No announcement yet.

Tansike's Year-End Charts 2020 [Mammy Awards 2021]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally diving into the album countdown next... first update coming up in a few minutes

Comment

50. Loïc Nottet – Sillygomania
      70 points

Chartrun: *6*-8-6-9-13-16-19-Out / 7w
      Certification: -

Belgian singer Loïc Nottet opens the album countdown with Sillygomania, his second studio album. Loïc is mostly known for having represented Belgium at the Eurovision Song Contest 2015 with Rhythm Inside, and his debut album Selfocracy even reached #9 on my Year-End Charts 2017. Sillygomania is another good album, but just not as good as his debut.

49. PVRIS – Use Me
      71 points

Chartrun: *3*-8-8-7-11-18-Out / 6w

American band PVRIS scored their most successful entry on my charts in 2020, as their third album Use Me did surprisingly well. Even though I’m a Rock lover, I actually enjoy their more Pop stuff a lot more and Use Me was a nice positive surprise for me personally.

48. Alanis Morissette – Such Pretty Forks In The Road
      240 points

Chartrun: 5-*3*-6-8-13-20-Out / 6w

I obviously always knew who Alanis Morissette was and also know lots of singles from her, but truth be told, Such Pretty Forks In The Road is my first and only album by the Canadian legend so far. A beautiful listening experience!

47. Bilal Hassani – Contre soirée
      72 points

Chartrun: 8-13-*7*-7-11-15-14-SC / 7w

Following Loïc Nottet who opened the countdown, Bilal is already the second Eurovision related artist as he represented France at the Eurovision Song Contest 2019. His debut album Kingdom reached #44 on the Year-End Charts 2019 and its follow-up Contre soirée does similarly. Both are good records, though I think his debut is more cohesive, while Contre soirée offers a sound that fits more to Bilal as an artist.

46. Blackpink – The Album
      72 points

Chartrun: *2*-3-6-8-15-20-Out / 6w

K-Pop was still a huge thing in 2020 and with Blackpink having scored two entries on the Year-End Charts 2020 with Lovesick Girls (#100) and How You Like That (#24), it’s less surprising to see them also appearing on the album countdown with their first full-length studio album simply called The Album. This is as good as I was hoping for, with some real Pop bangers. I’m still mad they never released Bet You Wanna with Cardi B as a single though.

Comment

45. Beyond The Black – Horizons
        74 points

Chartrun: 5-5-*4*-7-12-19-Out / 6w

German Symphonic Metal band Beyond The Black released their fourth album Horizons in 2020. I only discovered them through their third album Heart Of The Hurricane in 2018, that reached #72 on the Year-End Charts back then, so Horizons is just their second, and already a more successful entry.

44. Allie X – Cape God
        75 points

Chartrun: *6*-8-7-9-14-18-17-17-18-Out / 9w

Canadian singer Allie X is a discovery from UKMix, as I wouldn’t have known about her otherwise. Cape God is her first album to chart and was already a very positive surprise early in 2020. Definitely someone who deserves more mainstream success.

43. Hurts – Faith
        76 points

Chartrun: *4*-4-5-8-13-16-Out / 6w

British Synth-Pop duo Hurts released their fifth album Faith in 2020. I never was the biggest fan of the duo, but they were still interesting enough that I kept checking them out. With that said, I think each new album was weaker than the previous one and Faith finally stopped this trend, as I think this is their best effort since Happiness in 2010. A strong, dark Synth-Pop album.

42. Blair St. Clair – Identity
        76 points

Chartrun: *3*-4-7-10-12-16-19-Out / 7w

RuPaul’s Drag Race contestant Blair St. Clair already made a splash with her debut mini album Call My Name in 2017, where she reached #37 on the Year-End Charts. Her second album Identity does slightly worse, though it’s yet another success for her and is responsible for three entries on the Year-End Charts 2020 with Empty (#78), 9 Lives (#43) and Space Between (#42).

41. Miley Cyrus – Plastic Hearts
        79 points

Chartrun: *1*-1-1-2-SC / 4w

Miley Cyrus closes this group with a very recent release, her seventh studio album Plastic Hearts. Miley rarely disappoints me and has been a big hit maker for me ever since her debut album Breakout, but she’s been on a huge downward trend on the official charts out there, so Plastic Hearts seems to be a return to success for her. This discovers a more Rock-y site of the singer and shines with an exceptionally strong first half, with Night Crawling (feat. Billy Idol), Gimme What I Want and WTF Do I Know being other masterpieces besides the two singles so far.

Comment

Bubbling Under

186. Katy Perry – Teenage Dream
          185. Lindsey Stirling – Brave Enough
          184. Bastille – Goosebumps EP
          183. Lady Gaga – Joanne
          182. Divina De Campo – Red & Silver EP
          181. Pentatonix – We Need A Little Christmas
          180. Mamamoo – Travel EP
          179. Auri – Auri
          178. Amaranthe – Maximalism
          177. The Dark Element (Anette Olzon & Jani Liimatainen) – Songs The Night Sings
          176. Tini – Tini Tini Tini
          175. RaeLynn – Baytown EP
          174. Ariana Grande – Sweetener
          173. Tori Kelly – Solitude EP
          172. Tori Kelly – A Tory Kelly Christmas
          171. Hayley Kiyoko – I'm Too Sensitive For This S**t EP
          170. Cellar Darling – The Spell

169. Conchita Wurst – Truth Over Magnitude
          168. Passenger – Patchwork
          167. Kodaline – One Day At A Time
          166. Billie Eilish – When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?
          165. Coldplay – Everyday Life
          164. Halestorm – Reimagined EP
          163. Pentatonix – At Home EP
          162. Ellie Goulding – Delirium
          161. Faun – Märchen & Mythen
          160. Birdy – Piano Sketches EP
          159. Meghan Trainor – A Very Trainor Christmas
          158. Drake – Dark Lane Demo Tapes
          157. Gabrielle Aplin – Dear Happy
          156. Blackmore's Night – To The Moon And Back - 20 Years And Beyond
          155. Miley Cyrus – She Is Coming
          154. Hailee Steinfeld – Half Written Story EP
          153. Katya – Vampire Fitness EP

Comment

• Loïc's trying something, but it's hard for him to really re-invent himself or expand into a slightly different territory. Alanis album is alright, "Reasons I Drink" is such a standout for me.
            Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• Originally posted by heppolo View Post
              Loïc's trying something, but it's hard for him to really re-invent himself or expand into a slightly different territory. Alanis album is alright, "Reasons I Drink" is such a standout for me.
              Hmm... I thought "Sillygomania" was just a "lighter" version of his debut album, which I enjoyed way more. He's definitely someone to watch out, as he's got lots of potential.
              Yes, "Reasons I Drink" is really a standout there!

