My Charts - week 37 - Canadian Queens Wear It Well

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Blondini View Post
    I was close to charting Zara. Kygo and Kim is great. Not dipped into Ellie yet but it doesn't sound like a return to form for me from the things i've heard - apart from Power.
    Ah, fingers crossed "Love Me Land" may grow on you then. It has become the best song Zara has put out since she moved on from the "So Good" album IMO. Glad you enjoy "Broken Glass" as well, Ellie's album is absolutely amazing and I went into it with not the biggest expectations, as I was far from being a big fan of the singles. Maybe you could try one of the album tracks ("How Deep Is Too Deep", "Love I'm Given" or the title track for example).

Comment

• Originally posted by heppolo View Post
      23 (NEW) The Chicks – March March

It's actually alright, maybe lacks an obvious hook
      ...still a good highlight on "Gaslighter". I get why it did well on the US iTunes chart.

Comment

• Originally posted by sergejdordij98 View Post
        Nice to see "Love Me Land" at #1, as well as the debuts for "To Be Young", "Funny" and "What's Love Got To Do With It"!
        The Ellie returns are good too, glad she even topped the album and bubbling under chart!
        Great chart!
        So happy you enjoy "Love Me Land" as well. A rather unexpected #1 for me last week, but she definitely deserved it. Also nice you're enjoying a bunch of the other new entries from that week as well.
        Ellie's album is way better than expected, a shame the singles choices weren't that good though. Otherwise she'd smash even more on my Singles Top40.

Thank you!

Comment

• Originally posted by crystalphoenix View Post
          Hope you, your man, and your fam are all still virus-free <3 Speaking of: have you been able to see your mom or brother much/at all since the pandemic blew up?
          Yes, we are, thank you <3 Same to you and your loved ones, obviously. Well, I usually see my family just a very few times in a year anyway, so there wasn't much of a change. But I visited my mom around 3-4 weeks ago but we kept some social distance between us. How is it with your family?

Originally posted by crystalphoenix View Post
          OoOh, how are Gaga's and Nightwish's tallies looking now? My biggest albums over the past month or so have still been Chromatica, Sawayama (which had a big resurgence when Akini got into it and sent some tracks to No. 1 on his chart), and HAIM's Women In Music Pt. III (the first album I've ever checked out from them).
          Nightwish have nearly 1,800 scrobbles (+200) for their album while Lady Gaga has slightly over 1,400 scrobbles (+300) for Chromatica. They're still the most played albums of the year for me. Nice to hear Rina got another boost through Akini's chart, always love it when our personal charts can have such an impact <3 As for HAIM, I checked the previous album out but it didn't impress me, so I decided not to check out the new one when it came out. But so this would mean you'd recommend it?

Definitely! I haven't heard "Who's Laughing Now?" yet, but I wouldn't mind if she pushed "Salt" again after K&Q in the markets where it didn't do much when it was first released (like the UK and US). "Salt" did really well on your chart, so would you say it's your favorite Ava single so far? Possibly tied with K&Q?
          "Who's Laughing Now?" is not out yet Should have been released weeks ago, but it go pushed back. Big yes to your question, "Salt" is tied with "Kings & Queens" as my most favorite song by Ava so far. Is yours still "Freaking Me Out"?

**Hug** Damn, guess I shouldn't be surprised that TikTok is susceptible to the same toxicity found on basically all social media platforms Does your partner make his own, or does he just view the app often? If he's making his own, at least that adds more uplifting (and sexy) ones into the mix.
          It's even worse than all other social platforms I am familiar with IMO. My partner also does a few by himself, not very frequently though.

Hmmm, last.fm counts Scrobbles for all of the Chromatica Interludes for me, but there might be something I changed in the site settings that made that possible? I also use an app called QuietScrob to track Scrobbles when I'm playing music on my phone, so that could be why the site counts all the interludes for me. No big change in my Chromatica faves lately, though. (I think it's still all the ones you don't like much Well, aside from "Rain On Me," which we both love).
          That's very interesting! As far as I know only songs with 30+ seconds length get scrobbled for me. It happens every now and then when I sync my scrobbles from my phone with my computer that some album interludes don't get scrobbled.
          Aw... at least we both love "Rain On Me". Easily going to end up as one of the biggest Pop hits of 2020 for me, what about you?

• OoOh, "Love Me Land" is turning into quite the comback for Zara on your chart! I liked "All The Time" a lot, but I definitely prefer "Love Me Land" to "Wow," at least.
          • Beautiful new Top 5 peak for Dua.
          • None of the Treat Myself Deluxe Edition tracks are really speaking to me, but "Underwater" is my favorite of the bunch. What a weird, wild journey for that album over the 2+ years since "No Excuses" dropped: releasing a few (unsuccessful) singles, getting delayed, putting out an EP instead with some songs that were originally intended for TM, then finally a full release with a new cover, and now a deluxe edition too.
          • Ouch, "Smile" is falling fast, but it's a pretty unremarkable track. Not totally terrible - just feels like a lesser version of other upbeat, playful tunes she's done several times before.
          • Hopefully Troye's "Easy" can enter your main chart soon! It's made a much better impression on me than "Take Yourself Home."
          • Wow, so Ellie's the one to finally knock Gaga off the Album Chart throne! I'm not loving Brighest Blue as much as a lot of fans (and critics) seem to be but it's interesting how different the album is from almost all of the singles she released between 2018 and now. No wonder she relegated them to a separate disc! "Tides" is probably my favorite new track, so I'm glad it managed to Bubble Under.
          Yet another lovable chart, Tancel!
          It does and is so unexpected, because my hope for Zara to deliver another fantastic tune slightly died down So I'm very happy how "Love Me Land" clicked with me so far. To be fair, all singles thrown together would have made a very strong Dance/Pop album, so I'm mad how things turned out for her.

Yes, Dua is definitely on a roll with "Future Nostalgia". Though I think #5 will be the peak for "Hallucinate". Can't really remember at the moment, but was this one among your album faves?

I actually really like "Underwater", too, but also "Make You Dance". I still think they should have go with "Genetics" (ft. PCD) as a proper single following "Nice To Meet Ya", but I guess Corona could be blamed that this didn't happen (video shoot impossible). Overall I agree that this was a long journey for "Treat Myself", but overall I think it may end up as my most favorite album from her ever. How would you rank it among her other releases?

Glad you think so about "Smile", same for me. And if we're on this, I actually think so about Troye's "Easy" as well, so I don't see it enter my main chart any time soon unless his upcoming EP lets it grow on me massively

Yes, Ellie did it and I'm so, so happy about that! I mean, all singles but "Flux" didn't really click with me, so I had no idea what to expect from "Brightest Blue". The two sides already got me hopeful about the direction and thankfully, it also turned out the way I was eventually hoping for. "Tides" is a nice choice for your fave!

Thank you so much

Comment

• Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
            Just checked out your #1. It's not bad. I'm a lot more excited to see you charting "March March", though! The protests in the US have inspired quite a few high-profile names to release music on the subject matter, but the Chicks' song is actually my favourite on the subject.

I'm so slow with checking out drag queens' music. I think it's mainly because the songs are usually terrible.

"Collide" is okay, but definitely not on par with "Cocky".
            Aw. iirc you never were the biggest fan of Zara's music, right?
            "March March" is pretty good, definitely a standout on "Gaslighter" and so fitting.

Glad there are a bunch of tracks you enjoy from my chart! <3

Also kinda agree about the Drag music, but several of them actually improved and put out some decent music, Shea, Blair and Juju being good examples.

