Benjamin's Soundtrack of 2018.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Benjamin's Soundtrack of 2018.

153. NINA NESBITT | THE SUN WILL COME UP, THE SEASONS WILL CHANGE - that's one cute song
    Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

'Girls like you' didn't leave an Impression on me when I listened to the Album last year so I was surprised it was Chosen as a single. But I'm glad it did, so I recovered it and I really enjoy it now!

Comment

159.KACEY MUSGRAVES | BUTTERFLIES
        158. MARIAH CAREY | WITH YOU
        157. HALSEY + LAUREN JAUREGUI | STRANGERS
        156. ONE BIT + NOAH CYRUS | MY WAY

152. MAROON 5 + CARDI B | GIRLS LIKE YOU

Really love "Strangers" and "My Way", quite surprised the former isn't higher on your list. I also thought this could be as big as "Bad At Love" or "Without You" but I guess promotional wise she already was over that era and didn't do much for it anymore. "With You" is still my favorite song on "Caution", "Butterflies" and "Girls Like You" are nice

Comment

Great to see some Nina in the charts. Shockingly I don't know the title track yet but Somebody Special is great.

Shawn Mendes is never not amazing and In My Blood was a big moment for him this year. Enjoy the Justin track a lot, the best thing he's done in years, and Dem Beats is absolute fire, nice picks!
          Check out my Top 100 of 2012 Countdown!

Comment

My Way was one of those songs that made a big impact despite not even making the top 75.

Comment

[center:2931avk0]

150. CARDI B + 21 SAVAGE | BARTIER CARDI
              Cardi B followed up her 2017 monster hit 'Bodak Yellow' with the 21 Savage-assisted single 'Bartier Cardi'. The song's a bop, but it's not as good as Cardi's other singles - in my opinion.

149. LAURA PAUSINI | FANTÁSTICO (HAZ LO QUE ERES)
              My favourite song from the 'Hazte Sentir' era. 'Fantástico' is such an uplifting track. I think it's definitely in my top 5 Laura Pausini songs.

148. MALUMA | EL PRÉSTAMO
              Maluma baby! 2018 incredible year for Maluma. 'El Préstamo' was one of the biggest latin hits this Summer. I really like the track, but I think he's released better songs this year.

147. CHARLIE PUTH + KEHLANI | DONE FOR ME
              Charlie Puth teamed up with Kehlani for this irresistible song. 'Done For Me' is one of the best things Charlie has released so far, in my opinion. I only like 'Attention' better.

146. TINASHE + OFFSET | NO DRAMA
              Tinashe wants no drama. The 'Joyride' era wasn't a success, but at least we got some hot tracks. 'No Drama' deserved much more. I expected it to become an urban hit, at the very least, but unfortunately it didn't do any damage on the charts.

145. IGGY AZALEA + QUAVO | SAVIOR
              'Savior' sound very different from your usual Iggy Azalea song, but the song still bops. I really like the music video for this one. Iggy looks stunning. I love her, but she really needs someone to save her career.

144. BONNIE MCKEE | MAD MAD WORLD
              Bonnie McKee always delivers the hottest pop tunes. I really thought 'Mad Mad World' would have been her big breakthrough to the mainstream charts, but no. She deserves so much more.

143. SEBASTIÁN YATRA + MAU Y RICKY | YA NO TIENE NOVIO
              Heartthrob Sebastían Yatra released some bops this year. 'Ya No Tiene Novio', his collaboration with producer duo Mau y Ricky, definitely is one of them. The song's featured on Sebastián's 'MANTRA' album. His debut.

142. ARIANA GRANDE + NICKI MINAJ | THE LIGHT IS COMING
              Ariana teamed up with Nicki Minaj once again for the release of the only promo single from 'Sweetener.' 'The Light Is Coming' is a hot track, but I get annoyed by the sample a little. Ari's other tracks are higher up in the chart.

141.RICKY MARTIN + WISIN & YANDEL | FIEBRE
              Ricky Martin brought the heat with the release of 'Fiebre'. Ricky worked with reggaeton duo Wisin & Yandel on this track, something he's done before on the 2011 single 'Frío'. I must say the former is the better Ricky/Wisin & Yandel collaboration.[/center:2931avk0]
              Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

Originally posted by Benjamin
                154. ENRIQUE IGLESIAS + PITBULL | MOVE TO MIAMI I like the song, but I know Enrique can do much better.[/center]
                The piano still scares me. 'Bed' is the Nicki/Ariana collab I really appreciate.
                Summer top 10 - 31.07.2020.

