Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carbon's 2018 Faves | Singles - TOP 5 - #3-1 (#1 Revealed)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carbon's 2018 Faves | Singles - TOP 5 - #3-1 (#1 Revealed)

[center:1idysdmq]

PREVIOUS YEARS

Welcome to my annual year-end song chart with my annual artistic artwork. As usual, no albums, except maybe a couple of honorable mentions.

It will start somewhere in early December and that's when the cutoff will be.

For now this can just be here and create enormous suspense and hype.[/center:1idysdmq]
    last.fm

Re: Carbon's 2018 Faves | Coming Soon

Kween?
    Originally posted by beredy
    When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldmoney
      Kween?
      She'll have an entry or two
      last.fm

Comment

Bless you boo

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

Looking forward to this.
          Akini's Top 400 Songs of the Decade: [2-1!]

Comment

Originally posted by JSparksFan
            Looking forward to this.
            Same

Comment

Originally posted by Tansike
              Looking forward to this.
              Same
              Thanks guys
              last.fm

Comment

No alberms?
                2019 Year End Charts: The 20/20 Experience

Comment

Originally posted by KokoCollino
                  No alberms?
                  Nope, I have two or three albums that I liked this year so Iíll just mention them maybe

Originally posted by thankfulforkelly
                  Mildly interested
                  What if I told you that Kelly Clarkson will chart? (Which is an obvious lie)
                  last.fm

Comment

[center:5bok9rgd]80. Dua Lipa - IDGAF

[youtube:5bok9rgd]Mgfe5tIwOj0[/youtube:5bok9rgd]

It's a catchy, yet basic pop song. Grew off me with time, but it's okay to listen to. I understand why it was made and released (perfectly safe and radio-friendly follow-up to New Rules to keep the momentum going), but a bit sad that she went the predictable route.[/center:5bok9rgd]
                    last.fm

Comment

[center:rnjc45li]79. 6ix9ine, Nicki Minaj, Murda Beatz - FEFE

[youtube:rnjc45li]V_MXGdSBbAI[/youtube:rnjc45li]

Embarrassed to have this in my chart, but I shouldn't hide it. It bops. I loathe his persona and music, but for some reason this works for me with the beat and all. Minaj adds nicely to it, even though I don't really like her either. A disgusting combo that makes me wanna go to church after playing it, but alas... [/center:rnjc45li]
                      last.fm

Comment

[center:2zcv3iy9]78. Toni Braxton - Long As I Live

[youtube:2zcv3iy9]EjW7WzozgI0[/youtube:2zcv3iy9]

Loved it when it came out, but it soon got old for me, and I rarely feel the urge to play it. I'll give credit where it's due: it's a nice smooth song and definitely a gem in Toni's discography. I'll always dig the opening part and verses. [/center:2zcv3iy9]
                        last.fm

Comment

Toni is great (she gets more ratchet as she gets older surprisingly)

FEFE is the worst song of the year, Iím glad heís in jail, Onika should join him at some point

Comment

Re: Carbon's 2018 Faves | Singles #80-78

I've already forgotten what "IDGAF" sounds like. Lemme re-listen to it. "FeFe" is garbage.

"Long as I Live" is beautiful! Easily the best of the three.

Comment

[center:1pj471zq]77. Neneh Cherry - Kong

[youtube:1pj471zq]W6ivBXh1zGQ[/youtube:1pj471zq]

This is actually a stunning song, and probably deserves a higher place than 77. I haven't played it that often, hence the placement, but objectively it's really cool. Sounds very Massive Attack, chill and trippy. Have a feeling it would chart higher if I did the countdown a few weeks or months later.[/center:1pj471zq]
                              last.fm

Comment

[center:2s4rdzwt]76. Kimbra - Human

[youtube:2s4rdzwt]U98rZw78-iA[/youtube:2s4rdzwt]

Much like the other singles from Kimbra's 2017 album, this one was nice, but ultimately didn't grab me like her older music did. Therefore, it can only reach #76. It's a good and interesting song, great video, but I don't come back to it often. It must be just me, cause most Kimbra fans really enjoy this one. Check it out and see for yourself![/center:2s4rdzwt]
                                last.fm

Comment

[center:115kfacy]75. Soap&Skin - Italy

[youtube:115kfacy]013lbJ-Iehg[/youtube:115kfacy]

Soap&Skin made a quiet comeback this year, with this peaceful lullaby. The lyrics and structure feel like a chant or a prayer, and while simple, they bring a certain hope and catharsis. It's not everyone's cup of tea, and even I have to be in a special mood to enjoy it, but it's a powerful song.[/center:115kfacy]
                                  last.fm

Comment

[center:26fvn86f]74. Grimes - We Appreciate Power

[youtube:26fvn86f]gYG_4vJ4qNA[/youtube:26fvn86f]

Another comeback, and even though not what I was expecting, it certainly is very Grimes and feels like a natural evolution for her. I like it a bit more after multiple listens, but still think that it pales in comparison to her older singles. For people with more eclectic taste buds, it's a must-hear.[/center:26fvn86f]
                                    last.fm

Comment

Toni is great (she gets more ratchet as she gets older surprisingly)

FEFE is the worst song of the year, Iím glad heís in jail, Onika should join him at some point
                                      can't really argue against all that. Wouldn't normally be as harsh towards Nicki, but all of the latest news surrounding her definitely turns me off.

