X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by heppolo
    26 (NEW) Benjamin Ingrosso – Behave
    Chart Run: *26*- / 1w

It's okay, but still I prefer ''Dance You Off'' and ''Do You Think About Me?" as his singles
    I'm positively surprised by his whole album to be honest. I don't know "Do You Think About Me?", i'll check it out

Comment

• Originally posted by JakeP
      Hi Tansike

1 (NEW) Ariana Grande – Breathin

Well it's about time! But i'm so happy that breathin now qualifies for your chart. It's already well on its way to being one of my big songs of the year, and is still holding up strongly in my weekly charts.

The power of the baby pig. <3
      Hey Jake

I knew you would love that debut! This was a case of a song where I wasn’t sure if I should let it onto my charts or not, and I was waiting for an official confirmation about it being a single all the time, because it deserved an entry for ages. I’m glad she released a video now, so it was finally time to let it onto my charts… and how cute is that video?!
      It will be exciting to see all the Year-End Charts this time as I think Ariana’s three singles will do well on most of them. She really slayed in 2018.

Originally posted by JakeP
      3 (2) Alan Walker & Sophia Somajo – Diamond Heart

I'm also delighted that Diamond heart was able to improve on its #5 entry as i had a gut feeling that would be its peak. Alan Walker is definitely back at the top of his game with this slice of synth blissfulness.
      “Diamond Heart” was even a contender for #1 the last two weeks but the competition is very strong at the moment. Ariana’s #1 debut was safe, and I love Halsey since last year and “Without Me” is a strong song IMO so Alan was a little bit unlucky, but this still may end up as his second biggest hit ever here. Completely agree with you

5 (12) Ariana Grande – God Is A Woman *P*

Cool rebound here, is it a knock on effect from the new arrival of breathin. Whatever it is, it's very good. Could the year end chart consist of an all Ariana top 3? Actually has any artist ever held positions #1, #2 and (or) #3 in your year end charts?
      It’s 50/50… “Breathin” also plays a part in this rebound, but I enjoyed “God Is A Woman” so much last week compared to the previous weeks so it would have climbed without the arrival of “Breathin” as well. Well, don’t think Top3 is possible as “Breathin” came out a bit too late (or it would need to be near the top for the rest of the year, which will be difficult…) but who knows, maybe she’ll get the Top2?
      No, it never happened before, though Lana Del Rey came close in 2012 with “Video Games” (#1), “Born To Die” (#2) and “Blue Jeans” (#4). Loreen’s “Euphoria” prevented that achievement.

6 (5) Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper – Shallow

So i might be going to see this on Sunday if all goes to plan. I was hoping to go last Saturday with my mate but he didn't want to go. Now there's potentially 4 of us going to see the film. If so, it could have an impact on my chart although the results won't be known until my chart dated 27th Oct. Excitement!
      Oh, that’s great! Maybe I can convince my partner today as it’s still unsure what we’ll do this evening. I hope I can see it, the reviews are amazing, the music is strong and it’s Lady freaking Gaga! I had a little Gaga day yesterday and listened to “The Fame”, “The Fame Monster”, “Born This Way” and “Artpop” and I remembered how big her influence on me was since her breakthrough. I'm at a point where I can finally say that based on material, she’s actually my favorite artist ever.
      Anyways, can’t wait to hear your feedback for the movie and if it will have an effect on your charts :cool:

11 (17) Ariana Grande – No Tears Left To Cry *2xP*

See #5.
      :cool:

16 (NEW) Little Mix feat. Nicki Minaj – Woman Like Me

Not gonna lie, i'm slightly disappointed with this. I do like Woman like me and its looking set to enter my chart...but it'll be the girls first lead single from a new album to miss my #1 spot. In fact it might fail to crack my top 10 which is kinda tragic by Little Mix standards. I can only hope the next single will be a more JakeP friendly.
      It’s kinda good to hear that from you, as you loved them so much in the past and I really didn’t know what to think of this, and it seems there are a lot of people who are disappointed. I also expected a stronger comeback It also won’t have a long life on my charts as I’m already completely over it… :( Yes, fingers crossed the second single will be more our taste or maybe it will grow on us once the album comes out.

Best of the rest:

9 (8) Kodaline – Brother
      10 (7) Lana Del Rey – Venice Bitch
      12 (9) Twenty One Pilots – Jumpsuit
      14 (11) Rita Ora – Let You Love Me
      17 (10) Nick Jonas & Robin Schulz – Right Now *G*
      21 (13) Avril Lavigne – Head Above Water
      22 (19) Calvin Harris & Sam Smith – Promises
      24 (21) BTS feat. Nicki Minaj – Idol
      25 (RE) Jess Glynne – All I Am
      27 (25) Troye Sivan – Bloom
      28 (31) Years & Years – All For You
      29 (16) Charli XCX & Troye Sivan – 1999
      30 (23) Carrie Underwood – Love Wins
      32 (29) Lindsey Stirling – First Light *P*
      35 (34) Nicki Minaj – Ganja Burn
      36 (RE) Jess Glynne – I’ll Be There
      40 (32) Carrie Underwood feat. Ludacris – The Champion
      As always, that’s quite a lot and I’m happy you’re enjoying so many songs from my charts! <3

Comment

• 19 (NEW) Anna Rossinelli – Hold Your Head Up
        Chart Run: *19*- / 1w
        Maybe she can try to represent Switzerland once again in the ESC in the future. She has improved so much since 2011, especially in the vocal department.
        Also, the music video has just been released.
        Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• Originally posted by JSparksFan
          This just might be your finest #1 of the year, and one of the best ones you've ever had. It's such a therapeutic joy. It's helped me through many stressful work days since August.

On the minus side, you've knocked "With You" out after just a single week on the chart.

Good debut for "Woman Like Me". That turned out to be a big grower for me.

Excited to see if "Breathin" can fend off the tracks from all those new releases you highlighted in the Random Thought thread!

I had no idea you’re loving “Breathing” THAT much! I still prefer the other two singles from “Sweetener” but it’s definitely another very, very strong single from her. She really released the three best songs of the album and has three of the best songs of the year overall.

I thought “With You” was slightly weaker than “GTFO” and that one already stayed there for only two weeks But I have to admit, prior “GTFO” and “With You” she only had two entries on my charts with “I Want To Know What Love Is” in 2010 and “All I Want For Christmas Is You” in 2016, so 2018 has been a good year for her on my charts

Ah, good to hear that! I’m still a bit disappointed and I hope it also turns out as a grower for me!

Well, it will be tough for Ariana next week. Lindsey Stirling and Zara Larsson are two huge competitors based on how they’ve done in the past, and there are rumors about a new Within Temptation single which may drop later today as well.

Very happy you’re enjoying loads of the Top40 <3

Originally posted by JSparksFan
          I was a big fan of "Colours", and thought "New Americana" was interesting.
          Well, I like these two songs and the latter was the first thing I’ve heard from her. But nothing from “hopeless fountain kingdom” clicked with you then…

Comment

19 (NEW) Anna Rossinelli – Hold Your Head Up
            Maybe she can try to represent Switzerland once again in the ESC in the future. She has improved so much since 2011, especially in the vocal department.
            Also, the music video has just been released.
            Yes, that would be a great idea! I only became a fan of them with the second album, they released some good songs which could have done better on the contest than their entry.
            Haven't seen the video yet...

Comment

• Re: My Charts - week 42 - just keep Breathin

WT is still my number-one.. a pity the new single wasn't released this week!

It's amazing to see "Breathin'" on top of your chart,though! Cute video & excellent song! And it's great to read that it's the fourth consecutive Ariana #1 single on your chart in this year alone!!! IMPRESSIVE!

It's nice to see Czech Republic's hottie's new song debut so high and "Hold Your Head Up" is great as well! She deserves to get another shot at Eurovision!

Pretty sure, your chart update next week will be highly Metal-influenced
              Mainshow Goes Diva: Kylie Minogue

Comment

• Re: My Charts - week 42 - just keep Breathin

^ Oh, still your number one? That's awesome! I got a little bit back into "The Reckoning" but there are currently so many strong new releases, so the competition is strong. Also, i'm a little bit happy they actually didn't release "Raise Your Banner" this week, as there is another new release which amazed me so much that it will be the clear #1 for my next chart, so WT would've settled down for #2 or so.

Ariana is slaying this year :cool: Fingers crossed "Breathin" also becomes a hit on the charts out there!

Glad you're enjoying these two ESC-related new entries, and i agree about Anna Rossinelli. But i think she got over the contest now and built her own thing. Not many artists can do that... and now that she has a career, she probably has more to loose than to win.

I'm not even sure yet The metal releases didn't catch my attention as much as i expected so far, but there are still some days left until the new charts comes out, so maybe this will change until then

Comment

• Originally posted by Tansike
                  Thanks! Interesting point, as I’m surprisingly also quite harsh on mistakes/typos made by others. I don’t see my own mistakes/typos all the time, but you can give me a huge text by someone else and the first thing I see are the mistakes/typos (if there are any).

Well, I learned it in school. We have nine grades here and I had it from seventh to ninth grade, plus two and a half years during my apprenticeship (as I always had two days school a week and one of my subjects was English). Though I never really learned for school so most of my English skills actually come from UKMix. When I joined in January 2012 I was much worse with English but writing on here has helped me a lot.
                  Also, I never talked it (only had to write it), but since last year, my partner’s sister in law lives in Switzerland and moved here from the US (Texas) so there’s also finally someone I can speak to in English.
                  Harsh but that does mean you'd make a great proofreader/copy-editor/etc!

Interesting! The fact that UKMIX and your partner's sister-in-law have helped the most actually makes a lot of sense, since that real-world-application/immersion makes SUCH a difference when you're trying to learn a language. I took Spanish classes throughout high school, but my Spanish skills are NOWHERE near your English skills! I might be able to piece together the meaning of something that I see written down, but writing a full response myself would be tricky, and conversations are basically impossible (except with small children, maybe...)

Originally posted by Tansike
                  Haha yeah he’s very lucky with his genes Honestly, age is just a number. Sometimes he’s acting much younger than I do and sometimes it’s the other way. It already happened that the age difference wasn’t helpful (as I’m still not used to things he’s used to) but overall it really doesn’t matter at all in our case. On one side, yes, I enjoy having a man who is older and can show me things, on another side I’m sure I also wouldn’t mind having someone younger. I never really thought about it and it is how it is.
                  Has he shown you a whole new world? ;)

Kidding (but not kidding) aside, the meaning/expectations attached to our age are definitely over-emphasized (sometimes even moreso among gay men, where turning 30 is treated like falling off a cliff) :x but as I get older, I'm noticing more how some of my jokes/references/nostalgia don't land with younger people (and the reverse is true too, how some things that are really important/common knowledge to a younger crowd don't interest or make sense to me at all...)

Yes, I was born on Friday the 13th… no, not at all :( Like, really not at all. I always get nightmares watching horror movies. Sometimes I’m trying it out and now I’m at least ‘able’ to watch things like Alien but I guess you mean other horror movies, right? Do you like them?
                  Ha, that's a really fun factoid that you were actually born on Friday the 13th...but BOO @ you hating horror movies I haven't seen many of the modern/2010's ones, but I'm pretty familiar with the big 70's/80's classics like Halloween (I still need to see the new one, though!), Friday the 13th, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Child's Play, etc. For me, those are the perfect way to get scared in a fun, safe way (as opposed to stuff like roller coasters, which genuinely terrify me and make me miserable the entire time).

