My Charts - week 39 - Dark Passion Lover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tansike View Post
    Yeah and it's not a strategy that I like. Or releasing half motivated re-releases like Marina (And The Diamonds) did. Second week drop surely plays a role but I simply think they sometimes wait so long for a new album to be released + already printed them physically but by the time it finally comes out, they already have a few more new songs ready that would fit on that album so they put it right out, because these days, who seems to care when you can stream everything anyways and just add random tracks to an album if you'd like to?

Have you heard of Jax Jones? Not 100% sure how exactly it went down but he basically released an EP with five songs first, then a few weeks/months later he released a new single and added it to the tracklist, and continued doing so with a few more songs until the EP basically ended up as an album with a much larger tracklist & ended up charting 129 weeks on the UK charts. And I think Becky Hill did the same too...
    Yes! You're really onto something there: how in the streaming area, some artists basically treat "albums" like "playlists" and just keep casually adding songs over time (since that doesn't cost anything, like printing new vinyls, CDs, etc would). Jax Jones is a great example!

Originally posted by Tansike View Post
    Same Though I somehow can't imagine that the "masses" really likes the music that's in the charts...
    Ha, I think you're onto something there too: the idea that music consumption is a much more passive thing for the majority of people (they just put on a radio station/streaming playlist and let it keep playing in the background without having strong opinions about most of it). I've seen it mentioned that the key to radio success (and I imagine playlists too) is being "the most agreeable" - listeners might not passionately LOVE every song they're hearing, but what really matters is that they don't HATE it enough to turn it off/change the station. It just has to be agreeable enough.

Even with her recent concert I tried to remember what I really liked on her debut and New Rules is like the clear standout, and even then Be The One is probably second but with a big gap, I don't really like it *that* much. It wasn't bad, but also not really that outstanding in my ears So it's even nicer how she truly clicked with me on Future Nostalgia! I still remember she came out around the same time like Zara Larsson and while everyone stanned Dua, I was stanning Zara so much and listening to So Good / Dua Lipa I *knew* Zara was the one staying on top of everywhere... and I was so wrong
    Ha, Zara was lucky to have you in her corner! She definitely deserved more and seemed mis-managed in ways Dua hasn't been. The rollout for Future Nostalgia was pretty flawless, whereas poor Poster Girl took way too long and had a much messier singles strategy (like trying to make "WOW" happen again with Sabrina Carpenter).

Aw ... looks like I'm the only one who really loves Carolina? Anyways glad you still enjoy it being at #1 just because it's Taylor!
    You don't hear similarities between Carolina and Evermore?
    Kind of, but "Carolina" feels even darker, more dour. Evermore definitely has some sad, slow songs, but "Carolina" feels extra....brooding? That "darkness" does fit your tastes better than mine, though.

Beyoncé's music somehow never really clicked that much with me. She has scored three Top10 hits with Beautiful Liar (with Shakira, #9 in 2007), Halo (#2 in 2009) and Telephone (#1 for five weeks in 2010). Then in 2014, she got four more chart entries with XO (#11), Drunk In Love (#29), Partition (#28) and 7/11 (#33), with Break My Soul being her 8th entry now. Looking back, she's definitely been too underrated. I guess she did much better with you?
    So Bey's tallies on your chart might not be that impressive, but there's some great selections in there (especially that 5-week domination for "Telephone") She's only had two No. 1's on my chart (as the lead artist), but a lot more Top 10's (27, if I counted right).

Night Call survivor isn't having much of an effect for me... maybe I'm just too biased but I think so far the only survivor effects came from my own survivors
    Ha, so vain Honest, though.
    • I'm not very familiar with Elley (her only appearances on my chart have been as the guest on Zedd's "Happy Now" and Gryffin's "Tie Me Down"), but I checked out "Middle Of The Night" when it was having its random revival on official charts late last year/earlier this year, and I like "Pieces" even better than that one
    • How did Billie's concert compare to the others you've seen? So "NDA" is her biggest hit to date on your chart (not the highest-peaking, but strongest overall performance)?
    • "Jump" is fun, great throwback/nostalgic vibes (same for its video)
    • RIP Rina, though

Yet another chart that has me thrilled to pieces, Tancel!
    last.fmPaulboard Top 30

Comment

• Originally posted by heppolo View Post

Surprisingly it is my #1 for now
      Oh wow, that's amazing! Good for them! The song still needs to grow more on me

Comment

• Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
        Looks like the Billie Eilish concert was a big hit for you. I had the opportunity to see her...and stayed home.

"Jump" is pretty decent. Doubt it'll have much staying power with me (or the GP) but it's a cute bop. Really enjoying this top 10 run for "She Don't Know".

2 (1) Taylor Swift – Carolina
        5 (RE) Billie Eilish – NDA *G*
        7 (RE) Billie Eilish – Bad Guy
        9 (3) Carrie Underwood – She Don’t Know
        12 (RE) Billie Eilish – Happier Than Ever
        14 (NEW) Ciara feat. Coast Contra – Jump
        15 (11) Grimes – Shinigami Eyes *P*
        23 (22) Chanel – SloMo *G*
        Yep, it was a lot of fun. Maybe not as amazing as I was hoping for, but still fun. Ah, but I thought you liked her too? Not the biggest concert goer?

Agreed about Jump - I really dig it for now and it's always nice to have Ciara back. Glad you're enjoying Carrie's success!

Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
        I'm gonna ask the obvious question: HOW???
        Folklore -> Evermore -> Fearless TV -> Red TV was such a brilliant streak within a year and a half, so having no "new" album since last year feels weird and honestly, she's grown to become one of my most favorite artists these days. I keep returning to her stuff or think about her, that's why she's charting with three albums again.

