JakeP Top 20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by heppolo View Post
    17 (NE) Dominic Fike - 3 nights [1 wk] [#17] - very modern, catchy, radio-friendly stuff
    Thanks heppolo

It's been on my radar for a couple of weeks since it became a big hit in Australia. I actually thought Dominic was from Australia hence his success there (turns out he's american ). I can see this becoming quite a big hit in the coming months.

Comment

• JakeP Top 20 (18th May 2019)

01 (01) Rat City featuring Isak Heim - Kind of love [2 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
      02 (NE) Avicii featuring Agnes & Vargas & Lagola - Tough love [1 wk] [#2]
      03 (NE) Lana Del Rey - Doin’ time [1 wk] [#3]
      04 (NE) Madonna featuring Quavo - Future [1 wk] [#4]
      05 (NE) Robin Schulz featuring Harlœ - All this love [1 wk] [#5]
      06 (04) Madonna & Maluma - Medellín [5 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
      07 (03) Madonna - I rise [3 wks] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
      08 (02) Madonna featuring Swae Lee - Crave [2 wks] [#2]
      09 (11) Lil Nas X featuring Billy Ray Cyrus - Old town road [6 wks] [#3]
      10 (05) Shawn Mendes - If i can’t have you [2 wks] [#5]
      11 (06) Billie Eilish - bad guy [8 wks] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
      12 (10) Will Young - All the songs [9 wks] [#1] (3 wks @ #1)
      13 (15) Sofi Tukker - Fantasy [4 wks] [#13]
      14 (NE) Ed Sheeran & Justin Bieber - I don’t care [1 wk] [#14]
      15 (17) Dominic Fike - 3 nights [2 wks] [#15]
      16 (07) Taylor Swift featuring Brendon Urie - ME! [4 wks] [#2]
      17 (09) Jax Jones & Martin Solveig present Europa featuring Madison Beer - All day and night [6 wks] [#4]
      18 (NE) David Guetta featuring RAYE - Stay (don’t go away) [1 wk] [#18]
      19 (08) Mark Ronson featuring Lykke Li - Late night feelings [5 wks] [#8]
      20 (18) Martin Garrix featuring Macklemore & Patrick Stump - Summer days [3 wks] [#11]

The Hit Seeker

Comment

• JakeP Top 20 (25th May 2019)

01 (NE) Duncan Laurence - Arcade [1 wk] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
        02 (NE) Mahmood - Soldi [1 wk] [#2]
        03 (NE) Luca Hänni - She got me [1 wk] [#3]
        04 (NE) Keiino - Spirit in the sky [1 wk] [#4]
        05 (NE) Kate Miller-Heidke - Zero gravity [1 wk] [#5]
        06 (NE) Michaela - Chameleon [1 wk] [#6]
        07 (01) Rat City featuring Isak Heim - Kind of love [3 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
        08 (09) Lil Nas X featuring Billy Ray Cyrus - Old town road [7 wks] [#3]
        09 (02) Avicii featuring Agnes & Vargas & Lagola - Tough love [2 wks] [#2]
        10 (08) Madonna featuring Swae Lee - Crave [3 wks] [#2]
        11 (NE) Chingiz - Truth [1 wk] [#11]
        12 (06) Madonna & Maluma - Medellín [6 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
        13 (07) Madonna - I rise [4 wks] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
        14 (03) Lana Del Rey - Doin’ time [2 wks] [#3]
        15 (NE) John Lundvik - Too late for love [1 wk] [#15]
        16 (NE) Tamta - Replay [1 wk] [#16]
        17 (12) Will Young - All the songs [10 wks] [#1] (3 wks @ #1)
        18 (04) Madonna featuring Quavo - Future [2 wks] [#4]
        19 (NE) Katerine Duska - Better love [1 wk] [#19]
        20 (05) Robin Schulz featuring Harlœ - All this love [2 wks] [#5]

The Hit Seeker

Will Young - My love

Comment

• I'll catch up with everything in the first half of next week but I already have to give a short shoutout to your Top6 - five of these songs are also in my Top6

Comment

• 01 (NE) Duncan Laurence - Arcade [1 wk] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)

Eurovision invasion.
            Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• Originally posted by Tansike View Post
              I'll catch up with everything in the first half of next week but I already have to give a short shoutout to your Top6 - five of these songs are also in my Top6
              Thanks Tansike

I knew you would be quick to check out this particular chart. The anticipation of the post-eurovision final impact.

I need to comment on your latest chart and the latest movements too.

Comment

Eurovision invasion.
                Thanks heppolo

This year particularly ended up being much stronger than i had imagined back in February. Back then i was worried that 2019 was gonna be a disappointing year for eurovision but soon enough all the goods started to emerge.

Safe to say this is the strongest eurovision domination i've had in my chart. Last year 9 eurovision tracks made my top 20 but they were spread throughout the chart rather than all bulked together.

Got to feel sympathy for Michaela though. Chameleon was strong enough for a top 5 hit but hence the solid impact she ended up #6 instead.

Comment

• Hiyaaaa.