They actually performed in a cave, a very unusual location. Oh I don’t think I’d enjoy that!
                  Like a literal cave in a mountain or something? Unusual indeed! Was there some significance to choosing a location like that...?

Ah, interesting! The original used to be such a big fan favorite so I assumed you also enjoyed it more than the remix! I also wish they’d gone with “Nervous”, a full treatment for “Youth” or something completely different. I don’t see this remix doing well on the charts. Maybe the article which wrote ‘2nd single’ was just a random one and doesn’t really mean something…
                  Is that your way of saying you much prefer the original? ;)

Talking about her… do you have a favorite album by her? Like, if I’d have the time to check something out from her, which one would you recommend the most?
                  Ooh...I love you for asking, but it's such a struggle to choose! Butterfly is a huge fan favorite, and probably mine as well (though it's been a while since I've played through all of her albums to compare)...but it's also when she started really leaning into R&B, so I'm not sure if it would be the best recommendation for you specifically. Daydream is a better compromise between her poppier beginnings and R&B/Hip-hop-flavored evolution (and it's another of my all-time-favorites from her).

Although this is kind of a lame answer, the best place to start is probably her Greatest Hits (it only covers her material up to 2000, but you're probably already more familiar with her singles after that anyway) or #1 To Infinity. Greatest Hits was actually the first album of hers that I ever bought back in 2002, and it REALLY helped turn me into a fan (after only being familiar with some of her big/most recent hits beforehand). No pressure, though!

Ouch! I knew her Hot 100 stats aren’t the best, but I thought one of “Your Song”/”Anywhere” at least made the Top50 or so So true about the British acts, I already wondered the same years ago…
                  They certainly SHOULD'VE! Neither even cracked the Hot 100...

*fingers crossed* that’d be awesome! It’s such a catchy pop track. On one side I’m sad she’s already moving on considering how much I love(d) “hopeless fountain kingdom” – I still think there are some brilliant tunes left which deserved a video. On another side, I’m glad she’s already moving on and keeps on releasing great tunes. She’s having an incredible run for me and I’m so happy this song also clicked with you <3
                  Sadly, that era seemed to really derail after "Bad At Love" smashed so hard :-? "Alone" got that new version and video, but the public (shockingly) said "pass"...then "Strangers" got an (underwhelming) video, but wasn't treated like a proper single in any other way. I wonder if the fact that some of her featured singles started doing well/stealing the spotlight ("Him & I," "Eastside") convinced them against investing more in HFK.

Oh thank god! I was afraid I’d be the only one who is underwhelmed by “1999”. I mean, it’s Charli XCX AND Troye. I expected something more epic. That way it’s a nice but also quite forgettable song, so I’m completely on your side with this.
                  Phew! The video definitely deserves some credit, though.

It could – and I’m sorry, I just remembered that I already own one of her albums, though it’s not a proper one: “Merry Christmas”!
                  Nice! That's still better than having none, and "All I Want For Christmas Is You" is kind of becoming her signature/most recognized and enduring song....

Mostly the Gaga songs, especially “Why Did You Do That?”, “Heal Me”, “Before I Cry” and “Always Remember Us This Way”. The soundtrack has been such a positive surprise for me and I hope I can watch the movie soon – I just need someone else to come with me Can’t wait to hear your feedback about the Gaga songs, they’re really good!
                  Your man can't be bothered with Gaga - even in a movie about being in the music industry (like he is in real life)? Maybe this is where the age difference can present a problem...

1 (NEW) Ariana Grande – Breathin
                  2 (1) Halsey – Without Me
                  3 (2) Alan Walker & Sophia Somajo – Diamond Heart
                  4 (3) Within Temptation feat. Jacoby Shaddix – The Reckoning
                  5 (12) Ariana Grande – God Is A Woman *P*
                  6 (5) Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper – Shallow
                  11 (17) Ariana Grande – No Tears Left To Cry *2xP*
                  14 (11) Rita Ora – Let You Love Me
                  15 (14) Inna – No Help
                  17 (10) Nick Jonas & Robin Schulz – Right Now *G*
                  21 (13) Avril Lavigne – Head Above Water
                  22 (19) Calvin Harris & Sam Smith – Promises
                  24 (21) BTS feat. Nicki Minaj – Idol
                  25 (RE) Jess Glynne – All I Am
                  27 (25) Troye Sivan – Bloom
                  28 (31) Years & Years – All For You
                  29 (16) Charli XCX & Troye Sivan – 1999
                  30 (23) Carrie Underwood – Love Wins
                  31 (22) Cher – Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight)
                  32 (29) Lindsey Stirling – First Light *P*
                  35 (34) Nicki Minaj – Ganja Burn
                  36 (RE) Jess Glynne – I’ll Be There
                  38 (35) David Guetta feat. Anne-Marie – Don’t Leave Me Alone
                  ?
                  Pork powers ACTIVATE! Although the video's certainly not what I expected (or quite what such an epic song deserves), I LOVE that it lead to this No. 1 debut! So My Everything eventually produced five No. 1 hits here, which means Sweetener is just one short of achieving the same now?
                  • If I remember right, Little Mix were starting to really click with you last era, right? Hopefully they haven't undone all of that with "Woman Like Me."
                  • Poor Avril's really starting to sink...
                  • Pleased to see those Always In Between re-entries, especially that new peak for "All I Am" Has anything else on the album been standing out to you? I never checked out I Cry When I Laugh, but based on the first two singles (and the convenience of Apple Music), I gave Always In Between a try. Glad I did!

Yet another chart that's like a breath of fresh air, Tansike!
                  last.fm

Comment

• Originally posted by phoenix98
                    Harsh but that does mean you'd make a great proofreader/copy-editor/etc!

Interesting! The fact that UKMIX and your partner's sister-in-law have helped the most actually makes a lot of sense, since that real-world-application/immersion makes SUCH a difference when you're trying to learn a language. I took Spanish classes throughout high school, but my Spanish skills are NOWHERE near your English skills! I might be able to piece together the meaning of something that I see written down, but writing a full response myself would be tricky, and conversations are basically impossible (except with small children, maybe...)
                    Yeah… some people always give me their stuff to proofread because they know that

Yes, definitely. Also, back in school, I had to learn English as it was obligatory, so the motivation was completely different to now, where I do it because I’d like to. Imagine being on a music forum which is Spanish and you have a sister-in-law who comes from Spain, I’m sure your Spanish skills would improve a lot as well It’s similar to me and French, as I had French for two years more than I had English in school, as it’s also one of our country’s languages. But I forgot most of it and the only sentences I need to use are ‘je ne parle pas français’ (I don’t speak French) and ‘je ne comprends pas français’ (I don’t understand French)

Originally posted by phoenix98
                    Has he shown you a whole new world? ;)

Kidding (but not kidding) aside, the meaning/expectations attached to our age are definitely over-emphasized (sometimes even moreso among gay men, where turning 30 is treated like falling off a cliff) :x but as I get older, I'm noticing more how some of my jokes/references/nostalgia don't land with younger people (and the reverse is true too, how some things that are really important/common knowledge to a younger crowd don't interest or make sense to me at all...)
                    He did!

Oh yeah… I already experienced that 25+ is considering as ‘old’ for some gays these days But people caring so much about someone else’s age are superficial. Of course, I wouldn’t date someone who is 30-40 years older than me, but I’m open to have conversations with people no matter their age, and I’m even that open that if I’d be single and someone somehow catches my interest, I could date people who are ten years younger or maybe even 20 years older, because why not? There are people in my age who behave like teens while I for example can have a serious chat about life & stuff with people 10+ years older than me, so it always depends on a person and not on the age.

Ha, that's a really fun factoid that you were actually born on Friday the 13th...but BOO @ you hating horror movies I haven't seen many of the modern/2010's ones, but I'm pretty familiar with the big 70's/80's classics like Halloween (I still need to see the new one, though!), Friday the 13th, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Child's Play, etc. For me, those are the perfect way to get scared in a fun, safe way (as opposed to stuff like roller coasters, which genuinely terrify me and make me miserable the entire time).
                    …and I was born at 9:13 AM, another ‘13’
                    Hmmm ‘hating’ horror movies is probably the wrong word, I just don’t have the nerves for them. Like, I’m not even over exaggerating, but I saw a few ‘Saw’ movies around 8-10 years ago and I still have some little nightmares about them once in a while. Considering I already have big sleeping problems it’s just some kind of a self-protection that I’m avoiding horror stuff.

Like a literal cave in a mountain or something? Unusual indeed! Was there some significance to choosing a location like that...?
                    Yep, in a mountain. A radio station booked them to perform there

Is that your way of saying you much prefer the original? ;)
                    Yes, I think the original of “Lost In Japan” is much better than the Zedd remix. That one is disappointing to me, as I enjoy the original so much and I’ve also enjoyed Zedd’s latest releases a lot, so I expected much more…

Ooh...I love you for asking, but it's such a struggle to choose! Butterfly is a huge fan favorite, and probably mine as well (though it's been a while since I've played through all of her albums to compare)...but it's also when she started really leaning into R&B, so I'm not sure if it would be the best recommendation for you specifically. Daydream is a better compromise between her poppier beginnings and R&B/Hip-hop-flavored evolution (and it's another of my all-time-favorites from her).

Although this is kind of a lame answer, the best place to start is probably her Greatest Hits (it only covers her material up to 2000, but you're probably already more familiar with her singles after that anyway) or #1 To Infinity. Greatest Hits was actually the first album of hers that I ever bought back in 2002, and it REALLY helped turn me into a fan (after only being familiar with some of her big/most recent hits beforehand). No pressure, though!
                    You know, I’ll have lots of free time soon as I’ll be on sick leave for two weeks starting in a month due to a operation, so I’m already starting to find some things I can keep myself busy during that time and not get bored, and that would be a great time to check things out that I wanted to check out for so long, and Mariah’s discography is definitely one of them. Plus a month later is Christmas holiday, where I won’t work for a week and a half and that’s also usually a time to check things out…

Thanks for the recommendations! “Greatest Hits” definitely sounds like a good start though I think I’m going with “Daydream” first and “Butterfly” second, also depending on what’s actually on Apple Music. Simply because I’m already quite familiar with lots of her singles and if i’d like to really discover an artist, I want to do it with ‘real’ releases, so I get to know them in a better way than through a greatest hits compilation.
                    What are your thoughts about “The Emancipation of Mimi”? Because back then I nearly bought that one as I absolutely loved the singles, especially “We Belong Together” (obviously) and “Get Your Number”.

They certainly SHOULD'VE! Neither even cracked the Hot 100...
                    Oh That’s... shocking!