(Does that mean you prefer Igloo now? )

I've already forgotten what "IDGAF" sounds like. Lemme re-listen to it. "FeFe" is garbage.

"Long as I Live" is beautiful! Easily the best of the three.
                                      Expected you to be bigger fan of IDGAF tbh! The rest I can agree with.

Hope y'all play/enjoy at least one of these more alternative songs
                                      last.fm

Comment

Re: Carbon's 2018 Faves | Singles #77-74

Yeah, I don't know what it is about Dua, but she's very hit or miss for me.

"Kong" is meh, "Human" was listenable but I didn't care too much for it, "and Italy" just sat still and did nothing for three-plus minutes.

"We Appreciate Power" was kinda catchy. It's an intriguing sort of weird that I think I'll probably revisit.

Comment

[center:213kr423]73. Azealia Banks - Icy Colors Change

[youtube:213kr423]Lp6J69poVYE[/youtube:213kr423]

Azealia has really impressed this year. The "worst" of her three singles of this year is a Xmas song. It's still quite good, but sounds underproduced/demoish in places. Still, even demo Azealia is better than most.[/center:213kr423]
                                          last.fm

Comment

[center:y7up55uw]72. Janelle MonŠe Ė Make Me Feel

[youtube:y7up55uw]tGRzz0oqgUE[/youtube:y7up55uw]

It should probably place higher, but I don't love it as much as her other two singles from the latest era. Still, it's groovy, upbeat and cool, and definitely contagious. Should've been a bigger hit in the mainstream sphere, but at least it drew some attention.[/center:y7up55uw]
                                            last.fm

Comment

[center:3nvf1e29]71. Jennifer Lopez - Us

[youtube:3nvf1e29]Np0vJvXsiU4[/youtube:3nvf1e29]

Hella basic and cheap, but oddly enough I enjoy it. It's a weird collab between her and Skrillex, but that drop gets into your head. Shame it didn't get a video, but at the same time, it would've never become a hit. I don't even get the point of it as a single. I wonder if she'll include it on her upcoming album or it'll end up a random song.[/center:3nvf1e29]
                                              last.fm

Comment

Yeah, I don't know what it is about Dua, but she's very hit or miss for me.

"Kong" is meh, "Human" was listenable but I didn't care too much for it, "and Italy" just sat still and did nothing for three-plus minutes.

"We Appreciate Power" was kinda catchy. It's an intriguing sort of weird that I think I'll probably revisit.
                                                Aw, shame you didn't really like anything that much. I do appreciate you taking the time to check the songs out, I'm sure you'll discover something you like here!
                                                last.fm

Comment

Re: Carbon's 2018 Faves | Singles #73-71

I kinda agree with Akini about Dua, but mostly just in the case of this song, it's one of her most 'meh' for me - that said, the crowd really really sang it out when I saw her live, so it was kinda a moment,

Janelle is my favourite here but I am more about the EDX Dubai Skyline Remix than the original, it absolutely slaps!
                                                  Check out my Top 100 of 2012 Countdown!

Comment

Re: Carbon's 2018 Faves | Singles #73-71

Do you still like Ainít Yo Mama?

Comment

Originally posted by king_oxymoron
                                                      I kinda agree with Akini about Dua, but mostly just in the case of this song, it's one of her most 'meh' for me - that said, the crowd really really sang it out when I saw her live, so it was kinda a moment,

Janelle is my favourite here but I am more about the EDX Dubai Skyline Remix than the original, it absolutely slaps!
                                                      The remix is quite good, gives the song even more oomph

Do you still like Ainít Yo Mama?
                                                      Ofc, I play it to this day!
                                                      last.fm

Comment

[center:2bqikhgc]70. Becky G ft. French Montana, Farruko - Zooted

[youtube:2bqikhgc]D91liF_Ml-M[/youtube:2bqikhgc]

Becky G has found big success in the Latin market with her songs in Spanish, but for some reason her English-language stuff keeps flopping. This one is an example of a basic bop that sounds perfect for the charts, yet for some reason doesn't catch on, even though it would've been a surefire hit if released by a bigger name. [/center:2bqikhgc]
                                                        last.fm

Comment

[center:3kpwy2s3]69. Nicki Minaj - Ganja Burn

[youtube:3kpwy2s3]eMymSXUN9nQ[/youtube:3kpwy2s3]

I usually like one or two Nicki songs per era, and this is probably the only one I like from this new era. I tend to prefer the more classy and subtle Nicki over her general flashy caricature self. I think this song has a nice, groovy beat, warm production and she has a good flow throughout the song. I also enjoy the visuals, again not the usual tacky crap she releases. [/center:3kpwy2s3]
                                                          last.fm

Comment

[center:2sjati1q]68. Cher Lloyd - None of My Business

[youtube:2sjati1q]IMeFI0eVk2w[/youtube:2sjati1q]

This was a random and unexpected release tbh, I had totally forgotten about Cher Lloyd's existence. It's a nice pop song that gives off a carousel ride vibe due to the production. It's a better comeback single than her last attempt a few years back (Activated), and I would've liked it to become a hit, but I think that her momentum (just like most reality talent show participants) has passed. For pop music lovers, it's a cool song to check out. [/center:2sjati1q]
                                                            last.fm

Comment

Working...
                                                            X