How are you? Hope everything's going well
                  Looks like someone enjoyed Eurovision last weekend, a whole invasion! Obviously happy to see 'our' Duncan at #1, but you have featured all my favourite songs from the competition. Soldi is fabbbb. I have been playing that song since January, was most definitely my favourite, so delighted he did so well in both the competition and your chart. She Got Me has been my jam for a while as well, it is quite basic but SOO catchy.
                  Funnily enough I had no idea Spirit In The Sky was this year's Norwegian entry! Randomly heard that song some months ago and very much enjoyed it. Too Late For Love is super duper catchy, Swedish and just very nice.

Crave <33 Still wish she performed that at Eurovision instead of Future which is the only Madame X song so far I don't rate very much.

Hoping for a smash debut for My Love next week. Will is bringing the hits again this era.
                  i wanna see you on your knees, wanna see you begging

Comment

• Originally posted by JakeP View Post
                    Thanks Tansike

Ohh wow Leave right now is probably Will's signature tune. Maybe you might recognise it although i don't really know how successful Will was across europe in the early 00s. Yes Live a river spent a fortnight at #1 in my chart in 2015. <3 But All the songs has surpassed that song already for me and is on its way to becoming one of my all time favourite Will Young singles.
                    Hey Jake

Time to catch up!
                    So I finally heard "Leave Right Now" and no, I didn't recognize it I don't think he was big outside the UK/Irish Charts to be honest, as I never heard about him before joining UKMix. Yes, I still remember having checked out "Like A River" back then as it was successful on several personal charts here... wow, good to hear that about "All The Songs"! I'm low-key excited for the album that drops soon as I'm very interested in hearing a whole body of work by Will.

Originally posted by JakeP View Post
                    I went on iTunes and had a listen to the previews but to be honest, what i loved so much about Juice was that it was so uplifting, fun and fresh. Whereas most of Lizzo's album is serious sounding urban/rap music which is a genre i rarely listen to unless there's something unique or distinctive enough to grab my attention.
                    Aww, that's kinda sad to hear as "Juice" was such a huge hit for you and may be a contender for a very high spot on your YEC, so it would have been cool if the album would have been for you as well.

Teenagers today have got it so easy. Like really really easy to the point there's no effort involved. I think the idea of going to a music store to buy a cd is like an alien concept to most young teens today. They've got so used to Spotify and the fact the music is right there at their fingertips. I totally agree with you, there was always a sense of excitement buying a new album. A cd revival would be so amazing if it were to happen. <3
                    ...plus they don't need the same amount of money on music like we did!
                    It's crazy to think we went from cassette to CDs to digital downloads to streaming in such a short time, because we had them all yet we're not that old I'd say Fingers crossed a revival like that may happen, as it looks like streaming isn't the best solution either and who knows, maybe there's something else coming in a few years that pushes streaming away.

The beauty with Kerli is that she is a visual artist. It's so evident that all the aesthetics all stem from Kerli rather than being something the music director has conjured up in 5 minutes. So whilst the budget might not be spectacular, it's extraordinary how Kerli still has the ability to make a music video look so grand and rich.

All we need now is a music video for Giving up the ghost and i'm sure Kerli would re-enter my chart again. LOL you're probably right actually. I did discover Kerli's track with SNBRN Raindrops without even realising at the time how much of a Kerli fan you were. I think that helped kickstart a whole new level of appreciation.
                    Yes, that's so true and I love that you're seeing it that way You can really see and feel how it's Kerli's work and her vision and not the one from a director or someone else. It's still crazy to me how she also does all of her clothes in the videos by herself, writes the concepts of everything, does the music by herself, artworks... and all the stuff. She's really a self made artist

Aww... no idea if this is happening. She said there'll be three singles and two videos before the era started, and we got three singles with "Savages", "Better" and "Legends" plus one video for "Savages", so I guess the second video will be for "Better" or "Legends". But she's doing her own thing so we never know if she does it different than she said. She also expressed interest in doing a video for "Where The Dark Things Are" since it has become a fan favorite and people were asking for a video.

Ah, I still remember "Raindrops", that was such a summer bop

Yes i agree that Billie is incredibly savvy and tapped right into the whole social media. I do wonder whether can lead to extremes and a sense of paranoia if it suddenly all started to go negative, and how badly it might affect Billie. She's too young to be having to deal with that kind of mental anxiety and yet there are millions of young people around the world dealing with mental issues all the time, and they're not even famous. But going back to the original point, i suspect Billie has a lot of input into her music/videos/choices made so really i think Billie Eilish will only grow in popularity. Just imagine how successful her next album could potentially be.
                    Have you seen this video called 'Same interview, one year apart'? I feel like there's already something going on with her that worries me, so I hope she keeps her loved ones near and won't take a similar 'scandalous' route like many other young pop stars did before her. Anyways, as much as I love Billie and her music at the moment, I'm not really sure yet if she's really someone who can deliver several albums as I expect people to get over her music style rather fast than with other styles. I'm hoping for the best though, but Lana Del Rey also had a huge breakthrough and was such a big thing with her debut yet her popularity decreased incredibly fast after that, as she always did the same thing and some people still think that's brilliant while the GP mostly moved on.