Comment

• Originally posted by flopho View Post
          That Aurora track is pretty interesting, both sonically and lyrically. I like Cure For Me and Everything Matters so it's definitely time for me to check out the whole album.

#1 is pretty catchy!

Haven't heard Brooke's song until now and I enjoy it, hope she won't be forgotten after the undeserved ESC NQ.
          Ah yes, you really need to check out the album, it's awesome IMO! though her two newest singles are not on there, she moved on so quickly

Glad you enjoy the #1! Seems a bit underrated, I thought it may be a small hit at least now that she scored such a surprising hit with Middle Of The Night... hopefully it won't take another two years again for this to smash

Ah, nice you checked it out and yep, it's a great follow-up! Also YES!!!! She should've qualified!

Comment

• Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
            So I had to see what was going on with Billie in here - what caused her revival? NDA is indeed one of my favorite tracks on the album as well oas Oxytocin (actually, I think Oxytocin might be my favorite track on the album.)

Alan Walker has released so much in the past year - I didn't realize he had that Walkerverse EP out. He's been a really consistent DJ for me.

Carolina got some courtesy interest from me, but it just didn't grab me like her Evermore/ Folklore albums.

I do like the dark pop of your #1 song
            I went to her concert Ah, glad to hear I'm not alone with NDA, it seems to be kinda underrated by the GP but also by fans. And yes, Oxytocin is also my favorite song on Happier Than Ever, such a wasted hit

Yep, he's slowly becoming another David Guetta with releasing new songs ever other week, but honestly, I don't mind it as Alan Walker keeps releasing some good stuff over time.

Interesting how most Taylor fans on UKMix don't like Carolina that much, but IMO it's her best single in a long time

Thanks for checking that one out - definitely a great Pop tune that deserves more success!

Comment

• Originally posted by crystalphoenix View Post
              Yes! You're really onto something there: how in the streaming area, some artists basically treat "albums" like "playlists" and just keep casually adding songs over time (since that doesn't cost anything, like printing new vinyls, CDs, etc would). Jax Jones is a great example!

Ha, I think you're onto something there too: the idea that music consumption is a much more passive thing for the majority of people (they just put on a radio station/streaming playlist and let it keep playing in the background without having strong opinions about most of it). I've seen it mentioned that the key to radio success (and I imagine playlists too) is being "the most agreeable" - listeners might not passionately LOVE every song they're hearing, but what really matters is that they don't HATE it enough to turn it off/change the station. It just has to be agreeable enough.
              Putting these two replies together because both together perfectly sum up the music business of nowadays and truth be told, I don't think I'm too happy about that. But maybe it's also just me (or "us") getting older, because I remember how my parents or people that are older than me in general always said stuff like "back in the days music has been way better" etc. and now it's basically the same that I think about today's music scene  

Something that I do appreciate though is how some artists still think a lot about their releases & put some extra work into it. While I'm not the biggest fan of their music, I really do love BTS for that example, because they release so huge boxset with pictures, calendars, shirts and all that stuff, so fans getting a "real" piece of their favorite artist, and even nicer, they can build somewhat of a connection to these albums. 

I know R&B is huge in the US (like Drake), but over here, the charts has been full of actual "gangster rap" for a few years and I just don't get beyond what these so called "artists" are creating, putting out and how "most people" seem to listen to that kind of stuff, including some problematic lyrics. 

Originally posted by crystalphoenix View Post
              Ha, Zara was lucky to have you in her corner! She definitely deserved more and seemed mis-managed in ways Dua hasn't been. The rollout for Future Nostalgia was pretty flawless, whereas poor Poster Girl took way too long and had a much messier singles strategy (like trying to make "WOW" happen again with Sabrina Carpenter).
              Zara was just super unlucky to have her record label picking Ain't Your Fault as her new lead single, while Dua came back with Don't Start Now. I still hope Zara can bounce back somehow, she still is responsible for two of my all time favorite hits (Symphony and Never Forget You) <3

Kind of, but "Carolina" feels even darker, more dour. Evermore definitely has some sad, slow songs, but "Carolina" feels extra....brooding? That "darkness" does fit your tastes better than mine, though.
              Makes sense... guess yeah, I'm a bit drawn to a darker sound. Carolina also sounds very Lana Del Rey during her debut era, which is still one of my favorite eras ever.

So Bey's tallies on your chart might not be that impressive, but there's some great selections in there (especially that 5-week domination for "Telephone") She's only had two No. 1's on my chart (as the lead artist), but a lot more Top 10's (27, if I counted right).
              I love that shoutout for Telephone <3 Still the perfect Pop song!! Woah, that's a lot of Top10 entries on your chart!! I didn't know she was that successful with you! So you must be super excited for her upcoming album What were her #1s, and what's her biggest hit overall for you?

Ha, so vain Honest, though.
              I just love running survivors for my faves and that excitement alone puts these albums back on my radar, plus I want to be *really* up to date when I host a survivor, while I'm just trying to vote for / save my faves on other survivors

• I'm not very familiar with Elley (her only appearances on my chart have been as the guest on Zedd's "Happy Now" and Gryffin's "Tie Me Down"), but I checked out "Middle Of The Night" when it was having its random revival on official charts late last year/earlier this year, and I like "Pieces" even better than that one
              • How did Billie's concert compare to the others you've seen? So "NDA" is her biggest hit to date on your chart (not the highest-peaking, but strongest overall performance)?
              • "Jump" is fun, great throwback/nostalgic vibes (same for its video)
              • RIP Rina, though

Yet another chart that has me thrilled to pieces, Tancel!
              Glad you enjoy Pieces & checked it out! I think it's a great Pop tune and I hope it won't take it two years as well to become a hit Middle Of The Night's sudden revival was so random but I loved it, because the song already peaked in the Top3 of my personal chart in early 2020 <3

Honestly kinda middle of the road. She was fun but the best part were her fans - the whole arena knew all the words, danced like crazy and it was a great atmosphere. But she wasn't always singing live and while I do love the albums, having a whole concert with a samey sound wasn't too exciting. Yes, NDA is (by far) her biggest hit, while Bad Guy (#1), No Time To Die (#2) and Happier Than Ever (#2) all peaked higher Going by overall performances, NDA would be followed by You Should See Me In A Crown (#7 peak but Gold) and No Time To Die (her third and last Gold certified song). 

