Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JSparksFan
    Moderator and Site Supporter
    • 24 Jul 2009

I just checked out your #1, and it's so uneventful.

I also listened to "Pressure", and I liked it.

I notice "With You" debuted at #30. Hope it climbs this week!

Oh, and it's interesting how I was just writing in JakeP's thread that the Alan Walker song featured Kerli-esque vocals, and now I see the track here. I don't know if I was just imagining that because of the song title, though.

1 (NEW) Halsey – Without Me
    2 (5) Alan Walker & Sophia Somajo – Diamond Heart
    3 (1) Within Temptation feat. Jacoby Shaddix – The Reckoning
    5 (2) Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper – Shallow
    6 (4) DJ Snake feat. Selena Gomez, Cardi B & Ozuna – Taki Taki
    7 (6) Lana Del Rey – Venice Bitch
    11 (12) Rita Ora – Let You Love Me
    12 (13) Ariana Grande – God Is A Woman *P*
    13 (11) Avril Lavigne – Head Above Water
    16 (NEW) Charli XCX & Troye Sivan – 1999
    17 (18) Ariana Grande – No Tears Left To Cry *2xP*
    21 (19) BTS feat. Nicki Minaj – Idol
    22 (15) Cher – Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight)
    23 (21) Carrie Underwood – Love Wins
    25 (22) Troye Sivan – Bloom
    28 (17) Lana Del Rey – Mariners Apartment Complex
    29 (23) Lindsey Stirling – First Light *P*
    30 (NEW) Mariah Carey – With You
    31 (24) Years & Years – All For You
    32 (27) Carrie Underwood feat. Ludacris – The Champion
    34 (31) Nicki Minaj – Ganja Burn
    35 (37) David Guetta feat. Anne-Marie – Don’t Leave Me Alone
    36 (28) Muse – Pressure
    37 (25) Mylène Farmer & LP – N’oublie pas

Originally posted by Tansike
    Thanks for checking out "The Reckoning" and i'm very happy to hear you're enjoying it!
    Believe it or not, but I actually remember VERY well how you checked out their song "Paradise (What About Us?)" featuring Tarja nearly exactly five years ago (it was their last lead single) and the reason why I remember it so well is because you were so impressed with their vocal performances, and it even made your daily chart <3
    Aw, it's sweet that you remember this!
    Akini's Tribute to Donna Summer [#7]
    Your Billboard Top Ten: #1 Beautiful Things
    AlbumClash 2.0 [Kylie Minogue vs. The Libertines]
    Retro AlbumClash 2.0 [Katy Perry vs. No Doubt]

If honesty matters to you too much, the muscles of your jaws and neck will be forever knotted and your heart will crack. The wishes of business, the wishes of the clock, are all bigger than you. Bigger than humanity. Yielders are survivors. To yield is to be strong.

Comment

• crystalphoenix
      Site Supporter
      • 29 Nov 2007

Oh, the latter happened to me a few times already But in the end, my English skills still aren’t the best so I’m sure there are still some mistakes in my posts, but more like phrasing mistakes and not spelling mistakes.
      You've got a MUCH better excuse than I do there I'm definitely harder on my own mistakes/typos than others', though. As long as I can understand what they're trying to convey, it's all good. I think you come across INCREDIBLY well, considering English isn't your first/main language! Actually, on that note, I don't think I've ever asked when/how you learned English...

Yes, I still can’t believe she’s 26! She’s more like… forever 21!
      Hmm… I never told you how old he is?! So… what would you guess?
      [spoiler:1kggwo26]He’ll be 37 later this month, and I’ll be 27 in December, so we are ten years apart [/spoiler:1kggwo26]
      I never would've guessed! Not like that's SO old or anything, but I definitely assumed he was younger based on the few pics I've seen of him/you two together. So THAT'S your perfect type: older, but still looks your age? ;)

Well isn’t it like 50/50… half of the persons I know say ‘13’ is a bad luck number, the other half says it’s a lucky number. My birthday has a ‘13’ in it, it was a Friday the 13th and the time I was born has a 13 as well, so I have to look at it as a lucky number
      You were born on Friday the 13th? That's awesome! I don't think I've ever asked: are you into horror movies at all?

Yep, it’s incredible! His band had a performance on Saturday and I was there too, and on one song they had a little dance routine and it was fun to see how good he’s at dancing & singing while the others struggled a little bit by combining both
      Hmmm…. no comment…. yes
      I think we already talked about this in the past though I’m not really sure, so I’m just asking: Are you a good dancer?
      Awesome! Where did they perform? Your man should bring you up on stage sometime ;) Ha, I definitely LIKE to dance (after a few drinks), but the results usually aren't pretty...

You could just walk by at my place where I live, that’s much less risky than at my office place
      So you always leave the windows wide open whenever your man's over, eh? ;) Good to know...

Yeah, there was an article on Billboard stating it’s the second single. Maybe it was wrong though… but that would make sense why “Youth” and “Nervous” weren’t really promoted, which is a shame, as they are both good. “Lost In Japan” is good too, but I’m not really a fan of this new remix… What do you think?
      Eh, the original didn't do much for me, so I guess this is a slight improvement...but I still wish they'd done more with "Nervous" instead.

Oh – you googled the lyrics?
      Ha, yeah, I was seeing if they might give me more inspiration for my "Yet another ____________ chart" sign-off at the end of my post, since I don't know many synonyms or wordplay for "reckoning."

I finally checked it out. It’s not bad! As expected, I’m not blown away, but I also have to admit I thought it’s weaker, so it definitely surpassed my expectations
      Phew! I'll gladly take that review I think the fact that Miguel gets so much of the track to himself helps the song make a better impression on people who usually aren't as crazy about Mariah.

Yes, I saw that too – and I’m so happy about that! She’s smashing in the UK. Will be exciting to see how the album will do, her debut ‘only’ went Platinum there (it’s at around 360k which isn’t that outstanding for the 2012 standards). From what I remember, none of her songs really took off in the US, right? That’s a shame, especially for the brilliant “Anywhere”
      Yeah Her biggest Hot 100 hit (aside from "Black Widow") has been the No. 62-peaking "How We Do (Party)." WAY too many British acts (with plenty of mainstream hit potential) get snubbed here, and I TRULY don't get it (Rita, Little Mix, Cheryl Cole/Girls Aloud, Years & Years, Jess Glynne, etc).

...but at least "Let You Love Me" is officially a UK Top 5 smash now!

…and I assume you don’t like it? It’s actually my most favorite song from her
      Oh dear I guess it really IS another "I See Fire" situation for us...

Hm? I guess you have this from my little text of my charts, do you? If so, it says it’s the third song with three or more consecutive weeks at #1, but it also says there are six songs in total with three ore more weeks at #1
      Whoops! Well, there's a perfect example of a proofreading/closer-reading fail on my part.

Do you mean on my charts or overall? It’s her first entry on my album charts so I think #4 is good enough, plus “Gimme!” is already her biggest hit ever. Overall, I feel like this is such a surprise hit for Cher… but musically, I have to say I expected more songs that would be like “Gimme!”. That one has lots of energy, and some songs on the album don’t have that. So I’m with you on that.
      Ah, OK - so we're both somewhat underwhelmed by the album overall, but for different reasons. I think some of the ballads (especially "One Of Us," but also "Chiquitita") actually stand out/redeem the album the most. A lot of the uptempos feel too similar to the originals for me (or they just don't offer an interesting enough twist to make me want to play them over the originals, or even over other cover versions, like the A*Teens's "Mamma Mia").

1 (NEW) Halsey – Without Me
      2 (5) Alan Walker & Sophia Somajo – Diamond Heart
      3 (1) Within Temptation feat. Jacoby Shaddix – The Reckoning
      5 (2) Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper – Shallow
      10 (7) Nick Jonas & Robin Schulz – Right Now
      11 (12) Rita Ora – Let You Love Me
      12 (13) Ariana Grande – God Is A Woman *P*
      13 (11) Avril Lavigne – Head Above Water
      14 (20) Inna – No Help
      16 (NEW) Charli XCX & Troye Sivan – 1999
      17 (18) Ariana Grande – No Tears Left To Cry *2xP*
      19 (16) Calvin Harris & Sam Smith – Promises
      21 (19) BTS feat. Nicki Minaj – Idol
      22 (15) Cher – Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight)
      23 (21) Carrie Underwood – Love Wins
      25 (22) Troye Sivan – Bloom
      28 (17) Lana Del Rey – Mariners Apartment Complex
      29 (23) Lindsey Stirling – First Light *P*
      30 (NEW) Mariah Carey – With You
      31 (24) Years & Years – All For You
      34 (31) Nicki Minaj – Ganja Burn
      35 (37) David Guetta feat. Anne-Marie – Don’t Leave Me Alone
      37 (25) Mylène Farmer & LP – N’oublie pas
      38 (32) Kesha – Here Comes The Change
      • YES! I didn't want to get my hopes up, since we weren't on the same page with "Alone," so I'm really pleased to see that "Without Me" clicked with you too! Here's hoping the general public appreciates it more than they did "Alone" too. **Fingers crossed**
      • Nice little rebound for "Let You Love Me."
      • I was so excited for "1999," and it's just...fine. I mean, I'd still take it over most of the stuff that's smashing on the Hot 100 right now but both Charli and Troye have done SO much more for me before, this just feels like a leftover/afterthought by comparison.
      • "GTFO" didn't stick around for long, but at least "With You" swooped in soon after! Could Caution become your first Mariah album experience...?
      • Speaking of not sticking around, poor "All For You" really needs to slow down!
      • I haven't seen A Star Is Born, but I added the solo-Gaga songs to my library to treat like a new EP from her. Since the soundtrack managed that No. 1 debut, which tracks have you been enjoying besides "Shallow"?

