• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

60. Marina – Ancient Dreams In A Modern Land
    197 points

Chartrun: 12-*5*-7-5-14-23-28-37-Out / 8w
    Certification: -

Welsh singer-songwriter Marina opens this group with Ancient Dreams In A Modern Land, one of the singles to her latest album with the same name. This is a rather typical uptempo song for her, which is obviously a good thing. It’s her only appearance on the countdown, as Venus Fly Trap (#202), I Love You But I Love Me More (#198) and Purge The Poison (#156) are all bubbling under.

MUSIC VIDEO

59. Kacey Musgraves – Justified
    198 points

Chartrun: 9-13-*8*-8-11-19-30-35-38-Out / 9w

Following winning the Album of the Year Grammy for her last studio album Golden Hour, the expectations on a follow-up were huge and so all eyes were on Kacey when she released Star-crossed this year. Justified was one of its first singles and only took me over when the whole album came out, and it’s also one of the reasons why I like Star-crossed more than Golden Hour - beautiful song and her first of three entries on the countdown.

MUSIC VIDEO

58. Dennis Lloyd – The Way
    198 points

Chartrun: 13-*4*-7-14-14-17-24-37-Out / 8w

Israeli singer-songwriter Dennis Lloyd had his breakthrough with Nevermind back in 2016 and ever since that, he’s been scoring some nice hits every now and then. In 2021, he finally released his debut album Some Days, that also spawned The Way as a single. It’s nothing new in Dennis’ own discography, but why changing a formula that keeps working?

MUSIC VIDEO

57. Kacey Musgraves – Simple Times
    199 points

Chartrun: 13-10-11-*9*-13-21-26-33-34-Out / 9w

Following Justified at #59, here’s already Kacey’s second appearance - Simple Times, one of the uptempo songs on Star-crossed and definitely the song with most hit potential. While not being the hit it deserved to be on the charts out there, this was yet another hit for her on my weekly charts. The video is also very enjoyable if you liked those 00s teen movies.

MUSIC VIDEO

56. Aly & AJ – Potential Breakup Song
    199 points

Chartrun: *1*-1-6-9-16-25-32-39-Out / 8w

Originally released in 2007, Aly & AJ’s biggest hit to date - Potential Breakup Song - went viral on TikTok in December 2020 and so the duo recorded a new version that became one of the first number one hits on my weekly charts in 2021. This is just a fun Pop song to sing and dance along to. Sadly, despite releasing a new album and a bunch of singles in 2021, nothing came even close to this for them.

MUSIC VIDEO

Comment

55. Aura Dione – Worn Out American Dream
      201 points

Chartrun: *5*-7-7-11-13-20-28-36-Out / 8w

Danish singer Aura Dione keeps being underrated yet keeps appearing on my countdown - Worn Out American Dream was her only single release in 2021 and makes it all the way to #55. I think Aura keeps delivering catchy Pop tunes and this was no exception. Here’s to hope she finds her way back to the mainstream at some point.

MUSIC VIDEO

54. London Grammar – How Does It Feel
      203 points

Chartrun: 12-3-*2*-4-10-27-30-37-Out / 8w

Despite being critically acclaimed since their debut album, London Grammar never fully clicked with me until How Does It Feel dropped. What a beautiful song!

MUSIC VIDEO

53. VIZE & Tokio Hotel – White Lies
      208 points

Chartrun: 13-*7*-8-9-16-21-25-29-34-40-Out / 10w

I guess no one expected Tokio Hotel to have an appearance on the countdown in 2021 but here they are, with a very danceable, catchy tune that even became their highest peaking hit in Germany in over a decade.

MUSIC VIDEO

52. The Cast Of RuPaul's Drag Race, Season 13 – Phenomenon
      212 points

Chartrun: *2*-4-4-8-10-16-31-Out / 7w

Following ConDragulation at #79, here’s the second group song from RuPaul’s Drag Race, Season 13: Phenomenon. Here, the looser group had to write and perform their verses to one of RuPaul’s songs and this worked clearly better, the verses were catchier, the queens more relatable and even Kahmora’s awful vocals became popular among fans. This is even one of the best Drag Race related tracks ever in my books.

