Singles that missed the top 40:

Ring Ring
    Waterloo
    Honey Honey
    So Long
    I Do I Do I Do I Do I Do
    Does Your Mother Know
    I Have A Dream
    Under Attack (which is the single with the worst cover photo in the history of music )

Comment

Nice! I'm super curious about your Top 5 ABBA songs.

Comment

40. The Name Of The Game (1977, first single release from "The Album")
        UK #1 (4x), Belgium #2, Ireland #2, Netherlands #2, Sweden #2, Norway #3, South Africa #3, New Zealand #4, Zimbabwe #4, Finland #5, Australia #6, Switzerland #6, Germany #7, Mexico #10, US #12

39. The King Has Lost His Crown (1979, album track from "Voulez-Vous")

38. Elaine (1980, b-side to "The Winner Takes It All")

37. Soldiers (1981, album track from "The Visitors")

36. Thank You For The Music (1978, taken from "The Album", released as a single in some territories in 1978 and in the UK in 1983)
        South Africa #2 (1978), UK # 33 (1983)

Comment

Good list. Nothing in those five that stands out as uber-faves from them but nothing I dislike either.
          My top 100 artists (2018 edition)

Comment

Ah, I'm excited for this! Let me check out the first five.

The Name of the Game: 9/10 - Wow, this was really good! Quality production and great lyrics.

The King Has Lost His Crown: 8.5/10 - Ugh, their music is so good! I can't really say anything negative about this. The delivery was really quirky in parts.

Elaine: 9/10 - So catchy! Really, they have so few bad songs.

Soldiers: 8/10 - Really good track. Not quite as incredible as some of the other songs in their discography though.

Thank You For The Music: 10/10 - OMG, much thanks for charting this! I have not heard this in ages! I remember hearing it as a kid growing up and not knowing who was the act that recorded it but then not caring either, only caring about how much I loved it! Ah, the nostalgia!
            Akini's Top 100 Albums of All-Time: [#75]
            Akini's Favourite TV Series: [5-1!]
            Your Billboard Top Ten: #1 About Damn Time [2 weeks]
            AlbumClash 2.0: [Beyoncé vs. Calvin Harris]
            The Killers: Pressure Machine Album Survivor [Results]

I'm not saying I love you unconditionally, but we have been through a shitload of conditions and I'm still here.

Comment

Nice list. I love "Under Attack" though but I agree the cover is weird. Like the girls don't even look like themselves?
              “B**** come here! B**** come here! B**** come here!”

“I’m staying right here.”

Comment

Originally posted by Mikerocha
                Nice list. I love "Under Attack" though but I agree the cover is weird. Like the girls don't even look like themselves?
                They should have sued the photographer!

Comment

Aside from Gold and a couple of randoms I need to check out some ABBA songs, so I'll go by your list.
                  The Name Of The Game: not my favourite single of theirs but still good.
                  The King Has Lost His Crown: OMFG loved it, especially the chorus.
                  Elaine: great, the chorus will be stuck in my head for ages!
                  Soldiers: yeah, not their best but still nice.
                  Thank You For The Music: in my Top 3 ABBA songs of all-time. Perfection.

Comment

ABBA were my first favourite band as a kid, and i feel nostalgic when i hear them.
                    Ring ring and Does your mother know will be in my top 20 if i doing my own ABBA chart.
                    My top 3 are Eagle, Knowing me knowing you and the Name of the game. We will see if we match (sadly one's got away).

Comment

Thanks for the comments

Comment

35. Slipping Through My Fingers (1981, album track from "The Visitors")

34. Head Over Heels (1982, second single release from "The Visitors" in Europe)
                        Belgium #2, Netherlands #4, Austria #8, France #10, Germany #19, UK #25

33. Hole In Your Soul (1978, album track from "The Album")

32. Our Last Summer (1980, album track from "Super Trouper")

31. I Let The Music Speak (1981, album track from "The Visitors")

Comment

I checked your links and my favourites gotta be Hole In Your Soul and The Name Of the Game.

Now that album cover... scary!

Comment

Originally posted by Wardo
                            Now that album cover... scary!
                            It was the cover to their very last single "Under Attack" in late 1982 which was a flop by their standards.

Comment

Slipping Through My Fingers is nice enough, strong message behind the song.
                              Head Over Heals is pretty cool.
                              Hole In Your Soul - wow a bit more rockier for ABBA. They do well with the vocals but it's not catchy enough for my liking.
                              Our Last Summer is gorgeous.
                              I Let The Music Speak - really quite atmospheric and different from what I've heard of them but it's a great song!

Comment

30. The Way Old Friends Do (1980, album track from "Super Trouper")

29. Dreamworld (1978, unreleased until 1994)

28. On And On And On (1980, taken from "Super Trouper", released as a single in some countries)
                                Australia #9

27. Summer Night City (1978, worldwide single)
                                Finland #1, Ireland #1 (1x), Sweden #1 (1x), Belgium #2, Norway #3, Zimbabwe #4, Netherlands #5, Switzerland #5, UK #5, Germany #6, Mexico #10, Japan #24

26. The Visitors (1981, a single release in the US from the album of the same name)
                                US #63

Comment

I like especially The Name Of The Game, Thank You For The Music, Summer Night City and On And On And On!

https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...-first-edition

https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...-first-edition

Comment

I love the videos you've chosen for some of the album tracks.