Yet another chart that's fine with me, Tansike!
      last.fm​ ❖ Top 30

Comment

• Tansike
        Site Supporter
        • 28 Jan 2012

Originally posted by stevyy
        yass at the WY debut. A future #1, I assume.
        Not on my charts though It's nice, but weaker than "GTFO". It's likely to already leave this week, but maybe the album release will bring it back in the future

Comment

• Tansike
          Site Supporter
          • 28 Jan 2012

Originally posted by JSparksFan
          I just checked out your #1, and it's so uneventful.

I also listened to "Pressure", and I liked it.

I notice "With You" debuted at #30. Hope it climbs this week!

Oh, and it's interesting how I was just writing in JakeP's thread that the Alan Walker song featured Kerli-esque vocals, and now I see the track here. I don't know if I was just imagining that because of the song title, though.
          Aww... sad to hear you don't like Halsey's new track that much. I think it's very catchy and a strong pop tune. Not as strong as some of her stuff on "hopeless fountain kingdom" (her last album), but still strong enough for a new single. But i don't remember you being enthusiastic about any of her tracks, so you're not the biggest fan of her anyway, right?

Glad you enjoyed "Pressure", definitely the best Muse has released from their upcoming album so far!

Kerli-esque vocals? I never even thought about this, but it's actually a great thought
          I also had to think about Kerli's song with a similar name though

Thanks for checking out "The Reckoning" and i'm very happy to hear you're enjoying it!
          Believe it or not, but I actually remember VERY well how you checked out their song "Paradise (What About Us?)" featuring Tarja nearly exactly five years ago (it was their last lead single) and the reason why I remember it so well is because you were so impressed with their vocal performances, and it even made your daily chart <3
          Aw, it's sweet that you remember this!
          Of course <3

Comment

• Tansike
            Site Supporter
            • 28 Jan 2012

Originally posted by phoenix98
            You've got a MUCH better excuse than I do there I'm definitely harder on my own mistakes/typos than others', though. As long as I can understand what they're trying to convey, it's all good. I think you come across INCREDIBLY well, considering English isn't your first/main language! Actually, on that note, I don't think I've ever asked when/how you learned English...
            Thanks! Interesting point, as I’m surprisingly also quite harsh on mistakes/typos made by others. I don’t see my own mistakes/typos all the time, but you can give me a huge text by someone else and the first thing I see are the mistakes/typos (if there are any).
            Well, I learned it in school. We have nine grades here and I had it from seventh to ninth grade, plus two and a half years during my apprenticeship (as I always had two days school a week and one of my subjects was English). Though I never really learned for school so most of my English skills actually come from UKMix. When I joined in January 2012 I was much worse with English but writing on here has helped me a lot.
            Also, I never talked it (only had to write it), but since last year, my partner’s sister in law lives in Switzerland and moved here from the US (Texas) so there’s also finally someone I can speak to in English.

I never would've guessed! Not like that's SO old or anything, but I definitely assumed he was younger based on the few pics I've seen of him/you two together. So THAT'S your perfect type: older, but still looks your age? ;)
            Haha yeah he’s very lucky with his genes Honestly, age is just a number. Sometimes he’s acting much younger than I do and sometimes it’s the other way. It already happened that the age difference wasn’t helpful (as I’m still not used to things he’s used to) but overall it really doesn’t matter at all in our case. On one side, yes, I enjoy having a man who is older and can show me things, on another side I’m sure I also wouldn’t mind having someone younger. I never really thought about it and it is how it is.

You were born on Friday the 13th? That's awesome! I don't think I've ever asked: are you into horror movies at all?
            Yes, I was born on Friday the 13th… no, not at all Like, really not at all. I always get nightmares watching horror movies. Sometimes I’m trying it out and now I’m at least ‘able’ to watch things like Alien but I guess you mean other horror movies, right? Do you like them?

Awesome! Where did they perform? Your man should bring you up on stage sometime ;) Ha, I definitely LIKE to dance (after a few drinks), but the results usually aren't pretty...
            They actually performed in a cave, a very unusual location. Oh I don’t think I’d enjoy that!
            Ah so similar like me!

So you always leave the windows wide open whenever your man's over, eh? ;) Good to know...

Eh, the original didn't do much for me, so I guess this is a slight improvement...but I still wish they'd done more with "Nervous" instead.
            Ah, interesting! The original used to be such a big fan favorite so I assumed you also enjoyed it more than the remix! I also wish they’d gone with “Nervous”, a full treatment for “Youth” or something completely different. I don’t see this remix doing well on the charts. Maybe the article which wrote ‘2nd single’ was just a random one and doesn’t really mean something…

Ha, yeah, I was seeing if they might give me more inspiration for my "Yet another ____________ chart" sign-off at the end of my post, since I don't know many synonyms or wordplay for "reckoning."
            That’s amazing! <3

Phew! I'll gladly take that review I think the fact that Miguel gets so much of the track to himself helps the song make a better impression on people who usually aren't as crazy about Mariah.
            That’s true. Well, I don’t even have a problem with Mariah’s voice. If she has the material, I’d be definitely here for her. I’m actually low-key excited for her upcoming release
            Talking about her… do you have a favorite album by her? Like, if I’d have the time to check something out from her, which one would you recommend the most?

Yeah Her biggest Hot 100 hit (aside from "Black Widow") has been the No. 62-peaking "How We Do (Party)." WAY too many British acts (with plenty of mainstream hit potential) get snubbed here, and I TRULY don't get it (Rita, Little Mix, Cheryl Cole/Girls Aloud, Years & Years, Jess Glynne, etc).

...but at least "Let You Love Me" is officially a UK Top 5 smash now!
            Ouch! I knew her Hot 100 stats aren’t the best, but I thought one of “Your Song”/”Anywhere” at least made the Top50 or so So true about the British acts, I already wondered the same years ago…

Oh dear I guess it really IS another "I See Fire" situation for us...

Whoops! Well, there's a perfect example of a proofreading/closer-reading fail on my part.
            <3

Ah, OK - so we're both somewhat underwhelmed by the album overall, but for different reasons. I think some of the ballads (especially "One Of Us," but also "Chiquitita") actually stand out/redeem the album the most. A lot of the uptempos feel too similar to the originals for me (or they just don't offer an interesting enough twist to make me want to play them over the originals, or even over other cover versions, like the A*Teens's "Mamma Mia").
            Hmmm… it’s been just a week and my view on the album already changed, as I’m surprisingly already over it now Like, it’s nice and all, but after hearing it a few times I suddenly got the feeling like it’s just a simple karaoke album. It’s fun at times but overall I don’t even see the purpose of this if ABBA’s originals are just *SO* good. So as you say, doing covers which are so similar to the originals just isn’t the best idea. But hey, it seems to work really well for her on a commercial level so that’s cool.

• YES! I didn't want to get my hopes up, since we weren't on the same page with "Alone," so I'm really pleased to see that "Without Me" clicked with you too! Here's hoping the general public appreciates it more than they did "Alone" too. **Fingers crossed**
            • Nice little rebound for "Let You Love Me."
            • I was so excited for "1999," and it's just...fine. I mean, I'd still take it over most of the stuff that's smashing on the Hot 100 right now but both Charli and Troye have done SO much more for me before, this just feels like a leftover/afterthought by comparison.
            • "GTFO" didn't stick around for long, but at least "With You" swooped in soon after! Could Caution become your first Mariah album experience...?
            • Speaking of not sticking around, poor "All For You" really needs to slow down!
            • I haven't seen A Star Is Born, but I added the solo-Gaga songs to my library to treat like a new EP from her. Since the soundtrack managed that No. 1 debut, which tracks have you been enjoying besides "Shallow"?