MUSIC VIDEO

51. Little Mix – No
      215 points

Chartrun: 4-*2*-2-7-8-8-SC / 6w

The fourth and final appearance for Little Mix just misses out on the Top50: No. The second single of their best of compilation Between Us caught me immediately, as I’m always here for a fierce Pop tune with a bit of R&B. Singing along to the chorus is one of my favorite things to do while driving to work for the past few weeks and I would already call this my second most favorite song ever by them, only behind Sweet Melody. This is still charting on the weekly charts and could therefor make an appearance next year as well.

MUSIC VIDEO

Comment

Bubbling Under

285. Aly & AJ – Listen!!!
        284. The Vivienne & Tia Kofi – Jingle Bell Rock
        283. Lil Nas X – That's What I Want
        282. Galantis, David Guetta & Little Mix – Heartbreak Anthem
        281. Robin Schulz & Dennis Lloyd – Young Right Now
        280. Alaska Thunder**** – Beautiful (Night 4 A) Breakdown
        279. Katy Perry – Electric
        278. Twenty One Pilots – Shy Away
        277. Selena Gomez – De Una Vez
        276. Elina Nechayeva – Remedy
        275. Demi Lovato – Anyone
        274. Albina – Tick-Tock
        273. Imagine Dragons – Cutthroat
        272. Joel Corry, RAYE & David Guetta – Bed
        271. Billie Eilish – Lost Cause
        270. Salem Ilese – (L)onely Child
        269. Angèle – Bruxelles je t'aime
        268. Willow & Avril Lavigne feat. Travis Barker – Grow
        267. Loreen – Sötvattentårar

266. Martin Garrix feat. Tove Lo – Pressure
        265. Vanessa Mai & FOURTY – Mitternacht
        264. DJ Snake & Selena Gomez – Selfish Love
        263. Sam Feldt feat. Kesha – Stronger
        262. Silk City & Ellie Goulding feat. Diplo & Mark Ronson – New Love
        261. Måneskin – Mammamia
        260. The Black Eyed Peas feat. Shakira – Girl Like Me
        259. Au/Ra – Bite Marks
        258. Priyanka – Country Queen
        257. Anne-Marie & Niall Horan – Our Song
        256. Astrid S & Dagny – Pretty
        255. Tori Amos – Spies
        254. Sigala & Rita Ora – You For Me
        253. David Guetta & MORTEN feat. Lanie Gardner – Dreams
        252. Tori Amos – Speaking With Trees
        251. Ariana Grande – POV
        250. Lo & Leduc – Tribut
        249. Famke Louise feat. Vanessa Van Cartier, My Little Puny & Vivaldi – Vieren
        248. Sotiria – Herz

Comment

276. Elina Nechayeva – Remedy - nice to see Elina making the chart this year anyway
          Always nice to see MARINA
          Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

Marina popular this year on the countdowns.

No grew on me a lot - shame to see Heartbreak Anthem so low!

Comment

Yay Marina.

Comment

YES! I love "No" as well! It's one of their perfect songs where it has high attitude verses, flawless pre-chorus and a super catchy chorus. It gets a huge yes from me.

Comment

The Kacey and Marina songs are good - I especially love Simple Times!
                  last.fm

Comment

"Justified" is fantastic and easily among my favourite and most-played songs of the year. Ah, I didn't realise "Simple Times" was that popular. I'm not a huge fan of it, but it's a solid track.

I listened to "How Does It Feel" yesterday and it's good.

Some decent ones bubbling under.

Spoiler!
                    Akini's Top 100 Albums of All-Time [2022 Edition: #95]
                    Your Billboard Top Ten: #1 As It Was [3 weeks]
                    AlbumClash 2.0: [Let's Eat Grandma vs. Kendrick Lamar]

I'm not saying I love you unconditionally, but we have been through a shitload of conditions and I'm still here.