It was such a smart move and evidently a very profitable one. Now Old town road has even kept Taylor Swift off #1 in America although i did suspect that was gonna happen all along.
                    Isn't it shocking how "Old Town Road" blocked possible #1 debuts by Taylor Swift, Shawn Mendes AND Ed Sheeran & Justin Bieber? The surprise of 2019!

I never bought any Marina And The Diamonds albums but i loved some of her earlier singles like Hollywood and Primadonna but yet that top 10 hit in the UK continues to allude her.
                    Ah, so you're more of a casual listener in Marina's case, that's cool. I never got into her debut but loved all other albums so far. "Primadonna" is definitely one of her best ones to date. Have you heard "Froot" (the song) from her last album?

A week today!!!!!!
                    I hate how we always anticipate the Eurovision week for so long and then it's over so quickly

JakeP Top 20 (25th May 2019)

08 (09) Lil Nas X featuring Billy Ray Cyrus - Old town road [7 wks] [#3]
                    11 (NE) Chingiz - Truth [1 wk] [#11]
                    14 (03) Lana Del Rey - Doin’ time [2 wks] [#3]
                    15 (NE) John Lundvik - Too late for love [1 wk] [#15]
                    16 (NE) Tamta - Replay [1 wk] [#16]
                    17 (12) Will Young - All the songs [10 wks] [#1] (3 wks @ #1)
                    19 (NE) Katerine Duska - Better love [1 wk] [#19]
                    Time to see what's happening on your latest chart (finally!).

So as I already said, I'm so here for that Eurovision impact! As every year, this years contest turned out to be another really good one. I wasn't too sure what to think about it at first but I love how I always end up enjoying most entries once I saw them live. I guess it was similar with you?

Duncan has been a deserved winner this year, congrats to the Netherlands! If the contest will be held in Amsterdam, I really need to try getting tickets next year as that's my favorite city outside Switzerland... if I remember correctly "Arcade" was already one of the standouts for you prior the contest, right?

So proud of Luca!! Best Swiss result since 1993 is crazy
                    So happy to see you supporting him as well. He wasn't the best vocalist of the night but he delivered cool moves, still hit most notes and his biggest strength surely was how charismatic he is.

Keiino, Kate and Michela are three of my clear favorites this year. "Chameleon" would be the best song outside the contest for me as I didn't enjoy her performance that much, while Kate was the opposite with her breathtaking staging. Mahmood's "Soldi" is great as well but not in the same league as the other three for me.

Nice to see Chingiz, John, Tamta and Katerine appearing as well - especially Tamta's "Replay". Though that one is more like Michela's "Chameleon": A great song overall and outside of the contest, but not the best one during the contest... if that makes sense?

Lana Del Rey debuting at #3 with "Doin' Time" was so strong and unexpected! Can't remember how the previous singles (especially the last two) did but I'd say they weren't that big for you, right?

Last but not least, short shoutout to Sofi Tukker's "Fantasy" that made it to four weeks on your charts after all. Not too bad for a #13 peaking song

Comment

• Flawless Top 3, the best one on ukmix right now <3
                      Mainshow Goes Diva: Kylie Minogue

Comment

• Originally posted by Fan View Post
                        Hiyaaaa.

How are you? Hope everything's going well
                        Looks like someone enjoyed Eurovision last weekend, a whole invasion! Obviously happy to see 'our' Duncan at #1, but you have featured all my favourite songs from the competition. Soldi is fabbbb. I have been playing that song since January, was most definitely my favourite, so delighted he did so well in both the competition and your chart. She Got Me has been my jam for a while as well, it is quite basic but SOO catchy.
                        Funnily enough I had no idea Spirit In The Sky was this year's Norwegian entry! Randomly heard that song some months ago and very much enjoyed it. Too Late For Love is super duper catchy, Swedish and just very nice.

Crave <33 Still wish she performed that at Eurovision instead of Future which is the only Madame X song so far I don't rate very much.

Hoping for a smash debut for My Love next week. Will is bringing the hits again this era.
                        Thanks Fan

I'm great thanks. <3 LOL yes, you could say it was something of an invasion. I really do feel like this year, the absolute best songs from the final were in a completely different league to everything else, hence ending up with an unprecedented eurovision top 6. I have loved Arcade since the first time i watched the music video. It's such a gorgeous beautifully well written ballad that showcases Duncan's vocals perfectly. I was so delighted for the Netherlands being victorious with a well deserved win. Mahmood also did exceptionally well even for a #2, Soldi has been just as much of a favourite of mine too. Sometimes all i need is a really catchy bop and i'm happy - i don't really care if it sounds basic, it gives me life. Keiino's song is so typically eurovision but i just adore the pure pop with a slice of cheese in the middle. I agree Too late for love is Sweden's best entry imo since Heroes and these last couple of years have been quite lacklustre for me by comparison. So maybe Sweden are now poised to get that 7th win, who knows maybe 2020 with Sweden's year once again.

I've really liked all the tracks so far from Madame X but i was bitterly disappointed with Madonna's rather dreadful performance at eurovision. I do agree Future isn't as strong as the other three tracks and Crave actually benefitted from the music video effect but it was completely overshadowed by the eurovision final.