Yet another chart that's fine with me, Tansike!
            *fingers crossed* that’d be awesome! It’s such a catchy pop track. On one side I’m sad she’s already moving on considering how much I love(d) “hopeless fountain kingdom” – I still think there are some brilliant tunes left which deserved a video. On another side, I’m glad she’s already moving on and keeps on releasing great tunes. She’s having an incredible run for me and I’m so happy this song also clicked with you <3

I can see “Let You Love Me” being quite stable for the upcoming few weeks

Oh thank god! I was afraid I’d be the only one who is underwhelmed by “1999”. I mean, it’s Charli XCX AND Troye. I expected something more epic. That way it’s a nice but also quite forgettable song, so I’m completely on your side with this.

It could – and I’m sorry, I just remembered that I already own one of her albums, though it’s not a proper one: “Merry Christmas”!

I’m afraid “All For You” was released during the wrong time for me But at least it’s already more successful than “If You’re Over Me”…

Mostly the Gaga songs, especially “Why Did You Do That?”, “Heal Me”, “Before I Cry” and “Always Remember Us This Way”. The soundtrack has been such a positive surprise for me and I hope I can watch the movie soon – I just need someone else to come with me Can’t wait to hear your feedback about the Gaga songs, they’re really good!

Thank you so much

Comment

• Tansike
              Site Supporter
              • 28 Jan 2012

thanks so much for all comments

My Charts - week 42/2018 – 18 october 2018 - just keep Breathin
              • Singles Top40

[spoiler:kue28pm1]Following a rather surprising release of a video for “Breathin”, Ariana Grande’s track finally makes its way to the Singles Top40 and immediately becomes her fourth song to debut at number one this year alone, following “No Tears Left To Cry”, “The Light Is Coming” and “God Is A Woman”, which still owns the title as the longest running number one single of the year with four weeks. “Breathin” serves as the third official single of her fourth album “Sweetener”, and it’s her 14th chart topper and 29th chart entry in total. 2018 ties 2014 as the year with most number one entries for Ariana now, as “Problem”, “Break Free”, “Best Mistake” and “Love Me Harder” all reached the summit back then. It’s a great week for Ariana overall, as her other two singles also increase this week, with “God Is A Woman” jumping back up 12-5 and “No Tears Left To Cry” returning 17-11.

It’s not the most exciting week when it comes to new entries, as apart from “Breathin”, only four more new and two re-entries made it onto the charts. The Top3 from last week all just go down one spot each with Halsey’s “Without Me” (1-2), Alan Walker’s “Diamond Heart” (2-3) and Within Temptation’s “The Reckoning” (3-4).

Other new and re-entries this week: British girl group Little Mix are back with the new lead single their upcoming new album, which will simply be called “LM5”. The track is called “Woman Like Me” and is new at #16, which is their third Top20 hit and seventh chart entry in total. The track features Nicki Minaj, who has made nine entries on the Top40 in this year alone now. It’s a very good week for former ESC contestants. While Michael Schulte reaches a new peak with “Never Let You Down” this week as well (18-13), there are three new entries by former ESC contestants this week. The highest one belongs to Anna Rossinelli, the Swiss contestant from 2011. Her (or their) new single “Hold Your Head Up” debuts at #19, closely followed by Mikolas Josef, who represented the Czech Republic this year. His new single is called “Me Gusta” and enters the charts at #20. Benjamin Ingrosso is also from this year and represented Sweden. He’s also getting another entry with the single “Behave” at #26 following the release of his debut album.

The two re-entries both belong to the same artist, and that’s Jess Glynne. The singer has finally released her second album “Always In Between”, which has spawned the two singles “I’ll Be There” and “All I Am” so far. Apart from her Clean Bandit collaboration “Rather Be” (#20 in 2014) and the surprise hit “Take Me Home” (#3 in 2016) the singer has yet to get another Top20 hit, as both of the latest singles also underperformed so far. But the album release boost brings “All I Am” to a new peak (#25) and “I’ll Be There” to its previous peak (#36).

Other talking points this week: The video release for “Taki Taki” didn’t bring the expected hype and so the song falls down a few spots for yet another week (6-8). “Jumpsuit” by Twenty One Pilots (9-12) and more surprisingly “Right Now” by Nick Jonas and Robin Schulz (10-17) have to leave the Top10, though the latter goes Gold this week. Also rather unexpected is the drop for Avril Lavigne’s “Head Above Water”, which drops 13-21 in its fourth week. “Never Alone” by Tori Kelly moves up 24-23 for a new peak, while Years & Years’ “All For You” (31-28) and Sotiria & Unheilig’s “Hallo Leben” (40-37) are both able to rise as well even though they fell a lot in the past weeks.

Ariana Grande’s “God Is A Woman” is the biggest climber while Aurora’s “Queendom” tumbles down 20-39 as the biggest loser this week.
              [/spoiler:kue28pm1]
              1 (NEW) Ariana Grande – Breathin
              Chart Run: *1*- / 1w

2 (1) Halsey – Without Me
              Chart Run: *1*-2- / 2w

3 (2) Alan Walker & Sophia Somajo – Diamond Heart
              Chart Run: 5-*2*-3- / 3w

4 (3) Within Temptation feat. Jacoby Shaddix – The Reckoning
              Chart Run: *1*-1-1-3-4- / 5w

5 (12) Ariana Grande – God Is A Woman *P*
              Chart Run: *1*-2-1-1-1-2-4-6-5-5-6-13-12-5- / 14w

6 (5) Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper – Shallow
              Chart Run: *2*-5-6- / 3w

7 (4) Stefanie Heinzmann feat. Alle Farben – Build A House
              Chart Run: 17-*3*-4-7- / 4w

8 (6) DJ Snake feat. Selena Gomez, Cardi B & Ozuna – Taki Taki
              Chart Run: *4*-6-8- / 3w

9 (8) Kodaline – Brother
              Chart Run: 10-*8*-9- / 3w

10 (7) Lana Del Rey – Venice Bitch
              Chart Run: *2*-6-7-10- / 4w

11 (17) Ariana Grande – No Tears Left To Cry *2xP*
              Chart Run: *1*-1-4-9-5-3-4-9-12-8-9-5-2-3-6-8-10-1-3-2-2-4-7-18-17-11- / 26w

12 (9) Twenty One Pilots – Jumpsuit
              Chart Run: 10-*7*-10-15-20-39-Out-RE 9-12- / 8w

13 (18) Michael Schulte – Never Let You Down
              Chart Run: 26-18-*13*- / 3w

14 (11) Rita Ora – Let You Love Me
              Chart Run: *3*-12-11-14- / 4w

15 (14) Inna – No Help
              Chart Run: *1*-2-9-20-14-15- / 6w

16 (NEW) Little Mix feat. Nicki Minaj – Woman Like Me
              Chart Run: *16*- / 1w

17 (10) Nick Jonas & Robin Schulz – Right Now *G*
              Chart Run: 5-*3*-4-6-4-7-10-17- / 8w

18 (15) Noah Cyrus & Gallant – Mad At You
              Chart Run: *3*-8-5-14-15-18- / 6w

19 (NEW) Anna Rossinelli – Hold Your Head Up
              Chart Run: *19*- / 1w

20 (NEW) Mikolas Josef – Me Gusta
              Chart Run: *20*- / 1w

21 (13) Avril Lavigne – Head Above Water
              Chart Run: *8*-11-13-21- / 4w

22 (19) Calvin Harris & Sam Smith – Promises
              Chart Run: 26-22-15-*12*-15-15-16-19-22- / 9w

23 (24) Tori Kelly feat. Kirk Franklin – Never Alone
              Chart Run: 24-*23*- / 2w

24 (21) BTS feat. Nicki Minaj – Idol
              Chart Run: *2*-7-6-9-10-19-21-24- / 8w

25 (RE) Jess Glynne – All I Am
              Chart Run: 30-Out-RE *25*- / 2w

26 (NEW) Benjamin Ingrosso – Behave
              Chart Run: *26*- / 1w

27 (25) Troye Sivan – Bloom
              Chart Run: 39-Out-RE 10-*7*-11-16-22-25-27- / 8w

28 (31) Years & Years – All For You
              Chart Run: *13*-24-31-28- / 4w

29 (16) Charli XCX & Troye Sivan – 1999
              Chart Run: *16*-29- / 2w

30 (23) Carrie Underwood – Love Wins
              Chart Run: *1*-8-7-12-21-23-30- / 7w

31 (22) Cher – Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight)
              Chart Run: 21-12-*9*-13-16-14-15-22-31- / 9w

32 (29) Lindsey Stirling – First Light *P*
              Chart Run: *1*-3-5-5-5-6-6-11-14-20-17-13-18-23-29-32- / 16w

33 (26) Sigrid – Sucker Punch
              Chart Run: *26*-33- / 2w

34 (33) Alessia Cara – Trust My Lonely
              Chart Run: *33*-34- / 2w

35 (34) Nicki Minaj – Ganja Burn
              Chart Run: *5*-8-19-14-21-26-31-34-35- / 9w

