My Charts - week 39 - Dark Passion Lover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Magnus
    Well, maybe it will. I will listen to the full album at least once in track order so that will probably be the first time since August that I hear it. Unless it's played on the radio in the supermarket, I actually heard "Think Before I Talk" there a few days ago! Great to see that song on your chart. Did "Breathe" reach the top 40? If not, why not?

Ouch, that's a quick drop for "...Ready for It"

I can't say I'm excited for any of those new albums, although I will most likely listen to the Shania one. I checked a few tracks on Demi's album but they had the opposite effect of making me want to hear the whole thing.
    Ah that's good to know, so there's some hope left that it may grow on you (even if the chances are probably really small...). "Think Before I Talk" is really cute, but as for "Breathe", i don't remember the song at all... i checked out a few songs by her already but not sure if that was one of them as well...

I'm completely over it now... maybe the album release effect will help there for me...

Aww that's kinda sad. You liked some of her earlier albums so i thought you may like this new one as well, as it's also quite good IMO. So i hope you will enjoy Shania's album

Comment

• Originally posted by phoenix98
      Ah, so the amount/frequency is actually perfect now, it's just the newness of it that's taking some getting used to? Congrats on finding someone who really makes you feel loved/wanted/sexy!

Ooh...you've got quite the nice mix going already! Hoppip is adorable - tricky to train with its only damaging attack being "Tackle" for quite a while, but the fact that it's fast and can learn all the Powder moves makes it really useful for spreading status effects. Ledyba's another cutie, but I haven't tried one on a team yet. Rattata is a great asset early-game, especially since it learns "Hyper Fang" at Lv. 13 Not interested in Mareep, though? That line is definitely one of my Gen II favorites! I'm attempting a Nuzlocke in Gold, which I'd never played before (I only had Silver and Crystal growing up.) I just got to Mahogany Town/Mahagonia City today (I'm planning to challenge Pryce/Norbert before Jasmine, since the levels make more sense that way, and I can just "Fly" back to Olivine City anytime.) Thankfully, I've "only" had two deaths so far (a Geodude and a Noctowl.) My current team = Dundee the Croconaw/Tyracroc, Vampirella the Golbat, Shorn the Flaaffy/Waaty, Charade the Sudowoodo/Mogelbaum, Tenebrous the Umbreon/Nachtara, and Noxious the Koffing/Smogon. (Side note: I've known Smogon the website for years, but just now realized that's Koffing's German name!)

I'm definitely enjoying the journey, but there are some annoying things about these games that I'd totally forgotten :x Like how there's a lot of Pokémon available in Johto that need stones to evolve, but you can't even get most of the stones until you're in Kanto! This generation removed a lot of good TMs, like "Ice Beam", "Thunderbolt", and "Rock Slide." Crystal fixed some of these issues, but it doesn't look like that's getting released anytime soon (if ever.) Sorry, that Pokémon tangent got really long really fast I'd love to hear an update if you've played more lately!
      Yes! And thanks <3

Hoppip turned out to be a nice surprise, even with just having Tackle at that early stage. As you say, it's quite fast and once it got one of the Powder moves it's actually really cool to play. Plus you have Tail Whip and Synthesis which makes it even better. I still remember that Ledyba was one of the first new ones that i fell in love with back in 2001/2002 and i had it in my very first team back then, so i thought it would be cute to play with it again. Yes, I totally forgot about Hyper Fang, such a strong move so early
      Oh Mareep uses to be one of my favorite ones as well and i already caught one, maybe i'll add it once Rattata evolves so i can switch them with each other.

Oh, you already did that with another game, did you?
      And wow, you're already so far, i didn't know you were already playing it that much, that's cool! So i'm still veeery far behind. I only got my third batch Your team sounds awesome, and wow at already having an Umbreon, that's really cool! Haha yeah that's his german name, and btw huge thanks for taking the time for writing the german names down as well, very helpful, because i'm still not used to english names at all and always have to google them <3

No need to say sorry there, i love to read about all that. As i said above, i'm not much further, but i'm leaving for vacation tomorrow morning, so there's a chance i'll play a lot more during the next week (because it will be beach vacation, so doing nothing at all and having the time to play games etc.)

Originally posted by phoenix98
      Many thanks for posting that! Some interesting stuff there, like how she her first No. 1 didn't come until The Storyteller era (when she earned two!), but her longest-lasting song missed the Top 10 completely!

Do any of the non-singles on Blown Away stand out for you? My favorites would definitely be "Do You Think About Me" and "Who Are You." After checking last.fm, it looks like I've actually played "Do You Think About Me" more than most of the singles (besides "Blown Away.")
      Yeah, her discography is quite interesting, and she only started to really blow up on my charts with her last album, so it will be exciting to see how her next era will do.

No And to be honest i don't remember them anymore, not even one of them

No judgment here! I'm just wondering how/when you plan to tell your man that your ultimate fantasy is inviting a woman to "love" herself in the same room (in the same bed even?) while you and him...well... ;)
      Sorry but i'm definitely only in the other team

Perhaps but I certainly don't mind some cheese! The "I would give it all, I would give it all, for you, all I ever was, everything I am, for you..." really fits that description! Wait...is this No. 1 because those are the exact words you feel for/want to say to your man?
      Me neither! I really love that line, but no, that's not the reason behind the song being #1.

Exciting! "Stand By You" was never certified, though? I had it in my head that it was a big hit here, but maybe that's just because it out-performed my beloved "Fight Song"...
      No, it wasn't... overall her singles did worse than they should have, as i liked them much more... and since i'm so into these discography screenshots, here's Rachel Platten's Discography (already with a little teaser as it's already up-to-date, so the charts i'll post in a few minutes is already included as well...)

Hmmm...I'd probably say the same about Gwen's album, but Fergie's still exceeded my expectations at least a bit (partially because of all the negativity I remember seeing in its Urban/R&B thread when it leaked) Like others have said, I think it would’ve helped if she’d released it sooner after “LA Love” (or after “MILF $” at the latest), and it might’ve been better to give it a different title and not associate it with the original Dutchess, since that comparison basically sets it up to disappoint people.
      Yes to the time of the release & its name. I'm actually surprised it doesn't do better, at least in the US, as her first solo album was so incredible huge. Even Gwen got an amazing start and sold 250k iirc which is very good for every female artist these days, so the long break can't be the reason behind Fergie's flop.

Noah out-shining all of her sister's recent releases! (Well, we'll see if this lasts as long as "Malibu", but it's off to a very strong start!) I haven't been paying much attention to her, since "Make Me (Cry)" didn't do a WHOLE lot for me...and on first listen, I don't think "Again" is going to change that.
      • Aw, no cert for "Broken Glass" quite yet, but hopefully it's right around the corner!
      • Looks like Sam owes your man BIG time...
      • I'd forgotten just how fast "Sorry Not Sorry" tumbled off your chart the first time! It's hard to believe that it's her highest-peaking Hot 100 hit EVER now. :-?
      • I was going to ask about your favorite Younger Now non-singles, and then I noticed your reply over in my thread As you saw, "Miss You So Much" has been the clear standout for me, largely thanks to those "when you look up at a rainbow, do you ever wonder..." pre-chorus parts. Sadly, "I Would Die For You" is a strong contender for my least-favorite so far (along with "She's Not Him.") Well...let's say "most skipped." Although they're kind of cute, Dolly's intro and outro on "Rainbowland" drag on for a bit too long, and I think I'd come back to that track more often if they weren't included I don't have high hopes for any other singles from the album, but "Thinkin'" is probably her best bet...

Yet another chart where the appeal is no mystery, Tansike!
      Yes, i really like "Again" at the moment, it's sooo good and by far Noah's best effort to date. That's a good question about the longevity, we'll see how it will do in the upcoming weeks. As for now i don't see it starting to fall fast out of a sudden, so i think a certification may be possible for it in the end. Awww... at least you checked it out

It is!

Ha, definitely! Not sure how long this effect will last though.

I know... i'm still not that much into it. I had a little hope left that the album release may make it growing on me, but it didn't really happen apart from the first week. Now i keep on starting with track number two when i listen to the album

Aww. I think i wrote down in your topic that "I Would Die For You" is one of my faves, so it's kinda sad to hear this is one of your least favorite songs of the album. My most skipped tracks are "Rainbowland" and "Inspired", so we have a different view of the songs there Yes for "Thinkin'", an obvious choice IMO. But overall the album is so much stronger than expected, i'm really happy about that!