Comment

• Originally posted by GaGarazzi View Post
              Nice debut and reentries for Ellie Goulding this week. I was a huge fan of her first two albums, but then started dropping off when she started having her creative identity crisis (Delirium and beyond). It's interesting that now she even recognises that period as such. Delirium is still a pretty good pop album, but as EG states herself, it doesn't really sound like an Ellie Goulding record. Despite that, Scream It Out, Lost and Found, Devotion, Holding On To Life and Keep On Dancin' still remain favourites of mine.

How did Lights and Halcyon fare on your charts providing they go back that far? I'd love to know your ranking of her 4 studio albums even though it still may be a little early for Brightest Blue.
              Yes, I do have very similar feelings towards Ellie. Loved her when she got me with "Halcyon" and she was immediately one of my favorite artists and stayed there for some years. Wasn't too hyped for "Delirium" at first, but it still had some brilliant gems (probably my fave part about your post, we actually share some of our faves with "Lost And Found", "Devotion", "Holding On For Life" and "Keep On Dancin'" being actually my four favorite tracks by far there) Then got over here quite a lot from 2016 onwards, so I'm just so relieved how good "Brightest Blue" turned out to be!

My album charts started with the first week of 2010 but to be honest, "Halcyon" was actually the first full album that I've heard by Ellie, but also bought "Bright Lights" soon afterwards because I loved "Halcyon" this much. The performances of her albums on my charts are the following:

Halcyon spent 9 weeks at #1, 59 weeks on the chart and is certified with 4x Platinum (debut in 2012)
              Bright Lights peaked at #4 for 1 week, spent 24 weeks on the chart and is certified with Platinum (debut in 2013)
              Halcyon Days spent 1 week at #1, 41 weeks on the chart and is certified with 2x Platinum (debut in 2013)
              Delirium spent 5 weeks at #1, 27 weeks on the chart so far and is certified with Platinum (debut in 2015)

"Delirium" is not too far behind 2x Platinum, it should go there if "Brightest Blue" gives it a nice boost over the next weeks and/or if I see her live in the future again, as her last concert had a huge impact (basically why "Delirium" returned to #1 for 3 weeks on my weekly chart later in its chartrun). "Halcyon" is also still my favorite album from hers, followed by "Delirium", then I'd already put "Brightest Blue" above "Lights", but only simply because I never connected the same with her debut as I did with all other three albums.

How would you rank her albums so far?

Comment

• A little late again, but week 30/2020 will be posted later today.

Comment

My Charts - week 30/2020 - 24 july 2020 - Brightest Folklore about Drag

Singles Top40

Spoiler!

1 (NEW) RuPaul feat. Jujubee, Miz Cracker & Shea Couleé – Clapback
                  Chart Run: *1*- / 1w

2 (2) Jujubee feat. Blair St. Clair – Tonight Or Forever
                  Chart Run: *2*-2- / 2w

3 (1) Zara Larsson – Love Me Land
                  Chart Run: 4-*1*-3- / 3w

4 (3) Kygo & Kim Petras – Broken Glass
                  Chart Run: *2*-3-4- / 3w

5 (8) Ulrikke – What Would You Do For Love?
                  Chart Run: 19-8-*5*- / 3w

6 (NEW) Taylor Swift – Cardigan
                  Chart Run: *6*- / 1w

7 (13) Ellie Goulding – Flux *G*
                  Chart Run: 7-*1*-2-2-2-4-7-12-19-28-Out-RE 36-38-Out-RE 13-7- / 14w

8 (5) Dua Lipa – Hallucinate
                  Chart Run: 6-*5*-8- / 3w

9 (4) Amaranthe – Viral
                  Chart Run: 3-*1*-1-4-9- / 5w

10 (9) Meghan Trainor – Make You Dance
                  Chart Run: 10-*9*-10- / 3w

11 (7) Ty Dolla $ign feat. Kanye West, FKA twigs & Skrillex – Ego Death
                  Chart Run: *4*-7-7-11- / 4w

12 (NEW) Kylie Minogue – Say Something
                  Chart Run: *12*- / 1w

13 (6) Blackpink – How You Like That
                  Chart Run: *2*-2-3-6-13- / 5w

14 (10) Blair St. Clair feat. Rayvon Owen – Space Between
                  Chart Run: *5*-8-6-5-10-14- / 6w

15 (11) Lindsey Stirling – Between Twilight
                  Chart Run: *1*-3-9-11-15- / 5w

16 (NEW) Little Mix – Holiday
                  Chart Run: *16*- / 1w

17 (12) Lady Gaga & Ariana Grande – Rain On Me *G*
                  Chart Run: *1*-1-1-3-3-4-5-8-12-17- / 10w

18 (25) Ellie Goulding & blackbear – Worry About Me
                  Chart Run: 19-*13*-18-29-Out-RE 25-18- / 6w

19 (22) Ellie Goulding – Power
                  Chart Run: *16*-17-20-27-38-Out-RE 22-19- / 7w

20 (16) Jujubee – Don’t Wanna Love
                  Chart Run: *7*-10-12-12-16-20- / 6w

21 (17) Nightwish – Noise *2xP*
                  Chart Run: *1*-1-1-1-3-3-3-5-6-2-1-2-2-3-5-8-9-10-12-8-9-8-11-17-21- / 25w

22 (31) Ellie Goulding & Juice WRLD – Hate Me
                  Chart Run: *6*-11-23-28-Out-RE 31-22- / 6w

23 (20) Lindsey Stirling – Sleepwalking *P*
                  Chart Run: *1*-1-4-6-6-7-6-7-12-12-14-16-20-23- / 14w

24 (18) Dennis Lloyd – Alien
                  Chart Run: 2-*1*-5-10-14-18-24- / 7w

25 (30) Blair St. Clair – 9 Lives
                  Chart Run: *1*-2-6-13-26-30-25- / 7w

26 (23) The Chicks – March March
                  Chart Run: *23*-26- / 2w

27 (19) Ashley Tisdale – Lemons *G*
                  Chart Run: *2*-3-4-6-11-11-13-19-27- / 9w

28 (NEW) J Balvin, Dua Lipa, Bad Bunny & Tainy – Un Dia (One Day)
                  Chart Run: *28*- / 1w

29 (14) Anne-Marie feat. Doja Cat – To Be Young
                  Chart Run: *14*-29- / 2w

30 (27) Ava Max – Kings & Queens *P*
                  Chart Run: *1*-1-1-1-3-3-3-4-6-7-9-11-13-15-14-17-17-22-27-30- / 20w

31 (24) Eleni Foureira – Yayo
                  Chart Run: 18-*13*-15-21-24-31- / 6w

32 (21) Mike Shinoda – Open Door
                  Chart Run: 27-23-*21*-32- / 4w

33 (15) Zedd & Jasmine Thompson – Funny
                  Chart Run: *15*-33- / 2w

34 (NEW) LP – The One That You Love
                  Chart Run: *34*- / 1w

35 (32) Kygo & Tina Turner – What’s Love Got To Do With It
                  Chart Run: *32*-35- / 2w

36 (RE) Blair St. Clair – Empty
                  Chart Run: 13-14-21-22-*10*-16-24-35-33-Out-RE 36- / 10w

37 (RE) Ellie Goulding, Diplo & Swae Lee – Close To Me
                  Chart Run: *7*-34-Out-RE 39-Out-RE 37- / 4w

38 (35) Ulrikke – Attention
                  Chart Run: 14-*5*-6-7-9-17-22-24-27-35-38- / 11w

39 (26) Miz Cracker – She’s A Woman! (On Top Of The World)
                  Chart Run: *4*-7-9-18-26-39- / 6w

40 (29) Victoria – Alright.
                  Chart Run: *15*-29-40- / 3w

Out of Top40
                  Out (28) Evanescence – The Game Is Over (3w)
                  Out (33) Inna – Nobody (4w)
                  Out (34) Go_A – Solovey (10w)
                  Out (36) The Cast of RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars, Season 5 – I’m In Love (5w)
                  Out (37) Poppy – All The Things She Said (7w)
                  Out (38) Agnes Obel – Broken Sleep (8w)
                  Out (39) Katy Perry – Smile (2w)
                  Out (40) Amy Shark – Everybody Rise (5w)

New certifications
                  none

Click here for the Certification Database

Comment

Album Top20

Spoiler!