Comment

40. Kiesza – Crave
                79 points

Chartrun: 9-13-7-*6*-6-10-17-Out / 7w

Hideaway singer Kiesza had a big breakthrough back in 2014, but disappeared quickly afterwards. In 2020, she finally released her second album Crave, and that turned out as even better than her debut Sound Of A Woman.

39. Aura Dione – Fearless Lovers EP
                79 points

Chartrun: *2*-4-8-11-10-15-18-Out / 7w

Aura Dione is another great Pop artist who vanished completely from the official charts out there, despite still releasing bops after bops. Fearless Lovers was a great EP, consisting of several singles such as Last Man In The World or Colorblind, that reached #96 on the Year-End Charts 2020. Here’s hope to another new album in 2021, as she recently released a brand new track called Worn Out American Dreams.

38. Little Mix – Confetti
                80 points

Chartrun: *4*-6-5-6-13-18-15-SC / 7w

British girl group Little Mix are still a force to be reckoned with in the Pop scene, as Confetti is already their sixth album and they keep smashing in their home country. It’s their third album to make an appearance on my weekly charts and is also their most successful one to date, mostly due to the success for Sweet Melody.

37. Katja Krasavice – Bo$$ Bitch
                81 points

Chartrun: *5*-8-6-8-11-16-16-19-19-Out / 9w

German YouTube personality Katja Krasavice already decided to dive into the music business back in 2017, but she released some rather silly novelty songs at first. For her debut album Bo$$ Bitch, Katja decided to go a more serious route and mostly recorded some R&B-/Rap-stuff, but still included some Pop and Dance tunes as well. A surprisingly well done body of work. 2021 already looks more promising for her though, as her second studio album Eure Mami just got released and is currently topping my weekly album chart.

36. Marko Hietala – Pyre Of The Black Heart
                81 points

Chartrun: 6-*4*-7-10-13-12-15-20-Out / 8w

Marko Hietala is mostly known for being part of the Finnish Symphonic Metal band Nightwish, and with them he’s already scored some massive successes not just on my personal chart, but on the charts all over the world. Pyre Of The Black Heart was his solo debut album and turned out as a strong Rock record. Since he just left the band due to health reasons, here’s hope that he at least follows his solo career because it would be worth it.

Comment

35. Katy Perry – Smile
                  83 points

Chartrun: *1*-2-3-6-13-19-20-Out / 7w

Katy Perry’s sixth studio album Smile also finally came out in 2020 and as expected, she served us some great Pop tunes with this record. Sadly, it’s the album from hers that impressed me the least and after a strong start, I got over this rather quickly.

34. Blanche – Empire
                  83 points

Chartrun: *3*-6-4-8-11-14-18-Out / 7w

Belgian singer Blanche has represented her country with City Lights at the Eurovision Song Contest 2017, where she ended up fourth in the Grand Final. That was a fantastic result for the country, and in 2020, Blanche also finally released her long awaited debut album Empire. Even though her Eurovision smash isn’t on the tracklist, it’s still a well done Synth-Pop album that also deserved some success outside of Belgium.

33. The Weeknd – After Hours
                  84 points

Chartrun: *1*-3-5-10-11-15-18-Out / 7w

The Weeknd’s latest album After Hours is probably a surprisingly low entry on my countdown, as this is the album that has been smashing on the official charts out there for most of the year, of course due to his monster hit Blinding Lights. Similar to Katy Perry’s Smile, I also loved After Hours a lot during its first few weeks, but somehow got over it rather quickly. I even prefer Beauty Behind The Madness and Starboy over this.

32. Jujubee – Good Juju: Vol. 1 EP
                  88 points

Chartrun: 9-8-6-7-*5*-9-15-Out / 7w

Following Blair St. Clair’s Identity at #42, Jujubee’s Good Juju: Vol. 1 EP is already the second appearance for a Drag Queen on the countdown – and still not the last! Jujubee is also known from the RuPaul’s Drag Race series and similar to Blair, she also takes her music very seriously and released a well crafted Pop EP with this.

31. Kerli – Shadow Works
                  88 points

Chartrun in 2019: *1*-1-1-1-2-3-4-5-8-11-14-17-16-13-14-7-8-13-16-14-19-Out-RE 15-10-14-19-Out-RE 17-Out-RE 16-SC / 27w
                  Chartrun in 2020: 8-*6*-7-12-11-12-15-16-17-20-18-16-19-20-20-Out / 15w
                  Certification: PLATINUM
                  Ranking in the YEC 2019: #4

Estonian Alt-Pop goddess Kerli finally released her long awaited second studio album Shadow Works in early 2019 and as expected, it was yet another hit for her on my weekly charts. The album also continued to do well in early 2020 and makes the year-end charts for a second year. A fantasticly dark Synth-/Alt-Pop album – a shame that she’s not more known.