Sadly, that era seemed to really derail after "Bad At Love" smashed so hard :-? "Alone" got that new version and video, but the public (shockingly) said "pass"...then "Strangers" got an (underwhelming) video, but wasn't treated like a proper single in any other way. I wonder if the fact that some of her featured singles started doing well/stealing the spotlight ("Him & I," "Eastside") convinced them against investing more in HFK.
                    I think so, because when the era started, she said she’ll release lots of videos for it and already has several ideas, so I’m surprised there were ‘only’ five videos. On another side, that’s still quite a lot for a pop artist nowadays, so I’m probably just complaining on a high level… (btw, “Sorry” also got a video but wasn’t treated as a proper single).

Phew! The video definitely deserves some credit, though.
                    True, they made a great effort for the video. But both artists already delivered when it comes to videos, so I’m glad they didn’t disappoint there at least. Still, it wasn’t strong enough for me to get back to the song :(

Nice! That's still better than having none, and "All I Want For Christmas Is You" is kind of becoming her signature/most recognized and enduring song....
                    Yeah… and I have to say I really enjoyed the whole album, so it’s safe to say I can also listen to Mariah on a full record. Will be interesting to see how I’ll enjoy “Caution”. It’s quite a short album which is a huge plus for me when it comes to discovering ‘new’ artists in a genre which isn’t my most favorite one.

Your man can't be bothered with Gaga - even in a movie about being in the music industry (like he is in real life)? Maybe this is where the age difference can present a problem...
                    Yep, that may be a reason of the age difference. But apart from his band, he’s more into male R&B singers or ‘real’ musicians… and doesn’t really care about the charts. He also detests the Eurovision Song Contest for example, while I love it (he ‘had’ to watch a bit of this years contest with me and had to struggle with admitting that there really were some nice entries ). So musically, we’re very different and even though he’s from that ‘business’, this doesn’t really mean much. Generally speaking, I think that’s actually a very interesting point, because us music fans always think our artists also care about charts and stuff, while this is probably not even true for many of them.

Pork powers ACTIVATE! Although the video's certainly not what I expected (or quite what such an epic song deserves), I LOVE that it lead to this No. 1 debut! So My Everything eventually produced five No. 1 hits here, which means Sweetener is just one short of achieving the same now?
                    • If I remember right, Little Mix were starting to really click with you last era, right? Hopefully they haven't undone all of that with "Woman Like Me."
                    • Poor Avril's really starting to sink...
                    • Pleased to see those Always In Between re-entries, especially that new peak for "All I Am" Has anything else on the album been standing out to you? I never checked out I Cry When I Laugh, but based on the first two singles (and the convenience of Apple Music), I gave Always In Between a try. Glad I did!

Yet another chart that's like a breath of fresh air, Tansike!
                    <3 Haha… same for me! I thought she’s going with another high budget video à la NTLTC or GIAW, but I’m fine with that one and who knows, maybe there’ll be another one. It’s still not very clear if it’s a proper single or not, but “Breathin” definitely deserved a spot on my charts and that video gave me enough reasons to let it onto the Top40. You’re right as “One Last Time” also topped the charts… Unfortunately, she most likely won’t top this as she said she already wants to move on, so I guess there won’t be any other new singles of “Sweetener”, but that way it’s at least tied with “Dangerous Woman” which spawned four #1 hits as well (I count “Focus” to that era as well, otherwise it would’ve spawned just three top hits with “Be Alright”, “Into You” and “Side To Side”).

Yes, they did – “Touch” even peaked at #2, “Shout Out To My Ex” at #13. I’m not sure about that as “Woman Like Me” will have a terrible drop this Thursday :( But it seems even the die-hard fans are disappointed in this…

She released it in an unlucky time and I’m afraid this already was it for “Head Above Water” :(

As I just wrote over in your topic yesterday, there are no real standouts for me yet, even though I’ve heard the album a very few times (and I’m listening to it right now). Everything is basically on a similar level, but overall it’s better than her debut IMO. Glad you’re enjoying her album so much and who knows, maybe you’ll decide to check her debut out as well?

Thank you so much

Comment

• thanks so much for all comments

My Charts - week 43/2018 – 25 october 2018 - it’s already getting Warmer In The Winter
                      • Singles Top40

[spoiler:1esjmnyj]What a week this has been! Half of the Album Top20 is new due to eight new entries and two re-releases and all of these albums obviously also bring some action onto the Singles Top40. Plus there were some other new releases which makes the singles charts quite busy this week. In the end, it&#39;s violinist Lindsey Stirling who reigns the charts and continues with her streak of big hits, as her new single "I Wonder As I Wander" immediately debuts at #1. It’s her 24th chart entry since her breakthrough with “Crystallize” in early 2013, which still is her biggest hit up to date. “I Wonder As I Wander” is already her 14th number one hit and even more impressively it’s her 24th consecutive entry with a peak in the Top3 – so her whole discography! She ties Ariana Grande and Kerli as the artists with the second most number one entries to date, only behind Lady Gaga and Tarja with 15 top hits each.

Lindsey’s closest follower is “Ruin My Life”, the new single by Swedish hitmaker Zara Larsson. Following a very successful era for her “So Good” album, “Ruin My Life” is her first chart entry in over a year and comes in at #2 as her 12th chart entry. Apart from “Uncover” (#14) and “Don’t Let Me Be Yours” (#13), all of her entries made the Top10 so far. Ariana Grande’s former number one “Breathin” slips 1-3 and makes the Top3 complete.

Other new and re-entries this week: Brandi Carlile has chosen the third single of her latest album “By The Way, I Forgive You”, but instead of releasing the album version of “Party Of One”, she went with a new version featuring vocals by Sam Smith. The song debuts at #8, surpassing the peak of both artist’s previous entries. Even though her last album only spawned two singles, Rachel Platten’s “Waves” still made it to a Platinum certification, and around a year after its release, she’s finally back with new music, as she released the ballad “You Belong”. She wrote the track for her baby and it’s currently not planned to be on an album soon. The song just misses to become a Top10 hit as it arrives at #11, but she keeps her 100% ratio of getting a peak in the upper half of the charts as it’s her sixth Top20 hit out of six entries in total. Singer-songwriter LP is also back in the upper half as her new single “Recovery” makes it to #20 this week. It’s a small improvement on the peaks of her previous two chart entries “N’oublie pas” (with Mylene Farmer, #25) and “Girls Go Wild” (#29), but still much lower than the Top10 peaks for her four singles of her last album. “Recovery” and “Girls Go Wild” will both be on her upcoming new album “Heart To Mouth” which still comes out later this year.

Newcomer Ava Max is currently setting the charts in Scandinavia on fire with her single “Sweet But Psycho” and other countries may follow soon. This week, the track arrives at #22 as her debut entry. Speaking of Scandinavia, Norwegian pop girl Astrid S owns the next new entry. The singer scored a minor hit with “Think Before I Talk” a year ago (#13, 7 weeks on the charts), now she’s back with the song “Emotion” at #24. Paloma Faith’s “Loyal” (#34) and Billie Eilish’s “When The Party’s Over” (#36) are the final two new entries.

Following the shortly mentioned album releases, there are also four re-entries on the Singles Top40 this week. Amaranthe got the biggest album boost for songs which already left the charts, as their singles “Countdown” (#14) and “365” (#35) are both back. MØ’s “Nostalgia” also benefitted and even reaches a new peak (#30) while Northward’s “While Love Died” is back at #31.

Other talking points this week: There are obviously several drops on this weeks chart, though the most shocking belongs to Avril Lavigne’s “Head Above Water” which already falls down 21-37 in its fifth week. Meanwhile, Troye Sivan’s drop for “Bloom” is rather small compared to others (27-32) and after its weak start it even becomes his longest charting entry ever this week.

Sotiria & Unheilig’s “Hallo Leben” benefits a little bit from the album release and rises 37-33 as the biggest climber while Little Mix & Nicki Minaj’s “Woman Like Me” tumbles down 16-40 as the biggest loser this week.
                      [/spoiler:1esjmnyj]
                      1 (NEW) Lindsey Stirling – I Wonder As I Wander
                      Chart Run: *1*- / 1w

2 (NEW) Zara Larsson – Ruin My Life
                      Chart Run: *2*- / 1w

3 (1) Ariana Grande – Breathin
                      Chart Run: *1*-3- / 2w

4 (4) Within Temptation feat. Jacoby Shaddix – The Reckoning
                      Chart Run: *1*-1-1-3-4-4- / 6w

5 (5) Ariana Grande – God Is A Woman *P*
                      Chart Run: *1*-2-1-1-1-2-4-6-5-5-6-13-12-5-5- / 15w

6 (2) Halsey – Without Me
                      Chart Run: *1*-2-6- / 3w

7 (3) Alan Walker & Sophia Somajo – Diamond Heart
                      Chart Run: 5-*2*-3-7- / 4w

8 (NEW) Brandi Carlile feat. Sam Smith – Party Of One
                      Chart Run: *8*- / 1w

9 (6) Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper – Shallow
                      Chart Run: *2*-5-6-9- / 4w

10 (9) Kodaline – Brother
                      Chart Run: 10-*8*-9-10- / 4w

11 (NEW) Rachel Platten – You Belong
                      Chart Run: *11*- / 1w

12 (11) Ariana Grande – No Tears Left To Cry *2xP*
                      Chart Run: *1*-1-4-9-5-3-4-9-12-8-9-5-2-3-6-8-10-1-3-2-2-4-7-18-17-11-12- / 27w

13 (7) Stefanie Heinzmann feat. Alle Farben – Build A House
                      Chart Run: 17-*3*-4-7-13- / 5w

14 (RE) Amaranthe – Countdown
                      Chart Run: *9*-27-Out-RE 14- / 3w

15 (8) DJ Snake feat. Selena Gomez, Cardi B & Ozuna – Taki Taki
                      Chart Run: *4*-6-8-15- / 4w

16 (13) Michael Schulte – Never Let You Down
                      Chart Run: 26-18-*13*-16- / 4w

17 (17) Nick Jonas & Robin Schulz – Right Now *G*
                      Chart Run: 5-*3*-4-6-4-7-10-17-17- / 9w

18 (14) Rita Ora – Let You Love Me
                      Chart Run: *3*-12-11-14-18- / 5w

19 (10) Lana Del Rey – Venice Bitch
                      Chart Run: *2*-6-7-10-19- / 5w

20 (NEW) LP – Recovery
                      Chart Run: *20*- / 1w

21 (15) Inna – No Help
                      Chart Run: *1*-2-9-20-14-15-21- / 7w

22 (NEW) Ava Max – Sweet But Psycho
                      Chart Run: *22*- / 1w

23 (12) Twenty One Pilots – Jumpsuit
                      Chart Run: 10-*7*-10-15-20-39-Out-RE 9-12-23- / 9w

24 (NEW) Astrid S – Emotion
                      Chart Run: *24*- / 1w

25 (18) Noah Cyrus & Gallant – Mad At You
                      Chart Run: *3*-8-5-14-15-18-25- / 7w

26 (24) BTS feat. Nicki Minaj – Idol
                      Chart Run: *2*-7-6-9-10-19-21-24-26- / 9w

27 (26) Benjamin Ingrosso – Behave
                      Chart Run: *26*-27- / 2w

28 (22) Calvin Harris & Sam Smith – Promises
                      Chart Run: 26-22-15-*12*-15-15-16-19-22-28- / 10w