1 (1) Ellie Goulding – Brightest Blue
                    Chart Run: *1*-1- / 2w

2 (NEW) Taylor Swift – Folklore
                    Chart Run: *2*- / 1w

3 (NEW) Blair St. Clair – Identity
                    Chart Run: *3*- / 1w

4 (NEW) Jujubee – Good Juju: Vol. 2 EP
                    Chart Run: *4*- / 1w

5 (7) Jujubee – Good Juju: Vol. 1 EP
                    Chart Run: 9-8-6-7-*5*- / 5w

6 (3) RuPaul – American
                    Chart Run: *3*-6- / 2w

7 (2) Lady Gaga – Chromatica *G*
                    Chart Run: *1*-1-1-1-1-1-1-2-7- / 9w

8 (5) Nightwish – HUMAN. :||: NATURE. *P*
                    Chart Run: *1*-1-1-1-1-3-2-5-4-3-2-2-2-2-5-8- / 16w

9 (4) Grimes – Miss Anthropocene *P*
                    Chart Run: *1*-1-2-3-2-1-3-5-6-8-8-12-17-20-Out-RE 20-17-10-3-3-3-4-9- / 22w

10 (6) The Chicks – Gaslighter
                    Chart Run: *6*-10- / 2w

11 (8) Ashley Tisdale – Symptoms *2xP*
                    Chart Run: *1*-1-2-2-3-2-2-1-1-1-2-5-4-3-2-4-9-13-17-18-16-12-14-Out-RE 13-7-14-7-5-6-7-10-16-19-Out-RE 20-18-Out-RE 19-14-10-7-7-6-5-8-11- / 44w

12 (9) Meghan Trainor – Treat Myself
                    Chart Run: *2*-4-6-15-13-17-Out-RE 9-12- / 8w

13 (RE) Taylor Swift – Lover *P*
                    Chart Run: *1*-3-4-4-7-9-9-12-17-20-Out-RE 13-10-6-11-6-6-7-9-12-18-17-Out-RE 13- / 22w

14 (11) Lindsey Stirling – Artemis *3xP*
                    Chart Run: *1*-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-2-3-3-3-2-2-1-1-2-2-3-4-5-6-5-3-4-3-5-10-9-7-8-10-7-4-9-13-12-15-13-15-15-10-7-8-11-14- / 47w

15 (13) The Black Eyed Peas – Translation
                    Chart Run: 16-14-11-*9*-13-15- / 6w

16 (15) Ellie Goulding – Delirium *P*
                    Chart Run: [b]*1*[b]-1-2-6-12-15-Out-RE 19-12-3-2-2-6-7-7-10-1-1-1-3-7-12-19-Out-RE 15-14-16-Out-RE 17-Out-RE 15-16- / 28w

17 (14) Agnes Obel – Myopia *G*
                    Chart Run: *2*-2-4-7-8-13-11-16-13-13-12-13-16-16-Out-RE 18-20-18-Out-RE 12-11-14-17- / 21w

18 (10) Mike Shinoda – Dropped Frames, Vol. 1
                    Chart Run: *4*-10-18- / 3w

19 (12) Beyond The Black – Horizons
                    Chart Run: 5-5-*4*-7-12-19- / 6w

20 (16) Amaranthe – Helix *P*
                    Chart Run: 2-*1*-2-3-2-6-8-11-12-16-14-13-6-5-8-11-16-Out-RE 13-12-16-20- / 21w

Out of Top20
                    Out (17) TinkaBelle – Greatest Hits… And Some More (5w)
                    Out (18) Keiino – OKTA *G* (10w)
                    Out (19) Noah Cyrus – The End Of Everything EP *G* (10w)
                    Out (20) Chloe x Halle – Ungodly Hour (6w)

New certifications
                    none

Comment

Bubbling Under

Spoiler!

1 (1) Ellie Goulding – How Deep Is Too Deep
                      Chart Run: *1*-1 / 2w

2 (6) Ellie Goulding – Love I’m Given
                      Chart Run: 6-*2*- / 2w

3 (NEW) Ellie Goulding & serpentwithfeet – Start
                      Chart Run: *3*- / 1w

4 (NEW) Ellie Goulding – New Heights
                      Chart Run: *4*- / 1w

5 (NEW) Taylor Swift – The 1
                      Chart Run: *5*- / 1w

6 (NEW) Ellie Goulding – Woman

7 (NEW) Ellie Goulding – Brightest Blue
                      Chart Run: *7*- / 1w

8 (8) Ellie Goulding – Tides
                      Chart Run: *8*-8- / 2w

9 (NEW) Beatrice Egli – Bunt
                      Chart Run: *9*- / 1w

10 (NEW) Maroon 5 – Nobody’s Love
                      Chart Run: *10*- / 1w

Comment

• Originally posted by Tansike View Post
                        How would you rank her albums so far?
                        I've loved Ellie since I first heard Starry Eyed back in February 2010. I had to buy Lights (the album) digitally because at that time it wasn't yet released in my country. The title track immediately became my favourite song of hers even though it was an iTunes only bonus track which was weird given that it was the title of the album and being so good! It was a nice surprise watching it grow and take of in America almost reaching #1 there. I wish that it had been given more a push in Europe and Oceania as I still believe that it could have become a worldwide smash. Despite never being issued as a single in my country, it still managed to become over of my top 5 songs from the last decade.

It's hard for me to compare her discography as the first 2 albums are far superior than the latter two. I think as a whole, Bright Lights probably remains my favourite overall as it includes songs like Your Biggest Mistake, Little Dreams, Animal, Salt Skin and the title track of course which I still really love. Also for nostalgic reasons.
                        However, Halcyon is also an album close to my heart. More so the original album instead of the reissue. Songs like Figure 8, My Blood and Halcyon have really stood the test of time.

Delirium and Brightest Blue are merely just okay albums in comparison, but both have songs I enjoy. Unfortunately there is nothing really on those albums that has connected with me in the same way as the tracks from the first two albums.

For now my ranking would be:

1. Bright Lights
                        2. Halcyon Days
                        3. Delirium
                        4. Brightest Blue

We'll have to see if BB becomes more of a grower over time.

Comment

I've loved Ellie since I first heard Starry Eyed back in February 2010. I had to buy Lights (the album) digitally because at that time it wasn't yet released in my country. The title track immediately became my favourite song of hers even though it was an iTunes only bonus track which was weird given that it was the title of the album and being so good! It was a nice surprise watching it grow and take of in America almost reaching #1 there. I wish that it had been given more a push in Europe and Oceania as I still believe that it could have become a worldwide smash. Despite never being issued as a single in my country, it still managed to become over of my top 5 songs from the last decade.

It's hard for me to compare her discography as the first 2 albums are far superior than the latter two. I think as a whole, Bright Lights probably remains my favourite overall as it includes songs like Your Biggest Mistake, Little Dreams, Animal, Salt Skin and the title track of course which I still really love. Also for nostalgic reasons.
                          However, Halcyon is also an album close to my heart. More so the original album instead of the reissue. Songs like Figure 8, My Blood and Halcyon have really stood the test of time.

Delirium and Brightest Blue are merely just okay albums in comparison, but both have songs I enjoy. Unfortunately there is nothing really on those albums that has connected with me in the same way as the tracks from the first two albums.

