My Charts - week 25 - Legends Of Carolina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by phoenix98
    Right? I mean, it seemed to be until "Volt Tackle" came along, anyway. After consulting Bulbapedia, it looks like nobody could learn "Thunderbolt" by level-up in Red & Blue (then only Pikachu could in Yellow).

UGH @ Internet and TV access taking that long! I'd be losing my sh*t after more than a week, for sure :x It sounds like this new place is an upgrade in every way except size? That's awesome! How'd you find it? Ha, yeah, I can imagine living on the ground floor being pretty awful (especially if it was on a busy street with people constantly walking by/right outside). Luckily, I haven't had any units above mine since my last apartment in college. A less stressful commute is such a huge plus too! With your partner even closer than before, you'll have even more opportunities for... ;) You should work some of that into one of his group's music videos, actually... #breaktheinternet

Aw, I didn't know you were ever that into penguins, but that's adorable! I just remember you mentioning monkeys before Thankfully, my team made it through the Elite Four and Cynthia without any more deaths. Phew! As much as I hate to say this about a fallen teammate, I think Snowplow's passing was somewhat of a blessing in disguise, since Volitant helped out quite a bit in those final battles Have things calmed down enough with the whole move/transition to give you a chance to pick up Yellow again? Granted, I guess you could just wait for Let's Go! now...

Speaking of - I'll miss wild Pokémon battles, but the Let's Go! games do look like an interesting way to combine some GO features with the usual main-series-type adventure, so I'll definitely still check them out. I skipped FireRed & LeafGreen, so it'll be my first time playing a Gen I remake, and Kanto does look pretty nice in the trailer. I just hope these GO-based gameplay changes aren’t included in next year’s proper core series Switch game. Aw, so all 40 episodes that you drew are gone for good? Damn, that's tragic...especially since there's no way to replace something personal and unique like those They sound so creative, I totally would've read them if you could've uploaded them online! Do you still draw at all? Has your partner posed nude for you yet? That'd be the best way for you to practice drawing humans...
    True! Oh wow, so basically only one Pokémon was able to get Thunderbolt in Red/Blue (through TM) – that’s quite shocking considering how often Ash used it in the Anime, which made that move quite popular!

Ha, I actually lost my sh*t due to having no internet & TV! But at least I had time to unpack all the stuff, plus I wasn’t at my place the whole time, I still was at my partners place every now and then. But it really got exhausting… like, you only realize how much you rely on these stuff when you’re not able to use it. Anyways, yes, an upgrade in every way except size. Though I think that’s completely okay. Well, there’s something called ‘homegate’ which is a website where you can find apartments to rent or buy and I found that one through that page. Haha that link / song!

Yeah, monkeys and penguins! As a child it was all about penguins, I even had several dolls, but as an adult I started to ‘like’ monkeys as well. Congrats on beating the Elite Four and Cynthia Also nice to hear Volitant was such a good help for you. No, unfortunately I didn’t play ever since I moved. But I’m having my console ready to play all the time and I’m also taking it with me when I go to my partner, but somehow it always ends up with not playing it
    Hmm well, so far I don’t really know what to expect from Let’s Go!, but I’m excited to try it out for sure.

Oh, you skipped FireRed / LeafGreen? So that’ll be kinda awesome to play Gen 1 with a new design for the first time! I still have to read a bit more into the new game as I don’t really know how this will work out and I only saw like half of the trailer so far, but I just hope it don’t rely too much on GO. And as you say, I also hope they won’t include the GO-based gameplay into the next games. I’d love to get one of the core series games for the Switch.
    Yes, they’re gone for good. And even some more stuff. But it is what it is. No, I stopped drawing like 11-12 years ago and never started again since then, so most of my ‘talent’ when it comes to drawing is gone, sadly. Hahaha

Originally posted by phoenix98
    Ah, that's an exception that I totally don't mind, though. Seeing all those hits re-enter is a great/touching way to recognize their impact and legacy. It's like a final farewell to their chart presence too.
    Definitely! It would be nice to see other countries having the same or a similar rule.

Agreed! Granted, it's the only album of hers that I've actually heard in full I briefly checked out some of her older singles after falling in love with Art Angels, and they definitely didn't have the same quirky-but-still-poppy appeal, so hopefully she keeps some of the same Art Angels style/sounds for her next project.

I'd be open to checking out Expectations if it makes a good impression on you. Same goes for Kerli's next album, actually, so **fingers crossed** that one actually happens this year!
    Well, it’s the same for me Despite loving “Art Angels” so much, I still never checked out some of her previous material. Well, I heard like two songs from other albums but they didn’t really impress me, so it’s been the same with me. I really cross my fingers that “Art Angels” wasn’t just a lucky shot for us.

“Expectations” already comes out in a week and a half so I can tell you about that one soon. As for Kerli, thanks, I really hope something comes out as soon as possible. The later it comes out the less chance she’ll have to get a nice spot on my Year-End Charts, and someone like her deserves a high spot only based on being my fave alone!

Ah, I might've gotten the whole timeline blurred in my head. "Done For Me" hasn't clicked with me quite as much as you, but I'm still surprised by how poorly it's done :-? He abruptly went from scoring his biggest hit yet (besides "See You Again") to seriously struggling. People/listeners are so fickle sometimes... :x
    True. “Attention” becoming such a hit definitely was a surprise and it’s even more shocking how the follow-ups and the album flopped. A big hit doesn’t guarantee a thing these days. Years ago it was still possible to score a successful album based on one hit alone.

Sorry for the flop timing on my part but all four of us sending the same song to No. 1 (even at slightly different times) is still pretty incredible! I've no idea when that last happened. I'm pretty sure it was "No Tears Left To Cry" for you, Jake, and me - but I know that one missed out on Akini's chart.

Yep, it is incredible. And yeah, Akini wasn’t that impressed with “No Tears Left To Cry”, but Jake, you and me already shared the same #1 two times this year now. Let’s see if we will share the same #1 again when Ari releases her next song

Ooh, that's high praise indeed! Well, since I don't think anything else noteworthy is dropping this Friday (Christina's singles haven't really sold me, and I've never been as into her as a lot of the other pop ladies anyway), I might dive into Shawn Mendes later this week...
    Sounds amazing! It’s definitely one of the better pop releases this year so far, so I’d really recommend it to you and am excited to hear what you will think about it

If only I could influence you like that more often. ;)
    Why? Is my taste that bad?

• I'm not totally sold on "Love To Hate" on first listen, but DAMN does Tarja sound flawless live If the video hadn't made it so obvious that it was a live recording, I definitely would've thought those were studio vocals.
    • "5 In The Morning" has been a letdown for me after REALLY loving some of Pop 2.
    • "Colour" struck me as pretty bland/forgettable at first, but I've been coming back to it more than I expected! It's still far from one of my favorites from Hailee, but it's not a total throwaway either!
    • Nice to see "Let You Be Right" pulling well ahead of "Can't Dance" now.
    • Although I don't think Cardi adds much to "Girls Like You," the release of this new version definitely re-kindled my interest in the original.
    • A Top 20 debut for Kylie too "Stop Me From Falling" never made it that high, right?

Yet another chart that's impossible to hate, Tansike!
    Thanks a lot for checking out “Love To Hate”!
    I’m not that much surprised to hear you’re not that impressed by the song itself, but I love to hear that about her voice! She’s really an incredible live singer. I saw her live once (not a rock concert, but a Christmas concert with Christmas carols and some originals) and her voice was STUNNING.

Awww. I still remember how Charli slayed your charts so I was really looking forward to hear your thoughts on “5 In The Morning”, also because I’m liking that new song sooo much. Is there a chance this may grow on you? It could become my favorite Charli song ever

Nice to hear you’re enjoying “Colour” as well! I agree with you though that it’s not Hailee’s best, but somehow it’s still typical her… at least it’s a nice addition to her discography.

:cool:

Was “Girls Like You” already one of your favorites of the album before that single release? I think we shared our faves from the album a while ago but don’t really remember it. For me it wasn’t, but this whole release (remix + video) really worked.

You’re right! The chartrun for SMFF was 30-Out-RE 30-Out

Thanks a lot

Comment

• 4 (3) Ariana Grande – No Tears Left To Cry *G*
      Great to see NTLTC get a gold cert . Hopefully she follows this up with another banger.

16 (9) Shawn Mendes – Lost In Japan
      I don't mind Shawn. But I had a lot of difficulty enjoying this song tbh. It feels like that something is missing

18 (NEW) Kylie Minogue – Golden
      Yay!!! A decent Kylie debut . Since SMFF was paid dust nnnnnnnnnnn

37 (22) Saara Aalto – Monsters *P*
      Took me a while to realize Kylie's back up singer was in Eurovision hahahah. So I only just discovered this song, and I enjoy it!
      Originally posted by SummerPeur
      Time stops for the Kween everytime WBT is performed.
      Originally posted by Goldmoney
      So does her microphone

Comment

• Re: My Charts - week 23 - Love To Hate

Love the Tarja track! Funny to also see Namika here, also saw her in another chart. I am checking her album right now, liking it!

Comment

• Originally posted by SummerPeur
          4 (3) Ariana Grande – No Tears Left To Cry *G*
          Great to see NTLTC get a gold cert . Hopefully she follows this up with another banger.
          I hope so too! The new track is coming out soon and my expectations are quite high

16 (9) Shawn Mendes – Lost In Japan
          I don't mind Shawn. But I had a lot of difficulty enjoying this song tbh. It feels like that something is missing
          The song took ages to grow on me too and i can see what you mean. He's doing some nice pop music but it's still far from being better-than-average, kinda...

18 (NEW) Kylie Minogue – Golden
          Yay!!! A decent Kylie debut . Since SMFF was paid dust nnnnnnnnnnn
          I thought SMFF was a bit too generic. The chorus was just weak But "Golden" is great!

37 (22) Saara Aalto – Monsters *P*
          Took me a while to realize Kylie's back up singer was in Eurovision hahahah. So I only just discovered this song, and I enjoy it!
          Wait, what?! Saara is/was Kylie's back up singer? Woah, i had no idea! Glad to hear you enjoy it, it's a great dance pop track

Comment

• Originally posted by Colbie
            Love the Tarja track! Funny to also see Namika here, also saw her in another chart. I am checking her album right now, liking it!
            So amazing to hear this!
            As for Namika, i think she's the current #1 on Erotica's Chart. Didn't expect her to get another hit but i'm glad she did, "Je ne parle pas français" is definitely a very catchy, well-made track.

Comment

• thanks so much for all comments

My Charts - week 24/2018 – 14 june 2018 - Demi and a violin
              • Singles Top40

[spoiler:2ao04a01]It was a very exciting week for two artists in particular, and these are the violinist and YouTube sensation Lindsey Stirling and former Disney actress and singer Demi Lovato. The former got featured on two new singles, while the latter benefits from her very first concert in Switzerland, which was held last Thursday.

Considering how massive her discography was up to last week – 20 chart entries with all of them having a Top3 peak – it’s no surprise to see both of the Lindsey Stirling featured tracks being not only the top two debuts of the week, but also even debuting at number one and number two respectively. Atop the charts it’s “Hi-Lo”, the latest single by American rock band Evanescence. The track is from last years album “Synthesis” and was finally chosen to be their next single. It’s the tenth chart entry for Evanescence and their fourth number one single, while it’s Lindsey’s 12th top hit. The other track is called “Stampede” and is a collaboration between Lindsey and the American folk-pop duo Alexander Jean. It’s the very first notation ever for the duo, and one part of that duo is Mark Ballas, who was Lindsey’s dance partner on last years ‘Dancing with the Stars’ where they ended up second.

