Tansike's Year-End Charts 2021 [Mammy Awards 2022]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thriller View Post
    I love Agnes but deffo a 2020 song for me. M had a great track too, actually quite similar to Agnes’ latest material.

Nice to see Ofenbach but also a 2020 song for me
    Both 2020 songs were late discoveries for me... especially Fingers Crossed, which is still rather new to me But glad you're liking them, and Live To Survive as well!

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
      Most of the songs here I've never heard, but there are some exceptions:

428. Avril Lavigne – Bite Me

Why so f*cking low?
      Glad there are still a few you're familiar with on my list!

Avril's Bite Me is just ok to me... I was rather disappointed in it, not gonna lie

406. Vanessa Mai – Sommerwind

Great song from 2020!
      Yes, was still charting late due to the album release. Hopefully new music is coming soon from her, I didn't really enjoy her latest single (which turned out into her biggest hit on the official charts to date... ugh!

87. Taylor Swift – All Too Well (Taylor’s Version)

Haven't heard this version but the original is nice.

333. Taylor Swift – I Knew You Were Trouble

Great song from 2012!
      Yes for the Taylor love!

The new version of All Too Well is truly magical. If you already enjoyed the original, then I think you should enjoy the new one as well.

Glad you like I Knew You Were Trouble! Definitely one of her best songs for me and another re-discovery thanks to the Red re-release.

78. Stefania – Last Dance

Possibly the best ESC song this year (I don't remember most of the rest).
      Aw... as you probably know, I loved ESC this year. But good to know you approve Last Dance!

Comment

Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
        Well Akini should be pleased with a couple of those selections

Stefania, Ofenbach, and Agnes are the winners of your last set. It's nice seeing Agnes pop up on so many lists. I didn't hear Fingers Crossed until this year either. It won one of this year's FSC contests.
        The Drag Race ones? I hope so!

Glad you like those three from the latest set. Definitely some bigger Dance-Pop moments this year! Yes, Agnes seems to be on many countdowns this year which is totally unexpected, but so well deserved. She's kinda giving me Robyn 2010 teas (if you're familiar with her).

Comment

I agree with Mike that Agnes song reminds me of 2020 but still a big bop, as are both Big and Live To Survive. The RPDR ones are cute but nothing amazing for me.
          Check out my Top 100 of 2012 Countdown!

Comment

Originally posted by king_oxymoron View Post
            I agree with Mike that Agnes song reminds me of 2020 but still a big bop, as are both Big and Live To Survive. The RPDR ones are cute but nothing amazing for me.
            Yes, a bop remains a bop <3 I can't believe I missed out on in last year, but better late than never. Also glad you mention Big and Live To Survive. Yes, RDPR are nothing serious of course, but I just need those cute bops every now and then.

Comment

70. Little Mix – Sweet Melody
              188 points

Chartrun in 2020: *2*-3-5-6-8-11-12- / 7w
              Chartrun in 2021: 18-20-23-28-32-35-38-Out-RE 13-*4*-9-26-37-Out / 12w
              Certification: PLATINUM
              Ranking in the YEC 2020: #48

The third of four appearances for the British girl group is the first out of eight entries on the countdown that already debuted on the weekly charts in 2020: Sweet Melody. The UK top hit is Pop perfection in my ears and while it was already my most favorite song by Little Mix ever in late 2020, the release of their best of compilation Between Us cemented that status for me.

MUSIC VIDEO

69. Evanescence – Yeah Right
              189 points

Chartrun in 2020: *4*-21-32- / 3w
              Chartrun in 2021: 18-20-23-28-32-35-38-Out-RE 13-*4*-9-26-37-Out / 12w
              Certification: GOLD
              Ranking in the YEC 2020: #193

American Rock band Evanescence finally returned with their first studio album with completely new songs in nearly a decade, as they released The Bitter Truth in early 2021. Yeah Right already served as a single in late 2020 and proved to be a standout on the album itself as well. I like the Electronic influences in this one a lot. Their first of two entries on the countdown this year.