Thanks a lot

Comment

• thanks so much for all comments

week 41/2017 – 12 october 2017 Christmas is starting early…

• Singles Top40

It’s an exciting time for former Nightwish singers, as not only Anette Olzon keeps on smashing with her new project The Dark Element, but also her predecessor Tarja is now having a new hit on her own. The finnish siren brings Christmas early to the charts, as she released the first single of her upcoming Christmas album “From Spirits And Ghosts (Score For A Dark Christmas)”, which will be released in the middle of November. It’s already her third Christmas album, following “Henkäys ikuisuudesta” (2006, not charted) and “Ave Maria – En plein air” (2015, #1, certified with Gold). However, the album won’t be a simple Christmas album, as it will be very dark and could fit to Halloween as well. Back to the single, which is called “O Come, O Come, Emmanuel”, and immediately debuts atop the singles charts following a surprising success and nearly 90 plays since its release on Friday. It’s already her 13th chart topper, out of 13 entries on the singles charts in total, making her the artist with the third most number one songs ever, only behind Lady GaGa with 15 and Kerli with 14, and now above Lana Del Rey and Miley Cyrus, who both got 12 number one hits on their own. From all these artists, Kerli and Tarja have a 100% ratio when it comes to scoring number one entries.

Anette Olzon and her project The Dark Element dips 1-2 with “My Sweet Mystery” after two weeks at number one. They also released a new song called “Here’s To You”, which also got a massive 96 plays since its release on Thursday evening, however the song is not a promo and also not an official single – they only decided to put it out as it got leaked, otherwise it would have been a very interesting battle for the top spot this week. Closing the Top3 is already a second new entry. Following the big success of “Broken Glass”, Rachel Platten just announced the release of her new album “Waves”, and also released the new track “Perfect For You” alongside that announcement, which becomes another Top3 hit for her at #3. And speaking about “Broken Glass”, while the song may be as low as never before so far (13-17), it gets certified with Gold this week, becoming her first certified single ever.

There are another four new entries and two re-entries in the Top40 this week. The third new entry also makes a big impression, as it’s new at #5, and it’s “Perfect” by Ed Sheeran. The track was chosen to be the fourth official single following “Shape Of You”, “Castle Of The Hill” and “Galway Girl”, and is his sixth charts appearance from “÷” overall, as he also got entries with the promo releases “How Would You Feel (Paean)” and “Bibia Be Ye Ye”. Linkin Park just misses out a Top10 debut with “One More Light”, the fourth entry for their album with the same name (#11). And as if all these new entries aren’t already enough, Charlie Puth also gets a pretty successful debut position for his newest release “How Long”, which enters the charts at #13 as the second single of his newly announced second album “Voicenotes”. The sixth and final debut goes to Jessie J, as the singer already released another single called “Not My Ex”, which only makes a moderate debut at #28, while the previous song “Think About That” tumbles down 18-38. The two re-entries are “I Help You Hate Me” by Sunrise Avenue (#20) and “Epona” by Eluveitie (#37).

The rest of the best: Noah Cyrus and XXXTENTACION’s “Again” keeps on being very successful, but falls 2-4. LP’s “No Witness” is down 3-6, followed by Shania Twain’s “Poor Me”, which gets a new peak by climbing 10-7. Arch Enemy’s “The Eagle Flies Alone” (5-8), Hailee Steinfeld & Co.’s “Let Me Go” (4-9) and Evanescence’ “Imperfection” (6-10) make the Top10 complete.

A few new entries in the Top10 obviously also means that there are a few songs which have to leave that part of the charts, and that are “71 Charger” by Loreen (7-12), “Merci quand même” by Marina Kaye (9-15) and “Find You” by Nick Jonas (8-16). Following the release of her new album a week ago, Miley Cyrus got two re-entries with her singles, and this time they still hang on really well, with “Malibu” just leaving the Top20 (19-21) and “Younger Now” even improving some spots (30-23). Other than that, there are a few big drops this week: “Life’s About To Get Good” by Shania Twain (17-25), “Ocean Away” by Loreen (16-27), “Underdog” by Banks (11-30), “Homemade Dynamite” by Lorde (24-35) and “Beautiful Ones” by Hurts (23-40) are all falling lots of places.

Miley Cyrus’ “Younger Now” is the biggest climber while Jessie J’s “Think About That” is the biggest loser this week.

1 (NEW) Tarja – O Come, O Come, Emmanuel
        Chart Run: *1*- / 1w

2 (1) The Dark Element (Anette Olzon & Jani Liimatainen) – My Sweet Mystery
        Chart Run: *1*-1-2- / 3w

3 (NEW) Rachel Platten – Perfect For You
        Chart Run: *3*- / 1w

4 (2) Noah Cyrus feat. XXXTENTACION – Again
        Chart Run: 3-*2*-4- / 3w

5 (NEW) Ed Sheeran – Perfect
        Chart Run: *5*- / 1w

6 (3) LP – No Witness
        Chart Run: *3*-6- / 2w

7 (10) Shania Twain – Poor Me
        Chart Run: 12-11-9-12-17-23-30-Out-RE 10-*7*- / 9w

8 (5) Arch Enemy – The Eagle Flies Alone
        Chart Run: 38-Out-RE 31-*1*-2-5-8- / 6w

9 (4) Hailee Steinfeld & Alesso feat. Florida Georgia Line & watt – Let Me Go
        Chart Run: 14-6-*4*-4-9- / 5w

10 (6) Evanescence – Imperfection
        Chart Run: 7-*5*-6-10- / 4w

11 (NEW) Linkin Park – One More Light
        Chart Run: *11*- / 1w

12 (7) Loreen – ’71 Charger
        Chart Run: *7*-12- / 2w

13 (NEW) Charlie Puth – How Long
        Chart Run: *13*- / 1w

14 (12) Demi Lovato – Tell Me You Love Me
        Chart Run: *10*-19-35-Out-RE 12-14- / 5w

15 (9) Marina Kaye – Merci quand même
        Chart Run: *6*-9-15- / 3w

16 (8) Nick Jonas – Find You
        Chart Run: 21-*7*-8-16- / 4w

17 (13) Rachel Platten – Broken Glass *G*
        Chart Run: 8-*3*-7-5-9-8-13-17- / 8w

18 (15) Sam Smith – Too Good At Goodbyes
        Chart Run: *9*-18-40-15-18- / 5w

19 (14) The Dark Element (Anette Olzon & Jani Liimatainen) – The Dark Element
        Chart Run: *1*-4-10-12-14-19- / 6w

20 (RE) Sunrise Avenue – I Help You Hate Me
        Chart Run: *11*-13-20-30-Out-RE 20- / 5w

21 (19) Miley Cyrus – Malibu *G*
        Chart Run: *2*-4-4-7-9-14-25-31-Out-RE 19-21- / 10w

22 (21) Kesha – Praying *P*
        Chart Run: *1*-4-2-3-3-1-6-8-13-15-20-23-21-22- / 14w

23 (30) Miley Cyrus – Younger Now
        Chart Run: *3*-9-16-21-30-Out-RE 30-23- / 7w

24 (20) Taylor Swift – Look What You Made Me Do
        Chart Run: *1*-2-6-11-13-20-24- / 7w

25 (17) Shania Twain – Life’s About To Get Good
        Chart Run: *13*-14-17-23-26-31-28-21-23-30-36-Out-RE 17-25- / 13w

26 (25) Zara Larsson – Only You *G*
        Chart Run: *2*-5-4-3-7-13-18-25-26- / 9w

27 (16) Loreen – Ocean Away
        Chart Run: 6-4-*2*-5-11-16-27- / 7w

28 (NEW) Jessie J – Not My Ex
        Chart Run: *28*- / 1w

29 (22) Macklemore feat. Kesha – Good Old Days
        Chart Run: *14*-22-29- / 3w

30 (11) Banks – Underdog
        Chart Run: *11*-30- / 2w

31 (35) Astrid S – Think Before I Talk
        Chart Run: 35-*31*- / 2w

32 (31) Clean Bandit feat. Zara Larsson – Symphony *P*
        Chart Run: *1*-1-1-1-5-10-22-37-Out-RE 18-16-11-12-11-12-16-23-26-31-32- / 19w

33 (29) Macklemore feat. Skylar Grey – Glorious
        Chart Run: 26-38-Out-RE *21*-29-33- / 5w

34 (27) Kygo feat. Justin Jesso – Stargazing
        Chart Run: *27*-34- / 2w

35 (24) Lorde – Homemade Dynamite
        Chart Run: *9*-11-12-15-24-35- / 6w

36 (33) Eluveitie – Lvgvs *G*
        Chart Run: *1*-4-8-1-2-5-10-16-25-33-36- / 11w

37 (RE) Eluveitie – Epona
        Chart Run: *2*-6-4-5-10-17-24-31-Out-RE 37- / 9w

38 (18) Jessie J – Think About That
        Chart Run: 15-*9*-18-38- / 4w

39 (32) Loreen & Elliphant – Jungle
        Chart Run: *10*-20-22-11-13-17-24-32-39- / 9w

40 (23) Hurts – Beautiful Ones
        Chart Run: 35-36-Out-RE *23*-40- / 4w

Out of Top40
        Out (26) First Aid Kit – It’s A Shame (1w)
        Out (28) Kelly Clarkson – Love So Soft (4w)
        Out (34) Demi Lovato – Sorry Not Sorry (5w)
        Out (36) Tori Amos – Up The Creek (4w)
        Out (37) Taylor Swift – …Ready For It? (5w)
        Out (38) Fergie feat. Nicki Minaj – You Already Know (2w)
        Out (39) Melanie Fiona – Remember U (2w)
        Out (40) Björk – The Gate (3w)

• Album Top20

After the busiest week ever on the album charts, it’s more back to normality this week, with three arrivals and only one of them was really anticipated, which is good for last weeks three highest arrivals, as they all remain the most successful albums for another week, just in a slightly different order. Miley Cyrus spends a second week atop the charts with “Younger Now”, followed by Shania Twain, who rises 3-2 with “Now” and switches positions with Demi Lovato, who dips 2-3 with “Tell Me You Love Me”.

