No announcement yet.

Tansike's Year-End Charts 2021 [#2 - #1]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shum was a standout thanks to just how bold and different it was to anything else.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tansike View Post
      Not too surprised to hear this about All Too Well... so many fans adore the 10 minute version and I'm definitely also one of them! A song that takes 10 minutes always has it difficult to be played regularly, I mean you could play three different songs in the same time, but All Too Well just gives so much in these 10 minutes that it's definitely worth it. And when I play the "normal" version I feel like something is missing now, maybe it's the same for you? It's definitely incredible how successful Taylor is even with a 10 minute song!
      Yeah, though I'd love to hear the 10 Minute Version with her 2012 vocals (if such a thing exists), since I think there's something special about her delivery back when this heartbreak was so raw. The youthfulness/inexperience in her earlier recordings helps convey all that pain, whereas some of her new re-recorded vocals come across a tad too polished/precise/professional at times.

Originally posted by Tansike View Post
      Also glad you like to see Willow in the Top50 - though truth be told, I think Willow deserved even higher, because I really love it and think it's even among her best singles to date. But I guess it hurt a bit that it came out in late 2020 and therefore already charted last year. And yes, Cardigan (or a lot on Folklore) had that folksy charm, but Willow (and a lot on Evermore) got a catchier hook / melody, which is probably also why I ended up enjoying Evermore / Willow more than Folklore / Cardigan. None of the remixes really stood out to me. Heard them even just once or twice when they were released. What about you?
      I haven't heard all of them (#flopfan), but I really enjoy both the "Dancing Witch Version" and "90's Trend Remix." The original's still my most-played version by far, but both of those mixes are definitely worthwhile in their own right.

Originally posted by Tansike View Post
      Ah, very glad to hear Good Ones turned into a grower for you! Definitely a big Pop moment in 2021 for me and while New Shapes wasn't as good, it still is a great tune so I'm really excited for Crash. Weird to know that it still takes over two months until the album comes out though.
      Yeah, I'm looking forward to Crash, but I also don't get the logic in putting the album up for pre-order/pre-load SO far in advance. For me, such a long wait diminshes the hype more than enhances it.
      • If I Can't Have Love, I Want Power really was a homerun (well, quality-wise. It deserved to be one on the charts too). Like you mentioned, the genre-blending and experimentation Halsey does across the album totally suits her (without being as avant-garde/high-concept/inaccessible as I thought it might be before it came out). What do you think of the new version of "Nightmare"? (Can't recall how the original did on your charts).
      Here's to even more amazing music moments in 2022, Tancel!

last.fm
      Top 50 of 2021

Comment

• Energetic top 2.

Comment

• Your #2 is decent. It's great that so many people were pleased with the project.

As for your #1, well, I'm inclined to say that "noise" is a rather apt translation/title for it. I'm in the camp that didn't like it, but great countdown otherwise, as always!
          Akini's Tribute to Kanye West: [140-131]
          Akini's Top 100 Songs of 2021: [#1]
          Akini's Top 25 Albums of 2021: [#1]
          Akini's Top 25 Artists of 2021: [#1]
          Your Billboard Top Ten: #1 Last Christmas [2 weeks]
          AlbumClash 2.0: [The Weeknd vs. Demi Lovato]

By now Julia was ready to get up and turn the walk-in closet into a walk-out closet.

Comment

• Originally posted by heppolo View Post
            Who would have thought at the start of 2020 that Go_A will give us a modern Eurovision classic, even though I do accept that Shum may not be everyone's cup of tea.
            Yeah, I already really enjoyed Solovey and was sad they couldn't represent Ukraine anymore when the 2020 contest was cancelled, so I was already happy to have them back in 2021... but never did I expected them to come back like that! I think this is basically to ESC 2021 what Keiino's Spirit In The Sky was to ESC 2019.

(side note, I'm still a bit surprised Shum didn't end up higher on your list )

Comment

• Originally posted by Thriller View Post
              Shum was a standout thanks to just how bold and different it was to anything else.
              True... and the singer is just so charismatic IMO!

Comment

• Originally posted by crystalphoenix View Post
                Yeah, though I'd love to hear the 10 Minute Version with her 2012 vocals (if such a thing exists), since I think there's something special about her delivery back when this heartbreak was so raw. The youthfulness/inexperience in her earlier recordings helps convey all that pain, whereas some of her new re-recorded vocals come across a tad too polished/precise/professional at times.
                Oh, I never thought about that, but yeah, that's actually a really good point! Also this comment made me re-listen to the original All Too Well because to be honest, I haven't heard the original album in years and never thought about some vocal changes when listening to Red (TV).

Originally posted by crystalphoenix View Post
                I haven't heard all of them (#flopfan), but I really enjoy both the "Dancing Witch Version" and "90's Trend Remix." The original's still my most-played version by far, but both of those mixes are definitely worthwhile in their own right.
                Well to be fair I also think I haven't heard them all simply because these EP and remix releases she's doing are a bit too much IMO and just "gimmicks" to get to #1. I would do the same in her shoes though, so I don't blame her, but still... glad to hear you also enjoyed the original version the most <3

Yeah, I'm looking forward to Crash, but I also don't get the logic in putting the album up for pre-order/pre-load SO far in advance. For me, such a long wait diminshes the hype more than enhances it.
                Yes! Also, the album doesn't seem to long so that's even weirder, isn't it? But it can get even worse... a former German Eurovision participant just announced his new album for a late August 2022 release and four of 14 songs are already released

• If I Can't Have Love, I Want Power really was a homerun (well, quality-wise. It deserved to be one on the charts too). Like you mentioned, the genre-blending and experimentation Halsey does across the album totally suits her (without being as avant-garde/high-concept/inaccessible as I thought it might be before it came out). What do you think of the new version of "Nightmare"? (Can't recall how the original did on your charts).
                Here's to even more amazing music moments in 2022, Tancel!
                So happy to see you agree with some stuff I wrote for I Am Not A Woman, I'm A God! Also yes, it should have been a hit on the charts as well... shockingly, it wasn't even just a moderate hit, it was basically completely nowhere on the charts, which is truly sad. But hey, the album earned her the very first Grammy nomination, so I'm definitely crossing my fingers for her to snatch the trophy at least.
                The original version of Nightmare wasn't the biggest hit for me (its chartrun was 14-*10*-17-23-30-Out), but I'm diggin the new version!

Thank you so much

Comment

• Originally posted by Blondini View Post
                  Energetic top 2.
                  I knew you would be pleased about this Top2 and I'm glad you charted them as well, especially Halsey!

Comment

• Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
                    Your #2 is decent. It's great that so many people were pleased with the project.

As for your #1, well, I'm inclined to say that "noise" is a rather apt translation/title for it. I'm in the camp that didn't like it, but great countdown otherwise, as always!
                    I knew you weren't the biggest fan of the Top2, especially my number one this year... definitely two songs I honestly also didn't expect to end up this high when they were released, but in the end, I ended up with so many great moments from 2021 and these two songs, so it's fitting.

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                    X