Comment

Yay for Laura Pausini.

Comment

"With You" deserved more!
                    Akini's Top 100 Albums of the Decade: [85-81]

Comment

[center:36c29ytx]

140. TOMMY GENESIS | TOMMY
                      Naughty tune. A lot fo people said Cardi B ripped off this song when she released 'Bartier Cardi'. I think 'Tommy' is the better song. And that music video.. oh boy.

139. FLORENCE + THE MACHINE | SKY FULL OF SONG
                      Beautiful song. One of (the few) highlights on Florence + The Machine's latest album 'High As Hope'. I think the alum's solid, but it's not as good as her previous releases.

138. CALVIN HARRIS + SAM SMITH | PROMISES
                      It's always good to hear Sam Smith on a dance record. Calvin Harris knows how to produce a banger. Chill song. I like the music video too.

137. DADDY YANKEE | ZUM ZUM
                      Last year Daddy Yankee scored a mega hit with Luis Fonsi ('Despacito') and this year he took over the global charts with 'Dura' (still to come). 'Zum Zum' wasn't as big, but is another tune. I like the Natti Natasha version.

136. LUCAS & STEVE + BRANDY | I COULD BE WRONG
                      Lucas & Steve took a sample of Brandy's '90s classic 'I Wanna be Down' and turned it into a hot dance track. Listening to this song makes me hungry for new Brandy material.

135. DUA LIPA | IDGAF
                      Dua is a queen. Her debut album has become a classic in my books. I love how she released so many singles from it. 'IDGAF' was another hit for her. I really like the music video for this one.

134. LYKKE LI | UTOPIA
                      Lykke Li is no stranger to my chart. In 2014 she topped the year end chart with 'No Rest For The Wicked', one of my all time favourite songs. 'Utopia' is taken from her fantastic 'so sad so sexy' album.

133. JAX JONES + INA WROLDSEN | BREATHE
                      It's always a pleasure to hear Ina Wroldsen on a dance production. I think she does a great job on'Breathe'. It took me a while to get into this song, but I absolutely love it now.

132. TINASHE + FRENCH MONTANA & TY DOLLA $IGN | ME SO BAD
                      Third and final entry for Tinashe. 'Me So Bad' was released as the third single from 'Joyride' and it by far the best out of the songs. It should have been the lead single in my opinion. 'Me So Bad' deserved to be a hit.

131. SHAKIRA | NADA
                      One of the highlights of Shakira's 2016 album 'El Dorado'. I wanted her to release this as a single so bad and I'm glad she did. Beautiful song, great music video.[/center:36c29ytx]
                      Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

''Utopia'' is my highlight here. 'so sad so sexy' was in general more experimental and depressing, not aiming to score a big hit.

Comment

The entire 'El Dorado' album is great IMO, 'Nada' is Beautiful!

Comment

Done For Me and The Light Is Coming both bops!

Promises and Breathe should be higher IMO.

Comment

[center:3gbb8wen]

130.BENNY BLANCO + KHALID & HALSEY | EASTSIDE
                              It took me a while to get into this song, but I really like it now. Benny Blanco produced so many great hits for other artists, I'm glad he gets his chance to shine now. Khalid and Halsey both sound good on this.

129. SHAWN MENDES | LOST IN JAPAN
                              This song is so good. It's a bit more laidback than most of Shawn's other hits, but I really like it. I like the Zedd remix of the song, but I prefer the album version. The original has more soul in it.

128. DEBI NOVA | BOLA DE CRISTAL
                              Latest single from Debi's wonderful 'Gran Ciudad' album. At first I wasn't a big fan of this song, but when she decided to release it as a single it grew on me massively. Beautiful track. Lovely message.

127. RITA ORA | LET YOU LOVE ME
                              Rita Ora released 'Anywhere's little sister song with the release of 'Let You Love Me'. I think LYLM is not as good as the former, but it's still a tune. I like this pop/dance sound better than a more urban sound for her. She should be making these kind of songs instead of the likes of 'Girls'.

