Akini's Top 100 Albums of the 2010s: [Starting soon]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Akini's Top 100 Albums of the 2010s: [Starting soon]

The second part of my trilogy decade-end wrap-up series is this, my top 100 albums of the 2010s. Album releases (and indeed album sales, too) underwent dramatic transformations over the decade, but the quality was (largely) good from year to year. As such, the nominees for my album of the decade are my year-end #1 albums of 2010, 2012, 2014, 2016, and 2018, respectively. Each felt like landmark LPs in their own right and have stood the test of time well. Take your best punt in the poll. This should start sometime this weekend.

100.00%
    Born to Die
    0%
    Dirty Computer
    0%
    Lemonade
    0%
    Pink Friday
    0%
    Akini's Top 100 Albums of the Decade: [Starting soon]

Pink Friday set the decade and elevated Nicki Minaj from rap icon to pop music icon. With 8 singles released: Your Love, Check It Out,
    Right Thru Me, Moment 4 Life, Super Bass, Did It On’em, Girls Fall Like Dominoes and Fly; she set the mood and set the bar.

Taylor Swift’s 1989 remains monumental; it is timeless and is the pure definition of a pop record. With Shake It Off, Blank Space, personal fave, Style; clapback song and video of Bad Blood; and then Wildest Dreams, Out of the Woods and another personal fave, New Romantics; Taylor brought us back to 1989 when Madonna ruled the radio, airwaves and MTV. While Bad Blood was alright; Shake It Off, Blank Space and just about everything else was on another level. Pure pop delicacy.

These two definitely helped define the decade. The edge goes to Taylor Swift’s 1989 with Nicki Minaj right after.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeph View Post
      Pink Friday set the decade and elevated Nicki Minaj from rap icon to pop music icon. With 8 singles released: Your Love, Check It Out,
      Right Thru Me, Moment 4 Life, Super Bass, Did It On’em, Girls Fall Like Dominoes and Fly; she set the mood and set the bar.

Taylor Swift’s 1989 remains monumental; it is timeless and is the pure definition of a pop record. With Shake It Off, Blank Space, personal fave, Style; clapback song and video of Bad Blood; and then Wildest Dreams, Out of the Woods and another personal fave, New Romantics; Taylor brought us back to 1989 when Madonna ruled the radio, airwaves and MTV. While Bad Blood was alright; Shake It Off, Blank Space and just about everything else was on another level. Pure pop delicacy.

These two definitely helped define the decade. The edge goes to Taylor Swift’s 1989 with Nicki Minaj right after.
      Ah, pleased you also hold those two albums in high esteem! They were two epic eras and we don't often get those. And in addition to those eight singles, Nicki was on so many other hit songs leading up to, and during, her Pink Friday era. 2010 was really her year.
      Akini's Top 100 Albums of the Decade: [Starting soon]

Comment

Working...
      X