The highest of the three new entries is “Heartbreak Century”, the newest album by finnish rock-pop group Sunrise Avenue. The band already collected a few hits over the past eleven years, and also already scored two entries on the album charts, with their “Fairytales – Best Of 2006 – 2014” being their biggest success with a #2 peak and a Gold certification. The newest work debuts at #4. A second debut makes the upper half, and that’s “Dark Matters”, by The Rasmus, who are – coincidentally – another finnish pop-rock band. Their album enters the charts at #8 as their first entry on the Album Top20. Arch Enemy’s “Will To Power” slips 4-5, followed by Kygo’s “Stargazing” EP (5-6) and Eluveitie’s “Evocation II: Pantheon” (10-7). Robin Schulz’ “Uncovered” (7-9) and Tori Amos’ “Native Invader” (9-10) make the Top10 complete.

As mentioned, there’s a third new entry, and while Christmas is beginning very soon and successful on the singles charts this week, it also begins on the album charts, but not successful at all. Gwen Stefani owns the first Christmas album entry of the year with her newly released “You Make It Feel Like Christmas”, however she disappoints with a weak #13 debut. That’s not only weak overall, but also compared to her last set “This Is What The Truth Feels Like”, which debuted at number one and stayed there for three weeks in early 2016.

“Desire” by Hurts (6-11) and “Gemini” by Macklemore (8-12) leave the Top10. Loreen celebrates her first certification in years as her “Nude” EP goes Gold this week (11-14). She’s followed by Lana Del Rey, who sees a push due to her ongoing survivor for “Lust For Life” (20-15). Last but not least, it has to be mentioned that “Double Dutchess” by Fergie already leaves the Album Top20 after a meager two weeks.

1 (1) Miley Cyrus – Younger Now
        Chart Run: *1*-1- / 2w

2 (3) Shania Twain – Now
        Chart Run: 3-*2*- / 2w

3 (2) Demi Lovato – Tell Me You Love Me
        Chart Run: *2*-3- / 2w

4 (NEW) Sunrise Avenue – Heartbreak Century
        Chart Run: *4*- / 1w

5 (4) Arch Enemy – Will To Power
        Chart Run: 2-*1*-1-4-5- / 5w

6 (5) Kygo – Stargazing EP
        Chart Run: *5*-6- / 2w

7 (10) Eluveitie – Evocation II: Pantheon *G*
        Chart Run: *1*-1-1-3-5-8-10-7- / 8w

8 (NEW) The Rasmus – Dark Matters
        Chart Run: *8*- / 1w

9 (7) Robin Schulz – Uncovered
        Chart Run: *7*-9- / 2w

10 (9) Tori Amos – Native Invader
        Chart Run: *1*-2-4-9-10- / 5w

11 (6) Hurts – Desire
        Chart Run: *6*-11- / 2w

12 (8) Macklemore – Gemini
        Chart Run: *2*-8-12- / 3w

13 (NEW) Gwen Stefani – You Make It Feel Like Christmas
        Chart Run: *13*- / 1w

14 (11) Loreen – Nude EP *G*
        Chart Run: *2*-2-4-6-7-11-14- / 7w

15 (20) Lana Del Rey – Lust For Life *G*
        Chart Run: *1*-1-2-3-4-7-9-10-13-16-20-15- / 12w

16 (15) Vanessa Mai – Regenbogen
        Chart Run: 7-7-11-15-13-*4*-9-15-16- / 9w

17 (18) Kesha – Rainbow *G*
        Chart Run: *1*-2-4-6-9-11-14-18-17- / 9w

18 (16) Halsey – hopeless fountain kingdom *P*
        Chart Run: *1*-1-2-1-1-1-1-2-2-3-4-3-5-7-8-9-11-16-18- / 19w

19 (13) Anastacia – Evolution
        Chart Run: *3*-6-13-19- / 4w

20 (17) Zara Larsson – So Good *P*
        Chart Run: 2-*1*-1-1-1-4-6-6-9-13-13-12-13-14-11-12-12-12-13-11-8-5-6-8-8-6-7-10-17-20- / 30w

Out of Top20
        Out (12) Fergie – Double Dutchess (2w)
        Out (14) Illenium – Awake (2w)
        Out (19) Lindsey Stirling – Brave Enough *3xP* (58w)

(sorry for eventual mistakes!)

Comment

• New certifications

GOLD
          Rachel Platten – Broken Glass [single]

Loreen – Nude EP [album]

(these certifications were already added to the charts above)

Click here for the Certification Database

Comment

• Well-deserved #1 for Tarja. That's her first single since "I Feel Immortal" which totally convinced me. It's pure perfection and when I saw the title of your thread, I was really glad that we agree on her latest single! - Since we both placed the track as your personal #1 this week, I can't wait to see her debut on the UKMIX Parade ;) - Brilliant #2 as well and I like the new entry by Ed.

I have never liked Linkin' Park but "How Long" by Charlie Puth is clearly another great track. I can't wait to hear his album. #13 as a debut is fine. I hope it will enter your Top 10, though. - Great to see your Swiss entrant of FSC re-enter your chart and oh well, the incredibly huge drop for "Beautiful Ones" is kinda shocking; especially since you said that you don't dislike their latest album.

Brilliant Top 3 when it comes to your album chart. (Still need to listen to "Now" more closely) and cute certification of Loreen's EP.
            Mainshow Goes Diva: Kylie Minogue

Comment

• Originally posted by Tansike
              "Think Before I Talk" is really cute, but as for "Breathe", i don't remember the song at all... i checked out a few songs by her already but not sure if that was one of them as well...
              viewtopic.php?f=8&t=122119

This is her big hit for me (and it was a decent actual hit in Norway), might even make the top 10 on my YEC.

(Comments about the current chart will come later.)
              Weekly Top 30 | 2020 YEC | 2018 YEC | 2017 YEC | 2016 YEC | 2015 YEC

Comment

• Great to see Shania climb! 'Poor Me' really is an outstanding return to form whilst sounding much more modern!
                ? i bloom just for you ?

Comment

• 1 (NEW) Tarja – O Come, O Come, Emmanuel
                  So artistic and even a tiny bit eerie.
                  Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• 7 (10) Shania Twain – Poor Me

a fantastic song.
                    My Chart

Comment

• Ah, this is the second chart I've visited in the last 10 minutes with a Top 5 placement for "Perfect". Ed Sheeran moves from strength to strength this new era, it seems.

The new Charlie Puth song is a bit meh, but it took a few plays for me to get into "Attention," so perhaps there's hope for "How Long," though I have my doubts.

Awesome that "Symphony" is still here after such a long while. Year-end countdown season is fast approaching, and I think we'll both have that one fairly high up on our lists.

4 (2) Noah Cyrus feat. XXXTENTACION – Again
                      6 (3) LP – No Witness
                      25 (17) Shania Twain – Life’s About To Get Good
                      33 (29) Macklemore feat. Skylar Grey – Glorious
                      35 (24) Lorde – Homemade Dynamite
                      40 (23) Hurts – Beautiful Ones
                      Akini's Top 100 Albums of All-Time: [#55]
                      Akini's Favourite Films: [25-21]
                      Your Billboard Top Ten: #1 As It Was [6 weeks]
                      AlbumClash 2.0: [Beyoncé vs. Ari Lennox vs. Rina Sawayama]

Yeah, they smile to your face and Prop-8 you in the back.

Comment

Hoppip turned out to be a nice surprise, even with just having Tackle at that early stage. As you say, it's quite fast and once it got one of the Powder moves it's actually really cool to play. Plus you have Tail Whip and Synthesis which makes it even better. I still remember that Ledyba was one of the first new ones that i fell in love with back in 2001/2002 and i had it in my very first team back then, so i thought it would be cute to play with it again. Yes, I totally forgot about Hyper Fang, such a strong move so early Oh Mareep uses to be one of my favorite ones as well and i already caught one, maybe i'll add it once Rattata evolves so i can switch them with each other.