For now my ranking would be:

1. Bright Lights
                          2. Halcyon Days
                          3. Delirium
                          4. Brightest Blue

We'll have to see if BB becomes more of a grower over time.
                          Wow, interesting to hear that "Lights" is among your most favorite songs from the last decade! I also remember how they played "Starry Eyed" on the radio here back when it got released, and I already liked it then. Unfortunately, I kinda refused to move onto digital sales for a very long time and only bought stuff physically, and since my money was limited at that time, I didn't buy "Lights" when it got released. A shame to be fair, because I'm sure I would have had a better connection with that album if I would have bought it right away.
                          But yes, "Lights" (song) deserved more in several markets, but it really was a joy to watch its performance in the US.

I definitely need to give "Bright Lights" another spin as it's been a while and I barely remember the non-singles.
                          What I really love is that you also mention "My Blood" when it comes to your faves on "Halcyon", because it's been the biggest standout on the album for me for ages and I still like to play it every now and then. Such an anthem <3

Fingers crossed "Brightest Blue" may grow on you even more, kinda sad to hear how "Delirium" was a disappointment for you though :(

Comment

What I really love is that you also mention "My Blood" when it comes to your faves on "Halcyon", because it's been the biggest standout on the album for me for ages and I still like to play it every now and then. Such an anthem <3

Fingers crossed "Brightest Blue" may grow on you even more, kinda sad to hear how "Delirium" was a disappointment for you though :(
                            I've loved My Blood ever since I heard its chorus in a teaser vid Ellie did for the album shortly after Anything Could Happen was release. I couldn't wait for the album to come out to hear THAT song. My brother who unlike me isn't that into music even loves it.

The problem with Delirium is just that it doesn't sound like an Ellie Goulding record. It's not very believable to me, but I still appreciate it nonetheless.

It's nice to have another big Ellie Goulding fan here. I always enjoy checking out your charts and contributions to UKMix games as I think we have similar music tastes.
                            Which part of Switzerland are you from out of curiosity? French, Italian or German speaking? I've always wanted to visit your beautiful country

Comment

I've loved My Blood ever since I heard its chorus in a teaser vid Ellie did for the album shortly after Anything Could Happen was release. I couldn't wait for the album to come out to hear THAT song. My brother who unlike me isn't that into music even loves it.

The problem with Delirium is just that it doesn't sound like an Ellie Goulding record. It's not very believable to me, but I still appreciate it nonetheless.

It's nice to have another big Ellie Goulding fan here. I always enjoy checking out your charts and contributions to UKMix games as I think we have similar music tastes.
                              Which part of Switzerland are you from out of curiosity? French, Italian or German speaking? I've always wanted to visit your beautiful country
                              Wow, that must be cool if your brother also loves "My Blood"! I didn't check out that teaser back then but got blown away by the song when I listened to "Halcyon" for the first time.

I definitely get your point, because I felt completely the same when I heard "Delirium" for the first few times. Thankfully, it became a big grower to me and I still enjoy most songs, some songs are even among her best songs ever for me (like "Lost And Found" or "Devotion"). But overall I have to agree that it isn't a typical Ellie album compared to "Lights"/"Halcyon". "Brightest Blue" is a better addition to her discography in that aspect.

Aw, thank you!!
                              And yes, I also realized we do have a similar taste, sometimes with artists that aren't even that popular/well known on UKMix and you also played a lot of survivors that I hosted <3
                              I live near Zurich, so the German speaking part. And I hope I'm not completely wrong, but you are from France, right? May I ask where in France (or where if France is not correct )

Comment

My Charts - week 31/2020 - 31 july 2020 - Who’s Laughing Now?

Singles Top40

Spoiler!

1 (NEW) Ava Max – Who’s Laughing Now
                                Chart Run: *1*- / 1w

2 (1) RuPaul feat. Jujubee, Miz Cracker & Shea Couleé – Clapback
                                Chart Run: *1*-2- / 2w

3 (2) Jujubee feat. Blair St. Clair – Tonight Or Forever
                                Chart Run: *2*-2-3- / 3w

4 (4) Kygo & Kim Petras – Broken Glass
                                Chart Run: *2*-3-4-4- / 4w

5 (3) Zara Larsson – Love Me Land
                                Chart Run: 4-*1*-3-5- / 4w

6 (5) Ulrikke – What Would You Do For Love?
                                Chart Run: 19-8-*5*-6- / 4w

7 (7) Ellie Goulding – Flux *P*
                                Chart Run: 7-*1*-2-2-2-4-7-12-19-28-Out-RE 36-38-Out-RE 13-7-7- / 15w

8 (6) Taylor Swift – Cardigan
                                Chart Run: *6*-8- / 2w

9 (9) Amaranthe – Viral
                                Chart Run: 3-*1*-1-4-9-9- / 6w

10 (30) Ava Max – Kings & Queens *P*
                                Chart Run: *1*-1-1-1-3-3-3-4-6-7-9-11-13-15-14-17-17-22-27-30-10- / 21w

11 (8) Dua Lipa – Hallucinate
                                Chart Run: 6-*5*-8-11- / 4w

12 (10) Meghan Trainor – Make You Dance
                                Chart Run: 10-*9*-10-12- / 4w

13 (11) Ty Dolla $ign feat. Kanye West, FKA twigs & Skrillex – Ego Death
                                Chart Run: *4*-7-7-11-13- / 5w

14 (NEW) Melanie C – In And Out Of Love
                                Chart Run: *14*- / 1w

15 (12) Kylie Minogue – Say Something
                                Chart Run: *12*-15- / 2w

16 (13) Blackpink – How You Like That
                                Chart Run: *2*-2-3-6-13-16- / 6w

17 (NEW) Billie Eilish – My Future
                                Chart Run: *17*- / 1w

18 (15) Lindsey Stirling – Between Twilight
                                Chart Run: *1*-3-9-11-15-18- / 6w

19 (14) Blair St. Clair feat. Rayvon Owen – Space Between
                                Chart Run: *5*-8-6-5-10-14-19- / 7w

20 (NEW) Sam Smith feat. Burna Boy – Oasis
                                Chart Run: *20*- / 1w

21 (17) Lady Gaga & Ariana Grande – Rain On Me *G*
                                Chart Run: *1*-1-1-3-3-4-5-8-12-17-21- / 11w

22 (21) Nightwish – Noise *2xP*
                                Chart Run: *1*-1-1-1-3-3-3-5-6-2-1-2-2-3-5-8-9-10-12-8-9-8-11-17-21-22- / 26w

23 (18) Ellie Goulding & blackbear – Worry About Me
                                Chart Run: 19-*13*-18-29-Out-RE 25-18-23- / 7w

24 (23) Lindsey Stirling – Sleepwalking *P*
                                Chart Run: *1*-1-4-6-6-7-6-7-12-12-14-16-20-23-24- / 15w

25 (25) Blair St. Clair – 9 Lives
                                Chart Run: *1*-2-6-13-26-30-25-25- / 8w

26 (24) Dennis Lloyd – Alien
                                Chart Run: 2-*1*-5-10-14-18-24-26- / 8w

27 (20) Jujubee – Don’t Wanna Love
                                Chart Run: *7*-10-12-12-16-20-27- / 7w

28 (19) Ellie Goulding – Power
                                Chart Run: *16*-17-20-27-38-Out-RE 22-19-28- / 8w

29 (22) Ellie Goulding & Juice WRLD – Hate Me
                                Chart Run: *6*-11-23-28-Out-RE 31-22-29- / 7w

30 (NEW) Foxes – Woman
                                Chart Run: *30*- / 1w

31 (26) The Chicks – March March
                                Chart Run: *23*-26-31- / 3w

32 (RE) Ava Max – Salt *P*
                                Chart Run: 5-*1*-2-6-13-17-21-30-Out-RE 10-3-2-4-4-9-10-15-23-23-26-26-29-31-34-36-39-Out-RE 32- / 26w