Yes, loving Jump at the moment, glad she's back <3

I know But album's coming soon and I'm super excited!

Thank you so much

Comment

My Charts - week 28/2022 – 15 july 2022 - the Legend Goes On And On

Singles Top40

Spoiler!

1 (NEW) Lindsey Stirling feat. Amy Lee – Love Goes On And On
                Chart Run: *1*- / 1w

2 (1) Elley Duhé – Pieces
                Chart Run: 11-2-*1*-2- / 4w

3 (NEW) Bella Poarch – Dolls
                Chart Run: *3*- / 1w

4 (NEW) Ellie Goulding feat. Big Sean – Easy Lover
                Chart Run: *4*- / 1w

5 (2) Taylor Swift – Carolina
                Chart Run: *1*-1-2-5- / 4w

6 (4) Tiësto & Charli XCX – Hot In It
                Chart Run: 5-*4*-6- / 3w

7 (NEW) Allen/Olzon – Army Of Dreamers
                Chart Run: *7*- / 1w

8 (11) Meghan Trainor feat. Teddy Swims – Bad For Me
                Chart Run: 22-17-11-*8*- / 4w

9 (14) Ciara feat. Coast Contra – Jump
                Chart Run: 14-*9*- / 2w

10 (10) Mabel feat. Lil Tecca – Let Love Go
                Chart Run: *7*-10-10- / 3w

11 (8) Calum Scott – If You Ever Change Your Mind
                Chart Run: 32-Out-RE 18-13-*4*-8-11- / 6w

12 (NEW) Calvin Harris, Justin Timberlake, Halsey & Pharrell Williams – Stay With Me
                Chart Run: *12*- / 1w

13 (3) Within Temptation – Don’t Pray For Me
                Chart Run: *3*-13- / 2w

14 (5) Billie Eilish – NDA *P*
                Chart Run: 11-5-5-*3*-4-6-7-8-12-20-25-26-39-Out-RE 5-14- / 15w

15 (NEW) Barbara Pravi – 365
                Chart Run: *15*- / 1w

16 (NEW) Lizzo – About Damn Time
                Chart Run: *16*- / 1w

17 (9) Carrie Underwood – She Don’t Know
                Chart Run: *1*-2-3-9-17- / 5w

18 (6) La Grande Dame – Action
                Chart Run: 13-*6*-18- / 3w

19 (7) Billie Eilish – Bad Guy
                Chart Run: *1*-3-9-10-15-24-33-Out-RE 7-19- / 9w

20 (15) Grimes – Shinigami Eyes *P*
                Chart Run: *1*-1-1-1-1-3-3-7-9-6-6-9-12-14-20-Out-RE 5-1-1-6-7-11-15-20- / 23w

21 (26) Mabel & 24kGoldn – Overthinking
                Chart Run: 14-5-*3*-8-15-21-26-21- / 8w

22 (13) Anna Bergendahl – Demons And Dreams
                Chart Run: *6*-13-22- / 3w

23 (18) Eye Of Melian feat. Leah – Light
                Chart Run: *5*-12-10-19-18-23- / 6w

24 (19) WRS & Andromache – If You Were Alone
                Chart Run: *19*-24- / 2w

25 (31) Meghan Trainor feat. Mike Sabath – Wave *P*
                Chart Run: *1*-1-3-6-11-15-8-7-14-9-11-14-15-13-18-23-29-31-14-32-Out-RE 31-25- / 22w

26 (24) Imagine Dragons – Sharks
                Chart Run: 21-*15*-24-26- / 4w

27 (30) Faun feat. Eluveitie – Gwydion *G*
                Chart Run: *1*-1-1-1-2-7-14-12-23-21-22-31-34-30-27- / 15w

28 (21) Eye Of Melian – Everstrong
                Chart Run: 6-*5*-9-24-Out-RE 18-20-21-28- / 8w

29 (12) Billie Eilish – Happier Than Ever
                Chart Run: *2*-6-13-20-33-34-34-Out-RE 12-29- / 9w

30 (17) Supremme de Luxe feat. Marina, Estrella Xtravaganza, Sharonne & Venedita Von Däsh – Llévame Al Cielo
                Chart Run: *6*-9-17-30- / 4w

31 (23) Chanel – SloMo *G*
                Chart Run: 32-32-Out-RE 33-Out-RE 14-5-*1*-2-3-4-7-16-22-23-31- / 14w

32 (28) Alice Merton – Same Team
                Chart Run: 32-39-Out-RE *16*-25-23-28-32- / 7w

33 (NEW) Dennis Lloyd – Breakdown
                Chart Run: *33*- / 1w

34 (16) Eye Of Melian – The Bell *G*
                Chart Run: *1*-1-4-8-23-15-22-29-32-35-35-30-Out-RE 5-8-16-34- / 16w

35 (22) Noah Cyrus – Ready To Go
                Chart Run: *12*-14-22-35- / 4w

36 (36) Tim Bendzko – Das Leben wieder lieben
                Chart Run: *36*-36- / 2w