Oh, you already did that with another game, did you? And wow, you're already so far, i didn't know you were already playing it that much, that's cool! So i'm still veeery far behind. I only got my third batch Your team sounds awesome, and wow at already having an Umbreon, that's really cool! Haha yeah that's his german name, and btw huge thanks for taking the time for writing the german names down as well, very helpful, because i'm still not used to english names at all and always have to google them <3

No need to say sorry there, i love to read about all that. As i said above, i'm not much further, but i'm leaving for vacation tomorrow morning, so there's a chance i'll play a lot more during the next week (because it will be beach vacation, so doing nothing at all and having the time to play games etc.)
                        Ah, so there's lots of nostalgia around Ledyba/Ledian for you? All the more reason to include it in this playthrough! Are you planning to re-create the entire team from your original Gen II experience, or Ledya just happens to overlap? I've always liked Ledian's design, and I've hoped to come across it in some of my previous Nuzlockes, but never had the luck. I guess it doesn't help that it isn't available in many of the main series games (or only in the post-game.) Its stats also make it a bit trickier to use (especially back when both Bug and Flying were strictly physical.) Mareep >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Rattata, so hopefully you make that switch soon It's especially useful in Gen II, since it can make good use of the "Thunderpunch" and "Fire Punch" TMs available in Goldenrod/Dukatia City (once it evolves, which is pretty early anyway.)

Ha, yeah, I've been moving along faster than I usually progress through Pokémon games. It helps that the levels stay pretty low throughout Johto (even the Champion maxes out at Lv. 50) - almost TOO low at times - so there isn't much need to grind to stay on-par with the Gym Leaders. Speaking of: I just beat Clair/Sandra, so I'm off to the Pokémon League now! My team = Dundee the Feraligatr/Impergator, Vampirella the Crobat/Iksbat, Shorn the Ampharos, Charade the Sudowoodo/Mogelbaum, Tenebrous the Umbreon/Nachtara, and Maelstrom the Seadra/Seemon. I started keeping Pucker the Jynx/Rossana in rotation, but I don't think I'll use her against the Elite Four (partially because she doesn't learn any Psychic-type moves by level-up) :x No worries about the German names! It's actually pretty fun to look them up and see how they compare!

Hope you're having/had an awesome time on that beach vacation! I'd love to hear all about it once you're back (I took a quick peek at your Facebook, and despite this being a "beach vacation", there didn't seem to be a single shirtless pic in sight...)

Originally posted by Tansike
                        No And to be honest i don't remember them anymore, not even one of them
                        Ouch.

It's a good thing you still gave Storyteller a chance, despite most of Blown Away being totally forgettable!

Sorry but i'm definitely only in the other team
                        And we're lucky to have you! #mvp #starcatcher

No, it wasn't... overall her singles did worse than they should have, as i liked them much more... and since i'm so into these discography screenshots, here's Rachel Platten's Discography (already with a little teaser as it's already up-to-date, so the charts i'll post in a few minutes is already included as well...)
                        OH! So "Stand By You" lasted exactly as long as "Fight Song", despite peaking MUCH higher! Very interesting indeed...

Also, I'm glad you're into making/taking those screenshots, because they're definitely helpful for your followers! Win-win.

3 (NEW) Rachel Platten – Perfect For You
                        26 (25) Zara Larsson – Only You *G*
                        31 (35) Astrid S – Think Before I Talk
                        • At first, I thought your thread title was referring to Sia Tarja's powerful operatic voice is really well-suited to classic/traditional Christmas songs like this one!
                        • YES! MEGA-thrilled to see you're loving "Perfect For You" too I honestly hadn't made the connection to Charlie's "Attention" until Jake mentioned it in my thread, and if it were a case of full-on plagiarism, that would certainly affect my impression of the song (and Rachel)...but these two tracks are still so different in many ways (and I definitely prefer "Perfect For You" overall. ) PFY has so much to offer beyond the similar-sounding production at times (including a ton of super-catchy bits, like the "but I don't wanna wait, (you do...)", but I think my absolute favorite is the way she sings the "making me feel I'm not enough when I aAaAam..." part) <3 I mean, PFY instantly out-peaked "Attention" on both of our charts (by quite a significant margin on yours!), and it's not like either of us has anything against Charlie (as far as I know), so these songs clearly aren't exactly interchangeable.
                        • Strong start for "Perfect"! Is that thanks to the lyric video? I'm sure we've talked about this before, but it's a bit of a bummer that he's gone with SUCH a safe/predictable single selection (though I guess that's basically been the theme of this whole era.) I do like the song, and I'm sure it'll be another smash for him (though "Shape Of You" is STILL Top 10 on Radio Songs, which is BEYOND absurd. Now I kind of understand better why they didn't bother with "Galway Girl" here in the US, since SoY was bound to overshadow whatever came right after it...)
                        • This is nitpicky, and I feel pretty silly that it bothers me at all, but I'm a little distracted by how Charlie plays the role of the unfaithful asshole in "How Long" He doesn't even seem terribly apologetic about it More like "it only happened once, and you're the one I really love...so just get over it already." The song's totally catchy, though (I love that unexpected pullback at the end of the chorus), so I'd still love to see it replicate (or even surpass) the success of "Attention" around the globe.

Yet another divine chart, Tansike!
                        last.fmPaulboard Top 30

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainshow
                          Well-deserved #1 for Tarja. That's her first single since "I Feel Immortal" which totally convinced me. It's pure perfection and when I saw the title of your thread, I was really glad that we agree on her latest single! - Since we both placed the track as your personal #1 this week, I can't wait to see her debut on the UKMIX Parade ;) - Brilliant #2 as well and I like the new entry by Ed.

I have never liked Linkin' Park but "How Long" by Charlie Puth is clearly another great track. I can't wait to hear his album. #13 as a debut is fine. I hope it will enter your Top 10, though. - Great to see your Swiss entrant of FSC re-enter your chart and oh well, the incredibly huge drop for "Beautiful Ones" is kinda shocking; especially since you said that you don't dislike their latest album.

Brilliant Top 3 when it comes to your album chart. (Still need to listen to "Now" more closely) and cute certification of Loreen's EP.
                          Not surprised to see you liking my current #1 I'm very glad she kinda got you back with "O Come, O Come, Emmanuel" and i hope you will love the album as well this time. Maybe this is the start of you being a fan of her again

Not sure about Top10 for Charlie's "How Long". It's a good tune for sure, however it's nothing that i would play all the time. He'll be fine in his second week but not sure how well he will hold on after that. Maybe once the album comes out next year or if the song really blows up (= more airplay) he could get a new peak on my charts. Also nice you like Eluveitie's re-entry, and as for Hurts, it's a solid album, but still nothing that makes a huge impression on me. But that was always the case with their stuff for me, their faaar from being an artist i'm looking forward to new releases...

Glad you like all these... Shania's album is so much better than expected

Originally posted by Magnus
                          "Think Before I Talk" is really cute, but as for "Breathe", i don't remember the song at all... i checked out a few songs by her already but not sure if that was one of them as well...
                          viewtopic.php?f=8&t=122119" target="_blank

This is her big hit for me (and it was a decent actual hit in Norway), might even make the top 10 on my YEC.

(Comments about the current chart will come later.)
                          Oh I think your charts was even the reason why i checked it out some time ago...

But "Think Before I Talk" is definitely my favorite song from her so far

Originally posted by bluecherry
                          Great to see Shania climb! 'Poor Me' really is an outstanding return to form whilst sounding much more modern!
                          Yes, completely agree, and i'm very happy you like her climb!

Comment

• Originally posted by heppolo
                            So artistic and even a tiny bit eerie.
                            Definitely!

Originally posted by stevyy

a fantastic song.
                            It really is, a shame it's not a commercial success for her

Originally posted by JSparksFan
                            Ah, this is the second chart I've visited in the last 10 minutes with a Top 5 placement for "Perfect". Ed Sheeran moves from strength to strength this new era, it seems.

The new Charlie Puth song is a bit meh, but it took a few plays for me to get into "Attention," so perhaps there's hope for "How Long," though I have my doubts.

Awesome that "Symphony" is still here after such a long while. Year-end countdown season is fast approaching, and I think we'll both have that one fairly high up on our lists.

He really does. I'm actually surprised how well this track has started to do on its own in the past few weeks. Somehow i think it's a too safe choice for the next single, however it's still a great track and i'm happy that it seems to become another big hit for him.

Then i hope it grows on you It also took me ages to get more into "Attention", and it's still far from being one of his best ones for me, so i'm actually slightly surprised by how much i like "How Long".

Definitely! I still love the song and i'm seeing Zara very soon so i think it may even climb back up the charts over the next few weeks. One of the rare cases where the whole package seems right (Song, Video, Artist...)

