No announcement yet.

Tansike's Year-End Charts 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lorde's definitely my biggest disappointment of the year. I really loved the "pure heroine" album but actually nothing really on "Melodrama" clicked with me.

But good to see "It Ain't Me" in your Top 100. I like that song!

Comment

Lorde and Demi are definitely my standouts here, Demi delivered a really good album and that is a really strong title track.. Lorde was such a surprise but a completely great one.
      Check out my Top 100 of 2012 Countdown!

Comment

Originally posted by heppolo
        82. Tarja with Alissa White-Gluz – Demons In You
        Good combo, it really delivered.
        Definitely! Still love to listen to this every now and then. Definitely Tarja's best single in ages!

Originally posted by SummerPeur
        Demi is the only real highlight out of these songs. (some I still don’t know).

Surprised to see john Wayne chart anywhere. One of her worst songs alongside GUY.
        Glad you enjoy Demi

Okay, i forgive you, because you're so cute. But "GUY" was dance pop at its best IMO

Originally posted by Magnus
        Interesting with the scoring change for older songs! So this will affect even "Spirit Animal" despite being released so late last year?

I'm not a big fan of the points system though, I think it gives too little difference between the #1 and #2 (just 2.6%) and hugely too big between #39 and #40 (100%). I haven't checked in detail how much this will affect the result in practice.

Nice presentation with the Genre Highlights and ecpecially nice to see Aly & AJ and Astrid S there!
        Ha, you're good! Yes, it DOES affect "Spirit Animal"

I'm also not the biggest fan of the points system, but it's what worked the best for me for several years now. I already tried to include plays, or only plays, but it didn't work. And putting everything together the way i want (= how i like the songs) is simply too much of work for me. Also, it never happened that i was unhappy with the end result so far, except a very few songs in the Top100 every year, but i'd say 95% of the tracks are at the places they deserve, so it's all fine.

Thank you!
        Here's hope Astrid S will release an album in 2018, as i would love to hear that.

My top favourites (songs having a good chance to chart in my own YEC top 200, or already did so in 2015-2016) from the first bubbling under batch:

And from the second:
        104. Carly Rae Jepsen Cut To The Feeling
        Oh damn, i didn't see that mistake for Carly - thanks for pointing it out!
        I just copy & paste the lists from my YTD/YEC-Excel, so there are probably a very few other mistakes (i tried to clean it up as good as possible though).
        Nice to see there are a few tracks you enjoyed in 2017

And from the Top 100 so far:
        96. Marina Kaye – Merci quand même
        92. Dihaj – Skeletons
        86. Kygo & Selena Gomez – It Ain’t Me
        Looking forward to following the rest of the countdown, although after following your chart during the year there probably won't be any huge surprises..,
        Glad you enjoy this from the countdown so far!
        You still haven't checked out Demi's new album?

I still hope there are a few (good) surprises left for you

Comment

Originally posted by Carbon
          John Wayne was cute, an homage to ''fun Gaga'' kind of, but much like the rest of Joanne, it grew off me quickly

Demi's song is great, one of the few useable songs from that album
          It really was, a shame it grew off you quickly. Let's hope her next release will have a better impact on you

It's my highlight, but i actually enjoy the whole album (except SNS)

Originally posted by Blondini
          Green Light is great. Maybe Lorde's best.
          Yes! Shame that it wasn't a bigger hit for her :(

Originally posted by luckyONE
          Lorde's definitely my biggest disappointment of the year. I really loved the "pure heroine" album but actually nothing really on "Melodrama" clicked with me.