37 (RE) Mabel – Let Them Know
                Chart Run: 26-19-12-5-*4*-7-16-21-30-31-35-Out-RE 37- / 12w

38 (27) Eye Of Melian – Vita Nova *G*
                Chart Run: *3*-10-10-12-16-20-22-30-39-Out-RE 26-30-27-38- / 13w

39 (20) The Cast of RuPaul’s Drag Race All Stars, Season 7 – 2getha 4eva (The Other Girls)
                Chart Run: 5-*3*-10-20-39- / 5w

40 (NEW) Sabrina Carpenter – Because I Liked A Boy
                Chart Run: *40*- / 1w

Out of Top40
                Out (25) Aurora – The Devil Is Human (1w)
                Out (29) The Cast of RuPaul’s Drag Race All Stars, Season 7 – Titanic (MSTR) (4w)
                Out (32) Inna – Magical Love (4w)
                Out (33) Brooke – Tongues (6w)
                Out (34) Jamie-Lee – Oh Oh (5w)
                Out (35) Willow Pill feat. Kornbread Jeté – Angle (5w)
                Out (37) Dove Cameron – Breakfast (3w)
                Out (38) Eye Of Melian feat. Troy Donockley – Doorway Of Night (6w)
                Out (39) Alan Walker & Au/Ra – Somebody Like U (4w)
                Out (40) S10 & BLØF – Laat Me Los (1w)

New certifications
                NDA by Billie Eilish goes PLATINUM (400+ points)
                Vita Nova by Eye Of Melian goes GOLD (250+ points)

Click here for the Certification Database

Comment

Album Top20

Spoiler!

1 (1) Eye Of Melian – Legends Of Light
                  Chart Run: *1*-1-1-1- / 4w

2 (NEW) Mabel – About Last Night…
                  Chart Run: *2*- / 1w

3 (NEW) Lizzo – Special

4 (2) Billie Eilish – Happier Than Ever *P*
                  Chart Run: *1*-1-1-2-8-8-14-10-7-9-9-14-18-Out-RE 13-2-4- / 16w

5 (NEW) Sabrina Carpenter – Emails I Can’t Send
                  Chart Run: *5*- / 1w

6 (3) Taylor Swift – Red (Taylor’s Version) *P*
                  Chart Run: *1*-1-2-1-2-3-1-5-10-14-11-8-12-16-19-Out-RE 18-5-5-3-6- / 20w

7 (6) Calum Scott – Bridges
                  Chart Run: 6-10-*4*-6-7- / 5w

8 (5) Carrie Underwood – Denim & Rhinestones *G*
                  Chart Run: *1*-1-2-2-5-8- / 6w

9 (NEW) J-Hope – Jack In The Box
                  Chart Run: *9*- / 1w

10 (7) Taylor Swift – Evermore *P*
                  Chart Run: 2-*1*-1-2-2-2-2-4-6-9-11-15-14-20-15-16-17-16-19-17-Out-RE 16-9-12-Out-RE 15-12-14-16-11-12-10-16-20-14-15-18-Out-RE 12-9-7-10- / 39w

11 (8) Tia Kofi – Part 2: The Antidote EP
                  Chart Run: *3*-8-11- / 3w

12 (13) Imagine Dragons – Mercury - Act 2
                  Chart Run: *6*-13-12- / 3w

13 (RE) Lindsey Stirling – Artemis *P*
                  Chart Run: *1*-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-2-3-3-3-2-2-1-1-2-2-3-4-5-6-5-3-4-3-5-10-9-7-8-10-7-4-9-13-12-15-13-15-15-10-7-8-11-14-13-10-5-3-2-5-7-11-7-12-11-16-18-Out-RE 18-7-10-13-20-17-14-18-18-Out-RE 13- / 70w

14 (NEW) Christina Perri – A Lighter Shade Of Blue
                  Chart Run: *14*- / 1w

15 (10) Faun – Pagan *G*
                  Chart Run: *1*-1-2-2-4-3-7-10-10-9-14-10-15- / 13w

16 (4) Billie Eilish – When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go? *G*
                  Chart Run: *1*-3-3-4-8-9-10-12-12-16-19-Out-RE 16-17-Out-RE 17-4-16- / 16w

17 (11) Alice Merton – S.I.D.E.S.
                  Chart Run: *4*-7-8-11-17- / 5w

18 (20) Taylor Swift – Folklore *P*
                  Chart Run: 2-*1*-1-1-1-4-7-9-13-16-20-17-17-Out-RE 18-15-14-11-15-16-Out-RE 16-18-18-18-Out-RE 17-15-Out-RE 16-Out-RE 19-Out-RE 20-18- / 29w

19 (12) Givéon – Give Or Take
                  Chart Run: *3*-7-12-19- / 4w

20 (16) Grimes – Miss Anthropocene *3xP*
                  Chart Run: *1*-1-2-3-2-1-3-5-6-8-8-12-17-20-Out-RE 20-17-10-3-3-3-4-9-11-9-13-15-18-Out-RE 18-11-14-12-14-17-13-12-Out-RE 19-6-4-4-5-8-9-7-8-10-13-11-12-11-12-14-14-16-15-18-Out-RE 16-Out-RE 12-3-4-13-18-Out-RE 13-15-14-19-17-19-16-20- / 69w

Out of Top20
                  Out (9) James Bay – Leap (1w)
                  Out (14) Nayeon – Im Nayeon (2w)
                  Out (15) Rammstein – Mutter (6w)
                  Out (17) Auri – II - Those We Don’t Speak Of *G* (16w)
                  Out (18) Eurovision Song Contest 2022 *P* (13w)
                  Out (19) Alan Walker – Walkerverse, Pt. I EP (4w)

New certifications
                  Happier Than Ever by Billie Eilish goes PLATINUM (200+ points)
                  Denim & Rhinestones by Carrie Underwood goes GOLD (100+ points)

Comment

Bubbling Under

Spoiler!