Comment

• Originally posted by phoenix98
                              Ah, so there's lots of nostalgia around Ledyba/Ledian for you? All the more reason to include it in this playthrough! Are you planning to re-create the entire team from your original Gen II experience, or Ledya just happens to overlap? I've always liked Ledian's design, and I've hoped to come across it in some of my previous Nuzlockes, but never had the luck. I guess it doesn't help that it isn't available in many of the main series games (or only in the post-game.) Its stats also make it a bit trickier to use (especially back when both Bug and Flying were strictly physical.) Mareep >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Rattata, so hopefully you make that switch soon It's especially useful in Gen II, since it can make good use of the "Thunderpunch" and "Fire Punch" TMs available in Goldenrod/Dukatia City (once it evolves, which is pretty early anyway.)

Ha, yeah, I've been moving along faster than I usually progress through Pokémon games. It helps that the levels stay pretty low throughout Johto (even the Champion maxes out at Lv. 50) - almost TOO low at times - so there isn't much need to grind to stay on-par with the Gym Leaders. Speaking of: I just beat Clair/Sandra, so I'm off to the Pokémon League now! My team = Dundee the Feraligatr/Impergator, Vampirella the Crobat/Iksbat, Shorn the Ampharos, Charade the Sudowoodo/Mogelbaum, Tenebrous the Umbreon/Nachtara, and Maelstrom the Seadra/Seemon. I started keeping Pucker the Jynx/Rossana in rotation, but I don't think I'll use her against the Elite Four (partially because she doesn't learn any Psychic-type moves by level-up) :x No worries about the German names! It's actually pretty fun to look them up and see how they compare!

Hope you're having/had an awesome time on that beach vacation! I'd love to hear all about it once you're back (I took a quick peek at your Facebook, and despite this being a "beach vacation", there didn't seem to be a single shirtless pic in sight...)
                              Yes. Well to be fair, there's a lot of nostalgia around everything of Silver to me, but Ledian is definitely a Pokémon i wanted to have in my team for so long and this time it seems like the perfect timing. Let's see how long it will remain in my team, it's still not sure which ones will remain there forever and which ones won't (except Rattata). I don't remember the rest of my original team unfortunately, so i can't re-create that, and i'm just adding the ones i like the most or am the most interested to try out this time. Ah yeah, Ledian's stats aren't that good, and its moves are another problem... I didn't play as much as expected so Rattata still isn't evolved, and Mareep still isn't in my team, but this should happen very soon.

Wow, congrats! I only got my fourth batch lately, so still a looong way ahead of me. I really love your team! Also LOVE the name Vampirella Glad you don't mind looking the german names up <3

Thanks, yeah, it was awesome and now i'm back again There's not much to tell as we didn't do much though Basically enjoying the time with each other. Haha, i tried to take a good pic but there was none worth a post

Ouch.

It's a good thing you still gave Storyteller a chance, despite most of Blown Away being totally forgettable!
                              Well i really enjoyed "Blown Away" back when it got released, and it was still a great success on the album charts, so it's not like i didn't like it back then. It's just that i never ever listened to the album again (except "Blown Away" and "See You Again") for years now, and so it happened that i forgot all other songs...

And we're lucky to have you! #mvp #starcatcher

OH! So "Stand By You" lasted exactly as long as "Fight Song", despite peaking MUCH higher! Very interesting indeed...

Also, I'm glad you're into making/taking those screenshots, because they're definitely helpful for your followers! Win-win.
                              Yes, "Stand By You" left the charts really fast, actually way faster than deserved. I also think it should have went Gold after all.

• At first, I thought your thread title was referring to Sia Tarja's powerful operatic voice is really well-suited to classic/traditional Christmas songs like this one!
                              • YES! MEGA-thrilled to see you're loving "Perfect For You" too I honestly hadn't made the connection to Charlie's "Attention" until Jake mentioned it in my thread, and if it were a case of full-on plagiarism, that would certainly affect my impression of the song (and Rachel)...but these two tracks are still so different in many ways (and I definitely prefer "Perfect For You" overall. ) PFY has so much to offer beyond the similar-sounding production at times (including a ton of super-catchy bits, like the "but I don't wanna wait, (you do...)", but I think my absolute favorite is the way she sings the "making me feel I'm not enough when I aAaAam..." part) <3 I mean, PFY instantly out-peaked "Attention" on both of our charts (by quite a significant margin on yours!), and it's not like either of us has anything against Charlie (as far as I know), so these songs clearly aren't exactly interchangeable.
                              • Strong start for "Perfect"! Is that thanks to the lyric video? I'm sure we've talked about this before, but it's a bit of a bummer that he's gone with SUCH a safe/predictable single selection (though I guess that's basically been the theme of this whole era.) I do like the song, and I'm sure it'll be another smash for him (though "Shape Of You" is STILL Top 10 on Radio Songs, which is BEYOND absurd. Now I kind of understand better why they didn't bother with "Galway Girl" here in the US, since SoY was bound to overshadow whatever came right after it...)
                              • This is nitpicky, and I feel pretty silly that it bothers me at all, but I'm a little distracted by how Charlie plays the role of the unfaithful asshole in "How Long" He doesn't even seem terribly apologetic about it More like "it only happened once, and you're the one I really love...so just get over it already." The song's totally catchy, though (I love that unexpected pullback at the end of the chorus), so I'd still love to see it replicate (or even surpass) the success of "Attention" around the globe.

Yet another divine chart, Tansike!
                              Ah no, Sia's release is yet to come... will definitely be interesting to see how her work will sound like since it will be original songs, and not the same covers as with most other christmas releases...
                              Very glad you enjoy Tarja's track, and yeah, her voice really fits to this music

<3 This is another big thing from Rachel, and now i'm really, really looking forward to "Waves". She's like another Carly Rae Jepsen to me at this point, making amazing pop music yet has no success and is way too underrated. For me it also sounded like Charlie Puth's new single "How Long", which was weird as both songs came out on the same day and i even listened to them back to back, and i was surprised to hear the same beat twice
                              Anyways, as you say, yes, i also have nothing against Charlie, however i like Rachel's two songs a lot more than Charlie's two songs and for me it's unfair that someone like Charlie has so much success while Rachel hasn't

No. I had it on my 'possible new entries' list for a very long time and since it started to really blow up on the charts i thought last week it's finally due for an entry. Yes, we already talked about that and i still think that way, however it's also still a great song so there's much worse.

Well yeah, lyrically it's not Charlie's best effort, however i agree with you that the song is still a good one

Thanks a lot

Comment

• I still haven't checked out everything I probably should check out, but at least I've listened to the top 3 now and they're all perfectly listenable! I'll probably save the #1 for when it's closer to Christmas though, and Rachel's song is still far from her best for me. "My Sweet Mystery" is growing on me as I type this though so that one will probably enter my chart next week!

Also good to see Marina Kaye – Merci quand même and of course "Think Before I Talk"!
                                Weekly Top 30 | 2020 YEC | 2018 YEC | 2017 YEC | 2016 YEC | 2015 YEC

Comment

• ^ thanks for checking out the latest Top3, really appreciate that! And i'm so positively surprised to hear you like them all, because you're probably the only user on here to do so What i really like about Tarja's song is that while it's a Christmas song, it's also one of the rare ones which can be heard when it's not Christmas time. Really pleased to hear this about "My Sweet Mystery"

Not surprised you like Marina and Astrid S - i already saw Marina debuting on your charts lately. Her album is coming out tomorrow, i'm so excited

Comment

• thanks so much for all comments

week 42/2017 – 19 october 2017 a Beautiful Trauma

• Singles Top40

Following a few exciting weeks, last week was very quiet when it comes to new entries, and so it happens that there are only two new arrivals in the whole Singles Top40 this week, plus also two re-entries. And despite having only these few new and re-entries, one of them was surprisingly strong, however not strong enough to push Tarja away from the top spot, who now collects a second week for her Christmas single “O Come, O Come, Emmanuel”. Her biggest competitor was Marina Kaye, who arrives at #2 with her newest release “Something”, from her upcoming second album “Explicit”, which will be released tomorrow. The track is already her third release of that album, following “On My Own” (#5 peak, certified with Gold) and “Merci quand meme” (15-11 this week).

While the first new entry is nearly atop the charts, the second new one is nearly at the bottom, as former One Direction member Louis Tomlinson debuts at #39 with “Just Like You”. The two re-entries are also far apart from each other, with one of them making a comeback inside the Top10, while the other one is coming back at the bottom of the charts. The higher one is “What About Us” by P!nk, which benefits a lot from the album release and re-enters the charts at #8. The other one is “Bodak Yellow”, which makes its comeback at #37 for Cardi B.