29 (20) Mikolas Josef – Me Gusta
                      Chart Run: *20*-29- / 2w

30 (RE) MØ – Nostalgia
                      Chart Run: 37-Out-RE *30*- / 2w

31 (RE) Northward – While Love Died
                      Chart Run: *5*-19-Out-RE 31- / 3w

32 (27) Troye Sivan – Bloom
                      Chart Run: 39-Out-RE 10-*7*-11-16-22-25-27-32- / 9w

33 (37) Sotiria & Unheilig – Hallo Leben
                      Chart Run: *14*-21-29-40-37-33- / 6w

34 (NEW) Paloma Faith – Loyal
                      Chart Run: *34*- / 1w

35 (RE) Amaranthe – 365
                      Chart Run: 3-*1*-4-9-22-36-Out-RE 35- / 7w

36 (NEW) Billie Eilish – When The Party’s Over
                      Chart Run: *36*- / 1w

37 (21) Avril Lavigne – Head Above Water
                      Chart Run: *8*-11-13-21-37- / 5w

38 (19) Anna Rossinelli – Hold Your Head Up
                      Chart Run: *19*-38- / 2w

39 (23) Tori Kelly feat. Kirk Franklin – Never Alone
                      Chart Run: 24-*23*-39- / 3w

40 (16) Little Mix feat. Nicki Minaj – Woman Like Me
                      Chart Run: *16*-40- / 2w

Out of Top40
                      Out (25) Jess Glynne – All I Am (2w)
                      Out (28) Years & Years – All For You (4w)
                      Out (29) Charli XCX & Troye Sivan – 1999 (2w)
                      Out (30) Carrie Underwood – Love Wins (7w)
                      Out (31) Cher – Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight) (9w)
                      Out (32) Lindsey Stirling – First Light *P* (16w)
                      Out (33) Sigrid – Sucker Punch (2w)
                      Out (34) Alessia Cara – Trust My Lonely (2w)
                      Out (35) Nicki Minaj – Ganja Burn (9w)
                      Out (36) Jess Glynne – I’ll Be There (2w)
                      Out (38) David Guetta feat. Anne-Marie – Don’t Leave Me Alone (6w)
                      Out (39) Aurora – Queendom (3w)
                      Out (40) Carrie Underwood feat. Ludacris – The Champion (9w)

New certifications
                      none

Click here for the Certification Database
                      ?

Comment

My Charts - week 43/2018 – 25 october 2018 - it’s already getting Warmer In The Winter
                        • Album Top20

[spoiler:1pztfqcf]Even without looking at past weeks, it’s pretty safe to say this was the busiest week ever when it comes to the Album Top20. Eight new and two re-entries made the Top20 this week, so half of the charts from a week ago is already gone, which is obviously bad for these old(er) albums, but also for the new releases from this week, as some of them aren’t peaking as high as they would have in most other weeks. In the end, it’s surprisingly one of the re-entries which took the crown, and that’s the re-release of Lindsey Stirling’s Christmas album “Warmer In The Winter”. The set was released exactly a year ago and spent three weeks atop the charts last year, one in the very first week of 2018 and a fifth this week, so a third of its charts life was spent atop the charts. The album already spawned three hits last year, including the chart-topping “Carol Of The Bells” and the Gold certified “Christmas C’mon”, a fourth hit got added this week with the top entry for “I Wonder As I Wander”, which is one of the new songs on the album. The set also gets certified with Platinum this week, meaning that all of her albums went at least Platinum. Last but not least, with that re-release, 2018 will be the first year since her breakthrough in 2013 that she won’t get a new entry on the album charts, as she charted with “Lindsey Stirling” (2013), “Shatter Me” (2014), “Live From London” (2015) and “Brave Enough” (2016) previously, though this most likely means there will be something new next year.

Lindsey’s closest rival on the Album Top20 is Amaranthe’s new album “Helix”, which enters the charts at #2. It’s their second entry on the charts, with their previous album “Maximalism” having peaked at the runner-up slot as well. Closing out the Top3 is Ariana Grande’s “Sweetener”, which only slips 2-3 for a tenth consecutive week in the Top5 – her first album to do so.

Other new and re-entries this week: Danish singer MØ has made her first entry on the Album Top20 a year ago with the “When I Was Young” EP. She’s finally released her second full-length studio album a week ago and therefor finally makes it onto the charts with a full set, as “Forever Neverland” arrives at #5. Northward’s self-titled debut album enters the charts at #7, which is quite disappointing for a Nightwish-related project. They’re followed by Austrian empress and former Eurovision Song Contest winner Conchita Wurst. The songstress won the contest in 2014 and already took a full year to follow-up her victory with her debut album “Conchita”, which peaked at #2 and went Gold. Three and a half years later she’s finally back with a new record, though it mostly contains covers and is a collaboration with the Wiener Symphoniker. The set is called “From Vienna With Love” and makes it to #8. Also arriving in the upper half is “Evolution”, the new release by American hard-rock band Disturbed. Their surprise hit “Immortalized” reached #4 in early 2016.

Due to this being the busiest week on the Album Top20 ever, some albums failed to get a debut in the upper half. “Ex’s & Oh’s” singer Elle King already failed to make a big impact with her debut “Love Stuff” back in 2016 (#9), so even with all the new releases it’s still quite good to see her sophomore release “Shake The Spirit” making it to #12 this week even without a single hit so far. She’s followed by yet another Eurovision winner. Jamala won the contest with “1944” for Ukraine back in 2016, her album with the same name even topped the charts a few weeks afterwards. Her new set is called “?????” and only makes it to #13 this week. German singer Sotiria makes her charts debut as solo artist with her solo debut album “Hallo Leben” arriving at #16. Sotiria already made an entry on the album charts back in 2012 with her band Eisblume and their second album “Ewig”, which even peaked at #3. With the band, she already scored four Top10 hits, including two top hits. Last but not least, the newly released ‘Complete Edition’ of Dua Lipa’s self-titled debut album brings it back to #17.

Other talking points this week: Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper’s “A Star Is Born” falls 1-4 after two weeks atop the charts. With all those new entries around, it’s quite impressive to see My Indigo’s self-titled album rising back up 11-6 this week, spending its 26th week in the upper half. Carrie Underwood’s “Cry Pretty” goes Gold this week.
                        [/spoiler:1pztfqcf]
                        1 (RE) Lindsey Stirling – Warmer In The Winter *P*
                        Chart Run: *1*-3-7-10-16-10-1-1-2-1-4-10-19-Out-RE 18-Out-RE 1- / 15w

2 (NEW) Amaranthe – Helix

3 (2) Ariana Grande – Sweetener *G*
                        Chart Run: *1*-2-1-1-3-3-5-4-2-3- / 10w

4 (1) Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper – A Star Is Born Soundtrack
                        Chart Run: *1*-1-4- / 3w

5 (NEW) MØ – Forever Neverland
                        Chart Run: *5*- / 1w

6 (11) My Indigo – My Indigo *P*
                        Chart Run: *1*-1-2-4-4-5-7-8-8-7-10-8-5-6-8-9-9-7-9-4-6-5-8-10-10-11-6- / 27w

7 (NEW) Northward – Northward
                        Chart Run: *7*- / 1w

8 (NEW) Conchita Wurst & Wiener Symphoniker – From Vienna With Love

9 (NEW) Disturbed – Evolution
                        Chart Run: *9*- / 1w

10 (5) Carrie Underwood – Cry Pretty *G*
                        Chart Run: *1*-2-3-5-5-10- / 6w

11 (3) Twenty One Pilots – Trench
                        Chart Run: *2*-3-11- / 3w

12 (NEW) Elle King – Shake The Spirit
                        Chart Run: *12*- / 1w

13 (NEW) Jamala – ?????
                        Chart Run: *13*- / 1w

14 (4) Jess Glynne – Always In Between
                        Chart Run: *4*-14- / 2w

15 (6) Noah Cyrus – Good Cry EP
                        Chart Run: *1*-1-3-6-15- / 5w

16 (NEW) Sotiria – Hallo Leben
                        Chart Run: *16*- / 1w

17 (RE) Dua Lipa – Dua Lipa
                        Chart Run: *4*-6-9-15-19-19-19-17-19-16-20-Out-RE 17- / 12w

18 (10) Troye Sivan – Bloom *G*
                        Chart Run: *2*-2-2-4-6-8-10-18- / 8w

19 (7) Benjamin Ingrosso – Identification
                        Chart Run: *7*-19- / 2w

20 (8) Tini – Quiero Volver
                        Chart Run: *8*-20- / 2w

Out of Top20
                        Out (9) Aurora – Infections Of A Different Kind – Step 1 (3w)
                        Out (12) Kodaline – Politics Of Living (3w)
                        Out (13) David Guetta – 7 (5w)
                        Out (14) Tori Kelly – Hiding Place (5w)
                        Out (15) Bebe Rexha – Expectations *P* (17w)
                        Out (16) Mylène Farmer – Désobéissance (3w)
                        Out (17) Ellie Goulding – Delirium *P* (26w)
                        Out (18) Cher – Dancing Queen (3w)
                        Out (19) Tarja – Act II *G* (12w)
                        Out (20) Vanessa Mai – Schlager *G* (11w)

New certifications
                        ”Warmer In The Winter” by Lindsey Stirling goes PLATINUM (200+ points)
                        ”Cry Pretty” by Carrie Underwood goes GOLD (100+ points)

Comment

• 24 (NEW) Astrid S – Emotion

Nice to see this enter your chart! I listened to it the day it was released (almost) two weeks ago and I immediately liked it, but then the whole Joyce Jonathan thing happened the day after so it never actually entered my chart, despite appearing briefly in the top 5 I posted in the UKMixParade thread. May still happen though.

I almost can't believe a new Carrie Underwood album was released, entered and now left your chart and I still haven't listened to it! I'm going to though; will try and catch up on a lot of stuff for the remainder of the year. (And I will start posting my full chart again next week!)
                          Weekly Top 30 | 2020 YEC | 2018 YEC | 2017 YEC | 2016 YEC | 2015 YEC

Comment

• Re: My Charts - week 43 - already getting Warmer In The Wint

13 (NEW) Jamala – ?????

Not a bad album, I've enjoyed ''??????'' the most, it even topped my personal chart for a day.
                            Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• Originally posted by Magnus
                              24 (NEW) Astrid S – Emotion

Nice to see this enter your chart! I listened to it the day it was released (almost) two weeks ago and I immediately liked it, but then the whole Joyce Jonathan thing happened the day after so it never actually entered my chart, despite appearing briefly in the top 5 I posted in the UKMixParade thread. May still happen though.

I almost can't believe a new Carrie Underwood album was released, entered and now left your chart and I still haven't listened to it! I'm going to though; will try and catch up on a lot of stuff for the remainder of the year. (And I will start posting my full chart again next week!)
                              Glad to read from you, Magnus!
                              Happy to hear you also checked this out. I was a week late with this but i'm glad i still gave it a few spins as it's quite good. I'm not familiar with Joyce Jonathan but saw her smashing your Top5 on the UKMixParade topic with French song titles, so i guess she's from France? I have to check her out...