36 (RE) Jess Glynne – I’ll Be There
              Chart Run: *36*-Out-RE 36- / 2w

37 (40) Sotiria & Unheilig – Hallo Leben
              Chart Run: *14*-21-29-40-37- / 5w

38 (35) David Guetta feat. Anne-Marie – Don’t Leave Me Alone
              Chart Run: *20*-30-38-Out-RE 37-35-38- / 6w

39 (20) Aurora – Queendom
              Chart Run: *8*-20-39- / 3w

40 (32) Carrie Underwood feat. Ludacris – The Champion
              Chart Run: *3*-5-16-24-Out-RE 23-33-27-32-40- / 9w

Out of Top40
              Out (27) Amaranthe – Countdown (2w)
              Out (28) Lana Del Rey – Mariners Apartment Complex (4w)
              Out (30) Mariah Carey – With You (1w)
              Out (36) Muse – Pressure (2w)
              Out (37) Mylène Farmer & LP – N’oublie pas (3w)
              Out (38) Kesha – Here Comes The Change (3w)
              Out (39) Lauren Alaina – Ladies In The ‘90s (1w)

New certifications
              ”Right Now” by Nick Jonas & Robin Schulz goes GOLD (250+ points)

Click here for the Certification Database
              ?

Comment

• Tansike
                Site Supporter
                • 28 Jan 2012

My Charts - week 42/2018 – 18 october 2018 - just keep Breathin
                • Album Top20

[spoiler:2fwr9adi]Even though there’s one new arrival more than a week ago, none of the three new releases came even close to be a competition for the top spot. The soundtrack for ‘A Star Is Born&#39; repeats its success from last week and spends a second week atop the charts. It becomes one of five albums with multiple weeks at number one and with Lady Gaga’s name on it, following “The Fame” (two weeks), “Born This Way” (two weeks), “ARTPOP” (three weeks) and “Joanne” (six weeks), plus it’s already the seventh album this year to spend its first two weeks or more atop the charts out of 12 chart topper with multiple weeks atop the charts in total.

Following the success of “Breathin” and also the ongoing performances with “God Is A Woman” and “No Tears Left To Cry”, it’s no surprise to see Ariana Grande’s current album “Sweetener” still being inside the Top5 and even rising 4-2 this week. Depending on this weeks new entries, it may get ten consecutive weeks in the Top5 the next time! Twenty One Pilot’s “Trench” dips 2-3 and makes the Top3 complete. Having made at least a minor impact on this weeks charts is the highest new entry called “Always In Between”, the sophomore studio album by British singer Jess Glynne. The set arrives at #4, which is already better than the #6 peak of her debut “I Cry When I Laugh”. That one debuted and peaked at #8 at first three years ago, but got a second life in early 2016 following the success of her only real hit to date, “Take Me Home”.

Other new entries this week: Benjamin Ingrosso represented Sweden at this years Eurovision Song Contest with the track “Dance You Off”, and the singer has finally released his debut album “Identification”. The set starts at #7 becoming only the second album entry for one of this years ESC contestants following Saara Aalto’s “Wild Wild Wonderland”. Argentinian TV star Martina Stoessel – or simply TINI – already surprised with the success of her debut album “Tini” two years ago (#6, 7 weeks in the Top20). Its follow-up is called “Quiero Volver” and starts a little bit lower at #8. There’s also a re-entry near the bottom of the Album Top20, and that’s most likely the most surprising move about this weeks charts. It’s been three years since Ellie Goulding has released her last album called “Delirium”, and it’s been absolutely quiet around her for ages. And even though there are still no news about an upcoming new music project, the mentioned album “Delirium” is able to make a little comeback this time at #17.

Other talking points this week: Noah Cyrus’ “Good Cry” EP already falls 3-6 after its fantastic start. My Indigo’s “My Indigo” only drops one spot, though it has to leave the upper half of the Album Top20 for the very first time in its 26th charting week (10-11). David Guetta’s “7” (9-13) and Cher’s “Dancing Queen” (7-18) also leave the Top10 this week, with the latter having a rather shocking drop this time.
                [/spoiler:2fwr9adi]
                1 (1) Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper – A Star Is Born Soundtrack
                Chart Run: *1*-1- / 2w

2 (4) Ariana Grande – Sweetener *G*
                Chart Run: *1*-2-1-1-3-3-5-4-2- / 9w

3 (2) Twenty One Pilots – Trench
                Chart Run: *2*-3- / 2w

4 (NEW) Jess Glynne – Always In Between
                Chart Run: *4*- / 1w

5 (5) Carrie Underwood – Cry Pretty
                Chart Run: *1*-2-3-5-5- / 5w

6 (3) Noah Cyrus – Good Cry EP
                Chart Run: *1*-1-3-6- / 4w

7 (NEW) Benjamin Ingrosso – Identification
                Chart Run: *7*- / 1w

8 (NEW) Tini – Quiero Volver
                Chart Run: *8*- / 1w

9 (6) Aurora – Infections Of A Different Kind – Step 1
                Chart Run: *2*-6-9- / 3w

10 (8) Troye Sivan – Bloom *G*
                Chart Run: *2*-2-2-4-6-8-10- / 7w

11 (10) My Indigo – My Indigo *P*
                Chart Run: *1*-1-2-4-4-5-7-8-8-7-10-8-5-6-8-9-9-7-9-4-6-5-8-10-10-11- / 26w

12 (11) Kodaline – Politics Of Living
                Chart Run: *8*-11-12- / 3w

13 (9) David Guetta – 7
                Chart Run: *4*-6-9-9-13- / 5w

14 (12) Tori Kelly – Hiding Place
                Chart Run: *7*-7-12-12-14- / 5w

15 (14) Bebe Rexha – Expectations *P*
                Chart Run: *1*-1-1-1-2-2-3-4-6-8-11-12-12-9-13-14-15- / 17w

16 (13) Mylène Farmer – Désobéissance
                Chart Run: *7*-13-16- / 3w

17 (RE) Ellie Goulding – Delirium *P*
                Chart Run: *1*-1-2-6-12-15-Out-RE 19-12-3-2-2-6-7-7-10-1-1-1-3-7-12-19-Out-RE 15-14-16-Out-RE 17- / 26w

18 (7) Cher – Dancing Queen
                Chart Run: *4*-7-18- / 3w

19 (16) Tarja – Act II *G*
                Chart Run: *1*-2-3-4-7-12-8-15-20-18-16-19- / 12w

20 (15) Vanessa Mai – Schlager *G*
                Chart Run: *1*-2-2-1-3-5-10-12-16-15-20- / 11w

Out of Top20
                Out (17) Nicki Minaj – Queen *G* (9w)
                Out (18) Lindsey Stirling – Brave Enough *3xP* (71w)
                Out (19) MarieMarie – O (2w)
                Out (20) Christine And The Queens – Chris (3w)

New certifications
                none

Comment

• heppolo
                  Legend
                  • 17 May 2009

Re: My Charts - week 42 - just keep Breathin

It's okay, but still I prefer ''Dance You Off'' and ''Do You Think About Me?" as his singles
                  Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• JakeP
                    Superstar
                    • 19 Aug 2013

Hi Tansike

Well it's about time! But i'm so happy that breathin now qualifies for your chart. It's already well on its way to being one of my big songs of the year, and is still holding up strongly in my weekly charts.

The power of the baby pig. <3

I'm also delighted that Diamond heart was able to improve on its #5 entry as i had a gut feeling that would be its peak. Alan Walker is definitely back at the top of his game with this slice of synth blissfulness.

Cool rebound here, is it a knock on effect from the new arrival of breathin. Whatever it is, it's very good. Could the year end chart consist of an all Ariana top 3? Actually has any artist ever held positions #1, #2 and (or) #3 in your year end charts?

So i might be going to see this on Sunday if all goes to plan. I was hoping to go last Saturday with my mate but he didn't want to go. Now there's potentially 4 of us going to see the film. If so, it could have an impact on my chart although the results won't be known until my chart dated 27th Oct. Excitement!

See #5.

Not gonna lie, i'm slightly disappointed with this. I do like Woman like me and its looking set to enter my chart...but it'll be the girls first lead single from a new album to miss my #1 spot. In fact it might fail to crack my top 10 which is kinda tragic by Little Mix standards. I can only hope the next single will be a more JakeP friendly.

Best of the rest:

9 (8) Kodaline – Brother

Comment

• JSparksFan
                      Moderator and Site Supporter
                      • 24 Jul 2009

This just might be your finest #1 of the year, and one of the best ones you've ever had. It's such a therapeutic joy. It's helped me through many stressful work days since August.

