Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JSparksFan
    Moderator and Site Supporter
    • 24 Jul 2009

I just listened to your #1, and it's great! I'm going to be really pun-y and say it sounds like a keeper.

Good to see "Whatever You Want" debut fairly high here. It's definitely one of the strongest songs on the album...in fact, I think it might actually be my favourite song on the LP.

Boo at no (upward) movement for "Havana".

01 (NE) Mabel featuring Kojo Funds - Finders keepers [1 wk] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
    03 (01) Niall Horan - Too much to ask [5 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
    04 (02) Paloma Faith - Crybaby [4 wks] [#2]
    05 (04) Charlie Puth - How long [2 wks] [#4]
    06 (NE) P!nk - Whatever you want [1 wk] [#6]
    07 (03) Khalid - Young dumb & broke [4 wks] [#3]
    08 (05) Logic featuring Alessia Cara & Khalid - 1-800-273-8255 [7 wks] [#1] (3 wks @ #1)
    09 (09) Camila Cabello featuring Young Thug - Havana [4 wks] [#9]
    13 (06) P!nk - What about us [10 wks] [#1] (3 wks @ #1)
    14 (17) Portugal. The Man - Feel it still [14 wks] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
    15 (12) Maroon 5 featuring SZA - What lovers do [5 wks] [#10]
    16 (11) Sam Smith - Too good at goodbyes [5 wks] [#6]
    18 (10) P!nk - Beautiful trauma [2 wks] [#10]
    19 (NE) Lin-Manuel Miranda featuring Artists For Puerto Rico - Almost like praying [1 wk] [#19]
    Akini's Tribute to Donna Summer [#6]
    Your Billboard Top Ten: #1 Beautiful Things
    AlbumClash 2.0 [Kylie Minogue vs. The Libertines]
    Retro AlbumClash 2.0 [Katy Perry vs. No Doubt]

If honesty matters to you too much, the muscles of your jaws and neck will be forever knotted and your heart will crack. The wishes of business, the wishes of the clock, are all bigger than you. Bigger than humanity. Yielders are survivors. To yield is to be strong.

Comment

• JakeP
      Superstar
      • 19 Aug 2013

Originally posted by Phoenixx
      I didn't realize yet that the german Nena did a Song with Qween Zara But it sounds great
      I see you also like Khalid <3
      Thanks Marcus

Neither did i until i saw the thread in the pop forum. The new arrangement of Only you is so atmospheric, really makes the overall song come to life. I already knew who Nena was because 99 red balloons is an 80s classic. But i really think both their voices compliment each other so well.

Ohh i didn't realise you liked Khalid. Has he had any success in your chart before?

Comment

• JakeP
        Superstar
        • 19 Aug 2013

Originally posted by JSparksFan
        I just listened to your #1, and it's great! I'm going to be really pun-y and say it sounds like a keeper.

Good to see "Whatever You Want" debut fairly high here. It's definitely one of the strongest songs on the album...in fact, I think it might actually be my favourite song on the LP.

Boo at no (upward) movement for "Havana".

08 (05) Logic featuring Alessia Cara & Khalid - 1-800-273-8255 [7 wks] [#1] (3 wks @ #1)
        19 (NE) Lin-Manuel Miranda featuring Artists For Puerto Rico - Almost like praying [1 wk] [#19]
        Thanks Akini

LOL loving the pun! I heard it last weekend for the time and it just grabbed my attention. I love the vocal hooks in the chorus, it reminded me of some of the early 00s r'n'b music. Plus, Neneh Cherry is her mum so that is bound to give Mabel a big boost as i do like those 80s/90s songs like Buffalo stance and 7 seconds. I'm intrigued by what Mabel releases in 2018 but i have a really good feeling she is gonna be so successful, and that Finder keepers is like the song that's helping to gain new fans.

I wasn't so sure about getting Beautiful trauma but having listened to the iTunes snippets, some of those songs sound really promising especially those that made your chart yesterday. I'm still a bit 50/50 about getting Spotify though.

LOL at least Camila held steady, and there's still a good chance of Havana climbing to a new peak, just don't quote me on that.

Comment

• bluecherry
          Manager
          • 10 Jan 2016

02 (NE) Zara Larsson featuring Nena - Only you [1 wk] [#2]
          10 (RE) Haim - Little of your love [3 wks] [#10]
          20 (16) Stefflon Don & French Montana - Hurtin’ me [2 wks] [#16]
          Love these songs, I'm really getting back into 'Finders Keepers' recently!
          ? i bloom just for you ?