The new album by Carrie is quite good but at first it was a huge disappointment to me. I'm not really sure anymore but if i remember correctly, you weren't the biggest fan of "Storyteller" compared to her previous material, right? It was the opposite with me, "Storyteller" is my favorite album by Carrie, and "Cry Pretty" is much weaker for me personally, so it actually may be the opposite with you again and you may enjoy this new record a lot. Some tracks were big growers for me though and now i do enjoy it.

Excited to see your full charts and i'm glad you decided to come back!

Comment

13 (NEW) Jamala – ?????

Not a bad album, I've enjoyed ''??????'' the most, it even topped my personal chart for a day.
                                Thanks for your recommendation Even though i'm following her on social media & enjoyed her last album, i had no idea she already released a new one, so thanks for that. It's not a bad album indeed, sadly it gets a little bit lost with all other new releases at the moment.

Comment

I'm not familiar with Joyce Jonathan but saw her smashing your Top5 on the UKMixParade topic with French song titles, so i guess she's from France? I have to check her out...
                                  Yeah, she's from France and I really hope you will check her out, especially once you see how hard she will smash next week... I knew her before; her last album even spent a week at #1 on my albums chart in late 2016 so you may have seen it there, although you didn't comment about it. I first discovered her in 2010, but for some reason I never got around to listen to her albums from that year and from 2013, not when they were released and not in 2016. Now she released her 4th album and that one is a lot stronger than the 3rd for me. I'm not sure how to describe the difference but it's like everything about it is better: her voice, the melodies and the production (not sure about the lyrics yet as my French is still not great). There are at least 6-7 songs on the album that would easily have become #1 on my chart if they didn't have to compete with each other. And after this I (of course) finally checked out the first two albums and found some great songs there too, especially the piano ballad "Sans patience" on the 2nd album (Caractère); that may even be my favourite song by her now although I'm not sure yet.

The new album by Carrie is quite good but at first it was a huge disappointment to me. I'm not really sure anymore but if i remember correctly, you weren't the biggest fan of "Storyteller" compared to her previous material, right? It was the opposite with me, "Storyteller" is my favorite album by Carrie, and "Cry Pretty" is much weaker for me personally, so it actually may be the opposite with you again and you may enjoy this new record a lot. Some tracks were big growers for me though and now i do enjoy it.
                                  I did quickly check out "Love Wins" (or was it "Cry Pretty"?) back when it appeared and wasn't impressed by it, that's probably why I didn't immediately listen to album when it was released (or when I noticed it had been released). You're right that Storyteller was a bit of a disappointment for me because I didn't find any song on it close to "Little Toy Guns" and "Quitter" which had smashed for me earlier that year (although the later was of course released in 2009 I didn't discover it until 2015). But as an album it still did well, and "What I Never Knew I Always Wanted" is actually my 4th most played Carrie song, although far behind the top 2 (180 plays, vs 2,450 for "Quitter" and 1,539 for "Little Toy Guns", all of this with 2018 not included yet.) So it would be very strange if I didn't give the new album even one listen!
                                  Weekly Top 30 | 2020 YEC | 2018 YEC | 2017 YEC | 2016 YEC | 2015 YEC

Comment

^ Thanks for the explanation! There are currently so many new releases (10 last week, six the upcoming one) but i should have time to check her album out in a month or so. And since i surely gonna check your next #1 out (and i think she'll be it) there's a chance i'll like it so much that i immediately check out the album There's definitely some interest there from my side, as i even checked out how she does on the charts and she seems to be so huge in France!

Well, the two singles aren't the highlights on the album IMO so i think even though one of them didn't impress you when it came out, i'm still quite sure you will enjoy "Cry Pretty" overall. I knew how big "Quitter" was and how it was the reason that her album(s) did so well for quite a while on your charts, but i didn't know "What I Never Knew I Always Wanted" was that successful for her as well - or better said i forgot it!

Comment

Yeah… some people always give me their stuff to proofread because they know that

Yes, definitely. Also, back in school, I had to learn English as it was obligatory, so the motivation was completely different to now, where I do it because I’d like to. Imagine being on a music forum which is Spanish and you have a sister-in-law who comes from Spain, I’m sure your Spanish skills would improve a lot as well It’s similar to me and French, as I had French for two years more than I had English in school, as it’s also one of our country’s languages. But I forgot most of it and the only sentences I need to use are ‘je ne parle pas français’ (I don’t speak French) and ‘je ne comprends pas français’ (I don’t understand French)
                                      I guess your instant-error-identification skills can be a blessing and a curse.

Ha, yeah, so your experience with French is much more similar to mine with Spanish than your experience with English.

Oh yeah… I already experienced that 25+ is considering as ‘old’ for some gays these days But people caring so much about someone else’s age are superficial. Of course, I wouldn’t date someone who is 30-40 years older than me, but I’m open to have conversations with people no matter their age, and I’m even that open that if I’d be single and someone somehow catches my interest, I could date people who are ten years younger or maybe even 20 years older, because why not? There are people in my age who behave like teens while I for example can have a serious chat about life & stuff with people 10+ years older than me, so it always depends on a person and not on the age.
                                      Ugh, 25??? Damn, and I already thought cutting people off/dismissing them at 30 was too unfairly young :x Ha, so 60ish is your cutoff, then? ;) I agree 1000% with your last statement, though: focusing on the number itself can be a terrible/meaningless indicator of the kind of connection you might actually have with a person. Some of your pop culture/media references might not line up as well when there's a wider age gap, but you could have far more similar world views/outlooks on significant matters than people your own age.

…and I was born at 9:13 AM, another ‘13’
                                      Hmmm ‘hating’ horror movies is probably the wrong word, I just don’t have the nerves for them. Like, I’m not even over exaggerating, but I saw a few ‘Saw’ movies around 8-10 years ago and I still have some little nightmares about them once in a while. Considering I already have big sleeping problems it’s just some kind of a self-protection that I’m avoiding horror stuff.
                                      Ha, I hope this doesn't seem totally unsympathetic, but that's pretty adorable/endearing <3 The Saw moves are especially graphic, so I can see how some of those scenes/images could stick in someone's brain for a LONG time. I didn't realize you had issues with insomnia in general, though! That's really rough, since sleep deprivation has so many negative effects :-? Aside from avoiding horror movies, what helps ease that problem for you? Avoiding caffeine...?

Yep, in a mountain. A radio station booked them to perform there
                                      So random, but SO cool! Truly one of those "once-in-a-lifetime"-type experiences! You said you attended, yeah? Was it as wild as it seems?

Yes, I think the original of “Lost In Japan” is much better than the Zedd remix. That one is disappointing to me, as I enjoy the original so much and I’ve also enjoyed Zedd’s latest releases a lot, so I expected much more…
                                      Fair enough. For me, it ever-so-slightly elevates a song that hadn't done much for me before...but still not enough to help it actually enter my chart.

You know, I’ll have lots of free time soon as I’ll be on sick leave for two weeks starting in a month due to a operation, so I’m already starting to find some things I can keep myself busy during that time and not get bored, and that would be a great time to check things out that I wanted to check out for so long, and Mariah’s discography is definitely one of them. Plus a month later is Christmas holiday, where I won’t work for a week and a half and that’s also usually a time to check things out…

Thanks for the recommendations! “Greatest Hits” definitely sounds like a good start though I think I’m going with “Daydream” first and “Butterfly” second, also depending on what’s actually on Apple Music. Simply because I’m already quite familiar with lots of her singles and if i’d like to really discover an artist, I want to do it with ‘real’ releases, so I get to know them in a better way than through a greatest hits compilation.
                                      What are your thoughts about “The Emancipation of Mimi”? Because back then I nearly bought that one as I absolutely loved the singles, especially “We Belong Together” (obviously) and “Get Your Number”.
                                      I'm VERY excited to hear about you setting aside some time for Mariah, but I'm sorry to hear about your upcoming operation Best of luck/sending many healing wishes your way! Mind if I ask what it's for? Hopefully your man steps up and tackles nurse duty while you recover! ;)

Ah, that's a really interesting, sensible approach: choosing to explore studio albums, since they were designed as a single, cohesive piece of work, which better showcases their vision/artistry (as opposed to compilations that just lump together a bunch of hits that may sound nothing alike). TEOM is another solid place to start (though I do think the singles outshine most of the album, but it's hard to really stand out next to moments like "We Belong Together"). It's a bit funny to see someone mention "Get Your Number," since that one was never pushed here in the States (we got "Shake It Off" instead), but I'm glad you have positive memories of it! Although it flopped basically everywhere, "Say Somethin'" was another big favorite of mine from that era. Whichever albums you choose, it makes me SO happy that you're planning to give her catalog a real chance <3 <3 <3 Truly warming my heart.

I think so, because when the era started, she said she’ll release lots of videos for it and already has several ideas, so I’m surprised there were ‘only’ five videos. On another side, that’s still quite a lot for a pop artist nowadays, so I’m probably just complaining on a high level… (btw, “Sorry” also got a video but wasn’t treated as a proper single).
                                      I do often forget about that one but I remember that it went to No. 1 here!

True, they made a great effort for the video. But both artists already delivered when it comes to videos, so I’m glad they didn’t disappoint there at least. Still, it wasn’t strong enough for me to get back to the song :(
                                      Same.

Yeah… and I have to say I really enjoyed the whole album, so it’s safe to say I can also listen to Mariah on a full record. Will be interesting to see how I’ll enjoy “Caution”. It’s quite a short album which is a huge plus for me when it comes to discovering ‘new’ artists in a genre which isn’t my most favorite one.
                                      **Nod** A part of me always wants as much new material as possible (especially if we're talking about one of my favorite artists)...but there's some real perks to the shorter-album approach. I've seen a lot of complaints about Camila being too short, but I think the final product is pretty consistently enjoyable (and really helped sell me on her as a solo star). I didn't miss any of those pre-"Havana" singles at all and if the album had been too bloated, some of the stronger songs might've gotten lost in the shuffle (and it could've been harder to maintain my interest). Shorter albums (ideally) allow an act to put their best foot forward, and don't require as much of your time.

Yep, that may be a reason of the age difference. But apart from his band, he’s more into male R&B singers or ‘real’ musicians… and doesn’t really care about the charts. He also detests the Eurovision Song Contest for example, while I love it (he ‘had’ to watch a bit of this years contest with me and had to struggle with admitting that there really were some nice entries ). So musically, we’re very different and even though he’s from that ‘business’, this doesn’t really mean much. Generally speaking, I think that’s actually a very interesting point, because us music fans always think our artists also care about charts and stuff, while this is probably not even true for many of them.
                                      :evil: :evil: :evil:

**Sigh** I’m not a fan of music elitism, so hopefully he’s mostly kidding There’s nothing wrong with disliking what I like (and vice versa), but I’m SO not here for anyone asserting how their tastes are somehow “objectively” more valid/legitimate/etc. If a song connects with you and moves you, I think that’s a wonderful thing (and one of the best parts of life TBH), regardless of whether that song came from a mainstream superstar or an underground indie act. That nonsense aside, though, you make a really interesting point about how charts are much more for the fans than the artists themselves!