But good to see "It Ain't Me" in your Top 100. I like that song!
          Oh really?! That's sad to hear :( It's the opposite with me, "Pure Heroine" never clicked with me while i absolutely love "Melodrama". One of the best albums of 2017 for me

Glad you enjoy that one

Originally posted by king_oxymoron
          Lorde and Demi are definitely my standouts here, Demi delivered a really good album and that is a really strong title track.. Lorde was such a surprise but a completely great one.
          Two great picks! I really hope Demi's song can be a hit for her in 2018, as it's my favorite song of the album. Agree about Lorde

Comment

[center:2tk2mzfv]
            S I N G L E S . . Y E A R - E N D . . C H A R T S . . 2 0 1 7
            [/center:2tk2mzfv]

80. Imagine Dragons – Believer

Chartrun: *13*-21-29-28-31-32-Out-RE 20-16-19-24-32-37-Out / 12w
            Certification: -
            “Believer” was released as the lead single of Imagine Dragon’s third album “Evolve”, and while its start was another underperformance, it turned out to be a big hit for them in 2017. I’d say it’s typical Imagine Dragons, and was definitely a great return for them. Music Video
            79. David Guetta feat. Nicki Minaj & Lil Wayne – Light My Body Up

Chartrun: 13-18-21-6-*5*-11-23-Out / 7w
            While David Guetta kept on releasing several singles in 2017, none of them really got my attention, except “Light My Body Up”. Despite this being a huge flop on the charts, I think it’s David’s best work since “What I Did For Love”. Nicki’s parts are really strong, especially the chorus, while Lil Wayne also delivered a surprisingly good verse. Music Video
            78. Halsey – Bad At Love

Chartrun: *8*-12-19-37-Out-RE 34-29-18-19-21-22- / 10w
            Halsey knows how to create Alternative-Pop tunes, and 2017 was her best year ever with releasing the brilliant “hopeless fountain kingdom”. “Bat At Love” served as the second single and became her first Top10 hit on the Billboard Top100 as a lead artist. Not her last entry on my countdown. Music Video
            77. Camila Cabello – Crying In The Club

Chartrun: 22-14-*12*-12-15-18-23-27-34-Out / 9w
            Former Fifth Harmony member Camila Cabello tried to do it solo in 2017, and while everyone was crazy about her “Havana”, it was “Crying In The Club” which got the most of my attention. It’s a nice, catchy dance-pop tune. Music Video
            76. Little Mix – Touch

Chartrun: 10-3-*2*-6-12-23-35-Out / 7w
            From one X Factor artist to another. Little Mix failed to get a real hit on my charts until they dropped “Touch” as a single of their latest release “Glory Days”. This is a nearly perfect pop track and should have been their real worldwide breakthrough. Music Video

Comment

[center:2m5mbte2]
              [/center:2m5mbte2]

75. Miley Cyrus – Younger Now

Chartrun: *3*-9-16-21-30-Out-RE 30-23-22-25-34-Out /10w
              2017 was a bad year for many artists who used to get #1s on my weekly charts easily, and Miley Cyrus was one of them. “Younger Now” is far away from being weak, however, it still became her first song not to peak atop my weekly singles charts. Following the album release, I re-discovered this song and now I think it’s actually one of the better pop songs of the year. Music Video
              74. Arch Enemy – The Eagle Flies Alone

Chartrun: 38-Out-RE 31-*1*-2-5-8-15-28-Out / 8w
              Probably the ‘hardest’ song to ever reach the top spot on my weekly chart is “The Eagle Flies Alone”, the second single of Arch Enemy’s latest album “Will To Power”. This heavy metal tune is definitely not a thing for everyone, however, it’s still quite catchy and Alissa’s growls are simply brilliant on this. Music Video
              73. Ariana Grande feat. Future – Everyday

Chartrun: *3*-9-18-23-20-31-Out-RE 20-23-25-37-Out / 10w
              “Everyday” served as the final single of Ariana’s third studio album “Dangerous Woman” and became a success at the beginning of the year. A strong Urban-Pop-Tune with a great video. Music Video
              72. My Indigo – My Indigo

Chartrun: *2*-4-5-7-10-11- / 6w
              Within Temptation frontwoman Sharon Den Adel decided to go solo at the end of 2017 under the name ‘My Indigo’, and the self-titled song was the first release. Her voice was always one of my most favorite voices in the business, and it really works well with this folk-influenced pop song. Definitely a project to look forward to in 2018. Music Video
              71. Hailee Steinfeld & Alesso feat. Florida Georgia Line & watt – Let Me Go