Comment

• JakeP
            Superstar
            • 19 Aug 2013

Originally posted by bluecherry
            20 (16) Stefflon Don & French Montana - Hurtin’ me [2 wks] [#16]
            Love these songs, I'm really getting back into 'Finders Keepers' recently!
            Thanks bluecherry

Ohh when did you first hear Finders keepers? It's still very much a new song to me.

Comment

• Phoenixx
              Legend
              • 03 Apr 2012

Originally posted by JakeP
              I didn't realize yet that the german Nena did a Song with Qween Zara But it sounds great
              I see you also like Khalid <3
              Thanks Marcus

Neither did i until i saw the thread in the pop forum. The new arrangement of Only you is so atmospheric, really makes the overall song come to life. I already knew who Nena was because 99 red balloons is an 80s classic. But i really think both their voices compliment each other so well.

Ohh i didn't realise you liked Khalid. Has he had any success in your chart before?
              Oh when I was a little kid I loved Nena so much. Now I only like her classics. You should take a listen on Nena & Kim Wilde Irgendwie, Irgendwo, Irgendwann / Anyplace, Anywhere, Anytime. It's still one of my favs. ;)

Yes, for example on Calvin Harris' "Rollin'" featuring Khalid or on Logic's "1-800-..." Khalid had success at my chart. But I love his voice and his new Song featured by Marshmello sounds also very cool

Comment

• JakeP
                Superstar
                • 19 Aug 2013

Oh when I was a little kid I loved Nena so much. Now I only like her classics. You should take a listen on Nena & Kim Wilde Irgendwie, Irgendwo, Irgendwann / Anyplace, Anywhere, Anytime. It's still one of my favs. ;)

Yes, for example on Calvin Harris' "Rollin'" featuring Khalid or on Logic's "1-800-..." Khalid had success at my chart. But I love his voice and his new Song featured by Marshmello sounds also very cool
                Oh wow i gave the Nena & Kim Wilde song a listen and its very good. I'm guessing this never got released in the UK which is a shame as Kim Wilde was also very successful in the 80s.

Ahh ok i wasn't so keen on Rollin' so practically forgot about that song to be honest! Ahh Logic's song is so lovely, i didn't realise it made your chart.

Comment

• crystalphoenix
                  Site Supporter
                  • 29 Nov 2007

I found rockstar on Soundcloud. So at least i've finally heard the song in its entirety and i made it to the end of the song but when it finished i was left wondering what the big deal is about the song. It's not a terrible song, but its not got any redeeming features that make me want to listen again. :-?

The lyrics to Where are ĂĽ now were kinda tragic but that song had immense production on the music itself which really helped the song come to life. I think Friends is a good pleasant pop song, but nothing more than that. Sorry remains quite comfortably Justin Bieber's best single to date.
                  Same, especially now that it's No. 1 on the Hot 100 too It definitely doesn't have the "UGH! Turn it OFF!" effect, but I'm not compelled to play it again either. Based on what I gathered from the lyrics, I suspect it must have a "Me Too"/"Fergalicious"-type effect on people: making them feel like hot sh*t/badasses/rockstars (of course, for an audience that would probably never listen to Meghan Trainor or Fergie.) Also - the way he sings the last word in each line of each the chorus in kind of catchy, I guess? Any rate, like you were saying, I'm not really bothered by its success either, just a tad perplexed...

Not "Eenie Meenie"?!? Kidding aside (though I did actually kind of love that one), "Sorry" is an EXCELLENT pick, and I'd probably say the same. "What Do You Mean" provides some stiff competition. As I was browsing through Bieber's discography on Wikipedia (to make sure I wasn't forgetting any other high-quality singles), I realized how I'd completely forgotten about that entire mega-flop Journals era that happened right before Purpose (which just makes its mega-comeback mega-success all the more impressive....)

But the success of Khalid really is remarkable in how its all happened around the same time. Quite the feat and makes me wonder if we'll see more newcomers having similar success, a kind of building up to their big success. I might be too quick to make this prediction but Khalid might end up like Post Malone having gradual success with his current album, so that when Khalid brings out the first single from his next album it could be a monster global smash. And if that happens i'm most definitely a music psychic

LOL it took me a while to figure out all those chart facts. There were more than i original expected. 25 was just world shattering with its success but Adele backed it all up with excellent tracks. There wasn't a single track on that album that i didn't like.
                  I'd certainly welcome that (partially because I can understand/appreciate all the buzz around him better than all the buzz around Post Malone...)