MUSIC VIDEO

68. Lil Nas X & Jack Harlow – Industry Baby
              190 points

Chartrun: 16-*9*-9-15-17-20-28-Out-RE 28-37-Out / 9w
              Certification: -

Lil Nas X is without a doubt one of the biggest Popstars of 2021 and he obviously also made his impact on me. It feels so right to have someone like him smashing all over the world and he being just himself feels refreshing. With that said, I still think his music overall is a bit overrated – but Industry Baby with Jack Harlow was his shining moment musically, this anthem gets you in the right mood every time you listen to it! It’s his only appearance on the countdown, as Montero (Call Me By Your Name) is bubbling under at #107.

MUSIC VIDEO

67. Imagine Dragons – Wrecked
              191 points

Chartrun: *7*-7-8-14-25-39-Out-RE 18-23-37-Out / 9w

Imagine Dragons also returned with their new album Mercury - Act I in 2021 and while the album itself was rather disappointing in their other-wisely strong discography, Wrecked still stood out and adds well to their earlier singles. I like this ballad a lot and it also turned into a huge hit over here in Switzerland.

MUSIC VIDEO

66. Auri – The Valley
              191 points

Chartrun: *1*-2-4-8-16-25-40-Out / 7w

The second and final appearance for Prog-Folk trio Auri is The Valley, another magical journey packed in under five minutes. It’s the first #1 song on the countdown, though six songs that topped the weekly charts in 2021 are even missing out on the Year-End Top100.

MUSIC VIDEO

Comment

65. Senhit – Adrenalina
                193 points

Chartrun: 20-26-37-Out-RE 17-6-*4*-11-25-32-39-Out / 10w

San Marino was never a standout at the Eurovision Song Contest but they really came in hard in 2021 with Adrenalina by the super sympathetic Senhit. This is exactly the feel-good Pop that I need at the contest, and besides a great video, I thought Senhit also performed this extremely well at the contest. Adding Flo Rida was just the icing of the cake.

MUSIC VIDEO

64. Nick Jonas – This Is Heaven
                193 points

Chartrun: 14-11-*8*-9-14-18-26-35-Out / 8w

Following a successful comeback with the Jonas Brothers, Nick Jonas released his third solo album in 2021 and the album spawned This Is Heaven. If I think about Nick, this is exactly the kind of music I’m seeing him being the best. A fun, funky song with a very catchy hook… shocked this did absolutely nothing on the charts out there.

MUSIC VIDEO

63. Katja Krasavice – Alles schon gesehen
                194 points

Chartrun in 2020: *7*- / 1w
                Chartrun in 2021: *8*-17-18-21-26-12-17-22-27-31-36-Out / 11w
                Certification: GOLD
                Ranking in the YEC 2020: #267

Katja Krasavice is a perfect example of not judging a book by its cover, as the former German YouTube personality has a very NSFW image, but there lies so much more in her. Alles schon gesehen was the third single of her second studio album Eure Mami and already shortly charted in late 2020. As usual for Katja, this has a colorful, very well shot music video and is her first out of four entries on the countdown this year.

MUSIC VIDEO

62. OneRepublic – Run
                196 points

Chartrun: *5*-5-14-17-22-28-36-Out-RE 19-27-Out / 9w

OneRepublic are always here for a hit or two a year and in 2021, they served us with Run. It’s not much different to many of their other hits, but that’s actually not a bad thing in their case.

MUSIC VIDEO

61. Katy Perry – Not The End Of The World
                196 points

Chartrun: *7*-11-16-24-21-22-23-25-28-37-Out / 10w

Katy Perry closes this group with Not The End Of The World, the final single of her album Smile. This was already the clear standout on the album when it came out in August 2020, so thankfully, they actually also decided to release a video for it. Sadly, Katy seems to be in a tough place and the song ended up as a flop on the worldwide charts, but it became her biggest success on my charts since the Witness era (2017).

MUSIC VIDEO

Comment

Bubbling Under

323. Helene Fischer feat. Luis Fonsi – Vamos a Marte
                  322. Sia & David Guetta – Floating Through Space
                  321. Cardi B – Up
                  320. Kelly Clarkson – Christmas Isn't Cancelled (Just You)
                  319. Years & Years – Crave
                  318. Imanbek & LP – Fighter
                  317. The Cast Of RuPaul's Drag Race UK, Season 2 – UK Hun? (Bananadrama Version)
                  316. Troye Sivan & Kacey Musgraves feat. Mark Ronson – Easy
                  315. Ariadne – Shouldn't Be Friends
                  314. Milky Chance – Colorado
                  313. Sam Feldt & Rita Ora – Follow Me
                  312. RuPaul – Just What They Want
                  311. Lauren Jauregui – Colors
                  310. Todrick Hall – Rainin' Fellas
                  309. Tix – Fallen Angel
                  308. Jamie-Lee Kriewitz – Seoul
                  307. Loredana & Delara – Checka
                  306. Katja Krasavice – Ich seh
                  305. Shirin David & Kitty Kat – Be A Hoe / Break A Hoe