126. SOFI TUKKER + NERVO + THE KNOCKS & ALISA UENO | BEST FRIEND
                              I love Sofi Tukker. Their entire 'Treehouse' album is really good, but 'Best Friends' is definitely one of the highlights. The song makes me happy.

125. KESHA | LEARN TO LET GO
                              'Learn To Let Go' was released in the UK as an official single from the 'Rainbow' album, but wasn't able to become as big of a hit as 'Praying'. A shame. I really like the song and its music video.

124. KHALID + NORMANI | LOVE LIES
                              I liked Khalid's debut album, but this is the song that really put him on the map for me. 'Love Lies' is a great duet between him and ex-Fifth Harmony singe Normani. I hope both artists will release more songs in 2019.

123. TROYE SIVAN | STRAWBERRIES & CIGARETTES
                              2018 was a great year for Troye Sivan. Not only did he release one of the best pop albums of the year with 'Bloom', he also released the soundtrack for one of the best movies of the year: Love Simon. 'Strawberries & Cigarettes' is beautiful.

122. DRAKE | IN MY FEELINGS
                              'In My Feelings' was another smash hit for Drake. For me the song is one of many highlights on his 'Scorpion' album. There's more Drake to come.

121. KACEY MUSGRAVES | HIGH HORSE
                              The highest entry for Kacey Musgraves this year. 'High Horse' is the poppiest song she's ever done, but it suits her so well. One of the many highlights on the amazing 'Golden Hour' album.[/center:3gbb8wen]
                              Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

So very catchy, as every thing Sofi Tukker does. ''Don't you wanna meet me...'' hook is a bit annoying, but other than that it is a radio-friendly banger.

Comment

[center:1kx211vu]

120. NIALL HORAN | ON THE LOOSE
                                  This song screams 'springtime' to me. It's very uplifting and super catchy. I expected this to be another huge hit for Niall, but the basically flopped real hard. I still love it though.

119. DRAKE | GOD'S PLAN
                                  I think this has become Drake's biggest (US) hit yet. Quite impressive so far in his career. At first I thought the song was just okay, but the music video made me love it.

118. POST MALONE + 21 SAVAGE | PSYCHO
                                  A tune! I think this is Post Malone's best single yet. The song's just very catchy. I still don't know what to think of Post Malone though. He's weird.

117. PHARRELL WILLIAMS + CAMILA CABELLO | SANGRIA WINE
                                  'Sangria Wine' is 2018's smash hit that never was. This song had everything to become a hit, but flopped miserably. I still don't understand why the release was so messy. They should have released it late Summer after 'She Loves Control' - but oh well. Catchy tune.

116. FEFE DOBSON | SAVE ME FROM LA
                                  Fefe Dobson released a great single this year. 'Save Me From LA' doesn't sound like her previous material but introduced a more mature Fefe. I don't know if she's working on an album, but I sure as hell would like to hear more songs like this one.

115. LYKKE LI | HARD RAIN
                                  Fell in love with his song after seeing Lykke perform live for the first time. Went to her gig in Amsterdam, very last minute, and I had such a great evening. This girl is so talented. The music video for 'Hard Rain' is gorgeous.

114. TEYANA TAYLOR | WTP
                                  Big tune. Teyana really stayed with the release of 'WTP'. I just wish she'd released a dance video for this. Could have been epic.
                                  I've heard this song multiple times in a club and people go wild.

113. LOUISA + 2CHAINZ | YES
                                  Louisa was inspired by Christina Aguilera's 'Dirrty' for her best single yet. 'YES' is a big tune. I'm afraid it will be hard for her to top this one.

112. ROSALÍA | PIENSO EN TU MIRA
                                  'El Mal Querer' is one of the best albums of 2018. ROSALÍA stayed with this record. 'Pienso En Tu Mira' is a great track, but not even one of my faves on the album. The music video is interesting.

111. CASSIE | DON'T PLAY IT SAFE
                                  Cassie knows how to deliver a bop. 'Don't Play It Safe' is one of her best tunes ever. I really hope she will release more music in 2019. A new album or EP is long overdue.[/center:1kx211vu]
                                  Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

"Promises", "Love Lies", "Let You Love Me", and "On the Loose" are good. "High Horse" is fantastic!
                                    Akini's Top 100 Albums of the Decade: [85-81]

Comment

Niall with an unexpected uptempo which should’ve been a hit, and Louisa with an absolute banger.