The rest of the best: “My Sweet Mystery” by The Dark Element (2-3), “Perfect For You” by Rachel Platten (3-4), “Perfect” by Ed Sheeran (5-5) and “Again” by Noah Cyrus (4-6) are all still going on very strong. So does “Poor Me” by Shania Twain, which remains at its #7 peak for another week and even becomes Shania’s first certified release ever by going Gold this week. It’s now by far the highest charting track with a certification in the Top40 this week, which is pretty impressive since the song is still at its peak position. Demi Lovato gets a new peak for her promo single “Tell Me You Love Me” which improves 14-9 while LP’s “No Witness” makes the Top10 complete (6-10).

Arch Enemy’s “The Eagle Flies Alone” (8-15), Hailee Steinfeld’s “Let Me Go” (9-16) and Evanescence’ “Imperfection” (10-19) all leave the Top10 with a quite big drop following some good weeks inside them. Meanwhile, some older hits are slowly climbing back up the charts again, such as Kesha’s “Praying” (22-17) and Miley Cyrus’ “Malibu” (21-18). The latter is also climbing with the single “Younger Now” (23-22). Zara Larsson’s “Only You” was also a big success already, and climbs back up 26-23 this week again following the release of the new version featuring German music legend Nena. One place below is yet another pop girl from Scandinavia, as Norwegian singer Astrid S reaches a new peak with “Think Before I Talk” (31-24).

Sunrise Avenue’s “I Help You Hate Me” rises 20-12 as the biggest climber while Linkin Park’s “One More Light” drops 11-28 as the biggest loser this week.

1 (1) Tarja – O Come, O Come, Emmanuel

2 (NEW) Marina Kaye – Something
                                    Chart Run: *2*- / 1w

3 (2) The Dark Element (Anette Olzon & Jani Liimatainen) – My Sweet Mystery
                                    Chart Run: *1*-1-2-3- / 4w

4 (3) Rachel Platten – Perfect For You
                                    Chart Run: *3*-4- / 2w

5 (5) Ed Sheeran – Perfect
                                    Chart Run: *5*-5- / 2w

6 (4) Noah Cyrus feat. XXXTENTACION – Again
                                    Chart Run: 3-*2*-4-6- / 4w

7 (7) Shania Twain – Poor Me *G*
                                    Chart Run: 12-11-9-12-17-23-30-Out-RE 10-*7*-7- / 10w

8 (RE) P!nk – What About Us
                                    Chart Run: *5*-10-16-21-24-25-28-Out-RE 8- / 8w

9 (14) Demi Lovato – Tell Me You Love Me
                                    Chart Run: 10-19-35-Out-RE 12-14-*9*- / 6w

10 (6) LP – No Witness
                                    Chart Run: *3*-6-10- / 3w

11 (15) Marina Kaye – Merci quand même
                                    Chart Run: *6*-9-15-11- / 4w

12 (20) Sunrise Avenue – I Help You Hate Me
                                    Chart Run: *11*-13-20-30-Out-RE 20-12- / 6w

13 (19) The Dark Element (Anette Olzon & Jani Liimatainen) – The Dark Element
                                    Chart Run: *1*-4-10-12-14-19-13- / 7w

14 (13) Charlie Puth – How Long
                                    Chart Run: *13*-14- / 2w

15 (8) Arch Enemy – The Eagle Flies Alone
                                    Chart Run: 38-Out-RE 31-*1*-2-5-8-15- / 7w

16 (9) Hailee Steinfeld & Alesso feat. Florida Georgia Line & watt – Let Me Go
                                    Chart Run: 14-6-*4*-4-9-16- / 6w

17 (22) Kesha – Praying *P*
                                    Chart Run: *1*-4-2-3-3-1-6-8-13-15-20-23-21-22-17- / 15w

18 (21) Miley Cyrus – Malibu *G*
                                    Chart Run: *2*-4-4-7-9-14-25-31-Out-RE 19-21-18- / 11w

19 (10) Evanescence – Imperfection
                                    Chart Run: 7-*5*-6-10-19- / 5w

20 (12) Loreen – ’71 Charger
                                    Chart Run: *7*-12-20- / 3w

21 (18) Sam Smith – Too Good At Goodbyes
                                    Chart Run: *9*-18-40-15-18-21- / 6w

22 (23) Miley Cyrus – Younger Now
                                    Chart Run: *3*-9-16-21-30-Out-RE 30-23-22- / 8w

23 (26) Zara Larsson – Only You *G*
                                    Chart Run: *2*-5-4-3-7-13-18-25-26-23- / 10w

24 (31) Astrid S – Think Before I Talk
                                    Chart Run: 35-31-*24*- / 3w

25 (17) Rachel Platten – Broken Glass *G*
                                    Chart Run: 8-*3*-7-5-9-8-13-17-25- / 9w

26 (16) Nick Jonas – Find You
                                    Chart Run: 21-*7*-8-16-26- / 5w

27 (24) Taylor Swift – Look What You Made Me Do
                                    Chart Run: *1*-2-6-11-13-20-24-27- / 8w

28 (11) Linkin Park – One More Light
                                    Chart Run: *11*-28- / 2w

29 (32) Clean Bandit feat. Zara Larsson – Symphony *P*
                                    Chart Run: *1*-1-1-1-5-10-22-37-Out-RE 18-16-11-12-11-12-16-23-26-31-32-29- / 20w

30 (27) Loreen – Ocean Away
                                    Chart Run: 6-4-*2*-5-11-16-27-30- / 8w

31 (29) Macklemore feat. Kesha – Good Old Days
                                    Chart Run: *14*-22-29-31- / 4w

32 (37) Eluveitie – Epona
                                    Chart Run: *2*-6-4-5-10-17-24-31-Out-RE 37-32- / 10w

33 (36) Eluveitie – Lvgvs *G*
                                    Chart Run: *1*-4-8-1-2-5-10-16-25-33-36-33- / 12w

34 (25) Shania Twain – Life’s About To Get Good
                                    Chart Run: *13*-14-17-23-26-31-28-21-23-30-36-Out-RE 17-25-34- / 14w

35 (35) Lorde – Homemade Dynamite
                                    Chart Run: *9*-11-12-15-24-35-35- / 7w

36 (33) Macklemore feat. Skylar Grey – Glorious
                                    Chart Run: 26-38-Out-RE *21*-29-33-36- / 6w

37 (RE) Cardi B – Bodak Yellow
                                    Chart Run: *2*-7-14-19-28-Out-RE 37- / 6w

38 (34) Kygo feat. Justin Jesso – Stargazing
                                    Chart Run: *27*-34-38- / 3w

39 (NEW) Louis Tomlinson – Just Like You
                                    Chart Run: *39*- / 1w

40 (39) Loreen & Elliphant – Jungle
                                    Chart Run: *10*-20-22-11-13-17-24-32-39-40- / 10w

Out of Top40
                                    Out (28) Jessie J – Not My Ex (1w)
                                    Out (30) Banks – Underdog (2w)
                                    Out (38) Jessie J – Think About That (4w)
                                    Out (40) Hurts – Beautiful Ones (4w)

• Album Top20

Miley Cyrus spends a third week at number one with her latest release “Younger Now”, making her the seventh artist to do so this year. Her biggest competition came from one of two new arrivals, and that’s “Beautiful Trauma”, the first album in over four years by P!nk. The singer may be a huge force when it comes to album sales worldwide, however she has yet to score a big album on my charts, as her only entry so far was “The Truth About Love”, which debuted and peaked at a moderate #8 in the first week of 2013. Her new set arrives at a much better #2. She’s followed by Shania Twain’s “Now” (2-3), Demi Lovato’s “Tell Me You Love Me” (3-4) and Sunrise Avenue’s “Heartbreak Century” (4-5), which all dip one spot each.

The second new entry belongs to Australian singer Lenka, who gets her very first notation on the album charts with her fifth album “Attune” at #7. Eluveitie’s “Evocation II: Pantheon” rises 7-6. Arch Enemy’s “Will To Power” goes down 5-8 but gets certified with Gold, the bands first certification ever. Kygo’s “Stargazing” EP drops 6-9 while Lana Del Rey returns to the Top10 with “Lust For Life” (15-10).

The Rasmus’ “Dark Matters” (8-11) and Tori Amos’ “Native Invader” (10-12) both leave the Top10. Meanwhile, it’s probably shocking to see Gwen Stefani’s “You Make It Feel Like Christmas” already leaving the charts after just one week. Last but not least, following the success of her new single “O Come, O Come, Emmanuel”, Tarja’s last studio album “The Shadow Self” re-enters the charts at #13. The album was the most successful album of 2016.