Woah! So 25 is a truly flawless album for you? That's a rare treat indeed! Even when it comes to my all-time-favorite acts, there's usually at least one track on every album that, while not necessarily TERRIBLE, is kind of the...runt of the litter Off the top of my head, Kylie's Fever is one of the ones that comes the closest to consistent perfection.

Oops too late! I knew Post Malone would be #1 because of his lead on Spotify is too strong. I even think we'll see rockstar #1 for a few more weeks yet. I just hope it's not another 10+ weeks at #1 because it really wouldn't be justified. Even Shape of you and Despacito had more appeal to me.
                  Ah, my bad for posting/asking at basically the last second. I haven't read anything about this week's race in the UK, but after a quick look at kworb, it seems like "Rockstar"s streaming lead could negate "Havana"s sales lead. I didn't know "ReggaetĂłn Lento" had been discounted, so I'd love to see that earn a new peak!

LOL Liam really was the ultimate anticlimax. He was even shirtless on the single cover for Strip that down but that song is still one of the worst songs i've heard all year. :evil: So even a hot music video wouldn't have saved that song for me!
                  I 110% agree about the single cover AND teaser trailer looking NOTHING like the final video...but I didn't realize your disdain for the song itself was that strong It won't exactly be making the Paulboard Top 50 of 2017 with its run of *7* - 12 - 18 - OUT, but it had a bit of...cheesy charm to it (I suspect Ed deserves the credit for that.) I'm always amused by that part where he name-drops 1D, and proceeds to rhyme it with "now I'm out free..."

LOL you were talking about bribing earlier? Yes, that's what Paloma did. She's disgusted that she only got to #2 and has stopped replying to my pm's as a result. Crybaby definitely benefitted from me buying the track and listening to the song fairly frequently all last week.
                  I never knew she could be such a bitter critter! Guess I should say "diva"...

Well, although her chances at No. 1 are down the drain, I'm glad she at least put in the "work" to get that Top 2 peak! ;)

Ahh i thought you already knew! I do like the track, it's even grown on me a little despite me also listening to Whatever you want during the week. I've already listened to Revenge tonight out of sheer anticipation and i think it's safe to say What about us will be by far the biggest single off this album. Not heard the rest of the album yet but after four tracks, What about us is the only one that i want to go back and listen to. I'm hoping there will be at least one other track on the album that i truly love.
                  I was surprised by how quickly (and strongly) "Revenge" grew on me. It was definitely one of those cases where the iTunes preview failed to sell me on it, but once I'd heard it in full, I couldn't get the chorus out of my head! It doesn't sound like any of her previous singles, which is a nice plus, and although I still love "Beautiful Trauma" too, I'm much less butthurt about it missing out on official-single-status now I'd love to see "Revenge" become this era's "Just Give Me A Reason."

12 (08) Marshmello featuring Khalid - Silence [4 wks] [#4]
                  • Oooh...your new No. 1 is catchy indeed, especially that part you mentioned in your response to Fan! Jakeboard breaking THE breakthrough artist of 2018, perhaps...?
                  • I guess Tansike must've taken a cue from Paloma's payola and PMed you some n00dz to get that debut for "Only You"?
                  • Yet another solid selection from P!nk in the form of "Whatever You Want" (especially the first couple lines of the chorus), but it seems we're the most drawn to opposite offerings so far (with "Beautiful Trauma" + "Revenge" really hooking me, but the reverse for you.)
                  • Aw, hopefully "Silence" doesn't get silenced just yet! Granted, it "only" lasted five weeks total over on my chart, so we might wind up having that in common...
                  • If Tansike's n00dz can get "Only You" all the way to No. 2, I guess Adam Levine's must've never arrived (Or only warranted a No. 10 peak...)

Yet another chart I'm glad to have found, Jake!
                  last.fm​ ❖ Top 30​

Comment

• JakeP
                    Superstar
                    • 19 Aug 2013

Originally posted by phoenix98
                    Same, especially now that it's No. 1 on the Hot 100 too It definitely doesn't have the "UGH! Turn it OFF!" effect, but I'm not compelled to play it again either. Based on what I gathered from the lyrics, I suspect it must have a "Me Too"/"Fergalicious"-type effect on people: making them feel like hot sh*t/badasses/rockstars (of course, for an audience that would probably never listen to Meghan Trainor or Fergie.) Also - the way he sings the last word in each line of each the chorus in kind of catchy, I guess? Any rate, like you were saying, I'm not really bothered by its success either, just a tad perplexed...