On the minus side, you've knocked "With You" out after just a single week on the chart.

Good debut for "Woman Like Me". That turned out to be a big grower for me.

Excited to see if "Breathin" can fend off the tracks from all those new releases you highlighted in the Random Thought thread!

8 (6) DJ Snake feat. Selena Gomez, Cardi B & Ozuna – Taki Taki
                      20 (NEW) Mikolas Josef – Me Gusta

Aww... sad to hear you don't like Halsey's new track that much. I think it's very catchy and a strong pop tune. Not as strong as some of her stuff on "hopeless fountain kingdom" (her last album), but still strong enough for a new single. But i don't remember you being enthusiastic about any of her tracks, so you're not the biggest fan of her anyway, right?
                      I was a big fan of "Colours", and thought "New Americana" was interesting.
                      Akini's Tribute to Donna Summer [#7]
                      Your Billboard Top Ten: #1 Beautiful Things
                      AlbumClash 2.0 [Kylie Minogue vs. The Libertines]
                      Retro AlbumClash 2.0 [Katy Perry vs. No Doubt]

If honesty matters to you too much, the muscles of your jaws and neck will be forever knotted and your heart will crack. The wishes of business, the wishes of the clock, are all bigger than you. Bigger than humanity. Yielders are survivors. To yield is to be strong.

Comment

• Tansike
                        Site Supporter
                        • 28 Jan 2012

Originally posted by heppolo

It's okay, but still I prefer ''Dance You Off'' and ''Do You Think About Me?" as his singles
                        I'm positively surprised by his whole album to be honest. I don't know "Do You Think About Me?", i'll check it out

Comment

• Tansike
                          Site Supporter
                          • 28 Jan 2012

Originally posted by JakeP
                          Hi Tansike

Well it's about time! But i'm so happy that breathin now qualifies for your chart. It's already well on its way to being one of my big songs of the year, and is still holding up strongly in my weekly charts.

The power of the baby pig. <3
                          Hey Jake

I knew you would love that debut! This was a case of a song where I wasn’t sure if I should let it onto my charts or not, and I was waiting for an official confirmation about it being a single all the time, because it deserved an entry for ages. I’m glad she released a video now, so it was finally time to let it onto my charts… and how cute is that video?!
                          It will be exciting to see all the Year-End Charts this time as I think Ariana’s three singles will do well on most of them. She really slayed in 2018.

I'm also delighted that Diamond heart was able to improve on its #5 entry as i had a gut feeling that would be its peak. Alan Walker is definitely back at the top of his game with this slice of synth blissfulness.
                          “Diamond Heart” was even a contender for #1 the last two weeks but the competition is very strong at the moment. Ariana’s #1 debut was safe, and I love Halsey since last year and “Without Me” is a strong song IMO so Alan was a little bit unlucky, but this still may end up as his second biggest hit ever here. Completely agree with you

Cool rebound here, is it a knock on effect from the new arrival of breathin. Whatever it is, it's very good. Could the year end chart consist of an all Ariana top 3? Actually has any artist ever held positions #1, #2 and (or) #3 in your year end charts?
                          It’s 50/50… “Breathin” also plays a part in this rebound, but I enjoyed “God Is A Woman” so much last week compared to the previous weeks so it would have climbed without the arrival of “Breathin” as well. Well, don’t think Top3 is possible as “Breathin” came out a bit too late (or it would need to be near the top for the rest of the year, which will be difficult…) but who knows, maybe she’ll get the Top2?
                          No, it never happened before, though Lana Del Rey came close in 2012 with “Video Games” (#1), “Born To Die” (#2) and “Blue Jeans” (#4). Loreen’s “Euphoria” prevented that achievement.

So i might be going to see this on Sunday if all goes to plan. I was hoping to go last Saturday with my mate but he didn't want to go. Now there's potentially 4 of us going to see the film. If so, it could have an impact on my chart although the results won't be known until my chart dated 27th Oct. Excitement!
                          Oh, that’s great! Maybe I can convince my partner today as it’s still unsure what we’ll do this evening. I hope I can see it, the reviews are amazing, the music is strong and it’s Lady freaking Gaga! I had a little Gaga day yesterday and listened to “The Fame”, “The Fame Monster”, “Born This Way” and “Artpop” and I remembered how big her influence on me was since her breakthrough. I'm at a point where I can finally say that based on material, she’s actually my favorite artist ever.
                          Anyways, can’t wait to hear your feedback for the movie and if it will have an effect on your charts :cool:

See #5.
                          :cool:

Not gonna lie, i'm slightly disappointed with this. I do like Woman like me and its looking set to enter my chart...but it'll be the girls first lead single from a new album to miss my #1 spot. In fact it might fail to crack my top 10 which is kinda tragic by Little Mix standards. I can only hope the next single will be a more JakeP friendly.
                          It’s kinda good to hear that from you, as you loved them so much in the past and I really didn’t know what to think of this, and it seems there are a lot of people who are disappointed. I also expected a stronger comeback It also won’t have a long life on my charts as I’m already completely over it… Yes, fingers crossed the second single will be more our taste or maybe it will grow on us once the album comes out.

Best of the rest:

9 (8) Kodaline – Brother
                          As always, that’s quite a lot and I’m happy you’re enjoying so many songs from my charts! <3

Comment

• heppolo
                            Legend
                            • 17 May 2009

Maybe she can try to represent Switzerland once again in the ESC in the future. She has improved so much since 2011, especially in the vocal department.
                            Also, the music video has just been released.
                            Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• Tansike
                              Site Supporter
                              • 28 Jan 2012

This just might be your finest #1 of the year, and one of the best ones you've ever had. It's such a therapeutic joy. It's helped me through many stressful work days since August.

On the minus side, you've knocked "With You" out after just a single week on the chart.

Good debut for "Woman Like Me". That turned out to be a big grower for me.

Excited to see if "Breathin" can fend off the tracks from all those new releases you highlighted in the Random Thought thread!

I had no idea you’re loving “Breathing” THAT much! I still prefer the other two singles from “Sweetener” but it’s definitely another very, very strong single from her. She really released the three best songs of the album and has three of the best songs of the year overall.

I thought “With You” was slightly weaker than “GTFO” and that one already stayed there for only two weeks But I have to admit, prior “GTFO” and “With You” she only had two entries on my charts with “I Want To Know What Love Is” in 2010 and “All I Want For Christmas Is You” in 2016, so 2018 has been a good year for her on my charts

Ah, good to hear that! I’m still a bit disappointed and I hope it also turns out as a grower for me!

Well, it will be tough for Ariana next week. Lindsey Stirling and Zara Larsson are two huge competitors based on how they’ve done in the past, and there are rumors about a new Within Temptation single which may drop later today as well.

Very happy you’re enjoying loads of the Top40 <3

I was a big fan of "Colours", and thought "New Americana" was interesting.
                              Well, I like these two songs and the latter was the first thing I’ve heard from her. But nothing from “hopeless fountain kingdom” clicked with you then…

Comment

• Tansike
                                Site Supporter
                                • 28 Jan 2012

Originally posted by heppolo
                                Maybe she can try to represent Switzerland once again in the ESC in the future. She has improved so much since 2011, especially in the vocal department.
                                Also, the music video has just been released.
                                Yes, that would be a great idea! I only became a fan of them with the second album, they released some good songs which could have done better on the contest than their entry.
                                Haven't seen the video yet...

Comment

• Mainshow
                                  Legend
                                  • 06 Apr 2012

WT is still my number-one.. a pity the new single wasn't released this week!

It's amazing to see "Breathin'" on top of your chart,though! Cute video & excellent song! And it's great to read that it's the fourth consecutive Ariana #1 single on your chart in this year alone!!! IMPRESSIVE!

It's nice to see Czech Republic's hottie's new song debut so high and "Hold Your Head Up" is great as well! She deserves to get another shot at Eurovision!

Pretty sure, your chart update next week will be highly Metal-influenced
                                  Mainshow Goes Diva: Kylie Minogue

Comment

• Tansike
                                    Site Supporter
                                    • 28 Jan 2012

^ Oh, still your number one? That's awesome! I got a little bit back into "The Reckoning" but there are currently so many strong new releases, so the competition is strong. Also, i'm a little bit happy they actually didn't release "Raise Your Banner" this week, as there is another new release which amazed me so much that it will be the clear #1 for my next chart, so WT would've settled down for #2 or so.

Ariana is slaying this year :cool: Fingers crossed "Breathin" also becomes a hit on the charts out there!

Glad you're enjoying these two ESC-related new entries, and i agree about Anna Rossinelli. But i think she got over the contest now and built her own thing. Not many artists can do that... and now that she has a career, she probably has more to loose than to win.