Now on to the concert effect for Demi Lovato. The highest of her entries is “Tell Me You Love Me”, her latest single and title track for both, her latest album and her current World Tour. The song makes its comeback at #6, having previously peaked at #9 last year. It’s the only song for Demi in the Top10, though two just missed to make a comeback that high: “Heart Attack” and “Cool For The Summer”, which re-enter the charts at #11 and #12. The former is Demi’s biggest hit to date, having peaked at #3 in 2013 and being certified with Platinum. Meanwhile, “Cool For The Summer” became her second number one single back in 2015. Speaking of Demi’s biggest hits, it may be interesting to see all of her entries this week being uncertified except the mentioned “Heart Attack”. That’s because she only owns three more certified songs – “Skyscraper” (Platinum, 2011), “Really Don’t Care” (Gold, 2014) and “Stone Cold” (Gold, 2016) – with all of them not being performed on the concert. Her other entries this week are “Give Your Heart A Break” (#18), “Confident” (#21), the Luis Fonsi collaboration “Échame La Culpa” (#28), “Sorry Not Sorry” (#33) and the Christina Aguilera collaboration “Fall In Line” (#36). Last but not least, she’s obviously also featured on Clean Bandit’s “Solo”, which spends a fourth week in the Top3 (2-3) and also got performed last Thursday.

Other new and re-entries this week: It took her four years, but Lily Allen finally released her new album “No Shame”, alongside a video for her new single “Lost My Mind”. The track starts at #19, which is much better than the #34 peak of the previous single “Trigger Bang”, though it’s still her second lowest chart entry ever. Following an all-female-collaboration with “Girls”, there’s already a next one with “Bitches”. The song was originally released as a solo track by Tove Lo on her last album “Blue Lips” and got remixed, with added parts by Charli XCX, Icona Pop and Alma. It arrives at #25 as already the last new or re-entry this week, being Tove Lo’s eleventh chart entry, and more interestingly Charli XCX’s third entry in just a few weeks, as she also was featured on the mentioned “Girls” plus she’s currently having a Top10 hit with “5 In The Morning” (5-8).

Other talking points this week: Namika’s “Je ne parle pas français” jumps as expected into the Top10 with a huge leap (21-5). It ties the peak of her only previous chart entry “Lieblingsmensch” now, as it also had a huge jump in its second week (37-5) back in 2015. “La forza” by Elina Nechayeva may leave the Top10 for the first time dropping 7-14, but it becomes the second certified ESC entry of the year as it goes Gold. “Fuego” (8-15), “Bones” (10-16) and “Lie To Me” (15-24) may follow sooner or later as well. “Done For Me” may drop a lot this week (29-38), but despite its low peak it becomes Charlie Puth’s second longest charting entry ever, only behind “We Don’t Talk Anymore” which stayed on the chart for one more week.

Namika’s “Je ne parle pas français” is the obvious biggest climber this week, as it’s not only rising a lot of places, but it’s the only song to gain spots at all. Meanwhile, Jessie J’s “Queen” drops 12-35 as the biggest loser of the week.
              [/spoiler:2ao04a01]
              1 (NEW) Evanescence feat. Lindsey Stirling – Hi-Lo
              Chart Run: *1*- / 1w

2 (NEW) Alexander Jean feat. Lindsey Stirling – Stampede
              Chart Run: *2*- / 1w

3 (2) Clean Bandit feat. Demi Lovato – Solo
              Chart Run: *1*-1-2-3- / 4w

4 (1) Tarja – Love To Hate
              Chart Run: *1*-4- / 2w

5 (21) Namika – Je ne parle pas français
              Chart Run: 21-*5*- / 2w

6 (RE) Demi Lovato – Tell Me You Love Me
              Chart Run: 10-19-35-Out-RE 12-14-9-16-25-Out-RE *6*- / 9w

7 (3) Shawn Mendes feat. Khalid – Youth
              Chart Run: 11-19-8-*2*-3-7- / 6w

8 (5) Charli XCX – 5 In The Morning
              Chart Run: *5*- / 1w

9 (4) Ariana Grande – No Tears Left To Cry *G*
              Chart Run: *1*-1-4-9-5-3-4-9- / 8w

10 (6) Selena Gomez – Back To You
              Chart Run: 4-*2*-4-6-10- / 5w

11 (RE) Demi Lovato – Heart Attack *P*
              Chart Run: 18-21-21-8-7-9-6-8-9-*3*-5-10-13-17-21-24-25-25-28-35-38-33-35-40-Out-RE 11- / 25w

12 (RE) Demi Lovato – Cool For The Summer
              Chart Run: *1*-4-8-10-19-30-33-38-Out-RE 31-40-40-Out-RE 12- / 12w

13 (9) Cardi B, Bad Bunny & J Balvin – I Like It
              Chart Run: *9*-13- / 2w

14 (7) Elina Nechayeva – La forza *G*
              Chart Run: 3-*1*-1-3-6-7-14- / 7w

15 (8) Eleni Foureira – Fuego
              Chart Run: 3-*2*-4-5-8-15- / 6w

16 (10) Equinox – Bones
              Chart Run: 6-6-*5*-6-8-10-16- / 7w

17 (13) Meghan Trainor – Let You Be Right
              Chart Run: 21-18-*13*-17- / 4w

18 (RE) Demi Lovato – Give Your Heart A Break
              Chart Run: 15-14-*9*-14-14-15-14-18-Out-RE 18- / 9w

19 (NEW) Lily Allen – Lost My Mind
              Chart Run: *19*- / 1w

20 (14) Kygo & Miguel – Remind Me To Forget
              Chart Run: 35-Out-RE *16*-16-14-20- / 5w

21 (RE) Demi Lovato – Confident
              Chart Run: *16*-25-39-Out-RE 38-32-25-39-Out-RE 21- / 8w

22 (11) MNEK feat. Hailee Steinfeld – Colour
              Chart Run: *11*-22- / 2w

23 (18) Kylie Minogue – Golden
              Chart Run: *18*-23- / 2w

24 (15) Mikolas Josef – Lie To Me
              Chart Run: 11-8-*7*-12-10-15-24- / 7w

25 (NEW) Tove Lo feat. Charli XCX, Icona Pop & Alma – Bitches
              Chart Run: *25*- / 1w

26 (17) Maroon 5 feat. Cardi B – Girls Like You
              Chart Run: *17*-26- / 2w

27 (16) Shawn Mendes – Lost In Japan
              Chart Run: 28-Out-RE *9*-16-27- / 4w

28 (RE) Luis Fonsi feat. Demi Lovato – Échame La Culpa
              Chart Run: *19*-38-Out-RE 28- / 3w

29 (26) Fifth Harmony – Don’t Say You Love Me
              Chart Run: *20*-25-26-29- / 4w

30 (19) Meghan Trainor – Can’t Dance
              Chart Run: *17*-20-19-30- / 4w

31 (25) Madame Monsieur – Mercy
              Chart Run: *10*-18-29-25-31- / 5w

32 (28) Benjamin Ingrosso – Dance You Off
              Chart Run: *8*-15-23-28-32- / 5w

33 (RE) Demi Lovato – Sorry Not Sorry
              Chart Run: *3*-8-17-36-Out-RE 34-Out-RE 33- / 6w

34 (23) Céline Dion – Ashes
              Chart Run: *7*-11-14-17-23-34- / 6w

35 (12) Jessie J – Queen
              Chart Run: *7*-12-35- / 3w

36 (RE) Christina Aguilera feat. Demi Lovato – Fall In Line
              Chart Run: *11*-28-Out-RE 36- / 3w

37 (20) Blanche – Wrong Turn
              Chart Run: *11*-20-37- / 3w

38 (29) Charlie Puth feat. Khelani – Done For Me
              Chart Run: 27-24-17-*13*-15-17-22-Out-RE 31-27-27-29-38- / 12w

39 (22) Passenger – Hell Or High Water
              Chart Run: *13*-15-22-39- / 4w

40 (33) Waylon – Outlaw In ‘Em
              Chart Run: *13*-23-30-33-40- / 5w

Out of Top40
              Out (24) Shawn Mendes – In My Blood (6w)
              Out (27) Childish Gambino – This Is America (5w)
              Out (30) Leaves’ Eyes – Across The Sea *P* (18w)
              Out (31) Charlie Puth – Attention (11w)
              Out (32) Netta – Toy (8w)
              Out (34) Mrs. Greenbird – One Day In June (1w)
              Out (35) Rita Ora feat. Cardi B, Bebe Rexha & Charli XCX – Girls (4w)
              Out (36) Rasmussen – Higher Ground (4w)
              Out (37) Saara Aalto – Monsters *P* (15w)
              Out (38) All Saints – Love Lasts Forever (1w)
              Out (39) Jessie J – Think About That (6w)
              Out (40) Cesar Sampson – Nobody But You (5w)

New certifications
              "La forza” by Elina Nechayeva goes GOLD (250+ points)

Click here for the Certification Database

Comment

My Charts - week 24/2018 – 14 june 2018 - Demi and a violin
                • Album Top20

[spoiler:2dg89jnf]The impacts by Demi Lovato and Lindsey Stirling on the Singles Top40 also have an effect on the Album Top20, as the former benefits a lot from the concert effect while the latter gets a little re-entry. Demi Lovato’s “Tell Me You Love Me” shoots up 14-1 following its re-entry a week ago, getting a new peak now, becoming her second chart topper on the album charts and even going Gold this week. At first it looked like the album won’t go back to the top following the concert effect, but the competition wasn’t the biggest so in the end it still was quite easy. She even gets another high-charting album, as the previous release “Confident” makes a strong comeback at #3. A third and final entry for Demi is at #19 as her most successful album to date – simply called “Demi” – makes a re-entry.

Two new arrivals are on the charts this week. The higher one is “No Shame” by Lily Allen. The British singer-songwriter took a break of four years but she’s finally back now and gets her third Top3 entry as it’s new at #2. Her last album “Sheezus” debuted and peaked at #3 while “It’s Not Me, It’s You” topped the album charts back in 2010. The second debut is “so sad so sexy”, which becomes the very first notation for Swedish singer Lykke Li at #5.

Other re-entries this week: Evanescence’ “Synthesis” is back at #16 due to the success of “Hi-Lo”, while Lindsey Stirling also benefits a little bit from her two new featurings as mentioned and comes back to #18 with “Brave Enough”.

