No announcement yet.

JakeP Top 20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dua still dominating! She's slipping a bit on my chart. Good entries for BEP and Sam/Demi.

Comment

• I am loving that debut for Doja Cat - it actually charted ahead of Say So for me - hope she gets a top ten out of it because I'm incredibly bitter that the Black Eyed Peas are who held her out.

Comment

• I agree that Kelly Clarkson's new one is the strongest new release of the week. Great top 3 - Florence good too but need to listen more.

Looking forward to seeing whether your hit seeker will make an impact this week.
        Ste's Personal Chart 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post
          I checked out Don't Start Now and Physical obviously. They are okay, but are no longer on my playlist. I may give them another try.
          Break My Heart and Levitating were next as they seem to be very popular here on UKMIX. Levitating has already left my playlist, but Break My Heart is actually a song I really like. So I may try some more songs from the album. The song has to really get me as I don't really like her voice and way of singing. She sounds a bit cold and bored to me when she sings.
          I'm glad that Break my heart made a big impression on you. I'm sure you would love the camp as tents Hallucinate, it's just such a fabulous disco/pop song and Dua's vocals are immense on the track. <3

Comment

• Originally posted by Thriller View Post
            Dua still dominating! She's slipping a bit on my chart. Good entries for BEP and Sam/Demi.
            Thanks Thriller

Dua's album is just incredible so that's why its held up so amazingly for the last couple of weeks, especially my personal favourite tracks.

That said, i already know my next chart is gonna have quite a big shift due to what i've been listening to throughout the week.

I was pleasantly surprised at how much i enjoyed Black Eyed Peas new single. As for Sam & Demi, i was so conflicted with their single. I love the way the song builds up and the verses are so fierce...but then you get the Disney-esque chorus and it sounds disjointed, as if its taken from another song and it's part of a medley.

Comment

• Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
              I am loving that debut for Doja Cat - it actually charted ahead of Say So for me - hope she gets a top ten out of it because I'm incredibly bitter that the Black Eyed Peas are who held her out.
              Thanks cheapthrills

Actually Doja Cat is a re-entry. Boss bitch first charted in February, then it bowed out gracefully as Say so started taking off and i thought it was such a delicious smooth bop. Now i've found myself reverting back to Boss bitch again.

Difficult to predict where Doja Cat will be in my new chart. My new chart is already shaping up to be the most charity influenced in the 7 years i've been doing my chart. I think self isolation and staying at home will well and truly be reflected in tomorrow nights chart.

Comment

• Originally posted by steophonic View Post
                I agree that Kelly Clarkson's new one is the strongest new release of the week. Great top 3 - Florence good too but need to listen more.

Looking forward to seeing whether your hit seeker will make an impact this week.
                Thanks ste

Kelly Clarkson's track certainly grew on me more after several plays. As much as i love Florence + The Machine, i wasn't as sold on Light of love hence the lower than usual chart entry in my chart (i know Florence has had a string of singles peak at #2 in my chart over the last 5 years ).

TiŽsto & Becky Hill are set to enter my new chart. That said, there's just something about TiŽsto's last few singles that haven't fully connected with me. I'm putting it down to how he's been producing the tracks. On paper i should love tracks like Ritual, God is a dancer and Nothing really matters but yet i end up being underwhelmed.

Comment

• Originally posted by steophonic View Post
                  I agree that Kelly Clarkson's new one is the strongest new release of the week. Great top 3 - Florence good too but need to listen more.

Thanks ste

Kelly Clarkson's track certainly grew on me more after several plays. As much as i love Florence + The Machine, i wasn't as sold on Light of love hence the lower than usual chart entry in my chart (i know Florence has had a string of singles peak at #2 in my chart over the last 5 years ).

TiŽsto & Becky Hill are set to enter my new chart. That said, there's just something about TiŽsto's last few singles that haven't fully connected with me. I'm putting it down to how he's been producing the tracks. On paper i should love tracks like Ritual, God is a dancer and Nothing really matters but yet i end up being underwhelmed.

Comment

• Originally posted by JakeP View Post

Thanks cheapthrills

Actually Doja Cat is a re-entry. Boss bitch first charted in February, then it bowed out gracefully as Say so started taking off and i thought it was such a delicious smooth bop. Now i've found myself reverting back to Boss bitch again.

Difficult to predict where Doja Cat will be in my new chart. My new chart is already shaping up to be the most charity influenced in the 7 years i've been doing my chart. I think self isolation and staying at home will well and truly be reflected in tomorrow nights chart.
                    Did she at least make the top ten when she charted before?

Comment

• 16 (NE) Florence + The Machine - Light of love [1 wk] [#16] - a disappointing release to me.
                      Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

Did she at least make the top ten when she charted before?
                        Yes

11 (RE) Doja Cat - Boss bitch [4 wks] [#9] <---

Peaked at #9 in February and this is its 4th week on the chart. Could easily re-peak although i'm less certain of it happening in tomorrows chart.