I'm not even sure yet The metal releases didn't catch my attention as much as i expected so far, but there are still some days left until the new charts comes out, so maybe this will change until then

Comment

• crystalphoenix
                                      Site Supporter
                                      • 29 Nov 2007

Thanks! Interesting point, as I’m surprisingly also quite harsh on mistakes/typos made by others. I don’t see my own mistakes/typos all the time, but you can give me a huge text by someone else and the first thing I see are the mistakes/typos (if there are any).

Well, I learned it in school. We have nine grades here and I had it from seventh to ninth grade, plus two and a half years during my apprenticeship (as I always had two days school a week and one of my subjects was English). Though I never really learned for school so most of my English skills actually come from UKMix. When I joined in January 2012 I was much worse with English but writing on here has helped me a lot.
                                      Also, I never talked it (only had to write it), but since last year, my partner’s sister in law lives in Switzerland and moved here from the US (Texas) so there’s also finally someone I can speak to in English.
                                      Harsh but that does mean you'd make a great proofreader/copy-editor/etc!

Interesting! The fact that UKMIX and your partner's sister-in-law have helped the most actually makes a lot of sense, since that real-world-application/immersion makes SUCH a difference when you're trying to learn a language. I took Spanish classes throughout high school, but my Spanish skills are NOWHERE near your English skills! I might be able to piece together the meaning of something that I see written down, but writing a full response myself would be tricky, and conversations are basically impossible (except with small children, maybe...)

Haha yeah he’s very lucky with his genes Honestly, age is just a number. Sometimes he’s acting much younger than I do and sometimes it’s the other way. It already happened that the age difference wasn’t helpful (as I’m still not used to things he’s used to) but overall it really doesn’t matter at all in our case. On one side, yes, I enjoy having a man who is older and can show me things, on another side I’m sure I also wouldn’t mind having someone younger. I never really thought about it and it is how it is.
                                      Has he shown you a whole new world? ;)

Kidding (but not kidding) aside, the meaning/expectations attached to our age are definitely over-emphasized (sometimes even moreso among gay men, where turning 30 is treated like falling off a cliff) :x but as I get older, I'm noticing more how some of my jokes/references/nostalgia don't land with younger people (and the reverse is true too, how some things that are really important/common knowledge to a younger crowd don't interest or make sense to me at all...)

Yes, I was born on Friday the 13th… no, not at all Like, really not at all. I always get nightmares watching horror movies. Sometimes I’m trying it out and now I’m at least ‘able’ to watch things like Alien but I guess you mean other horror movies, right? Do you like them?
                                      Ha, that's a really fun factoid that you were actually born on Friday the 13th...but BOO @ you hating horror movies I haven't seen many of the modern/2010's ones, but I'm pretty familiar with the big 70's/80's classics like Halloween (I still need to see the new one, though!), Friday the 13th, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Child's Play, etc. For me, those are the perfect way to get scared in a fun, safe way (as opposed to stuff like roller coasters, which genuinely terrify me and make me miserable the entire time).

They actually performed in a cave, a very unusual location. Oh I don’t think I’d enjoy that!
                                      Like a literal cave in a mountain or something? Unusual indeed! Was there some significance to choosing a location like that...?

Ah, interesting! The original used to be such a big fan favorite so I assumed you also enjoyed it more than the remix! I also wish they’d gone with “Nervous”, a full treatment for “Youth” or something completely different. I don’t see this remix doing well on the charts. Maybe the article which wrote ‘2nd single’ was just a random one and doesn’t really mean something…
                                      Is that your way of saying you much prefer the original? ;)

Talking about her… do you have a favorite album by her? Like, if I’d have the time to check something out from her, which one would you recommend the most?
                                      Ooh...I love you for asking, but it's such a struggle to choose! Butterfly is a huge fan favorite, and probably mine as well (though it's been a while since I've played through all of her albums to compare)...but it's also when she started really leaning into R&B, so I'm not sure if it would be the best recommendation for you specifically. Daydream is a better compromise between her poppier beginnings and R&B/Hip-hop-flavored evolution (and it's another of my all-time-favorites from her).

Although this is kind of a lame answer, the best place to start is probably her Greatest Hits (it only covers her material up to 2000, but you're probably already more familiar with her singles after that anyway) or #1 To Infinity. Greatest Hits was actually the first album of hers that I ever bought back in 2002, and it REALLY helped turn me into a fan (after only being familiar with some of her big/most recent hits beforehand). No pressure, though!

Ouch! I knew her Hot 100 stats aren’t the best, but I thought one of “Your Song”/”Anywhere” at least made the Top50 or so So true about the British acts, I already wondered the same years ago…
                                      They certainly SHOULD'VE! Neither even cracked the Hot 100...

*fingers crossed* that’d be awesome! It’s such a catchy pop track. On one side I’m sad she’s already moving on considering how much I love(d) “hopeless fountain kingdom” – I still think there are some brilliant tunes left which deserved a video. On another side, I’m glad she’s already moving on and keeps on releasing great tunes. She’s having an incredible run for me and I’m so happy this song also clicked with you <3
                                      Sadly, that era seemed to really derail after "Bad At Love" smashed so hard :-? "Alone" got that new version and video, but the public (shockingly) said "pass"...then "Strangers" got an (underwhelming) video, but wasn't treated like a proper single in any other way. I wonder if the fact that some of her featured singles started doing well/stealing the spotlight ("Him & I," "Eastside") convinced them against investing more in HFK.

Oh thank god! I was afraid I’d be the only one who is underwhelmed by “1999”. I mean, it’s Charli XCX AND Troye. I expected something more epic. That way it’s a nice but also quite forgettable song, so I’m completely on your side with this.
                                      Phew! The video definitely deserves some credit, though.

It could – and I’m sorry, I just remembered that I already own one of her albums, though it’s not a proper one: “Merry Christmas”!
                                      Nice! That's still better than having none, and "All I Want For Christmas Is You" is kind of becoming her signature/most recognized and enduring song....

Mostly the Gaga songs, especially “Why Did You Do That?”, “Heal Me”, “Before I Cry” and “Always Remember Us This Way”. The soundtrack has been such a positive surprise for me and I hope I can watch the movie soon – I just need someone else to come with me Can’t wait to hear your feedback about the Gaga songs, they’re really good!
                                      Your man can't be bothered with Gaga - even in a movie about being in the music industry (like he is in real life)? Maybe this is where the age difference can present a problem...

15 (14) Inna – No Help
                                      38 (35) David Guetta feat. Anne-Marie – Don’t Leave Me Alone
                                      ?
                                      Pork powers ACTIVATE! Although the video's certainly not what I expected (or quite what such an epic song deserves), I LOVE that it lead to this No. 1 debut! So My Everything eventually produced five No. 1 hits here, which means Sweetener is just one short of achieving the same now?
                                      • If I remember right, Little Mix were starting to really click with you last era, right? Hopefully they haven't undone all of that with "Woman Like Me."
                                      • Poor Avril's really starting to sink...
                                      • Pleased to see those Always In Between re-entries, especially that new peak for "All I Am" Has anything else on the album been standing out to you? I never checked out I Cry When I Laugh, but based on the first two singles (and the convenience of Apple Music), I gave Always In Between a try. Glad I did!

Yet another chart that's like a breath of fresh air, Tansike!
                                      last.fm​ ❖ Top 30

Comment

• Tansike
                                        Site Supporter
                                        • 28 Jan 2012

Harsh but that does mean you'd make a great proofreader/copy-editor/etc!

Interesting! The fact that UKMIX and your partner's sister-in-law have helped the most actually makes a lot of sense, since that real-world-application/immersion makes SUCH a difference when you're trying to learn a language. I took Spanish classes throughout high school, but my Spanish skills are NOWHERE near your English skills! I might be able to piece together the meaning of something that I see written down, but writing a full response myself would be tricky, and conversations are basically impossible (except with small children, maybe...)
                                        Yeah… some people always give me their stuff to proofread because they know that

Yes, definitely. Also, back in school, I had to learn English as it was obligatory, so the motivation was completely different to now, where I do it because I’d like to. Imagine being on a music forum which is Spanish and you have a sister-in-law who comes from Spain, I’m sure your Spanish skills would improve a lot as well It’s similar to me and French, as I had French for two years more than I had English in school, as it’s also one of our country’s languages. But I forgot most of it and the only sentences I need to use are ‘je ne parle pas français’ (I don’t speak French) and ‘je ne comprends pas français’ (I don’t understand French)

Has he shown you a whole new world? ;)

Kidding (but not kidding) aside, the meaning/expectations attached to our age are definitely over-emphasized (sometimes even moreso among gay men, where turning 30 is treated like falling off a cliff) :x but as I get older, I'm noticing more how some of my jokes/references/nostalgia don't land with younger people (and the reverse is true too, how some things that are really important/common knowledge to a younger crowd don't interest or make sense to me at all...)
                                        He did!