Will Young is a surefire new entry in my new chart although i must admit this new track isn't quite in the same league as All the songs which remains a tremendous pop bop. <3

Comment

• Originally posted by Tansike View Post
                          Hey Jake

Time to catch up!
                          So I finally heard "Leave Right Now" and no, I didn't recognize it I don't think he was big outside the UK/Irish Charts to be honest, as I never heard about him before joining UKMix. Yes, I still remember having checked out "Like A River" back then as it was successful on several personal charts here... wow, good to hear that about "All The Songs"! I'm low-key excited for the album that drops soon as I'm very interested in hearing a whole body of work by Will.
                          Thanks Tansike

Ohh wow in that case i'm hoping you enjoyed Leave right now. It's one of my all time favourite songs and always gives me goosebumps whenever i listen to the song. <3 Such a shame Like a river was never an official single but then it was quite different and definitely not radio friendly so it probably would've flopped anyways. All the songs still gets a good number of plays each week, the beauty of an exceptional pop song is that it never gets tiring for me.

The new Will Young album is coming in three weeks time. Hoping for more delicious goodies.

Originally posted by Tansike View Post
                          Aww, that's kinda sad to hear as "Juice" was such a huge hit for you and may be a contender for a very high spot on your YEC, so it would have been cool if the album would have been for you as well.
                          Well it's been strange with Truth hurts because technically its not a new single but these "dna test" memes that have been going viral in recent months has helped the song to become something of a chart hit. I was conflicted as to whether to allow the song onto my chart or not but even then i still don't rate the song as highly as Juice. It's had no chance to enter with eurovision being so dominant this year plus i love checking out new releases whenever i get the spare time. So that also hampered Lizzo's chances of scoring a second hit in my chart.

...plus they don't need the same amount of money on music like we did!
                          It's crazy to think we went from cassette to CDs to digital downloads to streaming in such a short time, because we had them all yet we're not that old I'd say Fingers crossed a revival like that may happen, as it looks like streaming isn't the best solution either and who knows, maybe there's something else coming in a few years that pushes streaming away.
                          I would love a cd single revival but i'm not sure if the novelty would wear thin and people would lose interest. The thing with vinyl is that its like a collectors item and could be worth a lot of money as long as the lp is kept in good condition. I don't own a turntable so i'm never gonna buy an lp. As for streaming, i really can't see what could potentially take over to become the next big thing in music consumption. Perhaps streaming is here to stay for the foreseeable future.

Yes, that's so true and I love that you're seeing it that way You can really see and feel how it's Kerli's work and her vision and not the one from a director or someone else. It's still crazy to me how she also does all of her clothes in the videos by herself, writes the concepts of everything, does the music by herself, artworks... and all the stuff. She's really a self made artist

She also expressed interest in doing a video for "Where The Dark Things Are" since it has become a fan favorite and people were asking for a video.

Ah, I still remember "Raindrops", that was such a summer bop
                          It's very clear to see just how much Kerli is true to herself as an artist, and that makes her very unique credible too. Interesting to know there could be a music video for Where the dark things are and it certainly made enough impact to enter my chart after checking the album tracks on YouTube. So there's potential for the track to enjoy a second wind of success. Raindrops was amazing and with dance/pop becoming more popular again i would be elated if Kerli was to have another club smash single.

Have you seen this video called 'Same interview, one year apart'? I feel like there's already something going on with her that worries me, so I hope she keeps her loved ones near and won't take a similar 'scandalous' route like many other young pop stars did before her. Anyways, as much as I love Billie and her music at the moment, I'm not really sure yet if she's really someone who can deliver several albums as I expect people to get over her music style rather fast than with other styles. I'm hoping for the best though, but Lana Del Rey also had a huge breakthrough and was such a big thing with her debut yet her popularity decreased incredibly fast after that, as she always did the same thing and some people still think that's brilliant while the GP mostly moved on.
                          Yes i watched that interview a while back and found it really fascinating to watch, and i kinda felt a sense of sympathy for Billie. It felt like there were elements of 2017 Billie that 2018 Billie would love to return to, but her success and popularity just exploded into the stratosphere there's just no going back.

I think when an artist has such a successful debut there's more pressure on having the second album perform better, and if it doesn't then it reflects badly on the artist. Whereas with Lana Del Rey, she managed to shake off any shackles with each of her albums. I also don't think Lana is a singles artist so that's possibly a blessing in disguise that the focus is mostly on her albums and subsequent tours - not having a #34 hit in the lead single and nothing else. lol

Isn't it shocking how "Old Town Road" blocked possible #1 debuts by Taylor Swift, Shawn Mendes AND Ed Sheeran & Justin Bieber? The surprise of 2019!
                          Old town road could end up being 2019's biggest song of the year. Although i still think it's a great track boost even more thanks to the music video and of course Billy Ray Cyrus. It wouldn't surprise me if Lil Nas X remains #1 in America for another two months.

