No announcement yet.

Crazy's Most Popular Songs of 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 78. Yoko Ono - Give Me Something (feat. Sparks)
    [youtube:3jqy832y]N3Un-9lzDD0[/youtube:3jqy832y]
    Current All-Time Position: #215

A snappy re-working of an old Yoko song, it's so catchy!
    My tits are made of silicone, just like the Earth and sea...

Comment

• 77. David Wise - Aquatic Ambiance
      [youtube:1tij5r2m]LDvKwSVuUGA[/youtube:1tij5r2m]
      Current All-Time Position: #16

So nostalgic for me as it will be for anyone who loved this game as a kid! I think it's a beautiful piece of music aside from that though for sure.

Comment

• Love Pipe Dreams, can't wait for the album.
        *CLICK* - FREE AMAZON/ITUNES VOUCHERS - *CLICK*

Comment

• 76. Amy Studt - Walking Out
          [youtube:1aou6th8]vhAvar97a60[/youtube:1aou6th8]
          Current All-Time Position: #56

This was probably my initial favourite from her album when I first heard it in 2008 but it seemed to resurface again this year, a lovely song with her beautiful voice.

Comment

• 75. Howe Gelb & A Band of Gypsies - Uneven Light Of Day
            [youtube:14lmgvwn]3MA12Vr1LqI[/youtube:14lmgvwn]
            Current All-Time Position: #211

Love the Americana vibe to this and his gruff and relaxed sounding voice, really subtle hook, great tune.

Comment

• 74. Yoko Ono - Mrs. Lennon
              [youtube:a7k1rrcd]9wZGwXFP7RY[/youtube:a7k1rrcd]
              Current All-Time Position: #64

Yoko has a way with expressing some raw feeling in her songs and this song is one of them, so sad and beautiful sonically, cool video too.

Comment

• 73. Everything Everything - Spring / Sun / Winter / Dread
                [youtube:2148quuv]u3FO46D1dqs[/youtube:2148quuv]
                Current All-Time Position: #72

I just love his voice, one of my fave quirky pop bands, this is infectious and anthemic!

Comment

• 72. Corinne Bailey Rae - Like A Star
                  [youtube:1d086eht]gvH9Ccqk5qc[/youtube:1d086eht]
                  Current All-Time Position: #209

With the release of her new album I rediscovered this soft and gentle gem, she has a great and unique voice.

Comment

• 71. Rumer - Aretha
                    [youtube:18nloruk]ERzNIzrEnLg[/youtube:18nloruk]
                    Current All-Time Position: #208

Something so bittersweet about this beauty, Rumer has one of my fave current female voices.

Comment

• Originally posted by Biebz
                      Love Pipe Dreams, can't wait for the album.
                      Yes! Glad you appreciate the sound of the song, it's a great way of re-introducing herself.

Comment

• Everything Everything
                        Bands like Everything Everything should be mainstream, they have the complete package of what modern pop music should be: they are original, they have their own take on music, they are quite accessible and they are a bit kooky.
                        Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• 187 232 Meghan Trainor - Me Too
                          183 236 Anastacia - Pendulum
                          178 241 Anastacia - Left Outside Alone
                          173 246 Anastacia - Resurrection
                          171 248 Anastacia - Take This Chance
                          150 269 Amy Studt - The Lucky Ones
                          147 272 Amy Studt - Furniture
                          138 281 Avril Lavigne - Hot
                          137 282 Anastacia - Stupid Little Things
                          136 283 Amy Studt - Happy Now
                          134 285 Sheryl Crow - Everyday Is a Winding Road
                          129 290 Anastacia - One Day In Your Life
                          Love "Me Too" and "Hot", nice to see them appearing on the bubbling unders

97. Kate Bush - The Saxophone Song
                          95. Amy Studt - Carry Me Away
                          93. Nelly Furtado - Powerless (Say What You Want)
                          83. Amy Studt - If Only
                          82. Larkin Grimm - Ride That Cyclone
                          76. Amy Studt - Walking Out
                          74. Yoko Ono - Mrs. Lennon
                          These are good from the countdown so far. I still remember "Ride That Cyclone" SO well

Comment

• 70. Larkin Grimm - Dominican Rum
                            [youtube:2id6yw8k]wGSZp59RTck[/youtube:2id6yw8k]
                            Current All-Time Position: #18

My #1 song from last year, I love the complexity and darkness of the melody and lyrics, classic Larkin sound.