Not "Eenie Meenie"?!? Kidding aside (though I did actually kind of love that one), "Sorry" is an EXCELLENT pick, and I'd probably say the same. "What Do You Mean" provides some stiff competition. As I was browsing through Bieber's discography on Wikipedia (to make sure I wasn't forgetting any other high-quality singles), I realized how I'd completely forgotten about that entire mega-flop Journals era that happened right before Purpose (which just makes its mega-comeback mega-success all the more impressive....)
                    I think it was inevitable that Post Malone would be #1 in America sooner or later. Maybe the lack of an official audio or music video was what prevented rockstar from going all the way to #1 in its first week. Interesting comparison! I wouldn't have thought that myself but thinking about it, you're right. The overall theme of the song is similar. It might even be a slow burner and i'll eventually think the song is good enough to make my top 20 but for the time being, its not even close to consideration.

LOL not really. I really wasn't into early Justin Bieber. I think listening to Baby followed by Sorry is the most impressive. You can literally hear how much Justin has matured in both voice and sound, and i think this is why he's appealed to more people with his Purpose era. It's like Cruz Beckham when he released that christmas song last year. Bless! But when he's 18, Cruz might be in a similar position where his music appeals to more people.

The Journals era was quite forgettable, i can't even recall any of the songs he released, they certainly didn't leave much to the imagination. As long as you love me was one of my early favourite Justin songs though.

I'd certainly welcome that (partially because I can understand/appreciate all the buzz around him better than all the buzz around Post Malone...)

Woah! So 25 is a truly flawless album for you? That's a rare treat indeed! Even when it comes to my all-time-favorite acts, there's usually at least one track on every album that, while not necessarily TERRIBLE, is kind of the...runt of the litter Off the top of my head, Kylie's Fever is one of the ones that comes the closest to consistent perfection.
                    Sometimes it's fun to think which current artists might go onto become even more popular in another 18 months or 2 years time. The music industry seems to have shifted. At one time, artists would have big hits with their debut single whereas now artists are gaining popularity whilst in the charts and that leads to rappers like Post Malone having such a massive track.

Yes, 25 was outstanding. One of the few albums where i genuinely liked every track on the album. Obviously there were some songs i liked more than others. Tracks like Hello, When we were young and Water under the bridge were all outstanding songs. Then on the flip side there were songs like River lea, I miss you and Remedy that i liked but i didn't really go back and listen to them multiple times compared to other album tracks.

Ah, my bad for posting/asking at basically the last second. I haven't read anything about this week's race in the UK, but after a quick look at kworb, it seems like "Rockstar"s streaming lead could negate "Havana"s sales lead. I didn't know "ReggaetĂłn Lento" had been discounted, so I'd love to see that earn a new peak!
                    I think this week's chart is gonna be a bit uneventful although ReggaetĂłn lento could achieve a new peak of #4, i think #3 might be too much of an ask but you never know. That said, i'm delighted the JakeP effect has given Mabel a big boost into the top 10. My chart was clearly what made all the difference!

I 110% agree about the single cover AND teaser trailer looking NOTHING like the final video...but I didn't realize your disdain for the song itself was that strong It won't exactly be making the Paulboard Top 50 of 2017 with its run of *7* - 12 - 18 - OUT, but it had a bit of...cheesy charm to it (I suspect Ed deserves the credit for that.) I'm always amused by that part where he name-drops 1D, and proceeds to rhyme it with "now I'm out free..."
                    Ahh see the things about Strip that down that amuse you are the exact things that made me cringe. I just thought the whole thing was very contrived and try hard, that type of desperation to have a successful hit single. I mean it worked because it was successful, even going top 10 in America but sadly i've not been a fan ever since its release and its never come close to growing on me. For me, it's a very empty song.

What's worse is that i gave Bedroom floor i listen before on YouTube and i'm just amazed at how lazy Liam's music is. Get low was a good song, not anything amazing but it had a great beat to it. I really thought Liam would deliver songs that i would love, but so far he's disappointed me.

I never knew she could be such a bitter critter! Guess I should say "diva"...

Well, although her chances at No. 1 are down the drain, I'm glad she at least put in the "work" to get that Top 2 peak! ;)
                    !!!!

Crybaby might've missed out on #1 thanks to that pesky Niall Horan getting in the way with his sheer amazingness. But Paloma is looking set to hold up really well in my next chart. Paloma should be thankful. Other artists have had massive bitch fights just to get to #2 in my chart and fallen short. That Paloma is so ungrateful...