33 (31) Eleni Foureira – Yayo
                                Chart Run: 18-*13*-15-21-24-31-33- / 7w

34 (27) Ashley Tisdale – Lemons *G*
                                Chart Run: *2*-3-4-6-11-11-13-19-27-34- / 10w

35 (36) Blair St. Clair – Empty
                                Chart Run: 13-14-21-22-*10*-16-24-35-33-Out-RE 36-35- / 11w

36 (38) Ulrikke – Attention *G*
                                Chart Run: 14-*5*-6-7-9-17-22-24-27-35-38-36- / 12w

37 (28) J Balvin, Dua Lipa, Bad Bunny & Tainy – Un Dia (One Day)
                                Chart Run: *28*-37- / 2w

38 (16) Little Mix – Holiday
                                Chart Run: *16*-38- / 2w

39 (RE) Ava Max – Torn *G*
                                Chart Run: *2*-4-8-15-21-24-29-38-Out-RE 31-Out-RE 33-22-24-31-39-Out-RE 39- / 16w

40 (32) Mike Shinoda – Open Door
                                Chart Run: 27-23-*21*-32-40- / 5w

Out of Top40
                                Out (29) Anne-Marie feat. Doja Cat – To Be Young (2w)
                                Out (33) Zedd & Jasmine Thompson – Funny (2w)
                                Out (34) LP – The One That You Love (1w)
                                Out (35) Kygo & Tina Turner – What’s Love Got To Do With It (2w)
                                Out (37) Ellie Goulding, Diplo & Swae Lee – Close To Me (4w)
                                Out (39) Miz Cracker – She’s A Woman! (On Top Of The World) (6w)
                                Out (40) Victoria – Alright. (3w)

New certifications
                                Flux by Ellie Goulding goes PLATINUM (400+ points)
                                Attention by Ulrikke goes GOLD (250+ points)

Comment

Album Top20

Spoiler!

1 (2) Taylor Swift – Folklore
                                  Chart Run: 2-*1*- / 2w

2 (1) Ellie Goulding – Brightest Blue
                                  Chart Run: *1*-1-2- / 3w

3 (4) Jujubee – Good Juju: Vol. 2 EP
                                  Chart Run: 4-*3*- / 2w

4 (3) Blair St. Clair – Identity
                                  Chart Run: *3*-4- / 2w

5 (NEW) Alanis Morissette – Such Pretty Forks In The Road

6 (NEW) Apache 207 – Treppenhaus

7 (7) Lady Gaga – Chromatica *G*
                                  Chart Run: *1*-1-1-1-1-1-1-2-7-7- / 10w

8 (8) Nightwish – HUMAN. :||: NATURE. *P*
                                  Chart Run: *1*-1-1-1-1-3-2-5-4-3-2-2-2-2-5-8-8- / 17w

9 (5) Jujubee – Good Juju: Vol. 1 EP
                                  Chart Run: 9-8-6-7-*5*-9- / 6w

10 (6) RuPaul – American
                                  Chart Run: *3*-6-10- / 3w

11 (9) Grimes – Miss Anthropocene *P*
                                  Chart Run: *1*-1-2-3-2-1-3-5-6-8-8-12-17-20-Out-RE 20-17-10-3-3-3-4-9-11- / 23w

12 (10) The Chicks – Gaslighter
                                  Chart Run: *6*-10-12- / 3w

13 (14) Lindsey Stirling – Artemis *3xP*
                                  Chart Run: *1*-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-2-3-3-3-2-2-1-1-2-2-3-4-5-6-5-3-4-3-5-10-9-7-8-10-7-4-9-13-12-15-13-15-15-10-7-8-11-14-13- / 48w

14 (11) Ashley Tisdale – Symptoms *2xP*
                                  Chart Run: *1*-1-2-2-3-2-2-1-1-1-2-5-4-3-2-4-9-13-17-18-16-12-14-Out-RE 13-7-14-7-5-6-7-10-16-19-Out-RE 20-18-Out-RE 19-14-10-7-7-6-5-8-11-14- / 45w

15 (12) Meghan Trainor – Treat Myself
                                  Chart Run: *2*-4-6-15-13-17-Out-RE 9-12-15- / 9w

16 (16) Ellie Goulding – Delirium *P*
                                  Chart Run: [b]*1*[b]-1-2-6-12-15-Out-RE 19-12-3-2-2-6-7-7-10-1-1-1-3-7-12-19-Out-RE 15-14-16-Out-RE 17-Out-RE 15-16-16- / 29w

17 (13) Taylor Swift – Lover *P*
                                  Chart Run: *1*-3-4-4-7-9-9-12-17-20-Out-RE 13-10-6-11-6-6-7-9-12-18-17-Out-RE 13-17- / 23w

18 (17) Agnes Obel – Myopia *G*
                                  Chart Run: *2*-2-4-7-8-13-11-16-13-13-12-13-16-16-Out-RE 18-20-18-Out-RE 12-11-14-17-18- / 22w

19 (15) The Black Eyed Peas – Translation
                                  Chart Run: 16-14-11-*9*-13-15-19- / 7w

20 (18) Mike Shinoda – Dropped Frames, Vol. 1
                                  Chart Run: *4*-10-18-20- / 4w

Out of Top20
                                  Out (19) Beyond The Black – Horizons (6w)
                                  Out (20) Amaranthe – Helix *P* (21w)

New certifications
                                  none

Comment

Bubbling Under

Spoiler!

1 (1) Ellie Goulding – How Deep Is Too Deep
                                    Chart Run: *1*-1-1- / 3w

2 (2) Ellie Goulding – Love I’m Given
                                    Chart Run: 6-*2*-2- / 3w

3 (5) Taylor Swift – The 1
                                    Chart Run: 5-*3*- / 2w

4 (3) Ellie Goulding & serpentwithfeet – Start
                                    Chart Run: *3*-4- / 2w

5 (NEW) Taylor Swift – Mad Woman

6 (4) Ellie Goulding – New Heights
                                    Chart Run: *4*-6- / 2w

7 (6) Ellie Goulding – Woman
                                    Chart Run: *6*-7- / 2w

8 (NEW) Taylor Swift feat. Bon Iver – Exile
                                    Chart Run: *8*- / 1w

9 (NEW) Bastille feat. Graham Coxon – What You Gonna Do???
                                    Chart Run: *9*- / 1w

10 (NEW) Michael Schulte – For A Second
                                    Chart Run: *10*- / 1w

Comment

• 17 (NEW) Billie Eilish – My Future
                                      Interesting one by Billie Eilish, parts of which curiously remind me a bit of this year's Bulgarian ESC entry, "Tears Getting Sober"

30 (NEW) Foxes – Woman
                                      This is a foreign land for Foxes, but she gets a chance to show off her vocal.

Also nice to see Michael Schulte in the Bubbling Under section.
                                      Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

Yes, we are, thank you <3 Same to you and your loved ones, obviously. Well, I usually see my family just a very few times in a year anyway, so there wasn't much of a change. But I visited my mom around 3-4 weeks ago but we kept some social distance between us. How is it with your family?
                                        Yeah, I have to take a plane to visit any family members, so I usually only see them once or twice per year anyway.

Originally posted by Tansike View Post
                                        Nightwish have nearly 1,800 scrobbles (+200) for their album while Lady Gaga has slightly over 1,400 scrobbles (+300) for Chromatica. They're still the most played albums of the year for me. Nice to hear Rina got another boost through Akini's chart, always love it when our personal charts can have such an impact <3 As for HAIM, I checked the previous album out but it didn't impress me, so I decided not to check out the new one when it came out. But so this would mean you'd recommend it?
                                        I'm not sure how it compares to their previous albums, but I'd say if you liked the singles (especially "The Steps" and "I Know Alone"), checking out the rest of the album would be worth it.