[QUOTE=Tansike;7066363]Ah, so you're more of a casual listener in Marina's case, that's cool. I never got into her debut but loved all other albums so far. "Primadonna" is definitely one of her best ones to date. Have you heard "Froot" (the song) from her last album?

I wasn't that keen on Froot and much preferred some of Marina's earlier singles and albums.

I hate how we always anticipate the Eurovision week for so long and then it's over so quickly
                          I know, i love the excitement surrounding the build up...and then it's over before we know it,

Time to see what's happening on your latest chart (finally!).

So as I already said, I'm so here for that Eurovision impact! As every year, this years contest turned out to be another really good one. I wasn't too sure what to think about it at first but I love how I always end up enjoying most entries once I saw them live. I guess it was similar with you?
                          I'm exactly the same, i also didn't expect such strong entries judging from what we already confirmed at the start of the year. It really did improve and i'm so thankful to have discovered these gems. <3

Duncan has been a deserved winner this year, congrats to the Netherlands! If the contest will be held in Amsterdam, I really need to try getting tickets next year as that's my favorite city outside Switzerland... if I remember correctly "Arcade" was already one of the standouts for you prior the contest, right?
                          Yes i truly adored Arcade ever since i first watched the music video and him naked. Some of those shots are quite homoerotic so naturally gets plus points from me. But the song is such a gorgeous ballad, truly heartfelt and gives me tingles. <3

So proud of Luca!! Best Swiss result since 1993 is crazy
                          So happy to see you supporting him as well. He wasn't the best vocalist of the night but he delivered cool moves, still hit most notes and his biggest strength surely was how charismatic he is.
                          Switzerland totally deserved that result. Luca really couldn't have done more, his energy and personality shines through and he knows how to put on a show for his audience. <3 Plus with his new found fame, there's a strong chance the likes of Duncan and Luca can capitalise on this and see if their good fortunes can continue over the coming months. It would be amazing for Duncan (as the winner) to become a bonafide success story and prove that eurovision really can make global stars.

Keiino, Kate and Michela are three of my clear favorites this year. "Chameleon" would be the best song outside the contest for me as I didn't enjoy her performance that much, while Kate was the opposite with her breathtaking staging. Mahmood's "Soldi" is great as well but not in the same league as the other three for me.
                          All three ended up being so strong that i really couldn't separate them from my top 3 which again is testament to just how strong my overall favourite songs have been this year. Ohh Mahmood is easily one of the best from this year and i was loving seeing Soldi finish second. I would've been happy had Italy won as there really wasn't that much separating my top 3 tbh.

Nice to see Chingiz, John, Tamta and Katerine appearing as well - especially Tamta's "Replay". Though that one is more like Michela's "Chameleon": A great song overall and outside of the contest, but not the best one during the contest... if that makes sense?
                          As much as i liked these, there was a clear distinction between my top 6 then my next batch of eurovision favourites. Katerine lost some of her momentum after the live final otherwise i reckon Better love would've charted higher than Chingiz. LOL yes i know what you mean - sometimes a song just sounds exceptional in its studio recording and whilst the live performances are good they don't quite have that same impact live as when recorded.

Lana Del Rey debuting at #3 with "Doin' Time" was so strong and unexpected! Can't remember how the previous singles (especially the last two) did but I'd say they weren't that big for you, right?
                          I love the chorus to Doin' time and that rather chilled melody that runs throughout the song is so lush. <3 It peaked at #3 as did previous single hope is a dangerous thing... back in January. In fact Mariners apartment complex also peaked at #3 last September. Only Venice bitch peaked lower (#8) purely because i felt the song was unnecessarily long. So in actual fact Lana has been consistently scoring high debuts so far and yet there's still no news on a release date for the album.

Last but not least, short shoutout to Sofi Tukker's "Fantasy" that made it to four weeks on your charts after all. Not too bad for a #13 peaking song
                          Sofi Tukker did well with Fantasy but in each of those 4 weeks my attention was directed towards other songs but for any song to spend 4 weeks inside the top 20 without going top 10 shows some really strong consistency.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainshow View Post
                            Flawless Top 3, the best one on ukmix right now <3
                            Thanks Mainshow

Thanks for the compliment. <3 I love the fact your current top 3 is the same. These really were the 3 defining moments from eurovision. Such a shame that pesky Sergey got in the way and prevented what could've been an epic top 3 on the scoreboard.

Comment

• JakeP Top 20 (1st June 2019)