Comment

Bubbling Under

152. Ty Dolla $ign – Featuring Ty Dolla $ign
                    151. SuperM – Super One - The 1st Album
                    150. The Killers – Imploding The Mirage
                    149. Anna Känzig & Tobey Lucas – Two Of A Kind
                    148. Trixie Mattel – Barbara
                    147. Liam Payne – LP1
                    146. Taeyeon – What Do I Call You - The 4th Mini Album EP
                    145. Mariah Carey – The Rarities
                    144. Charli XCX – How I'm Feeling Now
                    143. Leaves' Eyes – Black Butterfly EP
                    142. Nightwish – Showtime, Storytime
                    141. Céline – Dion Courage
                    140. Eminem – Music To Be Murdered By - Side B
                    139. Grimes – Art Angel
                    138. Monique Heart – Beloved SoS 6.3 EP
                    137. Louane – Joie de vivre
                    136. Maria Mena – They Never Leave Their Wives

135. Hannah Diamond – Reflections
                    134. The Chainsmokers – World War Joy
                    133. Taeyeon –#GirlSpkOut EP
                    132. Sophie Hunger – Halluzinationen
                    131. Halsey – Hopeless Fountain Kingdom
                    130. Amaranthe – Helix
                    129. Hayley Williams – Petals For Armor I EP
                    128. Kesha – High Road
                    127. Chris Stapleton – Starting Over
                    126. Fleur East – Fearless
                    125. Guy Sebastian – T. R. U. T. H.
                    124. Dolly Parton – A Holly Dolly Christmas
                    123. Melanie Martinez – After School EP
                    122. Nightwish – Decades: Live In Buenos Aires
                    121. Tove Lo – Sunshine Kitty
                    120. Duncan Laurence – Small Town Boy
                    119. Dua Lipa & The Blessed Madonna – Club Future Nostalgia

Comment

30. Hayley Williams – Petals For Armor
                      90 points

Chartrun: *2*-5-8-11-10-11-14-18-20-Out / 9w

Paramore frontwoman Hayley Williams released her solo debut album Petals For Armor in 2020, and even though none of the singles were big hits for me, I thought she really delivered a full body of work with this.

29. Jujubee – Good Juju: Vol. 2 EP
                      91 points

Chartrun: 4-*3*-4-8-11-14-18-16-20-Out / 9w

The third and final Drag appearance on my countdown is Jujubee’s Good Juju: Vol. 2 EP. The first edition was already a success, but Vol. 2 turned out even better and fits perfectly into the Retro-Pop wave from 2020.

28. Rina Sawayama – Sawayama
                      93 points

Chartrun: *2*-2-2-5-12-15-Out-RE 18-19-Out / 8w

2020 brought us some fantastic newcomers, and Rina Sawayama is clearly one of the bigger ones. Sawayama is her debut album and had a fantastic start on my weekly charts, but similar to The Weeknd or Katy Perry, Rina’s album also started to fall down rather quickly once the hype died down for me. Still a great album from start to finish and it will be exciting to see what she will release next.

27. Meghan Trainor – Treat Myself
                      100 points

Chartrun: *2*-4-6-15-13-17-Out-RE 9-12-15-17-Out / 10w
                      Certification: GOLD

All About That Bass singer Meghan Trainor may be struggling on the official charts out there, but 2020 gave her the most successful album to date on my weekly charts, as Treat Myself is her first release to be certified with Gold. It’s a good Pop album with the brilliant Wave (#6 on the Year-End Charts 2019) as a clear standout.

26. Noah Cyrus – The End Of Everything
                      100 points

Chartrun: 4-*3*-8-7-9-13-16-15-16-19-Out / 10w

Noah Cyrus is the queen of underrated sad Pop tunes, and 2020 proved that once again. The singer has been throwing out singles for a while and with The End Of Everything, it seems like she finally found a sound she’s sticking to and it works perfectly for her.

Comment

25. Ava Max – Heaven & Hell
                        101 points

Chartrun: *1*-1-3-4-8-13-16-Out / 7w

Ava Max is without a doubt one of the most successful newcomers from the past few years, and as seen on the Singles countdown, she scored several big hits in 2020. In Fall, she also finally released her debut album Heaven & Hell that immediately topped the weekly chart. Surprisingly, the album didn’t stick with me for too long, most likely because half of the tracklist already got overplayed a lot. An artist to watch out for sure!

24. Amaranthe – Manifest
                        102 points

Chartrun: *1*-2-1-3-7-13-19-20-Out / 8w

Similar to Ava Max, Swedish Heavy Metal band Amaranthe also scored several big hits in 2020, but took a while to finally release their latest album Manifest in late 2020. Due to that, the album also had a strong start but got old surprisingly fast. Still a fantastic record.

23. Adam Lambert – Velvet
                        102 points

Chartrun: *4*-6-4-6-7-10-14-17-19-Out / 9w

There were several surprises in 2020 and Adam Lambert’s new album Velvet was definitely one of them. The former American Idol contestant already scored two Gold certified albums early in his career with For Your Entertainment (2010) and Trespassing (2012), but the following releases like The Original High, Velvet: Side A or some stand alone singles all didn’t continue that success. Surprisingly, Velvet was a complete turnover and not only proved to be a real comeback successwise, but was also a great Pop album soundwise.

22. Ariana Grande – Positions
                        107 points

Chartrun: *1*-1-3-4-5-10-17-20-SC / 8w

Pop / R&B songstress Ariana Grande released her sixth album Positions in late 2020. Despite being yet another good record, I still think this is her weakest album to date.

21. Eurovision Song Contest 2020
                        111 points

Chartrun: *1*-1-2-3-7-12-15-17-20-Out / 9w

As every year, the compilation for the Eurovision Song Contest also made its impact in 2020. Sadly, the contest was cancelled this year due to the Coronavirus, so the impact was smaller than usual. Especially after the huge success of 2019, where the compilation ended up fifth in the Year-End Charts.

Comment

Bubbling Under

118. Kylie Minogue – Disco
                          117. Luca Hänni – 110 Karat
                          116. Sonya Belousova & Giona Ostinelli – The Witcher OST
                          115. Kate Miller-Heidke – Child In Reverse
                          114. Amy MacDonald – The Human Demands
                          113. Lennon Stella – Three.Two.One
                          112. Lapsley – Through Water
                          111. Poppy – I Disagree
                          110. Frock Destroyers – Frock4life
                          109. Amir – Ressources
                          108. Eminem – Music To Be Murdered By
                          107. LaFee – Best Of
                          106. Hatari – Neyslutrans
                          105. Louis Tomlinson – Walls
                          104. Within Temptation – Resist
                          103. BTS – Be
                          102. Lauren Alaina – Getting Over Him EP

101. Mike Shinoda – Dropped Frames, Vol. 1
                          100. Justin Bieber – Changes
                          99. Blackmore's Night – Here We Come A-Caroling EP
                          98. Tori Amos – Christmastide EP
                          97. Aya Nakamura – AYA
                          96. Mandy Moore – Silver Landings
                          95. Lindsey Stirling – Warmer In The Winter
                          94. Loredana – Medusa
                          93. Paloma Faith – Infinite Things
                          92. Fiona Apple – Fetch The Bolt Cutters
                          91. Apocalyptica – Cell-0
                          90. Taylor Swift – Evermore
                          89. Apache 207 – Treppenhaus
                          88. Baekhyun – Delight
                          87. Paris Jackson – Wilted
                          86. Awolnation – Angel Miners & The Lightning Riders
                          85. Jessie Reyez – Before Love Came To Kill Us

Comment

• I love "Heaven & Hell".