1 (1) Eye Of Melian – The Homesong’s Call
                    Chart Run: 2-*1*-1-1- / 4w

2 (NEW) Mabel – Animal
                    Chart Run: *2*- / 1w

3 (NEW) Lizzo – 2 Be Loved (Am I Ready)

4 (NEW) Ultima Grace – Getting On With Life
                    Chart Run: *4*- / 1w

5 (3) Eye Of Melian – Under The Grey Sky
                    Chart Run: *1*-2-3-5- / 4w

6 (2) Billie Eilish – Oxytocin
                    Chart Run: *1*-1-1-3-Out-RE 2-6- / 5w

7 (RE) Lindsey Stirling – Foreverglow
                    Chart Run: *1*-1-1-2-2-5-4-7-9-Out-RE 7-2-2-2-2-9-8-Out-RE 9-9-Out-RE 7-5-8-Out-RE 7- / 22w

8 (NEW) Demi Lovato – Substance
                    Chart Run: *8*- / 1w

9 (NEW) 5 Seconds Of Summer – Blender

10 (NEW) P!nk – Irrelevant
                    Chart Run: *10*- / 1w

Comment

• 1 (NEW) Lindsey Stirling feat. Amy Lee – Love Goes On And On

I oh so wish Lindsey got rid of those dated dubstep-like beats, other than that it's a great collab.
                      Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• Elley’s track is good and Ellie’s new one is surprisingly good.

Comment

• Great to see "Dolls" in the top three! You beat me to charting it – it's a new entry at #2 for me this week. Also nice to see "About Damn Time" making a late entry (true to its title).

I'm a bit surprised that "Build a Bitch" never charted. It was a great debut single for Bella, #8 on my year-end chart.

Comment

1 (NEW) Lindsey Stirling feat. Amy Lee – Love Goes On And On

I oh so wish Lindsey got rid of those dated dubstep-like beats, other than that it's a great collab.
                            Glad you still kinda like it! She has lots of songs that don't use the dubstep like beats, but I guess she still sticks a lot to it because it's still the thing people know best about her.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thriller View Post
                              Elley’s track is good and Ellie’s new one is surprisingly good.
                              Glad you like these two - I hope Easy Lover becomes a nice hit for Ellie, it's a great and catchy tune and she's been missed!

Comment

• Originally posted by setg1 View Post
                                Great to see "Dolls" in the top three! You beat me to charting it – it's a new entry at #2 for me this week. Also nice to see "About Damn Time" making a late entry (true to its title).

I'm a bit surprised that "Build a Bitch" never charted. It was a great debut single for Bella, #8 on my year-end chart.
                                To be fair, I never heard of Bella Poarch until the release of Dolls and only because Grimes has been promoting her on her socials! So yeah, I didn't know about Build A Bitch until just 3-4 days ago, when I also listened to Inferno for the first time. There may be some late entries for these this week
                                But glad you're enjoying Dolls too, and I can't wait for the EP!

Yes, I had About Damn Time written down as a re-entry on my charts at first, then I looked it up and was surprised by myself how I never charted it Better late than never I guess.

Comment

My Charts - week 29/2022 – 22 july 2022 - Stay With Me Last Night

Singles Top40

Spoiler!

1 (1) Lindsey Stirling feat. Amy Lee – Love Goes On And On
                                  Chart Run: *1*-1- / 2w

2 (12) Calvin Harris, Justin Timberlake, Halsey & Pharrell Williams – Stay With Me
                                  Chart Run: 12-*2*- / 2w

3 (4) Ellie Goulding feat. Big Sean – Easy Lover
                                  Chart Run: 4-*3*- / 2w

4 (3) Bella Poarch – Dolls
                                  Chart Run: *3*-4- / 2w

5 (NEW) Mabel – LOL
                                  Chart Run: *5*- / 1w

6 (5) Taylor Swift – Carolina
                                  Chart Run: *1*-1-2-5-6- / 5w

7 (2) Elley Duhé – Pieces
                                  Chart Run: 11-2-*1*-2-7- / 5w

8 (6) Tiësto & Charli XCX – Hot In It
                                  Chart Run: 5-*4*-6-8- / 4w

9 (NEW) Bella Poarch & Sub Urban – Inferno

10 (NEW) Muse – Kill Or Be Killed

11 (8) Meghan Trainor feat. Teddy Swims – Bad For Me
                                  Chart Run: 22-17-11-*8*-11- / 5w

12 (NEW) Macklemore & Tones And I – Chant
                                  Chart Run: *12*- / 1w

13 (9) Ciara feat. Coast Contra – Jump
                                  Chart Run: 14-*9*-13- / 3w

14 (10) Mabel feat. Lil Tecca – Let Love Go
                                  Chart Run: *7*-10-10-14- / 4w

15 (NEW) Bella Poarch – Build A Bitch
                                  Chart Run: *15*- / 1w

16 (11) Calum Scott – If You Ever Change Your Mind
                                  Chart Run: 32-Out-RE 18-13-*4*-8-11-16- / 7w

17 (NEW) Priyanka feat. Cheryl Hole – Snatch
                                  Chart Run: *17*- / 1w

18 (21) Mabel & 24kGoldn – Overthinking
                                  Chart Run: 14-5-*3*-8-15-21-26-21-18- / 9w

19 (13) Within Temptation – Don’t Pray For Me
                                  Chart Run: *3*-13-19- / 3w

20 (24) WRS & Andromache – If You Were Alone
                                  Chart Run: *19*-24-20- / 3w