Chartrun: 14-6-*4*-4-9-16-27-Out / 7w
              Hailee Steinfeld keeps on releasing random collabos. After “Starving”, “Let Me Go” was her hit in 2017 and I’m still not sure what watt did on this, and even Florida Georgia Line’s parts were not really necessary in my opinion. Still, this was quite a bop and one of those songs you really have to sing along when it’s on. Music Video

Comment

The music video was a big elaborate pun...Imagine Ivan Drago
                Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

Re: Tansike's Year-End Charts 2017 - #80 - #71

Everyday from the second batch is cute, but I much prefer the first. Crying, Touch, Light My Body Up and Believer are all good, though only one charted for me (in Touch's case I charted it last year though)
                  Check out my Top 100 of 2012 Countdown!

Comment

Touch is great but Nothing Else Matters (a former grat currently promoted by a tour video) is "more" perfect.
                    Tony's Charts ft Hits / Albums (15th August 20) - Miley Cyrus, Jonsi with Elizabeth Fraser, Twinnie, Annie, Pallbearer, AG Cook, Lights, Another Sky, Tate McRae, Rews, Cassadee Pope, Stand Atlantic, Isobel Campbell, Glass Animals

Comment

"Green Light" is fantastic. It was a hugely pleasant surprise from Lorde, with one of the biggest and catchiest choruses of the year. "It Ain't Me" grew on me a bit, but it isn't one of my favourite Selena singles.

"John Wayne" was one of the most 'Gaga' moments on Joanne. I liked its video, though the song itself isn't among the top Joanne tracks for me. "Tell Me You Love Me" is okay. I really like its video thanks to the appearance from the gorgeous Jesse Williams.

"Believer" is good, but ID had better this era. "Light My Body Up" was a solid moment for both Guetta and Nicki. "Bad at Love" is okay but forgettable; "Crying in the Club" is one of the best dance-pop songs of the year. "Touch" isn't anything special, but Little Mix never release a song I absolutely dislike; at worst, their music is just bland.

"Younger Now" is okay, but I hated the direction Miley went this year. After "Malibu," everything was tragic. I forgot "Everyday" was even a single. "Let Me Go" wasn't bad from what I remember of it.
                      Akini's Top 100 Albums of the Decade: [70-66]

Comment

77. Camila Cabello – Crying In The Stall
                        I just can't get into Camila at all either. Her songs are just so cringe, and I feel like she is trying to be someone she isn't.

Light My Body Up is a JAM! I was also surprised it really didn't go anywhere and wasn't huge. I feel like people are over Guetta for some reason...... Some of his major flare is gone, but he still knows how to put together an amazing tune.

Obsessed with this song when it got released, and still sorta am. Such a great gym/running song (for me at least). I hope her next album has a few of these types of songs in there.

75. Miley Cyrus – Less Successful Now
                        Give me back Can't Be Tamed Miley.
                        Time stops for the Kween everytime WBT is performed.
                        Originally posted by Goldmoney
                        So does her microphone

Comment

10m views and counting, the band's going strong.

It sounds good, but I kinda expected more from Sharon

Comment

The music video was a big elaborate pun...Imagine Ivan Drago
                            Haha true...

Originally posted by king_oxymoron
                            Everyday from the second batch is cute, but I much prefer the first. Crying, Touch, Light My Body Up and Believer are all good, though only one charted for me (in Touch's case I charted it last year though)
                            It really is! Definitely a good final single of "Dangerous Woman"
                            These are all good picks, glad you enjoy all of them!

Touch is great but Nothing Else Matters (a former grat currently promoted by a tour video) is "more" perfect.
                            I didn't know they released a tour video for "Nothing Else Matters" This used to be one of my faves on the album as well!

Comment

Originally posted by JSparksFan
                              "Green Light" is fantastic. It was a hugely pleasant surprise from Lorde, with one of the biggest and catchiest choruses of the year. "It Ain't Me" grew on me a bit, but it isn't one of my favourite Selena singles.

"John Wayne" was one of the most 'Gaga' moments on Joanne. I liked its video, though the song itself isn't among the top Joanne tracks for me. "Tell Me You Love Me" is okay. I really like its video thanks to the appearance from the gorgeous Jesse Williams.