I was surprised by how quickly (and strongly) "Revenge" grew on me. It was definitely one of those cases where the iTunes preview failed to sell me on it, but once I'd heard it in full, I couldn't get the chorus out of my head! It doesn't sound like any of her previous singles, which is a nice plus, and although I still love "Beautiful Trauma" too, I'm much less butthurt about it missing out on official-single-status now I'd love to see "Revenge" become this era's "Just Give Me A Reason."
                    I managed to listen to P!nk's album on YouTube and i can't explain it but i find Revenge really corny and lacklustre. Yet i've heard some really solid pop songs on the album, some i've played multiple times and they're looking set to enter my new chart. I need to get some more credit for my iTunes account so i can start buying loads of tracks again. I'll just buy myself an iTunes gift card and credit my account that way. I'm so old fashioned!!!!!

Have you bought, or heard Beautiful trauma yet? If so which tracks are your personal highlights. I've got a few already but i'll wait until tomorrow to reveal which songs i like the most. Ohh the anticipation!

• Oooh...your new No. 1 is catchy indeed, especially that part you mentioned in your response to Fan! Jakeboard breaking THE breakthrough artist of 2018, perhaps...?
                    • I guess Tansike must've taken a cue from Paloma's payola and PMed you some n00dz to get that debut for "Only You"?
                    • Yet another solid selection from P!nk in the form of "Whatever You Want" (especially the first couple lines of the chorus), but it seems we're the most drawn to opposite offerings so far (with "Beautiful Trauma" + "Revenge" really hooking me, but the reverse for you.)
                    • Aw, hopefully "Silence" doesn't get silenced just yet! Granted, it "only" lasted five weeks total over on my chart, so we might wind up having that in common...
                    • If Tansike's n00dz can get "Only You" all the way to No. 2, I guess Adam Levine's must've never arrived (Or only warranted a No. 10 peak...)

Yet another chart I'm glad to have found, Jake!
                    I saw the video to Finders keepers on MTV hits, thats how i heard the song for the first time. It clicked with me instantly and it was 59p on iTunes so it was a no brainer really and i bought the track. Funny you say that, have you heard of Neneh Cherry? She was very successful in the late 80s and 90s which suggests that Mabel could easily become the next big thing. Also if you watch the music video to Finders keepers on YouTube, right at the end theres a small preview of the next single and that sounds like its gonna be big. It's become more difficult to predict future hits because of the shift in the charts with Spotify but i do think the new Mabel single could be #1 whenever its released (likely to be early 2018). I'm just happy to see Finders keepers becoming successful for now, such a bop.

Sadly not, i think Tansike was on holiday last week. Shame as some n00dz would've certainly brightened up my week. I adore the new version of Only you though, its so dark and atmospheric.

Whatever you want has become quite the favourite of mine. I still prefer What about us overall but as i posted above there will be some other album tracks making my chart. I've not bought Beautiful trauma yet so once i've credited my iTunes account i can consider whether to buy the album or not.

Silence should definitely get another week in my top 20. LOL i never got n00dz from Adam Levine either. This is getting me all jealous. How often are you getting sent n00dz, how big is your collection and can you send me some? (Adam's pics would certainly put him back into the top 10 for sure! Now, imagine if Niall sent me his n00dz today to celebrate the release of Flicker...)

Comment

• JakeP
                      Superstar
                      • 19 Aug 2013

JakeP Top 20 (21st October 2017)

01 (01) Mabel featuring Kojo Funds - Finders keepers [2 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
                      02 (NE) P!nk - Where we go [1 wk] [#2]
                      03 (04) Paloma Faith - Crybaby [5 wks] [#2]
                      04 (NE) P!nk - I am here [1 wk] [#4]
                      05 (05) Charlie Puth - How long [3 wks] [#4]
                      06 (03) Niall Horan - Too much to ask [6 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
                      07 (09) Camila Cabello featuring Young Thug - Havana [5 wks] [#7]
                      08 (02) Zara Larsson featuring Nena - Only you [2 wks] [#2]
                      09 (NE) P!nk - But we lost it [1 wk] [#9]
                      10 (06) P!nk - Whatever you want [2 wks] [#6]
                      11 (07) Khalid - Young dumb & broke [5 wks] [#3]
                      12 (12) Marshmello featuring Khalid - Silence [5 wks] [#4]
                      13 (08) Logic featuring Alessia Cara & Khalid - 1-800-273-8255 [8 wks] [#1] (3 wks @ #1)
                      14 (NE) Kodaline - Ready to change [1 wk] [#14]
                      15 (13) P!nk - What about us [11 wks] [#1] (3 wks @ #1)
                      16 (NE) Pink - Secrets [1 wk] [#16]
                      17 (20) Stefflon Don & French Montana - Hurtin’ me [3 wks] [#16]
                      18 (NE) Imagine Dragons - Whatever it takes [1 wk] [#18]
                      19 (14) Portugal. The Man - Feel it still [15 wks] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
                      20 (17) Rae Morris - Do it [2 wks] [#17]

