Tansike's Year-End Charts 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Top10
    'Mad Love' bangs hard. From the last series - 'Then' and 'Yes' are the tracks.
    Originally posted by Tansike
    Oh, you don't like it? But did you like "Fuego" or "Caramela" by Eleni?
    Only Fuego. Caramela was a massive flop, I just can't...
    So happy to hear there are a few songs your really like on the latest groups!

Aw. I also enjoyed "Caramela"

Originally posted by heppolo
    68. My Indigo (Sharon den Adel) – My Indigo
    67. The Dark Element (Anette Olzon & Jani Liimatainen) – The Ghost And The Reaper

The goodies, ''My Indigo'' was slightly different from what I expected it to be, but anyway it's a bold move for Sharon.
    The Dark Element is just exuberant.
    I knew you'd like them <3

Originally posted by Benjamin
    'Mad Love', 'I Like It' and 'YES' are BOPS
    They really are

Comment

You have a good memory! I do like Eureka. I also do think post season she has been at times problematic, but I think a) it means people jump on her every word looking for hidden meanings that aren't there and b) they play down the achievements in her season. I think her verse is a bop though too, but think most people agree Aquaria has the best verse.

As for the next set, queen of putting The Middle in the same spot, high five. Mad Love is catchy, We Are is novel enough, YES! should have been huge but my yaaaaaaasssssss is for 'Then' it's just beyond stunning.
      Check out my Top 100 of 2012 Countdown!

Comment

Originally posted by JakeP
        Hey Tansike Merry christmas to you <3 Hoping you've had an amazing christmas so far. I hope you got everything you wanted off santa.

I've now fully caught up with your top 100 and wow so many favourites already to list (wouldn't have it any other way of course ). These are my favourites so far:
        Hey Jake Merry (belated) Christmas to you, too! <3 Haha, I mostly got chocolate & stuff like that. Not really what I wanted considering I wanted to loose some weight again Hope you had an amazing Christmas time as well <3

Very excited to see your thoughts about my countdown so far!

99. Shawn Mendes – In My Blood
        98. P!nk – Secrets
        97. The Weeknd – Call Out My Name

Aww delighted to see Call out my name making an appearance. I couldn't remember how much this was liked by others but i know it was a firm favourite of mine earlier in the year. I'm sure we'll be getting new music from The Weeknd in 2019.
        I hope we will! I thought he'd follow-up "My Dear, Melancholy," with another mini album later in 2018 to be honest. Ah, I just remembered this did quite well on your charts, right? So maybe an appearance on your countdown as well (in case you're doing one this year as well)?

95. Justin Timberlake feat. Chris Stapleton – Say Something

This was definitely a wise choice to choose as a single following the underperformance of Filthy which pretty much came and went very quickly.
        True! I was shocked he never really picked a follow-up to "Say Something" though, as it did quite well. The era has been yet another weird one by Justin...

92. Billie Eilish – You Should See Me In A Crown
        91. Taylor Swift – Delicate
        90. Lana Del Rey – Venice Bitch

88. Ava Max – Sweet But Psycho

The new Britney? The new Lady Gaga? Who knows what 2019 holds for Ava but one thing is for sure, she has certainly succeeded in grabbing peoples attention with this track. Absolutely love this and just the fact she's brought pure pop back to the top of the charts. How could i not love Ava for that alone?
        Definitely an artist to keep an eye on in 2019. Very excited to hear her next single and I hope this really is/was the start of a new pop era.