Other talking points this week: Anne-Marie’s debut album “Speak Your Mind” goes Gold in its seventh charting week, still staying inside the upper half (9-9). The compilation for this years Eurovision Song Contest has to leave that part for its first time, as it falls 10-13 in its tenth week. Also leaving the upper half for the first time are “Cinematic” by Owl City (4-12) and “R.O.S.E.” by Jessie J (6-14), though they’re doing it after just one and two weeks, which is quite bad for these artists standards. Faun’s “XV – Best Of” also has a big drop (12-20) after being stable for a very long time.
                [/spoiler:2dg89jnf]
                1 (14) Demi Lovato – Tell Me You Love Me *G*
                Chart Run: 2-3-4-7-13-18-16-18-Out-RE 14-*1*- / 10w

2 (NEW) Lily Allen – No Shame

3 (RE) Demi Lovato – Confident *G*
                Chart Run: 2-*1*-4-8-12-19-Out-RE 15-12-16-Out-RE 13-18-Out-RE 3- / 12w

4 (1) Shawn Mendes – Shawn Mendes
                Chart Run: 2-*1*-4- / 3w

5 (NEW) Lykke Li – so sad so sexy

6 (2) Loreena McKennitt – Lost Souls
                Chart Run: 3-*1*-3-2-6- / 5w

7 (3) Charlie Puth – Voicenotes
                Chart Run: *2*-2-4-3-7- / 5w

8 (7) My Indigo – My Indigo *G*
                Chart Run: *1*-1-2-4-4-5-7-8- / 8w

9 (9) Anne-Marie – Speak Your Mind *G*
                Chart Run: *2*-4-6-6-8-9-9- / 7w

10 (5) Namika – Que Walou
                Chart Run: *5*-10- / 2w

11 (8) Ashley Monroe – Sparrow
                Chart Run: 8-11-12-15-*7*-7-8-11- / 8w

12 (4) Owl City – Cinematic
                Chart Run: *4*-12- / 2w

13 (10) Eurovision Song Contest 2018 *G*
                Chart Run: 5-7-5-3-*1*-1-3-6-10-13- / 10w

14 (6) Jessie J – R.O.S.E.
                Chart Run: *1*-6-14- / 3w

15 (11) CHVRCHES – Love Is Dead
                Chart Run: *9*-11-15- / 3w

16 (RE) Evanescence – Synthesis *G*
                Chart Run: 2-3-6-9-9-13-15-14-18-Out-RE 11-*1*-2-6-10-14-19-Out-RE 16- / 17w

17 (15) Auri – Auri *G*
                Chart Run: *1*-2-1-3-7-10-10-14-16-16-15-17- / 12w

18 (RE) Lindsey Stirling – Brave Enough *3xP*
                Chart Run: *1*-1-1-3-3-2-6-7-6-9-11-10-8-11-14-9-7-8-14-10-2-2-1-1-4-8-10-7-2-1-4-5-8-13-16-14-12-11-3-8-11-7-11-8-7-8-11-14-18-12-13-16-18-20-Out-RE 11-12-12-19-Out-RE 15-18-Out-RE 18-Out-RE 18- / 62w

19 (RE) Demi Lovato – Demi *P*
                Chart Run: *2*-4-6-8-15-17-20-20-Out-RE 14-8-11-18-19-Out-RE 15-20-Out-RE 19-11-7-7-10-11-14-14-17-18-Out-RE 19- / 26w

20 (12) Faun – XV - Best Of *G*
                Chart Run: *4*-7-10-14-9-10-5-6-9-12-13-11-10-9-12-12-20- / 17w

Out of Top20
                Out (13) Sofi Tukker – Treehouse *G* (8w)
                Out (16) Leaves’ Eyes – Sign Of The Dragonhead *G* (19w)
                Out (17) Kacey Musgraves – Golden Hour (10w)
                Out (18) Tarja – The Shadow Self *P* (32w)
                Out (19) Saara Aalto – Wild Wild Wonderland (6w)
                Out (20) James Bay – Electric Light (3w)

New certifications
                ”Speak Your Mind” by Anne-Marie and “Tell Me You Love Me” by Demi Lovato go GOLD (100+ points)

Comment

• Originally posted by Tansike
                  Ha, I actually lost my sh*t due to having no internet & TV! But at least I had time to unpack all the stuff, plus I wasn’t at my place the whole time, I still was at my partners place every now and then. But it really got exhausting… like, you only realize how much you rely on these stuff when you’re not able to use it. Anyways, yes, an upgrade in every way except size. Though I think that’s completely okay. Well, there’s something called ‘homegate’ which is a website where you can find apartments to rent or buy and I found that one through that page. Haha that link / song!

Yeah, monkeys and penguins! As a child it was all about penguins, I even had several dolls, but as an adult I started to ‘like’ monkeys as well. Congrats on beating the Elite Four and Cynthia Also nice to hear Volitant was such a good help for you. No, unfortunately I didn’t play ever since I moved. But I’m having my console ready to play all the time and I’m also taking it with me when I go to my partner, but somehow it always ends up with not playing it
                  Hmm well, so far I don’t really know what to expect from Let’s Go!, but I’m excited to try it out for sure.

Oh, you skipped FireRed / LeafGreen? So that’ll be kinda awesome to play Gen 1 with a new design for the first time! I still have to read a bit more into the new game as I don’t really know how this will work out and I only saw like half of the trailer so far, but I just hope it don’t rely too much on GO. And as you say, I also hope they won’t include the GO-based gameplay into the next games. I’d love to get one of the core series games for the Switch.
                  **Hug** No one could blame you for that It's annoying enough to not be able to use it for free/fun-time, but Internet access is basically essential for so many parts of life today: getting work (or school) stuff done, staying in touch with friends/family, etc. Losing it cuts you off from a LOT, so I'm glad that you're officially back in the 21st century now! ;)

Aw, did all those penguin dolls face the same fate as your Yu-Gi-Oh collection and DigiPoké Team drawings? Ha, I can probably guess what ends up happening instead of Yellow whenever you go to your partner's place ;) ;) ;) I'll try not to nag you by asking every week, but let me know if/when you start playing Yellow again! You were getting pretty close to the end (or at least past the halfway point...)

Yeah, I'm definitely excited to explore a much better-looking Kanto, and see what tweaks they made to the region (and story) for Let's Go. From what's been revealed so far, the new rival's quite different from Blue/Gary back in the day, so I wonder if/how other characters might change too. I re-played that first Let's Go trailer a ton of times, constantly pausing it to catch as much as possible There was some gameplay footage shown at E3 last week too (mostly Viridian Forest/Vertania Wald and a little of Pewter/Marmoria City).

Originally posted by Tansike
                  Well, it’s the same for me Despite loving “Art Angels” so much, I still never checked out some of her previous material. Well, I heard like two songs from other albums but they didn’t really impress me, so it’s been the same with me. I really cross my fingers that “Art Angels” wasn’t just a lucky shot for us.

“Expectations” already comes out in a week and a half so I can tell you about that one soon. As for Kerli, thanks, I really hope something comes out as soon as possible. The later it comes out the less chance she’ll have to get a nice spot on my Year-End Charts, and someone like her deserves a high spot only based on being my fave alone!
                  **Fingers crossed** for sure! Art Angels was one of my favorite albums/most-pleasant-surprises of the past few years, so it'd be a HUGE bummer if her next album does nothing for me. :x

Speaking of Expectations, it looks like you're been enjoying "I'm A Mess"?

Sounds amazing! It’s definitely one of the better pop releases this year so far, so I’d really recommend it to you and am excited to hear what you will think about it
                  I noticed on its Wikipedia page that Shawn Mendes seemed to go over pretty well with critics (especially for a mainstream pop album from a 19-year-old who got famous on Vine)...but I wasn't really feeling the album after my first listen all the way through I'll still give it another try or two, and I'm not TOO shocked that it wasn't love-at-first-listen, after the singles/preview tracks didn't really click with me. Since it's such a slow album, I might need to be in a certain mood/state of mind to want to hear it (kind of like Miley's Younger Now, which I think you also loved a lot more than I did overall).

Why? Is my taste that bad?
                  NoOoOo, of course not! <3

I'd just love to see a little more synchronicity between us sometimes, but I'd never want our charts to be completely identical. Then there wouldn't be any new discoveries, or interesting debates/disagreements (like your inability to properly appreciate "Alone" though it looks like the GP is with you on that one. RIP).

Thanks a lot for checking out “Love To Hate”! I’m not that much surprised to hear you’re not that impressed by the song itself, but I love to hear that about her voice! She’s really an incredible live singer. I saw her live once (not a rock concert, but a Christmas concert with Christmas carols and some originals) and her voice was STUNNING.
                  Ah, so you've only gotten a chance to see Tarja once? Granted, that's still more than I've seen a lot of my faves in concert but you seem to go to shows pretty often. Does she not tour Switzerland much?

Awww. I still remember how Charli slayed your charts so I was really looking forward to hear your thoughts on “5 In The Morning”, also because I’m liking that new song sooo much. Is there a chance this may grow on you? It could become my favorite Charli song ever
                  Woah! I don't think I'll be sharing your enthusiasm anytime soon I re-visited Pop 2 last week, and "Backseat," "Unlock It," "Track 10," and "Out Of My Head" still sound SO much better to me Well, pretty much all of Pop 2 does But I'm still glad to see anything by her doing well on your chart!

Nice to hear you’re enjoying “Colour” as well! I agree with you though that it’s not Hailee’s best, but somehow it’s still typical her… at least it’s a nice addition to her discography.
                  Yeah, it's hard to say exactly why, but it really does feel like Hailee was the perfect pick to feature on that track. Maybe she helped write it?

Was “Girls Like You” already one of your favorites of the album before that single release? I think we shared our faves from the album a while ago but don’t really remember it. For me it wasn’t, but this whole release (remix + video) really worked.
                  Yeah...well, not on the same level as "What Lovers Do," which had me pretty obsessed...but "Girls Like You" has always been among the better half of Red Pill Blues for me. It was one of the highest-debuting songs from that album on my first chart after it came out (only below "Wait" and "Who I Am").

You’re right! The chartrun for SMFF was 30-Out-RE 30-Out
                  " " is right for that chart run! :evil:

2 (NEW) Alexander Jean feat. Lindsey Stirling – Stampede
                  8 (5) Charli XCX – 5 In The Morning
                  10 (6) Selena Gomez – Back To You
                  17 (13) Meghan Trainor – Let You Be Right
                  20 (14) Kygo & Miguel – Remind Me To Forget
                  22 (11) MNEK feat. Hailee Steinfeld – Colour
                  25 (NEW) Tove Lo feat. Charli XCX, Icona Pop & Alma – Bitches
                  30 (19) Meghan Trainor – Can’t Dance
                  • Looks like Lindsey's really getting her "featuring" on lately! I guess she's doing a co-headlining tour with Evanescence? Are they coming anywhere near you? Not too surprisingly, the Evanescence collabo is my favorite of these two, since it has (gorgeous) vocals, and I really loved some of Evanescence's earlier singles.
                  • How was Demi's concert? It hurts my heart a little to see that "Give Your Heart A Break" 'only' peaked at No. 9 (and spent a single week inside your Top 10) That was definitely her "breakthrough" hit with me, and is still her most-Scrobbled song in my library (by far).
                  • Although "Bitches" has never been one of my favorites from Blue Lips, and this new version doesn't really change that, it's pretty wild/awesome that it got another single after all this time, since "Disco Tits" came out waaayyy back in September I wonder if that's a record for the longest gap between a lead and follow-up single...

Yet another chart that has way more "highs" than "lows," Tansike!
                  last.fmPaulboard Top 30

Comment

• Hey Paul – first, let me thank you so much for keep on coming by & taking the time to reply every week. It happens that I always look forward to your comment every week and starting from this week on I will catch up with things again, so I’ll follow your charts closer again (well, I already followed it, but never left a comment, but this will change now)
                    Also, I LOVE (!!!) your new avatar so much!