The Hit Seeker

Rita Ora - Anywhere

Comment

• Mainshow
                        Legend
                        • 06 Apr 2012

Too much P!nk for my taste but I haven't listened to her new release yet. I think I have to buy that album next week anyway (since I will be in Poland and CDs are not that expensive there and my mother loves P!nk and begged me to give her that album as a present (thank you, TV and newspaper ads).
                        Anyway, I love the cover, though! I think it's her best album cover to date!

I still like your #1 and it's great to see "how Long" being stable. "Havana"'s new peak is well-deserved, it needs to be part of your Top 5 soon, though!
                        Nice and cute debut for "Whatever It Takes". It will surely rise, though ;)
                        Mainshow Goes Diva: Kylie Minogue

Comment

• JakeP
                          Superstar
                          • 19 Aug 2013

Originally posted by Mainshow
                          Too much P!nk for my taste but I haven't listened to her new release yet. I think I have to buy that album next week anyway (since I will be in Poland and CDs are not that expensive there and my mother loves P!nk and begged me to give her that album as a present (thank you, TV and newspaper ads).
                          Anyway, I love the cover, though! I think it's her best album cover to date!

I still like your #1 and it's great to see "how Long" being stable. "Havana"'s new peak is well-deserved, it needs to be part of your Top 5 soon, though!
                          Nice and cute debut for "Whatever It Takes". It will surely rise, though ;)
                          Aww, i love P!nk and to be honest i haven't actually bought Beautiful trauma yet. I managed to find the songs on YouTube and was listening to the songs there. I'd say its a good album but the tracks that made my top 20 are the best of the album tracks as well as the title track, even though i hardly played song all last week. So the rest of the album will need to grow on me if those songs have any chance of entering my chart, especially if any of them get released as an official single.

I will be surprised if Where we go isn't a single at some point.

LOL tv doing its job in using the power of advertising to entice people to buy a copy whilst doing their weekly shopping. The album cover is very striking, i think Funhouse is my favourite artwork though. It looks more fun with the carousel horse.

Mabel still had a comfortable second week at #1. It's impressive just how much airplay this song seems to have had on the music channels compared to the previous. Now that Finders keepers is top 10 in the UK i think this will continue climbing.

Charlie Puth was looking likely to slip out of the top 5 but then the music video was uploaded to YouTube yesterday, and thats helped to keep How long in the top 5. Havana is slowly building up nicely, not sure whether this is destined for the top 5 as it looks like this week could be a big week for new singles and one particular album from a certain young irish guy i'm interested in checking out.

Imagine Dragons finally cracked my top 20 again thanks to the music video for Whatever it takes getting released. LOL right now i couldn't even begin to think what my next chart is gonna look like. Their previous two singles entered lower down and climbed to their peak, so this could well follow in the footsteps.

Comment

• Mainshow
                            Legend
                            • 06 Apr 2012

Tbh, I've always been afraid of P!nk. In my head, she was always that hardcore lesbian being able to beat me up at night without mercy when I was young and a twinkful teen. And there's also something about her voice which doesn't appealing to me. I know she's a great vocalist and a true artist and a hell of a performer but I am just not a huge fan of her voice (I prefer clear, more angelic or bitchy voices). BUT.. she clearly has some amazing tunes which I can't deny. So we will see if I will get into her music with this new era. - Oh, and you should be ashamed of not having bought her new album yet. I mean, I knew you were a huge fan of hers.. that's why I am so surprised you haven't bought it yet.

"Funhouse"'s cover is indeed very amazing, too. Wasn't it that time when Take That, P!nk and Britney - they all - went for Circus-themed longplayers? - You know that I love Britney and I argue that her music was the best from all three but seriously, the album cover of "Circus" is such a mess, the epitome of a photoshop-fail and the colours are horrible as well. I have always been jealous at P!nk for having a flawless album cover (while Britney's cover was a huge flop).