1 (1) Miley Cyrus – Younger Now
                                    Chart Run: *1*-1-1- / 3w

2 (NEW) P!nk – Beautiful Trauma

3 (2) Shania Twain – Now
                                    Chart Run: 3-*2*-3- / 3w

4 (3) Demi Lovato – Tell Me You Love Me
                                    Chart Run: *2*-3-4- / 3w

5 (4) Sunrise Avenue – Heartbreak Century
                                    Chart Run: *4*-5- / 2w

6 (7) Eluveitie – Evocation II: Pantheon *G*
                                    Chart Run: *1*-1-1-3-5-8-10-7-6- / 9w

7 (NEW) Lenka – Attune
                                    Chart Run: *7*- / 1w

8 (5) Arch Enemy – Will To Power *G*
                                    Chart Run: 2-*1*-1-4-5-8- / 6w

9 (6) Kygo – Stargazing EP
                                    Chart Run: *5*-6-9- / 3w

10 (15) Lana Del Rey – Lust For Life *G*
                                    Chart Run: *1*-1-2-3-4-7-9-10-13-16-20-15-10- / 13w

11 (8) The Rasmus – Dark Matters
                                    Chart Run: *8*-11- / 2w

12 (10) Tori Amos – Native Invader
                                    Chart Run: *1*-2-4-9-10-12- / 6w

13 (RE) Tarja – The Shadow Self *P*
                                    Chart Run: *1*-1-1-2-3-3-4-1-1-4-3-2-4-7-8-4-7-7-11-9-13-16-17-15-14-20-18-17-Out-RE 16-18-Out-RE 13- / 31w

14 (14) Loreen – Nude EP *G*
                                    Chart Run: *2*-2-4-6-7-11-14-14- / 8w

15 (17) Kesha – Rainbow *G*
                                    Chart Run: *1*-2-4-6-9-11-14-18-17-15- / 10w

16 (18) Halsey – hopeless fountain kingdom *P*
                                    Chart Run: *1*-1-2-1-1-1-1-2-2-3-4-3-5-7-8-9-11-16-18-16- / 20w

17 (20) Zara Larsson – So Good *P*
                                    Chart Run: 2-*1*-1-1-1-4-6-6-9-13-13-12-13-14-11-12-12-12-13-11-8-5-6-8-8-6-7-10-17-20-17- / 31w

18 (9) Robin Schulz – Uncovered
                                    Chart Run: *7*-9-18- / 3w

19 (12) Macklemore – Gemini
                                    Chart Run: *2*-8-12-19- / 4w

20 (11) Hurts – Desire
                                    Chart Run: *6*-11-20- / 3w

Out of Top20
                                    Out (13) Gwen Stefani – You Make It Feel Like Christmas (1w)
                                    Out (16) Vanessa Mai – Regenbogen (9w)
                                    Out (19) Anastacia – Evolution (4w)

(sorry for eventual mistakes!)

Comment

• New certifications

GOLD
                                      Shania Twain – Poor Me [single]

Arch Enemy – Will To Power [album]

(these certifications were already added to the charts above)

Click here for the Certification Database

Comment

• I am so happy we made Tarja go Top 10 last week and it's amazing that her track is still #1 on your chart! I can't wait to get to know her new single "O Tannenbaum" (I am still afraid of getting a cheesy version of it, though).

I have never heard of Marina Kaye, so I checked it out (thanks for providing links) and I loved it. What a voice! Where did she come from all of a sudden? - Any chance she will represent a country in Eurovision? She clearly has everything to win the whole competition.

I am glad that Ed Sheeran and Shania Twain are stable this week and that "The Dark Element" (which I consider to be their best song to date) rises!

I am already very tired of "'71 Charger". I am so glad Loreen is about to release a new single next week (hopefully it will be a huge improvement this time!) - Du hast meinen Segen das Lied rauszuwerfen
                                        Mainshow Goes Diva: Kylie Minogue

Comment

• ^ I really didn't expect someone like Tarja to make the UKMixParade Top10, but i'm so happy she did it, and she did it again this week <3
                                          I'm also excited for "O Tannenbaum" and judging from "O Come, O Come, Emmanuel", i don't think it will be cheesy.

Never?! I'm sure you already heard "Homeless", which was a huge hit in Belgium & France and a moderate one in Switzerland, plus it was part of a FSC in middle 2015. She's from France and she would be a perfect choice for the ESC, that's true. Very happy you enjoy "Something", she just released her second album on friday which is really good

Glad you like these... as for "The Dark Element", it's still my least favorite song of the four we got so far, but still a very good one obviously.

Haha... this may happen sooner than expected... I think it's actually one of her weakest songs ever...

Comment

• 2 (NEW) P!nk – Beautiful Trauma

3 (2) Shania Twain – Now

Excellent top 3 entries. BT also entered my chart at #2. It's an unlucky debut, but the album offers so much that I expect to see it rising in the future.
                                            My Chart

Comment

Yes. Well to be fair, there's a lot of nostalgia around everything of Silver to me, but Ledian is definitely a Pokémon i wanted to have in my team for so long and this time it seems like the perfect timing. Let's see how long it will remain in my team, it's still not sure which ones will remain there forever and which ones won't (except Rattata). I don't remember the rest of my original team unfortunately, so i can't re-create that, and i'm just adding the ones i like the most or am the most interested to try out this time. Ah yeah, Ledian's stats aren't that good, and its moves are another problem... I didn't play as much as expected so Rattata still isn't evolved, and Mareep still isn't in my team, but this should happen very soon.

Wow, congrats! I only got my fourth batch lately, so still a looong way ahead of me. I really love your team! Also LOVE the name Vampirella Glad you don't mind looking the german names up <3

Thanks, yeah, it was awesome and now i'm back again There's not much to tell as we didn't do much though Basically enjoying the time with each other. Haha, i tried to take a good pic but there was none worth a post
                                              I can't remember my original Silver team either I just recall re-starting it at least a couple times to try out the different starters. I do remember my Crystal team, though, since I made a point of using all three starters at once (to make it like Yellow had been): Meganium/Meganie, Typhlosion/Tornupto, Feraligatr/Impergator, Espeon/Psiana, Scizor/Scherox, and Donphan (I never used nicknames back then, probably because Ash never did I didn't start nicknaming anything until I started trying out Nuzlockes a couple years ago.) Ha, yeah, regarding Ledian's moves: I forgot just how sparse a lot of Pokémon's learnsets were in Gen II (still nearly as bad as Gen I, which isn't helped by the fact that Gen II removed some of the best Gen I TMs...)

Thanks I just beat Lance/Siegfried yesterday in my current Gold Nuzlocke, and thankfully no one on my team died against him or the Elite Four, so now I'm in Vermilion/Orania City with the same roster. They're a bit over-levelled for most of the Kanto Gym Leaders now, but I know there's a pretty big level jump for Blue/Blau and then a MUCH bigger one for Red/Rot...

Ah, so the trip was basically just nonstop...? ;) A perfect getaway indeed! I did have my hopes set on a shirtless cig-smoking-selfie or two, though. **sigh**

Well i really enjoyed "Blown Away" back when it got released, and it was still a great success on the album charts, so it's not like i didn't like it back then. It's just that i never ever listened to the album again (except "Blown Away" and "See You Again") for years now, and so it happened that i forgot all other songs...
                                              Yeah, that's totally fair - especially considering how many new albums you check out each week! Stuff is bound to fade over time, but that doesn't mean you didn't love it (and wouldn't still enjoy it if you revisited it now.)

Yes, "Stand By You" left the charts really fast, actually way faster than deserved. I also think it should have went Gold after all.
                                              Maybe Waves hype could help it re-enter...?

Ah no, Sia's release is yet to come... will definitely be interesting to see how her work will sound like since it will be original songs, and not the same covers as with most other christmas releases...
                                              Ooh...I had no idea! I don't follow Sia too closely ("Cheap Thrills" is her only Paulboard smash as the lead act, and then "Move Your Body" had a decent-ish run) but that's QUITE interesting - and ambitious! That makes me a bit more inclined to give some of it a try, too...

<3 This is another big thing from Rachel, and now i'm really, really looking forward to "Waves". She's like another Carly Rae Jepsen to me at this point, making amazing pop music yet has no success and is way too underrated. For me it also sounded like Charlie Puth's new single "How Long", which was weird as both songs came out on the same day and i even listened to them back to back, and i was surprised to hear the same beat twice
                                              Anyways, as you say, yes, i also have nothing against Charlie, however i like Rachel's two songs a lot more than Charlie's two songs and for me it's unfair that someone like Charlie has so much success while Rachel hasn't
                                              So true (and so tragic!)