Comment

• Originally posted by luckyONE View Post
                              I love "Heaven & Hell".
                              Me too, a great Pop album from start to finish. Feels so good to have a new pure Pop artist these days

Comment

20. K/DA feat. League Of Legends – All Out EP
                                116 points

Chartrun: 5-*1*-1-2-4-7-11-SC / 7w

Virtual K-Pop group K/DA is a phenomenon that only crossed my attention towards the end of 2020, as they released their debut EP called All Out. Even though K/DA is associated with the game League Of Legends that I never played so far, their music still hit me in a completely unexpected way and this whole EP has been my workout music for many weeks. Gamer music meets K-Pop meets Dance Pop, including some interesting features such as Kim Petras or Madison Beer.

19. Sam Smith – Love Goes
                                116 points

Chartrun: *2*-3-2-3-4-8-14-16-SC / 8w

Following a rather underwhelming second album campaign for The Thrill Of It All, Sam Smith finally released their long awaited third album Love Goes in 2020. I’ve loved many singles from this, such as Dancing With A Stranger, How Do You Sleep? or more recently, Diamonds (#15 on the Year-End Charts 2020), so I was excited going into this and Sam surely didn’t disappoint. Some great ballads, some fantastic uptempo tunes and Sam’s wonderful vocals all result in a great album, but the best is how Sam finally found their real selves and I’m enjoying it too!

18. Allen/Olzon – Worlds Apart
                                123 points

Chartrun: *1*-2-3-4-6-9-12-14-15-Out / 9w

Allen/Olzon is a collaboration project by American singer Russell Allen and Swedish singer Anette Olzon. Russell Allen is known in the Metal genre for such collaborations, while Anette Olzon is known as a former Nightwish frontwoman, for her solo stuff, but also for her own project The Dark Element. With all those projects, Anette already scored several big eras on my charts so it was no surprise to see Worlds Apart being yet another success. A great, but sometimes also cheesy Metal album.

17. Delain – Apocalypse & Chill
                                128 points

Chartrun: *1*-1-4-5-5-6-11-14-16-19-Out / 10w

Dutch Symphonic Metal band Delain already released their sixth album Apocalypse & Chill in early 2020, though this was the very first time I checked out a full album by them – and I was immediately impressed. A great body of work, that was surprisingly Pop-ish. An early highlight of 2020.

16. Dua Lipa – Future Nostalgia
                                132 points

Chartrun: 2-*1*-3-3-4-5-8-14-18-Out-RE 20-Out / 10w

I guess I don’t need to say a lot about Dua Lipa, and 2020 saw the release of her second studio album Future Nostalgia. Her self-titled debut wasn’t a big hit for me personally, but this Dance-Pop record checked many boxes for me. A strong effort with several big hits. A deserved success for her!

Comment

15. 5 Seconds Of Summer – Calm
                                  132 points

Chartrun: 5-10-7-4-5-*3*-6-11-14-18-19-19-20-Out / 13w

Australian band 5 Seconds Of Summer were never really big for me until I randomly decided ot check Calm out in early 2020. This is yet another surprise à la Velvet by Adam Lambert, as I didn’t expect this to be nearly as big as it ended up. A great Pop album from start to finish, with Easier being a huge standout here.

14. Keiino – OKTA
                                  139 points

Chartrun: *2*-5-7-2-2-3-8-10-14-18-Out / 10w

Norwegian Pop trio Keiino are mostly known for their song Spirit In The Sky, that served as their Eurovision entry back in 2019. OKTA is their debut album and has many stellar Pop moments also besides its singles. They just released a new single Monument and try to represent their country at the contest in 2021 as well – fingers crossed they can do it, as they’ve grown to become one of my most favorite Eurovision artists ever.

13. Doja Cat – Hot Pink
                                  139 points

Chartrun: *4*-8-7-9-4-7-7-8-11-14-18-16-Out / 12w

Besides Rina Sawayama, Doja Cat was another big newcomer of 2020 and Hot Pink was her first and only album notation my weekly charts so far. R&B and Rap is still a genre that isn’t the biggest for me personally, but this album offers a lot of great moments and is also very cohesive as a whole body of work. It will be exciting to see if Doja can repeat this success with a new album in 2021.

12. Harry Styles – Fine Line
                                  148 points

Chartrun in 2019: *3*-3- / 2w
                                  Chartrun in 2020: 4-*3*-4-8-7-11-14-12-9-6-8-11-16-19-19-Out / 15w
                                  Ranking in the YEC 2019: #96

Former One Direction member Harry Styles already released his second album Fine Line in late 2019, but did even better with it in 2020. This album proved that he’s more than just a boy band member, as this album has no weak spot and shines with a sound that fits so well for Harry.

11. Ashley Tisdale – Symptoms
                                  154 points

Chartrun in 2019: *1*-1-2-2-3-2-2-1-1-1-2-5-4-3-2-4-9-13-17-18-16-12-14-Out-RE 13-7-14-7-5-SC / 28w
                                  Chartrun in 2020: 6-7-10-16-19-Out-RE 20-18-Out-RE 19-14-10-7-7-6-*5*-8-11-14-13-18-Out / 19w
                                  Certification: 2x PLATINUM
                                  Ranking in the YEC 2019: #1

Following a break of nearly a decade, former Disney singer and actress Ashley Tisdale finally released her long awaited third studio album Symptoms in early 2019 and as expected, it was a smash from the get go and ended up as the most successful album of 2019. Symptoms also kept doing well in 2020, mostly due to her hit Lemons, but also simply due to the fact that I think this is Pop at its best and such a strong effort from start to finish. Fingers crossed she won’t disappear for another decade again.