Oh!!! I had no clue Charlie's music video is out! Thanks for mentioning it! I will have a look!

HAHA! Niall's album is flawless! I will also buy it in Poland (as long as I can find the Deluxe version of it). So you better expect a Top 10 debut for him in that amazing country which is - btw - a freaking underrated tourist destination!
                            Mainshow Goes Diva: Kylie Minogue

Comment

• JakeP
                              Superstar
                              • 19 Aug 2013

Tbh, I've always been afraid of P!nk. In my head, she was always that hardcore lesbian being able to beat me up at night without mercy when I was young and a twinkful teen. And there's also something about her voice which doesn't appealing to me. I know she's a great vocalist and a true artist and a hell of a performer but I am just not a huge fan of her voice (I prefer clear, more angelic or bitchy voices). BUT.. she clearly has some amazing tunes which I can't deny. So we will see if I will get into her music with this new era. - Oh, and you should be ashamed of not having bought her new album yet. I mean, I knew you were a huge fan of hers.. that's why I am so surprised you haven't bought it yet.
                              Whoa! That's a bit harsh. My iTunes account was low on credit so thats why i never bought it, i haven't bought Niall's yet. I still feel weird using my credit card online and have always purchased those gift cards and then redeemed them to credit my account. It just feels safer to do that. I was hoping to pick one up today whilst out shopping but i've ended up being preoccupied with other things this afternoon so will pick one up when i go shopping tomorrow.

That said, i don't buy lots of albums anyways. I tend to download the tracks i truly love, and then if other songs grow on me then i opt for the complete my album and then i have all the songs.

"Funhouse"'s cover is indeed very amazing, too. Wasn't it that time when Take That, P!nk and Britney - they all - went for Circus-themed longplayers? - You know that I love Britney and I argue that her music was the best from all three but seriously, the album cover of "Circus" is such a mess, the epitome of a photoshop-fail and the colours are horrible as well. I have always been jealous at P!nk for having a flawless album cover (while Britney's cover was a huge flop).

Oh!!! I had no clue Charlie's music video is out! Thanks for mentioning it! I will have a look!

HAHA! Niall's album is flawless! I will also buy it in Poland (as long as I can find the Deluxe version of it). So you better expect a Top 10 debut for him in that amazing country which is - btw - a freaking underrated tourist destination!
                              LOL you're right, i hadn't even thought of that. Funny how they all had the same theme at the same time. Wow, you really dislike the Circus cover. I wouldn't say it was that bad, and Britney still looks lovely on the cover.

Charlie's new music video is interesting. It does get a bit repetitive and i felt like it could've done with some additional scenes just to break it all up a bit better as its quite samey throughout. Still, if it can help sell the single then that's a good thing.

I would love to visit Poland. I've only ever seen parts of Poland on tv when they televise the annual men's cycling event Tour of Poland. I tend to look at all the scenery in the background because it all looks so breathtaking. Are there any particular websites you use when booking holidays? For eg, which hotels do you stay in?

Comment

• Fan
                                Legend
                                • 11 Jun 2006

Slay Mabel <3

And good to see so many Pink entries, even though my two favourite album tracks (Beautiful Trauma & Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken) are missing. Overall a good album and I Am Here is quite the tune.

Had no idea Kodaline had a new one out, need to check it out.

And woo for the Rita mention, hoping for a high entry next week.
                                without any meaning, we're just skin and bones
                                like beautiful robots dancing alone

Comment

• JakeP
                                  Superstar
                                  • 19 Aug 2013

Originally posted by Fan
                                  Slay Mabel <3

And good to see so many Pink entries, even though my two favourite album tracks (Beautiful Trauma & Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken) are missing. Overall a good album and I Am Here is quite the tune.

Had no idea Kodaline had a new one out, need to check it out.

And woo for the Rita mention, hoping for a high entry next week.
                                  I'm loving the fact that Mabel has now gone top 10 in the UK. Now i'm hoping the song can keep climbing in the coming weeks.

I think P!nk has done a great job with her album. Granted, i'm not sold on every single track but there are more highlights than lowlights. Ahh Wild hearts can't be broken just missed the cut so would be just outside the top 20. Still, the song could easily enter next week or in the coming weeks. I am here is such a great track, i've really taken to this song considering after the first couple of plays i was a bit unsure.