<3 Haha… same for me! I thought she’s going with another high budget video à la NTLTC or GIAW, but I’m fine with that one and who knows, maybe there’ll be another one. It’s still not very clear if it’s a proper single or not, but “Breathin” definitely deserved a spot on my charts and that video gave me enough reasons to let it onto the Top40. You’re right as “One Last Time” also topped the charts… Unfortunately, she most likely won’t top this as she said she already wants to move on, so I guess there won’t be any other new singles of “Sweetener”, but that way it’s at least tied with “Dangerous Woman” which spawned four #1 hits as well (I count “Focus” to that era as well, otherwise it would’ve spawned just three top hits with “Be Alright”, “Into You” and “Side To Side”).
                                      Makes sense (I'm pretty sure it was still included on certain versions of DW anyway...)

As I just wrote over in your topic yesterday, there are no real standouts for me yet, even though I’ve heard the album a very few times (and I’m listening to it right now). Everything is basically on a similar level, but overall it’s better than her debut IMO. Glad you’re enjoying her album so much and who knows, maybe you’ll decide to check her debut out as well?
                                      I'm definitely more open to it now, after she showed how she can deliver an album with plenty of worthwhile stuff to discover on Always In Between. Right now Robyn's Honey has the bulk of my attention (and Allie X's Super Sunset just became available in full today) - but both of those are Caution/Camila-sized albums, so maybe I'll fit in I Cry When I Laugh sometime soon(ish)...

1 (NEW) Lindsey Stirling – I Wonder As I Wander
                                      2 (NEW) Zara Larsson – Ruin My Life
                                      3 (1) Ariana Grande – Breathin
                                      4 (4) Within Temptation feat. Jacoby Shaddix – The Reckoning
                                      5 (5) Ariana Grande – God Is A Woman *P*
                                      6 (2) Halsey – Without Me
                                      7 (3) Alan Walker & Sophia Somajo – Diamond Heart
                                      9 (6) Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper – Shallow
                                      11 (NEW) Rachel Platten – You Belong
                                      12 (11) Ariana Grande – No Tears Left To Cry *2xP*
                                      17 (17) Nick Jonas & Robin Schulz – Right Now *G*
                                      18 (14) Rita Ora – Let You Love Me
                                      20 (NEW) LP – Recovery
                                      21 (15) Inna – No Help
                                      22 (NEW) Ava Max – Sweet But Psycho
                                      28 (22) Calvin Harris & Sam Smith – Promises
                                      32 (27) Troye Sivan – Bloom
                                      34 (NEW) Paloma Faith – Loyal
                                      35 (RE) Amaranthe – 365
                                      37 (21) Avril Lavigne – Head Above Water
                                      • Although Lindsey doing stellar here is nothing unusual, I'm surprised that she managed to block Zara's long-awaited new single (and with a holiday offering in late-October) Granted, "I Wonder As I Wander" doesn't sound Christmas-y at all (Wikipedia tells me it's a Christian folk hymn/carol, so I guess there's the Christmas connection).
                                      • "You Belong" is so sweet, and so cute...but I'm just not often in the mood to hear a pregnancy tune I have zero parental instincts. Still, it was fun to get a surprise single release from Rachel!
                                      • Twenty One Pilots generally don't do much for me musically, but Tyler (I think that's his name?) looks mighty. sexy. sometimes.
                                      • "Sweet But Psycho" continues to drive UKMIX mad! Go Ava go!
                                      • There's some REALLY great lines in "Loyal" ("if we're always searching for a love that's perfect, how we ever gonna see just what we got?"), but something about the sound of it just doesn't stick with me. The lyrics are on-point, but the chorus/melody hasn't been hooking me. Still, I'm glad that the floppage of "Guilty" and "Til I'm Done" didn't stop her from investing in The Architect and continuing to milk the era!

Yet another wonderful chart, Tansike!
                                      last.fm

Comment

I checked out his album when I saw him in your chart which reminded me of him:

My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by phoenix98
                                          I guess your instant-error-identification skills can be a blessing and a curse.

Ha, yeah, so your experience with French is much more similar to mine with Spanish than your experience with English.
                                          It definitely is!

Yes, I think so. English is actually my most favorite language and the one I enjoy the most to write with (and sometimes also to talk with, but I still need to get a bit more into speaking with it). Swiss-German is obviously the language I use in my everyday life, and when I write something at my job or so then it’s German, but I low-key hate that
                                          Are there other languages you’d like to learn?

Ugh, 25??? Damn, and I already thought cutting people off/dismissing them at 30 was too unfairly young :x Ha, so 60ish is your cutoff, then? ;) I agree 1000% with your last statement, though: focusing on the number itself can be a terrible/meaningless indicator of the kind of connection you might actually have with a person. Some of your pop culture/media references might not line up as well when there's a wider age gap, but you could have far more similar world views/outlooks on significant matters than people your own age.
                                          Yeah, sadly :( At least that’s what I experienced a while ago when I lurked through a gay chat site… Well, my point was more like there’s no real limit to me overall if it fits. But yes, there are obviously some things you can’t talk about to everyone, like the pop culture / media references you mentioned, but then that can already be the case with people in the same age if they don’t really care about these things. I even experienced that there are also (much) older people who get some of these references.

Ha, I hope this doesn't seem totally unsympathetic, but that's pretty adorable/endearing <3 The Saw moves are especially graphic, so I can see how some of those scenes/images could stick in someone's brain for a LONG time. I didn't realize you had issues with insomnia in general, though! That's really rough, since sleep deprivation has so many negative effects :-? Aside from avoiding horror movies, what helps ease that problem for you? Avoiding caffeine...?
                                          <3 Why should that seem unsympathetic?
                                          Yes, it’s really rough and I already tried many things, and most of them aren’t helping. Avoiding caffeine doesn’t help and makes the day just rougher for me (as I NEED a coffee or two in the morning after having a terrible night and most of the time something else with caffeine in the afternoon otherwise I fall asleep…), also avoiding electronic devices an hour before going to bed and stuff like that. Two things helped the most so far: Sleeping pills, but it’s not allowed to take them too often, only like once a week so that’s not a good solution… and the other thing is smoking something green But I’m not a person who get things like that easily and it’s also not a thing I’d like to do all the time, so it’s just every now and then. It’s also not really legal over here, which is a shame as it’s really the best thing that would help in my case (and also to come down after a stressful day anyway, and the stress is most likely the main problem for my insomnia).

So random, but SO cool! Truly one of those "once-in-a-lifetime"-type experiences! You said you attended, yeah? Was it as wild as it seems?
                                          Yes, I attended, but it wasn’t as wild as it seems. But to be fair, as someone who is part of them (like, not of their band obviously, but I belong to them) so I had to be there when they were there, was backstage hanging out with them etc. so like 80-90% of the time it was just waiting for the next step. I’m actually happy I don’t have to do that all the time like they do, as even though performing may sound so cool, most of the time is just waiting, as you usually have to be there hours before your performance for soundcheck and everything.

Fair enough. For me, it ever-so-slightly elevates a song that hadn't done much for me before...but still not enough to help it actually enter my chart.
                                          Nice to hear the new version elevated the song for you but ouch for it to be still too weak for your charts

I'm VERY excited to hear about you setting aside some time for Mariah, but I'm sorry to hear about your upcoming operation Best of luck/sending many healing wishes your way! Mind if I ask what it's for? Hopefully your man steps up and tackles nurse duty while you recover! ;)

Ah, that's a really interesting, sensible approach: choosing to explore studio albums, since they were designed as a single, cohesive piece of work, which better showcases their vision/artistry (as opposed to compilations that just lump together a bunch of hits that may sound nothing alike). TEOM is another solid place to start (though I do think the singles outshine most of the album, but it's hard to really stand out next to moments like "We Belong Together"). It's a bit funny to see someone mention "Get Your Number," since that one was never pushed here in the States (we got "Shake It Off" instead), but I'm glad you have positive memories of it! Although it flopped basically everywhere, "Say Somethin'" was another big favorite of mine from that era. Whichever albums you choose, it makes me SO happy that you're planning to give her catalog a real chance <3 <3 <3 Truly warming my heart.
                                          Oh, you can ask me whatever you want if you’re not afraid of the answer
                                          Thank you! It’s actually nothing too serious, I’m just getting my nose done. Not a beauty operation though, I’m dealing with breathing problems for my whole life and can’t breathe through my nose, can’t really smell, the nose is always running… and due to that I’m also having problems with my throat, always have to cough and so on. And since it’s a good time financially and from the side of my insurance I thought I get it done this year. They predict that I won’t be able to work for two weeks and the operation will be under general anesthesia so I’m still a bit unsure about that though as I already made some not-so-good experiences with hospitals.

Since I expect to have time to dive into albums I’d really prefer to do so. Greatest Hits albums are also a way to ‘discover’ artists in a ‘fast’ way, but with Mariah I feel like it would be much better to get into the albums separately. Nice to hear that TEOM would also be a nice start – I guess I’m really going with “Daydream” first, followed by “Butterfly” and then TEOM – depending on if I’ll really have the time to check all these out as I’m expecting now. I had no idea “Get Your Number” wasn’t released in the US I still remember it so well because for a very few weeks it was one of my big highlights when listening to the chart show on the radio… It was even a very nice hit over here (#14 peak, 21 weeks in the Top100) – her seventh longest charting single ever in Switzerland (above “We Belong Together”, “Touch My Body”, “Dreamlover” and more)

Aww <3 Honestly, my interest in Mariah has never been as big as it is right now

I do often forget about that one but I remember that it went to No. 1 here!
                                          That’s correct! Her first #1 on my charts :cool:

**Nod** A part of me always wants as much new material as possible (especially if we're talking about one of my favorite artists)...but there's some real perks to the shorter-album approach. I've seen a lot of complaints about Camila being too short, but I think the final product is pretty consistently enjoyable (and really helped sell me on her as a solo star). I didn't miss any of those pre-"Havana" singles at all and if the album had been too bloated, some of the stronger songs might've gotten lost in the shuffle (and it could've been harder to maintain my interest). Shorter albums (ideally) allow an act to put their best foot forward, and don't require as much of your time.
                                          Yes to everything. I also thought “Camila” had the perfect length, not too short but also not too long, so it was perfect to get into Camila herself with this record and hear what she can do. Obviously, I’d be annoyed if one of my faves (Kerli for example) comes up with a 10-track-album and a length of 3x minutes, plus having released two songs prior the album release at first. But on the other side, thankfully, most of these short albums are filled with strong tracks, while the longer ones often have fillers, so instead of having these I’m definitely more here for a short album. My Indigo’s album (see my album charts) is also a short one (ten songs, less than 40 minutes) and it’s still slaying me and my charts as it’s always easy to listen to it when I don’t know what to listen to or so (and then I realize how good it is), same happened with another album (by Anette Olzon) which is currently the most certified album ever on my charts.

One of my favorite bands (Nightwish) use to release albums with a length of an hour or more, their last album even had a track with a length of 24 minutes! That’s nice for a fan on one side but really exhausting on another side.

