm also loving that one.

Glad you're enjoying Will's new album! Need to spend some more time to dive more into it. It's a solid pop album so far which is already a plus as I've never really cared for Will so far.

Comment

Well, that is still the most epic one from all of the Mario Party’s I’ve played. So many memories to it Are you overall not the biggest Mario fan? Yep, I still enjoy playing it solo as well, even though it’s sometimes really frustrating to have three computer players being against you Hmm, at first I always won but after a while he was the stronger one of us as I didn’t play much anymore while he did, so he was more used to the game overall.

Ah, makes sense – and as I said, I’m really liking that one! btw thanks for using the word ‘abbreviation’, never heard it so far. That’s what I enjoy the most writing with you (or others here) as I’m not a native English speaker and apart from a little bit in school, I basically got all the words from using UKMix or playing an online game some years ago (or also watching RuPaul these days ) so it’s always nice to widen my vocabulary
                                                    Anyways, glad you love my response and at “Dexit”! We will have to wait and see how every-thing turns out. If it’s yet another disappointing game then I’m not sure if they will recover. Like I said, I can live without the National Dex if other stuff makes up for it, but if it doesn’t then I’m not sure what to think of it. As for the angry fans… I hate that culture these days. We also have the same in music with these fans, there’s also a very toxic atmosphere in the fanbase of RuPaul’s world etc.
                                                    Mario games can be fun to watch, and there's such a wide variety of games featuring those characters now, but I've never been very interested in (or good at) the platforming-centric titles When it comes to quickly-pushing-certain-buttons-in-a-certan-order, I tend to flop (which applies to fighting games too, so I've never seriously delved into Smash Bros or Pokkén). That's partially why I appreciate Pokémon's turn-based combat instead. I could probably get better with practice, but those types of games just aren't as immersive as RPGs like Pokémon either.

Ha, Mama Ru the English Professor A big perk to learning a language through forums and media like Drag Race is that you'll learn the slang/way people actually talk in day-to-day life, not just formal "correct" English they teach in schools. I'm bummed to hear that even Drag Race has somewhat of a "toxic fanbase" too Granted, gay guys can be pretty cruel to each other for the pettiest of reasons...

Ah, that’s interesting! So the high costs are the main reason for that change but the education system would still work that way? Because even though it seems to be more popular to study something after the apprenticeship over here, there are also news that it’s get-ting harder to find a job when you’ve studied over here (obviously, as more people do it but there aren’t more jobs) yet that trend is still going upwards. That’s also why more young people don’t learn to drive or live at their parents place for a longer time than a few years ago. And it seems like the reason behind that change over here is that people are afraid of getting ‘lost’ in the market, so they want the best possible graduation as soon as possible. I completely agree with the last part of your post but sometimes the pressure can be very high on young people, so I get why they often do what they have to do instead of what they want to do.
                                                    I'm surprised to hear the car part (granted, the US is VERY car/driving-obsessed, especially if you don't live in a big city), but the living at home longer makes a lot of sense to me. There's still some stigma around living with your parents as an adult, but it seems like a really sensible way to save money and purchase your own home sooner (instead of pouring money into rent for years and years before owning a home). I never moved back home after graduating college, but I definitely better understand why people would make that choice now.

Ah cool! So it’s really just a detective/mystery game and only has appearances by Pokémon, but has nothing to do with the other Pokémon games?
                                                    There's some references to the core series games (like one person talks about doing Contests), but the human characters are all brand-new and there's zero battling involved (just LOTS of asking questions and collecting evidence).

Actually he’s not making jokes of the age difference but often says something like ‘oh, you’re still so young, so you don’t know that yet but don’t worry, you’ll get there one day’ etc.
                                                    Aww That's so sweet and supportive! No wonder you like this one so much #dreamdaddy

True. Will be interesting to see how Shawn & Camila’s “Seńorita” will do… if it debuts at #2, “Old Town Road” would have blocked two singles by Taylor and two singles by Shawn

Although I still don't want OTR to break the 16-week-record, I've warmed up to Lil Nas X even more after his official coming out. It seemed so sad that he was apparently out (or at least strongly-implied to be gay) when he ran that Nicki stan account, but then had to go back in the closet once he scored a huge hip-hop hit, so it was a relief to see that he can still be his authentic self. Hopefully his openness will positively impact the way some hip-hop/rap fans view the LGBTQ+ community too.

Definitely smoking it. But you know, dealing with or selling it is illegal over here, owning it is mostly also illegal (just a little amount of it is legal; though it doesn’t make sense as you basically can’t get it legally). So if you want to use edibles here you basically have to do cookies or other stuff by yourself and 1) that takes more time and 2) you usually need more of it than when you smoke it. I tried it with cookies once but I wasn’t impressed with it.
                                                    Ah, that makes sense - taking the time to make your own edibles is definitely more of a hassle. It's been a long time since I've done it in any form, but I always preferred that method, since smoking involved so much coughing I also felt the effects way more in edible form.

Yas! This is definitely a better song than “Me!” was plus it also came out during a better time as it wasn’t that busy last week so I had more time to get into it, unlike it was the case with “Me!”. I have to admit “Me!” is still in my head these days and there were many weeks where it would have been near the Top40, so it was just unlucky during its release time. Maybe it will come back to a new peak once the album comes out.
                                                    **Fingers and toes crossed**

Glad “Bounce Back” grew on you but honestly, it’s still pretty disap-pointing, isn’t it?
                                                    Yeah, it still feels like a step down from most of the Get Weird and Glory Days singles, so I was a little surprised that they didn't go with something a little poppier after the way LM5's singles were received (though I've read that messy-label-stuff impacted the last era too).

It was I feel like BTS are releasing too much lately and there’s still a lot coming soon. Quality over quantity…
                                                    **Nod** K-Pop acts seem to have especially busy release schedules: constantly dropping new singles/videos, EPs, and still full albums too.

Haha… don’t worry, as mentioned in the little text in the Mid-Year Report post, these are the ten most successful songs and albums of the year so far but in alphabetical order by artist name and not by their current YTD position. I didn’t want to reveal who is #1 and who is #10 for example. That would have been too much of a reveal and would have taken away some excitement for the Year-End Charts IMO. But you’re right about it being a close race this year, as it’s theoretically possible that all of these ten songs will be out of the Top10 by the end of the year while basically all previous years already had a clear #1 (or even Top3) at this point.
                                                    Ha, whoops I totally overlooked that crucial part! Prefer to keep us guessing, eh?

• Queen Lindsey reclaims her throne (and maintains that incredible Top 5 streak in the process) I've mentioned before how I have a harder time getting attached to instrumental tracks, but "Underground" is pretty epic-sounding! Seems like it would fit perfectly in the background of a movie or game (and the visuals in the video really match that).
                                                    • OoOh, that "Praying" chorus is mighty catchy!
                                                    • Aw, poor "All The Time" missing the Top 10 It's easily my favorite of this era's four singles so far.
                                                    • I thought "Seńorita" might fare a bit better after reading your comments in my thread, but I guess it's already out-peaked "If I Can't Have You," at least. I'm honestly not THAT crazy about the song myself, but it was on my mind a lot last week since I thought/hoped it might be the one to knock OTR from No. 1 on the Hot 100.
                                                    • I also hoped/expected better for "Hate Me" after I saw you share some positive reactions over in its song thread, but I guess "Flux" is still the only thing Ellie can get right for you in 2018-2019.

Yet another chart that lifts me off the ground, Marsike!
                                                    last.fm

Comment

Working...
                                                    X