Oh yeah… I already experienced that 25+ is considering as ‘old’ for some gays these days But people caring so much about someone else’s age are superficial. Of course, I wouldn’t date someone who is 30-40 years older than me, but I’m open to have conversations with people no matter their age, and I’m even that open that if I’d be single and someone somehow catches my interest, I could date people who are ten years younger or maybe even 20 years older, because why not? There are people in my age who behave like teens while I for example can have a serious chat about life & stuff with people 10+ years older than me, so it always depends on a person and not on the age.

Ha, that's a really fun factoid that you were actually born on Friday the 13th...but BOO @ you hating horror movies I haven't seen many of the modern/2010's ones, but I'm pretty familiar with the big 70's/80's classics like Halloween (I still need to see the new one, though!), Friday the 13th, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Child's Play, etc. For me, those are the perfect way to get scared in a fun, safe way (as opposed to stuff like roller coasters, which genuinely terrify me and make me miserable the entire time).
                                        …and I was born at 9:13 AM, another ‘13’
                                        Hmmm ‘hating’ horror movies is probably the wrong word, I just don’t have the nerves for them. Like, I’m not even over exaggerating, but I saw a few ‘Saw’ movies around 8-10 years ago and I still have some little nightmares about them once in a while. Considering I already have big sleeping problems it’s just some kind of a self-protection that I’m avoiding horror stuff.

Like a literal cave in a mountain or something? Unusual indeed! Was there some significance to choosing a location like that...?
                                        Yep, in a mountain. A radio station booked them to perform there

Is that your way of saying you much prefer the original? ;)
                                        Yes, I think the original of “Lost In Japan” is much better than the Zedd remix. That one is disappointing to me, as I enjoy the original so much and I’ve also enjoyed Zedd’s latest releases a lot, so I expected much more…

Ooh...I love you for asking, but it's such a struggle to choose! Butterfly is a huge fan favorite, and probably mine as well (though it's been a while since I've played through all of her albums to compare)...but it's also when she started really leaning into R&B, so I'm not sure if it would be the best recommendation for you specifically. Daydream is a better compromise between her poppier beginnings and R&B/Hip-hop-flavored evolution (and it's another of my all-time-favorites from her).

Although this is kind of a lame answer, the best place to start is probably her Greatest Hits (it only covers her material up to 2000, but you're probably already more familiar with her singles after that anyway) or #1 To Infinity. Greatest Hits was actually the first album of hers that I ever bought back in 2002, and it REALLY helped turn me into a fan (after only being familiar with some of her big/most recent hits beforehand). No pressure, though!
                                        You know, I’ll have lots of free time soon as I’ll be on sick leave for two weeks starting in a month due to a operation, so I’m already starting to find some things I can keep myself busy during that time and not get bored, and that would be a great time to check things out that I wanted to check out for so long, and Mariah’s discography is definitely one of them. Plus a month later is Christmas holiday, where I won’t work for a week and a half and that’s also usually a time to check things out…

Thanks for the recommendations! “Greatest Hits” definitely sounds like a good start though I think I’m going with “Daydream” first and “Butterfly” second, also depending on what’s actually on Apple Music. Simply because I’m already quite familiar with lots of her singles and if i’d like to really discover an artist, I want to do it with ‘real’ releases, so I get to know them in a better way than through a greatest hits compilation.
                                        What are your thoughts about “The Emancipation of Mimi”? Because back then I nearly bought that one as I absolutely loved the singles, especially “We Belong Together” (obviously) and “Get Your Number”.

They certainly SHOULD'VE! Neither even cracked the Hot 100...
                                        Oh That’s... shocking!

Sadly, that era seemed to really derail after "Bad At Love" smashed so hard :-? "Alone" got that new version and video, but the public (shockingly) said "pass"...then "Strangers" got an (underwhelming) video, but wasn't treated like a proper single in any other way. I wonder if the fact that some of her featured singles started doing well/stealing the spotlight ("Him & I," "Eastside") convinced them against investing more in HFK.
                                        I think so, because when the era started, she said she’ll release lots of videos for it and already has several ideas, so I’m surprised there were ‘only’ five videos. On another side, that’s still quite a lot for a pop artist nowadays, so I’m probably just complaining on a high level… (btw, “Sorry” also got a video but wasn’t treated as a proper single).

Phew! The video definitely deserves some credit, though.
                                        True, they made a great effort for the video. But both artists already delivered when it comes to videos, so I’m glad they didn’t disappoint there at least. Still, it wasn’t strong enough for me to get back to the song

Nice! That's still better than having none, and "All I Want For Christmas Is You" is kind of becoming her signature/most recognized and enduring song....
                                        Yeah… and I have to say I really enjoyed the whole album, so it’s safe to say I can also listen to Mariah on a full record. Will be interesting to see how I’ll enjoy “Caution”. It’s quite a short album which is a huge plus for me when it comes to discovering ‘new’ artists in a genre which isn’t my most favorite one.

Your man can't be bothered with Gaga - even in a movie about being in the music industry (like he is in real life)? Maybe this is where the age difference can present a problem...
                                        Yep, that may be a reason of the age difference. But apart from his band, he’s more into male R&B singers or ‘real’ musicians… and doesn’t really care about the charts. He also detests the Eurovision Song Contest for example, while I love it (he ‘had’ to watch a bit of this years contest with me and had to struggle with admitting that there really were some nice entries ). So musically, we’re very different and even though he’s from that ‘business’, this doesn’t really mean much. Generally speaking, I think that’s actually a very interesting point, because us music fans always think our artists also care about charts and stuff, while this is probably not even true for many of them.

Pork powers ACTIVATE! Although the video's certainly not what I expected (or quite what such an epic song deserves), I LOVE that it lead to this No. 1 debut! So My Everything eventually produced five No. 1 hits here, which means Sweetener is just one short of achieving the same now?
                                        • If I remember right, Little Mix were starting to really click with you last era, right? Hopefully they haven't undone all of that with "Woman Like Me."
                                        • Poor Avril's really starting to sink...
                                        • Pleased to see those Always In Between re-entries, especially that new peak for "All I Am" Has anything else on the album been standing out to you? I never checked out I Cry When I Laugh, but based on the first two singles (and the convenience of Apple Music), I gave Always In Between a try. Glad I did!

Yet another chart that's like a breath of fresh air, Tansike!
                                        <3 Haha… same for me! I thought she’s going with another high budget video à la NTLTC or GIAW, but I’m fine with that one and who knows, maybe there’ll be another one. It’s still not very clear if it’s a proper single or not, but “Breathin” definitely deserved a spot on my charts and that video gave me enough reasons to let it onto the Top40. You’re right as “One Last Time” also topped the charts… Unfortunately, she most likely won’t top this as she said she already wants to move on, so I guess there won’t be any other new singles of “Sweetener”, but that way it’s at least tied with “Dangerous Woman” which spawned four #1 hits as well (I count “Focus” to that era as well, otherwise it would’ve spawned just three top hits with “Be Alright”, “Into You” and “Side To Side”).

Yes, they did – “Touch” even peaked at #2, “Shout Out To My Ex” at #13. I’m not sure about that as “Woman Like Me” will have a terrible drop this Thursday But it seems even the die-hard fans are disappointed in this…

She released it in an unlucky time and I’m afraid this already was it for “Head Above Water”

As I just wrote over in your topic yesterday, there are no real standouts for me yet, even though I’ve heard the album a very few times (and I’m listening to it right now). Everything is basically on a similar level, but overall it’s better than her debut IMO. Glad you’re enjoying her album so much and who knows, maybe you’ll decide to check her debut out as well?

Thank you so much

Comment

• Tansike
                                          Site Supporter
                                          • 28 Jan 2012

thanks so much for all comments

My Charts - week 43/2018 – 25 october 2018 - it’s already getting Warmer In The Winter
                                          • Singles Top40

[spoiler:1esjmnyj]What a week this has been! Half of the Album Top20 is new due to eight new entries and two re-releases and all of these albums obviously also bring some action onto the Singles Top40. Plus there were some other new releases which makes the singles charts quite busy this week. In the end, it&#39;s violinist Lindsey Stirling who reigns the charts and continues with her streak of big hits, as her new single "I Wonder As I Wander" immediately debuts at #1. It’s her 24th chart entry since her breakthrough with “Crystallize” in early 2013, which still is her biggest hit up to date. “I Wonder As I Wander” is already her 14th number one hit and even more impressively it’s her 24th consecutive entry with a peak in the Top3 – so her whole discography! She ties Ariana Grande and Kerli as the artists with the second most number one entries to date, only behind Lady Gaga and Tarja with 15 top hits each.