"Believer" is good, but ID had better this era. "Light My Body Up" was a solid moment for both Guetta and Nicki. "Bad at Love" is okay but forgettable; "Crying in the Club" is one of the best dance-pop songs of the year. "Touch" isn't anything special, but Little Mix never release a song I absolutely dislike; at worst, their music is just bland.

"Younger Now" is okay, but I hated the direction Miley went this year. After "Malibu," everything was tragic. I forgot "Everyday" was even a single. "Let Me Go" wasn't bad from what I remember of it.
                              Thanks for commenting, even though most of the songs you mentioned didn't seem to impress you at all

Anyways, a big YES to the gorgeous Jesse Williams <3

77. Camila Cabello – Crying In The Stall
                              I just can't get into Camila at all either. Her songs are just so cringe, and I feel like she is trying to be someone she isn't.
                              It's the same with me, i think she's very unsympathetic, but this song was still a nice tune IMO.

Light My Body Up is a JAM! I was also surprised it really didn't go anywhere and wasn't huge. I feel like people are over Guetta for some reason...... Some of his major flare is gone, but he still knows how to put together an amazing tune.
                              YESSS Someone else who likes this! Completely agree with you... should have been a much bigger hit than other songs by him, like the weak "2U".

Obsessed with this song when it got released, and still sorta am. Such a great gym/running song (for me at least). I hope her next album has a few of these types of songs in there.
                              I know what you mean It's also some kind of a hoe anthem, isn't it?

75. Miley Cyrus – Less Successful Now
                              Give me back Can't Be Tamed Miley.
                              I'd be here for this, but i also enjoyed the "Younger Now" Miley tbh

10m views and counting, the band's going strong.

It sounds go, but I kinda expected more from Sharon
                              They really are! I guess i need to try things from their past out to see if the new stuff is really better or not.

Glad you kinda enjoy "My Indigo", but i agree a bit with you. I still think this is beautiful though.

Comment

Halsey - Bad At Love
                                Camila Cabello - Crying In The Club
                                Miley Cyrus - Younger Now
                                These songs should be higher!! All 3 are amazing.

Comment

^ glad you like these, definitely three great songs! I hope there'll be another few tracks you'll enjoy on my countdown

Comment

[center:bqio63w7]
                                    [/center:bqio63w7]

70. Helene Fischer – Herzbeben

Chartrun: *1*-2-5-8-16-26-30-35-39-Out / 9w
                                    German Schlager queen Helene Fischer opens this group with this dance-pop gem. "Herzbeben" was a fave of her self-titled album right from the start, and it was nice that she promoted it. It became a big success in her home country, but despite that, it never got a video, not even an audio video got uploaded on Youtube, so i have to link this Live Performance.
                                    69. Lindsey Stirling feat. Rooty – Love’s Just A Feeling

Chartrun: *1*-4-8-12-17-22-36-Out-RE 26-33-Out / 9w
                                    Lindsey's third appearance on my countdown is this collaboration with Rooty. A nice, but also quite generic pop tune, which became yet another easy number one hit on my charts, but also one of only four songs from her as a lead artist with no certification (the other three being her Christmas singles from 2017). Music Video
                                    68. Robin Schulz feat. James Blunt – OK

Chartrun: 30-7-8-*6*-9-16-22-25-33-Out / 9w
                                    German DJ/Producer Robin Schulz was still able to score a hit in 2017, this time with British singer-songwriter James Blunt. "OK" is a nice and very catchy tune. Music Video
                                    67. Sam Smith – Too Good At Goodbyes

Chartrun: *9*-18-40-15-18-21-26-Out-RE 16-23-28-34-38-33-39- / 14w
                                    It took years, but Sam Smith finally returned with new stuff in 2017 in form of his second album "The Thrill Of It All", of which "Too Good At Goodbyes" was taken of as the lead single. I think this is typical Sam; a nice melody, good lyrics and Sam's wonderful vocals. Music Video
                                    66. Lana Del Rey – Love