Comment

Originally posted by heppolo View Post
                      276. Elina Nechayeva – Remedy - nice to see Elina making the chart this year anyway
                      Always nice to see MARINA
                      Remedy is probably going to chart higher on the Year-End Charts 2022, as it only just debuted on my weekly charts... still a great song!
                      Yes, she keeps releasing great stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Thriller View Post
                        Marina popular this year on the countdowns.

No grew on me a lot - shame to see Heartbreak Anthem so low!
                        True - but she also released a great album with several great singles

Glad to hear that, love No! And yeah, Heartbreak Anthem is definitely one of the songs where I thought it did better for me than it actually has...

Comment

Originally posted by Blondini View Post
                          Yay Marina.
                          She definitely delivered another good album this year!

Comment

Originally posted by ludichris View Post
                            YES! I love "No" as well! It's one of their perfect songs where it has high attitude verses, flawless pre-chorus and a super catchy chorus. It gets a huge yes from me.
                            Glad to hear I'm not alone with the love for No And you described it perfectly!

Comment

Originally posted by Carbon View Post
                              The Kacey and Marina songs are good - I especially love Simple Times!
                              Nice to see some love for Simple Times. Somehow I feel like it's often overlooked, but it's such a good song with such a great video.

Comment

Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
                                "Justified" is fantastic and easily among my favourite and most-played songs of the year. Ah, I didn't realise "Simple Times" was that popular. I'm not a huge fan of it, but it's a solid track.

I listened to "How Does It Feel" yesterday and it's good.

Some decent ones bubbling under.

Spoiler!
                                Obviously not surprised to see your love for Kacey on the latest update - a shame the album didn't do more on the mainstream charts out there.

Glad you enjoyed How Does It Fell, and good to see that you're enjoying some of the bubbling under group as well!

Comment

Yeah Marina has made like… every chart with that song lol. No is great, but I think LM have released several better this year, it’s been a really good year for farm which makes it weirder lots of them didn’t do much chart wise. Phenomenon is pretty good *for* a Drag Race song lol
                                  Check out my Top 100 of 2012 Countdown!

Comment

Originally posted by king_oxymoron View Post
                                    Yeah Marina has made like… every chart with that song lol. No is great, but I think LM have released several better this year, it’s been a really good year for farm which makes it weirder lots of them didn’t do much chart wise. Phenomenon is pretty good *for* a Drag Race song lol
                                    Yeah... also nice to see how many people agreed that this is her best this year. Just saw that No also appeared on your countdown, yay! So ... I guess I can expect more from Little Mix on your countdown if No wasn't their best? The shade for Phenomenon... but nice that it's also one of the best ones for you

Comment

50. Tiësto & Ava Max – The Motto
                                      216 points

Chartrun: *2*-2-7-8-14-17-21-SC / 7w

With The Motto by Tiësto and Ava Max, a very current song opens the Top50. Dutch DJ and producer Tiësto has been in the business for around two decades yet this became his very first notation on my weekly charts, while Ava Max is obviously no stranger and has been one of the biggest stars on the countdown last year. This track is a proof that she’s definitely here to stay.

MUSIC VIDEO

49. Taylor Swift – Willow
                                      221 points

Chartrun in 2020: *1*-2- / 2w
                                      Chartrun in 2021: *1*-3-5-10-12-18-21-24-29-Out / 9w
                                      Certification: GOLD
                                      Ranking in the YEC 2020: #175

The second and already final appearance for Taylor this year is Willow, the only single of her latest regular studio album Evermore, that already dropped in late 2020, which is why Willow already bubbled under last year. Willow is the perfect representation for Evermore, as it’s a beautifully crafted, mellow song with such a pleasing melody. This even turned out to become one of her biggest hits ever on my weekly charts.

MUSIC VIDEO

48. Rina Sawayama – Lucid
                                      222 points

Chartrun in 2020: 5-*1*-2-3- / 4w
                                      Chartrun in 2021: *2*-2-4-9-13-20-26-27-30-33-38-Out / 11w
                                      Certification: PLATINUM
                                      Ranking in the YEC 2020: #111

And another song that was already released in late 2020 and made an even bigger impact on my charts in 2021: Lucid by Rina Sawayama. Rina released her debut album in 2020 and while it was good and spawned some moderately successful singles, she moved on quickly with the stand alone single Lucid that has become her first real hit. If you like Charli XCX, Kim Petras or Ava Max, this is a must check out for you.