87. Carrie Underwood feat. Ludacris – The Champion
        85. Imagine Dragons – Natural

84. Troye Sivan – My My My!

Aww my 'ickle babe Troye. <3 I feel in love with this on first listen and loved seeing Troye totally owning those homoerotic dance moves in the music video. It's remarkable just how much Troye has grown and developed with his music, and it was already a mature sound even with Happy little pill in 2014, but this year really does feel like the year Troye found his true self and i love him for that. <3
        Agree on everything

82. Nicki Minaj – Ganja Burn
        79. Eleni Foureira – Tómame
        78. Netta – Toy

77. Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper – Shallow

Another majestic ballad from Lady Gaga. I can't remember how well the ballad version of Joanne performed in your chart but at the time i thought that was a beautiful ballad. With Shallow Lady Gaga quite effortlessly raised the bar even higher. I still get goosebumps when i hear that first chorus.
        It got a good peak, but was quite a flop overall - its chartrun was this: 3-10-27-Out
        I was already kinda over "Joanne" when it got its single release, and the piano version didn't do much for me. I also don't think "Shallow" is one of her best ballads to be honest. It's still a very good song though and I'm glad to hear these thoughts

76. Troye Sivan – Bloom

Gosh It looks like buying the album really did transform Troye's fortunes in your chart then. When it came to singles, there's no doubt that Troye really delivered. Sadly i wasn't quite as sold on some of the album tracks. :(
        It really did! Especially on "Bloom" and "My My My!" - surprisingly, "Dance To This" didn't get a similar boost. I thought it would be the other way round! I also have to thank you, because knowing that this was such a big song for you actually helped as well, as I replayed it a few more times when i got the album A shame not all tracks had the same strong impact on you though, as I really enjoyed it from start to finish.

75. Bruno Mars feat. Cardi B – Finesse

74. Billie Eilish & Khalid – Lovely

This is gorgeous and looks likely to be another example of "why wasn't this a hit?" except for Australia and New Zealand where they embraced Billie Eilish with open arms. I'm definitely intrigued in hearing new music from Billie in 2019.
        Ava Max is getting compared to Lady Gaga so let's just say Billie Eilish will be the Lana Del Rey of 2019

72. Carrie Underwood – Love Wins
        71. David Guetta & Sia – Flames
        63. Cardi B, Bad Bunny & J Balvin – I Like It

62. Louisa feat. 2 Chainz – YES

So disappointed that YES failed to resonate with her UK fanbase, or maybe it was becoming a disintegrating fanbase and people were already losing interest. :( For me, this was a bop and Louisa owned it.
        So, so true. One of the songs from 2018 where I really have no idea why it wasn't a big(ger) hit.

61. Zedd, Maren Morris & Grey – The Middle

Very good so far, looking forward to seeing the top 60...and that battle for #1 honours. Ariana Grande vs Ariana Grande? Or have i completely overlooked someone else?
        Ha, we will all find out after a few more updates

Comment

Originally posted by Carbon
          I Like It and Mad Love are bops, and I almost included them in my list, but decided not to after all. didn't play them much even though I do think they're catchy.

the Noah Cyrus & MO song, I cannot even
          Glad to hear you actually considered them for your list as well - especially "Mad Love". Didn't expect other people to like that one

Hmm... I thought it's was cute

Originally posted by JSparksFan
          "I Like It" is probably Cardi B's most overrated song for me. It's good, but it's in the bottom half of the album, in my opinion. I love the vocals on "The Middle"!

I'm fairly sure I checked out "The Dark Element" and thought it okay. I'm listening to "My Indigo" now, and it's good!
          I think i can see why you are feeling that way, but it absolutely worked for me. Glad you like Maren's efforts on "The Middle"

Yas, so happy you checked that/them out!

Originally posted by king_oxymoron
          You have a good memory! I do like Eureka. I also do think post season she has been at times problematic, but I think a) it means people jump on her every word looking for hidden meanings that aren't there and b) they play down the achievements in her season. I think her verse is a bop though too, but think most people agree Aquaria has the best verse.