Chartrun: *2*-7-13-26-Out-RE 11-12-19-25-38-Out / 9w
                                    Just like Miley Cyrus, Lana Del Rey also got her very first non-#1s on my weekly charts in 2017. "Love" is typical Lana, but somehow, it failed to connect with me as much as her previous stuff did. It still is an amazing tune though and should have been a return to the official charts out there for her. Music Video

Comment

[center:25l958qq]
                                      [/center:25l958qq]

65. Rita Ora – Your Song

Chartrun: 17-11-*10*-10-11-12-17-25-36-Out / 9w
                                      One of the most surprising comebacks of 2017 went to Rita Ora. Who would have thought that she'd return like this? The Ed Sheeran-written track "Your Song" is a bubbly, incredibly catchy pop song, and it was followed by an even better song which is yet to come. Music Video
                                      64. Lindsey Stirling feat. Andrew McMahon In The Wilderness – Something Wild

Chartrun in 2016: *1*-2-3-3-5-6-11-17-19-28-33-Out / 11w
                                      Chartrun in 2017: 12-16-11-*5*-9-21-30-39-Out-RE 10-20-31-Out / 11w
                                      Certification: PLATINUM
                                      Ranking in the YEC 2016: #30
                                      And here's already Lindsey's fourth, and still not last appearance on my countdown. "Something Wild" was already a success in 2016 and was still doing well at the beginning of 2017. A nice, folk-influenced pop track. Music Video
                                      63. Agnes Obel – Familiar

Chartrun in 2016: 10-*2*-5-16-22-11-8-7-8-15-18-16-11-8- / 14w
                                      Chartrun in 2017: 7-*2*-8-6-9-11-19-26-32-Out / 9w
                                      Ranking in the YEC 2016: #12
                                      Danish singer-songwriter Agnes Obel always got my attention, already with her debut "Riverside". Last year, she released her album "Citizen Of Glass", and its lead single "Familiar" is such a beautiful piece of art. Music Video
                                      62. The Dark Element (Anette Olzon & Jani Liimatainen) – The Ghost And The Reaper

Chartrun: *1*-1-1-4-6-7- / 6w
                                      The first of four appearances for The Dark Element is their latest single "The Ghost And The Reaper". The Dark Element is a project by Finnish musician, producer and songwriter Jani Liimatainen and former Nightwish frontwoman Anette Olzon, whose solo debut album "Shine" (2014) is my most favorite album of all time. So, i was obviously really looking forward to this project. This is an amazing heavy rock song, with Anette's strong vocals and some 80s influence. It's the first of only three songs which spent more than two weeks atop the weekly charts in 2017. Music Video
                                      61. Selena Gomez & Marshmello – Wolves

Chartrun: *1*-4-10-11-11-15-18-26- / 8w
                                      2017 was a weird year for Selena. While everyone was waiting for a new album, she only has released three singles, and all of them were quite different to each other. "Wolves" is the first of three appearances on my countdown as a lead artist, and similar to "It Ain't Me", it's also a collaboration with a DJ, this time it's Marshmello. While it's very basic, i still think it's heavily catchy and i absolutely love the verses and the chorus. Music Video

Comment

Re: Tansike's Year-End Charts 2017 - #80 - #71

Two years and two impressive chart runs, can't imagine this happening in my personal chart anytime soon
                                        62. The Dark Element (Anette Olzon & Jani Liimatainen) – The Ghost And The Reaper
                                        It's just the first of four appearances for them? Huge year then.

Comment

is great. But her major moment this year was another song.
                                          Tony's Charts ft Hits / Albums (15th August 20) - Miley Cyrus, Jonsi with Elizabeth Fraser, Twinnie, Annie, Pallbearer, AG Cook, Lights, Another Sky, Tate McRae, Rews, Cassadee Pope, Stand Atlantic, Isobel Campbell, Glass Animals

Comment

Re: Tansike's Year-End Charts 2017 - #70 - #61

Agnes Obel's song is beautiful!
                                            last.fm

Comment

Not you calling wolves basic Tansike

Deserved Top50 imo. Such a fantastic song.
                                              Time stops for the Kween everytime WBT is performed.
                                              Originally posted by Goldmoney
                                              So does her microphone

Comment

Re: Tansike's Year-End Charts 2017 - #70 - #61

Lana's 'Love' is such a beautiful song. Yay!
                                                Also woo for Rita, Agnes and Selena.
                                                Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

time to catch up!