"Who's Laughing Now?" is not out yet Should have been released weeks ago, but it go pushed back. Big yes to your question, "Salt" is tied with "Kings & Queens" as my most favorite song by Ava so far. Is yours still "Freaking Me Out"?
                                        Probably, but it's a tough call! I've liked (or loved) all of Ava's singles since "Sweet But Psycho" (they've all gone Top 10 on my chart, and "Who's Laughing Now" will certainly achieve the same).

It's even worse than all other social platforms I am familiar with IMO. My partner also does a few by himself, not very frequently though.
                                        When he makes them, does he usually use his own/his group's music (as a way to promote it), or popular songs by other artists?

That's very interesting! As far as I know only songs with 30+ seconds length get scrobbled for me. It happens every now and then when I sync my scrobbles from my phone with my computer that some album interludes don't get scrobbled.
                                        Aw... at least we both love "Rain On Me". Easily going to end up as one of the biggest Pop hits of 2020 for me, what about you?
                                        Absolutely! It might even challenge "You Should Be Sad" to become my biggest hit of the year overall.

It does and is so unexpected, because my hope for Zara to deliver another fantastic tune slightly died down So I'm very happy how "Love Me Land" clicked with me so far. To be fair, all singles thrown together would have made a very strong Dance/Pop album, so I'm mad how things turned out for her.
                                        **Nod** Zara definitely deserved better than the way things have gone ever since "Ruin My Life" (granted, even the end of the So Good era got a bit messy when it came to picking and promoting that album's final singles).

Yes, Dua is definitely on a roll with "Future Nostalgia". Though I think #5 will be the peak for "Hallucinate". Can't really remember at the moment, but was this one among your album faves?
                                        Yeah, or at least somewhere in the middle. The FN Survivor helped me appreciate just how strong/consistent the album is even more than I already did (well, aside from "Good In Bed" and maybe "Boys Will Be Boys" too). What do you think of the remix album announcement?

I actually really like "Underwater", too, but also "Make You Dance". I still think they should have go with "Genetics" (ft. PCD) as a proper single following "Nice To Meet Ya", but I guess Corona could be blamed that this didn't happen (video shoot impossible). Overall I agree that this was a long journey for "Treat Myself", but overall I think it may end up as my most favorite album from her ever. How would you rank it among her other releases?
                                        Ah, another tough call, since I've enjoyed all three of her albums so far! I'd probably put Title first, but the other two are neck-and-neck.
                                        • Go Ava! I'm really enjoying WLN too (not sure if it'll be enough for a No. 1 debut, but definitely another Top 5 for her). I'm a little sad that she left two of my faves off Heaven & Hell ("Freaking Me Out" and "On Somebody"), but I don't think they were big hits on any official charts, and including all of her singles since SBP wouldn't have left much room for new tracks.
                                        • Aw, not even Top 5 for "Cardigan"? Granted, I'm not that crazy about it either Thankfully, Folklore has plenty of other tracks that clicked with me more ("August," "Mirrorball," "My Tears Richochet," "Illicit Affairs," and more...)
                                        • It's a similar story with "Say Something" too. A lot of people have been saying how it's their favorite lead single of hers since "All The Lovers" (or even further back), but it's my least favorite lead of hers since "2 Hearts." It's not terrible, but doesn't hit me nearly as hard as her leads usually do. I get that a lot of fans are just excited that there isn't a trace of country in it.
                                        • Sad to see Zedd's "Funny" out already, since I'm pretty into it. It does feel similar to "Stay" and "The Middle" in some ways, but it's still catchy, with some great lines: "it's funny how you're calling, couldn't answer if I wanted, 'cause his lips are on my lips, and both my hands are on his booodyy..."
                                        • "Cardigan" might not be headed for No. 1 here, but I'm thrilled to see Folklore move up to the top spot! I don't think it'll become my all-time-favorite Taylor album, but I've had it on replay more than I'd expect for being such a slow/mellow record overall. She has such a great ear for memorable melodies, I think that helps save a lot of the songs from being too boring. The production is so pretty too.
                                        Yet another chart that's no laughing matter, Tancel!

last.fm

Comment

[CENTER].

Singles Top40

When Ava Max started to take off with her debut single Sweet But Psycho in the second half of 2018, no one really saw her as someone who could make it big and there was a point when it really looked like Ava gets dubbed as a one hit wonder – thankfully, things turned around in late 2019 / early 2020 when Salt not only became a surprise hit in several territories, but its follow-up Kings & Queens also scored several nice chart peaks especially in Europe. So the title of Ava’s long awaited new single – Who’s Laughing Now – is really fitting, as the singer really has enough reasons to laugh these days. Who’s Laughing Now was originally planned for a release in June but got pushed back due to Kings & Queens still receiving new peaks in several countries, but the track finally got released last week alongside the announcement of her debut album Heaven & Hell that will be released in September. Who’s Laughing Now arrives at #1 this week, making it her ninth chart entry and already fourth number one hit following Alone, Pt. II with Alan Walker and the already mentioned Salt and Kings & Queens. It’s a fantastic week for the singer overall, as Kings & Queens jumps 30-10 while Salt (#32) and fellow single Torn (#39) both re-enter the Top40.
                                          Great to see Ava Max doing so well in your chart. I really like her.
                                          The peak positions of Ava on my personal chart:

Sweet But Psycho peak #21 (3 weeks)
                                          So Am I peak #6 (6 weeks)
                                          Freaking Me Out #8 (3 weeks)
                                          Torn peak #1 (13 weeks)
                                          Salt peak #3 (6 weeks)
                                          Alone, Pt. II peak #1 (4 weeks)
                                          Slow Dance (with AJ Mitchell peak #6 (5 weeks)
                                          Kings & Queens peak #1 (20 weeks; still on the chart)
                                          Who's Laughing Now peak #2 (could be #1 tomorrow...)
                                          My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by heppolo View Post
                                            17 (NEW) Billie Eilish – My Future
                                            Interesting one by Billie Eilish, parts of which curiously remind me a bit of this year's Bulgarian ESC entry, "Tears Getting Sober"

30 (NEW) Foxes – Woman
                                            This is a foreign land for Foxes, but she gets a chance to show off her vocal.

Also nice to see Michael Schulte in the Bubbling Under section.
                                            Glad you enjoy some of those appearances. Yeah, Victoria had a good entry for the ESC, looking forward to her song for 2021. They really have some similarities.

Woman is definitely better than the previous single, though I feel like Foxes has been away for too long to really get back on track (or back on the charts...)

Comment

• Originally posted by crystalphoenix View Post
                                              Yeah, I have to take a plane to visit any family members, so I usually only see them once or twice per year anyway.
                                              Ah, so not a big change through the virus (so far)...

I'm not sure how it compares to their previous albums, but I'd say if you liked the singles (especially "The Steps" and "I Know Alone"), checking out the rest of the album would be worth it.
                                              Well, I didn't check out the singles at all... but I'm afraid I won't check it out now. There's still a lot to come and my real life schedule has changed a bit over the last few weeks, so checking tons of stuff out isn't my first priority anymore.

Probably, but it's a tough call! I've liked (or loved) all of Ava's singles since "Sweet But Psycho" (they've all gone Top 10 on my chart, and "Who's Laughing Now" will certainly achieve the same).
                                              That's amazing! It doesn't make sense why she didn't include "Freaking Me Out" as it would fit well to the 'Hell' side of the album. Plus the album has two sides but 15 tracks, would have been better if both sides had 8 tracks each. I'll probably still add it on the final tracklist.

When he makes them, does he usually use his own/his group's music (as a way to promote it), or popular songs by other artists?
                                              No, he never use his own music or the music by his group iirc. Always music from others. But he's not posting that much, or hasn't posted in a while. The hype already seems to be dying down.