Comment

Bubbling Under

84. Carly Rae Jepsen – Dedicated Side B
                                    83. Little Big – Town Nightfall
                                    82. Shawn Mendes – Wonder
                                    81. In Extremo – Kompass zur Sonne
                                    80. BTS – Map Of The Soul: 7
                                    79. Vanessa Mai – Für immer
                                    78. Soundtrack – Birds Of Prey: The Album
                                    77. Niall Horan – Heartbreak Weather
                                    76. Inna – Heartbreaker
                                    75. Anna Bergendahl – Vera EP
                                    74. Melanie C – Melanie C
                                    73. Nico Santos – Nico Santos
                                    72. The Black Eyed Peas – Translation
                                    71. Camila Cabello – Romance
                                    70. Astrid S – Leave It Beautiful
                                    69. Beatrice Egli – Bunt - Best Of
                                    68. Marina Kaye – Twisted

67. Troye Sivan – In A Dream EP
                                    66. Duncan Laurence – Worlds On Fire EP
                                    65. Beatrice Egli – Mini Schwiiz, mini Heimat
                                    64. RuPaul – American
                                    63. Kelsea Ballerini – Kelsea
                                    62. Taylor Swift – Lover
                                    61. Kehlani – It Was Good Until It Wasn't
                                    60. Ariana Grande – k bye for now (swt live)
                                    59. Ane Brun – How Beauty Holds The Hand Of Sorrow
                                    58. Carrie Underwood – My Gift
                                    57. Leaves' Eyes – The Last Viking
                                    56. Zella Day – Where Does The Devil Hide EP
                                    55. Kygo – Golden Hour
                                    54. TinkaBelle – Greatest Hits… And Some More
                                    53. Alicia Keys – Alicia
                                    52. The Chicks – Gaslighter
                                    51. Chloe x Halle – Ungodly Hour

Comment

10. Taylor Swift – Folklore
                                      167 points

Chartrun: 2-*1*-1-1-1-4-7-9-13-16-20-17-17-Out-RE 18-SC / 14w

Taylor Swift opens the Top10 with her surprise album Folklore. This album came out during Summer of 2020 and was very welcomed, as it fit perfectly into the current times. It’s a departure from the pure Pop sound of 1989 or Lover and goes more into an Indie-Folk direction, which was yet another nice change for her. It’s no secret that Taylor does well in singer-songwriter songs and even though Folklore doesn’t offer that one huge hit single, it’s surely among her best albums as a whole body of work. With four consecutive weeks atop the weekly album charts, Folklore is the second longest running top album of 2020, only behind two albums with a tie that are still to be revealed.

Exile (feat. Bon Iver, #123) and Cardigan (#93) made the Singles Year-End Charts 2020. My personal highlights are The 1, Seven, Mad Woman and the two just mentioned singles.

9. Kim Petras – Clarity
                                      179 points

Chartrun: *1*-3-9-10-10-9-9-11-11-12-12-15-17-14-14-15-17-17-19-Out-RE 16-Out / 20w

German Pop princess Kim Petras is no stranger to some people on the internet, in fact, she actually gathered a nice fanbase despite having near to zero mainstream success. The singer has released her full-length debut album Clarity already in mid 2019, but it took me until the final week of that year until I finally gave it a chance – and I was immediately blown away. This is how you do a Pop record nowadays. Strong from start to finish. This was also the very first number one album of 2020, and stayed a huge highlight through the whole year.

Icy, Do Me and Personal Hell are my personal standouts on this, though there’s no weak spot at all. Do Me (#52) and Icy (#10) also made the Singles Year-End Charts 2020.

8. Selena Gomez – Rare
                                      181 points

Chartrun: *1*-2-1-3-5-7-12-14-11-13-18-Out-RE 2-9-16-20-Out / 15w

Ever since diving into music for the first time, Selena has been one of my absolute favorite artists ever. I already loved her back in her Disney days and was so happy that her music also clicked with me for so long. Following a massive era for the Revival album and a break that took way too long, the singer finally released her new album Rare in early 2020 and as expected, it was yet another great album from hers. Sadly, the promo was awful, so the whole campaign was cut short, but the music still delivered.

Highlights on this are Rare, Ring, Let Me Get Me, Dance Again, Vulnerable, People You Know and basically all the bonus tracks from Bad Liar to Wolves. Wolves (#431), Dance Again (#276), Boyfriend (#182) and Rare (#53) all also appeared on the Singles Year-End Charts 2020.

7. Agnes Obel – Myopia
                                      188 points

Chartrun: *2*-2-4-7-8-13-11-16-13-13-12-13-16-16-Out-RE 18-20-18-Out-RE 12-11-14-17-18-Out / 22w

It seems like 2020 was a successful year for albums with just one word as their title, as Myopia by Agnes Obel is already the fourth in a row in the Top10 and there are still three more one-word-titles to come. This is the fourth album by the Danish singer-songwriter, and even though it is the only album in the Top10 that hasn’t topped the weekly charts for at least one week, it showed amazing longevity at least. Agnes was more like a piano singer on her debut, but slowly turned into a way more interesting Alt-Pop singer as she proves with Myopia yet again. She keeps getting better with each release in my opinion.

Camera’s Rolling (#275), Island Of Doom (#224) and Broken Sleep (#113) all made the singles countdown in 2020. Island Of Doom and the title track are my personal faves on this, though most of the songs are on a similar level and this is an album that works way better as a whole instead of just picking songs.

6. Ellie Goulding – Brightest Blue
                                      202 points

Chartrun: *1*-1-2-2-4-4-8-13-12-12-10-11-9-13-17-17-Out-RE 19-Out / 17w

British songstress Ellie Goulding has finally released her fourth studio album Brightest Blue in mid 2020 and it’s been yet another fantastic record. Ever since her big international breakthrough with her second album Halcyon, Ellie has become one of my favorite artists and even though she may struggle on the official charts out there, I still think she keeps delivering with her stuff. Ok, fair enough, some singles of Brightest Blue were not it, but most of them are just an addition as Side B on Brightest Blue, the main album has a more deeper sound to it compared to the singles, or also compared to her previous album Delirium. This got released while I was on vacation in Amsterdam, Netherlands, where I actually made a magical experience while listening to this that I’ll probably never forget, so this album already has a place in my heart.