**Hug** No one could blame you for that It's annoying enough to not be able to use it for free/fun-time, but Internet access is basically essential for so many parts of life today: getting work (or school) stuff done, staying in touch with friends/family, etc. Losing it cuts you off from a LOT, so I'm glad that you're officially back in the 21st century now! ;)

Aw, did all those penguin dolls face the same fate as your Yu-Gi-Oh collection and DigiPoké Team drawings? Ha, I can probably guess what ends up happening instead of Yellow whenever you go to your partner's place ;) ;) ;) I'll try not to nag you by asking every week, but let me know if/when you start playing Yellow again! You were getting pretty close to the end (or at least past the halfway point...)

Yeah, I'm definitely excited to explore a much better-looking Kanto, and see what tweaks they made to the region (and story) for Let's Go. From what's been revealed so far, the new rival's quite different from Blue/Gary back in the day, so I wonder if/how other characters might change too. I re-played that first Let's Go trailer a ton of times, constantly pausing it to catch as much as possible There was some gameplay footage shown at E3 last week too (mostly Viridian Forest/Vertania Wald and a little of Pewter/Marmoria City).
                    Thank you! True. It’s also important to pay the bills these days (through electronic banking), but I just did that at work!

No, I still have them… but I don’t know for how long, cause they’re just taking space away to be honest, and my memories to them aren’t as important as the ones to my comics or card collection. So I definitely made a wrong decision in what I kept and what I gave away. Haha, I didn’t even mean that, it’s just that we do some other stuff, watch a movie together or whatever, instead of me playing Pokémon. Sometimes he’s playing a game and I simply watch him play that game instead of playing one by myself. Aw, well, I’m okay with you asking this every week, unfortunately it’s still the same as of now. I already was sooo near to play again yesterday. Hopefully today. Somehow I miss it, but somehow it’s still not as important as some other stuff to me at the moment. Also, I have to admit that I’ve started to get interested in playing one of the newer ones again instead of Yellow… so let’s see how I’ll decide in the end.

Sounds interesting! Since they released Red/Blue on the Virtual Console not too long ago, it makes sense for them do change some stuff from the original series. Have you spotted something else worth a mention by watching that trailer several times?

**Fingers crossed** for sure! Art Angels was one of my favorite albums/most-pleasant-surprises of the past few years, so it'd be a HUGE bummer if her next album does nothing for me. :x

Speaking of Expectations, it looks like you're been enjoying "I'm A Mess"?
                    Same!

Yes, I enjoy it a lot and I’m really looking forward to hear the full thing on Friday <3

I noticed on its Wikipedia page that Shawn Mendes seemed to go over pretty well with critics (especially for a mainstream pop album from a 19-year-old who got famous on Vine)...but I wasn't really feeling the album after my first listen all the way through I'll still give it another try or two, and I'm not TOO shocked that it wasn't love-at-first-listen, after the singles/preview tracks didn't really click with me. Since it's such a slow album, I might need to be in a certain mood/state of mind to want to hear it (kind of like Miley's Younger Now, which I think you also loved a lot more than I did overall).
                    After I read that I just checked it by myself and woah, I didn’t expect this album to be that well received by critics – but I’m loving it! Definitely a case of a ‘teenage’ star delivering something really good and for everyone, not just young girls. Anyways, it’s nice to hear you checked the album out now, but kinda sad that it left you pretty cold, so I really hope some tracks will grow on you. It’s interesting how you say it’s a slow album, as it didn’t make such an impression on me. “Nervous”, “Particular Taste”, “Queen” and “Mutual” are all more uptempo and belong to my faves, but also some slower songs like “Like To Be You” or “Fallin’ All In You” are really good. Will be interesting to see how things turn out after a few more spins
                    Side note: He became famous through Vine? I had no idea!

NoOoOo, of course not! <3

I'd just love to see a little more synchronicity between us sometimes, but I'd never want our charts to be completely identical. Then there wouldn't be any new discoveries, or interesting debates/disagreements (like your inability to properly appreciate "Alone" though it looks like the GP is with you on that one. RIP).
                    I was just kidding, don’t worry!

I get what you mean and fully agree on that. It’s nice to have some similarities, but it’s also nice to have some stuff to discover. As for “Alone”, yes, sadly, but…. the “Strangers” video drops tomorrow!!

Ah, so you've only gotten a chance to see Tarja once? Granted, that's still more than I've seen a lot of my faves in concert but you seem to go to shows pretty often. Does she not tour Switzerland much?
                    Yes. You know, I only started attending concerts in 2012 and didn’t visit many back then (two in 2012, one in 2013, three in 2014), and I saw Tarja live in December 2015 on a Christmas tour. Her last proper rock album came out in 2016 and unfortunately I didn’t go to her concert back then. The thing is, until last Autumn, I never attended a concert where you couldn’t get seating tickets, as I used to have a chronic iron deficiency, so I never wanted to try it out as I was afraid I wouldn’t be able to stand there between all the people for so long, and would need to sit down which wouldn’t be possible if you’re in the middle of a crowd, and Tarja isn’t big enough to visit venues with seating places. So I ‘skipped’ her, except the Christmas concert, as that one was only seated and the venue was a theater (for obvious reasons, I think). But now I know that standing for two hours or so is actually possible, and she’ll release a new rock album in 2019, so I will most likely go and see her on her next tour, as she usually always visits Switzerland on her tour (it’s still one of her most successful countries besides Germany, Finland and part of South America).

Woah! I don't think I'll be sharing your enthusiasm anytime soon I re-visited Pop 2 last week, and "Backseat," "Unlock It," "Track 10," and "Out Of My Head" still sound SO much better to me Well, pretty much all of Pop 2 does But I'm still glad to see anything by her doing well on your chart!
                    Aw Okay, now that I finally enjoy a Charli song so much, maybe it’s time for me to re-visit “Pop 2” as well? Maybe I’ll take a listen later today to see what I think about it these days…

Yeah, it's hard to say exactly why, but it really does feel like Hailee was the perfect pick to feature on that track. Maybe she helped write it?
                    Strangely I found nothing about writing credits for “Colour”. But yeah, it may be the case that Hailee was a co-writer as well. Even though she hasn’t even released a full-length album and just a handful of singles, she still already found her own style, which is cool.

Yeah...well, not on the same level as "What Lovers Do," which had me pretty obsessed...but "Girls Like You" has always been among the better half of Red Pill Blues for me. It was one of the highest-debuting songs from that album on my first chart after it came out (only below "Wait" and "Who I Am").
                    Ah right. So it must be quite cool to get this song as a single now. I think they also promoted “Wait” in the US, but it got overlooked everywhere else, right? So the single choices are actually good for you

" " is right for that chart run! :evil:
                    Well to be honest with you, SMFF turned out to be a lowlight of the album for me. On first listen I enjoyed it, but I realized how basic and generic it actually is after more spins

• Looks like Lindsey's really getting her "featuring" on lately! I guess she's doing a co-headlining tour with Evanescence? Are they coming anywhere near you? Not too surprisingly, the Evanescence collabo is my favorite of these two, since it has (gorgeous) vocals, and I really loved some of Evanescence's earlier singles.
                    • How was Demi's concert? It hurts my heart a little to see that "Give Your Heart A Break" 'only' peaked at No. 9 (and spent a single week inside your Top 10) That was definitely her "breakthrough" hit with me, and is still her most-Scrobbled song in my library (by far).
                    • Although "Bitches" has never been one of my favorites from Blue Lips, and this new version doesn't really change that, it's pretty wild/awesome that it got another single after all this time, since "Disco Tits" came out waaayyy back in September I wonder if that's a record for the longest gap between a lead and follow-up single...

Yet another chart that has way more "highs" than "lows," Tansike!
                    Haha, true! It’s funny how the video for “Hi-Lo” came out in the same week as another song which featured her. Yes, she’s doing a co-headlining tour with Evanescence, but unfortunately it’s just for the US so far. Evanescence already toured Europe earlier this year and announced this co-headlining tour shortly before I saw them. Seeing both of them live together would be brilliant, so fingers crossed they’re expanding the tour with European dates as well.

Demi’s concert was much better than expected! She slayed vocally, and her performances were so much better as well. I didn’t know she’s such a good performer! Also, the staging was cool, the setlist was good as well – I only missed “Stone Cold”, “Skyscraper”, “Really Don’t Care” and “Kingdom Come” but understand why she didn’t perform them. As for GYHAB… its chart performance looks worse than it is. In fact, with the upcoming charts from Thursday already included (it’s already pretty much done as I’ll be busy tomorrow), it’s tied with another song as her fourth most successful song on my charts! Being in the Top20 for so long with just a #9 peak is actually quite a rare feat.

Wait – there never was another single of “Blue Lips”? Okay, that’s really interesting!

Thank you so much

Comment

• Re: My Charts - week 24 - Demi and a violin

The only Eurovision-related certification this year. Estonia once again.
                      Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• Originally posted by heppolo

Unfortunately no, Finland got one as well. „Monsters“ even went Platinum But Estonia could make it as well in the long run

Comment

Originally posted by heppolo

Unfortunately no, Finland got one as well. „Monsters“ even went Platinum But Estonia could make it as well in the long run
                          ooh, Saara Aalto being forgotten (once again)
                          Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

^ Hahaha, this actually made me laugh out loud now! Poor Saara

Anyways, i have to admit the ESC effect itself had a quite moderate effect on "Monsters" and it mostly got all the success prior the success, while "La forza" only debuted on my charts during the contest, so going Gold that way is quite impressive and i think she should stay on my charts for some more weeks

Comment

• Evanescence + Lindsey Stirling? Why do I have a feeling this song will be #1 for the rest of the year? I just checked it out, though, and it's not bad. I'm not too impressed by it on the first spin, but it might be a grower.

There are three Demi Lovato songs that stand apart from the rest for me, and I'm glad to see them all here: "Heart Attack", "Give Your Heart a Break", and "Cool for the Summer". All deserved to be chart-toppers.

13 (9) Cardi B, Bad Bunny & J Balvin – I Like It
                              24 (15) Mikolas Josef – Lie To Me
                              28 (RE) Luis Fonsi feat. Demi Lovato – Échame La Culpa
                              32 (28) Benjamin Ingrosso – Dance You Off
                              39 (22) Passenger – Hell Or High Water
                              40 (33) Waylon – Outlaw In ‘Em

I didn't mind "Lost In Japan" before the album came out, so that one was a big grower for me during the album release week. Glad to hear "Youth" is a keeper for you as it's definitely the highlight of "Shawn Mendes", though i have to say i'm absolutely positively surprised by the whole album. Did you already check out his previous releases? I think this new one is his best by far
                              I listened to Illuminate, and this new album is definitely better, but that doesn't say much because Illuminate was extremely meh.
                              Akini's Top 100 Albums of All-Time [2022 Edition: #85]
                              Your Billboard Top Ten: #1 Running Up That Hill (A Deal with God) [3 weeks]
                              AlbumClash 2.0: [Florence + the Machine vs. Drake]

I'm not saying I love you unconditionally, but we have been through a shitload of conditions and I'm still here.