As for the next set, queen of putting The Middle in the same spot, high five. Mad Love is catchy, We Are is novel enough, YES! should have been huge but my yaaaaaaasssssss is for 'Then' it's just beyond stunning.
          True, she was problematic at time as well, but i still don't get the 'hate' she got. She did so well on S10 and was a VERY well deserved finalist. Interesting, I still don't see what's so good about Aquaria's verse

Glad to hear there are several songs you enjoy on the latest group! And obviously especially pleased to hear that about the WAY too underrated "Then" <3

Comment

Re: Tansike's Year-End Charts 2018 [#70 - #61]

Turning looks, stunting pretty, I'm the bitch from New York City and the absolute SPITFIRE rap line that comes after it is fire, in my eyes

Comment

Turning looks, stunting pretty, I'm the bitch from New York City and the absolute SPITFIRE rap line that comes after it is fire, in my eyes
              Well, it's definitely not that bad... but far from being the best and I don't see it as a verse which should be praised by people

The meanings behind the others were just so much stronger to me.

Comment

[center:32c5w9ub]
                60. Noah Cyrus & Gallant – Mad At You

Listen to "Mad At You"

Chartrun: *3*-8-5-14-15-18-25-37-Out / 8w
                Certification: -

Noah is probably the Queen of random releases, as she already released so many singles yet only “Mad At You” made her debut EP “Good Cry”. This ballad is one of her strongest releases to date, as her voice really works together with Gallant. A beautiful ballad.
                [/center:32c5w9ub]

59. David Guetta, Bebe Rexha & J Balvin – Say My Name

Listen to "Say My Name"

Chartrun: 8-*3*-6-10-7-8-SC / 6w

David Guetta’s third and final entry on my countdown is the best song on his new album “7”, which mostly comes down to Bebe. I simply love her at the moment so I was freaking excited when this got announced as an official single. It’s very generic and I can see why this isn’t a thing for everyone, but I can’t resist and simply love this tune.

58. Zedd & Elley Duhé – Happy Now

Listen to "Happy Now"

Chartrun: 16-21-17-*7*-9-10-17-28-39-Out / 9w

Following “The Middle” at #61, “Happy Now” is already the second and last appearance for German DJ and producer Zedd. It’s yet again Zedd-by-numbers and it worked yet again. Looking back at both songs, I have to admit I’m slightly surprised “The Middle” didn’t end up higher on my list than this.

57. Charlie Puth feat. Kehlani – Done For Me

Listen to "Done For Me"

Chartrun: 27-24-17-*13*-15-17-22-Out-RE 31-27-27-29-38-Out / 12w

Charlie Puth suffered from the sophomore slump with his second album “Voicenotes” worldwide but I have to say I still liked it a lot. “Done For Me” is the highlight of it (I know, unpopular opinion alert). I just like that sexy-slow-jam and Charlie is such a cutie.

56. Rita Ora – Anywhere

Listen to "Anywhere"

Chartrun in 2017: 5-6-*2*-4-3-4-8-9-12- / 9w
                Chartrun in 2018: 12-*6*-11-14-18-22-27-33-39-Out-RE 14-23-39-Out / 12w
                Certification: PLATINUM
                Ranking in the YEC 2017: #22

“Anywhere” already made a huge impact on me in 2017 and still made quite a big impact this year too. This is pop at its best and I still can’t believe Rita actually delivered this. Thankfully, after all these years of waiting, we’re also finally able to hold her second album in our hands.

Comment

[center:cyakuvqd]
                  55. Inna – No Help

Listen to "No Help"

Chartrun: *1*-2-9-20-14-15-21-34-Out / 8w

Inna is probably the most solid yet underrated pop star in the world. The Romanian dance-pop queen delivers bops since over ten years and “No Help” was no exception. With this, she also became the first artist ever to top my weekly charts simply based on releasing a video, as the song itself wasn’t available on iTunes or streaming services at first.
                  [/center:cyakuvqd]

54. Faun – Feuer

Listen to "Feuer"

Chartrun: *3*-8-15-25-26-22-29-32-Out-RE 25-22-35-38-Out / 12w

Faun is a so called Pagan-Folk band from German and even though they exist since years, I only discovered them recently. In 2018, they released a best of simply called “XV – Best Of” with “Feuer” being its only single. This is Pagan-Folk at its best and was a big highlight early in the year for me.