21 (17) Carrie Underwood – She Don’t Know
                                  Chart Run: *1*-2-3-9-17-21- / 6w

22 (15) Barbara Pravi – 365
                                  Chart Run: *15*-22- / 2w

23 (20) Grimes – Shinigami Eyes *2xP*
                                  Chart Run: *1*-1-1-1-1-3-3-7-9-6-6-9-12-14-20-Out-RE 5-1-1-6-7-11-15-20-23- / 24w

24 (16) Lizzo – About Damn Time
                                  Chart Run: *16*-24- / 2w

25 (14) Billie Eilish – NDA *P*
                                  Chart Run: 11-5-5-*3*-4-6-7-8-12-20-25-26-39-Out-RE 5-14-25- / 16w

26 (27) Faun feat. Eluveitie – Gwydion *P*
                                  Chart Run: *1*-1-1-1-2-7-14-12-23-21-22-31-34-30-27-26- / 16w

27 (30) Supremme de Luxe feat. Marina, Estrella Xtravaganza, Sharonne & Venedita Von Däsh – Llévame Al Cielo
                                  Chart Run: *6*-9-17-30-27- / 5w

28 (NEW) Bilal Hassani – Transfert Trottinette
                                  Chart Run: *28*- / 1w

29 (7) Allen/Olzon – Army Of Dreamers
                                  Chart Run: *7*-29- / 2w

30 (18) La Grande Dame – Action
                                  Chart Run: 13-*6*-18-30- / 4w

31 (25) Meghan Trainor feat. Mike Sabath – Wave *P*
                                  Chart Run: *1*-1-3-6-11-15-8-7-14-9-11-14-15-13-18-23-29-31-14-32-Out-RE 31-25-31- / 23w

32 (28) Eye Of Melian – Everstrong
                                  Chart Run: 6-*5*-9-24-Out-RE 18-20-21-28-32- / 9w

33 (26) Imagine Dragons – Sharks
                                  Chart Run: 21-*15*-24-26-33- / 5w

34 (32) Alice Merton – Same Team
                                  Chart Run: 32-39-Out-RE *16*-25-23-28-32-34- / 8w

35 (23) Eye Of Melian feat. Leah – Light
                                  Chart Run: *5*-12-10-19-18-23-35- / 7w

36 (19) Billie Eilish – Bad Guy *G*
                                  Chart Run: *1*-3-9-10-15-24-33-Out-RE 7-19-36- / 10w

37 (40) Sabrina Carpenter – Because I Liked A Boy
                                  Chart Run: 40-*37*- / 2w

38 (31) Chanel – SloMo *G*
                                  Chart Run: 32-32-Out-RE 33-Out-RE 14-5-*1*-2-3-4-7-16-22-23-31-38- / 15w

39 (37) Mabel – Let Them Know *G*
                                  Chart Run: 26-19-12-5-*4*-7-16-21-30-31-35-Out-RE 37-39- / 13w

40 (22) Anna Bergendahl – Demons And Dreams
                                  Chart Run: *6*-13-22-40- / 4w

Out of Top40
                                  Out (29) Billie Eilish – Happier Than Ever (9w)
                                  Out (33) Dennis Lloyd – Breakdown (1w)
                                  Out (34) Eye Of Melian – The Bell *G* (16w)
                                  Out (35) Noah Cyrus – Ready To Go (4w)
                                  Out (36) Tim Bendzko – Das Leben wieder lieben (2w)
                                  Out (38) Eye Of Melian – Vita Nova *G* (13w)
                                  Out (39) The Cast of RuPaul’s Drag Race All Stars, Season 7 – 2getha 4eva (The Other Girls) (5w)

New certifications
                                  Shinigami Eyes by Grimes goes 2x PLATINUM (800+ points)
                                  Gwydion by Faun feat. Eluveitie goes PLATINUM (400+ points)
                                  Bad Guy by Billie Eilish and Let Them Know by Mabel go GOLD (250+ points)

Comment

Album Top20

Spoiler!

1 (2) Mabel – About Last Night…
                                    Chart Run: 2-*1*- / 2w

2 (1) Eye Of Melian – Legends Of Light
                                    Chart Run: *1*-1-1-1-2- / 5w

3 (3) Lizzo – Special
                                    Chart Run: *3*-3- / 2w

4 (13) Lindsey Stirling – Artemis *P*
                                    Chart Run: *1*-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-2-3-3-3-2-2-1-1-2-2-3-4-5-6-5-3-4-3-5-10-9-7-8-10-7-4-9-13-12-15-13-15-15-10-7-8-11-14-13-10-5-3-2-5-7-11-7-12-11-16-18-Out-RE 18-7-10-13-20-17-14-18-18-Out-RE 13-4- / 71w

5 (10) Taylor Swift – Evermore *P*
                                    Chart Run: 2-*1*-1-2-2-2-2-4-6-9-11-15-14-20-15-16-17-16-19-17-Out-RE 16-9-12-Out-RE 15-12-14-16-11-12-10-16-20-14-15-18-Out-RE 12-9-7-10-5- / 40w

6 (6) Taylor Swift – Red (Taylor’s Version) *P*
                                    Chart Run: *1*-1-2-1-2-3-1-5-10-14-11-8-12-16-19-Out-RE 18-5-5-3-6-6- / 21w

7 (5) Sabrina Carpenter – Emails I Can’t Send
                                    Chart Run: *5*-7- / 2w

8 (7) Calum Scott – Bridges
                                    Chart Run: 6-10-*4*-6-7-8- / 6w

9 (4) Billie Eilish – Happier Than Ever *P*
                                    Chart Run: *1*-1-1-2-8-8-14-10-7-9-9-14-18-Out-RE 13-2-4-9- / 17w