With Close To Me (#427), Hate Me (#231), Power (#117), Flux (#115), Worry About Me (#103) and Love I’m Given (#83), a bunch of songs from this record also appeared on the Singles Year-End Charts 2020. Meanwhile, How Deep Is Too Deep is my clear standout on this, followed by Flux, Love I’m Given, Woman and Bleach.

Comment

• Glad you mention "Mad Woman" is one of the highlights on 'Folklore'. I strongly agree on that. And as it never gets mentioned anywhere, I always feel like it's underrated.

You may remember that Ellie used to smash on my charts a few years ago, I absolutely loved Halcyon Days. I didn't like her stuff after that era that much though (a few songs here and there). I like Brightest Blue but I rarely come back to it. "Love I'm Given" is amazing, though!

Comment

• Originally posted by luckyONE View Post
                                          Glad you mention "Mad Woman" is one of the highlights on 'Folklore'. I strongly agree on that. And as it never gets mentioned anywhere, I always feel like it's underrated.

You may remember that Ellie used to smash on my charts a few years ago, I absolutely loved Halcyon Days. I didn't like her stuff after that era that much though (a few songs here and there). I like Brightest Blue but I rarely come back to it. "Love I'm Given" is amazing, though!
                                          Glad we share our love for "Mad Woman". It was one of the songs that already stood out on my first spin of the album and it remained a highlight ever since. I'm actually surprised not many people have this among their faves.. so yeah, it really is underrated.

Yes, I know how big she's been for you but I also know that "Delirium" didn't do much for you in comparison. As much as I enjoy "Brightest Blue", it's still far away from the "Halcyon" era for me as well. Still a great body of work though!

Comment

5. Halsey – Manic
                                            227 points

Chartrun: *1*-2-1-2-2-5-3-6-8-12-16-13-15-17-19-19-14-15-17-Out-RE 16-14-18-Out / 22w

Following the monster hit Without Me, all eyes were on Halsey and her third studio album Manic. I have a weird relationship with her, because I thought she’s very unsympathetic during her debut era, but suddenly completely clicked with me during her second era – hopeless fountain kingdom even ended up #3 on the Year-End Charts 2017 and still made the Top20 the following year. Without Me was an obvious smash for me as well, but most other pre-album singles of Manic didn’t fully click with me so I had mixed emotions going into this. Luckily, the whole album didn’t disappoint. Yes, there are some other smashes that are missing on this, but overall, I think this is her most cohesive record to date and I like that even Without Me fits well to the whole project, and isn’t just that one monster hit that’s just there for the streaming units.

The singles Without Me and You Should Be Sad may be obvious standouts on this, but I also really enjoy Alanis‘ Interlude and 3 AM. Finally // Beautiful Stranger (#379), Graveyard (#374), Without Me (#225), Clementine (#176) and especially You Should Be Sad (#13) also made some noise on the singles countdown.

4. Lady Gaga – Chromatica
                                            400 points

Chartrun: *1*-1-1-1-1-1-1-2-7-7-8-11-14-19-3-2-4-3-6-8-9-12-13-16-16-15-10-9-12-17-SC / 30w

Coming in fourth is Chromatica, the latest studio album by Lady Gaga. Fans, including myself, were asking for the singer to finally hit the Dance-Pop route again and she did exactly that with this album. A fantastic Dance-Pop album, even the previously obligate ballad that every other album by Gaga had hasn’t found its way onto this release, which was cool. With seven weeks atop the weekly charts, Chromatica is tied with another album as the longest running top album of 2020, plus this is her highest appearance on one of my year-end countdowns since she occupied the Top2 with The Fame Monster and The Fame back in 2010, when the album charts only just started.

It’s also worth a shoutout how the fourth most successful album of 2020 was already certified with 2x Platinum compared to one album that did it in the whole years of 2019 or 2018, while none even went there back in 2016. Only shows how 2020 gave us some really strong albums!

The album spawned three singles, and they were all very successful on the singles countdown with 911 (#23), Stupid Love (#9) and Rain On Me (#5). Meanwhile, my personal highlight is clearly album opener Alice.

3. Grimes – Miss Anthropocene
                                            402 points

Chartrun: *1*-1-2-3-2-1-3-5-6-8-8-12-17-20-Out-RE 20-17-10-3-3-3-4-9-11-9-13-15-18-Out-RE 18-11-14-12-14-17-13-12-Out-RE 19-SC / 36w

Canadian mastermind Grimes finally released her long awaited fifth studio album Miss Anthropocene in early 2020 and wow, what a masterpiece! The era already started with the single We Apprecite Power in early 2018, and her previous album Art Angels got released in late 2015, so this album was definitely long overdue and it surely didn’t disappoint. Art Angels was the first time I got to hear Grimes and while I already loved this album a lot, Miss Anthropocene is just on a completely different level for me. There are so many genres on this – from Industrial to Synth- and Electro-Pop to Dark Wave music – and it all fits so well together. There are some really crazy moments, but also some heavenly ones on this record. Since I’m a huge Kerli fan, Miss Anthropocene by Grimes felt like a continuation and slightly better executed version to Kerli’s Shadow Works from 2019.

Even though most singles from the album came out prior 2020, Grimes still appeared on the singles countdown with Violence (#359), We Appreciate Power (#154), Delete Forever (#86), So Heavy I Fell Through The Earth (#75) and My Name Is Dark (#58). All songs are also on a similar level on this record, though from the non singles New Gods and Before The Fever clearly stand out for me.

Comment

2. Lindsey Stirling – Artemis
                                              508 points

Chartrun in 2019: *1*-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-2-3-3-3-2-2-1- / 16w
                                              Chartrun in 2020: *1*-2-2-3-4-5-6-5-3-4-3-5-10-9-7-8-10-7-4-9-13-12-15-13-15-15-10-7-8-11-14-13-10-5-3-2-5-7-11-7-12-11-16-18-Out / 44w
                                              Certification: 4x PLATINUM
                                              Ranking in the YEC 2019: #3

Lindsey Stirling is without a doubt one or even the biggest star on my weekly charts ever since her breakthrough in early 2013. Artemis makes the Top3 of my year-end countdown for a second time in a row, just like her album Brave Enough already did (#3 in 2016, #2 in 2017). Overall, this is already her sixth year with a Top10 placement, as she also did it in 2013 (Lindsey Stirling hit #1) and 2014 (Shatter Me was #3, Lindsey Stirling #8), with just missing out doing it in 2018 (Warmer In The Winter ended up #11).