Comment

• 69. Joni Mitchell - Don't Interrupt The Sorrow
                              [youtube:1ach2nja]h6Wsdkll5-s[/youtube:1ach2nja]
                              Current All-Time Position: #46

Amazing song from the legendary Joni, I love the easy flowing melody and the interesting lyrics, I really love this album particularly from her. The most successful song from her in my all-time list so far.

Comment

• 68. Nerina Pallot - Everybody's Gone to War
                                [youtube:chvst6zt]kKTCScoUFWk[/youtube:chvst6zt]
                                Current All-Time Position: #204

When I was more interested in the iTunes chart years back I remember randomly seeing this floating around the UK top 20, my love Nerina began from this moment, this is so catchy, rediscovered it in 2016.

Comment

• 67. Kirsty MacColl - Autumngirlsoup
                                  [youtube:14nqucjz]ebX2WCwzWKQ[/youtube:14nqucjz]
                                  Current All-Time Position: #201

Kirsty had a big year for me in 2016, I can see this beautiful song becoming one of my faves from Kirsty, it's so pretty and the lyrics are typical Kirsty.

Comment

• 66. Amy Studt - Queen A
                                    [youtube:1ygy7243]DLBjzJOl-ZY[/youtube:1ygy7243]
                                    Current All-Time Position: #113

Feisty and super catchy b-side, I just need some Amy in my life ya know? I got some members into this in 2016 as well. I think/hope.

Comment

• Larkin Grimm - Dominican Rum
                                      A wonderful song
                                      Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• 65. Green Day - Give Me Novacaine
                                        [youtube:3fki7dvp]ZKAwIwjHwZI[/youtube:3fki7dvp]
                                        Current All-Time Position: #196

A random rediscovery for me this year, I remember taking my brothers CD when we were younger and having a sneaky listen.

Comment

• 64. J.J. Cale - Hey Baby
                                          [youtube:1ymspk4g]FSeSqCuo4RQ[/youtube:1ymspk4g]
                                          Current All-Time Position: #90

J.J.'s music is perfect for summer days/nights, there must have been some in 2016, can't remember right now though! All I remember is misery and cold winds, So easy listening and cool. RIP J.J. :(

Comment

• 63. Hatfield And The North - Share It
                                            [youtube:27ltiga2]pu1uRC4tOh0[/youtube:27ltiga2]
                                            Current All-Time Position: #89

Love his voice, I really love this magical Canterbury sound too.

Comment

• 62. Kate Bush - This Woman's Work
                                              [youtube:1bcnrzxr]iEHqPCA_lzQ[/youtube:1bcnrzxr]
                                              Current All-Time Position: #189

Always loved this emotional song from the magic Bush, due to my chart records being quite incomplete at the beginning I guess that is how this song among many others had not impacted my chart until now.

Comment

• 61. Perfume Genius - Grid
                                                [youtube:3adf4i2p]FfUzs4NDa64[/youtube:3adf4i2p]
                                                Current All-Time Position: #188

I think it was Hugo who introduced me to this artist, I instantly enjoyed this album and this song was the biggest hitter this year, so infectious! I love his gayness too.

Comment

• 60. Goldfrapp - A&E
                                                  [youtube:16gq3pwp]p7Ptai9I6eo[/youtube:16gq3pwp]
                                                  Current All-Time Position: #32

A lovely blend of folk and pop, it's such a smash, even full on pop fans like this one! Breaks into my all-time top 40 this year too.

Comment

• 59. Bat For Lashes - In God's House
                                                    [youtube:r0i9jykl]XBjuJbvqm_Y[/youtube:r0i9jykl]
                                                    Current All-Time Position: #185

I loved this return from Natasha, cool sound and her voice is great on this one, especially nearer the end.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X