53. Cher – Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight)

Listen to "Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight)"

Chartrun: 21-12-*9*-13-16-14-15-22-31-Out / 9w

Guilty Pleasure alert! Never did I imagine to like Cher covering an ABBA song that much, but with “Gimme! Gimme! Gimme!” it worked perfectly. I always got a huge smile on my face when I played this.

52. Amaranthe – Countdown

Listen to "Countdown"

Chartrun: 9-27-Out-RE 14-*3*-7-11-16-32-35-38-Out / 10w

Amaranthe’s second and final appearance on my countdown is their single which is called very suitable: “Countdown”. This took some time to grow on me but in the end it eventually became one of their biggest hits for me, as it’s yet again typical Amaranthe, combining three different vocal performances, heavy metal music with pop and electronic influences.

51. Namika – Je ne parle pas français

Listen to "Je ne parle pas français"

Chartrun: 21-*5*-10-17-19-17-22-29-32-28-33-Out / 11w

“Je ne parle pas français” is a single by German singer Namika, who already got a big hit in the German speaking countries with her debut single “Lieblingsmensch” and yet another huge one with this. There was also a remix featuring French rapper Black M, called the Beatgees Remix, which was the main reason for its success in the German-speaking countries, though I prefer the original / solo version a lot more.

Comment

Re: Tansike's Year-End Charts 2018 [#60 - #51]

55. Inna – No Help - I liked ''Ra'' slightly more, but ''No Help'' is also good.
                    54. Faun – Feuer - great song, I think it would have entered my top 500 of 2018 if I made one.
                    Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

"Say My Name" is a banger actually, heard it on the Radio yesterday on my home back from the City and thought it's good.

Comment

Bruno Mars x Cardi B - Finesse
                        Billie Eilish x Khalid - Lovely
                        Cardi B - I Like It
                        Rita Ora - Anywhere

'Lovely' is just such a perfect title for the song, as it's such a lovely, heartbreaking ballad. Their voices sound so good together. 'I Like It' makes me feel like i'm in a movie for some reason. 'Anywhere' is a modern classic, in my book. Rita's best track by faaaaar

Comment

'No Help' is a really good one, it was in my chart, too.
                          Summer Top 10 - 2020.

Comment

Anywhere is my fave here but feels ancient to me now!

Done For Me is a very decent tune and Happy Now is very cute and almost made my 100, I like!

Comment

Originally posted by heppolo
                              55. Inna – No Help - I liked ''Ra'' slightly more, but ''No Help'' is also good.
                              54. Faun – Feuer - great song, I think it would have entered my top 500 of 2018 if I made one.
                              Two great tunes. Glad to hear that about "Feuer" - I love me some Pagan-Folk every now and then

Originally posted by luckyONE
                              "Say My Name" is a banger actually, heard it on the Radio yesterday on my home back from the City and thought it's good.
                              It really is Can't wait to see how far it may go on your weekly charts!

Originally posted by UKMusicLova
                              Bruno Mars x Cardi B - Finesse
                              Billie Eilish x Khalid - Lovely
                              Cardi B - I Like It
                              Rita Ora - Anywhere

'Lovely' is just such a perfect title for the song, as it's such a lovely, heartbreaking ballad. Their voices sound so good together. 'I Like It' makes me feel like i'm in a movie for some reason. 'Anywhere' is a modern classic, in my book. Rita's best track by faaaaar
                              Four great tunes, glad you're enjoying them as well Agree about "Anywhere", it's pop at its best.

Comment

Originally posted by Top10
                                'No Help' is a really good one, it was in my chart, too.
                                Glad to hear that

Anywhere is my fave here but feels ancient to me now!

Done For Me is a very decent tune and Happy Now is very cute and almost made my 100, I like!
                                Ha, true I still love it though!