Yes, Kodaline showed up on my YouTube list. I love their music videos so much, they really put effort into creating something visually striking whilst having that emotional connection. When i saw the video to Brother for the time i actually got teary eyed.

Rita Ora has possibly just released her best song yet. I'm loving Anywhere so much it's definitely gonna be big in my chart. I'd love to see this become a big successful hit for Rita.

Comment

• bluecherry
                                    Manager
                                    • 10 Jan 2016

- Great to see Mabel at number one again! The song re-entered my chart this week after its original release. I think its a great (albeit unexpected) top ten hit.
                                    - 'Crybaby' however deserved a lot more chartwise in the UK, and I'm glad its been so successful on here. Have you enjoyed much of her stuff on your chart previously?
                                    - Charlie Puth's track didn't hit me as on 'Attention's level to begin with but its suddenly clicked with me and looks set to debut on my chart in the coming weeks - the same for 'Havana' which is currently sitting at #35.
                                    - I love this version of 'Only You' and really believe that its a greater version than the original.
                                    - 'What About Us' striked me as watered down P!nk initially but recently I can see the charm. I'm not a fan of her latest album (especially 'Revenge') but I really hope it can grow on me (not 'Revenge' though, pigs would fly )
                                    - 'Hurtin' Me' is one of my favourite recent songs and I really hope she can continue to break through.
                                    ? i bloom just for you ?

Comment

• luckyONE
                                      Superstar
                                      • 07 Feb 2012

Well, I do love the amount of P!NK songs here. She'll always have a special place in my heart, she was one of the first artists I was a fan of.
                                      Hope she can be #1 in the next week(s), too, though.

Comment

• JakeP
                                        Superstar
                                        • 19 Aug 2013

Originally posted by bluecherry

- Great to see Mabel at number one again! The song re-entered my chart this week after its original release. I think its a great (albeit unexpected) top ten hit.
                                        - 'Crybaby' however deserved a lot more chartwise in the UK, and I'm glad its been so successful on here. Have you enjoyed much of her stuff on your chart previously?
                                        - Charlie Puth's track didn't hit me as on 'Attention's level to begin with but its suddenly clicked with me and looks set to debut on my chart in the coming weeks - the same for 'Havana' which is currently sitting at #35.
                                        - I love this version of 'Only You' and really believe that its a greater version than the original.
                                        - 'What About Us' striked me as watered down P!nk initially but recently I can see the charm. I'm not a fan of her latest album (especially 'Revenge') but I really hope it can grow on me (not 'Revenge' though, pigs would fly )
                                        - 'Hurtin' Me' is one of my favourite recent songs and I really hope she can continue to break through.
                                        Thanks bluecherry

Mabel is definitely gonna be one to watch in 2018. I'm loving that snippet of her new song that you hear right at the end of the Finders keepers video. I'm more surprised that i'd never heard this before earlier, it was thanks to MTV that i finally heard this gem.

Yes i agree it's such a shame that Spotify is so dominant now as its really giving more urban and r'n'b songs a boost. I would love to see more variety in the charts but whilst Spotify is in control this is never gonna happen.

I'm interested in seeing the music video to Havana, its been fascinating seeing this track come into its own over these past two months. But i'm glad it worked out this way as OMG did nothing me when the two songs were released together.

Yes, the Zara & Nena version is amazing. I thought the original version was ok but it didn't give me much replay value hence why it failed to make my chart. The new arrangement makes the song sound so much more special, almost magical in a sense.

Aww, i've been loving What about us ever since i first heard it. It was just one of those songs that clicked instantly with me. I'm inclined to agree that overall the album isn't strong throughout and as i result i've just decided to cherry pick my absolute favourites on iTunes instead. But the highlights are all amazing songs, Where we go and I am here are the two exceptional album tracks and would be my choice for the next official singles. Still not feeling Revenge, as much as i want to enjoy the song it's just not happening.

Hurtin' me is certainly a more quirky track. I found the lyrics funny at first, i wasn't expecting the "bacon" line but i do like this song. I think Mabel has done the far superior track though as both are quite similar in style.

Comment

• JakeP
                                          Superstar
                                          • 19 Aug 2013

Originally posted by luckyONE
                                          Well, I do love the amount of P!NK songs here. She'll always have a special place in my heart, she was one of the first artists I was a fan of.
                                          Hope she can be #1 in the next week(s), too, though.
                                          Thanks luckyONE

I need to check out your latest chart. Have you bought Beautiful trauma? If so, which tracks off the album are you loving?

Comment

Working...