Absolutely! It might even challenge "You Should Be Sad" to become my biggest hit of the year overall.
                                              Oh, so "You Should Be Sad" is still your biggest hit of the year? Glad for Halsey! Just thought about how I should re-visit "Manic" today

**Nod** Zara definitely deserved better than the way things have gone ever since "Ruin My Life" (granted, even the end of the So Good era got a bit messy when it came to picking and promoting that album's final singles).
                                              So true! Another example of a Pop star who could have been huge but got messed up by the label. Even Zara herself expressed that. It's interesting how Dua Lipa's team managed to have such a brilliant era for "Future Nostalgia" considering her first era was a low-key mess as well.

Yeah, or at least somewhere in the middle. The FN Survivor helped me appreciate just how strong/consistent the album is even more than I already did (well, aside from "Good In Bed" and maybe "Boys Will Be Boys" too). What do you think of the remix album announcement?
                                              "Good In Bed" is my least favorite, too I like "Boys Will Be Boys" though, but it's kinda giving me similar vibes to "It's Nice To Have A Friend" of Taylor's "Lover" album. I like the song (a lot), but it seems a bit out of place on the album. I'm really excited for the remix album, because I obviously love me some Madonna or Gwen Stefani. Though remix albums usually never do something for me, not even Lady Gaga's remix album back in the days. What do you think about it?

Ah, another tough call, since I've enjoyed all three of her albums so far! I'd probably put Title first, but the other two are neck-and-neck.
                                              She really delivered three very solid albums, that's true. They're all good. A shame the re-release for "Treat Myself" did nothing at all, I still really like the new tracks.

• Go Ava! I'm really enjoying WLN too (not sure if it'll be enough for a No. 1 debut, but definitely another Top 5 for her). I'm a little sad that she left two of my faves off Heaven & Hell ("Freaking Me Out" and "On Somebody"), but I don't think they were big hits on any official charts, and including all of her singles since SBP wouldn't have left much room for new tracks.
                                              • Aw, not even Top 5 for "Cardigan"? Granted, I'm not that crazy about it either Thankfully, Folklore has plenty of other tracks that clicked with me more ("August," "Mirrorball," "My Tears Richochet," "Illicit Affairs," and more...)
                                              • It's a similar story with "Say Something" too. A lot of people have been saying how it's their favorite lead single of hers since "All The Lovers" (or even further back), but it's my least favorite lead of hers since "2 Hearts." It's not terrible, but doesn't hit me nearly as hard as her leads usually do. I get that a lot of fans are just excited that there isn't a trace of country in it.
                                              • Sad to see Zedd's "Funny" out already, since I'm pretty into it. It does feel similar to "Stay" and "The Middle" in some ways, but it's still catchy, with some great lines: "it's funny how you're calling, couldn't answer if I wanted, 'cause his lips are on my lips, and both my hands are on his booodyy..."
                                              • "Cardigan" might not be headed for No. 1 here, but I'm thrilled to see Folklore move up to the top spot! I don't think it'll become my all-time-favorite Taylor album, but I've had it on replay more than I'd expect for being such a slow/mellow record overall. She has such a great ear for memorable melodies, I think that helps save a lot of the songs from being too boring. The production is so pretty too.
                                              Yet another chart that's no laughing matter, Tancel!
                                              How did "Who's Laughing Now" do on your chart in the end? I'm just so happy how she really managed to stay relevant because when "So Am I" was just a moderate hit, I was worried she'd be gone soon. We need those new Pop girls <3 While I kinda agree about her leaving singles out from the final tracklist, I'm still very happy as we get to hear more new songs this way.

New charts is finally coming later today, and I think you'll be very happy for Taylor! "Folklore" keeps growing and surprising me, it may really end up as her best album as a whole for me

Aw. Is there a chance "Say Something" may grow on you? Because I really like it, too. While "Dancing" made a better first impression, I feel like "Say Something" will stuck with me way longer.

Glad you enjoy "Funny" this much, because I usually really like Zedd and Jasmine. Not sure if you're familiar with Jasmine, but she has made my charts several times and even ended up #3 on the Year-End Charts 2015 with "Adore". Sadly, the song is way too repetitive for me and even got on my nerves very quickly...

Yes, Taylor really delivered with "Folklore" and I'm so happy the critics are on board too. Will be interesting to see if she'll snatch another AOTY win <3

Thank you

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post

Great to see Ava Max doing so well in your chart. I really like her.
                                                The peak positions of Ava on my personal chart:

Sweet But Psycho peak #21 (3 weeks)
                                                So Am I peak #6 (6 weeks)
                                                Freaking Me Out #8 (3 weeks)
                                                Torn peak #1 (13 weeks)
                                                Salt peak #3 (6 weeks)
                                                Alone, Pt. II peak #1 (4 weeks)
                                                Slow Dance (with AJ Mitchell peak #6 (5 weeks)
                                                Kings & Queens peak #1 (20 weeks; still on the chart)
                                                Who's Laughing Now peak #2 (could be #1 tomorrow...)
                                                Yep, she's definitely one of the most successful Pop artists on my charts lately. Glad to hear you're enjoying her as well!

Those are some great peak positions AND she also showed some kind of longevity with her tracks on your chart. SBP also didn't fully click with me when it came out (peaked at #13, "So Am I" as well as her only songs that didn't reach my Top10). Especially pleased how successful "Kings & Queens" has been for you!

Comment

My Charts - week 32/2020 – 7 august 2020 - a week in Exile

Singles Top40

Spoiler!

1 (1) Ava Max – Who’s Laughing Now
                                                  Chart Run: *1*-1- / 2w

2 (NEW) Taylor Swift feat. Bon Iver – Exile
                                                  Chart Run: *2*- / 1w

3 (2) RuPaul feat. Jujubee, Miz Cracker & Shea Couleé – Clapback
                                                  Chart Run: *1*-2-3- / 3w

4 (8) Taylor Swift – Cardigan
                                                  Chart Run: 6-8-*4*- / 3w

5 (4) Kygo & Kim Petras – Broken Glass
                                                  Chart Run: *2*-3-4-4-5- / 5w

6 (5) Zara Larsson – Love Me Land
                                                  Chart Run: 4-*1*-3-5-6- / 5w

7 (3) Jujubee feat. Blair St. Clair – Tonight Or Forever
                                                  Chart Run: *2*-2-3-7- / 4w

8 (6) Ulrikke – What Would You Do For Love?
                                                  Chart Run: 19-8-*5*-6-8- / 5w

9 (10) Ava Max – Kings & Queens *P*
                                                  Chart Run: *1*-1-1-1-3-3-3-4-6-7-9-11-13-15-14-17-17-22-27-30-10-9- / 22w

10 (7) Ellie Goulding – Flux *P*
                                                  Chart Run: 7-*1*-2-2-2-4-7-12-19-28-Out-RE 36-38-Out-RE 13-7-7-10- / 16w

11 (9) Amaranthe – Viral
                                                  Chart Run: 3-*1*-1-4-9-9-11- / 7w

12 (NEW) Cardi B feat. Megan Thee Stallion – WAP
                                                  Chart Run: *12*- / 1w

13 (11) Dua Lipa – Hallucinate
                                                  Chart Run: 6-*5*-8-11-13- / 5w

14 (NEW) Doja Cat – Freak
                                                  Chart Run: *14*- / 1w

15 (13) Ty Dolla $ign feat. Kanye West, FKA twigs & Skrillex – Ego Death
                                                  Chart Run: *4*-7-7-11-13-15- / 6w

16 (18) Lindsey Stirling – Between Twilight
                                                  Chart Run: *1*-3-9-11-15-18-16- / 7w

17 (12) Meghan Trainor – Make You Dance
                                                  Chart Run: 10-*9*-10-12-17- / 5w