MUSIC VIDEO

47. Agnes – 24 Hours
                                      223 points

Chartrun: *6*-6-8-10-17-20-21-28-36-Out-RE 35-Out / 10w

The second of three appearances for Swedish songstress Agnes is 24 Hours, the song that started her successful year. I still have her 2008 hit single Release Me in my ear from time to time and remember it very well, but I still never cared to check out something from her ever since. This year, the topic for 24 Hours always popped up on UKMix and some members were raving about the song, so I decided to give it a go and immediately understood why it got so much love. A big Pop moment in 2021, but she had an even stronger single.

MUSIC VIDEO

46. Anette Olzon – Fantastic Fanatic
                                      229 points

Chartrun: *3*-7-15-4-12-15-27-26-31-Out / 9w

I guess Anette Olzon is no stranger and someone who’s been appearing on my countdown constantly over the past few years, yet my charts is probably the only one where she does so. She’s still mostly known as the second frontwoman of Symphonic Metal band Nightwish, but ever since going solo and doing other projects from 2013 onwards, she’s become one of my most loved artists ever. In 2021, she finally dropped her long awaited second solo album called Strong, where Fantastic Fanatic served as the third single. It’s the catchy Rock meets ABBA sound I’ve got to love from her and only her first of four appearances this year.

MUSIC VIDEO

Comment

45. Dennis Lloyd – Anxious
                                        229 points

Chartrun: 6-6-*3*-5-8-15-24-32-Out / 8w

The second and final appearance for Dennis Lloyd following The Way at #58 is Anxious, yet another song that offers no surprises in his discography, yet it’s still good and incredibly catchy.

MUSIC VIDEO

44. Katja Krasavice & Leony – Raindrops
                                        238 points

Chartrun: *1*-1-6-6-11-13-11-SC / 7w

The two German singers teamed up on a still very current single: Raindrops, a short, but incredibly catchy and clever Pop song with another colorful, catching video. While this is Leony’s first and only appearance on my year-end countdown ever, this is already Katja’s second appearance this year, but still not the last. With her upcoming third album dropping in early 2022, I think Raindrops has a shot of appearing on next years countdown as well.

MUSIC VIDEO

43. Bebe Rexha – Sacrifice
                                        244 points

Chartrun: 5-*3*-6-12-16-22-25-29-34-23-32-Out / 11w

Bebe Rexha’s Sacrifice was one of many Dance-Pop bangers this year that deserved way more success than what they got. Bebe already scored several big hits and this is definitely one of her best songs to date.

MUSIC VIDEO

42. Mabel – Let Them Know
                                        245 points

Chartrun: 26-19-12-5-*4*-7-16-21-30-31-35-Out / 11w

While Mabel scored hits all around the globe with Don’t Call Me Up and Mad Love in 2019, those two shockingly never made it onto my weekly charts and so Let Them Know actually became her very first entry on her own (and second overall besides being featured on Clean Bandit’s Tick-Tock). She immediately made everything right with a pure Pop bop and one of the better ones this year. Here’s to hope she finally follows this up soon.

MUSIC VIDEO

41. Helene Fischer – Null auf 100
                                        248 points

Chartrun: 3-*1*-2-7-10-15-22-30-33-39-SC / 10w

German Schlager-Pop queen Helene Fischer finally returned with a new album called Rausch in 2021 and as expected, it also contained a fantastic Dance-Pop tune with Null auf 100. Starting off slowly as a ballad, the song turns into a real banger and there’s nothing on this that still sounds like Schlager, further contributing to her departure from her musical origins. It’s also Helene’s biggest hit ever on my charts so far.