Comment

Originally posted by Grybop
                                      I love the videos you've chosen for some of the album tracks.
                                      Thanks, the videos you are referring to are from a person called RJS, he/she really did a fantastic job.

Comment

25. Super Trouper (1980, second single release from the album of the same name)
                                        Germany #1 (5x), Belgium #1 (4x), Ireland #1 (3x), UK #1 (3x), Netherlands #1 (2x), Norway #2, Austria #3, Mexico #3, Switzerland #3, France #4, Finland #5, Spain #8

24. Kisses Of Fire (1979, album track from "Voulez-Vous")

23. Happy New Year (1980, album track from "Super Trouper", released as a single in some countries in 1999 and as a download)
                                        Sweden #4 (2004), Norway #5 (2009), Netherlands #8 (2011)

22. Fernando (1976, worldwide single)
                                        Australia #1 (14x), Switzerland #1 (11x), New Zealand #1 (9x), Austria #1 (8x), Germany #1 (7x), Ireland #1 (6x), South Africa #1 (6x), Mexico #1 (5x), UK #1 (4x), Belgium #1 (3x), France #1 (3x), Netherlands #1 (3x), Finland #2, Norway #2, Sweden #2, Zimbabwe #2, Spain #3, Canada #4, Italy #6, US #13

21. Cassandra (1982, b-side to "The Day Before You Came")

Comment

I'm dancing to On and On and On now!

Kisses Of Fire is pretty good, I didn't remember it! The beggining is so theatrical and suddenly it grows. I like when they sing 'kisses of fireee'.

Comment

Originally posted by Wardo
                                            I'm dancing to On and On and On now!

Kisses Of Fire is pretty good, I didn't remember it! The beggining is so theatrical and suddenly it grows. I like when they sing 'kisses of fireee'.
                                            Glad you like these! Best thing about "On And On And On" are the lyrics. I also like the beginning of "Kisses Of Fire" and how it suddenly turns into disco.

Comment

Super Trouper and Fernando are classics, great songs!

Comment

20. As Good As New (1979, taken from "Voulez-Vous", released as a single in Mexico)
                                                Mexico #1 (2x)

19. Move On (1978, album track from "The Album)

18. Take A Chance On Me (1978, second single release from "The Album")
                                                Mexico #1 (6x), Austria #1 (4x), UK #1 (3x), Belgium #1 (2x), Ireland #1 (1x), Netherlands #2, Zimbabwe #2, Canada #3, Germany #3, Switzerland #3, USA #3, South Africa #6, Norway #8, France #10

17. Voulez-Vous (1979, third single release from the album of the same name)
                                                Belgium #1 (3x), Ireland #3, UK #3, Netherlands #4, France #9, Spain #9, Switzerland #9, Germany #14, Japan #18

16. One Of Us (1981, first single release from "The Visitors")
                                                Belgium #1 (4x), Ireland #1 (4x), Netherlands #1 (2x), Germany #1 (1x), Austria #3, Switzerland #3, UK #3, South Africa #4, Norway #6, Spain #7, France #8

Comment

Slipping Through My Fingers: 7.5/10 - This was only slightly above average and we all know that ABBA are way above average in general. Good enough for an album track though.

Head Over Heels: 8/10 - Catchy chorus and solid track overall.

Hole In Your Soul: 8/10 - You'd never expect a song with such a title to be as light and fun as this one was. I enjoyed it.

Our Last Summer: 8/10 - I liked it when I first spun Super Trouper and it sounds just as good as the first time I heard it.

I Let The Music Speak: 7.5/10 - Good, but they have much better.

The Way Old Friends Do: 8.5/10 - I really like this song for some reason. I normally don't like live recordings but the girls' voices on this are incredible. The lyrics are great too.

Dreamworld: 7/10 - Good, but still a bit sub-par in comparison to the rest of their awesome material.

On and On and On: 7.5/10 - Catchy but the chorus is a bit repetitive.

Summer Night City: 8.5/10 - Interesting melody, strong chorus, and I love the summer vibe! Quality track!

The Visitors: 7.5/10 - The vocals in the beginning sound a bit off, but they get much better as the song progresses.

Super Trouper: 8/10 - Very good and an immediate joy to the ears.

Kisses of Fire: 8.5/10 - Killer chorus! Really loved it. Download-worthy for sure.

Happy New Year: 7.5/10 - Like with "On and On and On", this can get a bit irritating after repeated plays.

Fernando: 7.5/10 - Ah, this reminded me so much of Gaga's "Alejandro". Alas, I wasn't that impressed by it.

Cassandra: 7/10 - Good, but they're capable of better.

As Good as New: 8/10 - Ah, this was good! Loved the end.

Move On: 8/10 - Also good.

Take a Chance on Me: 8.5/10 - One of the best songs on its parent album.

Voulez-Vous: 8/10 - Pretty good on the first listen!

One of Us: 9.5/10 - Extremely relatable lyrics, beautiful melody, solid vocals! This is easily one of my favourite ABBA songs.
                                                  Akini's Top 100 Albums of All-Time: [#75]
                                                  Akini's Favourite TV Series: [5-1!]
                                                  Your Billboard Top Ten: #1 About Damn Time [2 weeks]
                                                  AlbumClash 2.0: [Beyoncé vs. Calvin Harris]
                                                  The Killers: Pressure Machine Album Survivor [Results]

I'm not saying I love you unconditionally, but we have been through a shitload of conditions and I'm still here.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X