Comment

• Originally posted by heppolo View Post
                          16 (NE) Florence + The Machine - Light of love [1 wk] [#16] - a disappointing release to me.
                          Thanks heppolo

Yeah i sadly agree. I do like the song but it didn't strike a chord with me in the same way many previous Florence singles have.

Comment

• Originally posted by JakeP View Post

Yes

11 (RE) Doja Cat - Boss bitch [4 wks] [#9] <---

Peaked at #9 in February and this is its 4th week on the chart. Could easily re-peak although i'm less certain of it happening in tomorrows chart.
                            I'm still learning to read, I guess.

Go Doja

Comment

I'm still learning to read, I guess.

Go Doja

The smaller font probably doesn't help.

Comment

• JakeP Top 20 (25th April 2020)

01 (NE) Live Lounge Allstars - Times like these [1 wk] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
                                02 (NE) Cťline Dion, Andrea Bocelli, Lady Gaga, Lang Lang & John Legend - The prayer [1 wk] [#2]
                                03 (NE) Taylor Swift featuring Dixie Chicks - Soon you’ll get better [1 wk] [#3]
                                04 (03) Dua Lipa - Break my heart [5 wks] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
                                05 (05) Kelly Clarkson - I dare you [2 wks] [#5]
                                06 (01) Dua Lipa - Hallucinate [4 wks] [#1] (3 wks @ #1)
                                07 (06) Little Mix - Break up song [5 wks] [#2]
                                08 (02) twenty one pilots - Level of concern [3 wks] [#2]
                                09 (07) Ava Max - Kings & queens [7 wks] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
                                10 (04) Dua Lipa - Levitating [4 wks] [#2]
                                11 (08) Dua Lipa - Physical [13 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
                                12 (NE) Beth Porch - You taught me what love is [1 wk] [#12]
                                13 (11) Doja Cat - Boss bitch [5 wks] [#9]
                                14 (NE) TiŽsto & Becky Hill - Nothing really matters [1 wk] [#14]
                                15 (09) The Killers - Caution [7 wks] [#2]
                                16 (10) Black Eyed Peas featuring Ozuna & J Rey Soul - Mamacita [2 wks] [#10]
                                17 (NE) Tones and I - Bad child [1 wk] [#17]
                                18 (RE) Niall Horan - Black and white [3 wks] [#4]
                                19 (14) Niall Horan - Heartbreak weather [5 wks] [#2]
                                20 (13) Niall Horan - Small talk [6 wks] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)

The Hit Seeker

The Killers - Fire in bone

Comment

• Good to see Kelly is still Top 5.
                                  My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Just heard your #1 for the first time. It's beautiful!

01 (NE) Live Lounge Allstars - Times like these [1 wk] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
                                    02 (NE) Cťline Dion, Andrea Bocelli, Lady Gaga, Lang Lang & John Legend - The prayer [1 wk] [#2]
                                    04 (03) Dua Lipa - Break my heart [5 wks] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
                                    05 (05) Kelly Clarkson - I dare you [2 wks] [#5]
                                    06 (01) Dua Lipa - Hallucinate [4 wks] [#1] (3 wks @ #1)
                                    07 (06) Little Mix - Break up song [5 wks] [#2]
                                    08 (02) twenty one pilots - Level of concern [3 wks] [#2]
                                    09 (07) Ava Max - Kings & queens [7 wks] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
                                    10 (04) Dua Lipa - Levitating [4 wks] [#2]
                                    11 (08) Dua Lipa - Physical [13 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
                                    13 (11) Doja Cat - Boss bitch [5 wks] [#9]
                                    15 (09) The Killers - Caution [7 wks] [#2]

Originally posted by JakeP View Post
                                    Level of concern was so instant for me. Certainly their most instant song in terms of appealing to me in such a big way. When they topped my chart with Stressed out, that was a gradual period of weeks as the song continued to grew on me more and more.
                                    It's far and away my Twenty One Pilots fave - that's for sure!

Originally posted by JakeP View Post
                                    I think its a remarkable achievement but it really is such an exceptional song. Even though it recently exited my top 20, i still think it's one of the best songs released in the last 6 months. A bonafide modern day classic i suspect we'll hear for many years to come.
                                    Agreed! I think it'll become one of his signature songs when all is said and done.
                                    Akini's Top 100 Albums of the Decade: [Starting soon]

Comment

• Does someone know what happened to Jake?? He hasn't been active for nearly a month now... really hope he's okay!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tansike View Post
                                        Does someone know what happened to Jake?? He hasn't been active for nearly a month now... really hope he's okay!
                                        Oh yes, I didn't notice that...Hopefully he's alright
                                        Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• I'm missing Jake's Chart!
                                          Ste's Personal Chart 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Tansike View Post
                                            Does someone know what happened to Jake?? He hasn't been active for nearly a month now... really hope he's okay!
                                            Originally posted by steophonic View Post
                                            I'm missing Jake's Chart!
                                            I hope he is ok too - I just looked and he hasn't posted/visited in 4 weeks

Comment

• Oh that's a shame, hopefully nothing's wrong...

Comment

Working...
                                              X