Comment

^ You know, the Evanescence + Lindsey collaboration is actually already out for over a half year, as it's a song from Evanescence' latest album "Synthesis". Lindsey just wasn't credited on the album, but with the video release they also released a single edit with credits for her (finally). Due to the song being already so 'old' i'm already quite over it, so it won't be #1 for that long i'm afraid

Glad your favorite Demi songs are on the charts right now - and i'm loving the ones you mentioned as well!

Also nice to hear your thoughts about "Illuminate", as i felt the same

Comment

• I need to do a double post now as i'd like to put out a huge THANK YOU to everyone who ever commented on my charts or visited this topic! This week, 'My Charts' crossed 200,000 views and 4,000 replies - a huge milestone! Never did i expect this topic to be that popular, because when i started doing my own charts around twelve years ago i never thought someone would be interested in it, but i'm so thankful there are so many people who keep on checking out this topic - so thanks a lot <3 <3 <3

Comment

• thanks so much for all comments

My Charts - week 25/2018 – 21 june 2018 - another busy week
                                    • Singles Top40

[spoiler:18op3iyi]2018 keeps on being a really busy year, as there were many new releases last week, with ten of them being able to make an entry on the Singles Top40 this week. There was also a re-entry, plus Demi’s ongoing concert effect and some album releases really made this week another busy one.

Shortly before the first half of the year is already over, there’s another song which is able to spend its third week atop the charts, as Clean Bandit and Demi Lovato’s “Solo” returns 3-1. It follows up “Across The Sea” by Leaves’ Eyes and “The Space Between” by Auri as the third song to do so. Last year only had three songs to do three or more weeks during the whole year, so it may be a good sign for 2018 to have more songs with a better staying power atop the charts. Their biggest competition was “Stampede” by Alexander Jean and Lindsey Stirling, which stays at its position (2-2), with the other Lindsey Stirling featured track “Hi-Lo” by Evanescence falling 1-4.

The highest of all new arrivals comes in at number three. “Barbie Tingz” and “Chun-Li” both made the Top10 for Nicki Minaj just a few weeks ago, but they both didn’t show much staying power and already left the Top40 after three and four weeks. The rapper has released the follow-up called “Bed” now, and it features Ariana Grande, so it’s likely to see that song hanging on for longer than the previous two. With its arrival at #3 it becomes Nicki’s highest charting single as a lead artist since she arrived at #3 as well with “Anaconda” back in 2014, and “Anaconda” was also the last time she scored three Top10 peaking entries in a row, as the previous two tracks “Pills N Potions” and “Bang Bang” made the Top10 as well. It’s overall a fantastic week for Ariana Grande – well, in fact, it looks like 2018 may be her year. “No Tears Left To Cry” may leave the Top10 for its first time (9-12), but she’s also featured on a second new entry: “Dance To This”, the latest output of Troye Sivan’s upcoming second album “Bloom”. It enters the charts at #6, which is Troye’s very first Top10 entry. And with another Ariana & Nicki collaboration being released this week, it’s likely to see them having a very good debut next week as well.

Other new and re-entries this week: Bebe Rexha will finally drop her full-length debut album “Expectations” tomorrow, and last Friday saw the release of the third official single called “I’m A Mess”, which immediately becomes a hit by debuting at #5. Norwegian DJ and producer Kygo scored another hit lately with “Remind Me To Forget” (20-31), and even though the song isn’t even that old yet, he’s already back with a new song. This time he’s collaborated with Imagine Dragons on a song called “Born To Be Yours”, which is new at #7 as Kygo’s third and the band’s eighth Top10 hit. Australian boy band 5 Seconds Of Summer has released two albums in 2014 and 2015 and also collected a nice hit around the world in 2014 with “She Looks So Perfect”, but disappeared shortly after. A few weeks ago, they announced their third album “Youngblood” and what looked like a big flop at first turned out to be more successful than probably everyone ever expected, as the title track “Youngblood” has started to take off in a few countries and finally becomes their very first notation on my charts as well as it’s new at #13 this week. A sixth debut made the upper half as “Nervous” by Shawn Mendes is new at #19. It’s Shawn’s eighth chart entry, with half of them being from his current self-titled album.

Pitbull used to be a big hitmaker not so long ago, but out of a sudden it got quiet around him and his new releases never really took off. The Cuban rapper is back with new music now though, and the song is called “Amore”, becoming his first entry as a lead artist since three and a half years as it’s new at #25. The song features British singer Leona Lewis, who also didn’t score an entry in nearly three years. From one latin artist to another… Luis Fonsi may have had the biggest hit of 2017 with “Despacito”, though it was “Échame La Culpa” with Demi Lovato which became his first notation on my charts. He’s getting a second one now, as his new single “Calypso” with Stefflon Don enters the charts at #27. Rudimental, Major Lazer, Anne-Marie and Mr Eazi all teamed up on “Let Me Live” which debuts at #35 while Little Big Town’s “Summer Fever” arrives at #36 as the final new entry of the week. The mentioned re-entry belongs to Auri, as their “The Space Between” is back at #29.

Other talking points this week: Equinox’ “Bones” becomes the third ESC song to get certified as the Bulgarian entry goes Gold (16-17). The years 2013, 2014 and 2017 also got three certified entries each, only 2016 got more with four, and there’s still a chance to see 2018 reaching that as well, as Eleni Foureira’s “Fuego” (15-24) and Mikolas Josef’s “Lie To Me” (24-30) are still charting high enough to reach that feat sooner or later. With Elina Nechayeva’s “La forza” (14-21), Madame Monsieur’s “Mercy” (31-34) and Benjamin Ingrosso’s “Dance You Off” (32-37) there are another three songs from the contest which are still in the Top40. Demi Lovato did benefit from a full week concert effect the last time, and it doesn’t happen that often that some of the re-entries even increase the week after, but that’s the case with Demi. “Solo” with Clean Bandit was one example, the others being “Échame La Culpa” with Luis Fonsi (28-23) and “Fall In Line” by Christina Aguilera (36-18). The latter obviously also benefits from the album release of Christina’s new set “Liberation”. Overall it’s still a very good week for Demi, as “Tell Me You Love Me” (6-9) and “Give Your Heart A Break” (18-22) both go Gold, and she’s still charting with “Cool For The Summer” (12-20), “Heart Attack” (11-26) and “Confident” (21-33) too.

Christina Aguilera & Demi Lovato’s “Fall In Line” is the biggest climber while Lily Allen’s “Lost My Mind” drops 19-40 as the biggest loser this week.
                                    [/spoiler:18op3iyi]
                                    1 (3) Clean Bandit feat. Demi Lovato – Solo
                                    Chart Run: *1*-1-2-3-1- / 5w

2 (2) Alexander Jean feat. Lindsey Stirling – Stampede
                                    Chart Run: *2*-2- / 2w

3 (NEW) Nicki Minaj feat. Ariana Grande – Bed
                                    Chart Run: *3*- / 1w

4 (1) Evanescence feat. Lindsey Stirling – Hi-Lo
                                    Chart Run: *1*-4- / 2w

5 (NEW) Bebe Rexha – I’m A Mess

6 (NEW) Troye Sivan feat. Ariana Grande – Dance To This
                                    Chart Run: *6*- / 1w

7 (NEW) Kygo & Imagine Dragons – Born To Be Yours
                                    Chart Run: *7*- / 1w

8 (4) Tarja – Love To Hate
                                    Chart Run: *1*-4-8- / 3w

9 (6) Demi Lovato – Tell Me You Love Me *G*
                                    Chart Run: 10-19-35-Out-RE 12-14-9-16-25-Out-RE *6*-9- / 10w

10 (5) Namika – Je ne parle pas français
                                    Chart Run: 21-*5*-10- / 3w

11 (10) Selena Gomez – Back To You
                                    Chart Run: 4-*2*-4-6-10-11- / 6w

12 (9) Ariana Grande – No Tears Left To Cry *G*
                                    Chart Run: *1*-1-4-9-5-3-4-9-12- / 9w

13 (NEW) 5 Seconds Of Summer – Youngblood
                                    Chart Run: *13*- / 1w

14 (13) Cardi B, Bad Bunny & J Balvin – I Like It
                                    Chart Run: *9*-13-14- / 3w

15 (8) Charli XCX – 5 In The Morning
                                    Chart Run: *5*-8-15- / 3w

16 (7) Shawn Mendes feat. Khalid – Youth
                                    Chart Run: 11-19-8-*2*-3-7-16- / 7w

17 (16) Equinox – Bones *G*
                                    Chart Run: 6-6-*5*-6-8-10-16-17- / 8w

18 (36) Christina Aguilera feat. Demi Lovato – Fall In Line
                                    Chart Run: *11*-28-Out-RE 36-18- / 4w

19 (NEW) Shawn Mendes – Nervous
                                    Chart Run: *19*- / 1w

20 (12) Demi Lovato – Cool For The Summer
                                    Chart Run: *1*-4-8-10-19-30-33-38-Out-RE 31-40-40-Out-RE 12-20- / 13w

21 (14) Elina Nechayeva – La forza *G*
                                    Chart Run: 3-*1*-1-3-6-7-14-21- / 8w

22 (18) Demi Lovato – Give Your Heart A Break *G*
                                    Chart Run: 15-14-*9*-14-14-15-14-18-Out-RE 18-22- / 10w

23 (28) Luis Fonsi feat. Demi Lovato – Échame La Culpa
                                    Chart Run: *19*-38-Out-RE 28-23- / 4w

24 (15) Eleni Foureira – Fuego
                                    Chart Run: 3-*2*-4-5-8-15-24- / 7w

25 (NEW) Pitbull feat. Leona Lewis – Amore
                                    Chart Run: *25*- / 1w

26 (11) Demi Lovato – Heart Attack *P*
                                    Chart Run: 18-21-21-8-7-9-6-8-9-*3*-5-10-13-17-21-24-25-25-28-35-38-33-35-40-Out-RE 11-26- / 26w

27 (NEW) Luis Fonsi & Stefflon Don – Calypso
                                    Chart Run: *27*- / 1w

28 (17) Meghan Trainor – Let You Be Right
                                    Chart Run: 21-18-*13*-17-28- / 5w

29 (RE) Auri – The Space Between *G*
                                    Chart Run: *1*-9-1-2-1-6-11-17-30-Out-RE 29- / 10w

30 (24) Mikolas Josef – Lie To Me
                                    Chart Run: 11-8-*7*-12-10-15-24-30- / 8w

31 (20) Kygo & Miguel – Remind Me To Forget
                                    Chart Run: 35-Out-RE *16*-16-14-20-31- / 6w

32 (23) Kylie Minogue – Golden
                                    Chart Run: *18*-23-32- / 3w

33 (21) Demi Lovato – Confident
                                    Chart Run: *16*-25-39-Out-RE 38-32-25-39-Out-RE 21-33- / 9w

34 (31) Madame Monsieur – Mercy
                                    Chart Run: *10*-18-29-25-31-34- / 6w

35 (NEW) Rudimental & Major Lazer feat. Anne-Marie & Mr Eazi – Let Me Live
                                    Chart Run: *35*- / 1w

36 (NEW) Little Big Town – Summer Fever
                                    Chart Run: *36*- / 1w

37 (32) Benjamin Ingrosso – Dance You Off
                                    Chart Run: *8*-15-23-28-32-37- / 6w

