X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 58. Lady Gaga - John Wayne
    [youtube:1yz3ns1n]j5GMgLM6aqo[/youtube:1yz3ns1n]
    Current All-Time Position: #184

Gaga smashed my chart this year with this pop banger, really great and I love her live performances of it in 2016.
    My tits are made of silicone, just like the Earth and sea...

Comment

• 57. Melody Gardot - Mira
      [youtube:ltplc1ot]C6X9uq05H74[/youtube:ltplc1ot]
      Current All-Time Position: #33

This is so exotic and worldly, great sound for her beautiful voice, definitely is becoming a big fave as it smashes through into my top 40 all-time this year.

Comment

• 56. Larkin Grimm - Don't Come Down, Darkness
        [youtube:1a4e5nrh]t-DjTJUM_zs[/youtube:1a4e5nrh]
        Current All-Time Position: #45

One of her more bare-bone folk/pop songs, it's so romantic and pretty, great song, click and have a listen!

Comment

• 55. Melanie C - Dear Life
          [youtube:31ss52ua]CoqeTtdhXEE[/youtube:31ss52ua]
          Current All-Time Position: #180

Another 2016 release, I really enjoyed the production and lyrics of this gentle pop song from Mel C, will be checking her new album out soon.

Comment

• 54. Paul Simon - The Riverbank
            [youtube:1n87huhj]E5CySdSYnNQ[/youtube:1n87huhj]
            Current All-Time Position: #70

A great track from his latest album, this is it's 2nd year in my YE due to discovering a live version before the official studio version was released, almost a year prior.

Comment

• 53. Kirsty MacColl - Walking Down Madison
              [youtube:3ufpdpj1]1ploIlurVZ8[/youtube:3ufpdpj1]
              Current All-Time Position: #176

Kirsty was pretty versatile, this has a cool hiphop/dance vibe, I like the message and the great melody, I expect this to rise up my all-time list also.

Comment

• 52. Yoko Ono - Remember Love
                [youtube:1dxshsix]kmffo8XNSNM[/youtube:1dxshsix]
                Current All-Time Position: #174

Being a big Yoko fan there are still songs I'm discovering from her, this is so beautiful and simple. I really love the true and important message of the song, I love how her voice lifts and changes the melody slightly nearer the end of the song too.

Comment

• Love the Amy and Nerina Pallot songs!
                  #Pray4AL6

Comment

• 51. Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Still...You Turn Me On
                    [youtube:12m3h1vn]_8VHHcd0M_o[/youtube:12m3h1vn]
                    Current All-Time Position: #93

Firstly RIP to Greg Lake who died in 2016, this is one of my faves from them, such a cool sound.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrRager
                      Love the Amy and Nerina Pallot songs!
                      I know, great aren't they.

Originally posted by heppolo
                      Larkin Grimm - Dominican Rum
                      A wonderful song
                      !!! Glad you like the song hep! It sure is.

Comment

• Great to see John Wayne and Dear Life.. some of the best songs from their respective albums.. Mel's definitely worth a spin!
                        Check out my Top 100 of 2012 Countdown!

Comment

• Originally posted by king_oxymoron
                          Great to see John Wayne and Dear Life.. some of the best songs from their respective albums.. Mel's definitely worth a spin!
                          Yes, great picks, I'm looking forward to hearing Mel's album!

Comment

• 57. Melody Gardot - Mira
                            59. Bat For Lashes - In God's House
                            these two entries bring a profound feeling of harmony
                            Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• Originally posted by heppolo
                              57. Melody Gardot - Mira
                              Agreed with this, glad you like these ones hep!

Comment

• Originally posted by CrazyCrazy
                                Originally posted by heppolo
                                57. Melody Gardot - Mira
                                Agreed with this, glad you like these ones hep!
                                I actually like most of the entries, some of them are classics so it's a given
                                Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• Yes I love my golden oldies!

Another 10 tunes now...

Comment

• 50. David Bowie - I'm Afraid of Americans
                                    [youtube:2j4r6uf2]u7APmRkatEU[/youtube:2j4r6uf2]
                                    Current All-Time Position: #162

Aren't we all David! No but seriously this song is even more relevant right now with Trump in power. Great track with the involvement of Trent Reznor.

Comment

• 49. Paul Simon - Thelma
                                      [youtube:37dzv8cj]hKrJwvV3VLs[/youtube:37dzv8cj]
                                      Current All-Time Position: #21

A shimmering pop track from Paul, the lyrics, melody, everything is timeless, so hooked to this one toe-tapping goodness.

Comment

• ERROR

Comment

• 48. Larkin Grimm - Mina Minou
                                          [youtube:36bsjdk8]fcJOltgcn-I[/youtube:36bsjdk8]
                                          Current All-Time Position: #43

Spellbinding, the song is about the continuation of the life-force after the body dies as ya do! .

Comment

• 47. Betsy - Wanted More
                                            [youtube:34yv5vlx]T3kBKWaXCZ4[/youtube:34yv5vlx]
                                            Current All-Time Position: #173

VoteMe made a thread about this song so therefor introduced me to this, I like her voice, reminiscent of Clare Maguire, catchy pop song! Curious for an album now. I showed my mum this song and she thought she was a man.

Comment

• 46. Meg Myers - Motel
                                              [youtube:1z3qyjrg]CvR4EXOnAtE[/youtube:1z3qyjrg]
                                              Current All-Time Position: #169

Blondini introduced me to Meg, I enjoyed her album this year, this was the biggest hitter, so infectious, great hook, love her voice, "wanna love, wanna live, wanna breathe, wanna give, want it all, but it's hard and it's dark"...

Comment

• 45. Amy Studt - Here Lies Love
                                                [youtube:1geceyp1]fG4OgJSi-Bg[/youtube:1geceyp1]
                                                Current All-Time Position: #38

Bjork vibe musically I guess, this is a stunning track from Amy, so serene yet powerful.

Comment

• 44. Judee Sill - The Pearl
                                                  [youtube:k2u1ls5f]wJDfet1w05E[/youtube:k2u1ls5f]
                                                  Current All-Time Position: #14

A spiritual ditty from the late Ms Sill (well most of her songs are), perfect, the song has a hopeful yet sad lyric.

Comment

• 43. Jazmine Sullivan - Mascara
                                                    [youtube:uogunm8o]ed2nSh7QraY[/youtube:uogunm8o]
                                                    Current All-Time Position: #167

I think I can credit this to Carbon when he included it in a game I hosted not so long ago, I really like her feisty style here and this song is just so catchy!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X