Lindsey’s closest follower is “Ruin My Life”, the new single by Swedish hitmaker Zara Larsson. Following a very successful era for her “So Good” album, “Ruin My Life” is her first chart entry in over a year and comes in at #2 as her 12th chart entry. Apart from “Uncover” (#14) and “Don’t Let Me Be Yours” (#13), all of her entries made the Top10 so far. Ariana Grande’s former number one “Breathin” slips 1-3 and makes the Top3 complete.

Other new and re-entries this week: Brandi Carlile has chosen the third single of her latest album “By The Way, I Forgive You”, but instead of releasing the album version of “Party Of One”, she went with a new version featuring vocals by Sam Smith. The song debuts at #8, surpassing the peak of both artist’s previous entries. Even though her last album only spawned two singles, Rachel Platten’s “Waves” still made it to a Platinum certification, and around a year after its release, she’s finally back with new music, as she released the ballad “You Belong”. She wrote the track for her baby and it’s currently not planned to be on an album soon. The song just misses to become a Top10 hit as it arrives at #11, but she keeps her 100% ratio of getting a peak in the upper half of the charts as it’s her sixth Top20 hit out of six entries in total. Singer-songwriter LP is also back in the upper half as her new single “Recovery” makes it to #20 this week. It’s a small improvement on the peaks of her previous two chart entries “N’oublie pas” (with Mylene Farmer, #25) and “Girls Go Wild” (#29), but still much lower than the Top10 peaks for her four singles of her last album. “Recovery” and “Girls Go Wild” will both be on her upcoming new album “Heart To Mouth” which still comes out later this year.

Newcomer Ava Max is currently setting the charts in Scandinavia on fire with her single “Sweet But Psycho” and other countries may follow soon. This week, the track arrives at #22 as her debut entry. Speaking of Scandinavia, Norwegian pop girl Astrid S owns the next new entry. The singer scored a minor hit with “Think Before I Talk” a year ago (#13, 7 weeks on the charts), now she’s back with the song “Emotion” at #24. Paloma Faith’s “Loyal” (#34) and Billie Eilish’s “When The Party’s Over” (#36) are the final two new entries.

Following the shortly mentioned album releases, there are also four re-entries on the Singles Top40 this week. Amaranthe got the biggest album boost for songs which already left the charts, as their singles “Countdown” (#14) and “365” (#35) are both back. MØ’s “Nostalgia” also benefitted and even reaches a new peak (#30) while Northward’s “While Love Died” is back at #31.

Other talking points this week: There are obviously several drops on this weeks chart, though the most shocking belongs to Avril Lavigne’s “Head Above Water” which already falls down 21-37 in its fifth week. Meanwhile, Troye Sivan’s drop for “Bloom” is rather small compared to others (27-32) and after its weak start it even becomes his longest charting entry ever this week.

Sotiria & Unheilig’s “Hallo Leben” benefits a little bit from the album release and rises 37-33 as the biggest climber while Little Mix & Nicki Minaj’s “Woman Like Me” tumbles down 16-40 as the biggest loser this week.
                                          [/spoiler:1esjmnyj]
                                          1 (NEW) Lindsey Stirling – I Wonder As I Wander
                                          Chart Run: *1*- / 1w

2 (NEW) Zara Larsson – Ruin My Life
                                          Chart Run: *2*- / 1w

3 (1) Ariana Grande – Breathin
                                          Chart Run: *1*-3- / 2w

4 (4) Within Temptation feat. Jacoby Shaddix – The Reckoning
                                          Chart Run: *1*-1-1-3-4-4- / 6w

5 (5) Ariana Grande – God Is A Woman *P*
                                          Chart Run: *1*-2-1-1-1-2-4-6-5-5-6-13-12-5-5- / 15w

6 (2) Halsey – Without Me
                                          Chart Run: *1*-2-6- / 3w

7 (3) Alan Walker & Sophia Somajo – Diamond Heart
                                          Chart Run: 5-*2*-3-7- / 4w

8 (NEW) Brandi Carlile feat. Sam Smith – Party Of One
                                          Chart Run: *8*- / 1w

9 (6) Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper – Shallow
                                          Chart Run: *2*-5-6-9- / 4w

10 (9) Kodaline – Brother
                                          Chart Run: 10-*8*-9-10- / 4w

11 (NEW) Rachel Platten – You Belong
                                          Chart Run: *11*- / 1w

12 (11) Ariana Grande – No Tears Left To Cry *2xP*
                                          Chart Run: *1*-1-4-9-5-3-4-9-12-8-9-5-2-3-6-8-10-1-3-2-2-4-7-18-17-11-12- / 27w

13 (7) Stefanie Heinzmann feat. Alle Farben – Build A House
                                          Chart Run: 17-*3*-4-7-13- / 5w

14 (RE) Amaranthe – Countdown
                                          Chart Run: *9*-27-Out-RE 14- / 3w

15 (8) DJ Snake feat. Selena Gomez, Cardi B & Ozuna – Taki Taki
                                          Chart Run: *4*-6-8-15- / 4w

16 (13) Michael Schulte – Never Let You Down
                                          Chart Run: 26-18-*13*-16- / 4w

17 (17) Nick Jonas & Robin Schulz – Right Now *G*
                                          Chart Run: 5-*3*-4-6-4-7-10-17-17- / 9w

18 (14) Rita Ora – Let You Love Me
                                          Chart Run: *3*-12-11-14-18- / 5w

19 (10) Lana Del Rey – Venice Bitch
                                          Chart Run: *2*-6-7-10-19- / 5w

20 (NEW) LP – Recovery
                                          Chart Run: *20*- / 1w

21 (15) Inna – No Help
                                          Chart Run: *1*-2-9-20-14-15-21- / 7w

22 (NEW) Ava Max – Sweet But Psycho
                                          Chart Run: *22*- / 1w

23 (12) Twenty One Pilots – Jumpsuit
                                          Chart Run: 10-*7*-10-15-20-39-Out-RE 9-12-23- / 9w

24 (NEW) Astrid S – Emotion
                                          Chart Run: *24*- / 1w

25 (18) Noah Cyrus & Gallant – Mad At You
                                          Chart Run: *3*-8-5-14-15-18-25- / 7w

26 (24) BTS feat. Nicki Minaj – Idol
                                          Chart Run: *2*-7-6-9-10-19-21-24-26- / 9w

27 (26) Benjamin Ingrosso – Behave
                                          Chart Run: *26*-27- / 2w

28 (22) Calvin Harris & Sam Smith – Promises
                                          Chart Run: 26-22-15-*12*-15-15-16-19-22-28- / 10w

29 (20) Mikolas Josef – Me Gusta
                                          Chart Run: *20*-29- / 2w

30 (RE) MØ – Nostalgia
                                          Chart Run: 37-Out-RE *30*- / 2w

31 (RE) Northward – While Love Died
                                          Chart Run: *5*-19-Out-RE 31- / 3w

32 (27) Troye Sivan – Bloom
                                          Chart Run: 39-Out-RE 10-*7*-11-16-22-25-27-32- / 9w

33 (37) Sotiria & Unheilig – Hallo Leben
                                          Chart Run: *14*-21-29-40-37-33- / 6w

34 (NEW) Paloma Faith – Loyal
                                          Chart Run: *34*- / 1w

35 (RE) Amaranthe – 365
                                          Chart Run: 3-*1*-4-9-22-36-Out-RE 35- / 7w

36 (NEW) Billie Eilish – When The Party’s Over
                                          Chart Run: *36*- / 1w

37 (21) Avril Lavigne – Head Above Water
                                          Chart Run: *8*-11-13-21-37- / 5w

38 (19) Anna Rossinelli – Hold Your Head Up
                                          Chart Run: *19*-38- / 2w

39 (23) Tori Kelly feat. Kirk Franklin – Never Alone
                                          Chart Run: 24-*23*-39- / 3w

40 (16) Little Mix feat. Nicki Minaj – Woman Like Me
                                          Chart Run: *16*-40- / 2w

Out of Top40
                                          Out (25) Jess Glynne – All I Am (2w)
                                          Out (28) Years & Years – All For You (4w)
                                          Out (29) Charli XCX & Troye Sivan – 1999 (2w)
                                          Out (30) Carrie Underwood – Love Wins (7w)
                                          Out (31) Cher – Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight) (9w)
                                          Out (32) Lindsey Stirling – First Light *P* (16w)
                                          Out (33) Sigrid – Sucker Punch (2w)
                                          Out (34) Alessia Cara – Trust My Lonely (2w)
                                          Out (35) Nicki Minaj – Ganja Burn (9w)
                                          Out (36) Jess Glynne – I’ll Be There (2w)
                                          Out (38) David Guetta feat. Anne-Marie – Don’t Leave Me Alone (6w)
                                          Out (39) Aurora – Queendom (3w)
                                          Out (40) Carrie Underwood feat. Ludacris – The Champion (9w)

New certifications
                                          none

?

Comment

Working...