Comment

114. TEYANA TAYLOR | WTP - I can only praise you for this

Comment

150. CARDI B + 21 SAVAGE | BARTIER CARDI
                                          147. CHARLIE PUTH + KEHLANI | DONE FOR ME
                                          145. IGGY AZALEA + QUAVO | SAVIOR
                                          142. ARIANA GRANDE + NICKI MINAJ | THE LIGHT IS COMING

139. FLORENCE + THE MACHINE | SKY FULL OF SONG
                                          138. CALVIN HARRIS + SAM SMITH | PROMISES
                                          135. DUA LIPA | IDGAF
                                          134. LYKKE LI | UTOPIA
                                          131. SHAKIRA | NADA

130.BENNY BLANCO + KHALID & HALSEY | EASTSIDE
                                          129. SHAWN MENDES | LOST IN JAPAN
                                          127. RITA ORA | LET YOU LOVE ME
                                          125. KESHA | LEARN TO LET GO
                                          124. KHALID + NORMANI | LOVE LIES
                                          121. KACEY MUSGRAVES | HIGH HORSE

120. NIALL HORAN | ON THE LOOSE
                                          115. LYKKE LI | HARD RAIN
                                          113. LOUISA + 2CHAINZ | YES

The last few updates had some fantastic songs in them!
                                          Shocked "YES" didn't make your Top100. Also love all the other bolded ones a lot.

Comment

Lots of good stuff! Let You Love Me, Promises, Done For Me... all bops. And Breathe is everything, I agree it's always a pleasure when I see Ina's name pop up, she is so talented whether it be as a writer or fronting a song! Good to see YES! in so many charts too,

My favourites are Niall and Kacey.. both songs absolutely bang in a midtempo country STOMPER kind of way!
                                            Check out my Top 100 of 2012 Countdown!

Comment

Diana Gordon - Kool Aid
                                              Maroon 5 x Cardi B - Girls Like You
                                              Dua Lipa - IDGAF
                                              Jax Jones - Breathe
                                              Benny Blanco - Eastside
                                              Khalid x Normani - Love Lies
                                              Kacey Musgraves - High Horse
                                              Drake - God's Plan
                                              Rosalía - Pienso En Tu Mira
                                              Cassie - Don't Play It Safe

Love the above tracks! My highlights are Khalid/Normani, Kacey Musgraves, Rosalia and Cassie. I need Cassie to release more music, because when she does it tends to bop.

Comment

[center:3vycz69b]

110. J BALVIN | AMBIENTE
                                                'Ambiente' became a huge hit in Latin America and Spain this Summer. The song has a bit of a Jamaican vibe and is more reggae than it is reggaeton. It's a chilling tune.

109. JANELLE MONÁE | MAKE ME FEEL
                                                I love Janelle. I've seen her perform during the 'ArchAndroid' era and fell in love with her. 'Make Me Feel' is a catchy tune. She reminds me of a female Prince so much.

108. ALL SAINTS | LOVE LASTS FOREVER
                                                I'm very happy that All Saints are still making music. Their latest album, 'Testament', is another solid record from the girls. I prefer the 'Red Flag' album, but 'Testament' has some good songs on it. 'Love Lasts Forever' is cute.

107. KALI UCHIS | NUESTRO PLANETA
                                                Kali Uchis' 'Isolation' album is one of the best of the year. 'Nuestro Planeta' and 'Miami' are my two fave songs. I wish the latter
                                                would've gotten a music video. Oh well. 'Nuestro Planeta' is a bop.

106. LADY GAGA | JOANNE
                                                In January I last minute bought a ticket to see Lady Gaga in Amsterdam (with Noah, ArmyOfMe and Fan) and I fell back in love with the 'Joanne' single, album and Lady Gaga. She won me back with that gig. 'Joanne' (song) is beautiful.

105. SHAWN MENDES + KHALID | YOUTH
                                                The best song on Shawn's self-titled album. An odd pairing, but I think Shawn and Khalid sound great together on this track. The song feels somewhat like an anthem. The music video is cute too.