01 (NE) Sigala & Becky Hill - Wish you well [1 wk] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
                              02 (01) Duncan Laurence - Arcade [2 wks] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
                              03 (02) Mahmood - Soldi [2 wks] [#2]
                              04 (07) Rat City featuring Isak Heim - Kind of love [4 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
                              05 (NE) Will Young - My love [1 wk] [#5]
                              06 (03) Luca Hänni - She got me [2 wks] [#3]
                              07 (RE) Martin Garrix featuring Macklemore & Patrick Stump - Summer days [4 wks] [#7]
                              08 (08) Lil Nas X featuring Billy Ray Cyrus - Old town road [8 wks] [#3]
                              09 (04) Keiino - Spirit in the sky [2 wks] [#4]
                              10 (09) Avicii featuring Agnes & Vargas & Lagola - Tough love [3 wks] [#2]
                              11 (NE) Carly Rae Jepsen - Too much [1 wk] [#11]
                              12 (RE) Billie Eilish - bad guy [9 wks] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
                              13 (05) Kate Miller-Heidke - Zero gravity [2 wks] [#5]
                              14 (06) Michaela - Chameleon [2 wks] [#6]
                              15 (14) Lana Del Rey - Doin’ time [3 wks] [#3]
                              16 (NE) OneRepublic - Rescue me [1 wk] [#16]
                              17 (RE) Shawn Mendes - If i can’t have you [3 wks] [#5]
                              18 (17) Will Young - All the songs [11 wks] [#1] (3 wks @ #1)
                              19 (10) Madonna featuring Swae Lee - Crave [4 wks] [#2]
                              20 (12) Madonna & Maluma - Medellín [7 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)

The Hit Seeker

Katy Perry - Never really over

Comment

• JakeP Top 20 (8th June 2019)

01 (NE) Katy Perry - Never really over [1 wk] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
                                02 (NE) Freya Ridings - Castles [1 wk] [#2]
                                03 (01) Sigala & Becky Hill - Wish you well [2 wks] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
                                04 (02) Duncan Laurence - Arcade [3 wks] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
                                05 (NE) Miley Cyrus - Mother’s daughter [1 wk] [#5]
                                06 (05) Will Young - My love [2 wks] [#5]
                                07 (07) Martin Garrix featuring Macklemore & Patrick Stump - Summer days [5 wks] [#7]
                                08 (NE) Cheryl - Let you [1 wk] [#8]
                                09 (03) Mahmood - Soldi [3 wks] [#2]
                                10 (04) Rat City featuring Isak Heim - Kind of love [5 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
                                11 (06) Luca Hänni - She got me [3 wks] [#3]
                                12 (NE) Dermot Kennedy - Power over me [1 wk] [#12]
                                13 (10) Avicii featuring Agnes & Vargas & Lagola - Tough love [4 wks] [#2]
                                14 (NE) Astrid S - The first one [1 wk] [#14]
                                15 (08) Lil Nas X featuring Billy Ray Cyrus - Old town road [9 wks] [#3]
                                16 (16) OneRepublic - Rescue me [2 wks] [#16]
                                17 (09) Keiino - Spirit in the sky [3 wks] [#4]
                                18 (NE) Mark Ronson featuring Camila Cabello - Find u again [1 wk] [#18]
                                19 (NE) Tiësto, Jonas Blue & Rita Ora - Ritual [1 wk] [#19]
                                20 (14) Michaela - Chameleon [3 wks] [#6]

The Hit Seeker

Avicii - Heaven

Comment

• Wow, Katy has really captivated UKmix with her new one - I think I actually prefer her latest to any of her Witness singles. Also like Miley's latest and Mark Ronson's song. I don't know why Find U Again doesn't seem to be doing well on the charts - it seems like it's in the same vein as his Miley collab.

Comment

• 02 (NE) Freya Ridings - Castles [1 wk] [#2] - it's so nice, a slight change of direction for Freya this time

Comment

• Seeing Katy Perry on top of so many weekly charts here, I really need to listen to it ASAP. I am still rooting for her.

Comment

• Originally posted by JakeP View Post
                                        Thanks Fan

I'm great thanks. <3 LOL yes, you could say it was something of an invasion. I really do feel like this year, the absolute best songs from the final were in a completely different league to everything else, hence ending up with an unprecedented eurovision top 6. I have loved Arcade since the first time i watched the music video. It's such a gorgeous beautifully well written ballad that showcases Duncan's vocals perfectly. I was so delighted for the Netherlands being victorious with a well deserved win. Mahmood also did exceptionally well even for a #2, Soldi has been just as much of a favourite of mine too. Sometimes all i need is a really catchy bop and i'm happy - i don't really care if it sounds basic, it gives me life. Keiino's song is so typically eurovision but i just adore the pure pop with a slice of cheese in the middle. I agree Too late for love is Sweden's best entry imo since Heroes and these last couple of years have been quite lacklustre for me by comparison. So maybe Sweden are now poised to get that 7th win, who knows maybe 2020 with Sweden's year once again.

I've really liked all the tracks so far from Madame X but i was bitterly disappointed with Madonna's rather dreadful performance at eurovision. I do agree Future isn't as strong as the other three tracks and Crave actually benefitted from the music video effect but it was completely overshadowed by the eurovision final.

Will Young is a surefire new entry in my new chart although i must admit this new track isn't quite in the same league as All the songs which remains a tremendous pop bop. <3
                                        I absolutely agree! There were some very strong songs this year, usually I am not a big fan of most songs, but this year I am still playing Soldi, She Got Me and Arcade. Usually I stop playing the songs I like three days after the event has ended and just forget about them

The performance was certainly not her best, no! I was super excited, but it just did not work. The whole staging alone was terrible. During Like A Prayer I was constantly waiting for something to happen, but nothing..
                                        Thankfully she totally deliverd with the Dark Ballet video. What a piece of art! I love political Madonna <3

Yess Good to see him scoring another top 5! I read yesterday that the album is released tomorrow. Was not expecting that, thought it would be at a later point. Very curious.