"Believer" is probably one of my least favorite songs by Imagine Dragons, although I admit since I bought the album it grew a bit on me. Luckily they released "Thunder", so I was hyped for the album!

Surprisingly, David Guetta has put out quite a few bops in the last few years, still suprised "Light My Body Up" did nothing on the charts! Nicki also did some amazing verses this year.
                                                  "Herzbene" is good, i liked the performance at the GNTM final show.

"Too Good At Goodbyes" is so annoying to me, I don't like it. but i don't like lots of his songs anyway, they just don't click with me. if he had released another "Restart", I probably would have checked out the album a few more times.

I agree with you on "LOVE". After two huge eras on my personal charts, the "Lust For Life" era just wasn't as big as "Ultraviolence" or "HOneymoon" were. I like the album but it's nowhere as good as the other two albums IMO. "Love" however, is my favorite song off the record and even though I love "LOVE", it doesn't come close to my top Lana tracks.

"Your Song" is my favorite song by Rita Ora, I Love it so much!

Comment

"Love's Just a Feeling" is good but a bit forgettable. "Too Good at Goodbyes" was a grower for me. We got happy Lana in 2017, and "Love" was the best of happy Lana.

I still don't get what everyone hears in "Your Song". That one never clicked with me. "Something Wild" is nice, definitely more interesting than "Love's Just a Feeling". It reminds me a bit of "Only Teardrops". "Wolves" is weird for me because most times Selena will release a single, everyone will fawn over it, and I'll be there like...are my ears not picking up on the magic? This time, I was sold on "Wolves" immediately, and everyone else was a bit lost looking for the quality. Sometimes basic, catchy, and fun is all you need, and that's what "Wolves" was - take it or leave it.
                                                    Akini's Top 100 Albums of the Decade: [70-66]

Comment

Hello Tansike

Going to start playing catch up now with all the year end charts now that my top 100 countdown is over.

All the following tracks successfully entered my chart in 2017. The bolded tracks (ok, there's only the one so far ) are the definitive highlights.

95. Zara Larsson – I Would Like
                                                      94. Zedd & Liam Payne – Get Low
                                                      92. Dihaj – Skeletons
                                                      88. Fifth Harmony feat. Gucci Mane – Down
                                                      87. Lorde – Green Light
                                                      86. Kygo & Selena Gomez – It Ain’t Me
                                                      85. Lady GaGa – John Wayne
                                                      81. Lindsey Stirling feat. Becky G – Christmas C’mon
                                                      77. Camila Cabello – Crying In The Club
                                                      76. Little Mix – Touch
                                                      75. Miley Cyrus – Younger Now
                                                      71. Hailee Steinfeld & Alesso feat. Florida Georgia Line & watt – Let Me Go
                                                      68. Robin Schulz feat. James Blunt – OK
                                                      67. Sam Smith – Too Good At Goodbyes
                                                      66. Lana Del Rey – Love
                                                      65. Rita Ora – Your Song
                                                      64. Lindsey Stirling feat. Andrew McMahon In The Wilderness – Something Wild

Comment

Two years and two impressive chart runs, can't imagine this happening in my personal chart anytime soon
                                                        It's just the first of four appearances for them? Huge year then.
                                                        Well, i really adore(d) "Familiar", definitely my favorite song by Agnes!

Yes, just their first appearance so far, and all four singles made the list

is great. But her major moment this year was another song.
                                                        Definitely agree, but i'm not sure if we both agree on which one was her best this year

Originally posted by Carbon
                                                        Agnes Obel's song is beautiful!
                                                        Very glad you enjoy that song as well

Not you calling wolves basic Tansike

Deserved Top50 imo. Such a fantastic song.
                                                        I'm sorry I still like it a lot though.