:evil: :evil: :evil:

**Sigh** I’m not a fan of music elitism, so hopefully he’s mostly kidding There’s nothing wrong with disliking what I like (and vice versa), but I’m SO not here for anyone asserting how their tastes are somehow “objectively” more valid/legitimate/etc. If a song connects with you and moves you, I think that’s a wonderful thing (and one of the best parts of life TBH), regardless of whether that song came from a mainstream superstar or an underground indie act. That nonsense aside, though, you make a really interesting point about how charts are much more for the fans than the artists themselves!
                                          I don’t think he’s mostly kidding. I already experienced that with some artists, he’s not even quite open to a few things, while I expected something completely different from someone who is in that business. Interestingly, even though music is obviously a huge part of his life and it also is a very big part of mine (just different), we didn’t really connect yet when it comes to music.

Makes sense (I'm pretty sure it was still included on certain versions of DW anyway...)
                                          Iirc it was included on some Japanese edition so that counts!
                                          But seriously, over the years it grew on me even more and now it’s one of my favorite singles from her. A shame how she skipped it for the ‘official’ DW era as it also was a very good success for her (nice peaks everywhere, most of them even higher than DW/IY/STS).

I'm definitely more open to it now, after she showed how she can deliver an album with plenty of worthwhile stuff to discover on Always In Between. Right now Robyn's Honey has the bulk of my attention (and Allie X's Super Sunset just became available in full today) - but both of those are Caution/Camila-sized albums, so maybe I'll fit in I Cry When I Laugh sometime soon(ish)...
                                          That’s the positive but also negative side of being an user of Apple Music: It’s so easy to check things out whenever you want to!
                                          “Honey” is an interesting album you’re mentioning, as I also checked it out and can’t get into it at all :(

• Although Lindsey doing stellar here is nothing unusual, I'm surprised that she managed to block Zara's long-awaited new single (and with a holiday offering in late-October) Granted, "I Wonder As I Wander" doesn't sound Christmas-y at all (Wikipedia tells me it's a Christian folk hymn/carol, so I guess there's the Christmas connection).
                                          • "You Belong" is so sweet, and so cute...but I'm just not often in the mood to hear a pregnancy tune I have zero parental instincts. Still, it was fun to get a surprise single release from Rachel!
                                          • Twenty One Pilots generally don't do much for me musically, but Tyler (I think that's his name?) looks mighty. sexy. sometimes.
                                          • "Sweet But Psycho" continues to drive UKMIX mad! Go Ava go!
                                          • There's some REALLY great lines in "Loyal" ("if we're always searching for a love that's perfect, how we ever gonna see just what we got?"), but something about the sound of it just doesn't stick with me. The lyrics are on-point, but the chorus/melody hasn't been hooking me. Still, I'm glad that the floppage of "Guilty" and "Til I'm Done" didn't stop her from investing in The Architect and continuing to milk the era!

Yet another wonderful chart, Tansike!
                                          As you say, I also don’t think “I Wonder As I Wander” sounds that Christmas-y which helps a lot for me. Plus, when I listened to it for the very first time, I was so freaking shocked how brilliant it is. I wanted her vocals on an official single for so long and now it’s even so strong for me. The whole song is just… flawless! Plus it also has one of the best videos this year IMO, so it was a very clear #1. My reaction to a song wasn’t like that since early 2015, when Nightwish released their last lead single, so I’m expecting this to be a huge hit on my charts… in contrary, Zara’s new release is weaker than expected and the debut at #2 also comes from all the hype around her. I don’t see “Ruin My Life” repeating the success of most of her previous singles to me as of now, but who knows how it will look like in a few weeks.

I completely get what you mean but I still think “You Belong” is such a sweet and cute song with even sweeter and cuter lyrics. I hope she won’t give up on her music career now as her two albums are pop at its best.

Okay, so I really find this a funny coincidence because while I don’t feel a thing for Tyler at all, I have a huge crush on Josh lately. I meanyeah...

She does! And #22 will definitely not be her peak here

Aww, that’s sad to hear as you really enjoyed “The Architect”. But I agree that it’s great how she’s still investing in this era, but the album also was quite a success (Platinum in the UK, not many female artists can do that there these days) and who knows, maybe the track will grow on you if you check out the re-release?

Thank you so much

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy
                                            I checked out his album when I saw him in your chart which reminded me of him:

Glad you checked it out. It's currently growing on me and i think he did a pretty nice job with it

Comment

• thanks so much for all comments

My Charts - week 44/2018 – 2 november 2018 - busy, busy, busy…
                                              • Singles Top40

[spoiler:2j1b5484]As usual during this time of the year, there are many new releases on both, the singles and the album charts. However, as expected, Lindsey Stirling still goes strong with “I Wonder As I Wander” and gets a second week atop the charts. It becomes just the ninth song with multiple weeks at number one this year so far.

Lindsey’s closest rival is the highest of 12 new arrivals this week and a surprising one. Eleni Foureira represented Cyprus at this years Eurovision Song Contest with her smash “Fuego”, where she ended up second – by far the best result for the country ever! “Fuego” became the biggest hit around the globe of this years contest and also went Gold on My Charts. The follow-up single “Caramela” only peaked at #26 but still stayed on the charts for seven weeks, which is above average for such a peak. Now she’s back with her third offering called “Tómame”. The track debuts at #2, making Eleni the first contestant from this year with three chart entries and even just the third artist from the contest scoring such a high-peaking single outside the contest itself, following Emmelie de Forest and Loreen. The Top3 is completed by Amaranthe. The band already benefitted from the album release a week ago, but their latest single “Countdown” goes even further now by climbing 14-3 to become their fourth Top3 hit out of five chart entries to date.

Other new and re-entries this week: It’s been three years since British singer-songwriter Ellie Goulding debuted with her last lead single and this week she finally returns with new music. The new single is called “Close To Me” and she teamed up with Diplo and Swae Lee for it, though its debut at #7 isn’t the expected showing from her, as it’s tied with “Still Falling For You” as her lowest peaking entry so far. Cardi B already collects her eleventh chart entry in slightly more than a year as her new single “Money” makes a fitting debut at #11 this week. Even though she already has so many entries, none of them really became a big hit and apart from her Gold certified debut album “Invasion Of Privacy”, the rapper has yet to get another certification. RuPaul’s Drag Race contestant Blair St. Clair already made some impact with her “Call My Life” EP earlier this year, including the #2 peaking hit “Now Or Never” and a Top20 entry for the title track. Last week she finally released the video of the third single “Irresistible”, which starts at #14. Danish pop group Lukas Graham score their second Top20 entry with “Not A Damn Thing Changed”, as the track arrives at #16 following the album release. Their previous single “Love Someone” makes a shy return to #38 following the release boost. There’s another new entry in the upper half, coming from Lauren Jauregui. The singer was part of the girl group Fifth Harmony and even though she already has two chart entries with her name on it (“All Night” with Steve Aoki and “Strangers” with Halsey), “Expectations” serves as her first solo single and enters the charts at #20.

Speaking of former Fifth Harmony members, Normani also scores a new entry this week, and she even scores two at once, as she has released two collaborations with no one less than Calvin Harris! The first one is called “Checklist”, featured Wizkid and debuts at #21, while the second one is called “Slow Down” and debuts at #25. With four entries in total now (“Love Lies” with Khalid, “Body Count” by Jessie Reyez), Normani has the second most chart entries as a solo artist from all Fifth Harmony members now, only behind Camila Cabello, who already has seven entries to date. As already mentioned, Lauren has three with the new one from this week, while Dinah Jane scored her first entry a few weeks ago with “Bottled Up” (#30, one week). The only member who has yet to get an entry is Ally Brooke. It’s been an amazing year for Swiss singer-songwriter Bastian Baker, as he was chosen to be the opening artist for Shania Twain’s world tour. The singer has released his new self-titled album a week ago, and that one also contains the new single “Stay” which becomes his third chart entry ever by arriving at #28. Following Zedd’s song “Happy Now”, another DJ and producer has released a single with the same name with Kygo. The Norwegian musician has teamed up with singer Sandro Cavazza and debuts at #30. Steve Aoki and BTS are new at #36 with “Waste It On Me” while Sara Bareilles just made it to #39 with “Armor”, the final new entry of the week.

Other talking points this week: Within Temptation stay inside the Top5 with “The Reckoning” in its seventh week (4-5) with the song being certified with Gold now. Ava Max’ breakthrough single “Sweet But Psycho” jumps 22-13 following its debut a week ago. Meanwhile, Kodaline’s “Brother” (10-12), Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper’s “Shallow” (9-17) and Brandi Carlile & Sam Smith’s “Party Of One” (8-26) are all leaving the Top10. Due to all new releases for yet another week, there are also several other big drops. “Taki Taki” by DJ Snake & Co. (15-27), “You Belong” by Rachel Platten (11-29), “No Help” by Inna (21-34), “Mad At You” by Noah Cyrus & Gallant (25-37) and “Venice Bitch” by Lana Del Rey (19-40) are some of the other big ones. Last but not least, K-Pop stars BTS get their very first certification ever as their track “Idol” goes Gold this week (26-33).

Amaranthe’s “Countdown” is the biggest climber while Lana Del Rey’s “Venice Bitch” is the biggest loser this week.
                                              [/spoiler:2j1b5484]
                                              1 (1) Lindsey Stirling – I Wonder As I Wander
                                              Chart Run: *1*-1- / 2w

2 (NEW) Eleni Foureira – Tómame

3 (14) Amaranthe – Countdown
                                              Chart Run: 9-27-Out-RE 14-*3*- / 4w

4 (3) Ariana Grande – Breathin
                                              Chart Run: *1*-3-4- / 3w

5 (4) Within Temptation feat. Jacoby Shaddix – The Reckoning *G*
                                              Chart Run: *1*-1-1-3-4-4-5- / 7w

6 (5) Ariana Grande – God Is A Woman *P*
                                              Chart Run: *1*-2-1-1-1-2-4-6-5-5-6-13-12-5-5-6- / 16w

7 (NEW) Ellie Goulding, Diplo & Swae Lee – Close To Me
                                              Chart Run: *7*- / 1w

8 (6) Halsey – Without Me
                                              Chart Run: *1*-2-6-8- / 4w

9 (2) Zara Larsson – Ruin My Life
                                              Chart Run: *2*-9- / 2w

10 (7) Alan Walker & Sophia Somajo – Diamond Heart
                                              Chart Run: 5-*2*-3-7-10- / 5w

11 (NEW) Cardi B – Money
                                              Chart Run: *11*- / 1w

12 (10) Kodaline – Brother
                                              Chart Run: 10-*8*-9-10-12- / 5w

13 (22) Ava Max – Sweet But Psycho
                                              Chart Run: 22-*13*- / 2w

14 (NEW) Blair St. Clair – Irresistible
                                              Chart Run: *14*- / 1w

15 (12) Ariana Grande – No Tears Left To Cry *2xP*
                                              Chart Run: *1*-1-4-9-5-3-4-9-12-8-9-5-2-3-6-8-10-1-3-2-2-4-7-18-17-11-12-15- / 28w

16 (NEW) Lukas Graham – Not A Damn Thing Changed
                                              Chart Run: *16*- / 1w

17 (9) Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper – Shallow
                                              Chart Run: *2*-5-6-9-17- / 5w

18 (13) Stefanie Heinzmann feat. Alle Farben – Build A House
                                              Chart Run: 17-*3*-4-7-13-18- / 6w

