Thriller's Top 100 of 2018 [2-1]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Thriller's Top 100 of 2018 [10-9]

'Answerphone' is a real bop, love Ella on that. She suits these more sassy tracks!
    'Overtime' is fantastic, definitely a good throwback track and love hearing Jessie on another electronic track!

Comment

8: MK, Jonas Blue & Becky Hill - Back And Forth
      [youtube:1p16w8wc]FrARlI83tjA[/youtube:1p16w8wc]

MK and Becky are the DREAM TEAM when it comes to modern day, throwback bangers... they just need to make a whole album to be honest. Not sure what Jonas adds to this, I always forget he’s credited!
      THRILLER’S SOUNDS OF THE 90s

Comment

7: Sigala & Paloma Faith - Lullaby
        [youtube:1v4adke6]c52w3ClMCN0[/youtube:1v4adke6]

Sigala is relatively consistent, a few duds have cropped up along the way but this is up there with his very best - massively thanks to Paloma. Just watch the above performance to see how joyous this song really is.

Comment

13: Jess Glynne - All I Am
          11: Loud Luxury - Body (ft. Brando)
          7: Sigala & Paloma Faith - Lullaby

Really enjoy these three tunes from the latest updates

Comment

Re: Thriller's Top 100 of 2018 [8-7]

Yeah this is a very solid start to the top ten, Ella is in my own as you know, we are soooo similar. I also stan Back and Forth and really enjoy Lullaby too.
            Historically i have always enjoyed Jessie more live than on record, it's a great show.
            Check out my Top 100 of 2012 Countdown!

Comment

happy for Paloma's success in Lullaby, but the song is really nothing special to me
              last.fm

Comment

6: Calvin Harris & Dua Lipa - One Kiss
                [youtube:35nt0pk4]DkeiKbqa02g[/youtube:35nt0pk4]

I enjoyed Calvin’s previous era, but this sound is definitely more his lane. The banger of the summer, perfect compliment to the weather, a lazy but lush vocal from Dua and an Ibiza house production that sounded straight out of 1999.

Comment

5: Kylie Minogue - Dancing
                  [youtube:1gb6wwwk]-BDImdAfodA[/youtube:1gb6wwwk]

Many of you guessed this would be #1... it’s not even my favourite Golden track! It is a bloody great pop song though that I just seem to become more fond of as the months go by. For a Kylie single in the streaming era, it was actually a true hit.

Comment

Dancing - on my first listen, I liked it, but after a couple more started hating it. still hate it tbh, and this whole era

One Kiss - nice subtle bop, gets into your ear. don't know why I didn't chart it, it's not a song that would've ranked very high, but still
                    last.fm

Comment

• Re: Thriller's Top 100 of 2018 [6-5]

I like both! I would dance to both on a night out!
                      Check out my Top 100 of 2012 Countdown!

Comment

• Re: Thriller's Top 100 of 2018 [6-5]

"One Kiss" is decent. "Dancing" is fun.
                        Akini's Top 400 Songs of the Decade: [2-1!]

Comment

• 4: Paloma Faith - ‘Til I’m Done
                          [youtube:rjmuzqqs]WdDZdpw8siw[/youtube:rjmuzqqs]

Great year for Paloma from another solid album and this was my clear highlight after Crybaby - Paloma does Donna Summer at her disco best. Just adore the structure of this song and it had a great video and camp dance remix from Jon Pleased Wimmin.

Comment

• 3: Kylie Minogue - Raining Glitter
                            [youtube:2es1hqg5]70pJZ9w3oGk[/youtube:2es1hqg5]

And here is the highest Kylie entry in the top 100; the most typical Kylie track on Golden. It was an instant YES from the moment the bassline kicked in and the chorus is classic disco/pop that would’ve fit on many an album over the past 20 years.

Comment

• 2: Kacey Musgraves - High Horse

Had barely heard of this woman before last year but I discovered High Horse on a new music Friday playlist and instantly fell in love. Quirky, cute, disco-tinged country/pop with an irresistible sing-a-long bridge, sassy lyrics, gorgeous vocal and instant replay value.

Comment

• 1: Azealia Banks - Anna Wintour

Whereas everyone knows Azealia, mostly for the wrong reasons. Regardless of her as a person, her music has been consistently great for 7 years, peaking last year with the classy, Vogue-tastic, early 90s US house BANGER, Anna Wintour. It delivers on everything for me and slays most current careers.

Comment

• "Raining Glitter" is epic! Glad you love it so much.

I adore "High Horse", though I'm not sold on "Anna Wintour". I guess since both you and Carbon have it as your year-end #1s, I should probably revisit it.
                                  Akini's Top 400 Songs of the Decade: [2-1!]

Comment

• Til I'm Done is great, can't believe I forgot to include it!!

I have said enough about Anna Wintour, truly THE song of the year
                                    last.fm

Comment

Working...
                                    X