Originally posted by Benjamin
                                                        Lana's 'Love' is such a beautiful song. Yay!
                                                        Also woo for Rita, Agnes and Selena.
                                                        I agree
                                                        These are all great!

Comment

Originally posted by luckyONE
                                                          time to catch up!

"Believer" is probably one of my least favorite songs by Imagine Dragons, although I admit since I bought the album it grew a bit on me. Luckily they released "Thunder", so I was hyped for the album!

Surprisingly, David Guetta has put out quite a few bops in the last few years, still suprised "Light My Body Up" did nothing on the charts! Nicki also did some amazing verses this year.
                                                          "Herzbene" is good, i liked the performance at the GNTM final show.

"Too Good At Goodbyes" is so annoying to me, I don't like it. but i don't like lots of his songs anyway, they just don't click with me. if he had released another "Restart", I probably would have checked out the album a few more times.

I agree with you on "LOVE". After two huge eras on my personal charts, the "Lust For Life" era just wasn't as big as "Ultraviolence" or "HOneymoon" were. I like the album but it's nowhere as good as the other two albums IMO. "Love" however, is my favorite song off the record and even though I love "LOVE", it doesn't come close to my top Lana tracks.

"Your Song" is my favorite song by Rita Ora, I Love it so much!
                                                          Thanks for catching up

Oh really? That's a surprising view, as many people may see this as one of their best ones ever. Anyways, glad it grew a bit on you and yes, the album was definitely strong!

YES! I'm also still shocked this bombed so much as it's his best song last year
                                                          Loved that performance as well, she was so fierce (and walked even better than the finalists IMO...)

Ouch A shame, as i think "Too Good At Goodbyes" is really lovely.
                                                          Here's hope a future single may make a better impression on you...

Actually, as an album, i prefer "Lust For Life" to "Ultraviolence" and "Honeymoon" as for now. Time will tell how it will look like in the future, but as a whole work it's sooo strong and with "13 Beaches" there was a song that made me fall in love with her again just like it happened with "Video Games" back in the days.

Yay! A great pop song. I hope "Anywhere" will grow on you as well, as this is in the battle for my favorite Rita Ora song (together with "I Will Never Let You Down")

Originally posted by JSparksFan
                                                          "Love's Just a Feeling" is good but a bit forgettable. "Too Good at Goodbyes" was a grower for me. We got happy Lana in 2017, and "Love" was the best of happy Lana.

I still don't get what everyone hears in "Your Song". That one never clicked with me. "Something Wild" is nice, definitely more interesting than "Love's Just a Feeling". It reminds me a bit of "Only Teardrops". "Wolves" is weird for me because most times Selena will release a single, everyone will fawn over it, and I'll be there like...are my ears not picking up on the magic? This time, I was sold on "Wolves" immediately, and everyone else was a bit lost looking for the quality. Sometimes basic, catchy, and fun is all you need, and that's what "Wolves" was - take it or leave it.
                                                          Agree about "Love's Just A Feeling". It's lovely, but below Lindsey's usual standards. Also same with me when it comes to Sam's song. Glad you enjoyed "Love"

Oh really?! I think it's a very strong song, though "Anywhere" is obviously even better. What a great comparison for "Something Wild", as i also love "Only Teardrops" and there's definitely something about that comparison Haha, now that's a nice thing for "Wolves". While i think it's basic too, i still enjoy it, so there's that. But, it definitely doesn't belong to her best moments IMO.

Originally posted by JakeP
                                                          Hello Tansike

Going to start playing catch up now with all the year end charts now that my top 100 countdown is over.

All the following tracks successfully entered my chart in 2017. The bolded tracks (ok, there's only the one so far ) are the definitive highlights.

Hey Jake

Thanks for catching up!