18 (32) Ava Max – Salt *P*
                                                  Chart Run: 5-*1*-2-6-13-17-21-30-Out-RE 10-3-2-4-4-9-10-15-23-23-26-26-29-31-34-36-39-Out-RE 32-18- / 27w

19 (22) Nightwish – Noise *2xP*
                                                  Chart Run: *1*-1-1-1-3-3-3-5-6-2-1-2-2-3-5-8-9-10-12-8-9-8-11-17-21-22-19- / 27w

20 (16) Blackpink – How You Like That
                                                  Chart Run: *2*-2-3-6-13-16-20- / 7w

21 (14) Melanie C – In And Out Of Love
                                                  Chart Run: *14*-21- / 2w

22 (21) Lady Gaga & Ariana Grande – Rain On Me *G*
                                                  Chart Run: *1*-1-1-3-3-4-5-8-12-17-21-22- / 12w

23 (15) Kylie Minogue – Say Something
                                                  Chart Run: *12*-15-23- / 3w

24 (25) Blair St. Clair – 9 Lives
                                                  Chart Run: *1*-2-6-13-26-30-25-25-24- / 9w

25 (24) Lindsey Stirling – Sleepwalking *P*
                                                  Chart Run: *1*-1-4-6-6-7-6-7-12-12-14-16-20-23-24-25- / 16w

26 (20) Sam Smith feat. Burna Boy – Oasis
                                                  Chart Run: *20*-26- / 2w

27 (23) Ellie Goulding & blackbear – Worry About Me
                                                  Chart Run: 19-*13*-18-29-Out-RE 25-18-23-27- / 8w

28 (19) Blair St. Clair feat. Rayvon Owen – Space Between
                                                  Chart Run: *5*-8-6-5-10-14-19-28- / 8w

29 (31) The Chicks – March March
                                                  Chart Run: *23*-26-31-29- / 4w

30 (39) Ava Max – Torn *G*
                                                  Chart Run: *2*-4-8-15-21-24-29-38-Out-RE 31-Out-RE 33-22-24-31-39-Out-RE 39-30- / 17w

31 (29) Ellie Goulding & Juice WRLD – Hate Me
                                                  Chart Run: *6*-11-23-28-Out-RE 31-22-29-31- / 8w

32 (27) Jujubee – Don’t Wanna Love
                                                  Chart Run: *7*-10-12-12-16-20-27-32- / 8w

33 (26) Dennis Lloyd – Alien
                                                  Chart Run: 2-*1*-5-10-14-18-24-26-33- / 9w

34 (17) Billie Eilish – My Future
                                                  Chart Run: *17*-34- / 2w

35 (34) Ashley Tisdale – Lemons *G*
                                                  Chart Run: *2*-3-4-6-11-11-13-19-27-34-35- / 11w

36 (33) Eleni Foureira – Yayo
                                                  Chart Run: 18-*13*-15-21-24-31-33-36- / 8w

37 (RE) Ava Max – So Am I
                                                  Chart Run: *13*-21-25-Out-RE 37- / 4w

38 (37) J Balvin, Dua Lipa, Bad Bunny & Tainy – Un Dia (One Day)
                                                  Chart Run: *28*-37-38- / 3w

39 (28) Ellie Goulding – Power
                                                  Chart Run: *16*-17-20-27-38-Out-RE 22-19-28-39- / 9w

40 (30) Foxes – Woman
                                                  Chart Run: *30*-40- / 2w

Out of Top40
                                                  Out (35) Blair St. Clair – Empty (11w)
                                                  Out (36) Ulrikke – Attention *G* (12w)
                                                  Out (38) Little Mix – Holiday (2w)
                                                  Out (40) Mike Shinoda – Open Door (5w)

New certifications
                                                  none

Comment

My Charts - week 32/2020 – 7 august 2020 - a week in Exile

Album Top20

Spoiler!

1 (1) Taylor Swift – Folklore
                                                    Chart Run: 2-*1*-1- / 3w

2 (2) Ellie Goulding – Brightest Blue
                                                    Chart Run: *1*-1-2-2- / 4w

3 (5) Alanis Morissette – Such Pretty Forks In The Road
                                                    Chart Run: 5-*3*- / 2w

4 (3) Jujubee – Good Juju: Vol. 2 EP
                                                    Chart Run: 4-*3*-4- / 3w

5 (8) Nightwish – HUMAN. :||: NATURE. *P*
                                                    Chart Run: *1*-1-1-1-1-3-2-5-4-3-2-2-2-2-5-8-8-5- / 18w

6 (6) Apache 207 – Treppenhaus
                                                    Chart Run: *6*-6- / 2w

7 (4) Blair St. Clair – Identity
                                                    Chart Run: *3*-4-7- / 3w

8 (7) Lady Gaga – Chromatica *P*
                                                    Chart Run: *1*-1-1-1-1-1-1-2-7-7-8- / 11w

9 (11) Grimes – Miss Anthropocene *P*
                                                    Chart Run: *1*-1-2-3-2-1-3-5-6-8-8-12-17-20-Out-RE 20-17-10-3-3-3-4-9-11-9- / 24w

10 (13) Lindsey Stirling – Artemis *3xP*
                                                    Chart Run: *1*-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-2-3-3-3-2-2-1-1-2-2-3-4-5-6-5-3-4-3-5-10-9-7-8-10-7-4-9-13-12-15-13-15-15-10-7-8-11-14-13-10- / 49w

11 (12) The Chicks – Gaslighter
                                                    Chart Run: *6*-10-12-11- / 4w

12 (10) RuPaul – American
                                                    Chart Run: *3*-6-10-12- / 4w

13 (14) Ashley Tisdale – Symptoms *2xP*
                                                    Chart Run: *1*-1-2-2-3-2-2-1-1-1-2-5-4-3-2-4-9-13-17-18-16-12-14-Out-RE 13-7-14-7-5-6-7-10-16-19-Out-RE 20-18-Out-RE 19-14-10-7-7-6-5-8-11-14-13- / 46w

14 (17) Taylor Swift – Lover *P*
                                                    Chart Run: *1*-3-4-4-7-9-9-12-17-20-Out-RE 13-10-6-11-6-6-7-9-12-18-17-Out-RE 13-17-14- / 24w

15 (9) Jujubee – Good Juju: Vol. 1 EP
                                                    Chart Run: 9-8-6-7-*5*-9-15- / 7w

16 (RE) Kim Petras – Clarity *G*
                                                    Chart Run: *1*-3-9-10-10-9-9-11-11-12-12-15-17-14-14-15-17-17-19-Out-RE 16- / 20w

17 (15) Meghan Trainor – Treat Myself *G*
                                                    Chart Run: *2*-4-6-15-13-17-Out-RE 9-12-15-17- / 10w

18 (16) Ellie Goulding – Delirium *P*
                                                    Chart Run: [b]*1*[b]-1-2-6-12-15-Out-RE 19-12-3-2-2-6-7-7-10-1-1-1-3-7-12-19-Out-RE 15-14-16-Out-RE 17-Out-RE 15-16-16-18- / 30w

19 (19) The Black Eyed Peas – Translation
                                                    Chart Run: 16-14-11-*9*-13-15-19-19- / 8w

20 (RE) Dua Lipa – Future Nostalgia *G*
                                                    Chart Run: 2-*1*-3-3-4-5-8-14-18-Out-RE 20- / 10w

Out of Top20
                                                    Out (18) Agnes Obel – Myopia *G* (22w)
                                                    Out (20) Mike Shinoda – Dropped Frames, Vol. 1 (4w)

New certifications
                                                    Chromatica by Lady Gaga goes PLATINUM (200+ points)
                                                    Treat Myself by Meghan Trainor goes GOLD (100+ points)

Comment

Working...
                                                    X