Comment

[center:2bpoe34y]
                                  50. Ariana Grande – Thank U, Next

Listen to "Thank U, Next"

Chartrun: 4-*1*-5-9-16-15-16-SC / 7w

Ariana Grande may have been successful for years, but 2018 was her biggest year so far. “Thank U, Next” is her first of six appearances on my countdown (including one feature). This track came out of nothing and at first it was announced that an album with the same name would drop in 2018 too, but her team and she herself were probably overwhelmed by how huge this has become. It’s a good R&B track with a good video, but I think her other singles in 2018 were significantly stronger.
                                  [/center:2bpoe34y]

49. Mikolas Josef – Lie To Me

Listen to "Lie To Me"

Chartrun: 11-8-*7*-12-10-15-24-30-33-38-Out / 10w

Mikolas Josef represented his home country Czech Republic on the Eurovision Song Contest 2018 with “Lie To Me” and ended up with the best result ever for the country: 6th in the Grand Final! This is very Jason DeRulo and Mikolas is so sympathetic what sells the song. Very catchy tune, but there are still four more ESC entries to come.

48. Clean Bandit feat. Marina And The Diamonds & Luis Fonsi – Baby

Listen to "Baby"

Chartrun: *3*-3-6-15-12-13-12-SC / 7w

Okay, so here’s a thing. Clean Bandit had an amazing run when it comes to their singles lately, with all of them becoming worldwide smashes, while Marina struggled to get a hit for herself even though she deserves it so, so much. So everyone was expecting “Baby” to finally be that hit for her and it turned out as a… underperformance! I don’t know what went wrong as I’m enjoying this a lot, Marina’s voice is divine, Luis Fonsi is less annoying than expected and the beat is so cool and catchy.

47. Kodaline – Brother

Listen to "Brother"

Chartrun: 10-*8*-9-10-12-17-20-25-34-Out / 9w

A very late discovery for me as this song already came out in the middle of 2017 but only made it onto my weekly charts following the release of Kodaline’s new album in the second half of 2018. I already knew this track as my partner did a cover of it with his band and it’s been one of my favorite tunes by them, I still never really cared for the original. A shame, as this is a fantastic tune and could have been an even bigger hit in 2017.

46. Stefanie Heinzmann feat. Alle Farben – Build A House

Listen to "Build A House"

Chartrun: 17-*3*-4-7-13-18-25-28-30-Out / 9w

It’s rare to see artists from Switzerland having a big hit for me, but Stefanie Heinzmann did exactly that with her comeback single in 2018. She’s one of the most consistent and successful female artists coming from my country in the last few years and I love how she discovered a new sound with “Build A House”. Tropical/DJ-Dance-Pop may have been out by now, but this is a really strong tune and still comes across as fresh.

Comment

[center:338donjj]
                                    45. Twenty One Pilots – Jumpsuit

Listen to "Jumpsuit"

Chartrun: 10-*7*-10-15-20-39-Out-RE 9-12-23-Out / 7w

One of the comebacks I was really looking forward to in 2018 came from Twenty One Pilots. The very sympathetic duo released their new album “Trench” including its lead single “Jumpsuit”, but I wasn’t surprised to see this one being a commercial flop. I do love its alternative sounding. And yes, I’m having a little crush on Josh Dun.
                                    [/center:338donjj]

44. Calvin Harris & Sam Smith – Promises

Listen to "Promises"

Chartrun: 26-22-15-*12*-15-15-16-19-22-28-35-36-Out / 12w

One of just a handful of songs on my countdown that didn’t make the Top10 on my weekly charts. “Promises” was a collaboration by two of the biggest British artists at the moment, so the expectations were going to be big and I wasn’t too sure about it at first. Thankfully, it grew on me and sticked with me for quite a while. It’s just so relaxing on one side and so fun on another side.

43. Alan Walker feat. Au/Ra & Tomine Harket – Darkside

Listen to "Darkside"

Chartrun: 3-*2*-2-7-9-18-25-32-Out-RE 37-SC / 9w

Even though Alan Walker always released some songs since his breakthrough in early 2016 he never really came close to his debut hit “Faded” until 2018, when he released “Darkside”. I immediately fell in love with it and it became my sound of my big vacation in the Philippines.