10 (8) Carrie Underwood – Denim & Rhinestones *G*
                                    Chart Run: *1*-1-2-2-5-8-10- / 7w

11 (18) Taylor Swift – Folklore *P*
                                    Chart Run: 2-*1*-1-1-1-4-7-9-13-16-20-17-17-Out-RE 18-15-14-11-15-16-Out-RE 16-18-18-18-Out-RE 17-15-Out-RE 16-Out-RE 19-Out-RE 20-18-11- / 30w

12 (12) Imagine Dragons – Mercury - Act 2
                                    Chart Run: *6*-13-12-12- / 4w

13 (11) Tia Kofi – Part 2: The Antidote EP
                                    Chart Run: *3*-8-11-13- / 4w

14 (15) Faun – Pagan *G*
                                    Chart Run: *1*-1-2-2-4-3-7-10-10-9-14-10-15-14- / 14w

15 (9) J-Hope – Jack In The Box
                                    Chart Run: *9*-15- / 2w

16 (RE) Taylor Swift – Lover *P*
                                    Chart Run: *1*-3-4-4-7-9-9-12-17-20-Out-RE 13-10-6-11-6-6-7-9-12-18-17-Out-RE 13-17-14-20-19-Out-RE 16- / 27w

17 (20) Grimes – Miss Anthropocene *3xP*
                                    Chart Run: *1*-1-2-3-2-1-3-5-6-8-8-12-17-20-Out-RE 20-17-10-3-3-3-4-9-11-9-13-15-18-Out-RE 18-11-14-12-14-17-13-12-Out-RE 19-6-4-4-5-8-9-7-8-10-13-11-12-11-12-14-14-16-15-18-Out-RE 16-Out-RE 12-3-4-13-18-Out-RE 13-15-14-19-17-19-16-20-17- / 70w

18 (17) Alice Merton – S.I.D.E.S.
                                    Chart Run: *4*-7-8-11-17-18- / 6w

19 (19) Givéon – Give Or Take
                                    Chart Run: *3*-7-12-19-19- / 5w

20 (16) Billie Eilish – When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go? *G*
                                    Chart Run: *1*-3-3-4-8-9-10-12-12-16-19-Out-RE 16-17-Out-RE 17-4-16-20- / 17w

Out of Top20
                                    Out (14) Christina Perri – A Lighter Shade Of Blue (1w)

New certifications
                                    none

Comment

Bubbling Under

Spoiler!

1 (2) Mabel – Animal
                                      Chart Run: 2-*1*- / 2w

2 (3) Lizzo – 2 Be Loved (Am I Ready)
                                      Chart Run: 3-*2*- / 2w

3 (NEW) Billie Eilish – TV

4 (7) Lindsey Stirling – Foreverglow
                                      Chart Run: *1*-1-1-2-2-5-4-7-9-Out-RE 7-2-2-2-2-9-8-Out-RE 9-9-Out-RE 7-5-8-Out-RE 7-4- / 23w

5 (1) Eye Of Melian – The Homesong’s Call
                                      Chart Run: 2-*1*-1-1-5- / 5w

6 (NEW) Billie Eilish – The 30th
                                      Chart Run: *6*- / 1w

7 (5) Eye Of Melian – Under The Grey Sky
                                      Chart Run: *1*-2-3-5-7- / 5w

8 (6) Billie Eilish – Oxytocin
                                      Chart Run: *1*-1-1-3-Out-RE 2-6-8- / 7w

9 (NEW) Choriza May feat. River Medway – Feeling Fruity

10 (NEW) Panic! At The Disco – Middle Of A Breakup

Comment

• Important Message: I will most likely not be able to post my chart for the next three weeks. I don't know yet, maybe I can do short updates or even one full but delayed. We will see... Have a good time everyone!

Comment

• Decent chart this week. I must be out of touch with this year's music 'cause so many of my 'familiar' charts are looking hella unfamiliar.

6 (5) Taylor Swift – Carolina
                                          13 (9) Ciara feat. Coast Contra – Jump
                                          21 (17) Carrie Underwood – She Don’t Know
                                          23 (20) Grimes – Shinigami Eyes *2xP*
                                          24 (16) Lizzo – About Damn Time
                                          25 (14) Billie Eilish – NDA *P*
                                          36 (19) Billie Eilish – Bad Guy *G*
                                          38 (31) Chanel – SloMo *G*
                                          39 (37) Mabel – Let Them Know *G*

Yep, it was a lot of fun. Maybe not as amazing as I was hoping for, but still fun. Ah, but I thought you liked her too? Not the biggest concert goer?

Agreed about Jump - I really dig it for now and it's always nice to have Ciara back. Glad you're enjoying Carrie's success!
                                          I like her, but I have to trust in that artist's ability to deliver a live show worth my hard-earned money. Acts like Carrie and Dua were worth every dollar; I wanted to ask Ariana for a refund.

But, yeah, sometimes I buy concert tickets months in advance and when the day comes, I just can't bring myself to go. That happened with HAIM several months back and almost happened with Dua. I'm glad I rallied for Dua 'cause that was a phenomenal show!

Folklore -> Evermore -> Fearless TV -> Red TV was such a brilliant streak within a year and a half, so having no "new" album since last year feels weird and honestly, she's grown to become one of my most favorite artists these days. I keep returning to her stuff or think about her, that's why she's charting with three albums again.
                                          Yeah, she's been putting out so much music that I think it's good for her to brake for a bit and let us 'miss' her for a minute before we become oversaturated with her work.
                                          Akini's Top 100 Albums of All-Time: [#55]
                                          Akini's Favourite Films: [40-36]
                                          Your Billboard Top Ten: #1 As It Was [6 weeks]
                                          AlbumClash 2.0: [Beyoncé vs. Ari Lennox vs. Rina Sawayama]

Yeah, they smile to your face and Prop-8 you in the back.