Woo for both Katy and Miley who deliverd with those two tracks. I am mostly delighted with the Katy song, it is so catchy and such a big step up from her last era which did not do much for me unfortunately.

Let You has finally grown on me as well. Was very disappointed at first, but after playing it more and more it does seem to be catchy. Such a shame to see her doing so terrible on the charts these days though.

Power Over Me is a tuneeee!!

Oh my, btw, I saw the Spice Girls in Edinburgh on Saturday and it was the best experience ever I still cannot believe I have seen them now.
                                        i wanna see you on your knees, wanna see you begging

Comment

• Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
                                          Wow, Katy has really captivated UKmix with her new one - I think I actually prefer her latest to any of her Witness singles. Also like Miley's latest and Mark Ronson's song. I don't know why Find U Again doesn't seem to be doing well on the charts - it seems like it's in the same vein as his Miley collab.
                                          Thanks cheapthrills

I'm really happy to see Katy Perry proving so popular on UK Mix with her new single. It's such a joyous uplifting slice of pure pop that i adore.

Chained to the rhythm impacted quicker with me although it was released early on in 2017 when the competition was pretty much non existent. Never really over required a full week to really impact but i would say it's better than all the other singles from Witness quite comfortably.

Miley and Mark Ronson have held strong and are set for a second week in my chart - both songs looking likely to achieve new peaks too. As much as i enjoy Find u again, i still think Nothing breaks like a heart is exceptional. <3

Comment

02 (NE) Freya Ridings - Castles [1 wk] [#2] - it's so nice, a slight change of direction for Freya this time
                                            Thanks heppolo

I was so surprised when i first listened to Castles. It's great to hear Freya on an uptempo song but even in this instance, the Florence + The Machine-esque backing music makes this even more enjoyable. It's a really strong song and i'd love to see this become something of a chart hit.

Comment

• Originally posted by luckyONE View Post
                                              Seeing Katy Perry on top of so many weekly charts here, I really need to listen to it ASAP. I am still rooting for her.
                                              Thanks luckyONE

So have you had chance to listen to Never really over? It's just an amazing pop song and Katy really delivers on the track. It's so superior to 365 imo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fan View Post
                                                I absolutely agree! There were some very strong songs this year, usually I am not a big fan of most songs, but this year I am still playing Soldi, She Got Me and Arcade. Usually I stop playing the songs I like three days after the event has ended and just forget about them

The performance was certainly not her best, no! I was super excited, but it just did not work. The whole staging alone was terrible. During Like A Prayer I was constantly waiting for something to happen, but nothing..
                                                Thankfully she totally deliverd with the Dark Ballet video. What a piece of art! I love political Madonna <3

Yess Good to see him scoring another top 5! I read yesterday that the album is released tomorrow. Was not expecting that, thought it would be at a later point. Very curious.

Woo for both Katy and Miley who deliverd with those two tracks. I am mostly delighted with the Katy song, it is so catchy and such a big step up from her last era which did not do much for me unfortunately.

Let You has finally grown on me as well. Was very disappointed at first, but after playing it more and more it does seem to be catchy. Such a shame to see her doing so terrible on the charts these days though.

Power Over Me is a tuneeee!!

Oh my, btw, I saw the Spice Girls in Edinburgh on Saturday and it was the best experience ever I still cannot believe I have seen them now.
                                                Thanks Fan

LOL i've often been the same and really only tend to continue listening to my winners from the final whilst everything becomes an afterthought. Whereas this year both Duncan Laurence and Mahmood have done incredibly well. Soldi is virtually a joint winner for me but overall both songs are amazing in their own wonderful way, and i'm so happy these ended up as the top 2. <3

Yeah, the less said about Madonna at eurovision the better! I have to agree about the music video for Dark ballet. I love when music videos are engaging and keep me curiously watching in anticipation of what's happening next. I will admit though as a song i'm really unsure about the synth robotic ballet piece halfway through. For me it sounds disjointed from everything else. I adore that piano interlude though, that's something truly beautiful to listen to. It really does twist and turn in the most unexpected directions.

Ahh yes Lexicon was originally scheduled for release yesterday but has been pushed back to next Friday. I suspect the record label might've thought a combination of Bruce Springsteen, Madonna and the continued success of Lewis Capaldi's album might've hindered on the performance of Will Young's new album. I'm hoping Will does well next week as he's delivered two cracking bops so far. <3

Yay i definitely agree about Katy Perry and Miley Cyrus. Two sensational pop tracks that are going to continue being a chart force in my chart for another week.

I was quite disappointed for Cheryl that she brought a blissful synthpop bop but there was just no demand for the song. Quite like Love made me do it i sadly think it's destined to never climb and achieve a higher chart peak. A part of me wishes that Let me had been released first when the hype was building for Cheryl's return. I liked that song but it seemingly killed all the momentum in one full sweep.