42. Sigrid – Strangers

Listen to "Strangers"

Chartrun: *5*-6-8-10-9-9-16-30-Out / 8w

“Strangers” was the expected breakthrough hit for Norwegian pop newcomer Sigrid and I immediately loved it. It’s just pure pop with a catchy melody, but unfortunately she never even came close to this with one of its follow-ups.

41. Rita Ora – Let You Love Me

Listen to "Let You Love Me"

Chartrun: *3*-12-11-14-18-24-30-Out-RE 17-20-24-28-SC / 11w
                                    Certification: GOLD

Rita’s second and final appearance on my list is her latest single “Let You Love Me”. This is yet another strong pop tune for her, showing that she’s really able to deliver several strong tunes in a row.

Comment

Re: Tansike's Year-End Charts 2018 [#50 - #41]

47. Kodaline – Brother - I am a bit surprised to see a 2017 song here, but it's a very good one.
                                      42. Sigrid – Strangers - only peaked at #5 and had a 8 week chart-run, interesting to see it this high
                                      Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

'Thank U, Next' is a tune. I love it very much
                                        Good to see 'Baby', 'Promises' and 'Let Me Love You' too.
                                        Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

Baby had the sales but not the streaming, even though it topped the radio airplay chart - briefly.
                                          Marina finally getting on Radio 2.
                                          Don't bother updating your signature if it's a link. It takes you to completely random pages!!!!

Comment

"Let You Love Me" is good but not my favorite single off 'Phoenix'.
                                            "Baby" is alright and "thank u,next" is nice, too!

Comment

'thank u, next' is already a classic. I'm so excited to see what Ariana brings in 2019. 'Strangers' by Sigrid is a lesson in POP BOP!

Comment

Done For Me, Anywhere, Let You Love Me, thank u next, and Baby are all among my faves and charted in my chart (Anywhere was last year)
                                                last.fm

Comment

Sorry for jumping in so late, but I'm here + hyped for the Top 40!

@ you dedicating a special section just to shaming Carly, Ellie, and others! I can definitely understand the initial disappointment with their latest singles, but Ellie's, Zara's, and especially Carly's all grew on me in time. Have these ladies done much better before? Absolutely - but I don't think any of their 2018 offerings were dire enough to deserve this.
                                                  • Awesome that "Anywhere" had enough staying power to crack last year's Top 30 AND this year's Top 60!
                                                  • I'd forgotten/didn't realize that "Gimme! Gimme! Gimme!" had a strong enough run to place this high! I owe you for encouraging me to give Cher's ABBA covers a try, and while Dancing Queen didn't turn into one of my top-favorite albums of 2018, there's some fun stuff on there that was absolutely worth a listen - so thanks!
                                                  • Aw, I was just commenting a couple weeks ago about how "Thank U, Next" wasn't holding up as well as Ari's other recent singles on your chart, but it's still a little surprising (and saddening) to see it land down at No. 50 here. Reading Akini's thoughts about it in his YEC (and then writing my own response over there) reminded me just how much I appreciate about this track.
                                                  • The random Luis Fonsi shade I mean, "Despacito" did get obnoxiously massive (and Bieber deserves a fair share of the blame for that), but I've never really minded Luis's voice or anything. Having him and Marina together on a Clean Bandit track made for an especially interesting combo too! I'm still pretty shocked (and angry) that this turned into Clean Bandit's biggest "flop" in years in the UK.
                                                  • My heart ached for you when I read that Josh got engaged recently Granted, it wouldn't be unprecedented for a celebrity engagement to get broken off, but this could be the perfect time for you to join me on #teamtyler
                                                  last.fm

Comment

• Re: Tansike's Year-End Charts 2018 [#50 - #41]

I like mos of these! Strangers is amazing, love me some Sigrid. The Rita track is very good, same with Calvin and Sam, both would have made my hundred if it wasn't a very strong year.

I remember liking that ESC track, it was cheeky! Baby is ace, and thank u, next was much better than I initially gave it credit for. Subtle but banging.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X