19 (16) Michael Schulte – Never Let You Down
                                              Chart Run: 26-18-*13*-16-19- / 5w

20 (NEW) Lauren Jauregui – Expectations
                                              Chart Run: *20*- / 1w

21 (NEW) Normani & Calvin Harris feat. Wizkid – Checklist
                                              Chart Run: *21*- / 1w

22 (17) Nick Jonas & Robin Schulz – Right Now *G*
                                              Chart Run: 5-*3*-4-6-4-7-10-17-17-22- / 10w

23 (24) Astrid S – Emotion
                                              Chart Run: 24-*23*- / 2w

24 (18) Rita Ora – Let You Love Me
                                              Chart Run: *3*-12-11-14-18-24- / 6w

25 (NEW) Normani & Calvin Harris – Slow Down
                                              Chart Run: *25*- / 1w

26 (8) Brandi Carlile feat. Sam Smith – Party Of One
                                              Chart Run: *8*-26- / 2w

27 (15) DJ Snake feat. Selena Gomez, Cardi B & Ozuna – Taki Taki
                                              Chart Run: *4*-6-8-15-27- / 5w

28 (NEW) Bastian Baker – Stay
                                              Chart Run: *28*- / 1w

29 (11) Rachel Platten – You Belong
                                              Chart Run: *11*-29- / 2w

30 (NEW) Kygo feat. Sandro Cavazza – Happy Now
                                              Chart Run: *30*- / 1w

31 (27) Benjamin Ingrosso – Behave
                                              Chart Run: *26*-27-31- / 3w

32 (29) Mikolas Josef – Me Gusta
                                              Chart Run: *20*-29-32- / 3w

33 (26) BTS feat. Nicki Minaj – Idol *G*
                                              Chart Run: *2*-7-6-9-10-19-21-24-26-33- / 10w

34 (21) Inna – No Help
                                              Chart Run: *1*-2-9-20-14-15-21-34- / 8w

35 (28) Calvin Harris & Sam Smith – Promises
                                              Chart Run: 26-22-15-*12*-15-15-16-19-22-28-35- / 11w

36 (NEW) Steve Aoki feat. BTS – Waste It On Me
                                              Chart Run: *36*- / 1w

37 (25) Noah Cyrus & Gallant – Mad At You
                                              Chart Run: *3*-8-5-14-15-18-25-37- / 8w

38 (RE) Lukas Graham – Love Someone
                                              Chart Run: *36*-Out-RE 38- / 2w

39 (NEW) Sara Bareilles – Armor
                                              Chart Run: *39*- / 1w

40 (19) Lana Del Rey – Venice Bitch
                                              Chart Run: *2*-6-7-10-19-40- / 6w

Out of Top40
                                              Out (20) LP – Recovery (1w)
                                              Out (23) Twenty One Pilots – Jumpsuit (9w)
                                              Out (30) MØ – Nostalgia (2w)
                                              Out (31) Northward – While Love Died (3w)
                                              Out (32) Troye Sivan – Bloom (9w)
                                              Out (33) Sotiria & Unheilig – Hallo Leben (6w)
                                              Out (34) Paloma Faith – Loyal (1w)
                                              Out (35) Amaranthe – 365 (7w)
                                              Out (36) Billie Eilish – When The Party’s Over (1w)
                                              Out (37) Avril Lavigne – Head Above Water (5w)
                                              Out (38) Anna Rossinelli – Hold Your Head Up (2w)
                                              Out (39) Tori Kelly feat. Kirk Franklin – Never Alone (3w)
                                              Out (40) Little Mix feat. Nicki Minaj – Woman Like Me (2w)

New certifications
                                              ”Idol” by BTS feat. Nicki Minaj and “The Reckoning” by Within Temptation feat. Jacoby Shaddix go GOLD (250+ points)

?

Comment

My Charts - week 44/2018 – 2 november 2018 - busy, busy, busy…
                                                • Album Top20

[spoiler:puanvhxd]Even though it’s not as busy as a week ago, there’s a lot going on for yet another week on the Album Top20 as six new entries made the charts. Amaranthe’s “Helix” (2-1) and Lindsey Stirling’s “Warmer In The Winter” (1-2) switch places this time, giving the former their first number one album ever. The highest debut is just behind these two, as Bastian Baker’s self-titled album comes in at #3. The Swiss singer-songwriter already collected several successful albums in Switzerland, however, “Bastian Baker” is only his second entry ever on My Charts following “Facing Canyons” which peaked at #12 three years ago.

Other new entries this week: “Love Someone” may have underperformed as the first single, but Danish band Lukas Graham are still able to get a fairly good debut with their new album “3 (The Purple Album)” at #5. Their last album debuted and peaked at the same position in early 2016. A new year, a new Christmas release by Acapella group Pentatonix. For the fifth season in a row, they have released a new Christmas record (including two re-releases), this time it’s a completely new one called “Christmas Is Here!”. It enters the charts at #8 as their sixth Top10 album, up against just four entries on the Singles Top40 to date, being one of the very few artists to have more album entries than single entries. Tom Odell’s last album “Wrong Crowd” spent five weeks in the upper half, including a peak inside the Top3, but its follow-up “Jubilee Road” can’t repeat its success and only arrives at #10. The final two debuts are “Honey” by Robyn (#18) and “Masters Of The Sun Vol. I” by The Black Eyed Peas (#19). The latter is a comeback after seven and a half years and quite a shocking one, as their last album “The Beginning” even went Gold.

Other talking points this week: Ariana Grande continues with her strong run as “Sweetener” only dips 3-4 this week. My Indigo’s self-titled album also remains in the upper half (6-9). Both albums are certified with new certifications, as “Sweetener” goes Platinum and “My Indigo” even goes 2x Platinum. It’s already the fifth Platinum certified album for the former. Following a rather weak start, Sotiria’s “Hallo Leben” climbs 16-12 and reaches a new peak. Benjamin Ingrosso’s “Identification” (19-14) and Tini’s “Quiero Volver” (20-16) are also able to rise a few spots following their big drops a week ago.
                                                [/spoiler:puanvhxd]
                                                1 (2) Amaranthe – Helix
                                                Chart Run: 2-*1*- / 2w

2 (1) Lindsey Stirling – Warmer In The Winter *P*
                                                Chart Run: *1*-3-7-10-16-10-1-1-2-1-4-10-19-Out-RE 18-Out-RE 1-2- / 16w

3 (NEW) Bastian Baker – Bastian Baker
                                                Chart Run: *3*- / 1w

4 (3) Ariana Grande – Sweetener *P*
                                                Chart Run: *1*-2-1-1-3-3-5-4-2-3-4- / 11w

5 (NEW) Lukas Graham – 3 (The Purple Album)
                                                Chart Run: *5*- / 1w

6 (4) Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper – A Star Is Born Soundtrack
                                                Chart Run: *1*-1-4-6- / 4w

7 (5) MØ – Forever Neverland
                                                Chart Run: *5*-7- / 2w

8 (NEW) Pentatonix – Christmas Is Here!

9 (6) My Indigo – My Indigo *2xP*
                                                Chart Run: *1*-1-2-4-4-5-7-8-8-7-10-8-5-6-8-9-9-7-9-4-6-5-8-10-10-11-6-9- / 28w

10 (NEW) Tom Odell – Jubilee Road
                                                Chart Run: *10*- / 1w

11 (7) Northward – Northward
                                                Chart Run: *7*-11- / 2w

12 (16) Sotiria – Hallo Leben
                                                Chart Run: 16-*12*- / 2w

13 (11) Twenty One Pilots – Trench
                                                Chart Run: *2*-3-11-13- / 4w

14 (19) Benjamin Ingrosso – Identification
                                                Chart Run: *7*-19-14- / 3w

15 (12) Elle King – Shake The Spirit
                                                Chart Run: *12*-15- / 2w

16 (20) Tini – Quiero Volver
                                                Chart Run: *8*-20-16- / 3w

17 (10) Carrie Underwood – Cry Pretty *G*
                                                Chart Run: *1*-2-3-5-5-10-17- / 7w

18 (NEW) Robyn – Honey
                                                Chart Run: *18*- / 1w

19 (NEW) The Black Eyed Peas – Masters Of The Sun Vol. 1

20 (9) Disturbed – Evolution
                                                Chart Run: *9*-20- / 2w

Out of Top20
                                                Out (8) Conchita Wurst & Wiener Symphoniker – From Vienna With Love (1w)
                                                Out (13) Jamala – ????? (1w)
                                                Out (14) Jess Glynne – Always In Between (2w)
                                                Out (15) Noah Cyrus – Good Cry EP (5w)
                                                Out (17) Dua Lipa – Dua Lipa (12w)
                                                Out (18) Troye Sivan – Bloom *G* (8w)

New certifications
                                                ”My Indigo” by My Indigo goes 2x PLATINUM (400+ points)
                                                ”Sweetener” by Ariana Grande goes PLATINUM (200+ points)

Comment

• The beginning of my first semester of my masters has kept me so effing busy. It's nice that - even though you are "busy, busy, busy..." as well ( ) you are able to post your chart(s)

First, it's a pity Beyond the Black won't be part of your WT experience since they were on fire and totally nailed it. The crowd loved them and after the concert, they were waiting outside and fans were able to take pictures! That was brilliant! - You will also love the setlifst of WT, btw, since the new tracks sound very uptempo and energetic and a bit electronic, I'm pretty sure they wanted to perform songs which are either very much uptemo or "unique/a bit more experimental than usual".

Your #2 is a bit random but I love it at the same time haha. I prefer "Fuego", though.

Nice to see that "Countdown" was able to get a new peak due to its parent album's release. Nice to see that "The Reckoning" is still part of your Top 5! Hopefully, the concert will bring it back to life (and/or we will get "Raise Your Banners" by then.
                                                  Ariana songs seem to slowly drop (a trend I can't be a fan of)....your Survivor should have a positive effect on the songs on your chart, though!

I love the new certifications when it comes to your album chart!
                                                  #1 is no surprise
                                                  Mainshow Goes Diva: Kylie Minogue

Comment

• ^ Haha... well, yeah, i'm actually really busy as well in real life though it's also very busy at the moment when it comes to new releases

That sounds awesome! I feel like this really was a missed opportunity for me to get really into them. Hopefully another time. Amazing that you got a picture with them! Only two and a half weeks until i see them, can't believe it's suddenly so soon!

Glad you're enjoying "Tómame". Currently it's as good as "Fuego" to me, but time will tell if it will also end up with the same longevity. I'm so happy how a few ESC contestants of this year are releasing more singles and even good ones (Benjamin Ingrosso, Mikolas Josef, Michael Schulte, Eleni). It's always sad if there's a great artist on the contest and you never get a follow-up single.

Love "Countdown" now - have you already checked the album out? It's great! "The Reckoning" still goes hard for me. I'd love to get "Raise Your Banner" a week before i see them live or so. I was a bit sad how this should've come out two weeks ago but nothing happened... and their statement was weird about "The Reckoning" being 'so successful'... maybe they were looking at our personal charts
                                                    Ariana already did AMAZING on my charts so it's fine when she's declining now. She can't be on top all the time

Thanks

btw... i can't remember if we ever talked about it, but did you enjoy "My Indigo"?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X