104. TONI BRAXTON | COPING (TOM SWOON REMIX)
                                                Toni released a remix bundle for her 'Sex & Cigarettes' track 'Coping' earlier this year. The Tom Swoon Remix is my favourite and elevates the original song to a whole new level. Dance club Diva.

103. KAROL G | PINEAPPLE
                                                I discovered latin princess Karol G when she released this hot tune. Ever since I became a fan of hers. Karol released quite some bops this year and this is only the first one to chart. Stay tuned.

102. MORCHEEBA | NEVER UNDO
                                                I love Morcheeba. I think Skye has one of my favourite voices in music. There's something about her tone I really like. 'Never Undo' is a wonderful track. She sounds so good on it. I think it's in my top 5 Morcheeba songs now.

101. KYLIE MINOGUE | STOP ME FROM FALLING
                                                Kylie's 'Golden' era has been very interesting. She released quite a solid record. 'Stop Me From Falling' just misses out the top 100, but there's more Kylie to come.[/center:3vycz69b]
                                                Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

Love Skye and Morcheeba. ''Never Undo'' is a good song, I love the production.

Comment

Youth is the best song from Shawn this era by far. Nearly everything Khalid touches I end up liking.

I had not heard that Morcheeba song before but I loved it, so thanks!

Comment

'Youth' is one of the better Songs off 'Shawn Mendes' imo!

Comment

Originally posted by ludichris
                                                        Youth is the best song from Shawn this era by far. Nearly everything Khalid touches I end up liking.

I had not heard that Morcheeba song before but I loved it, so thanks!
                                                        Yay! Glad you like the song
                                                        Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

Make Me Feel is low!

SMFF just missed my top 100 too, I got fed up of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Thriller
                                                            SMFF just missed my top 100 too, I got fed up of it.
                                                            I get that. I really like the song, but it got old quick. I guess
                                                            Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

[center:3g9bz6g1]

100. SEBASTIÁN YATRA | SUTRA
                                                              Sevond entry for Sebastián Yatra. 'SUTRA' is a the best bop he released so far. Glad this turned out to be a hit for him in the Spanish speaking countries. I think this is the one song that put him on the map.

099. LIAM PAYNE + J BALVIN | FAMILIAR
                                                              Yes Liam, come through! This song is hot. And of course, so is Liam. I love that he worked together with J Balvin. Good song that deserved much more this year.

098. AJA | BRUJERÍA
                                                              Aja is a drag queen and singer, known for competing on season 9 of RuPaul's Drag Race. This girl can rap and that's what she does on 'Brujería'. The beat of the song is so infectious. Song's red hot.

097. ZAYN | LET ME
                                                              'Let Me' is a cute track. It has become one of my favourite ZAYN singles so far. I actually really like the 'Icarus Falls' album. I wish he'd promote it and turn it more into an era.

096. DELTA GOODREM | THINK ABOUT YOU
                                                              Delta Goodrem debuted a new sound and showed off her naughty side on 'Think About You', but unfortunately the people were not here for it. Shame! I think the song's really good. It's chill and had a '90s vibe. Should have been a big hit for her.

095. GLORIA TREVI | ME LLORAS
                                                              Mexican Queen Gloria Trevi came back with a bang. 'Me Lloras' is loud, in your face and red hot. Gloria's looks in the video are so over the top, but I love it.

094. J BALVIN | AHORA
                                                              Another single from J Balvin's smash album 'Vibras'. This song became the soundtrack of some Summer nights for me. Another very chill song.

093. JOHN MAYER | NEW LIGHT
                                                              John Mayer released a very catchy single this year. A great follow-up to the 2017 album 'The Search For Everything'. I hope a new John Mayer album is imminent, because I like this sound and would like to hear more of it.

092. MARC ANTHONY + BAD BUNNY & WILL SMITH | ESTÁ RICO
                                                              Marc Anthony finally released a new single as a lead artist (his first since 2014). He teamed up with the hottest star in latin music and Will Smith. No idea why the latter is featured on this hot track, but it does seem to work out. Bop!

091. MYA | DAMAGE
                                                              Mya is a R&B veteran by now, but she still know how to release these smooth tunes so far in her career. 'Damage' is one of the best things she's ever done. She surprised me with 'Coolin' last year, but topped it with 'Damage'. I just love this chick and I'm happy she still has a successful career.[/center:3g9bz6g1]
                                                              Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

Working...
                                                              X