Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carbon's 2018 Faves | Singles - TOP 5 - #3-1 (#1 Revealed)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [center:2m38mfdd]4. Clean Bandit feat. Demi Lovato - Solo

[youtube:2m38mfdd]8JnfIa84TnU[/youtube:2m38mfdd]

This is a pretty straightforward bop, and, while I liked it from the get-go, I never thought I would like it SO much that I'd rank it as the 4th best song of last year. I do have a soft spot for Demi, and I think she contributed really well to Clean Bandit's signature sound. The "I wanna f- woop-woop-woop" line is already iconic in my book. This is a song that still hasn't got old for me, and I can play it and bop to it any time.

Can you guess my top 3?[/center:2m38mfdd]
    last.fm

Comment

• Re: Carbon's 2018 Faves | Singles - TOP 10 - #6 - 4

Quack quack
      Originally posted by beredy
      When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

Miley @ #5, interesting.

While I want Miley making music in the vain of Can't Be Tamed, Every Rose Has It's Torn, Who Owns My Heart, girl has made a song that has most of the world noticing her again. Not my taste though.
        Originally posted by SummerPeur
        Time stops for the Kween everytime WBT is performed.
        Originally posted by Goldmoney
        So does her microphone

Comment

• Space Cowboy and Venice Bitch are my favourites from the first set. I've mentioned a few times what a pleasant surprise Kacey's album was for me. And you're right about Venice Bitch, it certainly demands that you listen in its entirety.
          I'm still trying to listen to Mitski's album, because I have been a big fan of 'Nobody' for a few weeks since I started seeing her doing well in so many End of Year Lists on different publications. 'Nothing Breaks Like A Heart' is a great moment and love Miley's voice on it. 'Solo' is a pop bop as well!

Comment

Two great collabs there.

Comment

• 10. Kacey Musgraves - Space Cowboy
              7. Lana Del Rey - Venice Bitch
              5. Mark Ronson feat. Miley Cyrus - Nothing Breaks Like a Heart
              4. Clean Bandit feat. Demi Lovato - Solo

Ok, so seeing Miley and Demi in the Top5 is very surprising but i LIVE for it! Love both songs, "Nothing Breaks Like A Heart" was too new for me to be high on my list but surely next year. The video is a masterpiece as well. "Solo" was in my Top10 as well, such a bop!

Love that Top10 position for "Venice Bitch". Such a dreamy song. Can't wait for her album <3

Comment

As if you forgot High Horse! I do like Space Cowboy, though,
                Clean Bandit and Demi is a complete bop but I don't love it like you so, Mark and Miley is also very solid.
                Check out my Top 100 of 2012 Countdown!

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney
                  Quack quack
                  but I like to party

Miley @ #5, interesting.

While I want Miley making music in the vain of Can't Be Tamed, Every Rose Has It's Torn, Who Owns My Heart, girl has made a song that has most of the world noticing her again. Not my taste though.
                  Yikes, def can't agree with you here anything pre-Bangerz is a no for me, bar a few exceptions. But current Miley is definitely the best one for me.

Originally posted by UKMusicLova
                  Space Cowboy and Venice Bitch are my favourites from the first set. I've mentioned a few times what a pleasant surprise Kacey's album was for me. And you're right about Venice Bitch, it certainly demands that you listen in its entirety.
                  I'm still trying to listen to Mitski's album, because I have been a big fan of 'Nobody' for a few weeks since I started seeing her doing well in so many End of Year Lists on different publications. 'Nothing Breaks Like A Heart' is a great moment and love Miley's voice on it. 'Solo' is a pop bop as well!
                  I haven't listened to Mitski's album either even though I want to :( too cheap to buy music love the songs I've heard on YT so far though
                  last.fm

Comment

• Originally posted by Thriller
                    Two great collabs there.
                    Yeah, both unexpected, but turned out some of the best pop songs of the year. Happy to see both Miley and Demi so far from the lame Disney stuff they started with.

Originally posted by Tansike
                    10. Kacey Musgraves - Space Cowboy
                    7. Lana Del Rey - Venice Bitch
                    5. Mark Ronson feat. Miley Cyrus - Nothing Breaks Like a Heart
                    4. Clean Bandit feat. Demi Lovato - Solo

Ok, so seeing Miley and Demi in the Top5 is very surprising but i LIVE for it! Love both songs, "Nothing Breaks Like A Heart" was too new for me to be high on my list but surely next year. The video is a masterpiece as well. "Solo" was in my Top10 as well, such a bop!