Comment

• Ok song by Muse, they're angrier than usual these days.
                                            Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• Mabel’s Animal should’ve been a single by now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tansike View Post
                                                Something that I do appreciate though is how some artists still think a lot about their releases & put some extra work into it. While I'm not the biggest fan of their music, I really do love BTS for that example, because they release so huge boxset with pictures, calendars, shirts and all that stuff, so fans getting a "real" piece of their favorite artist, and even nicer, they can build somewhat of a connection to these albums.
                                                Those seem like a smart win-win: the artists probably make way more money off products like that/way better profit margins than streaming, and the fans get cool collectibles to treasure. Admittedly, I stopped buying physical products once I started streaming It doesn't help that laptops don't even have disc drives now, so I couldn't rip a CD into my library even if I wanted - but I still keep all my old CDs on shelves.

Zara was just super unlucky to have her record label picking Ain't Your Fault as her new lead single, while Dua came back with Don't Start Now. I still hope Zara can bounce back somehow, she still is responsible for two of my all time favorite hits (Symphony and Never Forget You) <3
                                                Yeah, even if chart success continues to evade Zara, hopefully she can settle into a situation like Carly Rae, who keeps fans fed even without proper hits.

Makes sense... guess yeah, I'm a bit drawn to a darker sound. Carolina also sounds very Lana Del Rey during her debut era, which is still one of my favorite eras ever.
                                                Ah, definitely! That's another reason I wouldn't be that into "Carolina" (since I never really got into Lana).

I love that shoutout for Telephone <3 Still the perfect Pop song!! Woah, that's a lot of Top10 entries on your chart!! I didn't know she was that successful with you! So you must be super excited for her upcoming album What were her #1s, and what's her biggest hit overall for you?
                                                Her No. 1's are "Best Thing I Never Had" and "XO" (which I still enjoy, but I don't think either would be in my Bey Top 5 today. Maybe not even Top 10) Her biggest overall hit is definitely "Sorry": 2 weeks at No. 2, 20 weeks total, and her only song certified 3x Platinum.

Glad you enjoy Pieces & checked it out! I think it's a great Pop tune and I hope it won't take it two years as well to become a hit Middle Of The Night's sudden revival was so random but I loved it, because the song already peaked in the Top3 of my personal chart in early 2020 <3
                                                Nice! You didn't need TikTok to appreciate the song like these damn kids today.

Honestly kinda middle of the road. She was fun but the best part were her fans - the whole arena knew all the words, danced like crazy and it was a great atmosphere. But she wasn't always singing live and while I do love the albums, having a whole concert with a samey sound wasn't too exciting. Yes, NDA is (by far) her biggest hit, while Bad Guy (#1), No Time To Die (#2) and Happier Than Ever (#2) all peaked higher Going by overall performances, NDA would be followed by You Should See Me In A Crown (#7 peak but Gold) and No Time To Die (her third and last Gold certified song).
                                                Being surrounded by that energy can make a big difference! Did Billie's audience skew younger than Dua's show? (I'd imagine there were more adult gays at Dua's concert, but maybe I'm wrong).
                                                • Speaking of Dua: the fact that Lindsey's still promoting Artemis in mid-2022 makes the Future Nostalgia era look short Amy sounds as amazing as always
                                                • Is Halsey largely responsible for the success of "Stay With Me" here? We've probably talked about JT at some point before, but I can't recall how you feel about him
                                                • Ofc now that Ellie drops a single that lots of fans love, it flops epically on official charts
                                                • Lovin' that 2x Plat cert for "Shinigami Eyes"
                                                • "2 Be Loved (Am I Ready") seems like a no-brainer for the next Special single, so hopefully Lizzo starts properly pushing it soon (especially since "About Damn Time" has probably peaked everywhere by now)

Yet another lovable chart, Tancel!
                                                last.fmPaulboard Top 30

Comment

• Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
                                                  Decent chart this week. I must be out of touch with this year's music 'cause so many of my 'familiar' charts are looking hella unfamiliar.
                                                  I'm actually feeling the same... it seems like besides some "obvious" entries that everyone is charting, we all have developed our own tastes when it comes to music.

I like her, but I have to trust in that artist's ability to deliver a live show worth my hard-earned money. Acts like Carrie and Dua were worth every dollar; I wanted to ask Ariana for a refund.

But, yeah, sometimes I buy concert tickets months in advance and when the day comes, I just can't bring myself to go. That happened with HAIM several months back and almost happened with Dua. I'm glad I rallied for Dua 'cause that was a phenomenal show!
                                                  Oh wow, poor Ariana! Didn't know you didn't like her show

But, I can actually relate because I already had to re-sell or give away several concert tickets because I didn't want to go in the end. I always felt bad for doing so last minute though, so I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one doing so! And also glad to hear you went to the Dua Lipa concert after all, loved it too! <3

Yeah, she's been putting out so much music that I think it's good for her to brake for a bit and let us 'miss' her for a minute before we become oversaturated with her work.
                                                  I miss her though I completely get what you mean though and I wouldn't rule out NO release at all this year due to that... but I hope we will get something. She won't let the Christmas sales go like that.
                                                  But I really, really dig her, probably as much as never before... and it shows, she'll have so many albums charting on my three missed charts (coming asap).

Comment

Ok song by Muse, they're angrier than usual these days.
                                                    I love Kill Or Be Killed - I think it has the chances to become my most favorite song by them since Starlight

Comment

Working...
                                                    X