That's a lot you enjoy(ed) so far and also made your charts. Okay, to be fair, there aren't big surprises i guess as i know we both have a very similar taste. Especially glad about the two Lindsey Stirling songs <3

Comment

[center:27p80xd0]
                                                            [/center:27p80xd0]

60. Amy MacDonald – Dream On

Chartrun: *2*-3-6-14-24-29-13-19-25-40-Out / 10w
                                                            Scottish singer-songwriter Amy MacDonald opens this group with her comeback single "Dream On", the lead to her latest album "Under Stars". This is one of her typical radio-pop-rock songs. Music Video
                                                            59. Shania Twain – Life’s About To Get Good

Chartrun: *13*-14-17-23-26-31-28-21-23-30-36-Out-RE 17-25-34-Out / 14w
                                                            From one comeback to another, even more impressive one. It took Country queen Shania Twain AGES to finally release new music again, and 2017 was finally that year. "Now" was her new album, and its lead single "Life's About To Get Good" is her first but not last appearance on my countdown. Music Video
                                                            58. Lindsey Stirling feat. ZZ Ward – Hold My Heart

Chartrun in 2016: *3*-5-4-3-3-5-7- / 7w
                                                            Chartrun in 2017: 10-*6*-13-14-14-18-23-27-35-Out-RE 17-24-29-38-Out / 13w
                                                            Ranking in the YEC 2016: #49
                                                            Another of Lindsey's singles from her third album "Brave Enough" was "Hold My Heart", which already had lots of success in 2016 and made another big impression at the beginning of 2017. ZZ Ward's voice on this is very strong and soulful, while Lindsey's play is stronger than on some other songs. Definitely one of her best moments. Music Video
                                                            57. Kesha feat. The Dap-Kings Horns – Woman

Chartrun: *2*-3-4-7-7-14-21-28-Out / 8w
                                                            Amy, Shania and now Kesha, another artist who made a comeback in 2017. "Woman" served as a promotional single of her new album "Rainbow", and is the Kesha many people were missing: fun, catchy, a great sing-along chorus and her cool personality. Music Video
                                                            56. Jax Jones feat. Demi Lovato & Stefflon Don – Instruction

Chartrun: 7-4-*3*-5-7-15-20-29-37-Out / 9w
                                                            While Demi's solo material didn't impress as much as in previous years, 2017 still brought her a hit as a featuring artist on Jax Jones' "Instruction", together with Stefflon Don. This song is written for being a gym anthem. Music Video

Comment

[center:2n2tw82a]
                                                              [/center:2n2tw82a]

55. Amaranthe – Boomerang

Chartrun: 8-3-6-*2*-2-9-18-35-Out / 8w
                                                              This group is opened by the symphonic rock band Amaranthe and their single "Boomerang". Rock can be catchy too, and this song really shows that. Music Video
                                                              54. Eluveitie – Epona

Chartrun: *2*-6-4-5-10-17-24-31-Out-RE 37-32-35-Out / 11w
                                                              From one non-mainstream artist to another. Swiss folk-metal band Eluveitie definitely had an amazing 2017, as they got three hits on my countdown in total, with "Epona" being their second entry. This is folk-rock at its best, alongside a very good video for that genre. Music Video
                                                              53. Selena Gomez feat. Gucci Mane – Fetish

Chartrun: *1*-1-2-5-9-18-25-27-34-38-Out / 10w
                                                              Certification: GOLD
                                                              While "Fetish" had one of the biggest debuts of the year when it comes to plays, Selena's second solo single of the year didn't show the longevity her songs usually do, and so this barely got to Gold status. I still think it's obviously a great song and really fits her voice, but it's weaker compared to most of her other singles. Music Video
                                                              52. Linkin Park feat. Pusha T & Stormzy – Good Goodbye

Chartrun: 17-*11*-12-14-20-12-18-25-22-29-32-34-36-Out / 13w
                                                              When i was in love with this song nothing did i know that its message would become another one sooner than expected. I always liked Linkin Park and in 2017 they finally got their very first big hit on my charts with "Good Goodbye"... R.I.P. Chester. Music Video
                                                              51. Ed Sheeran – Castle On The Hill

Chartrun: *3*-5-8-15-26-33-Out-RE 16-30-27-25-29-37-35-37-38-Out / 15w
                                                              The last song of this bunch is "Castle On The Hill" by Ed Sheeran, which got a double release with the ever so present "Shape Of You". While i also enjoyed the other more, "Castle" still was a strong tune on its own. Music Video

Comment

Working...
                                                              X