38 (26) Maroon 5 feat. Cardi B – Girls Like You
                                    Chart Run: *17*-26-38- / 3w

39 (25) Tove Lo feat. Charli XCX, Icona Pop & Alma – Bitches
                                    Chart Run: *25*-39- / 2w

40 (19) Lily Allen – Lost My Mind
                                    Chart Run: *19*-40- / 2w

Out of Top40
                                    Out (22) MNEK feat. Hailee Steinfeld – Colour (2w)
                                    Out (27) Shawn Mendes – Lost In Japan (4w)
                                    Out (29) Fifth Harmony – Don’t Say You Love Me (4w)
                                    Out (30) Meghan Trainor – Can’t Dance (4w)
                                    Out (33) Demi Lovato – Sorry Not Sorry (6w)
                                    Out (34) Céline Dion – Ashes (6w)
                                    Out (35) Jessie J – Queen (3w)
                                    Out (37) Blanche – Wrong Turn (3w)
                                    Out (38) Charlie Puth feat. Khelani – Done For Me (12w)
                                    Out (39) Passenger – Hell Or High Water (4w)
                                    Out (40) Waylon – Outlaw In ‘Em (5w)

New certifications
                                    "Bones” by Equinox and Demi Lovato’s “Tell Me You Love Me” & “Give Your Heart A Break” all go GOLD (250+ points)

Comment

My Charts - week 25/2018 – 21 june 2018 - another busy week
                                      • Album Top20

[spoiler:ztlf3mkf]Similar to the Singles Top40, Demi Lovato’s concert effect not only had an effect for a single week, but the singer continues to have a strong charts performance and even remains atop the Album Top20 for a second week with “Tell Me You Love Me”. Unlike last week, the competition was actually even stronger this time, as there are three new arrivals and one of them was expected to have a very good debut, though it’s not the highest in the end. The highest one belongs to Mike Shinoda, a part of the American rock band Linkin Park. Following the very sad passing of their lead singer Chester Bennington last year, Mike Shinoda has decided to record a full-length solo album which is called “Post Traumatic”, came out last Friday and makes its debut at #2 this week. It’s not only his very first notation as a soloist on the album charts, but on my charts overall, as he has yet to get an entry on the Singles Top40.

The expected high arrival is “Liberation”, the long awaited eighth studio album by Christina Aguilera. The set has spawned two singles entries so far with the #10 peaking “Accelerate” and “Fall In Line”, which features this weeks number one Demi Lovato. “Liberation” starts at #3 as Christina’s third chart entry since my album charts started back in 2010, with “Bionic” (#6) and “Lotus” (#2) being her other two entries. The third and final debut goes to Australian boy band 5 Seconds Of Summer. The band has released their third album “Youngblood”, which makes its debut at #5.

Other talking points this week: Demi’s ongoing success is also impressive when it comes to albums, as “Confident” stays incredibly stable (3-4) while “Unbroken” comes back to #16 and basically switches a spot in the Top20 with “Demi”, which falls out. Loreena McKennitt gets her very first certification ever as “Lost Souls” goes Gold in its sixth week (6-9), with all of them being in the upper half. Speaking of, Anne-Marie’s “Speak Your Mind” leaves that part for the first time (9-11), with Auri’s self-titled album coming close to that region again (17-12). Cardi B’s “Invasion Of Privacy” (#18) and The Dark Element’s “The Dark Element” (#20) are both able to make a little comeback, while Owl City’s “Cinematic” and Jessie J’s “R.O.S.E.” both disappoint and already leave the Top20 completely, after a meager two and three weeks.
                                      [/spoiler:ztlf3mkf]
                                      1 (1) Demi Lovato – Tell Me You Love Me *G*
                                      Chart Run: 2-3-4-7-13-18-16-18-Out-RE 14-*1*-1- / 11w

2 (NEW) Mike Shinoda – Post Traumatic

3 (NEW) Christina Aguilera – Liberation
                                      Chart Run: *3*- / 1w

4 (3) Demi Lovato – Confident *G*
                                      Chart Run: 2-*1*-4-8-12-19-Out-RE 15-12-16-Out-RE 13-18-Out-RE 3-4- / 13w

5 (NEW) 5 Seconds Of Summer – Youngblood

6 (2) Lily Allen – No Shame
                                      Chart Run: *2*-6- / 2w

7 (4) Shawn Mendes – Shawn Mendes
                                      Chart Run: 2-*1*-4-7- / 4w

8 (8) My Indigo – My Indigo *G*
                                      Chart Run: *1*-1-2-4-4-5-7-8-8- / 9w

9 (6) Loreena McKennitt – Lost Souls *G*
                                      Chart Run: 3-*1*-3-2-6-9- / 6w

10 (7) Charlie Puth – Voicenotes
                                      Chart Run: *2*-2-4-3-7-10- / 6w

11 (9) Anne-Marie – Speak Your Mind *G*
                                      Chart Run: *2*-4-6-6-8-9-9-11- / 8w

12 (17) Auri – Auri *G*
                                      Chart Run: *1*-2-1-3-7-10-10-14-16-16-15-17-12- / 13w

13 (11) Ashley Monroe – Sparrow
                                      Chart Run: 8-11-12-15-*7*-7-8-11-13- / 9w

14 (13) Eurovision Song Contest 2018 *G*
                                      Chart Run: 5-7-5-3-*1*-1-3-6-10-13-14- / 11w

15 (5) Lykke Li – so sad so sexy
                                      Chart Run: *5*-15- / 2w

16 (RE) Demi Lovato – Unbroken
                                      Chart Run: 5-8-Out-RE 10-*4*-7-9-10-Out-RE 16- / 8w

17 (10) Namika – Que Walou
                                      Chart Run: *5*-10-17- / 3w

18 (RE) Cardi B – Invasion Of Privacy *G*
                                      Chart Run: 3-*2*-3-8-8-11-14-18-Out-RE 18- / 9w

19 (16) Evanescence – Synthesis *G*
                                      Chart Run: 2-3-6-9-9-13-15-14-18-Out-RE 11-*1*-2-6-10-14-19-Out-RE 16-19- / 18w

20 (RE) The Dark Element (Anette Olzon & Jani Liimatainen) – The Dark Element *P*
                                      Chart Run: *1*-1-1-2-3-5-9-5-6-9-7-3-4-1-3-5-2-4-10-14-15-Out-RE 16-19-Out-RE 20- / 24w

Out of Top20
                                      Out (12) Owl City – Cinematic (2w)
                                      Out (14) Jessie J – R.O.S.E. (3w)
                                      Out (15) CHVRCHES – Love Is Dead (3w)
                                      Out (18) Lindsey Stirling – Brave Enough *3xP* (62w)
                                      Out (19) Demi Lovato – Demi *P* (26w)
                                      Out (20) Faun – XV - Best Of *G* (17w)

New certifications
                                      ”Lost Souls” by Loreena McKennitt goes GOLD (100+ points)

Comment

I need to do a double post now as i'd like to put out a huge THANK YOU to everyone who ever commented on my charts or visited this topic! This week, 'My Charts' crossed 200,000 views and 4,000 replies - a huge milestone! Never did i expect this topic to be that popular, because when i started doing my own charts around twelve years ago i never thought someone would be interested in it, but i'm so thankful there are so many people who keep on checking out this topic - so thanks a lot <3 <3 <3
                                        Hey Tansike

First of all etc.. at those stats. That's an amazing achievement, and as you know i love to follow your chart each week.

We share a similar taste in music and i have discovered some wonderful songs here so its really deserved. <3 Here's to the next 4k replies and 200k views.

Comment

• Whilst i'm here i might as well start adding to that tally.

Gosh! I didn't expect Solo to return to your #1 after seeing Lindsey Stirling dominating your top 2 last week. This is pretty much set to be #1 in the UK tomorrow and i'm so happy about this, it will be the best UK #1 of the year so far.

So i'm gonna comment on these together. I did actually give them both a listen (just didn't find the time to comment ). But of the two i liked the Evanescence track more so i was delighted that this ended up as your #1. As for the Alexander Jean track, i do like this and its actually quite an endearing track. I even added both songs to my list of potential future entries in my chart. Of course there's been an abundance of new music throughout the week so right now, i really haven't a clue how my next chart is gonna look.

This is amazing, i love the exotic summer vibes in the production. It's Nicki's most radio friendly and assessable song for some time so naturally i was gonna enjoy this. Ariana's vocals on the chorus are so lush. I even prefer this more than The light is coming.

It seems like this is proving popular with others on UK Mix but i'm not feeling it as much. I gave it listen a couple of nights back and whilst i did like it, it didn't leave much of a lasting impression. Probably unlikely to enter my chart this Saturday but who knows, it could continue growing on me and become a future hit.

Ahh i thought this was gonna be your new #1 as you seemed to be a lot more positive about this track than i am. As much as i do enjoy Dance to this, it still pales in comparison to both My, my, my and Bloom.

This is so much more instant than the Miguel track Remind me to forget which took about two months before it finally entered my chart. This is definitely entering my chart this coming weekend and potentially higher than in your chart, but i've still got one more day yet which could change how my final chart looks. It's an unpredictable week for sure.

I also want to thank you for this track which i checked out last week. It appears to be doing well in Germany so i'm guessing it's also a hit in Switzerland? I also listened to the remix version with Black M too. I'm not familiar with either artist but this could become a hit in my chart in the coming weeks if it keeps my interest levels high.

Wow, so this become their first ever chart hit here? Youngblood is officially the guys' highest charting single in my chart now having hit a peak of #12. I think it's incredibly impressive that they have matured and developed beyond their teenybopper fanbase and have got a song that is appealing to a wider demographic audience. Something i would never have expected to see when they started out.

Well this ended up being an anti climax. When i read about this i was hoping that Pitbull & Leona would deliver a really upbeat fun party track...but instead they gave us this forgettable non event of a track instead. :-? Needless to say, this won't be entering my chart.

Best of the rest:

Comment

• Originally posted by JakeP
                                            I need to do a double post now as i'd like to put out a huge THANK YOU to everyone who ever commented on my charts or visited this topic! This week, 'My Charts' crossed 200,000 views and 4,000 replies - a huge milestone! Never did i expect this topic to be that popular, because when i started doing my own charts around twelve years ago i never thought someone would be interested in it, but i'm so thankful there are so many people who keep on checking out this topic - so thanks a lot <3 <3 <3
                                            Hey Tansike

First of all etc.. at those stats. That's an amazing achievement, and as you know i love to follow your chart each week.

We share a similar taste in music and i have discovered some wonderful songs here so its really deserved. <3 Here's to the next 4k replies and 200k views.
                                            Awww... thank you so much <3 I really appreciate it that you're following my charts and keep on discovering some stuff every now and then <3

Comment

• Originally posted by JakeP
                                              Whilst i'm here i might as well start adding to that tally.

Gosh! I didn't expect Solo to return to your #1 after seeing Lindsey Stirling dominating your top 2 last week. This is pretty much set to be #1 in the UK tomorrow and i'm so happy about this, it will be the best UK #1 of the year so far.
                                              Hey Jake

Well, “Solo” has been stuck in my head again lately and I kept on playing it over and over again, while the two Lindsey featured track didn’t have such a replay value for me last week. I’m also glad that this also gets the chance to top the UK charts, definitely well deserved!