304. CL – Tie A Cherry
                  303. Zoe Wees feat. 6Lack – That's How It Goes
                  302. Aly & AJ – I Need My Girl
                  301. Dotter – Little Dot
                  300. Harry Styles – Treat People With Kindness
                  299. Kylie Minogue & Dua Lipa – Real Groove
                  298. Felix Jaehn & VIZE feat. Miss Li – Close Your Eyes
                  297. Alan Walker & Georgia Ku – Don't You Hold Me Down
                  296. Priyanka – Cake
                  295. Miley Cyrus (ft. Stevie Nicks) – Midnight Sky / Edge Of Midnight
                  294. Hurricane – Loco Loco
                  293. The Ros – The Devil In The Details
                  292. Frock Destroyers – Break Up Bye Bye
                  291. Bebe Rexha feat. Doja Cat – Baby I'm Jealous
                  290. Lorde – Stoned At The Nail Salon
                  289. Samanta Tina – The Moon Is Rising
                  288. Jason DeRulo feat. Adam Levine – Lifestyle
                  287. Mod Sun feat. Avril Lavigne – Flames
                  286. Icesis Couture & Velvet Code – La Pusetta

Comment

A lotttttt of Drag Race in the bubbling under!
                    Sweet Melody is a huge song, again 2020 for me haha. But huge. This Is Heaven is different vibes but similarly a huge anthem, great pick. Wrecked and Run are decent songs and Industry Baby is great, I’m not sure why I included Nas other songs in my list but not that.
                    Check out my Top 100 of 2012 Countdown!

Comment

"Adrenalina" was one of the biggest WTF moments of the year when Flo Rida popped up out of nowhere. "Little Dot" is so well-produced, but lacks something extra to convince the voters I guess.
                      Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

Industry Baby may be my favourite LNX one, will have to see how my own countdown pans out.

Sweet Melody marked a renewed interest in Little Mix for me, MNEK did himself proud that time.

Also enjoyed Wrecked and Adrenalina.

Comment

We feel similarly about "Last Dance". I, too, did not know "Fingers Crossed" was released in 2020.

"Sweet Melody" is one of the best pop songs ever. Glad Jesy got to be a part of it before she jumped ship. "Industry Baby" is deservedly Lil Nas X's highest entry.

I always thought NJ was too basic to give me a song I liked as much as "This is Heaven". It was good to be wrong there. "Not the End of the World" is a fantastic song. It's a shame the GP haven't embraced anything she's done since "Chained to the Rhythm".

These bubbling under ones are good/great:

Spoiler!
                          Akini's Top 100 Albums of All-Time: [#1]
                          Akini's Top 100 Songs of 2022: [#1]
                          Akini's Top 25 Albums of 2022: [#1]
                          Akini's Top 25 Artists of 2022: [#1]
                          Akini's Favourite Music Videos: [#1]
                          Your Billboard Top Ten: #1 Kill Bill
                          AlbumClash 2.0: [SZA vs. Sam Smith]

"These gays, they're trying to murder me."

Comment

Kandyfloss!

It should have been a single in the first place! Was a moment when i heard the Tia version.
                            She had to convince the celebs in the house that she was a real popstar and not a civilian. She succeeded! And then went on to marry an actual popstar and co-star in the house - Preston from The Ordinary Boys. Didn't last.
                            Last edited by Blondini; Mon December 27, 2021, 18:50.

Comment

Sweet Melody, All Too Well v good. White Dress good.

Growing Up Is Getting Old is 300 places too low.

Comment

I like seeing Evanescence here! Good record

Comment

#308: Should be around 300 positions higher.