Power over me is indeed a cracking track i discovered in the FSC last month (it got my 12 points too <3 ) and Dermot Kennedy is also set for another week in my chart.

Aww that's amazing. The fact the girls are still popular and able to sell concert tickets is a testament to their legacy. Out of all the pop groups, Spice Girls are the ones who define 90s pop culture so perfectly. <3

Comment

• JakeP Top 20 (15th June 2019)

01 (01) Katy Perry - Never really over [2 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
                                                  02 (03) Sigala & Becky Hill - Wish you well [3 wks] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
                                                  03 (05) Miley Cyrus - Mother’s daughter [2 wks] [#3]
                                                  04 (02) Freya Ridings - Castles [2 wks] [#2]
                                                  05 (06) Will Young - My love [3 wks] [#5]
                                                  06 (NE) Avicii - Heaven [1 wk] [#6]
                                                  07 (04) Duncan Laurence - Arcade [4 wks] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
                                                  08 (NE) Madonna - Dark ballet [1 wk] [#8]
                                                  09 (12) Dermot Kennedy - Power over me [2 wks] [#9]
                                                  10 (NE) Céline Dion - Flying on my own (live from Las Vegas) [1 wk] [#10]
                                                  11 (07) Martin Garrix featuring Macklemore & Patrick Stump - Summer days [6 wks] [#7]
                                                  12 (16) OneRepublic - Rescue me [3 wks] [#12]
                                                  13 (18) Mark Ronson featuring Camila Cabello - Find u again [2 wks] [#13]
                                                  14 (14) Astrid S - The first one [2 wks] [#14]
                                                  15 (09) Mahmood - Soldi [4 wks] [#2]
                                                  16 (10) Rat City featuring Isak Heim - Kind of love [6 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
                                                  17 (NE) Loïc Nottet - 29 [1 wk] [#17]
                                                  18 (NE) Todrick Hall - Nails, hair, hips, heels [1 wk] [#18]
                                                  19 (13) Avicii featuring Agnes & Vargas & Lagola - Tough love [5 wks] [#2]
                                                  20 (NE) Liam Gallagher - Shockwave [1 wk] [#20]

The Hit Seeker

Flume featuring London Grammar - Let you know

Comment

• Great new entry for Avicii. Loving Sigala, Will Young & Liam Gallagher too.
                                                    Ste's Personal Chart 2020

Comment

• Enjoying "My Love" even more after the music video has been released.

Comment

• YES!!! This "Never Really Over" domination is like a dream to witness (and other charts should follow your example) I definitely enjoyed some of Katy's output last era, but this track really exceeded my expectations. It's probably my favorite single of hers since..."Birthday"? (I know that one's not a particularly popular pick, but I'm a sucker for it) <3 How many No. 1's does Katy have now?
                                                        • Looks like Sigala scored another No. 1 right before Katy blew in. I gave "Wish You Well" a quick listen after seeing it over on steophonic's chart, but I'll add it now to give it a few more tries.
                                                        • Seems like Madonna was in an especially creative state of mind while recording Madame X (and had the freedom to follow those artistic inclinations). The results of that experimentation/exploration don't always work for me, like on "Dark Ballet," but she certainly crafted some more innovative, inspired material this time around. Curious to see if any other tracks will make a dent following its full release...
                                                        • Lovin' that jump for "Find U Again." I didn't fully get all the hype surrounding "Nothing Breaks Like A Heart," but this time Mark has me HOOKED! Hopefully there's a proper video in the works to help push it even higher here.

Yet another chart that has me over the moon, Jake!
                                                        last.fm

Comment

• "Arcade" out of your Top 5- what a disgrace :(

I'm warming up to Katy's latest single, though. It's quite fun and I love the asthetics of her music video. I haven't heard the new Will Young single yet (still waiting for the album to finally listen to it). Can't wait to buy it tomorrow!
                                                          I'm part of #TeamIDontGetDarkBallet but Madame X has some other great tracks to offer, hopefully "Extreme Occident" becomes a single!
                                                          Nice little debut for Loic.
                                                          Mainshow Goes Diva: Kylie Minogue

Comment

• Originally posted by steophonic View Post
                                                            Great new entry for Avicii. Loving Sigala, Will Young & Liam Gallagher too.
                                                            Thanks stephonic

I was anticipating the new Avicii track with Chris Martin and it was an enjoyable bop. I just found it became a bit too long considering it doesn't really change much towards the end and could've easily been about a minute shorter.

Sigala's hit rate is still in full flow, still love Wish you well. Will Young's new album sounds so promising based on the iTunes previews. I'm gonna check out the tracks on YouTube (if they're available) and it may well become my next album purchase. <3 Liam Gallagher's new track is typical of what i'd expect but in a UK chart full of mediocre grime rappers, i find a song like Shockwave surprisingly refreshing.

Comment

Enjoying "My Love" even more after the music video has been released.
                                                              Thanks heppolo

Have you had chance to check out Lexicon yet? I'm impressed with what i've heard from the previews. Love that you're enjoying My love. It still disappoints me that Will Young can't get another UK top 40 hit, even All the songs couldn't even manage that.

Comment

Working...
                                                              X