Originally posted by JakeP
                                              So i'm gonna comment on these together. I did actually give them both a listen (just didn't find the time to comment ). But of the two i liked the Evanescence track more so i was delighted that this ended up as your #1. As for the Alexander Jean track, i do like this and its actually quite an endearing track. I even added both songs to my list of potential future entries in my chart. Of course there's been an abundance of new music throughout the week so right now, i really haven't a clue how my next chart is gonna look.
                                              First of all, YAY that you checked them out <3 Second… not surprised you prefer “Hi-Lo”, as it’s Evanescence after all. Unfortunately, the track itself was already released last year so I’m already a little bit ‘over it’ by now which is why it already fell 1-4.
                                              That’s amazing news for both of the songs. Sooooo I really cross my fingers that one may appear on your charts sooner or later

This is amazing, i love the exotic summer vibes in the production. It's Nicki's most radio friendly and assessable song for some time so naturally i was gonna enjoy this. Ariana's vocals on the chorus are so lush. I even prefer this more than The light is coming.
                                              Yes! I agree with you that it’s Nicki’s best in years and I hope this turns into a nice hit for them both. It’s still too early for me to tell if I enjoy this more than “The Light Is Coming” but that one will definitely make a great debut on my charts next week as well

It seems like this is proving popular with others on UK Mix but i'm not feeling it as much. I gave it listen a couple of nights back and whilst i did like it, it didn't leave much of a lasting impression. Probably unlikely to enter my chart this Saturday but who knows, it could continue growing on me and become a future hit.
                                              Aww… I think this is a strong pop record and I’ve been quite a fan for everything Bebe has released lately, so I’m not surprised at how much I’m liking this. It’s just a fun song with a nice sing-a-long chorus.

Ahh i thought this was gonna be your new #1 as you seemed to be a lot more positive about this track than i am. As much as i do enjoy Dance to this, it still pales in comparison to both My, my, my and Bloom.
                                              #1?! Well, yeah, I was positive about this, but it’s still far from being an amazing song or so. It’s very good, of course, and especially compared to Troye’s previous tracks it made a much better impression on me, also because I never got much into “Bloom”, “The Other Side” or “My My My”. It’s also the very first time Troye hits my Top10

This is so much more instant than the Miguel track Remind me to forget which took about two months before it finally entered my chart. This is definitely entering my chart this coming weekend and potentially higher than in your chart, but i've still got one more day yet which could change how my final chart looks. It's an unpredictable week for sure.
                                              We felt the same there! “Remind Me To Forget” also took ages to finally grow on me but now I think it’s quite good. I’m already excited to see how this will do on your charts – there’s currently a lot of competition out, and I’m loving that!

I also want to thank you for this track which i checked out last week. It appears to be doing well in Germany so i'm guessing it's also a hit in Switzerland? I also listened to the remix version with Black M too. I'm not familiar with either artist but this could become a hit in my chart in the coming weeks if it keeps my interest levels high.
                                              Yay! Glad you checked this out & enjoyed it! As you say, it’s quite big in Germany (#2 last week, has a chance to reach #1 this or next week), but only just started in Switzerland, as it’s charting for only two weeks so far (but it rose 83-69 this week). It’s likely to get much bigger than it is right now over here, as it’s rising a lot on iTunes and Spotify, which is well deserved. I don’t know if you checked out “Lieblingsmensch” in 2015, which was her breakthrough hit (#1 in Germany with 43 weeks on the chart, #2 peak in Austria and #14 in Switzerland). It’s quite good as well and I’m so happy that she got another hit with “Je ne parle pas français”

Wow, so this become their first ever chart hit here? Youngblood is officially the guys' highest charting single in my chart now having hit a peak of #12. I think it's incredibly impressive that they have matured and developed beyond their teenybopper fanbase and have got a song that is appealing to a wider demographic audience. Something i would never have expected to see when they started out.
                                              Yes! Actually, I have to admit I never checked out “She Looks So Perfect”, at least from what I remember, maybe I simply forgot it! I completely agree, and while it’s a surprise they got a hit these days, it’s absolutely deserved as “Youngblood” is really good.

Well this ended up being an anti climax. When i read about this i was hoping that Pitbull & Leona would deliver a really upbeat fun party track...but instead they gave us this forgettable non event of a track instead. :-? Needless to say, this won't be entering my chart.
                                              Poor them! I think it’s not even that bad but it will most likely be a one-week-run on my charts…

Best of the rest:
                                              That’s a lot!

Comment

Hey Paul – first, let me thank you so much for keep on coming by & taking the time to reply every week. It happens that I always look forward to your comment every week and starting from this week on I will catch up with things again, so I’ll follow your charts closer again (well, I already followed it, but never left a comment, but this will change now)

Also, I LOVE (!!!) your new avatar so much!
                                                Aw - you're totally welcome, Tansike You've got such a great personality/attitude that always makes it fun to interact with you on here. It helps that we share some non-music interests (like Pokémon), and your chart is a really perfect mix of songs that I already know/like, combined with songs I'd probably never come across otherwise that make me step outside my usual musical comfort zone/bubble. ;)

Ha, glad you approve of Eevee <3 It's funny, because I'll probably end up buying the Pikachu version of Let's Go (since you can't evolve your starter, like in Yellow, and I'd rather work with an un-evolvable Pikachu than an un-evolvable Eevee) - but so much of Eevee's art is so damn cute, I'd rather use that for an avatar.

Thank you! True. It’s also important to pay the bills these days (through electronic banking), but I just did that at work!

No, I still have them… but I don’t know for how long, cause they’re just taking space away to be honest, and my memories to them aren’t as important as the ones to my comics or card collection. So I definitely made a wrong decision in what I kept and what I gave away. Haha, I didn’t even mean that, it’s just that we do some other stuff, watch a movie together or whatever, instead of me playing Pokémon. Sometimes he’s playing a game and I simply watch him play that game instead of playing one by myself. Aw, well, I’m okay with you asking this every week, unfortunately it’s still the same as of now. I already was sooo near to play again yesterday. Hopefully today. Somehow I miss it, but somehow it’s still not as important as some other stuff to me at the moment. Also, I have to admit that I’ve started to get interested in playing one of the newer ones again instead of Yellow… so let’s see how I’ll decide in the end.

Sounds interesting! Since they released Red/Blue on the Virtual Console not too long ago, it makes sense for them do change some stuff from the original series. Have you spotted something else worth a mention by watching that trailer several times?
                                                Ah, yeah, I definitely wouldn't want to have to deal with sending an actual check through the mail in order to pay those!

It's a similar situation for me, where I still had a bunch of old stuffed animals/Beanie Babies lying around my old house for years, but most of the stuff that I wish I'd kept now was given away/lost over the years. Which games has your man been hooked on lately? Any chance he'll want to play Let's Go with you once it's out...?

HmMmMm, I don't think I spotted anything TOO noteworthy in that first trailer (mostly just trying to recognize the setting/cities in each shot), but someone noticed in the E3 gameplay footage that there's wild Bulbasaur in Viridian Forest/Vertania Wald, which is a pretty cool addition!

After I read that I just checked it by myself and woah, I didn’t expect this album to be that well received by critics – but I’m loving it! Definitely a case of a ‘teenage’ star delivering something really good and for everyone, not just young girls. Anyways, it’s nice to hear you checked the album out now, but kinda sad that it left you pretty cold, so I really hope some tracks will grow on you. It’s interesting how you say it’s a slow album, as it didn’t make such an impression on me. “Nervous”, “Particular Taste”, “Queen” and “Mutual” are all more uptempo and belong to my faves, but also some slower songs like “Like To Be You” or “Fallin’ All In You” are really good. Will be interesting to see how things turn out after a few more spins
                                                Well...I guess most of the album seems slow compared to something like "There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back," which had been my favorite of his (and still is, I guess). A few songs on Shawn Mendes did manage to stand out as I kept re-visiting the album last week, though, and "Nervous" was definitely one of them (along with "Fallin' All In You" and "Why").

Overall, Shawn Mendes still doesn't do as much for me as some of the other albums that I've checked out this year, but there's enough worthwhile (non-single) tracks to discover that I'm glad I gave it a chance in full.

I get what you mean and fully agree on that. It’s nice to have some similarities, but it’s also nice to have some stuff to discover. As for “Alone”, yes, sadly, but…. the “Strangers” video drops tomorrow!!
                                                At long last! I think I saw somewhere that you weren't too impressed with it, though?

Yes. You know, I only started attending concerts in 2012 and didn’t visit many back then (two in 2012, one in 2013, three in 2014), and I saw Tarja live in December 2015 on a Christmas tour. Her last proper rock album came out in 2016 and unfortunately I didn’t go to her concert back then. The thing is, until last Autumn, I never attended a concert where you couldn’t get seating tickets, as I used to have a chronic iron deficiency, so I never wanted to try it out as I was afraid I wouldn’t be able to stand there between all the people for so long, and would need to sit down which wouldn’t be possible if you’re in the middle of a crowd, and Tarja isn’t big enough to visit venues with seating places. So I ‘skipped’ her, except the Christmas concert, as that one was only seated and the venue was a theater (for obvious reasons, I think). But now I know that standing for two hours or so is actually possible, and she’ll release a new rock album in 2019, so I will most likely go and see her on her next tour, as she usually always visits Switzerland on her tour (it’s still one of her most successful countries besides Germany, Finland and part of South America).
                                                Ah, I never knew that you had to deal with that deficiency (and still do?), so thanks for sharing that **Hug** What kind of treatment was needed for that? I’m glad that you've managed to make it through standing-room-only concerts more recently! #survivor

Aw Okay, now that I finally enjoy a Charli song so much, maybe it’s time for me to re-visit “Pop 2” as well? Maybe I’ll take a listen later today to see what I think about it these days…
                                                Maybe we'll be more in agreement on "Focus" or "No Angel" ;) **Fingers crossed**

Ah right. So it must be quite cool to get this song as a single now. I think they also promoted “Wait” in the US, but it got overlooked everywhere else, right? So the single choices are actually good for you
                                                Yeah, I thought "Wait" had been a proper single everywhere, but it flopped HARD overseas (No. 79 in the UK, No. 91 in Australia, etc.), so maybe it was only really pushed/promoted n the US? :-? Either way, "Girls Like You" has definitely gotten them back on track, charts-wise! Seems to be their biggest hit since..."Sugar," I guess?

Well to be honest with you, SMFF turned out to be a lowlight of the album for me. On first listen I enjoyed it, but I realized how basic and generic it actually is after more spins
                                                It's one of Golden's highlights for me (possibly my absolute favorite track across the whole album)...but you're not the first person I've seen who thinks the first two singles are actually some of the weakest moments on the album. :x

Haha, true! It’s funny how the video for “Hi-Lo” came out in the same week as another song which featured her. Yes, she’s doing a co-headlining tour with Evanescence, but unfortunately it’s just for the US so far. Evanescence already toured Europe earlier this year and announced this co-headlining tour shortly before I saw them. Seeing both of them live together would be brilliant, so fingers crossed they’re expanding the tour with European dates as well.
                                                **Fingers and toes crossed** for ya!