#301: Found the logo for it: (I think the real title is "Little Tot")
                                  Weekly Top 30 | 2020 YEC | 2018 YEC | 2017 YEC | 2016 YEC | 2015 YEC

Comment

Not The End Of The World is the great one from Katy. All Too Well (TV) is impressive. Moreover, love to see Iggy's in the Top, both #100 & #99.
                                    Punchkano's Weekly Top 20

*NEW* Punchkano's Top 50 Singles Of 2022

Comment

Originally posted by king_oxymoron View Post
                                      A lotttttt of Drag Race in the bubbling under!
                                      Sweet Melody is a huge song, again 2020 for me haha. But huge. This Is Heaven is different vibes but similarly a huge anthem, great pick. Wrecked and Run are decent songs and Industry Baby is great, I’m not sure why I included Nas other songs in my list but not that.
                                      Yeah, I didn't even realize that many Drag Race queens charted on my charts
                                      Agreed on Sweet Melody and yes, 2020 but it carried over to 2021 for me as well. Glad you're enjoying This Is Heaven as well, very underrated out there. Also yay for the Wrecked & Run appreciation - two artists who are easily overlooked on UKMix yet they keep delivering.

Comment

Originally posted by heppolo View Post
                                        "Adrenalina" was one of the biggest WTF moments of the year when Flo Rida popped up out of nowhere. "Little Dot" is so well-produced, but lacks something extra to convince the voters I guess.
                                        WTF but the good old WTF moment that is kinda typical for Eurovision so I was here for it Yes, I liked Little Dot but never got why it was so loved among some fans, I see why it didn't won Melodifestivalen.

Comment

Industry Baby may be my favourite LNX one, will have to see how my own countdown pans out.

Sweet Melody marked a renewed interest in Little Mix for me, MNEK did himself proud that time.

Also enjoyed Wrecked and Adrenalina.
                                          Good to hear that, so we agree on this being his best!

Yes, MNEK did several great songs for them.

Glad you like those two as well!

Comment

Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
                                            We feel similarly about "Last Dance". I, too, did not know "Fingers Crossed" was released in 2020.

"Sweet Melody" is one of the best pop songs ever. Glad Jesy got to be a part of it before she jumped ship. "Industry Baby" is deservedly Lil Nas X's highest entry.

I always thought NJ was too basic to give me a song I liked as much as "This is Heaven". It was good to be wrong there. "Not the End of the World" is a fantastic song. It's a shame the GP haven't embraced anything she's done since "Chained to the Rhythm".

These bubbling under ones are good/great:

Yay, so same with Last Dance and Fingers Crossed! Definitely a "better late than never" situation for the latter!

Oh wow, even "ever"? That's a huge statement... and I don't disagree with it! Will be tough for them to ever top this.

I think some of Nick's earlier solo singles are also really good, so they never clicked with you I guess? This Is Heaven is a true bop though, I also like the sax on this one... there used to be a time when many artists tried to include a sax and it rarely worked, but here it does.
                                            Yes to Katy... Not The End Of The World should have been a hit but I guess it's going to be tough for Katy to ever score another bit hit, unless she does another collaboration like on Feels.

Glad you're enjoying many tracks from the bubbling unders!

Comment

Originally posted by Blondini View Post
                                              Sweet Melody, All Too Well v good. White Dress good.

Growing Up Is Getting Old is 300 places too low.
                                              Good to see you're enjoying those - didn't know you also enjoy Sweet Melody, that's great!

Haha, I kinda sensed you would call that out Somehow Victoria's song didn't really click with me this year.

Comment

Originally posted by MusicLover88 View Post
                                                I like seeing Evanescence here! Good record
                                                Yay some love for Evanescence! Yes, I thought the whole album was really good, definitely one of the biggest highlights this year for me

Comment

#308: Should be around 300 positions higher.

#301: Found the logo for it: (I think the real title is "Little Tot")
                                                  ...or even 307 positions higher? I'm glad you're enjoying Seoul that much, it's a good song for sure, but kinda got lost in a busy crowd for me when it got released.

Haha... well, Tot = point and Dot = daughter, right?

Comment

Originally posted by punchkano1 View Post
                                                    Not The End Of The World is the great one from Katy. All Too Well (TV) is impressive. Moreover, love to see Iggy's in the Top, both #100 & #99.
                                                    Katy's whole Smile era had some great bops yet she keeps being underrated these days, so glad you enjoyed that song too! Taylor keeps winning and All Too Well (TV) is just brilliant!
                                                    Also yay for some Iggy love <3

Comment

Working...
                                                    X