A mainly instrumental album with Lindsey’s signature violin play paired up with different genres, especially Dance and Pop, still works for me as it seems. A year and a half after its release, I’d even say this is her best album to date, as it really takes you on a journey, sounds very cohesive, but also has its clear standouts. Having Amy Lee and Elle King as the only features also works perfectly.

2020 was also yet another successful year for the violinist on the singles countdown, as Underground (#350), Guardian (#97), Artemis (#85), Til The Light Goes Out (#50), Between Twilight (#25) and Sleepwalking (#4) all appeared from this album. Meanwhile, besides the just mentioned singles, Love Goes On And On (feat. Amy Lee) and Foreverglow are further big standouts on the album.

1. Nightwish – HUMAN. :||: NATURE.
                                              613 points

Chartrun: *1*-1-1-1-1-3-2-5-4-3-2-2-2-2-5-8-8-5-7-7-6-1-1-2-4-5-6-2-2-6-9-11-11-8-5-8-7-SC / 37w
                                              Certification: 3x PLATINUM

…and the most successful album of 2020 is HUMAN. :||: NATURE. by Nightwish!

Nightwish is a Symphonic Metal band originally from Finland, though nowadays two third of the band are from other countries with lead singer Floor Jansen being Dutch and multi-instrumentalist Troy Donockley being from the UK. The band already released their debut album Angels Fall First back in 1997, but only started to be successful on several European charts with their fifth album Once in 2004. With around ten million copies sold worldwide, Nightwish is the most successful Finnish band ever and they’re also known for having had already three different female frontsingers with Tarja Turunen (1996 – 2005), Anette Olzon (2007 – 2012) and Floor Jansen (since 2013). Released in April 2020, HUMAN. :||: NATURE. is the bands ninth studio album and first since Endless Forms Most Beautiful got released in early 2015, so basically a comeback after a long break.

With each new album, Nightwish has been evolving their sound and I think they really mastered it with HUMAN. :||: NATURE.. As the title suggest, the theme is humanity and nature, with all of its beauty and flaws. Symphonic Metal is a known sub-genre in the Metal genre, with several bands being part of that, and HUMAN. :||: NATURE. is one of the most Symphonic Metal sounding albums I have ever heard.

The album has two parts, the first being the regular album, and the second being called All The Works Of Nature Which Adorn The World, basically 30 minutes of instrumental songs split in eight chapters that work absolutely perfectly while taking a walk in the forest and just to calm down. While I don’t use the second half as often as I listen to the regular album, I still think this as a whole is Nightwish’s most cohesive record to date, and it’s honestly near perfection for me.

With 2,373 spins in 2020, HUMAN. :||: NATURE. is the most played album of the year with a gap of 400 spins to Chromatica, the second most played album of the year. From the main part of the album, Tribal and Procession were played the least, but still 130 times each. Even all All The Works Of Nature Which Adorn The World songs from the second part of the album got played around 60 times each, only showing how strong the whole project was and how it kept appearing on my playlist. Despite the fact that all songs got played a lot, the album still has some clear standouts for me, that are album opener Music, the lead single Noise, the epic Shoemaker, and the hymn Pan.

HUMAN. :||: NATURE. spawned three singles with Noise (#1 on the Year-End Charts 2020), Harvest (#47) and How’s The Heart (#45). Since the invetion of my weekly album charts, HUMAN. :||: NATURE. is already their second album topping a year-end countdown following Endless Forms Most Beautiful, that did it in 2015, making Nightwish the very first artist to top the Album Year-End Charts more than once. They also made the Top10 in 2011 with Walking In The Air – The Greatest Ballads (#4) and in 2012 with Imaginaerum (#2).

Comment

M A M M Y . . A W A R D S . . 2 0 2 1
                                                The Mammy Awards are an annual award "show" I've started many years ago. The word Mammy comes from Grammy, and my first name starts with a M.

There are a total of 20 different categories and I will reveal the nominees in two posts This is all fun and the winners are chosen by me once all nominees are revealed, but you all can obviously guess the winners, leave your thoughts about it or comment what nominee would be your favorite.

Song Of The Year

Kings & Queens by Ava Max
                                                Noise by Nightwish
                                                Viral by Amaranthe

The Mammy for ’Song Of The Year’ is for every single that was released during 2020 or late 2019, no matter of its genre. The song that made the biggest impact on me during that year will win. That category exists since 2011.
                                                Best Pop Solo Performance

Icy by Kim Petras
                                                Salt by Ava Max
                                                Stupid Love by Lady Gaga

The Mammy for 'Best Pop Solo Performance' is for songs with the genre pop and by one artist. Every pop song that was released as a single during 2020 or late 2019 is eligible. That category exists since 2011 and there used to be two awards from 2011 to 2013 - one for male and one for female.
                                                Best Pop Performance by a Duo or Group

React by The Pussycat Dolls
                                                Sweet Melody by Little Mix
                                                The Baddest by K/DA, (G)I-dle & Wolftyla feat. Bea Miller & League Of Legends

The Mammy for 'Best Pop Performance by a Duo or Group' is for songs with the genre pop and by a Duo or by a Group. Every pop song that was released as a single during 2020 or late 2019 is eligible. That category exists since 2011.
                                                Best Pop Collaboration

Broken Glass by Kygo & Kim Petras
                                                Rain On Me by Lady Gaga & Ariana Grande
                                                Tick Tock by Clean Bandit & Mabel feat. 24kGoldn

The Mammy for 'Best Pop Collaboration' is for songs with the genre pop and must be a collaboration between at least two artists, no matter if these artists are solo artists, a Duo or a Group. Every pop song that was released as a single during 2020 or late 2019 is eligible. That category exists since 2011.
                                                Best Dance Recording

In Your Eyes by Robin Schulz feat. Alida
                                                I’m Feeling It (In The Air) by Cascada
                                                Joan Of Arc On The Dance Floor by Aly & AJ

The Mammy for 'Best Dance Recording' is for songs with the genre dance/electronic. Every song that was released as a single during 2020 or late 2019 is eligible. That category exists since 2011.
                                                Best Rock/Alternative Recording