MUSIC VIDEO

Comment

Bubbling Under

247. The Kid Laroi & Justin Bieber – Stay
                                          246. Billie Eilish – No Time To Die
                                          245. Yebba – Boomerang
                                          244. Zara Larsson feat. Young Thug – Talk About Love
                                          243. Lena – Strip
                                          242. Amy Shark feat. Keith Urban – Love Songs Ain't For Us
                                          241. Arch Enemy – Deceiver, Deceiver
                                          240. Within Temptation – The Purge
                                          239. RuPaul – Blame It On The Edit
                                          238. Manizha – Russian Woman
                                          237. Paloma Faith – Monster
                                          236. Shawn Mendes – It'll Be Okay
                                          235. Brooke Lynn Hytes feat. Priyanka – Queen Of The North
                                          234. Lana Del Rey – Chemtrails Over The Country Club
                                          233. All Time Low feat. Demi Lovato & blackbear – Monsters
                                          232. Ed Sheeran – Overpass Graffiti
                                          231. The Cast Of RuPaul's Drag Race UK, Season 3 – B.D.E. (Pick 'n' Mix Version)
                                          230. Auri – Kiss The Mountain
                                          229. Taylor Swift feat. Chris Stapleton – I Bet You Think About Me

228. Katja Krasavice – Pussy Power
                                          227. Lana Del Rey – Arcadia
                                          226. OneRepublic – Someday
                                          225. Benny Cristo – Omaga
                                          224. Ariana Grande feat. Doja Cat & Megan Thee Stallion – 34+35
                                          223. K/DA, Madison Beer & (G)I-dle feat. Lexie Liu, Jaira Burns, Seraphine & League Of Legends) – More
                                          222. Doja Cat – Woman
                                          221. Justin Bieber feat. Daniel Caesar & Giveon – Peaches
                                          220. Vanessa Mai – Leichter
                                          219. Skylar Grey, Polo G, Mozzy & Eminem – Last One Standing
                                          218. Natalia Gordienko – Sugar
                                          217. Alan Walker & Ava Max – Alone, Pt. II
                                          216. Justin Bieber – Hold On
                                          215. Choriza May – My Pussy Is Like A Peach
                                          214. Dua Lipa – Love Again (Imanbek Remix)
                                          213. The Cast Of RuPaul's Drag Race UK, Season 3 – B.D.E. (Slice Girls Version)
                                          212. Saweetie feat. Doja Cat (& Katja Krasavice) – Best Friend
                                          211. Selena Gomez & Rauw Alejandro – Baila Conmigo
                                          210. Taylor Swift – Love Story

Comment

The Motto, Lucid, 24 Hours and Let The Know - all bangers! Great year for female dance-pop actually.

Comment

218. Natalia Gordienko – Sugar - the meme queen herself

I really like "Lucid". Also funny how the artworks of #41, #42 and #43 kinda match.
                                              Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

I went walking Christmas Day and the song I heard playing from a nearby store wasn't actually MC's AIWFCIY, but "The Motto"!

Wait, what? FINAL. APPEARANCE. FROM. TAYLOR. ALISON. SWIFT?

"Lucid" and "24 Hours" are both good. "Let Them Know" is a bop.

A good bubbling under set.

Spoiler!
                                                Akini's Top 100 Albums of All-Time [2022 Edition: #95]
                                                Your Billboard Top Ten: #1 As It Was [3 weeks]
                                                AlbumClash 2.0: [Let's Eat Grandma vs. Kendrick Lamar]

I'm not saying I love you unconditionally, but we have been through a shitload of conditions and I'm still here.

Comment

Some great stuff again The Motto, 24 Hours and Lucid all good bops. Willow the other end of the spectrum but very beautiful with it, completely agree with what you said about Bebe deserving more with that song. And Mabel falls under that category too. For me it felt like she levelled up and the public were like ‘no we want more basic stuff’ Lol
                                                  Check out my Top 100 of 2012 Countdown!

Comment

• Originally posted by Thriller View Post
                                                    The Motto, Lucid, 24 Hours and Let The Know - all bangers! Great year for female dance-pop actually.
                                                    Yes, 2021 had a lot of great female led Dance-Pop songs - there's even more to come on my countdown!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X