Clear All

Re: Thriller's Top 100 of 2018 [40-31]

40. All Saints - Love Lasts Forever
    37. Ariana Grande - Breathiní
    33. Liam Payne & Rita Ora - For You
    32. MNEK - Tongue

Love "Breathin", definitely my fave from the last group

Comment

"Youngblood" is one of 2018's biggest surprises for me. I had never listened to any 5SOS songs prior to that so I was kinda shocked when I first heard it, it's really that good!

Comment

30-21

[youtube:2qjquirm]VipdnXVcSWY[/youtube:2qjquirm]

30. Just Kiddin - Body Talk
        29. Todd Edwards - Catch My Breath (ft. Tashi Condelee)
        28. One Bit x Noah Cyrus - My Way
        27. SG Lewis - Aura (ft. J Warner)
        26. Ariana Grande - No Tears Left To Cry
        25. Patrick Topping - Be Sharp Say Nowt
        24. Kylie Minogue - Golden
        23. Janelle Monae - Make Me Feel
        22. Jax Jones - Breathe (ft. Ina Wroldsen)
        21. Louisa - Yes

Comment

Re: Thriller's Top 100 of 2018 [30-21]

"Golden" is good, "No Tears Left to Cry" is lovely, and "Make Me Feel" is great!
          Akini's Top 400 Songs of the Decade: [115-111]

Comment

Ariana, Jax Jones and Janelle Monae are all good for me
            last.fm

Comment

absolutely love 'No Tears Left To Cry'!

Comment

I've checked Louisa's dancing video, and yes, the song is very catchy.
                Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

Yes is my one here, I prefer Breathe but that was so last year. Do enjoy the Janelle track but I got my life this year to a remix of it rather than the original. One Bit is cool!
                  Check out my Top 100 of 2012 Countdown!

Comment

'no tears left to cry' was a real musical moment of 2018. Everyone was wondering what Ariana would come back with, after the difficult year she had, and no one expected that. It's a classic.
                    'Make Me Feel' is funky Janelle, chanelling her Prince inspiration. Love it. 'Breathe' is a bop, really held up well against Jax Jones' other bops.

Comment

20: Moss Kena - Square One
                      [youtube:mkdyibya]0mfCJCkXODA[/youtube:mkdyibya]

So the first time I heard this, early in 2018, and for several times after I assumed Moss was a black female, not helped by the fact he kept his face hidden for initial months following the release of his debut single. Turns out, heís a 20 year old white boy with mad cheekbones. His voice is pretty sublime on this, a downtempo R&B/soul ballad of sorts which is instantly mesmerising. The rest of his material since has been so strong and he recently supported Jess Glynne on tour - really hope 2019 is his breakthrough.

Comment

19: Sigrid - Strangers
                        [youtube:2x6gysag]cIriwVhRPVA[/youtube:2x6gysag]

Sigrid emerged right at the turn of the year and was given instant fame by the topping the BBCís Sound of 2018 poll. Iíd enjoyed her minor hits from 2017, but from the first listen I could tell Strangers was special. It builds gradually from minimal production, with the percussion kicking in bit by bit before that massive chorus hits and her voice soars over a synthpop riff that any 80s group wouldíve loved to have created. Her live performances are charming and the way she bounds across the stage really sells the energy of this track.

Comment

18: RuPaul - Kitty Girl (ft. The Cast Of RuPaulís Drag Race Allstars Season 3)
                          [youtube:ecybipnm]Alq056oB4fE[/youtube:ecybipnm]

Iíve never been a massive fan of Ruís music, most of it is generic and disposable, serving well as a soundtrack to the show but thatís it. Whereas Kitty Girl, when featured on AS3 in the ensemble performance was just so so addictive! Yes itís basic, but itís so damn catchy and is a top bop. Love the live performance, love the 90s dance-pop production, love the flow of the verses (especially Shangela) and just generally find it a delight. I should really check out more music from the RPDR queens in general, but hopefully the show produces something this good again!