Harvest by Nightwish
                                                I’ll Never Leave You by Allen/Olzon
                                                Strong by Amaranthe feat. Noora Louhimo

The Mammy for 'Best Rock/Alternative Recording' is for songs with the genre rock or similar genres. Every song that was released as a single during 2020 or late 2019 is eligible. That category exists since 2019 and replaced the category 'Best Rock/Country/Alternative Song' that existed since 2011.
                                                Best Country/Alternative Recording

Exile by Taylor Swift feat. Bon Iver
                                                March March by The Chicks
                                                You Should Be Sad by Halsey

The Mammy for 'Best Country/Alternative Recording' is for songs with the genre country or similar genres. Every song that was released as a single during 2020 or late 2019 is eligible. That category exists since 2019 and replaced the category 'Best Rock/Country/Alternative Song' that existed since 2011.
                                                Best R&B/Urban Recording

Boss Bitch by Doja Cat
                                                Checka by Loredana & Delara
                                                Positions by Ariana Grande

The Mammy for 'Best R&B/Urban Song' is for songs with the genre R&B/urban. Every song which was released as a single during 2020 or late 2019 is eligible. That category exists since 2014.
                                                Best Music Video

Noise by Nightwish (*VIDEO*)
                                                Rain On Me by Lady Gaga & Ariana Grande (*VIDEO*)
                                                Viral by Amaranthe (*VIDEO*)

The Mammy for ’Best Music Video’ is for every music video that was released during 2020. The best music video wins. That category exists since 2014.

Comment

M A M M Y . . A W A R D S . . 2 0 2 1

Album Of The Year

Chromatica by Lady Gaga
                                                  HUMAN. :||: NATURE. by Nightwish
                                                  Miss Anthropocene by Grimes

The Mammy for 'Album Of The Year' is for every album that was released during 2020 or late 2019, no matter of its genre. The album that made the biggest impact on me during that year will win. That category exists since 2011.
                                                  Best Pop Vocal Album

Brightest Blue by Ellie Goulding
                                                  Heaven & Hell by Ava Max
                                                  Manic by Halsey

The Mammy for 'Best Pop Vocal Album' is for albums with the genre Pop. Every Pop album that was released during 2020 or late 2019 is eligible, instrumental albums are not allowed. That category exists since 2011.
                                                  Best Electronic/Dance Album

All Out EP by K/DA feat. League Of Legends
                                                  Crave by Kiesza
                                                  Future Nostalgia by Dua Lipa

The Mammy for 'Best Electronic/Dance Album' is for albums with the genre Dance/Electronic. Every album that was released during 2020 or late 2019 is eligible. That category exists since 2011.
                                                  Best Rock/Alternative Album

Apocalypse & Chill by Delain
                                                  Manifest by Amaranthe
                                                  Myopia by Agnes Obel

The Mammy for 'Best Rock/Alternative Album' is for albums with the genre Rock or similar genres. Every album that was released during 2020 or late 2019 is eligible. That category exists since 2019 and replaced the category 'Best Rock/Country/Alternative Album' that existed since 2013.
                                                  Best Country/Alternative Album

Folklore by Taylor Swift
                                                  Gaslighter by The Chicks
                                                  Such Pretty Forks In The Road by Alanis Morissette

The Mammy for 'Best Country/Alternative Album' is for albums with the genre Country or similar genres. Every album that was released during 2020 or late 2019 is eligible. That category exists since 2019 and replaced the category 'Best Rock/Country/Alternative Album' that existed since 2013.
                                                  Best R&B/Urban Album

After Hours by The Weeknd
                                                  Hot Pink by Doja Cat
                                                  Positions by Ariana Grande

The Mammy for 'Best R&B/Urban Album' is for albums with the genre R&B/Urban. Every album which was released during 2020 or late 2019 is eligible. That category exists since 2014.
                                                  Best Album Track

Alice by Lady Gaga (from Chromatica)
                                                  Born To The Night by Ava Max (from Heaven & Hell)
                                                  Drum Go Dum by K/DA, Wolftyla & Bekuh Boom feat. Aluna & League Of Legends (from All Out EP)
                                                  How Deep Is Too Deep by Ellie Goulding (from Brightest Blue)
                                                  Music by Nightwish (from HUMAN. :||: NATURE.)
                                                  New Gods by Grimes (from Miss Anthropocene)

The Mammy for 'Best Album Track' is for every song that wasn‘t released as a single and is on an album that was released during 2020 or late 2019, no matter of its genre. The best song will win. That category exists since 2015.
                                                  Artist Of The Year

Grimes
                                                  Lady Gaga
                                                  Nightwish

The Mammy for 'Artist Of The Year' is for every artist who released a single and/or an album and/or an EP during 2020, no matter of its genre. The artist who made the biggest impact on me during that year will win. That category exists since 2014.
                                                  Best Live Act

none

Normally, I attend several concerts during a year and the three artists I’ve enjoyed the most are nominated in this category. Due to Corona, all concerts were cancelled in 2020, so there are nominees this year. There may be a special surprise for this category coming up once the winners will be revealed though.
                                                  Best New Artist

Doja Cat
                                                  K/DA feat. League Of Legends
                                                  Kim Petras

The Mammy for 'Best New Artist' is for every artist who released a single and/or an album and/or an EP during 2020, no matter of its genre. The artist must be a new one or must have had their first entry ever on my charts during 2020 or late 2019. The artist who had the biggest impact on me and is the most promising one will win. That category exists since 2011.
                                                  Best Airplay Artist

Ava Max
                                                  Ellie Goulding
                                                  Grimes
                                                  Halsey
                                                  Lady Gaga
                                                  Lindsey Stirling
                                                  Miley Cyrus
                                                  Nightwish
                                                  Selena Gomez
                                                  Taylor Swift

The ten most played artists during 2020 are nominated for the Mammy for 'Best Airplay Artist' no matter if their played stuff was released during 2020 or not. Not the artist with the most plays will win, but the one that got played all the time during that year and had the biggest impact on my daily life through this. That category exists since 2014.

Comment

• Hi, I would like ot know where I can stream the proceedings online

There's a lot to like in your nominations

Comment

Working...
                                                    X