2 (NEW) Marina Kaye – Something
                                              3 (2) The Dark Element (Anette Olzon & Jani Liimatainen) – My Sweet Mystery
                                              4 (3) Rachel Platten – Perfect For You
                                              5 (5) Ed Sheeran – Perfect
                                              8 (RE) P!nk – What About Us
                                              9 (14) Demi Lovato – Tell Me You Love Me
                                              10 (6) LP – No Witness
                                              14 (13) Charlie Puth – How Long
                                              16 (9) Hailee Steinfeld & Alesso feat. Florida Georgia Line & watt – Let Me Go
                                              17 (22) Kesha – Praying *P*
                                              18 (21) Miley Cyrus – Malibu *G*
                                              21 (18) Sam Smith – Too Good At Goodbyes
                                              22 (23) Miley Cyrus – Younger Now
                                              23 (26) Zara Larsson – Only You *G*
                                              24 (31) Astrid S – Think Before I Talk
                                              25 (17) Rachel Platten – Broken Glass *G*
                                              26 (16) Nick Jonas – Find You
                                              27 (24) Taylor Swift – Look What You Made Me Do
                                              29 (32) Clean Bandit feat. Zara Larsson – Symphony *P*
                                              37 (RE) Cardi B – Bodak Yellow
                                              39 (NEW) Louis Tomlinson – Just Like You
                                              • At first, I wasn't having much of a reaction as I listened through "Something" for the first time...but that chorus really grabs you, especially the way she sings "I just wanna feel sooommmeethiiiiiiiiiing." It's really beautiful, but also so sad, haunting. Aren't you basically in love right now? Should I be concerned that this somber song about desperately wanting to feel something/anything is resonating with you so much...?
                                              • Excellent re-entry for "What About Us." I'm sure we've talked about your chart rules before, but would the promo singles only have appeared if they REALLY impressed you - otherwise they'll have to wait for official single status? "Revenge" REALLY isn't faring well around here, so I'm especially curious to hear your thoughts on that one...
                                              • Speaking of P!nk and Beautiful Trauma, I'm really surprised and impressed that Miley managed to hold her off on your albums chart! You'd mentioned that you've been enjoying Younger Now quite a bit, and this victory really reaffirms that!

Yet another blessed chart, Tansike!
                                              last.fmPaulboard Top 30

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy
                                                2 (NEW) P!nk – Beautiful Trauma

3 (2) Shania Twain – Now

Excellent top 3 entries. BT also entered my chart at #2. It's an unlucky debut, but the album offers so much that I expect to see it rising in the future.
                                                With all the upcoming releases i'm really looking forward to, i think 2017 will be too busy for P!nk to reach a new peak on my charts, but i agree, it's a really strong album and already my favorite one from her So very happy to hear you like it that much as well

I can't remember my original Silver team either I just recall re-starting it at least a couple times to try out the different starters. I do remember my Crystal team, though, since I made a point of using all three starters at once (to make it like Yellow had been): Meganium/Meganie, Typhlosion/Tornupto, Feraligatr/Impergator, Espeon/Psiana, Scizor/Scherox, and Donphan (I never used nicknames back then, probably because Ash never did I didn't start nicknaming anything until I started trying out Nuzlockes a couple years ago.) Ha, yeah, regarding Ledian's moves: I forgot just how sparse a lot of Pokémon's learnsets were in Gen II (still nearly as bad as Gen I, which isn't helped by the fact that Gen II removed some of the best Gen I TMs...)

Thanks I just beat Lance/Siegfried yesterday in my current Gold Nuzlocke, and thankfully no one on my team died against him or the Elite Four, so now I'm in Vermilion/Orania City with the same roster. They're a bit over-levelled for most of the Kanto Gym Leaders now, but I know there's a pretty big level jump for Blue/Blau and then a MUCH bigger one for Red/Rot...

Ah, so the trip was basically just nonstop...? ;) A perfect getaway indeed! I did have my hopes set on a shirtless cig-smoking-selfie or two, though. **sigh**
                                                I still remember that I took Chikorita, and in 90% cases of doing Silver (or even SoulSilver) I always took it so… though what I didn’t mention so far, it took me like over 30 minutes until I got the starter this time around as I wanted a female Chikorita and started over and over again until I got one It’s just one of those Pokémon which doesn’t make sense at all as male, at least to me.
                                                Wow, this team sounds incredible! I always liked Donphan back then but somehow it never ended up in my Team. Also always wanted to try out Scizor though I never had someone to let it evolve
                                                True to the moves. But just like Mareep, Ledian can at least learn one of the Punch TMs from Goldenrod City which is helping a lot.

Speaking about Mareep, since Rattata evolved in the meantime, I switched it up with Mareep, which already evolved as well. I just arrived in Olivine City and am battling in the Glitter Lighthouse right now.

Wow, congrats on becoming the new Champ! Wow at none of your Pokémon having died in the whole Elite Four That’s very impressive! Good luck for the Kanto Gym Leaders

I just leave it open in the room… (i hope one says that in english too, haha)
                                                Well I made a few pics but as I said there was nothing post-worthy. Plus my body is nothing special, so there would have been nothing really outstanding to look at

Yeah, that's totally fair - especially considering how many new albums you check out each week! Stuff is bound to fade over time, but that doesn't mean you didn't love it (and wouldn't still enjoy it if you revisited it now.)
                                                Maybe I should re-listen to it one day. I usually have some time around Christmas to listen to ‘forgotten’ albums or albums I always wanted to check out, so this may be a good thing to do then. But yeah, sometimes it just happen that one forgets some songs or even albums, but that doesn’t mean their weak or not good. Though one doesn’t forget really good one, no?

Maybe Waves hype could help it re-enter...?
                                                Very unlikely. The boost through “Waves” must be huge, and if something old gets a boost, then it would be “Wildfire” on the album charts. Old(er) singles usually don’t get a boost through new albums, only through concerts. Also, next week will be a busy one on the singles charts with new releases by Eluveitie, Lindsey Stirling, Selena Gomez and Tarja (all have scored #1s in 2017), plus other album releases could bring some songs to the singles charts as well, such as Kelly Clarkson and two artists from Switzerland…

Ooh...I had no idea! I don't follow Sia too closely ("Cheap Thrills" is her only Paulboard smash as the lead act, and then "Move Your Body" had a decent-ish run) but that's QUITE interesting - and ambitious! That makes me a bit more inclined to give some of it a try, too...
                                                Yep, I’m quite excited about that one, though two of my favorite artists are releasing Christmas stuff as well and they most likely will perform better than how Sia will do on my charts (and one of these two will debut tomorrow…)

• At first, I wasn't having much of a reaction as I listened through "Something" for the first time...but that chorus really grabs you, especially the way she sings "I just wanna feel sooommmeethiiiiiiiiiing." It's really beautiful, but also so sad, haunting. Aren't you basically in love right now? Should I be concerned that this somber song about desperately wanting to feel something/anything is resonating with you so much...?
                                                • Excellent re-entry for "What About Us." I'm sure we've talked about your chart rules before, but would the promo singles only have appeared if they REALLY impressed you - otherwise they'll have to wait for official single status? "Revenge" REALLY isn't faring well around here, so I'm especially curious to hear your thoughts on that one...
                                                • Speaking of P!nk and Beautiful Trauma, I'm really surprised and impressed that Miley managed to hold her off on your albums chart! You'd mentioned that you've been enjoying Younger Now quite a bit, and this victory really reaffirms that!

Yet another blessed chart, Tansike!
                                                I’m very happy to hear you enjoy “Something”. It’s such a beautiful track, and Marina has a fantastic run on my charts so far, having scored seven entries and all of them made the Top10, with four of them being certified. Were you already familiar with her, or is “Something” the first song you heard?
                                                Anyways, yes, I am in love right now, however there are still parts of the song I can relate too. It’s actually shocking how one line perfectly fits to me lately, but that’s all I can say now…

I think I once mentioned on your charts that I didn’t check out the other songs prior the album release, which is why none of the promo singles entered my charts. Now I also feel like it’s too late to let them onto my charts… sometimes it’s really weird when it comes to promo singles. Sometimes they are clear entries, sometimes they never make it… this time it’s the latter. So yes, it’s often that they really need to impress me to enter the Singles Top40. As for “Revenge”, it’s one of the weaker songs on “Beautiful Trauma” for me. I hope they pick a different second single – “Where We Go” would be my most favorite pick, as it’s already in my personal P!nk Top3.

Miley’s album is such a nice surprise! The singles (especially “Malibu”) grew on me so much again, plus I love “I Would Die For You”, “Thinkin’”, “Bad Mood” and “Love Someone”, while I also think “Week Without You”, “Miss You So Much” and “She’s Not Him” are also very strong. So it’s definitely one of the better mainstream releases of 2017 for me

Thanks a lot

Comment

• 1 (1) Tarja – O Come, O Come, Emmanuel
                                                  No other song in your chart can top this Tarja track (which is fair)
                                                  Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• Originally posted by heppolo
                                                    No other song in your chart can top this Tarja track (which is fair)
                                                    Which is why it was #1 very glad you like it that much (or you dislike all others that much )

Comment

Working...
                                                    X