Comment

If 2012 Mike could see you now, five drag queens infiltrating your top twenty! Kitty Girl is a bop though, fair. Strangers is absolutely superb, another one I hope we get to see together in June!

Comment

'Strangers' is a true pop bop! Sigrid snapped on that one

Comment

28. One Bit x Noah Cyrus - My Way
                                26. Ariana Grande - No Tears Left To Cry
                                24. Kylie Minogue - Golden
                                23. Janelle Monae - Make Me Feel
                                21. Louisa - Yes
                                19: Sigrid - Strangers
                                18: RuPaul - Kitty Girl (ft. The Cast Of RuPaulís Drag Race Allstars Season 3)

Ohhh love some of the latest updates! "My Way" and "Yes" are two underrated BOPS. A shame they both flopped. "No Tears" is brilliant. "Kitty Girl" was a hit for me, too. Such a guilty pleasure. Though i prefer the "American" remix from Season 10.

Comment

Re: Thriller's Top 100 of 2018 [20-18]

Moss Kena's one is so vibey.

Comment

17: Chvrches - Miracle
                                    [youtube:3g74yy5b]e1YqueG2gtQ[/youtube:3g74yy5b]

Always been a fan of Chvrches and their 80s electro roots - Get Out was a good track that grew on me somewhat, but it was Miracle that really stood out from their latest album. The production on this song is immense, meaning the post-chorus breakdown really makes an impact and lends itself perfectly to the repeat of the lyric over the top of it at the end. The pinnacle of the track for me is the middle breakdown when they take it up a notch with a stuttering drumbeat that comes crashing down again - such an eargasm.

Comment

16: Toni Braxton - Long As I Live
                                      [youtube:e2r1nmzx]EjW7WzozgI0[/youtube:e2r1nmzx]

Who knew that Toni Braxton, 25 years deep into her chart career, would release two of my favourite songs of 2018? Her voice is as smooth as it ever was and Long As I Live is an absolute R&B classic already - all the hallmarks of an early 00s slow jam, it oozes class and quality, and you can tell it was co-written by one of Babyfaceís collaborators. I feel like this was a real low key hit for her, everyone online seemed to rave about it so Iím hoping more of same comes soon.

Comment

15: Blossoms - I Canít Stand It
                                        [youtube:1p3eomle]-i78ozTGRQI[/youtube:1p3eomle]

Loved lots of stuff from their debut album in 2016; Blossoms appealed to me as a straightforward indie group with strong melodies who wouldnít have been out of place in the mid 90s or mid 00s. Two years later and they were back with another brilliant repertoire of tracks - TARWINRYC almost made my top 100, but I Canít Stand It easily sits in my top 20. A jangly, catchy as hell, made for radio indie hit that wouldíve been huge in the peak of Britpop. Really hope to see them live at Glastonbury!

Comment

Re: Thriller's Top 100 of 2018 [17-15]

"Long as I Live" is classy R&B indeed. I think the whole Sex & Cigarettes album was a big success for her, from a quality perspective.
                                          Akini's Top 400 Songs of the Decade: [115-111]

Comment

Re: Thriller's Top 100 of 2018 [17-15]

Didn't expect to see Toni in your top 20! It's a great R&B track, fitting the icon she is.

Comment

Yassss Kween Toni! My favorite R&B song of the year by quite a stretch! And this is coming from someone who feels her Ď10s output has been very lackluster.

And 51 has never looked so impeccable. #blackdontcrack
                                              Originally posted by beredy
                                              When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

Well this is interesting, wouldn't have expected any of these.
                                                Miracle is great, I prefer Never Say Die but this too and I hope to see them on the Glasto bill. Blossoms, any other year at least one of their songs would make the cut. I've seen them three times now, twice at Glastonbury, so them appearing at three Glasto on the slot might not be your best bet but with the year off, you never know! I Can't Stand It is probably my favourite of theirs since Charlamagne.

Comment

Yay for Blossoms

Comment

Working...
                                                  X