Love that Top10 position for "Venice Bitch". Such a dreamy song. Can't wait for her album <3
                    Glad you like the songs! Hoping to see Miley high on your 2019 chart

Originally posted by king_oxymoron
                    As if you forgot High Horse! I do like Space Cowboy, though,
                    Clean Bandit and Demi is a complete bop but I don't love it like you so, Mark and Miley is also very solid.
                    I played High Horse hard, can't believe it completely slipped my mind when I was making the chart. :(
                    last.fm

Comment

• [center:1k215ntj]3. Clean Bandit feat. Marina, Luis Fonsi - Baby

[youtube:1k215ntj]hlznpxNGFGQ[/youtube:1k215ntj]

Another Clean Bandit, but this time a very different song. After the brilliant Disconnect, I was looking forward to the new collab between CB and Marina, and it didn&#39;t disappoint. The unique summery latino twist makes it irresistible and catchy without sounding basic and trend-chasing as many latin pop songs of late. Marina&#39;s voice is magical as always, the lyrics are beautiful and sung from a unique perspective, and the music video is so bittersweet. [/center:1k215ntj]
                      last.fm

Comment

• [center:3su9i7dz]2. Rae Morris - Atletico (The Only One)

[youtube:3su9i7dz]Vs_-eDD1By8[/youtube:3su9i7dz]

Much like Miley, Rae Morris makes another appearance in my year-end top 5, this time nearly winning. The music video was released late 2017, so it got moved to this chart - it also deeply marked my 2018. Much like its predecessor Do It, Atletico manages convey a magical energy through all of its different layers and hypnotizing melody. I don&#39;t know how Rae did it with two songs in a row, but this is truly a pop masterpiece. The song is overflowing with rich production and different sounds, but still retains its simplicity and fun. [/center:3su9i7dz]
                        last.fm

Comment

• [center:36jvofjv]1. Azealia Banks - Anna Wintour

[youtube:36jvofjv]au8QGTiPhEw[/youtube:36jvofjv]

The crown goes to the controversial genius Azealia Banks! The song I played pretty much constantly throughout the whole year from the moment it was released. With Anna Wintour, Banks merges a hot house club beat with her usual flawless rap, but also some impressive vocals.

Not only did she release one of the best (or THE best) songs of her career, she also showed her more vulnerable side in the lyrics, bringing her walls down to open herself up to love, all the while serving rhymes. Don&#39;t disregard her music just because of her personality, y&#39;all. She&#39;s truly one of the best artists of today.

Also, I must mention the simple, but hypnotizing video and choreography + her nipples.
                          [/center:36jvofjv]
                          last.fm

Comment

• Re: Carbon's 2018 Faves | Singles - TOP 5 - #3-1 (#1 Reveale

Oh my god what sis?! I wouldn't call this flawless rap, but each to their own haha. You always manage to surprise me with your taste and I was not expecting Banks to score a #1.

The beat is sic, but it stops there.

I also don't agree that she is a top artists of modern music. But I'm glad she has some fans.
                            Time stops for the Kween everytime WBT is performed.
                            Originally posted by Goldmoney
                            So does her microphone

Comment

• ^ true, this song is mainly a dance song and isnít the best representative of her rap skills (she has many other songs for that)

But letís agree to disagree on her quality, not everyone will see it in the same artists. For me, sheís one of the best, and the critical acclaim she gets proves it (sadly not matched by the commercial performance thanks to her big mouth )
                              last.fm

Comment

• "Nothing Breaks Like a Heart" must have been a super late addition to the list. I adore it!

"Solo" is catchy and uber relatable. "Baby" is an absolute stunner! Marina's vocals >>>

I don't like "Anna Wintour", but strong top 80 overall!
                                Akini's Top 100 Albums of the Decade: [85-81]

Comment

Aww even if I don't like it AS much as you, it still warms my heart to see Marina do so well, Baby is cute af.
                                  Check out my Top 100 of 2012 Countdown!

Comment

I donít like Azealia but do you boo.
                                    Originally posted by beredy
                                    When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
                                      "Nothing Breaks Like a Heart" must have been a super late addition to the list. I adore it!

"Solo" is catchy and uber relatable. "Baby" is an absolute stunner! Marina's vocals >>>

I don't like "Anna Wintour", but strong top 80 overall!
                                      Great you're liking the top 5, shame about Anna Wintour though, I assumed you liked it since you liked Treasure Island!

Originally posted by king_oxymoron View Post
                                      Aww even if I don't like it AS much as you, it still warms my heart to see Marina do so well, Baby is cute af.
                                      It is so sweet and loveable!

Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                                      I don’t like Azealia but do you boo.
                                      She's nasty, but you gotta admit she serves quality bops regularly B)

Originally posted by thankfulforkelly
                                      Kacey !!!!!!!! Yasssssss
                                      Anna Wintour is a bop although a weird #1. Mark/Miley is a tune. Rae Morris is fab! I love her album
                                      Yeah not what people may have been expecting, but for me it was the song of the year! Glad you like Rae Morris. Didn't care for her album in full, but Atletico and Do It are masterpieces
                                      last.fm

Comment

• YAS for Anna Wintour, also my #1 of the year!

Comment

• Originally posted by Thriller View Post
                                          YAS for Anna Wintour, also my #1 of the year!

I knew you liked it, but didn't expect it to be your #1 too!
                                          last.fm

Comment

Working...
                                          X