Demi’s concert was much better than expected! She slayed vocally, and her performances were so much better as well. I didn’t know she’s such a good performer! Also, the staging was cool, the setlist was good as well – I only missed “Stone Cold”, “Skyscraper”, “Really Don’t Care” and “Kingdom Come” but understand why she didn’t perform them. As for GYHAB… its chart performance looks worse than it is. In fact, with the upcoming charts from Thursday already included (it’s already pretty much done as I’ll be busy tomorrow), it’s tied with another song as her fourth most successful song on my charts! Being in the Top20 for so long with just a #9 peak is actually quite a rare feat.
                                                Ooh...props to Demi for defying your expectations! I don't think I've ever watched a live performance of hers, but it's good to know that she's capable of truly entertaining. Is she a surprisingly good dancer? Bummer about "Really Don't Care," since I'm a big fan of that one, but I get what you mean about it not being too shocking that she chose to skip those (granted, "Skyscraper" was basically her "comeback" hit...)

Wait – there never was another single of “Blue Lips”? Okay, that’s really interesting!
                                                I'd forgotten about "Cycles" when I was writing that comment last week but I'm not sure if that was ever actually promoted anywhere, or was just rumored to be a single at one point? It never got a video, and it's not listed as a single on Wikipedia...

9 (6) Demi Lovato – Tell Me You Love Me *G*
                                                15 (8) Charli XCX – 5 In The Morning
                                                19 (NEW) Shawn Mendes – Nervous
                                                22 (18) Demi Lovato – Give Your Heart A Break *G*
                                                28 (17) Meghan Trainor – Let You Be Right
                                                29 (RE) Auri – The Space Between *G*
                                                39 (25) Tove Lo feat. Charli XCX, Icona Pop & Alma – Bitches
                                                • I'm lovin' this surprise rebound for "Solo" "Hi-Lo" is likable enough, but I'm definitely partial toward "Solo."
                                                • I know you love Ari, but I still wasn't expecting such a strong start for "Dance To This" (maybe because I'm pretty underwhelmed by it myself) I much preferred "My My My!" and "Bloom," but I guess this one has some...subtle/mellow/chill charms to it.
                                                • Exciting to see 5SOS earn their first-ever entry with "Youngblood."
                                                • Solid Top 20 start for "Nervous." Since it got a video, hopefully he'll properly push it as his next single. It'd easily be my favorite single from this era so far.
                                                • Impressive for Demi to earn two Gold certs in the same week (especially since "Give Your Heart A Break" "only" peaked at No. 9).

Yet another chart that's one-of-a-kind, Tansike!
                                                last.fmPaulboard Top 30

Comment

• 3 (NEW) Nicki Minaj feat. Ariana Grande – Bed
                                                  Chart Run: *6*- / 1w
                                                  Ariana seems to be slaying everyone's charts at the moment!!! I mentioned in another thread that her recent releases are still needing to grow on me. They just aren't capturing me like nearly every other release of hers has had. Even Everyday got me more excited.

Loved the Demi comeback a bit!!! Cool For The Summer is yet to sound dated at all for me.

Hold on Kylie . I'm glad to see that Golden has managed to make a small impact with you Tansike. Your charts usually don't get rocked too much by a Kylie release, so this warms my heart! <3
                                                  Time stops for the Kween everytime WBT is performed.
                                                  Originally posted by Goldmoney
                                                  So does her microphone

Comment

• Originally posted by phoenix98
                                                    Aw - you're totally welcome, Tansike You've got such a great personality/attitude that always makes it fun to interact with you on here. It helps that we share some non-music interests (like Pokémon), and your chart is a really perfect mix of songs that I already know/like, combined with songs I'd probably never come across otherwise that make me step outside my usual musical comfort zone/bubble. ;)

Ha, glad you approve of Eevee <3 It's funny, because I'll probably end up buying the Pikachu version of Let's Go (since you can't evolve your starter, like in Yellow, and I'd rather work with an un-evolvable Pikachu than an un-evolvable Eevee) - but so much of Eevee's art is so damn cute, I'd rather use that for an avatar.
                                                    Thanks, same to you <3 <3 <3 True, sometimes it’s also very cool to share some non-music stuff with each other on this site

Is it really confirmed you can’t evolve them? Don’t see the point of picking Eevee then So I’m definitely going with the Pikachu version as well. But yeah, the artwork is cute and overall it’s still one of the most iconic Pokémon to me.

It's a similar situation for me, where I still had a bunch of old stuffed animals/Beanie Babies lying around my old house for years, but most of the stuff that I wish I'd kept now was given away/lost over the years. Which games has your man been hooked on lately? Any chance he'll want to play Let's Go with you once it's out...?

HmMmMm, I don't think I spotted anything TOO noteworthy in that first trailer (mostly just trying to recognize the setting/cities in each shot), but someone noticed in the E3 gameplay footage that there's wild Bulbasaur in Viridian Forest/Vertania Wald, which is a pretty cool addition!
                                                    I have absolutely no idea! He’s playing some games on his iPhone lately, and these are quite boring to me. There are two games he’s playing all the time, something like a shooter game and something with bubbles. As for Let’s Go, I’m not sure about that. Maybe he’ll try it out as he also tried Pokémon Tekken out due to me and he really enjoyed it.

Oh wow, this would be brilliant They should have added something like this in the main series as well, especially in the latter games. How cool would it be if some old starter Pokémon would be able to catch in a normal playthrough!

Well...I guess most of the album seems slow compared to something like "There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back," which had been my favorite of his (and still is, I guess). A few songs on Shawn Mendes did manage to stand out as I kept re-visiting the album last week, though, and "Nervous" was definitely one of them (along with "Fallin' All In You" and "Why").

Overall, Shawn Mendes still doesn't do as much for me as some of the other albums that I've checked out this year, but there's enough worthwhile (non-single) tracks to discover that I'm glad I gave it a chance in full.
                                                    Ah okay, makes sense. Also, these are some nice choices for your favorite songs, especially “Fallin’ All In You”.

Very happy to hear you’re not too ‘mad’ that you checked this out and that it wasn’t for nothing. And who knows, maybe one track will grow on you even more?

At long last! I think I saw somewhere that you weren't too impressed with it, though?
                                                    Yes. I mean, it’s a simple boxing video, I expected a lot more for a song which has been a fan favorite since day one and Halsey AND Lauren knew about that. Plus, it would have been a great opportunity to do a LGBT video, as the song is also about that and they’re both bi from what I remember. Would have been cool, especially now that it’s pride month. The video even had a negative effect on me – with a great one it could have been an easy chart topper, but with lots of other new entries it will be a tough battle now. What are your thoughts about the video?

Ah, I never knew that you had to deal with that deficiency (and still do?), so thanks for sharing that **Hug** What kind of treatment was needed for that? I’m glad that you've managed to make it through standing-room-only concerts more recently! #survivor
                                                    Still do, but it’s better these days than it was as a child. It was actually quite simple, eating more meat and stuff with enough protein, plus there were some other possible treatments but we never followed that (with we I mean me and my mother, as it was a thing in my childhood), because of lack of money. Anyways, thank you! <3

Maybe we'll be more in agreement on "Focus" or "No Angel" ;) **Fingers crossed**
                                                    Ah, I’m actually looking forward to hear them as well!

Yeah, I thought "Wait" had been a proper single everywhere, but it flopped HARD overseas (No. 79 in the UK, No. 91 in Australia, etc.), so maybe it was only really pushed/promoted n the US? :-? Either way, "Girls Like You" has definitely gotten them back on track, charts-wise! Seems to be their biggest hit since..."Sugar," I guess?
                                                    I think so. Okay, to be fair, they’re pretty much an US radio darling, everything gets a lot of airplay there, so it’s ‘easier’ for them to get a hit in the US while it really has to click with the people in other countries to become a hit. I guess you mean worldwide? I think “Don’t Wanna Know” and “What Lovers Do” were actually quite big hits in many countries as well…
                                                    And now that I think about it, it’s kinda crazy how they became such a force on the singles charts, when people thought they’d be over in 2010! “Moves Like Jagger” was an amazing career move for them!

It's one of Golden's highlights for me (possibly my absolute favorite track across the whole album)...but you're not the first person I've seen who thinks the first two singles are actually some of the weakest moments on the album. :x
                                                    Oh! Well, don’t get me wrong, it’s not bad at all, it’s just… there. But to be fair I’ve never been a huge Kylie fan so it was expected to be not blown away by her stuff.

**Fingers and toes crossed** for ya!
                                                    Thank you <3

Ooh...props to Demi for defying your expectations! I don't think I've ever watched a live performance of hers, but it's good to know that she's capable of truly entertaining. Is she a surprisingly good dancer? Bummer about "Really Don't Care," since I'm a big fan of that one, but I get what you mean about it not being too shocking that she chose to skip those (granted, "Skyscraper" was basically her "comeback" hit...)
                                                    Really? Never? Not even one of the award show performances? But yeah, she’s more entertaining than I thought and danced better than expected (I thought she wouldn’t do dance routines as I’ve never seen that from her and she’s more like a singer-singer than a dancer-singer).
                                                    Sometimes I wish a few artist would adjust their setlist to the countries they visit. Demi’s a good example, as she never visited Switzerland before that tour so it would have been nice to hear some older songs as well.

I'd forgotten about "Cycles" when I was writing that comment last week but I'm not sure if that was ever actually promoted anywhere, or was just rumored to be a single at one point? It never got a video, and it's not listed as a single on Wikipedia...
                                                    Well so it looks like you’re not the only one who forgot about it if it’s not even on Wikipedia
                                                    It also looks like “Bitches” will do nothing, which is quite sad. I hope Tove Lo will come back harder again with her next album.

• I'm lovin' this surprise rebound for "Solo" "Hi-Lo" is likable enough, but I'm definitely partial toward "Solo."
                                                    • I know you love Ari, but I still wasn't expecting such a strong start for "Dance To This" (maybe because I'm pretty underwhelmed by it myself) I much preferred "My My My!" and "Bloom," but I guess this one has some...subtle/mellow/chill charms to it.
                                                    • Exciting to see 5SOS earn their first-ever entry with "Youngblood."
                                                    • Solid Top 20 start for "Nervous." Since it got a video, hopefully he'll properly push it as his next single. It'd easily be my favorite single from this era so far.
                                                    • Impressive for Demi to earn two Gold certs in the same week (especially since "Give Your Heart A Break" "only" peaked at No. 9).

Yet another chart that's one-of-a-kind, Tansike!
                                                    When compiling my charts for last week I realized “Solo” has been stuck in my head for the whole week and I’ve replayed it over and over again so it was even an obvious #1 for me, despite all the new entries which came out.

It’s interesting how most people who enjoyed the first songs of Troye’s upcoming album aren’t that impressed by “Dance To This”, while it’s the complete opposite for me! Anyways, “Dance To This” also isn’t a masterpiece and I don’t see this being high up on my charts for too long at the moment, despite the Ari involvement.

Well deserved – “Youngblood” is good!

I’m quite confused with Shawn’s era so far. I thought they’d push “Youth”, but instead of releasing an official video for that one they kinda surprise-released one for “Nervous”. It’s a good track but somehow it gets lost in the crowd of other new entries for me.

True! The concert effect really strengthen up her discography – there are some other good news this week as well

Thank you so much

Comment

Working...
                                                    X